Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Tell on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: We got a game seven.
Speaker 2: Game six wasn't really that interesting, especially if you're a Thunder fan.
Speaker 1: But Indiana came to play tonight.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of speculation of whether or not Tyrese Haliburton would play.
Speaker 1: Not only did he play, he played extremely well.
Speaker 2: But again it was the bench TJ McConnell Obie topping that got them going and they did not look back. I am your favorite, all shout and sharp and tonight it's a two man show, no help, just to heavy lifting Me and I sold Joe Little Rock native University of Arkansas alum, Big three, MVP Ice Old Joe Joe. We're gonna do it, baby. Just Isold joeing up and get to it all right. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from on behalf of O Joe, myself and now Joe. We want to thank each and every one of you, your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth for making Nightcap what has become. Because without you. That can be no us, there can be no awards, that could be no sponsors and an advertisers. That can be none of that without you. And we want to greatly greatly thank you and appreciate you'll continue support. So thank you again very much. Please make sure you check out shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it on light and we'll ship it directly to your door. We're coming to a city of state near you, We're just not there yet. Please drank responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company page on all of his platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are very limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. I want to thank the Hall of Excellence. I was in attendance last night. Tom Brady has a Hall of Excellence and it's in the Fountain Blue and so I got an opportunity to go by there and I spoke to Tom briefly.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: Saw some I saw whose Reggie Jackson was their stateman Oprah's significant other wanted me to tell ohow he loved Ohoe and I on the show he watches all the time.
Speaker 1: He loves Club Sha Shay.
Speaker 2: I say, you think you might get your you know, the pot that have come on to see you boy on Club He laughed.
Speaker 1: But uh, but it was great.
Speaker 2: And if you're in every in Vegas and you get an opportunity to check it out, it's in the Fountain Blue. It's called the Hall of Excellence, and it's narrated by Morgan Freeman, and they have a lot of things up there, and so when you hit click on the button, it'll starts speaking to you and tell you the significance of what you're actually looking at. John Madden Peas, they got stuff from l Way, Greg Maddox, I mean, it's an unbelievable you got this obviously when Tom is you know, they got Tom one hundredth anniversary jacket or he's one of the one hundred best players in NFL history. They got Super Bowl ring, they got a lot of stuff up there. I mean, just unbelievable. Coach and Belichick's hoodie, one of the Lombardi Trophies. So if you're ever in Vegas, and you got some spare time, go spend ten fifteen minutes in there.
Speaker 1: You'll be glad you did. So. Thank you Hall of Excellence for having me over there. Last night.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, the Pacers beat the Thunder, so we do have a game seven on Sunday one eight to ninety one. Nobody, I mean really, no one from the Thunder played really well. Thunder had five turnovers in the second quarter, I mean first quarter. Seven in the second quarter, so they had twelve turnles at the half. Obi Topping had four three pointers. The Thunder starters had won. This is the best we see. Look Pacers to play some really good basketball this postseason. Joe, But tonight the way they swarmed, they for shade eight turnovers seven to fifteen oh one, seven of eight, but for turnovers minus seventeen and thirty one minutes. Jalen Williams, who coming up that had a forty point game the other night, played sensational. He was minus forty and the plus minus six or thirteen oh four, four or five and only twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 1: Joe. TJ.
Speaker 2: McConnell is the first bench player in NBA history sixty plus points, twenty five plus assists, fifteen plus rebounds, and then in the NBA Finals he's doing this offer and when you look at him, I know they said they looking at it, Joe, They looking at it, Jose about bad.
Speaker 1: I will cook old boy. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the next day, you know, Eden told you look at it, and he's like, damn well. TJ got deep even us tonight. Joe, what did you like about what you saw from the Pacers, because there were a lot of uncertain dys Tyreese Halliburton gonna play if he doesn't play, can win without him? If he does play, how you know how liberty would he be? What did you like most? What impressed you most about Indiana? Man haller Berry pulling our leg? Is he pulling our leg?
Speaker 1: Man? Come on now?
Speaker 2: Yeah something hey? But anyway, uh, I thought Indiana played great. I thought that, you know, to get off to a good start. I thought, okay, see started the game off pretty good. I was like, okay, they look he's gonna put these boys away. They ain't gonna play with him and man as soon as they start. As soon as Indiana started subbing, TJ came in. I think his energy, his effort is so infectious to the other teammates that they feed off that.
Speaker 1: Now is he the guy? No, he's not the.
Speaker 2: Guy, but the energy and effort that he plays with you can't substitute for that.
Speaker 1: Man. He's making plays on both ends of the court. I thought.
Speaker 2: Offensively, it's almost like OKAYC was like, Okay, we're gonna let TJ. If he gonna be if he gonna turn into AI and score all the points, we just gonna play him one on one and we're gonna let were gonn't let him score as much as he can. But defensively, he was swarming. You know, you got you get these other guys involved, and it's like they were like two or three steps faster than ok C the knife for whatever reason. You know, after after probably the first couple of minutes, it's like Indiana took over Man.
Speaker 1: They never looked back.
Speaker 2: They killed them in every quarter except you know, the fourth quarter, the last quarter where yet don't count because they were down thirty going into the fourth. Man, it was it was a sight to see I hadn't seen Okay see play like this a lot throughout this postseason, and to see every guy in that starting lineup with negatives plus minus negatives by their name, Uh Indiana just had more more It's like more resilience to night.
Speaker 1: They knew what was they say.
Speaker 2: Obviously they didn't want them boys to close them out on their home floor, and they played like it to night. It was a great game. Absolutely, Yeah, boy, Joe, I thought they played. I thought they played a great game. I thought they energy and effort was there. Defensively, they were swarming. They killed him in every category, meaning every whether it was rebottom out see it still it's like blocks. Okay, see had no chance, they had no chance. They looked when they got down. I hadn't seen, like I said, I hadn't seen Oka See looked like that, you know throughout this postseason. But when they got down, they looked like they didn't have what it what it took to come back, and uh Indiana just kept pulling it, kept pulling it. So I give a lot of credit obviously to they bench, who has been tremendous. Indiana's bench has been great. You know, throughout this whole postseason. You look at Topping with twenty points, TJ with twelve, and they just had a bunch of guys chip in Man and defensively. I thought, this is probably one of the best outputs they did that they put out, you know, pretty much throughout this whole postseason.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: It didn't start off very well because I think they missed like their first eight shots. I mean they were they were rushing and seemed like everybody wanted to make beat, make make their the run by themselves to make okay See give up. But once they got it going, boy, they got it going, they couldn't stop them, Joe. I mean they and all of a sudden they couldn't make it three. Now, all of a sudden they couldn't miss a three. And once they got it Florida me, I was like, man, Indiana's played extremely well. But then they allowed okay See to cut it to close it, and I was like, damn.
