Speaker 1: Somebody's bots for some boys plays to play.
Speaker 2: These two boys will save pennies two boss short sus because they are in a Cereal boat reviewing Cereal is the Go Go and Andrew dathing in a Cereal boat.
Speaker 1: Think it's some new one boat.
Speaker 2: It's the serial serial. It's the serial serial. It's the serial series, Serial Kill Show, Salker Show, the Cereal Dealer Show. This is the Cereal Dealer Show, the Cereal Killer Show.
Speaker 3: It's the matter Andrew.
Speaker 1: You parted before the show started, and now I have to speak through my sweatshirt. Happy New Year, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 3: Those are the worst sound effects ever.
Speaker 1: What did you eat before the New Year? What died in your stomach and has been waiting to come out?
Speaker 3: I had so much food New Year's Eve and it's just still there. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode seventy one, the first of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: We're really still riding that high from the spoonies. Yes, I know, by the way telecast.
Speaker 3: Ever, today's January third?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Right today? The third?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One, two three? And this is the final day I keep I can't. This is the final day that I allow people to say Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Because I need to pause the episode because it really reeks, like I can't even breathe without this.
Speaker 3: After today, I do not allow happy New Year from anybody. That's cool, be that jerk your birthday. We're happy New Year to you, and you go it. That's right. What's what's it called February first? I mean, when do you stop? I don't care if I didn't see you for a month. All right, yere, let's just get right to it, shall we. Yes, welcome to serial killers. Welcome, Welcome to a new year. Yeah, and uh, that's it. Let's just get rolling.
Speaker 1: Let's get rolling.
Speaker 3: How was did you have a party? Did you eat lots of cereal? DoD you have bowls of cereal out? I asked you this a great time. Yeah?
Speaker 1: I left a bowl of milk in the windows, so that doesn't go rotten.
Speaker 3: Why why is there some sort of cereal fairy that comes in New Year's even No, you know, you do the quarter.
Speaker 1: Face up or face down in the window sill, and that's supposed to bring you money in the New Year. So I don't know what a cereal bowl does, but we'll try it.
Speaker 3: But you're not supposed to put milk in it.
Speaker 1: Oh oops, too bad. Can't wait for the summer. That's gonna smell great.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, let's get rolling here. Yeah. Would you like to do classic or classic or new? First?
Speaker 1: I'll do new.
Speaker 3: You want to go new? Yeah, I am going down to the sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, this cereal is from twenty seventeen, but we said it can still be called new because we give it a couple of years because a lot of people still don't even know that it exists.
Speaker 1: Well, as you explained during the Spoonies, you are the board of directors. Pretty much everything has to be approved by you, so you may be these rules, we got to live by them, that's correct.
Speaker 3: So oh hey, happy New Year? Scary, happy New Year?
Speaker 1: Are you smelling right now? What the studio smells like? Smells like something gott he forwarded?
Speaker 3: So bad? Oh really? What what are you pointing to this?
Speaker 1: What's this alf olf?
Speaker 3: What is alf That's is the old school? Yeh, nineteen eighty sitcom stood for Alien life form. That's right, that's from our last episode. Andrew didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: I knew what ALF was, I just didn't know about the.
Speaker 3: Andrew childhood memories. This song, did you know that I was in the ALF fan club. You are, that's where the pad came from.
Speaker 1: What TV shows? Were you a fan of Scary Different Strokes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Facts of Life. I don't have any of these theme songs ready, like give me a Break, Give me a Break, Gosh, Shaw deserve it. I finally matter to the top. We got it, Mel Carter Man.
Speaker 1: No, Carter, you keep saying names.
Speaker 3: I don't know that Growing Pains, Family Ties, Cheers. I had such a crush on Samantha from Give Me a Break. I loved her Night Court. But then in the nineties I was you know, Seinfeld and Friends. Guy. You know I watched it all throughout the year. You know, we're gonna have to have Scary come back for an episode of TV theme songs from the eighties, because I bet he knows them all.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised. Webster you never heard of web Webster was the smart Relax ma'am.
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't. You're laughing, but you have no idea why Steve Erkele, Yes, he came after Webster, but they were like, yeah, that was nineties, late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 1: Erkele was in Webster.
Speaker 3: No, he was the new Webster.
Speaker 1: He was the new Webster.
Speaker 3: After Webster left, they were like, we need another shitcom just like the other one, So they made another one. Yeah, Emmanuel Lewis, where are they now? I have no idea he was Emmanuel Lewis.
Speaker 1: Didn't he win Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Emmanuel Lewis, I don't know. That's Webster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely was on Dancing with the Star. He was not my phone.
Speaker 3: Look, Emmanuel Lewis is not dancing on TV.
Speaker 1: Emmanuel Lewis. Go ahead, guys, hold on, I'm right. I know I'm right.
