Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, Demontre Moore, and new E Scrugs.
Speaker 3: It is that time for the Players Lounge right here at the SWBC podcast studio at the Starred Frisco home of the Dallas Cowboys. We have Anthony dor Set in the house, son of the legendary Hall of Famer Tony Dorset, number thirty three. More is the house in the house Aggie Hall of Famer Agricultural Leadership degree. He is the Toledo Rocket, the Hall of Famer former Cowboy Berry Church.
Speaker 4: I merely knew he Scruggs here to carry on the conversation.
Speaker 5: Man, mister gonna get the gas.
Speaker 6: The smile that does it, the cute dog that does the most. You better give us the inside. So it's missed the Newlye. Don't short change yourself.
Speaker 4: I just came from the Kenny Clark press conference.
Speaker 5: Now get us Newlye.
Speaker 3: So so Kenny Clark is in the trade for Michael Parson's two first round picks from the Packers and defensive tackle Kenny Clark. He said right out of the game, I'm excited to be here, said believe it.
Speaker 7: I bet America's Teapleton said he was shot, you know, said his darters were excited.
Speaker 4: Dolls like we're going on vacation. No, no, we coming here for real, real deal.
Speaker 3: Said he's excited. He said Jerry Jones made him feel really good. He said this deal would not have gotten done without you. I know a lot of people think, well they gona get quant Smith, They're gonna get defensive end pass rusher. But Jerry's like, no, we needed a defensive tackle. He said at the press conference, they needed to stop to run. So from the standpoint of Kenny Clark coming in here, this guy says, I'm excited. I'll play the one technique three. Tell me wherever I need to be. He he knows. Oh, so Diggie Zuzuka Zua uh. He played with Diggi Zuo was brother u Cla, so they've got a work in relationship. Had his first practice out here.
Speaker 4: Says he's learning ebra flus his scheme and see.
Speaker 2: What he needs to do.
Speaker 4: Ask the question, what are you planning on the six days from now?
Speaker 3: You know? And can you play? He said, Hey, I'm gonna be ready, learn to play, but do what I can. So I will say this if you're a Cowboy fan, He's like, I'm not worried about trying to prove anything to anybody. I love football, I'm here to play football. I'm excited. I'm happy to be here. So you got that. So that was just the latest. He just spoke down here by fixing him about ten minutes ago, spoke for almost fifteen and a half minutes here. So that's your that's the Kenny Clark update. There are with your doorstep Jerry said the press conference, we need to stop to run. So when you heard the press conference yesterday, give me your your honest assessment of what was said by Jerry Stephen Jones. And are you buying where he says we need to make this trade because we got something honest honesty.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, My honest opinion was that it was a mistake initially, okay, like you you're letting a generational talent go out the door, you know, and and then to I understand what he's saying, you know, we're gonna get these draft picks and we're gonna be better in the draft, and we're gonna be better. We don't know that we knew what Michael Parsons, we know what he is. We're gonna they gonna see that. What is it week five, week four? When he should be like up and running by then for real downhills with an attitude and something to prove. So with that being said, like you know, it turned out to be one of those type of things whereas I'm watching it listening to it, I was just, like, you know, thinking about it, I realized, Jimmy Johnson the best thing that ever happened to this place. And if that would have never happened, what would this organization be today? Period? Okay without something, without that man coming through here, will we even be would this even be going on right now?
Speaker 2: What we're doing. Who brought him? Jerry brought him.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people criticized Jerry for bringing him in.
Speaker 2: I mean, he could play Devil's advocate all day. He would the one that told me about the blender.
Speaker 8: Made me think, like sitting in here with y'all really thinking like you played here, you played here, You've been covering it, like I start feeling, well, maybe they got a better read on Jerry than I do.