Speaker 1: Okay okay See finished this quarter.
Speaker 2: I was strong because it's always okay, how do we start, then how do we finish? You're always trying to close out a quarter, end of the first, going into half, going it into the four, you know, the third, going into the fourth, and I thought okay See did a very good job of that.
Speaker 1: But man, when they started that second quarter.
Speaker 2: They opened up a can on them, Joe, they opened up a can on them, And you're absolutely right. Jayalen Williams, who came out for forty point effort in Game six, he has the lowest plus minus and finals game in the play by play era. He was minus forty. Now he's gonna be looking to get that get back on Sunday. I don't think Shade's gonna play as bad as he played. Shade have played that bad. It was just hard. The shot that he normally would make he didn't get through. He didn't get that bounce tonight. But I just think it was again you look at it sixteen ten, seventeen, fourteen, twenty twelve. The six guys in double figures again. You know they normally keep five, six guys in double figures. Some casually they'll speak a seventh guy in there and get him in double figure. Miles Turner didn't play his you know, only one field goal tonight, one of nine from the floor, all three from the three, one of two from the free throw line. But you know, Man Siakam was good, Nie Smith was good, nim Hard Tyre's Halliburton was sensational.
Speaker 1: Obi Topping was sensational. TJ. McConnell. I mean, what do you say about it?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean he's the I en the job of Bunny And I thought in the second quarter of what they did is they played him and Haliburton together. Yeah, I thought, I Hallerburton didn't really have a problem with him having the ball.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 2: I just Holly looked like he was a step fast today than he was in Game five. Yeah, and for me, damn they man, they put up a performance against OKC today. You look at uh, you look at Caruso. He had many points as me and you had to night. Yeah, yeah, he got some cardio in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 2: They can't win without their bench contributing unless Shay and and and Williams go off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But man, it's just look look at check Hungwark like it's just I don't know, man, they seemed a little disinterested once they got down.
Speaker 1: They just could not get back in the game.
Speaker 2: Once Indiana one of them, one of their big run and kind of separated themselves. You I thought that okay C had a run them, especially the second half, but Indiana, well, they were they were flaming. Man, they was going, they were going. You couldn't. You couldn't slow them down. I'm saying about everybody on their team was scoring, defensively, were in tune, and they just seemed like a well or engine knight who could not be stopped. And that's uncharacteristic of OKC, especially defensively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 2: Uh s g a eight turnovers to assist time for the host turnovers in a game six in finals history.
Speaker 1: You know, like I said he did, he didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't couldn't get his offensive game going, and he couldn't get anybody well, I don't know if he couldn't, No one could make shots. Eight turnovers like I said, they had twelve at the half. They did a great job when he turned his back CJ. Mcconnells looking at the pick his pockets. Uh, they gave him a lot of different looks tonight. They did a great job, but they knew had to do a great job or else they were going home.
Speaker 1: And look, no one wants to lose.
Speaker 2: It's not easier losing or you lost as a low But are you I damn sure don't want you to celebrated on my court.
Speaker 1: I don't want you celebrated. You know, all my fans done gone home.
Speaker 2: Everybody disappointed, and a handful of fans that y'all got in there, they said, yeah, and y'all dappling them up, y'all drinking champagne.
Speaker 1: Ah nah, hell nah.
Speaker 2: Hey, Look, I think I think Indiana really fed off the crowd, especially a lot of them old venturing guys who've been on a round played for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Regide Miller was there, Ronal tests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming back showing them guys love and you know that's a that's an extra incentive, meaning you know, you don't wanna lose on your home court like that, and had him got celebrated, And I thought they played like I mean from the obviously, after the first what three four minutes they settled in, they started making shots, and it was a rap. Halibert didn't even look like he had Andrew that night the way he was did not.
Speaker 1: He did not, But I thought he did a better job of getting to a spot.
Speaker 2: He's a right handed I was watching the thing today and they tuck tracking where he shoots the ball from. Yeah, prior to the night, he had only made like one or two shots from in their playoffs, and on the left side, so he must have seen all this stuff is to the right. Yeah, he must have seen it too, because he started making some shots. Hey, he making some shots over there on their left side. Man, he did, Hey, hey, this game seven, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I would not be shocked at the Pacers because I believe if we talked about this Joe in game six, I believe Rick Carlile should have went with a TJ McConnell once he was Tyreez Haliburton was getpy.
Speaker 1: I think he should have rolled.
Speaker 2: I think he should have rode TJ McConell a little more, a little longer. He went back, and I get it. It's a veteran guy. You know, he's the said of your team. But that night he didn't have it and TJ was playing extremely well.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 2: I think that two day rest gave Hi an opportunity to get a lot of treatment, get that thing massaged out. He kept it warm, and now guess what they got it They got too.
Speaker 1: They got twenty four forty eight.
Speaker 2: They got about sixty plus hours before they play again, so he gets treatment all the way. What you think they'll lead tonight and they'll lead to Mars. They don't play until Sunday. They probably gonna leave. They probably gonna leave Saturday. You don't think they'll leave Saturday. Do you think that least Saurday will have a shoot around in the India and then go probably.
Speaker 1: So, man, this is it. I mean, like, I don't know what else you gotta tell your team. This is it. This is the last game of the season, well the season.
Speaker 2: So I feel like Rick Carlis that are awesome job this postseason with these guys. And I think these guys are gonna be out for this challenge knowing that you know, uh, they hadn't played terribly in Okay, see, they have it.
Speaker 1: They've been in games. Remember they ended up winning Game one. Yeah, they won Game one.
