Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Podcast time Players Lounge. You know crew is here for you. Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, Barry Church, I am new He Scruggs is brought to you by Toastitos.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yah. All right, Church, you're gonna golfing. Let's gonna get cold.
Speaker 5: I did it a little something something earlier.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll rain tomorrow.
Speaker 2: In the house with the screen come down, No way, no way, it's getting live. Do you ever put in your back You got playing to hit the real drive out there four honey yards from the backyard.
Speaker 5: Tell you what friends into the water lake.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with your game.
Speaker 2: Now you know New York Giants all that shot the old man Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Before you appreciate that. I'm happy for you, man, All good for you, All.
Speaker 5: Good for you. Uh.
Speaker 3: Martavis Bryant is now a Dallas cowboy on the practice squad.
Speaker 4: I had to come to you first.
Speaker 2: I listen about I'm giving up hope, about to give up hope everything I see IM about to give up hope. Now, I don't know, man, Listen, It's one of one of those pick ups to where like, what do you lose? What do you They've done it before. If it works out, great, If it doesn't, then it doesn't. You know, my focus is figuring out how to get the rest of your weapons that you have on the team involved. But if he is as good as they think he is, and what they saw on the tape is what they hope it can be, then a year from now, two years from now, that you may be looking at you know, looking at a steal. So I ain't mad. That ain't got nothing to do with my brain. And Cooks issue nothing to do with it, did I think? If you guys play against what are we doing against this man in twenty sixteen? Right?
Speaker 6: Playing vinc have been twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen and seventeen.
Speaker 2: I mean, so tell us about him.
Speaker 5: You know what this was five five six years ago.
Speaker 6: You know he could take the top off, you know, that's what the one thing we talked about when I was with the Jacksonville Jaguwise, we were like, all right, this guy. You know, first you got to talk about Antonio Brown. Make sure you lock him up. But on the other side of this guy can take the top off. He got speed and he had a problem with the drops back then. I don't know if he rectified that now or whatever the case may be, but he got speed. But like I said, I was five years ago. I'm not so sure he still has the burners like that. I mean, I guess he did something good for the Cowboys to make sure they signed them to the practice squat, So maybe he still can't open things up.
Speaker 5: But that was five years ago. That's a long time.
Speaker 6: Removed from playing in the National Football League, and we understand that you can't just hop, you know, hop up and be like, hey, I'm ready to roll, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know, man, I just we'll see. I guess he could be a RedZone target.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're talking about practice. They're talking about practice practice. That's what they were talking about.
Speaker 4: How the game they roster spot but done.
Speaker 2: It seemed like that's where it's that's where it's moving to. And the problem that I have with it is October thirty, first, three pm. We had an opportunity to make a call, do something, bring in somebody, and we didn't do it. The mantra was we like our guys, we're gonna stay pat but all of us, all of these shows. What we talked about, what do we need? It was either defensive tackle, all wide receive. A lot of people didn't want to face the music. No about where I received you, But but the question had been about the production from the wide receiver group and what we weren't getting. And you thought that, man, maybe if you brought in someone that could be instrumental in taking the top off or at least be a threat in the red zone. Brandon Cooks, I've never perceived him as a red zone threat, just hadn't seen it. And maybe that's where the trust or lack thereof for Dak is not making not checking for him in these red zone situations. I know he got a red zone touch down boom. I know he got one of those. So that's that's the transition from Brandon Cooks then and Brandon Cooks now he's having the feel of a void that I don't think that. He probably came in thinking that he was going to be a red zone threat anyway. But the signing to whatever Mark Tavi is Brian Briant has in it, We're gonna figure out what it is. This is a receiver friendly offense with Dak moving around and it so maybe he could be another call in the wheel to make this offense work. Right now, more targets, another two target guy, don't sign I don't think that. As you're talking, this is what this reminds me. Reminds me of like the big name, the guy who used to be really good. I'll tell you this. He wasn't as good as as Flash Gordon. Na. He was close, he wasn't as good as him. And we remember what he looked like when he finally got reinstated. Okay, but but before that, everybody was like picking him up on their fantasy team. And so remember what Giants Gordon looked like before. I'm telling he's gonna be all right. And then he got out there and he was like and with Brady he had a few games. He had a few games, yes, and then what.
