Speaker 1: You're listening to Jojo Sea Now with Me, Jojo Siua and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome to JoJo's See One Now.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is I'm about to deep dive into one of the biggest, most adult experiences that I have experienced in all of my experiences. I for the very first time moved, not only moved, but I moved to a whole nother state all by myself. Uh.
Speaker 2: It's been kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: So about five weeks ago, I got a phone call and it was from my favorite people ever over at Fox, the TV network, and they called me and well, actually, okay, let me not be dramatic. They called my agent and they said, Hi, we are doing so you think you can dance season eighteen.
Speaker 2: We want Joju to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: I definitely would have never like just picked up and moved to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That wasn't for this show.
Speaker 1: And so when this opportunity came, I was like, Okay, this is interesting. This is definitely definitely a first. But here here we go.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Uh? I think for me, honestly, post Special Forces, I haven't really been afraid of much. And it's weird because I always thought like doing something like this, moving to a new city by myself. Like I thought that to me would be scary, but it really hasn't been. I mean there's like the double fear of like, oh, I don't have any friends here, and like, oh, I don't know where anything is here, But then it's like but I don't really I don't. I'm not really affected by it.
Speaker 2: I was more so excited.
Speaker 1: And I, you know, I make sure that I take like all the right safety precautions. You know, I don't go anywhere alone past dark, I don't. I make sure my doors are locked. I make sure that I have my phone right by me. I make sure that I have extra security on my door. I made sure before I got here that my complex was secure and that there was security, and there is and it's in a good area.
Speaker 2: And I don't go out.
Speaker 1: I don't hang out with bad people. I try to make sure that I take enough safety precautions to where I can be here and I can fall asleep at night and I can feel safe in my own space.
Speaker 2: I think that's a.
Speaker 1: Massive thing that was a big question for a lot of people, is how do you feel safe?
Speaker 2: And I think for me it's just kind of.
Speaker 1: Like, eh, you know, I just gotta take as many precautions as I can and hope for the best.
Speaker 2: I think that's a big thing that I always do, I said, just kind of hope for the best.
Speaker 1: There are moments where I've definitely been like, Wow, this is what it's like to be in a big city by yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, sick, but uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have a lot of friends that are in like two hour distance, so if anything, if I needed anybody, I.
Speaker 2: Could call somebody that's fairly close.
Speaker 1: But genuinely, overall, it has just been such a cool experience trying to figure all this out so quickly, all at once.
Speaker 2: So then my.
Speaker 1: Agent called me was like, hey, so, so you think it has Season eighteen in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Are you down?
Speaker 1: And I was like, of course, what is it? And you know, they told me the week and a half and I was like, oh, so, like it's happening now we're moving to Atlanta And they were like you're moving to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: And I was like sick, Okay, great, got it, tell them yes.
Speaker 1: But now I just got to kind of figure out how I want to be when I'm there, you know, do I want to There was an option of I could fly back and forth, fly in for work, then go right back home to LA and then there was the option of an AIRBNBA a house.
Speaker 2: There was an option of a hotel, and then I.
Speaker 1: Ultimately decided that an apartment was actually going to be the best for my situation because I really wanted to you know, I'm here for six weeks, and so I was like, I really want to have the vibe of like, oh, it's homey, and like I can cook, I can clean, I can do laundry, whereas if I was in a hotel, it would be more like room service and housekeeping and like sending out my laundry and you know, honestly, originally my game plan.
Speaker 2: Was hotel or house, big house, Airbnb, and then.
Speaker 1: I kind of realized, like, oh, look, I want to be in a new city by myself.
Speaker 2: Do I really want to be in a house all alone? And I ultimately decided no.