Speaker 2: So they feel that they feel if you win one time that Joe, you know, you feel you can win again. Hey man, you just got to be better than them in this last game, and it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I think this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: This's gonna be one one to remember because, uh, you know, okayc obviously we didn't talked about them being a dynasty.
Speaker 1: They understand what's this stake.
Speaker 2: You got guys who didn't play well to night, who are obviously gonna be looking to have a bounce back game in a major way. I can't I can't believe they had a performance like this from okay, see, I ain't gonna lie. Yeah, they seemed a little a task lord tonight. Or maybe the Pacers played with a little bit more pepp in their step, but they did seem to have a little bit more bounce. And once the the lid was taken off the basket, I thought the Pacers started to put it in there at a high clip.
Speaker 1: And now you get one shot, you miss.
Speaker 2: They go down on another to make and I say it like again, they close out the first quarter good, but any started at first that second quarter that was on fire.
Speaker 1: And they didn't look back.
Speaker 2: And then the end of the third you have Shepherd hit that shot and it's up thirty. Yeah, and you see Dagnaut, he raised the white flags and okay, we'll see you, okay, see for game seven. Look just from the hustle points alone for me, you know, they kind of determined, you know who wanted more. And yep, I mean they just beat them in every fancy of the game man, and that's uncharacteristic of Oklahoma City Thunder team, who has been you know, tremendous throughout this whole and not just this regular season but the postseason.
Speaker 1: So to see them get beat like this, damn, it's tough. It is. It really is.
Speaker 2: Joe the Bus family, and it's been in their family, the Lakers. It's been in their family since what in nineteen seventy nine, winning doctor Jerry Buss purchased the team from Jack Kent Cook, who was the owner of the Washington football team that were not the football team then the Commanders, but we know who they were, but and he purchased that from them. So Mark Walter, who also owns the Dodgers, he owns a soccer Premier team is a Chelsea what is it done?
Speaker 1: I think he owns a sig.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he had a lot of money and he purchased the majority ownership for evaluation of approximately ten billion dollars, the largest sale of a professional sports franchise in the world. Jeannie will still act as the governor per Ramona Shellburn. Genie Rol as governor of the Lakers is in writing. Unlike Mark Cuban, who has a verbal, Hey, I'm gonna stay owned. Herds is in writing, Shelborne believes Mark Walter values Jennie Bus's ability to connect with the Lakers fan base, brand and the leadership skilled. Walters similarly kept much of the Dodgers' leadership in place when acquired to observe the which employees he would build around. So he owns the Dodgers, and we know since he's on the Dodgers, they bought a couple of World series of the Lakers. You know, Lakers were a little heather than to spend because they didn't have a whole lot of money. Now they got major, they got major bread. This should scare a lot of people because first of all, this is Lakers. There's no bigger band in basketball than the Lakers. And now they got an owner that has deep, deep pockets. Indeed, he's gonna be willing to go into the luxury tax even the second ap from me, I dig in my pocket. I ain't got no but some linen there. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 1: And you know what Joe I was thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, I was trying to think, like who I was like, I don't think the bus family ever would ever sell the Lakers ten billion?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, that man were playing money.
Speaker 2: Eine that money because you know, you coming to the table, like why what about seven billion? See when you come to the table and you spend and you basically spend three point nine billion more than any franchise because the Celtics you just sold for six point one So you say, you know what, I will give you three point nine more billion than what that team sold for. And that team sold after they won the finals a championship. Hey, look, he he know it's gonna be worth it. We're having Braun and Luca there. You know, you got two major, major superstars. Uh, and people are gonna be willing to pay the price the ticket price to come check to check the Lakers out.
Speaker 1: So I feel like he felt like he got in on a on a good deal. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been successful, you know in professional sport. So to add the Lakers to it, man, that's yeah, you add the Lakers to your portfolio. As you gotta feel pretty good about that. Yeah, ain't look, you ain't gonna get much bigger than that. Yeah, yeah, I thought so. And that's a lot of he owns. He owns Uh. So he owns the Lakers now the Dodgers Chelsea. Uh, he owns an F one racing team, l A Sparks and the Professional Women's Hockey League. And he's to see goog googen him right. Oh yeah, Lord have mercy. Yeah he finna he's finna put him. He's finna put him in a different strategy field. Man. He you know, when you got owners like that who willing to spend, you know, uh, it ain't no limit to what they're willing to do to Yeah, yeah man to make their team successful.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And like you said, he does have Luca. He has two superstars on the team. So even when when Lebron retires a year or two or whatever that is, he still has Luca, who's a superstar.
Speaker 1: The Lakers have always had a superstar.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that they've all they they've all they've If you go back, you're study the Lakers since they've moved to LA. They had Baylor in West and then they got Kareem and then they got Magic and then they got you know, they had a once you know.
Speaker 1: Magic retired.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, well he's you know, had the HIV diagnosis.
Speaker 1: Uh, he stepped away, they ended up.
Speaker 2: Getting shot and then you know Kobe, Kobe was there, so without for about a year or two, they was without a superstar.
Speaker 1: And then Lebron comes.
Speaker 2: And now when Lebron you know, transitions away to a normal civilian life, you still got Luca. So for the better part, since they've been in it, I mean since they've been in LA, especially since the sixties, they've had a superstar. And that's what if you're in l A Look, LA is about superstars. It's really that simple. You go back and look at the Dodgers, whether it was Colfax or all the people that get the guys that they've had.
Speaker 1: That's what you need to think about this.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know they're gonna bring they gotta bring them guys some help. They gotta bring some help in the LA meaning you know we talked about them always need them big, you know, especially throughout this postseason. So I expect this off season for the NBA to be one to remember. And I can see the Lakers making a big push for for for a big trade or something. They gotta do something to get to get somebody in there to help them guys. Man, especially if you want to be if you want to be in contentions when it comes down to the playoffs next.
Speaker 1: Year because the West is too deep. The West is too deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to try to put that weight and that load on strictly Lebron and Luca. They gonna need some help. They need a big They really need a big bag. I'm talking about it. I ain't just talking about somebody just big, just big. I'm talking about somebody big that you can count and say, Okay, every game I'm gonna get I'm gonna get ten to fourteen from that person. I'm gonna get somewhere seven to ten rebounds from that person. Uh, you know, just having somebody that's because they sell them foot tall in one game to give you ten. The next game they give you cardio. That ain't gonna cut it. That's really not h You need. You need a couple of shooters, and you need a big. You need some consistency. Hey, look a lot of room was floating around by a lot of guys. Man, And uh, I'm looking forward to this, to this free agency, to the draft. Obviously, I think things were probably transpired before the draft, some of these trades, and uh, I'm looking for the Lakers to make a big splash.