Speaker 3: No you're not.
Speaker 1: I have to be right. God, please let me be right. Oh yeah, no, no, no, he wasn't he was in the Surreal Life.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was with Eric Strata from Chips. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wow, we've come full circle.
Speaker 3: All right, So anyway, where were we? So the new circle of twenty seventeen is General Mills Cheerios variety.
Speaker 1: You will hate it, but.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You never care about my feelings.
Speaker 3: Very berry cheerios.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no like dried fruit in here, so you should be Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel gross because I touched the part of the mic that has like the grate on it and speak in too, and I feel like I definitely have diseases.
Speaker 3: So please can you read that?
Speaker 1: So berry good?
Speaker 3: Yes, the mascot must be strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. That's their mascot because it's on the front of the Cheerios box.
Speaker 1: I love the fruit mascots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so shake it up, Scotty shake doesn't really need one actually, because they're all the same pieces. They're all the same o's. Did you know, by the way, for twenty twenty, regular cheerios and honey nut cheerios now have heart shapes in them. It's the first time they ever diverted from just the o's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't wait for the little thing that produces the little shapes though, screws up and then you just get a malformed heart. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because cheerios claim to be heart healthy and they can lower cholesterol. Asterisk All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: I liked the asterisk.
Speaker 3: Well, there is one three grams of soluble fiber daily from whole grain oat foods like very berry, cheerio cereal. In a diet low and saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. Very very Cheerio cereal provides point seventy five grams per serving, So basically they're just telling you don't eat crap. This doesn't do anything. Just don't eat you know, cookies and fried chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hmm fried chicken though with waffles, that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: You missed that cereal?
Speaker 1: Don't you know? That cereal was nasty? Oh that's they just missed out on the spoonies.
Speaker 3: No, oh, they were pretty off.
Speaker 1: They were awful.
Speaker 3: The thing is that we didn't give them no bowls so they couldn't get into the spoonies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were so bad, but like forgettable bad.
Speaker 3: Here go Farmland whole milk, still left over from twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: So let's see it.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: One's you think all right?
Speaker 3: I like it? It's weak, weak, not enough berry flavor. No, it tastes like a cheerio, whole grain oats, sugar, corn syrup, oat bran, cornstarch, salt, blueberry powder, canola oil. I don't know what this is. Tripotassium phosphate, strawberry powder, cranberry powder, raspberry powder, vegetable and fruit juice color, natural flavor vitamin E.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta tell you, this tastes like a cheerio.
Speaker 3: You know, if there were some like dried strawberries in there, I would like that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give this three bowls. It's good but forgettable. Yeah, I wouldn't search for this in the cereal aisle.
Speaker 3: There were strawberry cheerios as well a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Ooh, those, I feel like then I know what the taste is. This just feels like maybe there's a touch of fruit.
Speaker 3: That was a limited edition along with the peach, which we never got to.
Speaker 1: Try, and god, I would hate the peach.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am a fan. It's just not that good.
Speaker 3: Three bowls and a spoon for me. Okay, now let's go classic. Okay, it's a post cereal. Okay. I've been around since the very late eighties, I believe early nineties. There are lots of varieties the cereal. They come and go. I'll give you a clue. We had the caramel apple variety, we had a vanilla variety. We have special k No, it's post my friend raisin brand post. No, what's the matter with you, Hashi? No post post post c W Post fought with mister Kellogg harum Yes, sanitarium.
Speaker 1: Post post screp nuts.
Speaker 3: Honey bunches of oat. First of all, there's no vanilla grape nuts or caramel apple grape nuts. You dope grape honey bunches of oats. I even said it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, cool going down to the cereal sack a classic.
Speaker 3: It's not the original honey bunches of oats, but it's crunchy honey roasted.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we'll come forward to this.
Speaker 3: This definitely needs a Scotti shake because there's flakes and clusters and oats and all kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you ever make the Scotty shakes jingle that I wanted you to make.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. I ate a lot this holiday, and Scotty just shook when he did the shakes.
Speaker 1: My goodness, well, Sotti is still shaking even though he's standing in one place, is.
Speaker 3: Still going ah yeah, ooh, that smells nice. That's a fast poor right there. By the way, I'm very proud of you. Your phone has not rang or lit up or buzzed or beefed or anything. New Year knew me, bro, You're new Andrew. I love that. Look at that I've had that in there since twenty nineteen, but it's still not expired. Oh cool, Tuscan dairy pure. No, it's not from Tuscany, Andrew, I wish just the brand.
Speaker 1: Tuscan milk sounds so exotic. Go there's yours, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Honey, bunches of oats, crunchy honey, roasted ready?
Speaker 1: When's he think?