Speaker 1: And then working out too is another massive part of my life, and I realized that if I was in a house, I would have to go to a gym, versus being in a hotel or an apartment, I would have access to a fitness center closer to me, and so then I was like, all right, let's go to the hotel route. Then I found a hotel that I liked. It was in this really cool little area that I was like, oh, yeah, I would like to live there. So I was looking around on like a satellite map, like on Apple Maps, right, and I was looking on the area, exploring, saying restaurants, saying shops that were in this area to kind of get if I get a feel if I was gonna like what it was like. And as I was doing that, I saw this building and I was like, well, what's this hotel? I'm thinking it was another hotel, and it actually was apartments. So then as soon as I saw that, I knew. I mean, at this point, I only had about a week until the move. So I called the apartment complex and I was like, Hi, I never be myself when I first call people, especially like this, because it's just it's like a security thing, right, And so I was like, Hi, my name is Jesselyn. I represent Jojo Sewa. She's coming into film TV show for a few weeks. She's looking at living at your complex.
Speaker 2: Is that something that you guys do?
Speaker 1: Faked it till I made it that I was some representative of Jojo Cia. I always just play Jesslain because it's my mom and I can just like say that name fast and just flows off the tongue. And then yeah, ended up getting a proof of the apartment so fast. I when I tell you, I had so many people helping me, being like Dad, like give me all this information, Mom giving all this information. Hey, I need some information from you. I need some information from you, Bank, I.
Speaker 2: Need this, that, this and that. Everyone was so helpful and so on the ball.
Speaker 1: And we made it happen, got up room for an apartment, and literally less than a week moved in. It was great, but now let me tell you, the expectation versus reality of moving was whack.
Speaker 2: So now I am a little bit of an idiot.
Speaker 1: And I planned a trip to Boston like three days before I was supposed to move to go see my friends in the Dance and with the Stars tour.
Speaker 2: So I planned to go to Boston and I was like, look, it's gonna be fine. I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 1: All I gotta do is like pack some clothes and like pack some things for the TV show.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna be I'm gonna be fine, right, So I go to Boston, I come home to LA for.
Speaker 1: A few days, and I got like two days now before I leave, cause I my whole family, mom, dad, brother, and my brother's girlfriend was all in Orlando at the time, and my parents were just there visiting, and so I had LA all to myself, our households and myself. But I wanted to go to Florida to kind of see everybody before I moved to Atlanta. And so I had about two days at home, and in those two days, I realized, oh shit, there is a lot more stuff that I need to bring than I really realize. And that was because of filming the TV show. You know. Of course, I realized like, oh, I have to bring my outfits, and I have to bring, you know, socks and shoes. But like, for example, one of the craziest things that I realized, like, oh, I got to figure out how I want to take these and fast and compact is rhinestones. Every day I ran stone my ears for earrings, I ride some my face for makeup by Ryanstone outfits and Ryan Stones are not easy to travel with. And so when I opened my rhinestone drawer at my house. I was like, oh, no, how am I going to get you guys to Atlanta?
Speaker 2: So I packed them up.
Speaker 1: Quick and then it was just like everything. I was like, Oh, I didn't realize that I needed like this much stuff. And then that also that carried along to when I get to Atlanta at.
Speaker 2: The stores and stuff. But that's that's coming deeper into the story.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I got all my stuff figured out at home, ended up shipping like seven suitcases, ended up traveling with just a carry on. If I can travel on an airplane with just to carry on on, it is the greatest day of my life. Ugh. It's literally my favorite thing ever. Not having to wait aut baggage claim. There is nothing better than not having to wait at baggage claim. H. So I go to Boston, back to LA and then I now make the journey to Florida, where I am there for literally twenty four hours before I make my trip to Atlanta, and then boom, I am in Atlanta. This new world starts literally and I am just like, what is happening. First thing that I do when I land is I take a car service to the set of So you think you can dance to go.
Speaker 2: Get my car or that I'll have Well, I'm here now.
Speaker 1: When I found out I was gonna be here, I asked if I could get a car. It's not way I could drive myself around in production has been lovely and they were like, oh, of course, what kind of car do you want?
Speaker 2: And like you want a big car? Do you want a small car? Like what do you like? And I was like, oh, I like like a big car, like a mom car.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, wait, actually, since it's so temporary, you know what I've always wanted.
Speaker 2: And they were like what, And I was like, a truck? Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it possible at all in any world to get a truck? And everyone thought I was crazy, but I got a truck, and so the first truck I'm I'm now on my third truck since being here. There's there's reasons why. But my first truck was awesome. It was so nice. It was a Chevy Silverado. I loved her.