Speaker 1: The draft is a twenty fifth. The drafting next Wednesday, then yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Since speaking of trade, the Lakers and Jazz have reportedly discussed the trade center around Rual Hotche, Murrow and John Collins for Anthony Irwin. Many within the Lakers organization believe Collins would be especially great fit alongside Luca.
Speaker 1: He could jump out the gym.
Speaker 2: Since their seasons ended, they have had few conversation with Utah to try to land the twenty seven year old, big big man, with Rouy hotchim or offten the centerpiece of the deal. Yeah, I like John Collins. He plays here in Atlanta for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be a great addition for those guys because he offensively, you know, he can, he can score it a little bit. Defensively, he's solid, and he'll be a guy who can definitely take some pressure off those guys. And you know, from night to night, any given night, you know, he can have big nights, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yep, he can.
Speaker 2: He can give you twenty five points twelve rebounds on any given night. And I think to have guys like that, you know you're gonna need that throughout the throughout the regular season and if you make it to the postseason, to h to be lead, to be able to compete in at Western Conference, man, you're gonna need you need John Collins.
Speaker 1: You still may need a little more help though you Oh for sure, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But all things being equal, I probably would have rather have Kessler. I'd rather have a big that can dominate the paint because he's a he's a great rem protector, he can block shots. He can be a lob threat if needed. But I uh uh, that's that's look. John Collins is a lob threat. He can make you know. He like you said, he probably give you fifteen to seventeen a night. But they really need a big. They need somebody a joe that can that can block shot, that can protect the paint because when they go when they go big and they have Ruy and Lebron playing the four and the five of the five and the four hive, you want to look at him.
Speaker 1: That's not enough. That ain't gonna win you. That that's not gonna win your.
Speaker 2: Championship with Lebron and Ruy Hotchimore playing four or five or five.
Speaker 1: And four, it ain't. But the thing is it ain't many.
Speaker 2: It ain't many big guys out here, Like, dang, they should have got that guy from Carolina, from Charlotte.
Speaker 1: What's you think they can still get them Mark Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, free Look look look what he he averaged, like sixteen and ten for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but he don't.
Speaker 2: Man, they gonna get They get a big to average sixteen and ten. Oh they go, they going to the West, the conference finals.
Speaker 1: But he's on a bad team. You know he can he do that with the Laker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think he can ge And the expect expectations is gonna be different, Joe, It's gonna be a lot different. It's a lot different playing playing down there in Charlotte with no with no ain't nobody watching, nobody watching. Man, it's a little different. You could come out, you know, play Lucy Goose and have fun. You get to l a every game. You're gonna feel like you in the finals.
Speaker 1: Almost. Well, what about DeAndre Ayton?
Speaker 2: I like it. I like DeAndre Ayden here free agent? No, but he probably could be had. Oh he's up, so we do he have a three plus three plus an option. It's a team option, a player option. Damn, it's been that long since they wanted your finals.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, you t ain't trying to get off marketment over there.
Speaker 2: Laurd Oh nah, hell nah. You should try to build around him, man. Yeah, well, he he's a good eight. It's good because he has an expiring contract. He only has this one this last year coming up, so he's a prime cander. You know, they love NBA. They love getting these guys on the last last year of a deal, Joe, because you're gonna because you know what you're gonna get out of him.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get the best. You're gonna get the best out of him.
Speaker 2: You playing with he tried to get He tried to he tried to get that Muller, He tried to get that Spriller. You already know. Hey, no way, they give it out nowadays. Boy, you being fool not to be out there and give him your best. Oh yeah, yeah, give him give him twenty and ten. That's that's forty men, that's five years. That's for four year, five years, two hundred meal. I like eight, and I think you can even play through him a little bit, you know, from Oh yeah, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. I know it's wish for thinking for you. You know you'll you're fig Joe Swaggy p have a hot take this morning. Tim Duncan, Spurs was not a dynasty team.
Speaker 1: Man. I ran into him a few times.
Speaker 2: Uh what was that two thousand and two. I was playing with Marlberry, he was a point guard. We were a seed playing against the Spurs, who was a one seed. I think there was a Marius rookie year. Uh, we played them and we won game one, Uncle san Antonio.
Speaker 1: But after that it was a rap whether A couple of years later we get Steve Nash.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're the best team in the league, and uh, they beat us again like they have been in the way, like the San Anto What do you mean they ain't been a dynasty?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: But I want to know his definition. I mean you figured you look at all the championships they won. They won, and they.
Speaker 1: Won in ninety nine, Yeah that's what they won. In what three?
Speaker 2: They won in probably what five? They wanted seven? He ain't said they was Swedish. So I want to know what his definition is, Bro, you can be a dynasty. Look, I think the thing is what happened. Unless you want a three pet like the Laker, like a Shaton, Toby or Jordan, you're not a dynasty. That's bullgyiin, No, they won fourtunes, they won four championships and at least a ten year span.
Speaker 1: What is that? I would definitely call it a diner.
Speaker 2: How many teams, how many teams other than the Celtics, the sixty Celtics can say they won four championships and a ten year span. Basically, you looking at the Celtics and you're looking at the Bulls. The Bulls won six and an eight year span. But I'm trying to figure out so who else, who else can say that?
Speaker 1: Nobody? So I guess you. I guess you're gonna say what you call what the dynasty the.
Speaker 2: Warriors wars, not that I mean, but by his talking, the Warriors was not a dynasty.
Speaker 1: He played And just because you don't win time, I guess.
Speaker 2: You can say, well, they didn't because the Spurs they never did win the title back to back but four and ten years, so it might have been more than shorter than that.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine three oh five, Oh.
Speaker 2: No, they know, no, that'll be five I'm saying. But it won four like a like an eight year span. So ninety nine, three oh five and anyone what another seven and seven?
