Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome, No, okay, I thought you're gonna clap all kind of stuff class the okay, Welcome, Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 3: I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Yes, and don't kill us.
Speaker 4: Guys, this is going to be a men need don't. Maybe we shouldn't say that because then people just gonna log off.
Speaker 3: Well, you never know what can happen in a mini.
Speaker 4: That's true, a foolishness and nonsense. Because it is it is Labor Day.
Speaker 3: It is Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Everybody's on a vac You should be enjoying your day absolutely on bak because the grind is like about like real now, yes, you know now that everyone.
Speaker 3: Is back to school, the traffic in the morning.
Speaker 4: Dumb, stupid, ridiculous, insane, No, absolutely ridiculous. I'm very excited about Labor Day because it's it lets everyone know that it is time to restart. I think September is like you're restarting because you know.
Speaker 3: That's when school starts.
Speaker 4: That's like, yes, it's the end of the calendar, towards the end of the calendar year, but you're like restarting life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it is a good it's a good like reset. Yes, especially after summer when you've just been all over the place, right, you know, the kids have been home and maybe you don't have the structure. It is good and it just kind of brings everything back together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I love it. I don't mind it. I don't love it.
Speaker 4: You don't love it, well, but then it lets you know like you need to be doing something important.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't love it because I know that like the dark the dark days are coming.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all time changes, yes, but you have a couple months because I think that's November.
Speaker 3: I think it is is a November or October.
Speaker 4: I think it's always November because I remember always like we got an extra hour to party right at Yeah, I gotta tell my.
Speaker 1: Right, But but that's so that's the part that I don't like. It's like, oh gosh, it's going to be dark and cold in the morning. It's gonna be dark at five o'clock, you know, at pm. So that's that's the part that I don't like, right.
Speaker 4: But I do feel like, Okay, if the kids are starting a new school year, I could just be starting something new. Let me go start a new business something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's true. Yeah, that's true. It definitely brings a focus back.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, speaking of it being dark earl here when I spent a few little time in Scotland.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, it's the weirdest on You're on your work retreat. Yes, my work conference. Yes, a workoud. I'm about to go on to work conference too. Way, I'm going to miss you. I know I'm gonna be calling you. I like you, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Somebody said on my work not to cut you off. Somebody said on my work conference that they were gonna take my phone. I just heard that yesterday. I said, Okay, when's the meeting for that. I want to I want to be the first one at that meeting, right, so I can tell you to kick They're going to take your phone for the day, oh and give it to us at night.
Speaker 3: Okay, Nope, I'm gonna have my phone the entire time. Well, you need to be locked into I'm going to be locked into the morning. The love of your life.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am if that's what the work conference is supposed to happen, I am.
Speaker 3: But anytime, let's say you went.
Speaker 4: On a date with somebody that you didn't know, you're gonna google him, right, Yeah. I think that they're trying to prevent that. People that run the work conference are trying to But if they give you your phone back at night, then you're going to google them at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But what we're not gonna do is have me not be able to talk to my children. Yeah. Yes, so it's not happening. But anyway, I'm sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in Scotland, it was the craziest thing. It would be eleven pm at night and still light outside.
Speaker 3: What yes? Why? It was like the weirdest thing. So you're just like, is that near Alaska? It's not. No, it's not near Alaska.
Speaker 4: No, that's not crazy, right, people are gonna be coming for me. Just that does not no geography. Yeah that sounded wild, right, But I think it's near like Iceland. Maybe, Oh yeah, that's right, because Iceland. That's they have that issue in Iceland. Yeah, think only like twice, I mean two weeks out of a year.
Speaker 3: It gets dark in Iceland. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was so crazy though. It was I'm like, I'm like looking out the window, what is going on?
Speaker 3: So in order to go to sleep, you just like close.
Speaker 1: Your Yeah, you gotta have you gotta have like dark you know whatever what they call room darkening curtains and stuff.
Speaker 3: Blackout Yeah yeah, yes, definitely need those.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was weird. So I wonder if they like keep restaurants open and.
Speaker 1: You would think so yeah, and then it just it just messes up your like.
Speaker 3: Your perception of time. Yeah, you know your Cycadian rhythm. Yeah, what it's called. I'm made up a word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although when you're working, when you're on a work conference, yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter. Your rhythm is just jacked. Yeah, your rhythm can.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. But it it was crazy. So but I was also like, wow, like what I want that here? Like as much as I hate how dark it gets at five o'clock, like, I would definitely take that trade off. Really, yes, I think I think you just get used to it. Like I asked the people, I'm like, okay, do y'all like do you end up going to bed really late? And they're like no, you just kind of adjust.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, that's interesting. Yeah, I couldn't even imagine. Yeah, it was neat so and then what in the morning, it's it's like regular in the morning, it's it's light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's light. So when is it dark?