Speaker 2: She was amazing.
Speaker 1: Now picked her up and it is raining in Atlanta and there's no.
Speaker 2: Cover on the back.
Speaker 1: So I'm planning on going and buying all my things from my apartment, making the trips making the journey around town and there's no cover on the back houd. I'm I gonna get all these things right? How am I gonna store them in the car? So I see a Chevy dealership and now I've never dealt with a truck. I've never put a back on a truck. I don't even know where to go to buy the back of a truck, right. So I go to a Chevy dealership cause it's IC and I was like, all right, this sounds like my work. So I walk in and I'm.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm like this little.
Speaker 1: For for a little girl, right, And they're like, hi, uh, can I help you know? I'm in the dealership board and I was like, I gotta buy a back for the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh yeah, okay, you just go right over to service. And I was like, oh, I am in the right place, okay, sick. So I nailed it. And then I go over and I tell the other guy the same story. And I have a car.
Speaker 1: It's just a rental, but I gotta get it back for it, says all right.
Speaker 2: So he gets it. I pay for it.
Speaker 1: He brings it out to the car, he chucks in the trunk and I was like, is it pretty self explanatory on how to put it on?
Speaker 2: And he was like, yeah, no, you'll be totally fine. It's like a normal one. And I was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Cut to me an hour later, still can't figure out how to put it on.
Speaker 2: I am in the.
Speaker 1: Rain, wet, cold, trying to figure out how to put this back of the cover on a truck on for literally an hour. It's not working. It's backwards, it's upside down. Everything that's going wrong is going wrong right. So then I finally look up a YouTube video, which I should have just started with, but I was stubborn. Let it happen, and so whatever. I finally looked up a video, got it set on the back, figured it out, screwed it and nailed it, unraveled it, put it on, realize it was for the wrong size truck. I just wasted an hour of my life for nothing.
Speaker 2: It's the wrong size.
Speaker 1: So I take it back in and I tell the guy, I'm like, you're never gonna belave it. It's the wrong size, and he was like, no, it's not, and I was like.
Speaker 2: No, it is. I was like trust me. I was like, trust me.
Speaker 1: When I tell you this thing is the wrong size. And so he comes out to look at and he's like, oh yeah, it's the wrong size. It's like, yeah, night, I know. So I give it back to him and he was like, look, it's missboxed, and I was like, yeah, yeah, sure, and it actually was miss.
Speaker 2: Box but he was like, I need here. Another dealership has it. Here's the address.
Speaker 1: Go there, Okay, So he calls the other dealership. They put it on hold for me, and I go to the other dealership. It is not another dealership. It is a car manufacturing warehouse. I'm talking like an acre acres maybe multiple of a land of these massive warehouses of every car part you could ever imagine. There is like just it is actually psycho. It reminds me kind of the place where they made my tour props. Like it was like massive, and I was like, where are the am I right now? But we just kept going with it. So I found some guy that worked there and I was like, hey, so apparently I'm here to pick up a back of a Chevy's Somerado and they were like, uh, we don't do that over here.
Speaker 2: You gotta go over there. And I was like all right.
Speaker 1: So I go over to the like office side, and the guy was like, oh yeah, I know I got the call.
Speaker 2: And he was like, so you need the four footer and I was like, no, no, I need the five footer. And he was like, well, we don't have the five footer. And I was like, oh hell.
Speaker 1: I was like all right, just come take a peek at the truck and like tell me what you got and like tell me if.
Speaker 2: Anything can looks.
Speaker 1: So it comes and looks and he's like, oh no, the guy was wrong, you need the we have the four footer. And I was like, homeboy told me the five footer. It was just a mess. Anyways, he got the right part. I put it on again. It took about another hour because this one was a little different, but figured it out, nailed it, and we are good to go. I am now though three hours delayed on my plans.
Speaker 2: For the day. I was planning on going to all these stores and it we're now we.