Speaker 1: You know what it is? Yeah? What you know what it is? Oh? They want yeah, bro, come on, bro, they weren't they won four to eight.
Speaker 2: Years because I from swaggering probably thinking like you know, they wasn't exciting to watch. You know, no they're not. They're broccoli fighting to watch. But you ain't good to you, but it's good for you. They got it done, man, they got it done. I don't care how you cut it. I consider that. I definitely consider them a dynasty. Yeah for sure. Oh yeah, yeah. Look you look at what they had. They got Tim Duncan, who's uh. You can make a case that either top ten player of all time with those accomplishments both offensively and defensively. You look at Tony Parker and look how he did it with the exception of Duncan. Did you actually think, well, they got Tony Parker and they got Moneled Genobi. Do you think at one point, what point in time did you say, you know what, Marna, you know that he gonna be a Hall of Fame player. Tony Parker is gonna best rude to be a finals MVP. There wasn't. They wasn't. I mean, I understand that Parker was a first round pick, but he wasn't highly acclaim. He wasn't no lot to be picked. He wasn't think what Tony Parker like nineteen twenty something. Hey, that was my draft.
Speaker 1: That was old one.
Speaker 2: We came in together. But what break was Parker Parker's like number twenty two or something like that. Yeah, yeah, twenty eight, twenty eight. Yeah, that last, that's almost last in the first round. Yeah, and Genoba was the second round pick.
Speaker 1: Because it's the system.
Speaker 2: It's the system they have that Pop has created, the plug and play, you know, it's having that discipline, understanding your play. Gotta players gotta play a certain way. Yeah, understanding your role. And we ain't having no foolishness around here, hear me. It ain't gonna be no foolishness. Hey, we're gonna be led by by Tim Duncan, who has been awesome since since he's came into the NBA. Playing next to David Robinson. Yeah, plug and play, baby plug, and they had the luxury when Tim came Tim was a grown up. Yeah, he spent four years in college. So he wasn't eighteen, he wasn't nineteen, he wasn't twenty. He was a full grown man. And he don't get that today. And he conducted himself as a full grown man. And you know, coach Popovich and coach Belichick, they get along. There a lot of light because Timmy allowed coach Pop to coach him hard. Tom allowed coach Belichick to coach him hard. So if your best player is getting coached hard, how you think you're gonna get coached How can you complain when they don't complain?
Speaker 1: Timmy never complained.
Speaker 2: And the thing was, and that's kind of what ended up breaking the Spurs up because everybody up until Kawhi allowed coach Pop to coach him a certain way. I agree Kawhi was very une and why was different And sometimes the best job sometimes as a cult, you have to understand who you could ride and who you have to paddle on the back because you can't put your foot in everybody's butt because some guys are buck right.
Speaker 1: You say, look, you got to think about this too.
Speaker 2: Before they got Tim Duncan, they were one of the top teams in the NBA, and then I think they had an injury. I don't know if David Robinson got injured how they ended up getting and Tim Duncan. They had them twin towers and it's like they were cheating. But yeah, right, I thought Tim Duncan came into the NBA and he was very mature, you know, for a rookie, and yeah, you don't necessarily see that meaning you could play through him. He was so dominated at that power forward position. It wasn't many guys who was stopping. No, he understood the system. He played within the system, and they dominated. They dominated. I think that was what the lockout year when he came in. Yep, yeah, yep. So you look at you got. You got David Robinson, Tim Duncan. I mean, yeah to David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and I think Sean Elliott he's on that team. Yeah, yeah, they there's some great veteran Avery Johnson.
Speaker 1: So you know, I mean, look, you got two tops.
Speaker 2: You got two top seventy five players with David Robinson and Tim Duncan, even though Timmy was a rookie, right, but he was mature. I think the last senior to be number one overall was Kenyon Martin, which was the next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So now guys are coming out of freshman and then at the one point in time, the guys you know, Lebron and Dwight Howard didn't even go to college and they were the number one overall. So you got to go back twenty five twenty six years the last time you had a senior be selected number one overall. Because people look at to see, oh Joe now with the money being, they're like, bro, you that good? Why you still in college? That ain't love even if you're a junior. Bro you had, I mean, hold on you that good? What you're still doing here? Hey? Because when I was in college, that was the thing. It was like, man, you stayed more than two years, they gonna think something wrong with you.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. And uh you know I got that uh.
Speaker 2: From the from the late great uh uh Wallace Praither who coached to Atlanta Celtics out here in Atlanta when I was when I was a junior high school, I came out here and played with the Celtics, And that's that's one thing he was telling, Man, you stay longer than two years, they're gonna think something wrong with you. Nowadays, you ain't getting there. It ain't gonna be no number one pick as no senior no more. I know ain't gonna see that no more.
Speaker 1: No. And even with the nil then like cool flashes, stay another Yeah for what, I ain't staying no more.
Speaker 2: His whole hit, The whole objective is get to the end of the NBA or the NFL. Okay, if I can collect five six eight million dollars and get and get there in the same amount of time.
Speaker 1: No, all they did was speed up the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my ability and the ability to enter into the draft now it's different than the NFL because you can't go before your junior year. But other than that, I'm not waiting around. I'm trying to get to the bag as soon as I possibly can. Yeah, because the sooner he.
Speaker 1: Get in there and playing them get them two three years.
Speaker 2: Up, they're gonna now they're gonna wlop him down, exactly, Joe. There's been some drama recently surrounding future pick Ah Bailey. Bailey reported canceled his pre draft workout with the Sixers. The Sixers have not ruled out selecting Bailey with the number three overall pick in the twenty twenty five draft. Team Phil Bailey has received poor advice during the pre draft process after agent demanded payment for interviews. Ace Bailey reported had Omar Cooper, the father of Sharif Cooper, representing him as an agent. Bailey remains the only US best base prospect yet to visit any teams. Joe, if you could offer, you went through this process, you played fifteen plus years. What's some advice you would give As Bailey if you could talk get his ear uh for me? Man, I would tell him, at least, here's some of these teams are you know, maybe maybe maybe the first few teams that's picking. Maybe he don't even want to be drafted by you know what I mean. But I've had a chance to see As Bailey play in high school and in college. He is gonna be an elite pro and maybe he knows and understands that.
Speaker 1: He probably knows understanding his work.