Speaker 2: I was wrong, I would, yeah, a whole lot of the wrong, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And so like from from the beginning of the situation for me, and if y'all remember, if felt like trade to me, from beginning, it felt like trade to me, it didn't feel like he going through it. He gotta go through it, like nah, this felt like it felt different, you know what I mean? And it is definitely something different. So with that being said, you know, listening to the press conference, he had to say what he had to say, but unfortunately he does not. He can't tell right now that that that the temperature in the room is changing or has changed. And at some point in time, you you you got this loyal fan base, but they're not gonna keep being loyal to you if you keep doing them like this.
Speaker 9: Years around.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you're going. I'm glad you said no, like somebody gonna go somewhere, you know.
Speaker 4: To speak to that point here said the people they're gonna become the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Well, you have people with Cub fans, lebble loosers, they're not going anywhere that that that part of their They're just not until I see this place empty. And at the time I've covered this team, I only saw apathy once. Now with the Campo years, when they was out there doing the family four pack. It was four dollars and fours Chris Bean, you remember that the Campo year three straight, five and eleven seasons, and then what did he do? He hired Bill Parcells. Jerry's biggest fear of apathy, Anthony, that's just big. They have not reached that yet. They have not reached it yet.
Speaker 4: And longer could you know. It's not gonna be a ten win season, but.
Speaker 5: Break.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting to see them not show up and not be there on Thanksgiving Day. It hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, for me and and and and like, honestly, I've been a fan of this team since I since I can rebirth exactly, you know what I'm saying. And but one thing I told you a long time ago, I'm a fan of good football before anything, you know, and at some point in time, you know, like these people who are interested in being somewhere to be somewhere because it's like like let's go to Jerry's world. We're being somewhere right now. It's an event, you know what I'm saying. And it's an experience as well, and it's gonna start to lose his lester it is, and like y'all.
Speaker 5: Like that, we can't show a vane. I ain't nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: The weekend ain't playing no football.
Speaker 6: Weekend ain't playing no football. But Denzel is selling stuff post malone. You coming there to see the Stars.
Speaker 7: Game one, it's gonna be back Game one on NBC.
Speaker 4: Gonna be some record numbers that think Eagles coming in here when the Packers come here September twenty eight on the see Mike.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be back in here.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know how to sell tickets and he knows how to be controversial, but does he know how.
Speaker 2: To win anymore?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you like this, you still got Photo's gonna sell tickets.
Speaker 5: Everybody loves their quarterback. Like I grew up here.
Speaker 6: I'm Dallas born and raised Old Cliff, Texas. I've seen it until I got to the league, and hey, whoever signed my paycheck? That's why I was a fan of But growing up, I was one of those guys.
Speaker 5: Is set there. It's our year.
Speaker 6: Every year, it's our year. I got people in my family right now trying to ask me stuff. They like, hey man, it's like you're and like, none of.
Speaker 8: Y'all got that got so like you're right up there and tell me all day about how you feel.
Speaker 6: Else, I tell you right now, if you go over there the hood over there, deep elm, you're gonna see all the Jerseys still sitting there saying are we doing this?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 6: And the only reason I'm chiming in on this because it really upsets me that.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I told y'all yesterday when we was talking about it, I said, I don't think he's gonna be traded. But guess what, at the end of the day, money talk, bs walk. If the right number coming there, he gonna be gone. And these the ways to go. It's a win win for them if they get multiple first round picks and stuff like that. I'm hold somebody else from ransom, but everybody. Now you have the narrative of people talking about, well, I'm glad Michael's gone. Oh man, he doesn't show up in the playoffs. Oh man, he's being a prima donna. Now you hear all these negative things coming out, and it's like, boo, this guy was the talent that he was right there. So I say, that is a testament that if we're not going to talk about a top pass rusher in this league and you're gonna disrespect him and say, oh, what's done?
Speaker 5: The Cowboys fans are still there, you know.
Speaker 8: I'm just just listening to what Trey saying, and I understand where he's coming from, and I respect his point of view one, you know what I mean, But it just boils down to it is not what it is anymore, and unfortunately for the fan base out here and for like, let's keep it one hundred for shoty. Okay, Now, seriously, I'm a first year coach. I got I got an opportunity to have a player like Michael Parsons on my team to lead my defense, you know, and it's a defense that we got some question marks onto as well. And I know and I know what he wants to do, and I know what he wants to bring to the table.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, one thing they did do is they.