Speaker 1: Are now almost into the night, and I am just like, all right, new game plan. Now here's the thing. My game plan on how I thought this was gonna go. This move changed every single step of the way. I don't know why I kept trying to plan it out because it never stuck to the plan. But initially my game plan was to go to three stores. I was gonna go to Target, the Container Store, and a store called at Home. I was gonna look at everything, take pictures of things that I liked, and then go back to the stores and buy all of those things.
Speaker 2: That plan went to absce loot shit.
Speaker 1: So I ended up at Target first, and I'm in this Target, I'm like, wow, I could just do everything here. So I started to buy everything, put it all in my cart, and then I was like, nope.
Speaker 2: You know what, I gotta stick to the plan.
Speaker 1: So then put everything back and I was like, we're gonna just take pictures of everything that I like. So then I took pictures of everything I like, went to the Container Store, started doing the same thing. Then I was like, you know what, no, I'm over this. I'm just gonna buy buy things. I see it, I like it, I wanted, I got it, just ariy on a Grande that put it in the car and just buy it.
Speaker 2: So then I started buying things.
Speaker 1: I didn't really realize I guess how many things I needed, and I wanted everything to be so organized. Something in my head told me that the only thing that I needed was like plates, cups forks, knife, spoons, bowls, not realizing that you need I mean a paper towel holder. I'm looking around right now, a spatula, bowls, uh, pots, pans, jars, uh, a knife, kids, spatula freakin for me, a juice or a blender, a coffee maker. Now, I was very smart in pre ordering some things, so like my furniture from my apartment, I was able to rent for the majority of it. I have a couch that isn't rented and a chair that isn't rented that I actually bought because the original couch that I rented just turned out to be a disaster, and so I bought one and someone that's back there.
Speaker 2: Now it's chillin. It's it's very cozy and comfy, and I really like it.
Speaker 1: But then I also did a target pickup order. Right that was one of the best things that I did. I did a pickup order for everything that I knew I would not need to pick out. Example, trash bags, a ziploc baggies. There are just some things that you know from your past that you know you like you don't even need to question what brand of trash bags you want, what kind of swiffer you want. You just know you need it, go pick it up. So that was something that I did that was really smart. There was like ninety items in that just it all adds up. It's from toilet paper and paper towels, a scrub Dowdy scrubber, shampoo condition er, baby lotion, like literally everything you could think of that you don't need to pick out.
Speaker 2: Somehow, there was ninety things in there. So that was a little bit crazy and overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Then once I realized that, like, oh wait, I want this to be like really cool and really organized, then I realized, oh shit, I'm getting myself in a pickle because I went to the container store right and I was like, all right, well, I want my fridge to be like trendy and like all in containers. But then I was like, oh, now I have to like size the fridge and I have to like think about what I'm gonna want it. And so I started doing that, and then I was like, you know what, let's just go buy the containers and we'll figure out what we're gonna put in them later. So I just bought so many containers for the fridge, just chucked them all in the cart. Was like, you know what, we're gonna do this and hope for the best. Somehow it ended up all like being literally perfect. I don't know how, but somehow, by the grace of God, the fridge turned out amazing.
Speaker 2: The pantry, on the other hand.
Speaker 1: I actually had a hair more structure for so I did it a little bit in reverse. I bought all the containers first and then all of the food second. Because I'm a very I'm a very planned out person. I eat the same foods. I don't really venture out of my comfort zones. And so with my pantry, right, I bought I found this little like label sheet in the container store that had like labels for your containers, and so I went through that right and I was like, oh, I need a container for oatmeal, I need a container for flour, I need a container for supplements, and like all of that was on that list. I kind of went through that and like checked that off as I was shopping, and then I was like, screw it, We're just gonna get like three extra of every size.
Speaker 2: Worst case, we'll take it back.
Speaker 1: And then I came home, put them all on in the pantry, organize it all, and then put on sticky notes what I wanted in each of the containers. And then I made a list of what was on those sticky notes to make sure that I bought at the store. Then I also did the same thing for the fridge. I was like, wait, that's a genius idea. Let me do that over here. So now I have all these random cabinets of the fridge I just fit and I was like, all right, let me structure this out. Let me get what I want, let me put things in, Let me put things.
