Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Catty arm Strong and Katty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: According to Google trends leaving up to Halloween, candy corn was the most searched candy in thirty four states between September.
Speaker 1: Third and October third.
Speaker 2: I assume the top search on the subject was ran out of cat litter.
Speaker 1: Candy corn also worked.
Speaker 2: Who is strange line? Who is searching? Well, he's pointing out that candy corn sucks.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: That's like your opinion? Man, who's searching on candy corn? The delicious multi hued candy corn, Three delicious flavors in one candy in case you run out of crayon, stitue on. Wow, you're heard of tasting.
Speaker 2: You don't get to say anything about candy or food in general. All right, this, I'm blind man reviewing an art display.
Speaker 1: What the hell? What kind of monster are you?
Speaker 2: The Wall Street Journal I mentioned this the other day. America's newest hit candy is gummy, crunchy and printing money nerds. Gummy clothes clusters are everywhere this Halloween born from years of geeky research.
Speaker 1: And executives going with their gut.
Speaker 2: It's actually a pretty interesting story about how they came up with the idea of putting.
Speaker 1: This various flavors together.
Speaker 2: Katie, you said you like the Nerds gummy clusters, but they are They are the hottest candy in America by far.
Speaker 1: I describe the flavor for anybody who hasn't my had one, it's sour ish.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you've had Nerds, it's basically a sticky candy covered in nerds.
Speaker 1: I've been a nerd.
Speaker 3: I haven't had a nerd'jut, so I don't know much about candy. But you said the other day it was like multi flavors as you go. It is like a nicely structured wine that opens with brambleberry and gives way to peach.
Speaker 1: And I put one in my mouth.
Speaker 2: We bought them the other day because I'd read about it in the Wall Street Journal, and I put one in my mouth and I spit it out immediately. I found the taste so unbelievably appealing. I don't know if I've ever spent anything out before like that, but it's the hottest candy in America.
Speaker 1: The COVID has bent your brain, right, Sure, Michael, if you had one of these, no, No, okay, Well I'm the only child, and I think they're delicious. Well, Michael's got diabetes.
Speaker 2: COVID ruined my sensitive taste, and so yeah, it's a we're not good for candy.
Speaker 3: I'll be having some smoked salmon with a bit of camon bear.
Speaker 1: Whatever that word means. By fantastic.
Speaker 2: So we're going to talk about movies because I think my thirteen year old feels like he's too old to trig or treat now. And we're gonna stay home and watch a movie now and hand out candy if anybody comes by, although I don't know if anybody's going to come into my cult set.
Speaker 3: Hey, for what it's worth, when my kids made the transition from getting to giving, they loved it, They loved greeting the little kids at the door, and just feel enjoy it.
Speaker 1: He wants to do that.
Speaker 2: I just don't think we're gonna get any treaters where we live currently. Unfortunately. I'd love it if a bunch of kids came by. That'd be fantastic. So we might watch a scary movie and trying to figure out what to watch. We came across this. This is I've never seen The Exorcist. I don't think came out in seventy three. I'd have been way too young to watch a movie like that, And then I've never gotten around to it. But here's here's people reacting to The Exorcist back in the day when it first came out.
Speaker 1: I think it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: What's is The thing I've ever seen is weird turn her head around. We have a lot of people throwing up and a lot of people shuddering.
Speaker 1: But the thing that really surprises me is people faint.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have never in my life known a movie where people would faint.
Speaker 5: I never took my coat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a famous scene the Exorcist, which I have seen clips of as our headspins completely around, was that woman laughing or crying?
Speaker 3: Was she crying because weeping? Yeah, she couldn't compose herself. Was this before special effects were a thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: No, no actors were harmed in the making of this head spin? I mean I think it was fine.
Speaker 3: Well, there were all sorts of the head spin and then throwing up green glop as I recall all sorts of jump Scares and horrors where a little girl turns into an evil demon.
Speaker 2: Hey, I so there was a I saw an ad the other night. I should have written it down for a new movie. I imagine it's out right now. I suppose you put out scary movies for Halloween. It's some new movie and the the taglines were all about how it's Oh, I know what I saw.
Speaker 1: Let me site I can find the notes on it. How many huh? I think it was Terrifier three.
Speaker 2: Probably is, Yeah, what do you know about terrifier three?