Speaker 8: Kind of helped themselves out by getting a detac who could help out MASI, okay, that's been a situation and everything else say who tell me or take over?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I'm saying, Okay, I got I got you the situation.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: But but we're structurally looking at and like I said earlier, generational talent, you know, and you know, unfortunately it turned into be something like how is it that you don't Here's my question as well. It's something I was also thinking about driving in here, like is it it can he honestly say that I don't want to deal with this agent and the league be okay with that? Is there not anything in the collective bargaining agreement that says like okay, like you you have to you have to negotiate, right, is there is there gonna be some other you know, layers to this onion peel back.
Speaker 5: I know you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't do that because there's been players that have negotiated their own deals and fire.
Speaker 2: Right, that's when. But you have to let the league know you're doing that.
Speaker 8: But once you have an agent, the league knows that you have an agent, you have to do certified letters and all this other kind of stuff to say you're not being represented by such and such no more.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, the agent did get involved, got involved.
Speaker 3: The guy in there got involved to get him the Green bandoul negotiate a great deal.
Speaker 8: I mean to me, if I'm about Jerry negotiating with that agent, and Jerry gonna have to see this man again. It's one of the top agents in the NFL. You think it ain't gonna be no more players. It's gonna come through here.
Speaker 2: Right he's talking about how pickings.
Speaker 4: But he said the press conference, I can do this.
Speaker 5: I mean exactly, he don't know. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think the man has done it for far too long. He's gonna be fine. But for the play, the player got what the player wanted.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a record setting contract here. His agent was allowed to go do it. So they ended up at some point in time kind of getting together, find go find something to go.
Speaker 9: We gotta talk to them.
Speaker 6: So so they got they got a deal that you think they could have got more though Dann who parton the Cowboys, definitely could have got more.
Speaker 5: But I think so like two first round picks, and that's.
Speaker 4: Just that's the word I can and a couple of seconds.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If it was me, like I, like you said, you have generational talent, I'm holding them up for ransom, like what okay, but I know you're gonna give me these two first?
Speaker 5: These automatic? Right?
Speaker 6: Let me see what these seconds and thirds is looking like I need a couple of them. I mean, we talk about two seconds, then we're good. We're talking about give me a second and maybe three thirds or maybe you.
Speaker 9: Got to ask the question though, and how bad did they want them out the building?
Speaker 6: That? If that's okase like that first, we're good, And that's the story.
Speaker 5: We don't know.
Speaker 2: We don't know, we don't we don't know.
Speaker 6: We just speculating. But we all have played the game. You covered it for over two plus decades.
Speaker 3: I just it was Nico Harrison and the whole thing. Something else on that right right, And it's like, like, okay, you train Luke and can I get a couple of seconds and thirds?
Speaker 4: Like swaps?
Speaker 3: You don't get something else on here? You know that that part of it left the fan base little bit bit upset to church give me your take on it.
Speaker 7: I'm just you know, y'all, I'm basically covered it all and but what I'm saying it when it comes to Shoddy, which is he's putting a very hard spot in my opinion, because how can you go, you know, week one of the regular season gonna start. Everbody's gonna have that regular season team meeting, you know, everybody getting together. How can you sit there in front of your team and be like, you know what, we put the best thing together. We got a shot, We're gonna we're better than we weren't last year. How can you sit there and tell the players that they're gonna look right through that and be like, man, y'all just traded awing our best player. You know, don't you know, I don't know what's going on in that locker room. It could have been here there, whatever the case may be. But when it comes to football being on the football.
Speaker 5: Field, that man was a beast.
Speaker 9: That man was a game changer.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be tough for Shoddy, it's gonna be tough for Flues to go out there and be like, a we got this, We're gonna scheme them up this way, because in the back of those players mind, they're gonna be like, man, we had the guy.
Speaker 2: We had the juice that come off the edge and change games.