Speaker 2: In order that I want them.
Speaker 1: And I had like these little like jug milk things, and so I wrote down on each of them like a my milk, regular milk, apple, grape juice, like I had very very structured now.
Speaker 2: So then oh gosh, this is this is a little I'm now I'm talking a little bit in reverse. So before I did.
Speaker 1: The sticky notes and stuff, I had bought in all that stuff. So all of this happened on day two. The target pickup happened on day two. The whole like container store hall, Target Hall buying.
Speaker 2: All the things that all happened on day two.
Speaker 1: Also on day two, I went to a store called at Home, and there's where I got like my pillows, my link, it's my bedding, my towels. That's like where I really went in on that. I got some artworks and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And so my car is stuffed full.
Speaker 1: Thank god I got the back for the truck because it was stuffed right.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So I come home and it starts downpouring. Now where I park is I don't need to, but I like to park on the rooftop. It's really fun for me, and it's just one of those small things that I enjoy. It's I don't live on that floor, but I was like, you know what, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a vibe. So I puck up on the rooftop and so I, you.
Speaker 1: Know, started carry all my things in and it started to downpour, and I was like, all right, we gotta move the car closer. So I moved the car closer, and I was like, you know what, We're gonna take one load in and take the betting in, get a good night's sleep, call it a day. So then I brought the bedding in and I put it down and I look around, and I was like, no, I got too much energy for this right now. So it's now midnight at this point in time, and I was like, fuck it.
Speaker 2: Bringing everything in.
Speaker 1: That was the stupidest idea I could have ever come up with. What Actually though, I guess I was smart because if I had to do it at during the daytime, I think I would have like run into a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people and that would have been like worse. Okay, so vo v Now I'm bringing in loads of things. It took me an.
Speaker 1: Hour and a half to bring it all in and walk it all to my apartment, and so I kind of shopped myself on the foot by being like really ambitious because what I did is I parked the car and I brought it all into the building. And it was one in the morning, so no one was around and I was making sure I was being super quiet.
Speaker 2: But then once it was all in the building, I was like, yes, I did it.
Speaker 1: Then I realized that I had to walk it all to my apartment, and now everyone told me buy a wagon, buy a cart, and like, yes, I should have, but I kind of loved the adventure of like having to haul it all, and so I carried absolutely everything and it I got like fifteen thousand steps in an hour and a half. It was gnarly. It was gnarally like, actually insane, actually crazy.
Speaker 2: Got it all in my apartment.
Speaker 1: Now the floor's covered, you can't see anything. It was stupid, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And then cut to I put everything away and it was all great, And then I wake up the next in I was like, all right, today today we get the drum kit, and today we get groceries.
Speaker 2: Right now, at the.
Speaker 1: Same point in time, I was like, nothing has calm crashing and burning yet, Like everything's been good, everything's been successful, everything's been fairly easy. I mean, like the truck you gave me a little bit of problems, but like nothing's been like awful.
Speaker 2: Right, I go to a guitar center to.
Speaker 1: Pick up this lovely, very expensive drum kit that I have been very patiently waiting for for a very long time.
Speaker 2: It's a super nice drum kit.
Speaker 1: It h gives the acoustic drum kit feel, but it's actually an electric drum kit, so that way it won't annoy my neighbors.
Speaker 2: It's completely wireless. I mean, it's one of a kind.
Speaker 1: There's not many in the world right now, it's very new. Finally got myself to buy it because I was like, it'll be a good treat for here. I go to the store, go to buy it. They're like, oh, one of the.
Speaker 2: Boxes is missing.
Speaker 1: What So now they're like, give us a second, we're gonna look around for it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So they got four out of five boxes for this drum kit, and I am just like, this is this is what's coming crashing down.
Speaker 2: The drum kit, the.
Speaker 1: One thing that like has been my prize. But I was like, you know what, We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Turns out it was the basic hardware kit that they were missing. It's the same DW hardware kit that like literally just sells on the shelf.
Speaker 2: It just comes with this kit. And so I was like all right.