Speaker 3: Then I drafted in the next year because he had a good He had a good camp, had a good camp.
Speaker 2: So did the guys here. So did the guys here. They had a good camp.
Speaker 3: But see, I didn't know about the all all new England pictures. I didn't know about all Fox bro about all that got food.
Speaker 2: That's what it reminds me of, though, Like Okay, like you said, man, I remember when we played he take the Top Off and all that stuff, you know, Like I know, okay, father time, it gonna take something from They're gonna take something. Okay, the dudes who used to be able to take the top off, you know, Like that's why they have to figure out Dad's Brian. When you can't do those things again and you have to find out how to really run routes and then use your technique and use your savviness to figure out other ways to get open, that's when you find out who the true big time receivers are, especially as they get oldener age. So I guess this would be one of those tests for Martavius Brian. But you said drops, I'm like, we have a guy with what dropped back in the day, got him about it before the season was over here, So yeah, I like what you said. I mean, I agree with you, especially as as wide receivers get older. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: So thumbs down on Brian her thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I'm neutral because I don't I don't think it affects anything that we have currently going on. Like if I'm gonna thumbs up, doesn't hurt anything. Yeah, it doesn't hurt Noney thumbs up. I mean about practice until you're elevated.
Speaker 4: And we'll see.
Speaker 3: And I do wonder with the media coming to Mike McCarthy this week asking questions about Brandon Cooks, does something happen because the questions were asked about Michael Gallup earlier in the year, and then the next game we saw an uptick from Michael Gallup. Oh, by the way, the Giants are coming to town. This would be an excellent opportunity for you to feed Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 4: So I'm interested to see.
Speaker 3: Another person that got asked about this week is press conferences, ric o'daddle getting more touches.
Speaker 4: Possibly Mike McCarthy shot that.
Speaker 3: Down too, but jeez, you won't feeling that one man. He's not cared about your fantasy team. So you know, k Tony Paul's the first round fantasy pick for certain people. But when did we see Tony at his.
Speaker 5: Best change the pace when he was.
Speaker 3: Used like this guy, go back to McCaffrey. McCaffrey in Carolina is not as good as McCaffrey in San Francisco because they're using it in different ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, we open up the season talking about this. We're talking about what was this gonna look like. Zeke was the guy that the main bell cow guy doing all the work, and then Tony was coming behind that. Now he is the pace. There's no change to the pace on me, and it's not working in this offense. And point out the offensive line struggles. All of those things are hand in glove with the struggles that we're having. Dak is taking on more pressure. Maybe that's why he can't find Brandon cook Cooks. It's gonna start up front for me before I just completely get down on Tony Pollock.
Speaker 6: But I feel like I feel like he got more more chances, more touches as a change of pace back than he does now as a starter as the RB one. I mean, we're talking about this. This guy got twelve touches last game, or twelve.
Speaker 2: Carries, but his twelve carriages when he had Zeke here was like, oh, because it's changing pace. He's like, Oh, I wonder what to look like if he gets more, and we all sitting here on the podcast, I was I'm to tell you don't you don't want to say that, you're not really sure about that, but I want to see because every time somebody said, I gotta say, that's not why he can't find Brandon Cooks because no person. Because he find everybody else, Brandon Cooks at the bottom of the list. If it was just CD, it's just he at the bottom. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Let me apologize.
Speaker 4: The boom We're.
Speaker 2: Okay might be in the pro bow, my guy, it's just it's tough sledging on this. Heing that CD CD LAMB has emerged. He is He is one one A one BC all the way through. That's the only person we looking at is a D. They found a way to get Michael Gallup. Ten targets, bro, I don't want to hear nothing about it. You can't find Brandon because because of no person, you found a way to get this man in ten targets that that's not that's not it's not a reasonable excuse. I don't understand. I'm not going to understand that, but sorry, go ahead all week. I'm talking about Brandon cook So just just get ready for he don't think the offensive line struggles has anything to do with even getting having balance to your offense balance. Yeah, but I'm just saying finding your one B supposed to be one B. I don't think. I don't think because you're forced feeding CD right now, you can't can't go back to the tape and say they're not forcing the ball.
Speaker 4: That's fine, I don't have no problem.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine. But the rest of them should go to Brandon Cooks. You got dudes out here dropping past and getting locked up on hitch roles. It's time for the other dude to get a shot. I means talk about.