Speaker 4: You no longer had that.
Speaker 7: And I was just flabbergasting overall, because you know, we go, I go back to what you said, you been saying it for years. Man, No one in their prime a weapon offensively or defensively. Jerry, let's walk out the building and this is gone back. You know, since I started watching the Cowboys in ninety five, like you don't Dark Romo Daz, all those cats.
Speaker 4: Stayed, which tells you how bad things got. It had to be seen.
Speaker 3: It had to be And I talked to someone today we're out of practice who says there's a lot that they didn't say one hundred percent of that press course, which which and I'll flipped the city the other side too. And you guys know as well, there's a lot whenever Mike could talk today that he may not put out there too.
Speaker 4: But we it's very clear bridges behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: This thing got personal and it got bad, and they just said for Jerry to do something that I hadn't seen in twenty seven years. I covered the team going going, take your happy self and go and going prime yet and that's about generational. This is what you don't do in the league. You don't get rid of a quarterback who performs at a high level. You don't get rid of a pass rusher, you know, get rid of left tackle. Jerry won his first Super Bowl by making a trade for Charles Haley with the San Francisco forty nine ers and got himself a defensive pass rusher who helped them win Super Bowl twenty seven and won three Super Bowls here after winning two of them for San Francisco. Charles first guy with five Super Bowl rings. That's what you can do. The Packers seemingly have done that to help themselves. So when you see something that makes you shake your head, you've traded a generational pass rusher. And when you go into the draft, I don't care what they tell you with these picks, you gonna look for another dude like this. You probably will not find them. That's the part that makes you shake your head. But I'm just telling you there's things that we don't know right now that maybe over time we start to hear, like the Lukadancis trade, when you say, okay, what else was happening around here? But there's stuff behind the scenes. There's things that they're not saying because this for this to get here, stuff that was going on that was bad.
Speaker 4: Let's take our break.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones says he doesn't expect any issues in the locker room over this trade, said with unanity. Most people he asked in terms of players and coaches, do we believe it?
Speaker 2: Like I said, you can't tell when the temperature in the room didn't change.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that next on the players. Lintot to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Kaines presentially other rules of football. Rule one any broadcast without the expressive of cook to order, Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising Cane's chicken fingers. One love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium. On Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownroyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season.
Speaker 4: That's Crownroyal dot com.
Speaker 5: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: Are you a Cowboy super fan?
Speaker 6: The search is on for twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morian. Yes the Captain Moore now through September twenty ninth, nominated an extraordinary NFL Fan Dynamic DUMO game changers who wrapped the Cowboys would probably turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent to the Super Bowl sixty entered to win at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year to day now yesterday, but today here we go. Such enthusiasm, sir, you got if you ain't, if you ain't seen, anybody can go. So I just want to make sure everybody knows that I love my job. I'm excited. Anybody can do it. Anybody combs up. Bogo Sam, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Trey Moore, you appreciate Anthony Yo said, is here got Bury Church of New he Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the players. I was brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 3: The day after Michael Parsons was sent to the Green Bay Packers for two first round picks and defensive lineman Kenny Clark talked about in the first segment, Clark says he's excited to be here, and the Jerry Jones let him know the trade does not happen without him.
Speaker 4: He wanted that. Look, if you're Mosie Smith, they didn told you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: They told he's curtains, they say, and then Kenny Kenny says something that just he's I love football. This is an indictment upon Mozzie Smith. Okay, it's also an indictment upon the Cowboys as an organization. When Jerry says, well, you know we need to stop the ron. We have stopped the running years. I'm sorry. You use your top three picks this year on a offensive guard, a pass rusher, and a hurt cornerback, and the year before that you use your top three picks and none of them were guys who could stop the run. And so it was three years before when you picked Mozzie Smith in the first round, and you saw he couldn't do it. You didn't use any money free agencies like oh we spent this players lounge show.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: You know before you two got on here Church right know, can't stop to run? Can't stop to run?