Speaker 1: They ended up realizing that two hours later, spent like two hours in guitars that are drumming on an acoustic set. It was honestly a great time, but very stressful. Got the kit, got all loaded in the car. Now this drum kit, it's a five pe drum kit plus all the symbols high hat hardware, and then the stool as well, and in the amp, and so that comes in about ten boxes. And because it is electric and wireless, it is insanely.
Speaker 2: Heavy, like actual insane heavy.
Speaker 1: The hardware set itself is I mean probably like, let me not.
Speaker 2: Be dramatic, like one hundred and fifty to two hundred pounds. It is very heavy.
Speaker 1: If I was being dramatic about it, I would said two fifty to three hundred, but it's definitely not that. I would say it's one hundred to two hundred super heavy. So then after carrying in all the groceries, not the groceries, the like equipment for the house, the storage stuff and all that, then it was time to carry in this drum kit. And it all just took way longer than expected, but we ended up doing it. We carried it all in, we got the drum kit set up, and we were finally good. Now this is the night, this is the night that I decided I am finishing. I am over unpacking, I am over this storage, I'm over the drum kit, I'm over groceries.
Speaker 2: I want to be done, settled, moved in. So it is now eight pm at night, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, let's go to the grocery store, because that was the one thing that I had left to do. It was go get groceries, and then everything that I wanted for the apartment was going to be here, not all put away, not all done, but it was gonna be in the building.
Speaker 2: So it's like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: So I go to the apartment, I go to the store, I go get my groceries, and literally an hour and a half, I buy everything you need, everything right, walk up and down every aisle, grab it all. Make sure I have all the things that were on my list. I did great, tried to not do more, but of course it's me. Of course I bought extra things. Then I had to carry all of that back into the apartment. So the trips that I made to this apartment, the steps that I got in were I mean just crazy.
Speaker 2: And again this store.
Speaker 1: I ended at the store at like ten o'clock at night, nine thirty ten o'clock, and so the time I actually got back here, I mean again, it was freaking midnight by the time I finished.
Speaker 2: But I was like, you know what, No, tonight is the night. It is time for an all nighter.
Speaker 1: So then I stayed awake all night long, building the drum kit, putting away my clothes, putting away the groceries.
Speaker 2: And here's my analogy that I have been using for moving.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not that like buying salt right is a lot of work.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're like me and you buy the container to put the salt in, there's a lot of extra steps. Right, So here's the steps of just buying salt. You gotta go to the store. You have to realize that you need salt, so you walk past the salt and then you buy some salt. Right, pick out what salt you want, You buy it, you bring it back home along with all your rest of your things.
Speaker 2: But we're only talking focusing on the salt here. Right.
Speaker 1: You bring the salt home, you put it, you open up the cabinet. You realize that you want to put it in the container, so you gotta like pop it open.
Speaker 2: You gotta take the sticker off. And then if you didn't want to put it in the container, you could just pop it in the cabinet. But for me, I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Pour it in a container, throw the other thing away, and put it in the cabinet right and then twisted the container. And so you did all that just for salt to then realize that you also need Corse salt.
Speaker 2: That is how every.
Speaker 1: Single thing moving was every single thing you thought you were there and then boom and you bought papper towels, you forgot the paper towel holder, you bought soap, you don't have a scrub daddy.
Speaker 2: There's just there's so many things that you are like, Oh I got it. Oh I don't got it, Oh I got it. Oh I bought poles. I don't have mixing poles. Oh I have pan. I forgot to buy grease for the pan.
Speaker 1: Like there's just everything came with like a one eighty Do I have every single thing that I need? So I think the thing for me was the expectation was a lot smoother In my head.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be kind of like a breeze.
Speaker 1: Was just gonna like come in, unpack my suitcases and call it today.
Speaker 2: No, did not happen. Oh shit, I didn't even talk about furniture. Oh tell me about this.
Speaker 1: You ready for this one? So they bring in my furniture and I had like ordered it all online. Never seen it in person, but it was just a rental, so I don't I mean, I don't really care that much what it looks like.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty chill. And it comes in and the furniture is just a mess. It is a mess.