Speaker 4: It's it's obviously it's a third of the these movies about this just horrifically creepy clown and they're very gory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people are the very title of the movie has to tell them what happens in the movie. So yeah, I read like laughing haha one through seven or I guess comedies. This is what got me on the topic of I don't understand people who like these movies. And I have plenty of friends who love gory, scary movies. I don't get it at all. I have zero interest. I'm not afraid of them. I just don't find them in the least been entertaining personally me either.
Speaker 3: Oddly, my son is not only a connoisseur of these movies, but has written brilliantly. He does blogs and stuff on horror movies. He's got the Jason tattoo on him. Yeah, it's its own.
Speaker 2: It's like you either like country music or not, or whatever, or candy Corner not it's it's it's a thing and some people love it and I have no interest in it. But Terra Fire three used twenty gallons of blood for this vomit inducing kill scene. All right, yay, see, I love you love horror movies.
Speaker 1: You're in that character? Yeah, what's your what's your like? Quick? Off the top of your head? Your favorite? Top three?
Speaker 4: The show, top three, the Shining, conjuring and the bludgeting, Shining, the contrig and the Bloodgerd. I would say boys, probably Ring the Ring.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know that twenty.
Speaker 3: Gallons of blood reminds me of my favorite joke. Tried to donate blood at the Red Cross the other day and they said, where'd you get all that blood?
Speaker 1: And why is it in a bucket? Exactly? I guess I'm supposed to say.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let me Anyway, anyway, there's a lot of blood back to you.
Speaker 1: You you have a you have a favorite scary movie.
Speaker 2: I do have a favorite because I I've watched them with like girlfriends or friends over the years, and that sort of thing I really liked. I really actually enjoyed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie back in the day.
Speaker 1: It was so.
Speaker 2: Something about how poorly filmed it was made it seem real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of the Blair Witch project. He captured that feel years later that that's one of my favorites, although it turns stupid toward the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't like horror movies really, and my wife doesn't, so I'm really stretching to find a good example.
Speaker 1: Michael, have you ever seen the movie break Down with Kurt Russell.
Speaker 3: Yes, that one actually really frightened me because you know, you're stuck out in the middle of the desert and you break down.
Speaker 1: Ye movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I actually do like that one, and it's horrifying. Well, what's the appeal, Katie? Can you explain it to us? For those of us who aren't into the scary movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the appeal is. It's just I I like getting creeped out.
Speaker 2: Because Joe's about to explain it to us from a psychological perspective, but you personally do kind of do you do?
Speaker 1: You do they scare you?
Speaker 4: No, there's something about that feeling of like eerily haunting, Like I love going to haunted places and old places that have you know, eerie pasts or whatever.
Speaker 1: I there's something about that adrenaline.
Speaker 2: Maybe, so like if I put a sheisty over my face that's what the kids call them. Now, if I put a schisty over my face and you're walking from your car at night and I jump out from behind it with a knife, do you see all that was cool?
Speaker 1: That was fun? Or oh you're getting shot? Now? What is a shisty?
Speaker 3: They laughing hard in Germany, by the way, that expression, what does that?
Speaker 1: What does it mean? In German? The s word poopy?
Speaker 2: Oh really, it's interesting, and shisty is basically a mask over your face.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, skiing or whatnot.
Speaker 3: So this dude, Charles Trapanni wrote a piece I go through hunted houses and watch horror movies to relax.
Speaker 1: Is there something along with me to relax? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he goes into a fair amount of detail, loves slasher movies. They make him feel meditative and they help him relax. Haunted houses also feel like home. Halloween's my favorite time of year, and he's really into it. Goes to Universal Studios Hollywood La Haunted hay Ride and Creep ex Ghosts La Experience, both of which left me feeling.
Speaker 1: Relaxed and refreshed.
Speaker 3: Humm All this led me to wonder, what is it about horror I find so appealing? And is something wrong with me? And then he goes into their our various psychological explanations, some of which he rejects because he spoke with multiple therapists and two immediately asked me the same question.
Speaker 1: He writes, did I have a traumatic childhood? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he said, thankfully no. I tell him my upbringing was all in all pretty great.
Speaker 2: And they say some people who have experienced trauma find horror comforting because they can go through it until they've mastered it.
Speaker 1: But that view is controversial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't believe much in people's ability to figure these things out either.