Speaker 3: Big Fan Hier when he was at Denver Broncos, came up here with on the Cowboys and I gave you the blueprint and so how were you. We're we're a week away from the first game, and the owner, we got a problem stopping run. That's your job, you know, that's your job to figure it out. We've seen it and you haven't addressed it. That part, to me was was a little disappointing. And Kenny Clark can help. But this ain't Joe Green sat Warren Sap coming. It's not Aaron Donald. You know he's better than MASI. But what's that really saying? You know, you you you're not on Spirit Airlines. You're an American, so you know you're a little better.
Speaker 5: But hey, on top of that, isn't he coming off a broken toe?
Speaker 4: You and your facts?
Speaker 13: But yes, he said, he said he's fine, But no, you're you're right, You're right, But that's the that part of it. It's just like, Okay, did they get enough?
Speaker 6: And that's getting did you really get enough? But once again, this is why you come to the players lines. You can read the stuff that's not being said without being said. You got a guy that is a pernial Pro Bowl a bitch when he's healthy, but last year he's coming off a major injury like that, and you only got to first round for a generational talent that's healthy right now.
Speaker 3: So when Jerry spoke about what they were looking for, teams that have that had cap space so they could pay Micah, and teams that had defensive tackles. When you okay, let's say you do in the off season, before the draft and free agency, now people can you have a lot more suitors and a lot more opportunity to do something. There were people in the building who wanted Parsons gone last year. This much we know it has been reported talked about, so he could have possibly gotten a better deal, but they wanted to try to keep the player.
Speaker 4: He thought he had a deal with the player. Just what Jerry said didn't work out.
Speaker 3: So when you say you should have gotten more, it's all about the situation you're around.
Speaker 4: You limited yourself from what they're saying. Just listen to him. He limited himself. Wasn't a whole lot of options.
Speaker 3: They weren't that good and uh yeah, so Jerry, he did say when I asked the question, we're about what the locker rooms go say and the coaching thevolved. He basically came and said, man, ain't nobody said nothing. Everybody was all on. Of course, everybody do it and you're first thought it okay, so Shot he was good with it, Dak was good with it. Everybody's every fan's good well. Jerry said, like, okay, that's how I took it. Everybody, it's not going dude, you gotta do That's how I took it.
Speaker 4: That's am I.
Speaker 5: Wrong that it seems that way?
Speaker 6: But like you said, it's always My dad used to always say, there's three sides to the story. Yours mine's the truth. What do we do to get here? And I don't care who's right or who's role, but the stars is there if all the thumbs is up. Now the question of the day is are the thumbs up because on the field or the thumbs up off the field. That's what you got to ask yourself because when you sit there, like you said, if we're talking about strictly on the field, like to get rid of somebody that that good, it's like it's wild and so right now just where they're sitting, Yes, the Cowboys do have leverage.
Speaker 5: They do got to first round picks.
Speaker 6: But if we're talking about right now, for who won this trade, Green Bay won this trade. They have somebody that's plugging ready to go do this versus you talking about a guy that fixes the run.
Speaker 5: But after you fix the run, how do you get to the ball past rush?
Speaker 6: Like after you get to that with these two first round picks, Like if I told you I like playing spades, right, this is in my eyes of looking at this, this is like having the jack of spades. Like it's a good spade and if you play it the right way, you can definitely make some stuff happen.
Speaker 5: But we all know that good spade players that ain't it. You got you got a.
Speaker 6: Book possibly and you got two week possibles that you don't even know about, which statistically right now, in the past three years, you haven't hit on those guys.
Speaker 5: So do what.
Speaker 8: He said down for you know what when the boss come through, and and and and boss come through and he tells you what he about to do, some people just gonna be like, yes, saw boss, Moti saus you shine with you know, and and and and unfortunately like like, I mean, who's gonna throw shade at him?
Speaker 2: What they're gonna say?
Speaker 6: What like?
Speaker 5: And what is he?
Speaker 2: And what are you gonna What are you gonna do if you do throw shade.
Speaker 9: Anyway, gonna dodss I.