Speaker 1: My my room furniture online set it was all light gray, but something was like gray, something.
Speaker 2: Was light brown.
Speaker 1: My my like living room, some stuff was brown, some stuff was gun metal, some stuff was black.
Speaker 2: It just like wasn't working.
Speaker 1: And then my like get ready room, it was like just a crappy desk for got to buy a chair. Like none of it was working out right, And so I played Bob the Builder home Depot Lesbian over here, and I moved around everything.
Speaker 2: I'm talking.
Speaker 1: The furniture that was in the living room went into my bedroom. Then I did it like in the bedroom, so then it went into the get Ready with Me room, then the bedroom furniture. I ended up taking the living room a hutch and putting that in my bedroom. Then I took all the bedroom stuff. I realized I didn't want it to get Ready room because it crowded it, so then I brought it back into the bedroom, but instead I put it in the closet in the bedroom, and that made it way better.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, you know what, fuck this couch.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna get a new couch. Just gonna buy a couch.
Speaker 2: So now I have a couch that I bought that I only need for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Gotta figure out somewhere for it to go after this, sure where the crew members on set that lives here while want it or something.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out. I'm not too worried about it.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna make this get Ready with Me room a hodgepodge.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be a hodgepodge.
Speaker 1: So right now, I get Ready with My room is like a desk, a couch, a couple chairs, a couple of nights stands, a rug, a table, There's so many random things in there. There's actually two different rugs in there. It is just a literal hodgepodge, but.
Speaker 2: It works now.
Speaker 1: The one room in my house that is not a hodgepodge is actually my guest bedroom that I made because I was so excited for all my friends to come here and visit and family and really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: No one, no one, no one's come. That's it.
Speaker 1: No, I made this room literally perfect, spotless and nop not getting used at all.
Speaker 2: It will in the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: My brother and his girlfriend are gonna come visit, My mom and dad are going to come visit, and then one of my best friends, Alexis, is gonna come visit, and so the room is going to get used.
Speaker 2: But I like that was like my priority room.
Speaker 1: Made sure I finished it first, Like I could be working on that room now, like in beginning.
Speaker 2: Something to do. Nope.
Speaker 1: Now it's the one room in the house that is like most put together. It's actually kind of hysterical. It's really cute and there's like pink and gold. I made it girly because all the people that are going to be there are like grelly, girly, whereas I'm a little.
Speaker 2: More like you know, but we're masculine. Really ah.
Speaker 1: I saw someone on my TikTok was like I missed the old Jojo. When did you decide to become masculine?
Speaker 2: I was like, what, what's your problem? World? What's how of the bed did you wake up on? Because try the other side tomorrow morning. Anyways, back back on topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the that's the story behind the get Ready room and why it's I will say though, I'm very happy with where I'm at now with this apartment. The first three weeks that I was gonna be here, there was a lot of travel happening.
Speaker 2: I was going down to Florida for the.
Speaker 1: First weekend, and then now for the second weekend, I was in Las Vegas for the Super Bowl, which was great. Now I'm creeping up on my third weekend, which I am very excited for because now I finally.
Speaker 2: Have a chance to just be here.
Speaker 1: And now my filming schedule for So That You Can Dance is so great. The production is so awesome. We don't really work that much, a few days on, few days off, and so now I feel like I truly get the time to like just enjoy my apartment. You know, I've wanted to kind of go on walks around the area, and I haven't gone on one yet because I haven't just had the time yet.
Speaker 2: So now I'm I.
Speaker 1: Really am truly excited to just like be able to be here, be home, not have.
Speaker 2: Too many distractions.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I will say this move has really grown me in a way that I didn't know was possible or was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Everyone always told me like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you need to move out, like it's so it's so freeing, you're gonna feel so free.
Speaker 2: And I never really understood.
Speaker 1: That, because I mean, I live with my parents at home, and so I always was like, you know, I love living with my parents, Like why wouldn't I want to I don't understand what people were talking about. And now I realize that I understand where.