Speaker 3: So dude says he's quite anxious. Is that why I like haunt? Haunted houses? And psychotherapist Stephanie Sarks says maybe. After all, people cope with anxiety in a variety of ways. For some, horror is a useful way of releasing stress. It allows them to safely face their fears and even have fun with them. It lets us imaginarily enter into terrifying situations and ultimately feel as if we survive them. You get a shot of adrenaline and you feel like, Okay, you know what, I really am safe.
Speaker 1: Everything's fine.
Speaker 4: No, that's fascinating because I have horrific anxiety and there have been times where I'm like, I'm just gonna sit down the couch, I'm gonna tront a horror movie and I'm gonna chill out. Wow, And so I'm wondering if there's something to that.
Speaker 1: It's like, is it you can be honest now? Is it working with Jack every single day? I would up trying it.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's like people with ADHD drink those energy drinks that calm them as opposed to ramp them up.
Speaker 1: I know people like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder wonder I would like to know for the horror movie crowd, is it more women than men?
Speaker 1: Does it tend to be people without kids?
Speaker 2: Or a certain age, because, as I've mentioned, since I had kids, I have no interest in practically any movie or TV show that has any drama, really, because I have so much drama in my life and things to worry about. The last freaking thing I want to do in the world is worry about, you know, to take on somebody else's difficult dynamics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, horror, stress, sadness, no, thanks, yeah, accidents, whatever, I just yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I just wonder if it tends to be younger, childless. I don't know. I don't know. I don't want to come off as jd vance or something. Yeah, childless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the matter with you, you monster, No wonder Kidie's anxious. Half of the people who like these movies are trash in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh no, supporters, it's a garbage watching these movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of mummies and zombies and other stories things. Hey, quick word from our friends at Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app. Over five million active members having fun like I you have. Unlike other apps, it's just you against the numbers. You pick at least two players, stat projections and say more or less.
Speaker 1: It's as easy as that. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And right now you can get one hundred times what you normally can and on just four correct picks and you can get your money fast, safe, easy, within fifteen minutes, which is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: And Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks does not hit. Download the Prize Picks app today, use that code Armstrong and you will get fifty dollars instantly when you play just five. That's the code Armstrong at Prize Picks to get fifty bucks instantly when you play five.
Speaker 1: You don't need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 3: It's guaranteed no matter what Prize Picks run your game. Remember that code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: We're about at the time.
Speaker 2: But a number of people mentioned The Ring, which I've never even heard of, Katie, So a lot of other people like that, Rosemary's Baby, Uh, that's old timey, The Shining Get the Living Dead, the Exorcist. A number of people said though Young Frankenstein, while not actually scary, it would be kind of a funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Halloween movie to watch.
Speaker 4: Maybe on the Shining is a classic The Ring I saw in eighth grade, and if I watch that today.
Speaker 1: It'll still creep me out. Really, Yeah, it's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw some movie I don't think anybody's ever heard of called Burnt Offerings. My brother and I did when my parents were gone one time when we were teenagers, like our first time home alone without a babysitter, and we watched it and we were both so creeped out we couldn't go to bed that way. So being young helps. We got more on the way. You can keep texting if you want to brand its side.
Speaker 6: Lizzo Nobody at first incredible patrocious defense from the Yankees, leading directly to a Dodger run in the Fed.
Speaker 7: Another party in the streets of East Los Angeles where thousands flooded into local neighborhood streets to celebrate the Dodgers World Series win Air seven, capturing many instances of street takeovers, cars spinning out in these crowded intersections.
Speaker 1: This is dangerous. We saw it happening over and over again.
Speaker 7: Lots of fireworks being shot off as well street takeovers.
Speaker 1: Sure society should just put up with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, your favorite baseball team just won, although that's barely related. I mean sometimes in a college town people go nuts when their team wins.
Speaker 1: It's mostly about the team.
Speaker 2: I think in LA when the Dodgers or Lakers do something, eh, we know, we get to riot tonight.
Speaker 3: I don't live in the right hood, but I'm certain there is terminology that they use for there is a large crowd on the streets for something. This gives us cover to do crimes, right because it's a well known phenomenon.
Speaker 1: God dang it, I find that so maddening.
Speaker 2: Back to the baseball thing though, So Dodgers are down five to nothing, then tie it five to five, all on unearned runs in the worst inning in the history of professional baseball, maybe certainly in.