Speaker 2: But there is a process that we all have to go through when we when we are trying to enter the NBA draft. And I'm not sure what you know his his agent is telling them or what they're thinking. But if I'm Philly, man, it's gonna be hard to pass him up. Yeah, mancuse Philly, that three, That man got a whole lot of game man, and I.
Speaker 1: Could see him fitting in seamlessly.
Speaker 2: With you know, uh Tyrese, Tyrese Aliburton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hope, you get hope you can get and be.
Speaker 2: Back healthy, Tyrese, max In the MB, Tyree's Baxen, not Halibert's say Helabern, Maxic m B and even Paul George. I think you know they gotta they gotta and they got some great young pieces over there too already. But he can flat out score that ball man. He can fly. Yeah, McCain, I think McCain got hurt. McCain, he got hurt. So I thought Philly dealt with a lot of injuries. But add him to that man, that that's that's a good look. He can play all well. I understand Keavin Mavericks ain't working anybody out but Cooper flag So you aren't gonna work out for them anyway now too, san Antonio at three Philly, because you look, san Antonio.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of guards already.
Speaker 2: You know, they got they got a castle, they got vassal, they got a what's the other, uh, Sir Sean d Aaron Fox, The likelihood of them going because how.
Speaker 1: Tall is he a guard? Here? Yeah, he can. He gonna play this too.
Speaker 2: He about six eight, about six eighth, so okay, he he uh, he do a little bit everything.
Speaker 1: He's sixteen, Joe.
Speaker 2: I ain't I didn't stand next to him, but from what I've seen, the man jump ball, he played the point, he did everything. He can rebound outside of his area like and not only that, like he has.
Speaker 1: A pro game already the way he plays.
Speaker 2: If you gonna look at when he played at Rutgers, like, look at the shots that he took, like that man is a hell of a shot maker.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So in the pros, that's what you're looking for. You looking for guys who can make tough shots. He's gonna be a great pro man regardless of where you go. But uh, if Philly passed up on him at the at the three spot, they gonna probably regret that. Yeah, he tried. He tried to pull a Charles Barker. Charles Barker said they wanted him at like two eighty. Charles said, bad, Philly, go check take me. And they ain't got no money till about paying me fifty thousand he said, Man, I ain't leave all but for fifty thousands, he said, bad.
Speaker 1: I went the Seals.
Speaker 2: Little had be like three people, had two baked potatoes, all that bread.
Speaker 1: I waited at two ninety nine, like we still go draft you fast as Look. I wonder is it that he don't want to go to Philly? Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe, but I'm surprised consider that h Rutgers is I mean Jersey right down, I mean you right down the road. But he probably won't. He probably want that instant, that instant uh uh uh, you know, productivity when he coming to the NBA. You know, if he go to Philly, you know, it's still a pecking order. You know, Oh he's joeling b Yeah, I don't care how good he played, it's still gonna be a pecking order.
Speaker 1: Well. Hell, he ain't worked out for nobody, Joe, I know. So I don't know. I give me the top five, give me the top five spot.
Speaker 2: I know Mavericks got one, san Antonio got to Philly got three, who got four and five? I think Hunt has got the fourth pick, Charlotte has four.
Speaker 1: You taed. He ain't really trying to go to another of them? Now, hen't to be out of Joe. He ain't really try to go another deal, but I want you on that.
Speaker 2: It looks but if I'm him, Charlotte might not be a bad spot. Meaning it is this Charlotte. It's gonna be bad. But look, they gotta get some playoffs. They need more players around LaMelo. You already got Melo over there, and Brandon Miller, and you add a Bailey with that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's what he afraid of. He said, I don't want to get added to that. I would have get some tracted from that. See you try to do addition. I've tried to do some tracks. But he gonna be able to put up them numbers that he probably, you know, thinking about putting up. You over there with the hornets, you better put up some numbers. Your numbers will be better over there then they gonna be in Philly. A if if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, doesn't make it sound you scoring thirty in Charlotte. Look at Mello Melo average twenty five, twenty six in Charlotte. The ain't nobody paying no attention to it. That's because they got a win man. You got them in them markets. You gotta win in order to be to get some notoriety, you gotta win. Okay, yeah, yeah, eighth baby. One of the promise for the Sixers before agreed to meet with them, per Jason Domus promise to what he promised?
Speaker 1: What he said that if he if he goes and visits to him.
Speaker 2: He wanted to promise I promise him say yeah, bro, you know question, we're gonna drave you.
Speaker 1: And then like no, we're not gonna drive him. Oh so they wanted a promise. He wanted a promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably felt like he number one pick worthy. But obviously you know you ain't getting that. They're gonna do. Maverick's gonna take Cooper fe Mavick taking Cooper Cooper Flag And maybe in any other draft that might have been a possibility. But after Cooper Flag did what he did on the US elect team and then the type of season.
Speaker 1: That he had, a duke, wouldn't nobody going in front of that kid? Man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, dude, this dude is gonna be a hell of a pro man. I'm not saying that did not, but he gonna go in front of the Cooper of Flag. He ain't going in front the Cooper flag. I understand that, but where he do go I think it does make a difference. Uh Now, I know, I say, you know, Philly, Philly shouldn't pass up on him. But if the way him and his agent is probably thinking at this point, like, man, we want to get you into a situation to where where you can play right away.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So maybe maybe they maybe they turned Philly down because they do want.
Speaker 1: To go to uh uh all of that elsewhere. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Somebody might shoot up the board. But if I'm Charlotte, I ain't passing it right. You can't cause you got you got Dylan Harper. I don't think Dylan Harper Gordon and san Antonio because they got a boat, little guards to begin with, the last thing, the last thing Dylan Harper need is is a is to be in San Antonio with Fox, with Stefan Castle, with so Sean.
Speaker 1: Who do you think they gonna take with that number two? That number two pick?
Speaker 2: Then you think they're gonna you gonna think they're gonna take Dylan Harper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I think they're gonna really yeah.
Speaker 2: Nah, I trade say a Phoenix, I traded give me Kevin Durant, and that's why I think is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's not you know, I think I think at the end that at.