Speaker 6: This coaching staff doesn't see you know, Cooks, thank you like we see him. That's the only thing I'm thinking, because we always says it's what he doesn't say or says the need and the man just went out through that. You know, my fantasy team r I ain't playing fantasy football, so obviously he's not. You know, he's just like if he gets the ball, he gets the ball, and which is to me, it's kind of wild because you got a guy who I think we all consider up here and says he's consistent and he still has some juice left, but he's just not getting those looks prob.
Speaker 2: Then the problem, the other problem is is that you see teams not scheming to take him away. If they're not scheming to take him away, and he is and he's a viable option for you and you're not going to him, but you still have I think, are you not at least a little pleased in what you're saying from your tight ends, from from Ferguson seeing him becoming more involved, Like if one if the other guys can't get off, if you can have your tight end be more involved in CD do what he does. He scored twenty three points, bro, I'm agreeing with that yards like we scored forty, Bro, we scored forty with Come on, man, No.
Speaker 3: The tight end position has uh, it's been maybe a C plus for me this year.
Speaker 2: I don't blame me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's yes, he caught, they caught balls, caught touchdown pass, but they they it's not you know, it's not been what it is. And then you know proof proof were looking at it right here on the screen right behind you. Dalton Schultz there had himself a game about to play himself into a multi year contract down there in Houston.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a lot different than how you sounded a couple of weeks ago. Yes, yes, because he looked like a guy that fumbled the bag. Initially, No, he did, he fumbled back.
Speaker 3: But in this game here when you're talking about you know Philadelphia and you you you use the second round pick tight end from Michigan, you run the route, You're not where.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: This is the stuff that hurts you, especially knowing McCarthy. What I was heard was McCarthy wanted Sam Laporta in the first round, and they didn't take Sam Laporta, took Mosie Smith. The Sam Laporta is the true, Okay, Sam laport is the truth. So when you see these kind of mistakes when yesterday the Philadelphia game, the tight ends as a group have dropped passes before. Peyton Hendershot, who we thought were going to take step forward, he's not been that player this year.
Speaker 4: So so you know, the tight end group, it's.
Speaker 3: To me, it's it's a C plus that you were you were expecting them, at least from from what I saw camp. This was supposed to. Hey, now they're in another year, they're going to be better. I haven't seen enough of the jump to say we're good.
Speaker 2: Can you no longer trust what you see a training camp? Is that a thing? Now? Can you no longer trust what you've been seeing out there?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: And I will also say this, it's what we're being told, and we're just we're believing what we're being told.
Speaker 4: And I don't think we're being skeptical enough.
Speaker 3: I say that, And then I also say it from when I was over at TCU during training get we get bought everything they told. Oh, defense is gonna be better because the second end of the quarter, the defense is worse than before. Okay, getting lit up on the rig about to get lit up this week by Texas. And it just showed me that we got to stop believing these folks.
Speaker 4: We like our guys. When I hear that, now you know what.
Speaker 8: It's like.
Speaker 4: Yesterday was election day. Ye the polling says, is okay, okay to what the polling says.
Speaker 3: I believe what said what the polling says ain't different than even results. So when I hear we like our guys, you know when they the experiment after Cooper, we like our guys.
Speaker 4: We like our No, no, you don't.
Speaker 3: That's that when I hear that, heck yeah.
Speaker 4: When you know you're dating somebody, oh you should make it.
Speaker 2: That was good. I just think about that, bro you had Dak. You had Dak Cooper and the CD. This is a CD lamb that we've seen that he's been capable of being and you couldn't. You know. I'm done. Let's go to something else. Broca. I talk about brain the cooks all day. I can see talk about it all day. Just I just you know, so New York guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, let's take a break. We come back.
Speaker 3: We have our sheets, we have our sheets of integrity, our sheet of integrity. Let us die back back into what we thought this team was going to be. We had the preseason picks, and we had the picks before the regular season.
Speaker 4: Now let's look at where we want to go to down the rest of the stretch.
Speaker 3: Here on the play with Barry Churchick Maharrison, Danny mccrabewy Scriusses brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch, and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeerenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home or away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans smearing off way to do game days. Please drink responsibily.
Speaker 5: Back to the players.