Speaker 1: A consequential game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of the most miserable little leaguish defense I've ever seen in a baseball game. And it was in the World Series, in an elimination game.
Speaker 2: So that pitcher that didn't run over to where he was supposed to be to cover first.
Speaker 1: That was Garrett Cole, who's a fantastic pitcher. Oh yeah, and they left him in and he did well. Afterwards.
Speaker 2: So good on him for having the mental toughness. But hell, that'll haunt him the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: Won't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of the most impactful mental airs I've ever seen in baseball. Bill Buckner, who got a pretty rough hop and had the ball go between his legs, was like a joke, a goat for kids after that, Garrett Cole failing to cover first terrible.
Speaker 1: You work on that in spring training, Garrett, What are you doing? Man?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you deserve to lose. That'd be an example of deserving to lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no kidding anyway, So that's over. So I don't have to watch baseball all the time anymore. I love it, but it becomes kind of a compulsion, like foma, I fear of missing out.
Speaker 1: I can't not watch it as.
Speaker 2: It it is time consuming because I watched a lot of the game the last couple of nights and it took out.
Speaker 1: It ate up some hours that I just really don't have.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I under now I can get back to my book and talking to my wife and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Ye parenting my kids using my finger quotes.
Speaker 3: So we were talking about horror movies last segment and This is horror ibyl the North Korean troops being sent to be a machine gun fodder in Ukraine. The word is a lot of them have no idea what they're being assigned to do.
Speaker 1: They're just sent there.
Speaker 3: And as we mentioned the other day, their families are now being round off around it up and sent to remote locations so that the families can't tell the other people in their starving villages. Hey, my kid just got sent to die in Ukraine. So goes totalitarian governments. But not only is Russia now hitting up North Korea for machine gun fodder, they are using young men from impoverished countries like India, Cuba, Zambia all over the world. They answer Facebook ads offering construction or other civilian jobs, sometimes in Russia, sometimes in Ukraine, sometimes in like unrelated countries in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: It says you'll work construction at the UAE.
Speaker 3: Then these guys get shipped to Russian and Russian puts them in front of the machine guns in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Wow, third worlders, who you know, they don't have the political power to make us think about it, right, And if you followed the stories, they make it clear to you by torturing and killing some people in front of you that you run forward, or we're gonna torture and kill you.
Speaker 1: I mean, so those are your options.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, grucive some torture and the abuse, sexual and otherwise the hazing of the new troops.
Speaker 1: It's unspeakable. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those of you who think put in somehow protecting the West. Good lord.
Speaker 1: Wow, if you miss an hour of the show, get the podcast. I'm strong and getty on the man, We're strong and gety.
Speaker 5: Do only garbage I see floating down there's his supporters.
Speaker 8: Just to clarify, he was not calling Trump supporters garbage, which is why he put out a statement that clarified what he meant and what he was trying to say.
Speaker 4: So I don't understand why you clutching your pearls because you're trying to make something out of a tomslimp.
Speaker 7: As someone who had a start growing up, it's very obvious to me if there's an apostrophe at the end of supporters there, he was referring to the garbage viewed by supporters, not simply the supporters themselves.
Speaker 5: I don't understand why he's walking that back, because I mean, based off the examples he gave you. If you are a person who supports those examples that he gave you are garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, at least that's the more honest of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is why I believe Biden's gaff, whatever the explanation you want to offer for it, is maybe the most consequential gaff in the history of presidential campaigns. Trump and company have seized on it brilliantly with the Trump dump truck ride and the address in the crowd on stage, with the reflective vest of a sanitation worker, and I mean, they're making beautiful hey with it. And Jack, well, I'll let you make the point again that you made earlier.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it.
Speaker 2: Was about why it's landed so so resoundingly, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: For goodness sakes, somebody's got to write down Jack's pearls wisdoms like he's chairman MAO, so he can remember them. No, you made the point that that's what Kamala and her people actually think about Trump supporters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that probably is true. How would it not be, I mean.
Speaker 3: Everybody's so true the Beltway establishment has nothing but contempt for Trump support of course, Yeah, of course they do, and so that that is probably why it sticks, is because you know, we know that's how you actually feel.
Speaker 1: It's not like.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there's you you can slip up anything. Do you think that. No, no, no, I don't think. Oh good, I didn't think you probably did. Well, this is not one of those. This is a I assumed you thought that. Now you've confirmed it. At the risk of muddying the metaphor.