Speaker 2: The end of I think Durant is gonna probably end up going to the Spurs and that's probably gonna send Dylan Harper probably the Phoenix. Because I think the thing is, Look, I would love to see k D and Houston with with Aarmen Thompson and Shing.
Speaker 1: Gooon you bring you bring Van Fleet back.
Speaker 2: So because I think the thing that hurt Houston and Layton games, they ain't got nobody can give it to see what KD.
Speaker 1: You got somebody that you can give it to Layton games.
Speaker 2: Shing Gooon is an All NBA select I mean he went to the All Star Game this year.
Speaker 1: Arm and Thompson. It's a he's rising.
Speaker 2: He coming, Yeah, play tremendous defense, can go get buckets.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 2: You got a four floord general and Van Fleet that's won a championship, knows what it takes to win. I like that they got great pieces. I mean they were the number two CD yep. The thing else I'll be willing to give you one. I give you your Barsmith Junior. I'll give you Jalen Green, but you can't have both of them for k D. Yeah, i'll give you. I'll give you one of them and at a first in our first round pick Phoenix gone go on both of them. No, can't do. They've they've already come down on the asking price. Because the thing is is that you're looking at a situation where they're like, well man, Desmond Bane went for X amount of picks, but Desmond Bank, No, he's not the player that Kevin Durant is. But he's probably seven to ten years younger than Kevin Durant and doesn't have the history of being injured like Kevin Durant. And Orlando was indeed of some shooting yet and some defense on the forerima. Now, yeah, they needed so it's probably they probably more likely over you know, over compensated for him.
Speaker 1: But they and they had a boat.
Speaker 2: But the thing Yil Joe, they're on a handful of teams that had a boatloader pick that could throw out them. San Antonio got a boat little picks, Orlando had a boatlottle picks. Brooklyn got a boatload of picks. So they got Okay, see, so you got ten first round picks, so who'll killed a heck if you give up four of them? And we're looking at with Paulo Bank, Caro Franz, Wagner, Desmond Bang, Jlem Suggs, we gonna be winning, and so that ain't gonna be no lot of the picks anyway. So that's why we left him up protected because you're gonna be picking in the twitter, right, we don't need to protect nothing to twenty right, and I feel like Orlando feel like they time can be now. It can't be right, you know, because looking at the it's why JT's hurt. He's gonna be gone for at least a year. Ah Man Durank going to he going to San Antonio. Yeah, he gonna saying because they you're right, they not gonna, They not gonna. I can't really see a rookie helping san Antonio get to where they're trying to get to at this point because they got so many, they got.
Speaker 1: Enough young player.
Speaker 2: Hell, we'll be only the third really, women will really be a second year because you got he ended up. He played less than half the year, so now he's coming back. You got Castle, who was a rookie last year. Yeah, you got some veteran guys. You got Dearon Foxing, you got Shashan and you got Vassals Kelton Johnson.
Speaker 1: You got some guys. But do you really think.
Speaker 2: A rookie is gonna come and look, I mean in order to like I said, think about the rookies that's helped win a championsh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got Magic Johnson, you got Tim Duncan, and.
Speaker 2: That's Look, but that's that's that's kind of why I'm I'm I'm like when you look at Dallas them taking Cooper Flag, you think Cooper Flag gonna be able to get them back to the finals?
Speaker 1: He too good to fight, He too good to u His projection says, he's too good to pass up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it's it's it's gonna be Uh, it's gonna be interesting next this this next week is gonna be pretty interesting. I think we're gonna see a lot of guys moving around and uh, obviously Durant is probably gonna be one of the first guys, you know, to to to join a new team. And whatever team he joins, H, we know they gonna be favorite. They gonna be one of the favorites anyway, for sure. Uh, what does Fridges is start because you can have I think they got a tampering period in July.
Speaker 1: They can start with your fifth July seven or June thirty. Wow, yeah, so hell eleven days.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's gonna be so small theah yeah, yeah, Fin's gotta get some draft capitol back. But they really want a good. They want a good They want at least one of two players that can come in and play. Right now, Hey, if you just send him to Houston, you get Green and Jabari Smith Jr. I don't think they'll give up both of them. Joe, You don't think so, man, I think they give up one. They weren't really playing Japari like that though. No, No, they weren't really playing.
Speaker 1: Them like that.
Speaker 2: And I feel like if you send him to Phoenix, they'll put him in a spot the word he can flourish rak and succeed, yeah and reach his his What about Jaalen Green de Phoenix? Because him and him and Book is the same type of a guy, I mean, I mean phantasy. The part they need to get Book off the ball, let Book go back there is to let Book do what book does Chris Paul was, I don't know why they got rid of think about this though, if Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Do get Jalen Green, ain't you got Bradley Beal already? That? But what we're doing? Yeah? True? So Jabari Smith will be the one they want. Yeah so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man insider Jake Fisher believe Durant is going to Miami. Joe what can I'm just trying to figure out what can Miami offer that the Sun?
Speaker 1: That? What can they offer the Sun?
Speaker 2: Well? I mean, you got two players, and you don't want to give up either one of them. You don't want to give up Bama. You don't want to give up Tyler Hero. Well, if your action price don win down, do you have some picks? Let me think of a couple of players you can throw all. They ain't got no picks. I know Duncan, Robinson, Hot Smith, Hoimi, Howkas Hobvid. That's why I can't see him going to Miami, because they ain't really got nothing. They gonna give up guys, You're gonna try to keep them. So you compare them with KD. I don't see him going to Miami. Do you think let's just say for the sake of argument for this discussion, he goes to Miami or Miami automatically contending with him Bam and Tyler Hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the East, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Uh oh they got they got they got my young boy over there, kel A whare he got?
Speaker 1: You got some value in him?
Speaker 2: Six eleven seven foot You know he played great this year for.
Speaker 1: The Miami Heat.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah if he if Durank go to Miami, yeah, they gonna be one of the favorites for sure. I think the thing is what happened was matt ishber Ishpa I know went to what I went to the WNB All Star Game, had an opportunity to have some good conversation with it.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is like when you come in, I'm gonna win. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh I'm winning. I'm waring.