Speaker 3: I coconut a lot? What are you doing? You're not sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot? Tounpack, I tasse coke. I don't know. That's a lot of honey.
Speaker 3: Do you like it?
Speaker 1: I think it's so not bad.
Speaker 3: I give it three balls.
Speaker 1: I think question mark. I like the cereal. I I don't know. Let me try another spoonful. It's is it bad? No?
Speaker 3: What is it? If it's not bad, then what is it? What's the opposite of bad?
Speaker 1: I give us three balls and a spoon Okay, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I've come to the conclusion. Right. It's overly sweet at first, but then you get used to it because it numbs your taste buds, and then it becomes good.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for you to say good at some point. Remember that better than Ezra from the nineties. Good sir, you don't remember that song? No better than Ezra?
Speaker 1: Is that the name of the song.
Speaker 3: No, the group is better than Ezra. The song is good.
Speaker 1: I think they had a song on the Garden State soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Me very possible because I was right about the same time you liked gard State. No, I actually walked out of Garden State. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: I love Garden State. That soundtrack was amazing.
Speaker 3: Amy and I went to see Garden State at the movie theaters and I think that we were with a friend of ours and we looked at each other and we're like, I don't get it, and we left like like a I don't even remember. It was terrible. I loved that it wasn't there seen in a junk yard or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, they a'll scream and Natalie Portman's in it. It was great.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it was horrendous.
Speaker 1: That soundtrack actually won the Grammy for Best Compilation Album. It's that good. I'm telling you from now that album is still amazing.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you like nineties alternative.
Speaker 1: That soundtrack is compiled of like a bunch of different things.
Speaker 3: Bet and Nasa had a bunch of great songs that was in the Blood Now you don't remember that one? Then there was Desperately Wanting? Also, that was a good That was a like a It wasn't a huge hit, but it was on the radio.
Speaker 2: Pass the rude to.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I Love the Nineties. I should be on that show called I Love the Nineties.
Speaker 1: This is the nineties alternative chat channel just goes through his old songs and asks me if I know them, and then berates me when I don't. All right, do you remember four Fingers four Fingers? They have the song love You Like This? Let me play it?
Speaker 3: You mean finger eleven? No, there's no group called four Fingers. You just made that up?
Speaker 1: Yes, to sound like you. Do you remember this trend? Do you remember cow jumping over moon?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get past that. I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 1: You actually would be good on one of those like I Love the Blank shows.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you could be fun.
Speaker 1: You would be funny. You'd probably be the over eager one on it though, where it's like that guy loves it a little too much.
Speaker 3: Let's move on. I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, serial Killers in turn National, So who does the voiceover for that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably stacks. You know, we need to dive into some other country cereals.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: So I drove around a little bit with Cooper last week.
Speaker 1: Where'd you drive?
Speaker 3: Mexico, Canada? Yeah, we went across the border, which border. She was my cereal sleuth, and we went to all these crazy neighborhoods and got some weird cereals.
Speaker 1: Are you just gonna add cereal on top of things?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, Ciral. So we drove in my Cereal car, the Cereal Mobile, took a spin down ninety five and we picked up this secret cereal. You ready, Okay? This came from the H Mart. It's h Mart, It's it's an Asian market.
Speaker 1: Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Okay. So I called them and I said, hey, do you have any Asian cereals?
Speaker 1: And they're like, yeah, did you call on the Cereal phone?
Speaker 3: It was the Cereal phone. I actually called the Opnar bizarre first. That was the Indian store and I asked them for cereally and he said, yeah, I'll tend and I went it was just all frosted flakes and raisin brow like, this is not what I'm talking about. I want Indian cereal. And then Gandhi said and hes don't really eat cereal. They don't. It's not a thing. So there's no crazy Indian cereal all right. Anyway, So this is from Calby. I don't know what that says, or that says. It's fruit and granola cereal, Macha green tea variety.
Speaker 1: I love Macha, Yeah, I love, love, love Macha.
Speaker 3: So you might like this. Yes, I don't like that it's in a bag. But apparently they do boxed cereal in Japan.
Speaker 1: Oh wait was it Chinese or was it Japanese?
Speaker 3: I didn't say. I didn't say anything. I just had Asian. Okay. I went to the Korean market and all they had was Japanese cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh fun.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't know what that says, but it is a limited edition. I can read that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Tokyo in February. I'll bring back cereals.
Speaker 3: Oh please?
Speaker 1: Do I love this bag concept though?
Speaker 3: I have to tell you, I don't know. But it doesn't pour all. It doesn't pour smell it smells like tea.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that it smells like macha.
Speaker 3: You and I are gonna have very different opinions of this one anyway. So on the side, Nature's goodness is in here, by the way, a Zuki red beans, Okay, strawberries, raisins, oats, rye, brown and white rice, wheat brand, corn, almonds, and coconut.