Speaker 2: They gonna hear it.
Speaker 5: Nothing bigger than the shield.
Speaker 2: Right, So you know, with that being said, of course he gonna hear what he wants to hear.
Speaker 3: So let me ask this question. Can this turn into a good thing for them? How does it turn into it?
Speaker 5: Can if you drafted Zach Martin, will really this year for this year?
Speaker 4: I know I just injected.
Speaker 6: And this is if you're shoddy. This is where you look at yourself and you say, hey, man, the way that I see this. It can be two things. You can say, hey, he's getting thrown into the blender and it's right there, or you could say, hey, if whatever is going on this and that we got two first round picks for you. We know we don't expect you like if I'm shotty, I'm low key looking at it, like, oh, so you're giving me a chance to build this year, Like if we do good this year, good, But nobody expects us to do good because we lost our best player. With all this info, but you have two first round picks that we're gonna let you get the foundation in your team. You bring in your guys that you want here. So right now, initially no, it's not good, but long term it has the potential.
Speaker 8: I just I don't think the shot is gonna get to bring in his guys. I think it's always going to be who they want. It ain't never been who seems like to me, like what Parcells said years ago, if you buy it, what was it?
Speaker 3: If you if they want you to cook the meal, at least let you shop for the groceries. Now, I'm gonna make sure you understand that whole Bill Parcells comment. And I always tell people, man, that's one of the most up comments I've ever heard from a guy, because what he said was absolutely wrong.
Speaker 4: He was mad at Bobby Grier.
Speaker 3: Bill Parcells wanted to draft defensive tackles Cedric Jones out of Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: He didn't do it. The Giants took him.
Speaker 3: Bill was mad. Who did Bobby draft wide receiver Terry Glynn. They went to the dog on Super Bowl with Terry Glenn. He Bill Parcells traded for Terry Glenn to come here. He got mad about something he was wrong about all day long, and Bill with all Bill, you were wrong. He turned out to be wrong. Bill turned out to be wrong. But at the same time, Bobby Greer was a very capable executive and he made the right decision. Bill was just mad because you didn't do what he wanted. I watched Bill do that stuff here. Hey want I want Al Johnson as my center and they were like, okay. Al Johnson never did anything for the Cowboys. Canna have Andre Gerry. He did not want them to draft de Marcus where he wanted Sean Merriman, and they like, you can't draft Sean Mary. Then he said, well, give me Marcus Spears. They said, no, man, wait, we can get Spears. Later on, Bill Parcelles didn't want them to draft Terrece Newman. He got mad about that. So there's a whole lot of la.
Speaker 4: Bill shot. You know who Bill shot for Bobby Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Listen listen.
Speaker 5: The facts.
Speaker 8: But but but the thing was is will he get to bring in the guys that he want? Bill didn't get to bring in nobody wanted. You still said they took everybody else around him, the people they asked for, regardless if they wouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: When you come here, regardless, you know exactly what you know.
Speaker 3: You coach, you can talk to him, you can tell him what you like and they will listen. Okay, they will. That's how Tristan Hill got here, That's how that's how Taco Charleston got here instead of t J. Why they will listen to coaches. So that so yesh, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 5: We will talk about that.
Speaker 3: Rod Marinnelli said that that t J y didn't fit skin Taco did, and Taco did. Rod Marinelli wanted Tristan Hill instead of thought and the safety went to cas City helped with the Super Bowl. So it's not like coaches is sitting round here like these hostages. No, So he'll talk to them, he will get they will have some input from time to time. All right, So so it is, but but ultimately, Shotty, you came here. This is how you got the job.
Speaker 2: This is what it is.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to drafting guys for the most part, with Will McLay here, they're hitting on it, especially first round.
Speaker 5: Big dog Will so hit on that.
Speaker 6: That's why I said it could be. This is one of those things that you're gonna have to weigh. It's like your four one k. You put it in there and you're like, I don't look like that, But when you come back, it turns out to be something. If they hit with those first two, those those picks and Kenny comes in here, Yeah, long term MI sect they won.
