Speaker 1: All right here it is Monday.
Speaker 2: We're kicking it off with a brand new episode on our second day.
Speaker 1: So thanks so much for being here. I hope you had a good weekend. And what do we got for comments?
Speaker 2: Yes, Tim Boy said, this is the only thing that gets me through my days.
Speaker 3: Is a FedEx driver shout out from Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Please stop moving here. Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah delivery Yeah okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, and before we get into the second date, I do have to say hi to Lily and Stella. Were two high schoolers who chased me down at a kid's event. I was at this week event, so they wrote me a poem even yes, yes, no, they just recited it to me. It was a live performance. You had to be there, So hey, thanks for listening. And your second date starts right now.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 4: You know, if you search Brooke and Jeffrey on YouTube, you might get a case of mistaken identity.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: Even get me started with those stupid AI videos of us.
Speaker 4: There are so many weird copycats that use fake AI generated images of me and Brook.
Speaker 1: It might look like I'm about to sell you a car. It's done by AI.
Speaker 4: Isn't bad Brook when your AI doppelganger has botox?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes it is and somehow lip filler, Like what is happening?
Speaker 5: At least AIU is doing good self care?
Speaker 1: It's the one where I was in a sequin jacket for someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sequence is making a comeback.
Speaker 4: But what happens if you get a case of mistaken identity when you're on a first date?
Speaker 5: Oh that's how today's.
Speaker 4: Caller Noah landed himself here on our show this morning. Noah, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Man? I'm all right, how you guys doing?
Speaker 2: I feel like somebody went out with the wrong person on this date, just the way Jeff set it up.
Speaker 4: I mean your emails. There was some kind of weird mix up that happened during your date. Why don't you run us through it?
Speaker 6: All right? So I matched with this really cute girl online. She was just my type. She's got dark, curly hair. It works out you tell from her profile picks. She's about five foot four. It's like exactly my type. All right.
Speaker 4: That looks like one of Brooks AI doppelgangers that I've seen before too, So I get probably Yeah, okay, So you were attracted.
Speaker 6: Attracted, and then we were messaging each other back and forth on the app. So we just tried to meet up at this bar that's like right by where I work, and it's usually busy. There's a good vibe around there. So I get there early and I'm sitting there and I'm waiting and this woman comes up to me. She gives me a big hug. She says, hey, how are you. Yeah, she's like very warm, it's very comfortable, and so she sits down and we start having our conversations.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, what's your name, miss brown curly haired goddess?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll get to that hang on. Okay, So meeting people on the apps, you go to the profile, You memorize some things that are on their profile so that you could bring it up, and it's part of topics conversation, right, So I know she's into yoga, she likes guys with great sense as of humor, and she likes starts chocolate. And I'm bringing all of this stuff up and yeah, it's not registering, she said, I'm getting all of these things wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh what Oh? Is she one of those that used AI to set up her profiles?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, so about fifteen minutes into the conversation, we both realized that we met the wrong person. No coincidentally, we both set up dates at the same restaurant at the same time, and I guess our dates we both kind of looked enough like each other to where we can mistake each other.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: She thought she was meeting up with a different guy too, exactly.
Speaker 6: And this girl, the first girl I met with, her name was Chloe.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, the original, the original curly brown hair girl is Chloe.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no. The second, the mistaken girl is name's Clote.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So now you're on a date with Chloe that was completely not.
Speaker 6: Planned right exactly. So we're like, oh, shoot, we have our dates that we're supposed to meet and they're probably here waiting for us.
Speaker 4: Oh God, what was your feeling about that? Were you laughing about it? Were you mortified?
Speaker 6: Like it was very funny, but it also kind of sucked too, because like I was having such a good time and I realized that, like, this is not the person who I'm supposed to be here with, and you don't want to stand the.
Speaker 2: Other person up and it kind of looks like you planned a date before your date.
Speaker 1: Now if the next girl.
Speaker 5: Sees you, yeah, so what's your move.
Speaker 6: So we're both kind of just processing what's happening, and we both realize, oh my god, we need to go looking for our date.
Speaker 1: What if you find a third one?
Speaker 5: Are you a girl who's into yoga and like stark chocolate?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they're everywhere. I kind of hope they're on a date. Like you find them together, you know, the abound each other. Everybody looks alike.
Speaker 6: Well, the problem is that hurt date. She ended up finding out that her date ditcher.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a part of you that wants to do that to the person you were supposed to meet.
Speaker 1: Since you're having such a Chloe.
Speaker 5: You can stay on your date.
Speaker 6: Well that was the thing. I felt like the gentlemanly thing to do was to continue on with the date that I had set up and not ditch the first thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's the right thing. Yeah, I mean it's the right thing. I mean a real gentleman would have said, hey, come join this date.
Speaker 5: It's now a triple date. Yeah I can handle to it once.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, Yeah, I think you guys watched too many adult films.
Speaker 5: Oh, there's no such thing as too many go on.
Speaker 6: So okay, So I go back to Chloe. I give her a hug, and I tell her like, I'm really sorry, but I asked her. I was like, how about you give me your phone number? Because we had such a good connection. Okay, all right, She gave me her phone number, and then I went along on my original date and that date went, It went okay, it was fine.