Speaker 3: I'm reminded of some scenes in various movies, and it's it's kind of a common trope, but where you have the person who is trying to fit into high society for one reason or another, and they think they're doing okay, and then somebody makes a snide, condescending comment and the person realizes, oh no, I'm not fitting in at all. In fact, they're all making fun of me. And it has that same feel. Even if Biden's senile and he meant an apostrophe or whatever, it just rang true anyway. In other news, What a great pleasure of this pleasures of this job, which if we ever give it up, I will miss bitterly, is the ability to tell the truth in spite of social pressures, you know, and political correctness, that sort of thing. And those of you in blue states, blue professions, you know, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I'd never used that. That's what just before? What do you call a blue profession.
Speaker 3: That's like, if you're in education, if you're in entertainment, you were in media, you're in a blue profession where you dare not speak your mind, which is a hell of a thing.
Speaker 1: And I would say, that's yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Even if you're not, you're in a profession where it would be uncomfortable to be a person of the right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, that's one of the great things about our job is we can tell the truth and I don't give a single fly and you know what who it offends, which is why we prepare pretty carefully for the show. So I don't want to be wrong and defensive. But if I'm right and offensive, too bad. Anyway, here's the headline for you have forty one illegal aliens arrested for looting after Hurricanes Helene and Milton Pinellas County, Florida. The sheriff, Bob goldt Airy says from October second through October twenty third, roughly three weeks, the Panelas County Sheriff's office arrested a total of forty five individuals on sixty eight charges, including armed robbery, burglary, loitering and prowling, ground theft, grand theft, vandalism, trespass them all trespassing, all having to do with the hurricane.
Speaker 2: I'm going to handle this the way they would handle it on face the nation or meet the press, or debate or something. I'm going to jump in while you're saying that and say, fact check, illegals commit crimes at a lower rate than other citizens, and we need to move on so on the question of the economy, because that's why they do the fact check.
Speaker 1: They land the fact check, and then they move on to a different topic so you can't respond to it.
Speaker 3: Of those forty five arrested during that three week post hurricane period, forty one are illegal aliens. Forty one out of forty five from Mexico. K you about Columbia, Honduras, Venezuela and other countries, again according to the sworn sheriff of Penelus County, And if you.
Speaker 2: Have pointed out many times, even if people here illegally do commit crimes at a lower rate, and I don't know how you would possibly know that.
Speaker 1: But even if it were true, what difference does it make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a less one less crime, or in this case, forty two less crimes that would have been.
Speaker 1: Committed if you had a secure border.
Speaker 3: Well, it's forty one fewer criminalles who were committed multiple crimes. In addition to the arrests Gualtier, he said, the deputies encountered almost two hundred other individuals who were in Penelas County immediately after the hurricane, who did not have any explanation for why they were there. But they were not arrested because the deputies did not have probable cause, but they suspected strongly that they were there to graze.
Speaker 1: If you will.
Speaker 3: Speaking of political incorrectness, this is well, there's a little there's a there's a jug in the road, there's a switcher. Uh, there's a plot whist towards the end. But first, this happened on CNN the other day. Here are your players. You have Ryan James Gerdosky, who is a Trump surrogate and writer commentator, and he is talking to Mede Hassan, who is a Muslim commentator and frequent panelist on CNN psycho.
Speaker 1: I get it. Nobody wants to be called Nazis. It's very inflammatory. But if you don't want to be called Nazis, stop table and people are by me. I never called you. I mean, I'm not saying her saying I'm one of the Pudestinians. I'm used to it. Yeah, well, I hope your beeaper doesn't go off. The thing is is that you should know you just said I should be kill No, I did.
Speaker 3: Not say let me, let me just.
Speaker 1: Guys. Let's are you apologize?
Speaker 8: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Right? That is completely apology. The first block say the Muslim guys should be blown up. I apologize on TV.
Speaker 5: Don't say don't say then I apologize you literally.
Speaker 1: You didn't think said so you're a great guest to be here n ones today and so this is this is America. Say, okay, I didn't follow all that. There was. There was a lot there, Yes there was. It was better in headphones.
Speaker 3: But those of you listening, they are arguing back and forth and making excuses and are you trying to kill? Are you calling for me to be killed? Live on TV? Did you just say I should be killed? Lockbown CNN? That's disgusting. All sorts of you.