Speaker 3: Loude Any comes back here. Danny McCrae, Heck Maharrison barried Church new restructs.
Speaker 4: Heck me, I'm sorry. I jumped in on your red baby.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited. I'm so excited to get to the seats of integrity.
Speaker 3: Man, jump my good because I'm just in here looking at this and I'm all I'm all ready to go.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Heads at and T Stadium on Saturday, November eleven to Experienced Rally Days presented by Sea celebrate Veterans Day with special presentation from the Color Guard and Junior ROTC Drill teams, plus a twenty one gun salute. Take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head out to Miller Lightehouse, and even play on the field. Visit att stadium dot com Slash Rally Days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 4: Heck Maherrison.
Speaker 3: Jumped in on you here, so we have our sheets of integrity here news you.
Speaker 2: Could use me and we had to take it out of take it out of your notebook.
Speaker 3: So we got that's fine, that's fine. So we have two. I have the two sheets of integer. I got the preseason when the schedule first came out. Then right before the season when we did it. So going back to the pre preseason one, all right, I had it ten and seven. Church, you had at ten and seven. Mister mccraig, you had it twelve and five. Heck, you had a thirteen and four. Then when the when after preseason happened, right before the regular season, we made our change. I got food with twelve and five, hate to see it and winning the East. Okay, okay, So so I go back to where where Yes, yes, so I had twelve and five win in the East. Danny, you had thirteen and four. You we went up one. You went thirteen and four winning the East. Church you went up one. You went eleven and NFC wild card. Heck but you stayed strong, you know it?
Speaker 2: For with them.
Speaker 7: Getting the.
Speaker 2: Buy, We're gonna change. We're gonna pencil book that we're gonna put piscol to. Oh, we gonna put pencils around by Oh, we're gonna xnate that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's the high now.
Speaker 3: Looking at the schedule right now, so far, they've the losses went to Arizona. We all had that as a win.
Speaker 4: The losses. Other loss was to San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Church.
Speaker 4: You had it as a loss. You had as you stayed strong, because at.
Speaker 3: First when we first did the pre preseason, I had it as a lost. Church, you had a loss. Danny, you had a a loss. Heck, you had as a win. So we got food Philadelphia. All of us had it as a loss. And also when you had the pre preseason, we all had it as a loss.
Speaker 4: So that's where we sit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We are going on to the New York Giants, the Veto and the crew, so we all have it as a win. This week against Carolina, we all have it as a win. This week, Okay, Week eleven, I have it as a loss to Washington on Thanksgiving Day. Everybody else has it as a win. Then after that it's another Thursday game, Seattle comes to town.
Speaker 4: I have it as a loss. Everybody else has it as a win.
Speaker 5: Man, I was the one I switched.
Speaker 3: What you want to do, Philadelphia? Come let me just make sure, we got to just run through all us did. Philadelphia comes to visit Dallas in December. I have it as a win, Danny, you have it as a loss. Church you got as a win. Hecknan, you got as a win. Then it's a December road game at Buffalo. We all have it as a loss. Then it is a Christmas Eve game at Miami.
Speaker 4: I have it as a loss.
Speaker 3: Danny, you've got as a win. Church You've got as a loss. Heckman, you've got it as a win. Then it's the Lions coming to town. Everybody has it as a win except Heckma, it's got the losing to the Lions. Then we close out the season against the Commandos. Everyone has it as a win.
Speaker 5: So, gentlemen, changes, yes, yes, okay, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So Danny, go through the changes you would like to make here as we go from week nine through seventeen for the camp.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm a start. So Week nine, I still keep that as a win. Week ten, keep that as a win. Week eleven is a win. Week twelve is a win. I got the Miami. Now I'm changing that to l and I'm changing that last Washington game to an il. So so that has you eleven and six, that is correct, right, who's you want the table? Man? Right? And and I'm also removing the NFC East winners.
Speaker 4: Got it, I got it?
Speaker 2: So that'll be wild card, thank you. You don't mind throwing that w C on there.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So this is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna change this Detroit l to a w and I'm gonna change this uh, I'm gonna change this Washington that Miami win to a loss. So I'm staying Stan Pat it is twelve and five, that's mine. So take the NFC East and the bye off of that strap strap strap right strap, Yeah, scrap all that. But that's because because right now that's the situation you're in. You gotta win these NFC East. You gotta win these NFC games. I mean the importance has to be there. So Miami right now at home. I think that's that's a tough that's just gonna be a tough out.