Speaker 1: Oh but you were thinking about Chloe the whole time, weren't you.
Speaker 6: Well, there just wasn't that same connection there. Yeah, And I don't know if that messed me up or whatever, but yeah, it just wasn't the same.
Speaker 1: It was just natural and fun with Chloe.
Speaker 4: But just asking as a question, because I don't know as a woman, would it seemed douchey if a guy was like, Hey, I'm going to go leave to meet with another girl, but before that, can I get your number?
Speaker 5: No, that doesn't come off.
Speaker 1: As we get ready to get dressed up leave her house, and I get a nice thing that he didn't stand her up the situation, and she.
Speaker 4: Did actually go, oh he still has respect for the other girl.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what dating is, right, talking to meeting and seeing who's out there.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to Chloe since?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have. I texted her a little bit, but she doesn't reply too much, like her responses are very short.
Speaker 5: I guess you really need our help.
Speaker 4: Then when we come back and we call Chloe, the girl you weren't supposed to go out with but ended up connecting with anyway.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't like chocolate or yoga that's not her thing or humor. Yeah, that was the other girl's say.
Speaker 4: We'll make sure to bring none of that in the conversation when we do your second date update.
Speaker 2: Right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: Let's recap real quick.
Speaker 4: Our listener Noah had a case of mistaken identity where he was scheduled to meet up with a dark chocolate, yoga loving woman with dark curly hair, and instead found himself chatting with a dark curly haired woman who doesn't like chocolate and is more into pilates.
Speaker 1: Oh did you say that?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know about that last part. I'm just assuming they're different.
Speaker 4: But it was all an accident and they both realized fifteen minutes in and they were there.
Speaker 5: With the wrong people. Yeah, so out of.
Speaker 4: Just pure respect, Noah decided he should go and find his original date and spend some time with her. But he promised to arrange a future hang out with Chloe. Unfortunately that is not materialized, and that's where he's hoping we can step into help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I sink in it may not be your fault at all.
Speaker 5: It's not my fault.
Speaker 2: Talking about what's his name, No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about Noah. I don't think it's Noah's fault, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he's a thing like her original date stood her up, remember, Yeah, so she left that night probably feeling pissed off and like you just kind of got wrapped up into it, right, Yeah, Like.
Speaker 5: Her memory of the night's bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why she won't hang out with me for another day.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 5: I could have been the last straw.
Speaker 6: I hate to be that guy, but like there is a straw, and she may just be done with dating app.
Speaker 1: Yes deleted the app.
Speaker 4: Yes, this was the last chance that she was given and it fell flat.
Speaker 5: So she has sworn off men forever.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're hoping.
Speaker 2: Isn't. It's sad.
Speaker 5: That's what the world's come to. But here we are.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm hopeful too, but it's been like a few weeks and I just I don't know. I don't know what you guys can do.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll get answers at least, let's see if it could be a little bit less hopeful, because it puts a lot of pressure on me and I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I can do that.
Speaker 5: Beautiful. Okay, I'm gonna die the number. Here we go, hopefully, Chloe answers.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, Chloe, this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, by good morning.
Speaker 1: Probably a little shocked to hear a radio show calling you. It's not an everyday thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm confused.
Speaker 5: Good, that's exactly how we want you to be.
Speaker 1: That was so crazy.
Speaker 5: What are you on today? Dark Chocolate?
Speaker 4: I get that you're confused. This is totally weird that a radio show's calling you. But we're doing a segment called a second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay, why why are you calling me?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess you didn't officially go out on a date with this guy, but yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Was it was like kind of a half date and accidental date with one of our listeners named Noah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I remember Noah Okay.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he said it's been a couple of weeks since you guys have talked, so.
Speaker 3: I mean that's not entirely true, like we've been texting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he mentioned that you are texting, but it's been kind of sparse where you don't seem very interested in hanging out with him.
Speaker 5: That's the vibe that he's getting.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I guess it just seemed like he maybe liked somebody else more.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the original date he was supposed to be on.
Speaker 3: Oh he told you about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he filled us in on how there was kind of a mix up for both of you and you arrived at the I.
Speaker 1: Mean, what a funny coincidence.
Speaker 2: You two walk in both looking for a first date you've never met, and you end up sitting with each other on accident like that.
Speaker 3: Early people, it was kind of strange how that happened. But yeah, it just kind of felt like he was just a little more into the other date.
Speaker 1: How could you tell.
Speaker 3: I promise I'm I'm not crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, we'll start.
Speaker 1: I'm not crazy, but where are we going?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: So first I just want to say, like I fully supported him going on his original date. That was the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: So it didn't bother you that he didn't stand her up.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't bother me off. But after I said goodbye to him, I kind of maybe didn't leave the bar.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just going to be paid for you. Why would you do if you're not going to see anything you like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was just like, when else am I going to get another opportunity to like see if the way he was with me was the way he actually is, or like if he was putting on a front or whatever. So it was a very busy bar. He didn't see me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely didn't see you.
Speaker 2: He definitely what did you see?