Speaker 1: Actually, on Amazon, the cereal comes up when you look for international cereals. Oh yeah, see how it tastes. I will say, I wish that the bag wasn't like I like the bag concept, but they just it should be like what the Maldi milk, Yeah, what they do and just do a half split.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I definitely need to scotti shake because there's so many things in here. It smells like a frickin tea bag.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know whether port on the side or front like this. Okay, this is gonna be horrendous.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can, but I'm doing it for the listener. If you want this, go down to your local h man. I'm pretty sure there's only one of them or Amazon. You gotta pour milk, dude, Oh yeah, sorry, I'm gonna give you the whole. I'm gonna give you the whole milk. Okay, there you go, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: The oat milk actually would probably be good in.
Speaker 1: This yeah, I know. Wait, why do I get the fat at milk and you get the one percent milk you could use to gain a few Oh okay, I wonder if it's going to turn the milk green? Ready?
Speaker 3: Maybe if you heat the milk up and you put warm milk in it, you'll.
Speaker 1: Get like some kind of a There is actually a Japanese cereal that's meant for that.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I gotta suy that all right, root and granola, a zuki, red bean, strawberry raising macha greens. Wait, we got to make sure I get a red bean ready?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Those are beans? Those beans a strawberries. I don't know, it's beans and cereal.
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: You thing? It tastes like I was laying in bed and my daughter and Cooper came over and ripped open a tea bag and poured it in my mouth.
Speaker 1: No, it tastes like rabbit food.
Speaker 3: You're right, Yes, that hearts mountain craft that you opened up little pellets, uh huh, and the hay all mixed together the grass. No, I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gonna go for another spoonful. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm with you. I'm gonna get some of the red things. It's funny. The second spoon wasn't as harsh, but I still don't really like it.
Speaker 1: It goes with the honey bunches of oats where it neutralizes rice buds.
Speaker 3: I give it a ball, Yeah, so I can do a.
Speaker 1: Bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 3: Sorry I don't Yeah, no, yeah, no, no, no, no no. Should I get the incinerator?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: It's bad. Yeah, but it's not Cereal school bad.
Speaker 3: But it might be number one in Japan.
Speaker 1: And you go there, let me know absolutely. I will eat the Cereals there. I am going to send you a picture from a Cereal market there. I'll FaceTime you. There's going to be a twelve hour difference.
Speaker 3: But I'll record it and we'll post it.
Speaker 1: I'm in the Cereal aisle.
Speaker 3: Enjoy this unbelievably delicious flavor. They're lying right there with your favorite recipe yogurt, milk or ice cream.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will say, in a like in the Wei yogurt by Yop or whatever it is, we it's We.
Speaker 3: Didn't I say that, Yeah, but you said whatever it is it's We. No, no, I was going to say the brand it is is WE, No, not Us, It's called WE. Oh ui is we?
Speaker 1: I know? But is it by yo Play?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yo Play makes it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what I've been trying to say for the past two minutes.
Speaker 3: General Mills subsidiary. Okay, cool, well, subsidiary subsiders. How do you say it? Subsidiary subsidiary. Yes, a subsidiary subsidiary of General Mills. There you go. Cool.
Speaker 1: This would taste good in the French yogurt. I would actually enjoy this or Greek yogurt.
Speaker 3: Celebrate the season with limited addition Macha green tea flavored fruit granola crafted with the decadent flavor of Macha green tea and topped with a zuki beans, strawberries, and raisins. Every bite offers it delightfully sweet crispy crunch. Pairrot with your favorite yogurt, or simply enjoy it. A handful of a time, I didn't get any raisins at all, paired I think.
Speaker 1: I did, paired with the yogurt. I would actually like to try this again, but otherwise it's gonna be a note for me.
Speaker 3: Dog. I'm going to pair it with the garbage can oh out Bazinga from sat that's a nineties reference to what show early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Isn't that from Zinga?
Speaker 3: Isn't that from the Theory? Yeah? Oh god is it two thousands? Early two thousands?
Speaker 1: I don't even know, but that show that would belong in the TV show in CINERI I was not a fan.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for listening to Serial Killers episode seventy one, the first of the year. Yeah, yep, today's Friday, so I have a great weekend. Yeah, you'll probably left those hangovers. Yeah, well you probably have to go back to work already, right, you probably had to work today. Yeah. People don't get the whole week off.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 1: They should make it like the week a national holiday.
Speaker 3: It's weird though, because it's like two weeks because of the way Christmas falls and or whatever. I mean, the Morning Show got two weeks off. We didn't look we're here. Yeah all right, all right, well we'll see you on Monday. Thank you for listening and until then, correct it. Yeah, I get nothing, okay, cool? Cool? Here have this candy cane.
Speaker 1: I'm good.