Speaker 6: I like it what you got Church, I'm saying the same eleven and six, keeping it. I like everything where it's at right now. Yeah, i'na keep saying.
Speaker 2: So Phillip come to town. You they splitting that one. They splitting. Now one go to Miami. Take the right because Jaylen Rams and the balls out there now, so's gonna be talking. Just throw the CD all day if you want to.
Speaker 5: Maybe Detroit, you know, I got them.
Speaker 2: That's a game. That's gonna be a game.
Speaker 5: But here, yeah, home field advantage, I got that. And then Washington, I'm staying where.
Speaker 2: It's at card If I know anything right now, I'm gonna start following your picks. Appreciate man, the man be on the point. You know, the w C on that. I never thought i'd be saying it this season, but yeah, go with w C. We be going. We're gonna go visit Somebody'll go visit somebody, hopefully like New Orleans at l somebody that's the NFC West invitation. I would be right back out there when I see win that that'll be. I don't know who gonna win that one, actually, because Seattle for first winning san Fran. Don't know it's about to Seattle on San Frian.
Speaker 6: They about to say san Fran top three about the same record, five three, right, yeah they five and three?
Speaker 2: What you got now?
Speaker 4: Making two changes? Detroit going from win to loss.
Speaker 3: All right, Detroit had him last year, but couldn't finish the job a little bit better this time around. And the Seattle game I had as a loss. I'll go ahead, make that a win.
Speaker 2: So you're standing saw.
Speaker 3: The The one that I'm really hedging on right now is the Buffalo game. Okay, at Buffalo, at Buffalo, but they got no defense right now.
Speaker 4: That defense is cooked.
Speaker 3: It is you know, nobody's talking about it like they number four was doing it. But Josh a turnover machine.
Speaker 2: We all got so Josh, Josh, Josh allen this this thing right now.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm when we come game week, depending on where this thing is sitting at. I got it as a loss, but I very much could get the week we picked the game, make it, make it a win, because they may, especially coming off the Philly up Philadelphie, they this this one. This one's gonna be an interesting one because you're gonna have to go into that Christmas weekend and this Buffalo ones is that to me is a real I think this is a very key game on the schedule here because we talked about it yesterday. You've got four of your next five at home after that Philly game, depending on what happens there where Philly comes off because they're playing some tough competition right now, this Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Game Week fourteen.
Speaker 2: Man, that's that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A very very interesting game. I still don't think they could beat Miami on Christmas, even.
Speaker 4: You guys are playing on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because you I got you.
Speaker 4: Playing things for Christmas. Usually avoid they usually avoid having to.
Speaker 3: Play two holiday games. But that's that's that's an interesting one. So so let me ask you this, as players, how do you go about trying to do Christmas when you got a Christmas e, your game and shopping and celebrate everything.
Speaker 4: How do you gotta do that?
Speaker 2: You better take care of that early, h you gotcha? Yeah? I mean, first of all, you shouldn't be at the mall nowhere around Christmas at that time anyway, Christmas Eve, all of that. Do it early is twenty twenty three, Okay, order online, but make sure you focused on what you need to be focused on, because you only need to be ripping and running all at the mall and trying to figure out what you need to need to buy, specially with the game like Miami coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta handle things early.
Speaker 6: And then we all know families gonna come in town, but they all had to understand, at least my family had to understanding.
Speaker 5: Like, you know, this game time, you know, don't bother me.
Speaker 6: You got the living room, got all of the space, go to chit chat amongst yourselves.
Speaker 5: But after the game, we can do whatever you want. Celebrate, you know, you know, have a couple of cocktails here and there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, before the game, you got to make sure, you know, you separate all that because you.
Speaker 5: Got to focus on the task of hand.
Speaker 2: I thought that was interesting what you just said about Philly's gonna be coming off some real tough competitions. So that may be a thing that makes me more nervous about Philly, because they drop a game, the incentive for them to come in here and do what they.