Speaker 5: But right now you need you need that production.
Speaker 3: Got four it's four first round picks. With their with the way they've drafted for first round picks in two years, you can you can go hold. I'm not saying they're gonna be better than Parsons, but with four first round picture two years in their track record of what they've had the last decade, you you should. I would say you'll see at least half of those guys should make the Pro Bowl because they have been on that type of projections.
Speaker 7: That they're gonna go though. But if they will be like late, is it not? Depending how good Green Bay is. This is this is how I see it you should be drafted in the top five. Ain't having you know, I mean, I'm sorry, ain't there's not ain't having It's not gonna be ain't having.
Speaker 4: This is not gonna be a ten This is not gonna be a ten wing team according to some people.
Speaker 7: Or ain't having it having what he gonna he ain't gonna let him take it the top five for aint gonna le him take the top.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 5: Take a break right now, advertising, take a break.
Speaker 3: When you come back, gonna explain them. You're gonna explain I just changed my pics today and the Dallas.
Speaker 7: And so they still getting ten win we move still ten holes down long as fours dude Church still explain this.
Speaker 3: We will take a break to ten wins. Deal text year down on the pall be tough, brought to this is gonna be real to mister crack game, I went from six.
Speaker 5: To about fifteen.
Speaker 2: But we got see.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 5: That scary bridge.
Speaker 14: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincaret and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites in a full sized, intense therapy. Witball make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 9: Rule one.
Speaker 11: Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve.
Speaker 11: No crinkle cut fries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and rule thirty one. Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules raising canes, chicken fingers, one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 5: Off the reels.
Speaker 10: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem.
Speaker 10: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m B l e R for twenty one OLVERA to.
Speaker 1: The players, loud.
Speaker 3: Players laude bot to you by Aristocrat game. We got Anthony door set, we got trade. Moore got Bury Church on New He scrugged all right, Barry Church before the trade said ten wins for the Cowboy.
Speaker 5: You still standing up.
Speaker 9: I'm still standing on it.
Speaker 4: It's a slim chain, you know.
Speaker 9: I'm not as confident like my chest. They are mother, But I'm still thinking they got the same win chance.
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm still believe know that. Come in to farg Whyn't you tell them what you said to me?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I like, man, he can we go down, we go apple Bee's and.
Speaker 5: Wow, hol you calling play with him, but you can play with me.
Speaker 9: No, I don't even know if I got your number. But anyway, so.
Speaker 5: I'm about to.
Speaker 9: No, he locked, he locked, he locked, he locked, he locked in, But not just.
Speaker 5: He like he.
Speaker 9: Locked, he locked, he locked in.
Speaker 7: But if you got a top ten quarterback in this league, I feel like you always got a chance.
Speaker 9: And that's what I feel like.
Speaker 7: Dak Prescott is when he's healthy and when this team is behind him, he's produced nothing but winning records. Now, when he's injured and when he goes down, that that's a whole other story. But when he's healthy, and this is before Parsons was here, this is before they had one of these generational talent players, he let this team, all right, he let this team. He has explosive weapons on the outside. This offense, in my opinion, there's only two question marks. The big ther big they are big three. They are tackles and your rookie guard. That's three, dude. I'm not too concerned about the guard because you got cast Besiades. I ain't too concerned about the guard. The tackle you ain't got no no belief in That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You got somebody.
Speaker 8: I just seen that young boy, that young guard in there just a little bit ago, you know what I'm saying, Like right before.
Speaker 5: We hey, hey, I right now, I could take my chances on them. Right I.
Speaker 8: Had a chance to talk to him, and I had a chance to also look him in his eyes, you know what I mean. And some of the things that I said to him was just from a fan's perspective of being outside to start looking at the star, and I just said, you know, like some things that I would like to see him try to accomplish while he's here.
Speaker 2: And uh, I did not. You know, you know, when you can you can look at the dude sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see, he got this.
Speaker 9: Not too worried about that tackles.