Speaker 1: So when I guess it's only dark for like a short period of time, okay, Like it was probably.
Speaker 4: Dark as from like two pm, I mean two am to two thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It probably like eventually got dark, like I would say it got dark around.
Speaker 4: Midnight okay, yeah, midnight midnight Okay, wow, yeah that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I because it's labor Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was coming over to go swimming and your pool's not here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't delivered yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could up suspended lost it?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 4: Because we could get like the ones that set on top of the ground. Remember back in the day, did you ever have one? No, because your parents had a real pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had an in ground pool. Yes, I grew up with the in ground pool.
Speaker 4: But did you ever were you ever invited to a pool party and that ship was on top of the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've been in one, yes, and I was definitely confused at first I'm like.
Speaker 3: What is going on here? But a pool is a pool. I would not get into that.
Speaker 4: It's so wild because where Grace goes to school, they have they have pool days, right, and they'll just put out like slipping slides.
Speaker 3: Oh that is so fun. That's fun, you know what. It's funny.
Speaker 1: I actually remember in when I used to go with my mom and visit her people in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that slipping slides.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they had above they had mobile homes yea with an above ground pool and like a deck, Like they would build a deck.
Speaker 3: Around the above ground pool. So you didn't really know it was an above ground pool. How could you not?
Speaker 1: Because you don't if you you don't see it, do you know what I'm saying? Like, because you say you walk out of the back door of the house onto a deck, yes, and the pool you know right there?
Speaker 4: Oh, but why can't they just if you're gonna do all that, why wouldn't you just dig the dirt and put you have?
Speaker 3: It's a mobile home. Oh and you're leaving.
Speaker 1: Right, you're not? Like, I mean not that they I don't even know if they ever left. But you know, I don't know that Like in a mobile home park, you can build an in ground pool. Yes, because if they were to leave someone someone else has I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just like they don't own that probably don't own that land, right, yes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay did you jump in that one? Yeah? And that was fun? Did you like slide around because you're because they're not that deep, right, right, They're not that deep. They're like a foot probably four feet.
Speaker 1: When you are.
Speaker 3: A kid, you don't care. You don't give it. Damn, you don't care. You do not give it.
Speaker 1: But I just remember, it's like you don't you know when I think back on it, Wait a minute, that was a mobile home with a above ground deck, above ground pool with.
Speaker 4: A deck like it was just like, oh, you didn't know you was in a trailer park. No, and you love that, no idea.
Speaker 3: No, I had no clue.
Speaker 1: But there are night there are some very nice mobile homes like it. You know, it looked like a regular just one level house.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so you can tell the wheels until you look down and you see the wheels and you're like, oh shit, you can drive this house down the street right to the next park right called trailer park. This is terrible anyway, We're not going to be here long, guys. This is something called a mini episodes that you didn't have the opportunity to spend quality quality, cool quality quality time with your family, yes, and your friends and your friends. Yeah, and y'all always like, really get mad at us when we do.
Speaker 3: Minis Mariah, what's up? Mariah? Hi? Mariah?
Speaker 4: And in the alleys, the Ali family, all of y'all, y'all just be mad. We think that y'all are doing We're doing y'all a service, right, Yeah, we're allowing you all to spend time with your family exactly the end, So enjoy.
Speaker 3: Have a drink on us. What's the drink of choice these days? You know what? I don't. I cannot drink alcohol anymore. It's it's over. Yeah, you were telling me that. Yeah, it's ye.
Speaker 1: Like maybe I still might just do like a rose or something, right, but I'm really not.
Speaker 4: I was more like drunk two days ago, and I think I'm still I'm still a little I'm still a little shook up.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, who were you drinking? Tequila stuff? San Gria, San Gria, sat Gria And then tequila. Oh wow, okay, yeah, my body is still trying to recover. Oh wow, yeah, I understand, I get it.
Speaker 4: And then the next yesterday, I was out in the sun. Cannot do that. That san gria was pouring out of me. I was wedding like when.
Speaker 3: They say a center in church. I was sweating like a center in church. I said, oh, no, where's the in condition? Right? Yes, that was terrible. Anyway, We love y'all so much, Yes, all right, Happy Labor Day, guys, Happy Labor Day. Yes, bye bye, the beginning.
Speaker 4: Of the happy labor Day and it's virgal season. Get into oh yes, get it too with okay bye?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, your birthday's next next yes, okayyy by