Speaker 2: And he made some moves that and you're like, you go back and look at like, if you got Katie, do you really need Bradley? Beal right, you probably need to go get somebody the baby, Go get a big or get somebody that can defend, because you got a bunch of guys that can score and to defend on a nightly basis, you gotta have the you gotta be able to defend. Look at the two teams that's in the final. They got wings that can defend. Yeah, you got Nie Smith, you got them hard, you got set defend, you got math Ron, you got guys that can defend.
Speaker 1: And obviously we know what you got.
Speaker 2: Okay, see with those winging guys, so you got all this offense and you don't got the thing was with Phoenix, they couldn't stop anybody. Yeah, they they could score, but if it's a nip tuck ball game, now, guess what they're getting. Their positions are a lot easier than yours. Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good risk. I think the guys that you put around those three, meaning Devin, Booker, Bill and Durant, I think that's the key. You need guys surrounding those guys who are like blue collar, hard working guys and kind of let them guys just kind of, you know, obviously play but you know score, but uh, you need guys who understand their role man, and they just ain't had I don't feel like they had the right pieces around me.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: I spent all the money on the house, so the furniture gonna be ish. Hey, look ip over budget as it is, Joe, i'p over a budget as it is.
Speaker 1: Look you, I'm telling you I'm the guy. Joe. I got a house.
Speaker 2: My agent, my financial people said, okay, Shallon, I wanted the house in Atlanta. Came to Freak Naked ninety two ninety three, called my agent before I left. I said, man, I moved to I thought you wanted the houses about. I said, man, didn't I tell you y'all want a house house? Somebody find me the house in Atlanta. So they said, at the time, I think I was making bout seven think I'll make it by six hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: So they say, okay, you know you're supposed to get a house.
Speaker 2: You get a house, that's your salary, you know, whatever half of your salary. So I was like, okay, this say Shannon for twenty five, you know, and for twenty five.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So the first house the lady showed me, actually it was Sugar Ray Leonards ex wife.
Speaker 1: What need us? It was her old house.
Speaker 2: I walked in there. It was in Buckhead. Because I was gonna look at Buckhead. I was looking she stopped being Buckhead. Then I was going to Stone Mountain, then I was going to Alphareto.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, But in the.
Speaker 2: House, I walked around, saw that marble, all that, all that radio, saw the fireless staircase. John's like, ooh this night. She said, oh, wait, do you see down? You know, down got a finished basement. I said, really, I ain't never seen no baby before. Joe, I'll be there, Joe, excuse me. I go downstairs, three thousand square foot finished basement.
Speaker 1: So now she's like, okay, this is the first house.
Speaker 2: I was saying to myself, I don't want to see nothing new, yo, I don't want to see nothing else. I'm good, I'm good. She said, no, we we got some other houses we go to see. I said, okay, man, the mother houses and they were really nice. It was all like she was showing me our house. I said, I want to go back. So I said, let's go back to the first house. I cut, I cut to. I saw one. I saw one in bathfrenda and I saw one in them and marry yea. I said, let's go back to the first house. I asked nothing and I saw one in the stole out. I said, let's go back to that first house.
Speaker 1: She drove me. She took me back to the first house.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, yeah, I didn't know that my people had already told her the budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then damn budget and went out the door.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred and eighty thousand over budget, Joe, I had a for two years.
Speaker 1: I had a bed and a TV. You adn't putting some funds in there? Why I don't put it in that with Yeah, that's spend dollar money in the house. You can get I ain't get in. No furniture. I ain't.
Speaker 2: Hey, somebody come up, Hey, Joe, somebody come over. They can fit the living room and go see down on the floor watching TV.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all I add. So that's the thing with you with Phoenix.
Speaker 2: You got Kadie, you got a bill, you got booked, you got out a scr. But you got in is furniture. You ain't got nothing. And and that's why they look the way they've looked. You can't.
Speaker 1: They ain't even made.
Speaker 2: They ain't made the play in so they gotta hey, look, so we one thing we do know is they more than likely or they are gonna trade durant.
Speaker 1: Yes, they got a book. Can't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't seem like because he has a no trade I mean, let's let this sink in. Bradley Bill and Lebron James are the only two players that have a no trade clause.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, so now he control it. You can't trol it, you can't get trade it. He was like, yeah, I wan't gonna trade you. No, I'm not going there all right because I think they we want to go damn because they wanted to get off Bill, but they can't.
Speaker 1: They can't. They can't, so they gotta make it work.
Speaker 2: So that's why I say, ye, you gotta If from Phoenix, I'm going with some young guys who have proven that you know, they can play in this league.
Speaker 1: Aston for me, Houston would be oh Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you I'm saying, if you can get back Green and Parker Jabari Parker like no, Smith, Jabari Smith Jr. Man, that's that'll help your team. Yeah, for sure, that'll help your team. Now, the problem you're gonna have because both of those guys love to score, and you got Bradley Beal with Devin Booker and Jalen Green, you know you might be back in the.
Speaker 1: Same position he was in.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in the same spot. But you do have a big, active, big uh he got. He's gotta eat. He's gonna need to get a little better. I think he will a little bit, a little bit more bricks in his pocket. I think, you know, his limited playtime because you had Shing Goon playing so well. But it's gonna be interesting to see how this thing played out. The one thing we do know, they want to move Kevin Durant. They tried to move back to the trade deadline, and He's like, Noah, let me go ahead and stay here because I come with a lot, yeah, you know, you know, and I'm gonna need some time to integrate. You know, I'm gonna need some some camps and some you know, some uh preseason to get into the floor of things. But man, if he goes to San Antonio, that's gonna be cheating again. Yeah, him and Winby and Castle and Deer and Fox, san Antonio gonna be right back, yeah, because they got that mean Look, okay, see got the picks. He's not going to Okay, see Brooklyn got the picks. He's not going to Brooklyn. San Antonio got picks. Houston got some picks and they got some players. See Houston have Houston and San Antonio have picks and players.
Speaker 1: That's why I think this is gonna be one of them two teams. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: He already said he wanted to go to what Texas or team with no state tax?
Speaker 1: Yep, Texas. Uh the Spurs rockets heat.
Speaker 2: There you go. I don't see the heat. I don't see the heat happening. I don't think they got enough.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't either. I don't either.
Speaker 2: But uh, to help Phoenix, you know, fulfill anything to get to get back some that's worth the value for Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: So I don't really see that in Miami. I don't see it. The volume