Speaker 2: People were coming from.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily agree with it, though, because I think for me, my parents have always just given me some freedom. They've always given me my privacy, my space, but also like our unspoken boundaries of our house, you know what I mean. But I will say now being here and living away from them from the first time, not so much that it's a freeing feeling. It's like because I never felt like I wasn't free at home, But I think it's more liberating. I feel as if I have a responsibility that I didn't necessarily have a month ago. I feel like I have to make sure the fridge is stocked. I feel like I have to make sure the counters are clean. There's no one that's gone clean the counters if I don't, you know what I mean, Like I think at home, I always was like, oh, if I wait long enough to do laundry, my Dad'll just come do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And that is a very true thing.
Speaker 1: If I wait long enough to get a package from outside, like my mom or dad and assistant will do it, like I'm chilling. But here it's like no, if I don't go get my package, it's going to expire in the mailroom and either get taken or it's going I'm gonna get charged for.
Speaker 2: It, you know.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of like gained responsibility that added a lot more maturity, and like, this isn't just coming from me. This is something that a lot of my friends have actually come to me and been like, you in the last three weeks have grown the cup and they were like, You've always been mature, but it's very it's like a whole new level now, and I I don't know. I think it's something that I didn't really know was gonna happen because I thought what was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Is what everyone told me.
Speaker 1: Everyone told me, Oh you're gonna feel free, Oh you're gonna feel like you're gonna want to, like rebel now that you're like alone, You're gonna want to go out, and I'm no, actually, I want to like stay and do laundry.
Speaker 2: Make my bed, and wipe my counters off. Like that's more my vibe more than anything. Yeah, that's pretty much my vibe of moving.
Speaker 1: I've been cooking a bunch, which has been so nice and I love very much.
Speaker 2: Uh cook a bunch.
Speaker 1: I watch TV now, which is great when I fall asleep. It's only when I fall asleep, but I watch TV when I fall asleep.
Speaker 2: I've been drumming.
Speaker 1: I have found that I the one thing that I really really miss about my life in California is dancing. I really miss going to Studio Siua and dancing out there. And so I started to do this thing where I have to do one dance a day in the apartment, just right here in the living room. I try to do it during the day so that way my neighbors downstairs don't kill me.
Speaker 2: But I, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I do a dance and that's that's helped cure that like miss a dance for me.
Speaker 2: It's been great.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of fun there hasn't really been any like oh I really miss home moments. It's been a lot of like oh I missed the studio or I miss my family. But I've I've really enjoyed having my own space and it kind of being my space and being run the way that I want to run it, and.
Speaker 2: It's just been cool. It's just been fun. It's been a different dynamic. I think I realized.
Speaker 1: Too, like that it's just so temporary, so I'm not necessarily affected by anything.
Speaker 2: That's like a little wrong or a little rough. I'm like, yeah, it's fine. I'm literally leaving in three weeks, you know what I mean. Like, I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Halfway there already, which is actually so sad to think about. I'm really sad about that. I will say I'm gonna go home, and then I come back to pack up, so I just kind of get a be here for three weeks.
Speaker 2: I don't have to worry about packing up just yet, which is very nice.
Speaker 1: But it's just been so fun. I've genuinely enjoyed it so much. It's been such a good experience, and I'm very interested to see.
Speaker 2: How these next three weeks ago, where I'm more so here.
Speaker 1: Than traveling around, because I'm I'm wondering if I'm enjoying it so much because I've been traveling around, or if I'm going to enjoy.
Speaker 2: It more now than I'm not traveling around.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned by the end of this when I'm back home, I'm sure I will give you an update. All right, y'all, I feel like that is every little bit that I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: With moving, I hope you enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I definitely enjoyed the process of moving, definitely enjoyed all the steps that I got in while moving. It was honestly great. I love you all very very much. Thank you of times a billion for hanging out with me today. Please please please listen to all the joges who will now podcasts. Share it with your friends, share with your family, and stay tuned for next.
Speaker 2: Week because I got another good one coming for you. Dew says, thank you so much for listening. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at jojes you Wa now podcast, be sure to write us a review, and maybe if you're feeling to leave us five stars.
Speaker 2: I'll see you next week.