Speaker 1: Doesn't go off. Oh my god, yeah, that's that.
Speaker 3: That is a hell of a thing to say. So when the commercial when they then the show returned from a commercial break, mister Gerdusky was no longer on the set, and miss Phillips, whoever a hell at particular talking twit on CNN, said there, I said twit. There is Oh please, CNN's got practically nothing but twits on the air. Anyway, they came back from the break.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Dressed as a misogynist for Halloween, I said twit, said Miss Phillips, the aforementioned twit. There is a line that was crossed there and it's not acceptable to me.
Speaker 1: Statement you blow up. No, that's not what he said. You're paraphrasing.
Speaker 3: CNN issued, there's a plot twist, remember there, laughing boy. CNN issued to statement shortly afterwards, quote, there is zero room for racism or bigotry at CNN or on our air. We will not allow guests to be to mean or for the line of civility to be cross Ryan Gronowski will not be welcome back at our network. Well, as it happens, mister Hassan has a rather rich history of preaching at the local mosque. His his speeches are rife with non Muslims are animals, homo. He says stuff about gay people that if a conservative said it, they would be out of their job, if their job was a trash collector in Donald Trump's truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm amazed that he works on a you know, a major cable network.
Speaker 1: The things that he says and tweets, it's just wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ought to go more into his history because I've just got a couple of examples. But the one thing, and this is what makes me so angry, your preaching doesn't off well, that was out of line. It was certainly provocative. Yeah, I mean, I'm not defending that in the least. It's just the one sided outrage on CNN is so precious. And the fact that no he wants to talk about that, by the left's very definitions, not mine by the left, by CNN's very definitions. Mister Hassan and of broad broad stripe of Islam is extremely bigoted toward various groups that are protected fiercely on CNN.
Speaker 1: But if it comes from the mouth of a Muslim, it's okay.
Speaker 3: It's perfectly Okay, you're pathetic, you have no principles.
Speaker 1: See, wow, she got.
Speaker 2: That guy and all the things that he does and says and tweets follow look at his Twitter sometime.
Speaker 1: But and then guy threatened him with getting blown up. Well I didn't threaten him exactly. It made an ill considered a joke there. Wow, that's some uh, that's some discussion there on CNN. And it was impossible to follow also, which is what always happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there he is on his Twitter saying there's fascist and genocide on the ballot.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I think if you're being fair, you got to admit that Trump's garbage truck maneuver was pretty well wrought, well timed, well executed completely all the way around, from the driving the dump truck to the little speech he gave last night at the rally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we've often used the expression hand you're opponent a club to beat you with. Well, they handed him a club and he turned it into I don't know, an atomic bomb or something.
Speaker 1: They are making Hay with this like crazy. Yeah, if you haven't heard any daw, we got some of that on the way, among other things. Stay here.
Speaker 9: So this guy David Muir, you know, pretty boy, he goes touched off. I don't think he's that good looking anymore. Time does that, time does that?
Speaker 1: What the hell.
Speaker 2: Trumps rally? But I like the self deprecating humor, you know, I think it works. I don't hear that very much from other politicians where they mock their weight, their hair, their.
Speaker 3: Age, other than I'm a knucklehead some times, right, and I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so we know the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Right, There was the stupid joke about Puerto Rico that shouldn't have been much of a story anyway.
Speaker 1: Then Biden responded it to it.
Speaker 5: Like garbage I see flowing down there as his supporters.
Speaker 2: And that shouldn't be a story. But if you're gonna make the other one a story, you're gonna make this one a story. And I mean, it shouldn't certainly be multi day stories the last week of an election. But you played that game on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday over the Puerto Rico joke. So everybody else gets to play this game with the president's comments, and you're not wrong. But move to a universe where this stuff doesn't matter politically, right.
Speaker 1: It seems too right.
Speaker 2: So Trump got in a garbage truck yesterday.
Speaker 1: And it sounded like this, how do you like my garbage truck?
Speaker 9: This truck is in honor of Kamala and Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: And then he talked a lot about it at his rally, wearing the orange vest, and we played a whole bunch of it earlier. And he talks about getting in the truck and we drove like two feet and I got out, which I thought was hilarious to you know, admit to the photo op aspect of it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was funny. But anyway, explains the orange vest.