Speaker 3: He was like smiling at her, and it seemed like they were connecting, like just as well as he connected with me. And like after a while he like put his hand on her leg and like after they left, and maybe kind of followed them a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, okay, far down might as well keep seeing.
Speaker 1: No, you followed them down the street.
Speaker 3: I mean not like down the street like they left, So I left and I was able to like watch where they went, and they only went like half a block and there was like a flower bender there, and he bought her a flower and he kissed her cheeks.
Speaker 2: Oh you went straight, Pi and the investigator.
Speaker 4: Are you sure you didn't misread that as a rejection? Flower like this was a nice date. Here you go, goodbye forever.
Speaker 3: No, it was actually like really sweet. But it just felt like, you know, he was really really liking her. And so when he texted me later, he was like, oh, I was thinking about you the whole time, and like that just felt disingenuous. It didn't look like he was thinking about anything other than that date that he was on.
Speaker 2: It looked like something though, right, Like maybe he was putting effort in and trying on the date, but that doesn't mean he wasn't thinking about you.
Speaker 4: He called that, Yeah, he was probably imagining that she was you.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 5: He gave you a flower, yeah, and he kissed you. That was a practice.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. That's creepy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know. You just forget that I say that.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just trying to guess, because look, the whole reason that we're doing this.
Speaker 1: Who's listening in?
Speaker 3: Maybe there are you?
Speaker 4: He is the one that wanted us to call you because he felt that strongly about your connection. And he's actually on the other line right now, secretly spying in on this conversation, just like you did.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't get upset?
Speaker 6: Hey, So all right, I guess Hi, Noah, what are you doing? Look? I was just trying to get in touch with you because I just wanted to know what happened. And like, I'm I'm really sorry to do this, but I do have to kind of come clean on the whole situation.
Speaker 1: What what about? What?
Speaker 6: Well? All of those things that she described did happen, But like, I didn't have a second date with her. I asked her out for a second date and she turned me down.
Speaker 5: Would you what?
Speaker 1: Would you admit.
Speaker 2: Your first So the reason you're calling Chloe is because the girl you were actually interested in, did you yes, broke No.
Speaker 6: Honestly I would have been okay with either one of them.
Speaker 2: Actually, Oh well, thank you girl Field special the other girls on the line to listen to this.
Speaker 4: I've heard that in a rom com movie once, though, I think it worked.
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we were doubting that you were reading his date, right.
Speaker 6: I know what I'm talking about, dude, sir, you be honest.
Speaker 4: If the other girl would have said yes to a date, would you even be on a phone with us right now hunting her down?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Maybe, I don't know. I'm going to speak hypothetically like that.
Speaker 4: You told us the entire time you were hanging out with the other girl, Chloe was the only person on your mind.
Speaker 5: That's what you told us.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, was disingenuous.
Speaker 6: No, no, it wasn't disingenuous because she had ditched me by that point. That's why. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, as a positive to you, he hasn't up you stalking him once as a red flat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, actually tell you. I thought that was kind of hot. Nobody's done that to me. Okay, that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: Why would you want somebody following you?
Speaker 4: Weird?
Speaker 5: She's like, look, I'm weird.
Speaker 1: What you do?
Speaker 5: Don't like me when I'm like that, like me when I'm normal.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if you guys would actually be a really good match or a total nightmare together.
Speaker 4: Gave me a good match If none of this would have happened, and you guys were just going off your personalities.
Speaker 6: I agree we would make a great match, because I'm not with that girl anymore. She rejected.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got leave it in the past.
Speaker 5: It's done. Stop bringing it up. Nobody wants me. Why don't you.
Speaker 1: Want to go out?
Speaker 6: I don't know how else I can make it clear that I'm not dating anybody else.
Speaker 4: You have to All you have to do is focus on Chloe going forward.
Speaker 5: If she's even willing to give you a chance.
Speaker 4: Here, come on, Chloe, and I'm gonna go ahead and ask her whether it's a good idea or not. Because Chloe, we would like to offer to send you out with Noah one more time, and we would pay for that date.
Speaker 3: You're willing to be honest, I really did like him, but I'm nobody's second choice.
Speaker 6: No, you're not my second choice, You're my only choice.
Speaker 5: I think it sounded more romantic in your head.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. I don't think any man in the history of this segment has ever made himself look less attractive to an entire gender than what we just witnessed there. We tried to take his shovel away, but he kept on digging the hole deeper and deeper for himself.
Speaker 5: I literally could have called.
Speaker 4: This back and go, hey, I just wanted to clarify that I was rejected.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know this is a hard concept for a lot of men to grasp, but sometimes the best thing you could say is nothing.
Speaker 5: Shut up.
Speaker 4: Take the phrase you're my only option out of your dating because it turns out nobody finds that romantic.
Speaker 1: No no, and that actually doesn't matter about gender. Yeah, that applies to all.
Speaker 4: Just don't well except for one person, well us. Yeah, if we're your only option to help with your dating life, we are flattered. Yes, call us, call us, email the show, and we will call that person who is not calling you back your that's right. Go find all of our second date podcasts are up online wherever you get yours.
Speaker 5: Abrooke and Jeffrey