Speaker 4: Need to do against us.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a huge football game, man. And I just watched some heroics how to Day Firs Scott and we still put up twenty three points and lost the game. And we've seen jaylen Herds with the knee brays on and you know, so that's that's that's why I'm a little I'm nervous about that one. I'm still nervous about it. So I'm gonna stick with word what I got.
Speaker 3: And so keeping in point there that Philly game, depending on what happens, this Buffalo game becomes very cutely either way.
Speaker 4: It's very key.
Speaker 3: As you look down the stretch here of having to go to Miami of Christmas Eve, getting Detroit here at home after that, and then ending the season at Washington, which, by the way, I still have them going to Washington and getting a win.
Speaker 4: But I had it, I had it split.
Speaker 3: I had it split, and I'm the week we picked that game is gonna be interesting too.
Speaker 2: I mean, what you're playing for one, that's what it is. You might already know you're going to Detroit some.
Speaker 3: What correct, and we've seen we've seen them do that in the past two Yeah. Look last year you're sitting up there, you got beat by Sam Howell. So but right now, I'm gonna stay with where I'm at twelve and five, twelve and five, flipping them. And I said, this Buffalo game right here is just gonna be the Washington Buffalo games. I have both as losses. I got Thanksgiving as a loss, got Buffalo as a loss. Here I could I could see one of those going a different way here because.
Speaker 4: I just don't think we're talking about it now. This is just me.
Speaker 3: If Buffalo were the Cowboys, you would be hearing about quarterback turns it over. The defense is have too many They got too many folks missing this. This team is regressing from two years ago when people talk about them being in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: This team is they made right now, They're not making the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Injuries hurt this defense big time. You lost White Milano in the middle. You're basically quarterback of the defense. So picking up big players and teams are running the football on them. So there's gonna be tough. And that you talk about Buffalo in December, I mean, you know, Josh Allen has been kind of saving his offense with his arm, and he's still gonna be able.
Speaker 5: To do that in those cold temperatures.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's their best running back that can't keep going.
Speaker 3: I just I just I just see a lot of regression going on for this team right now, and it's just it's just not being talked about, which is because you're Buffalo people don't want to talk about. I also think people are talking about Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow right now, MVP. Joe Burrow in the MVP race, but he plays in Cincinnati, so.
Speaker 2: They don't have to talk about him. They'll have to deal with him in just a minute, it'll be playoff time and Joe Burrow start back doing this thing. But both of all of us, when you look at this list, we all understand that the Cowboys are capable of going on a run. Initially four game. Four game winning streat goes five, mine five as well. I mean, now that this part of the season has played out, you start asking yourself, Okay, how is this team shape up over the next half of the season. And I don't see that. There's not one game in there that I don't think is a winnable game, or you're about to be facing a juggernaut. The San Francisco forty nine ers was that team for me that you have to get over that hump. You lose that game, Okay, you come in to Philly, you squeak they squeak out a win at home. Versue, you didn't play your best or you played your best, they didn't play their best. How does that look back at at and T Stadium? For me, this team has to get hot, and get getting hot at the right time is just as pivotal for this team to me.
Speaker 3: That's why it's four or five games stretch is they got to clean up very much.
Speaker 4: You've got it.
Speaker 3: You've got to make some hay there and really come out on the plus side.
Speaker 4: There. Go back to the Bills here. This is what they got coming up.
Speaker 3: They've got Monday night against the Broncos, so they should handle that at home. Then they get a home game against the Jets division game.
Speaker 4: They can play defense.
Speaker 2: It's already beat them.
Speaker 3: So then you got to go after that to Philadelphia. Then you go to Kansas City before you host Dallas.
Speaker 2: They might be over with for them. They might be done. They might be they might be done. They might be finished. There might be a done dollar bout time it gets us. So that's why you're saying that over Ports started his below.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm just sitting here looking at that, just going back and looking at the schedule.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 4: Man, it's l the Buffalo.
Speaker 3: They may not be Noel, because they may they may just be ready to go ahead, give up the chip, you.
Speaker 5: Know, man, they give me thirteen and fourf wait a minute, hope.
Speaker 4: Thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Go to Buffalo in December. I think about it. That ain't gonna be done easy. But I didn't say no, just it will be nothing. It don't matter. They were packing for Port the Well then got Brandon Man, got Butter. You're working outside the winter is a lot different Romo special.