Speaker 9: And then I gave a little news conference from the front of the you know, they asked their wise guy questions and everything, and then we drove about two feet.
Speaker 1: I got into the planet and then I got in the.
Speaker 9: Car and I'm driving over here and I have this still on. And I come into the arena and I said, where's my jacket? I want to get out of this stage. And they said it would be unbelievable if you could wear it on stage.
Speaker 1: I said, and I said, no way.
Speaker 9: I got twenty five thousand people say outside.
Speaker 1: I got all these people here. There's no way I'm wearing it on stage.
Speaker 9: They said, oh okay, sir, I.
Speaker 1: Said, get me my jacket.
Speaker 9: But if you did, you know it actually makes you look thinner, I said, and they got me. I said, I want to wear it on stage.
Speaker 1: When they said I looked thinner, I said, in that case, I'll wear it on set.
Speaker 9: I may never wear a blue jacket again. I may go, I may go in this.
Speaker 1: I said that. That was my That was the word. That was the key. So you look thinner? So how does that play?
Speaker 2: Wearing the working class vest in front of a crowd full of overweight people like we all are.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, and calling out the idiocy of politics for its idiocy, right in front of a crowd, having participated in it, winking at them, making them his confidant.
Speaker 1: Exactly, we drove like two feet I got out. Everybody laughs like right, So he.
Speaker 3: Does the beautiful political stunt that admits it's a stunt and laughs with his supporters about it.
Speaker 2: How that's look, Trump's got a thousand flaws, but that's brilliant. Yeah, he has got a talent for that. There's no doubt, sir. It makes you look thinner, like the way in his world everybody calls him sir and everybody they came to me and they said, sir.
Speaker 1: Oh, that reminds me.
Speaker 2: Speaking of behind the scenes and letting people in on things. I'm pretty sure I retweeted this. Let me verify that.
Speaker 3: If you follow us on the Twitter sometimes known as x I won't call it x.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a videotape behind the scenes of Trump watching and reacting to Kamala's DNC speech and dictating what.
Speaker 1: To tweet to his assistant and that sort of thing. It's it's really quite interesting.
Speaker 3: It's barely a minute long, but I just found it revealing and interesting to see trump worlds behind the scenes in action. Again, if you follow us on Twitter, Armstrong and Getty, you can get it.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll send it to the guys.
Speaker 3: We can post the video the link at armstrong and geddy dot com.
Speaker 2: See when none so biased they can't say it out loud. Pundit strategists say Trump is one of the most talented politicians ever.
Speaker 1: That's what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: What he just did, He clearly is he's one of the best politicians.
Speaker 1: He's ever lived.
Speaker 2: He's also a crazy person, and then he does things that are malpracticed, like not letting Nicky Haley campaign for him.
Speaker 1: Just out of spite. It's just dumb.
Speaker 3: But as I said earlier, if he loses, and he might, his not utilizing Nicky Haley to woo suburban women will be Hillary's didn't go to Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: By the way, I watched.
Speaker 2: I listened to a podcast yesterday with Steve Kernaky of he's the NBC poll guy who's super you know, nerdy number guy, and I think very fair, even though he's on an incredibly unfair channel. But he said things to watch out for, and I hadn't thought of this before. The higher the turnout, the more it benefits Trump. A low turnout is good for Harris because so many of the Trump voters are people that don't regularly vote, and they came out of the woodwork in twenty sixteen, came out of the woodwork in twenty twenty, just not as many as the people that came out for Biden. But high turnout. So if you're seeing high turnout early in the evening, that's good news for Trump.
Speaker 1: Low turnout's good news for Harris.
Speaker 2: Also, the polling shows the gender gap favors the GOP, perhaps for the first time in history, in model since they've had polling.
Speaker 1: Well, it's always been.
Speaker 2: I'ven't hearing about the gender gap since I was a kid, and it was always because more women turnout for Democrats or whoever than men do. So it's could you even that up? For the first time ever, It's going to be more men than women determining an election based on the most recent polling, and that's never happened before. I'm sure it happened back in the day, like certainly pre nineteen twenty when women weren't allowed to vote, but in the modern era, the women are more dependable voters than men.
Speaker 3: I almost saw it's a good old days jokes. Thank god I restrained myself.
Speaker 6: I'm black.
Speaker 1: You did we do four hours?
Speaker 2: If you miss any of them, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: You should subscribe Armstrong and Getty