Speaker 4: You know, throw five picks and win that thing.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what's so you just brought up Joe Burrow. You know who is sneakily like getting into that m VP conversation. No, no, listen, if you continue watching watching watching the AFC South, okay, and you're looking at the battle between the Texans, and then that will be also the Jacksonville Jaguars is having a hell of a season. That's not no, no, no. They still got a lot of game to play, and coming out of the byweek looked like he got a lot better. And if he continues to get better and have games like that, ain't no way you can sit there and say the dude shouldn't be mentioned in that in that conversation.
Speaker 6: If he takes the team that had was the number one or number two overall pick last year's draft and he takes them to the playoffs. You know stats to back it up.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 5: You don't throw him in that race.
Speaker 4: What's that record right now?
Speaker 5: I think they're like four and four.
Speaker 2: That's a tough that's a tough I'm just said, don't don't make it seem like it's like that's a thing where you can't mention him based off the way that he's been playing for the expect expectations that we had out of the Houston Texas looking at the Carolina Panthers, they made that's what was looking at Like, whoa, he was too little? They trying to tell Trevor Lawrence played his working year. Here we go, here we go, playing better than all of them, dudes, he's playing better.
Speaker 3: Than Looking at leading pastors statistically right now through week nine, it's Tua Party, Cousins didn't strapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn, and Cousins is out of that. We don't know what's going on with.
Speaker 3: Party, followed, followed by Russell Wilson, Jackson, Prescott josh All.
Speaker 2: So what you what you tell me? You can't go based off passing leaders.
Speaker 7: This is this is.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be a different stat Looking at the right there, it's rating points Okay, okay, now raining points right there.
Speaker 4: I'm just listed it for us. They're just listed right there.
Speaker 2: So I love the young guys playing well. He has.
Speaker 3: He has done an outstanding job. He's got fourteen touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Like two picks one pick?
Speaker 2: Oh, Like, how could you not as a not even just being a rookie. That's any quarterback in the league. I mean when Aaron Rodgers did that a couple of years ago and everybody's like, he don't turn the ball over, gotta be MVP. Fourteen to one. Houston Texas rookie coach, rookie head coach up there, just taking out a way to get this insane. This season for the Texas is doesn't look look nothing like anybody had predicted. I wouldn't have imagined that c J. Stroude would have took on the NFL the way that he did. I mean, he has that offense clicking that and surprisingly enough, it's the defense sometimes that's letting them down. And ain't the office.
Speaker 3: Well you look at these interception numbers for people, Dak's got five. But you go down the list by Josh Allen, nine, there's a whole nine club going on here leading the league tied for the league and picks.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen has nine. Mac Jones got nine. Don't surprise you, Garoppolo has nine. Surprise he missed games.
Speaker 4: Surprise games.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Jordan Love up there and.
Speaker 5: Green Bays got dumpster fire, Sam.
Speaker 4: Holl And Washington's in the nine club.
Speaker 2: The Milk's gone back.
Speaker 4: What's your boy?
Speaker 6: Herbert Herbert got them stats now Gezel stats Gesels got four picks.
Speaker 4: Thirteen that Jalen Hurts has nine picks eight he has.
Speaker 5: Eight picks and total turnovers he got like eleven.
Speaker 2: Mahomes has eight picks. Boy and boy the cold. It don't look too bad right now, I do it all that top and we see and we see. Here we go with that. There's it looks it looks different. Why does it look so?
Speaker 5: Why does it Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break and break down. Hegma Harrison Barry Church on the news Sports plays loud Ride You Buy Tostos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig. That was Cowboys alumni player here with movie and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Isaie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Jack Black and Right Now.
Speaker 9: Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Pres Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Tis the season for you Football and dance Camps presented by Invisial Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at Dallascowboys dot Com Slash Camps. You like that dog, won't come see you? Did it like that? I like the way you did that. Man, that was professional read man. Stumbling, no bumbling, no, none of that. But you kill that dang that bucking right wants to read the Rainbow song in this guy he didn't even have to follow his finger around under the word that the readers.
Speaker 3: Readers anyway says, Huh, It's not easy, guys, ain't it.
Speaker 5: Ain't this movie king commercially.
Speaker 2: Come and get your out on location.
Speaker 3: Cowboys taking all the Giants Sunday at at and T Stadium. The Giants are two and seven, the Cowboys are five and three. The Giants are already beaten by the Cowboys. Uh to start the season forty to nothing, and Daniel Jones will not be participating.
Speaker 5: Damn Daniel year So thirty.
Speaker 2: Six mostroom, baby, shut out, boy, shout out to by.
Speaker 4: Church's got your guy?
Speaker 2: You talk about that job.
Speaker 5: Cart without.
Speaker 2: You know he's gonna have a job.
Speaker 3: Sure can be paid to sit there thirty six minl guarantees that he'll have a job. Will he be directing Caleb Williams man Michael Pennix and showing them where to go.
Speaker 2: I think that's how that's likely. It shouldn't. I think that's likely.
Speaker 3: If it's not, there's something wrong. I mean, you know, somebody the look the kid for organ. Somebody better be to jots from these quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: So who foughts that? Because everybody they won't he there now? And you see what he did with Daiel Jones and all that. They go out there and pay the man his bread, okay food, everybody almost us food him take the wrong man looks worse than I've ever seen him.
Speaker 3: Look expectations, you know. And and it's in in a non last play schedule. Yeah yeah, came out to jump started week one, caboy Like so so you you you went in on Daniel Jones. You said you boy, Herbert was gonna be a top five m VP candidate.
Speaker 4: That's not happening.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of games. Look, ain't got that.
Speaker 3: Not Your quarterback takes on this show have been shaky since the beginning.
Speaker 2: So give us a DAC take, Give us a DAC, Give us a DAC take. Can Dak pulled it off? Can this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We're talking about the last second?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can Dak pull it? I mean, obviously you're you're liking Dak a little bit more now in his current state. Nobody's been harder on DA than you. Bro Come on, no, no, you'll talk about the turnovers. You're talking about the turnovers and the games that he played coming into the season. He's protected the ball more. Are you pleased about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's playing well. If he's passed what three games, he's done his thing. He's put that team on.
Speaker 5: His back and seven, I believe in the past three.
Speaker 6: I mean he's kept the ball pretty much out of defender's hands. That one interceptions he had was a tip pack. So he's playing well. Do I think he has what it takes to as we all like to say, get over that hump and make that long playoff runt as I've seen right now, I have to say, no, I mean, that's that's what it is I kept it have been last year when you're throwing three interceptions and people in here like to say it was you know, the coordinator's fo and you know, we go.
Speaker 5: Out here, Philadelphia, what happened? We snapped the ball? Coordinator can't throw for you.
Speaker 6: People are wide open. So I mean, hey, you know, keep believing what I go by what I see. When he plays well, and he's played well these past three games, I say, hey, he put the.
Speaker 2: Team on the shoulders.
Speaker 4: This is good for that.
Speaker 3: That's what he's what it is him not believing is good for that. Because we know the reputation the Church Church Quarterback quarterback school.
Speaker 2: So so okay, so y'all believe no, no, no, no, no, no what no man, what what? What do you think?
Speaker 4: The Philadelphia game?
Speaker 3: And I've said it before, I'll be consistent, be consistent. Dak is not the problem, but he's a part of the problem Philadelphia. At the end, you got your man jumping outside, then he got tarn Steele letting his guy go.
Speaker 4: Then they throw the ball short. That's his problem. What are you doing right there?
Speaker 2: It's a problem.
Speaker 4: It's a problem. Can they get it fixed right now?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna believe it not after my baseballing for a month, after my baseball for a month, I can't sit up here look at this operation right now as a whole and say I believe. I can't because they're still beating themselves. Until you stop beating yourselves. And we talked about it with the bill Ballachick Court the other day. Should I read it again, they keep beating themselves. Quarterback included in that.
Speaker 4: So but is it all him? Nah, it ain't on him.
Speaker 3: So no, I'm not all not like if I'm like you, boy Tiki Barber, I'm gonna takedad and I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that. I'm not gonna sit up here and say, man, it's all him.
Speaker 2: But nah, I like the way you changed that whole little thing or what we said it was. Nobody said it was all hill you nobody, nobody it was like, nobody said that. Ain't not wrong like that. I like that. I like that smooth, he answered it, but he didn't up.
Speaker 3: Next if we medi a mash with meat and other pizza, let's talk to you next.
Speaker 2: Time right here.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club