Speaker 4: Hold on, that's that's gonna be.
Speaker 9: Something that's gonna be overcome.
Speaker 6: Not disrespect the other defensive players like that. I believe you call yourself a defensive player. You want to do that players that Dak won this team before.
Speaker 5: Michael was here. Michael was here, you forgot who was there? Tank Lawrence? He ain't.
Speaker 6: He ain't Michael, but you had Tank within himself. You had Sewn Lee that was there. You had like he's had got He's had defensive players that were here that changed the game, that helped him on the other side. Don't just sit here.
Speaker 9: I was like, Oh, it's all that are are we calling generational? Saying Tank Lawrence's generational?
Speaker 6: We didn't say, but he's a superstar. At that point in time, he was who was who Tank Lawrence?
Speaker 5: So how did he get paid? He wasn't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't considered the superstar in this league we talked about he wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't a game, ain't changing a game.
Speaker 4: Did he make All Pro?
Speaker 5: I didn't say he was. Michael Parsons said, did you.
Speaker 4: See you can say superstar bro you said superstars, but.
Speaker 6: You got you gotta start, you got superstar, you got pros, all you got All Man were moving. Then when you turn on Man, what does it say? You want to play Superstar? You want to play All Pro? Do you want to play on all Man? It's a game level get out of here. But it's cool though, But I get what you were trying to say, Supercar you a quarterback. Le Okay, this is a quarterback. So you're saying for is that superstar is gonna take them there? I believe he can. He has the ability to. He's proven its ability.
Speaker 5: That's different.
Speaker 9: I think you're gonna get him the ten wins.
Speaker 5: There you go. That's what I wanted.
Speaker 6: I want you That's what I've been saying. No, you said he has the ability. That he was a small window to say. I said he has the ability. He didn't Nick and Sam's bet.
Speaker 5: With he's.
Speaker 9: With us, us sit here and saying I'm off of ten wins.
Speaker 5: When I said that, you've.
Speaker 6: Been obviously you got you got side door conversations with somebody on the other half of the bet you're making with me?
Speaker 5: He said, did he say not to wins?
Speaker 6: Did he try to compaplet We wasn't a part of that, just like we wasn't a part of the Jerry and Michael Parker's conversation.
Speaker 5: We weren't a part of that. So did you say that?
Speaker 9: No, the whole time it's been ten wins.
Speaker 6: When we was on the phone, since he don't have my number right And I'm not saying those guys, I love this guy.
Speaker 5: This is how we do in the locker room players now.
Speaker 6: But when all three of us are on the phone and we were talking about they could have got more, what did he said?
Speaker 5: Ah? Man, oh yeah, that's in Wins. The show ain't happening. It ain't happy.
Speaker 6: I said, let me call Nuie right now because I text knew it even though Knewie big dog. He didn't respond, but Barry came to save him because you know, they got their inner circle and he was like, knew he's on NBC right now.
Speaker 5: That's why he's not responding. But he said that. So you asked me what happened?
Speaker 7: So when I came here and my facts, I'm not saying it's with my chest. I'm saying it's a slim chance. But they still got a chance.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you went on the phone, off the phone, off the record.
Speaker 4: I don't see door set.
Speaker 5: This is exactly said.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm telling you. Fans ain't going away looking at this man exactly. Man on whole like that.
Speaker 9: Man, when you hope you guys so much, you say a man gotta have a cold, right? Is that what we say a man gotta have?
Speaker 7: So if I put it out on the bed, okay, if that put down on the back, I'm not gonna sit here and renig on the back.
Speaker 5: Just said you ain't gonna get me.
Speaker 4: Oh, ain't worried about Hey, look it's fine.
Speaker 5: You're talking about You said I wasn't a part of the bit. Didn't he wave me off like that? When? What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 5: And you did that? When? When did that happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Now you'll know what.
Speaker 3: Don't nobody know what you're talking about? Bro Kappa Alpha side for you right there? New logic to figure it out out. Sorry, bottom line, right, Trey, Trey, here's the bottom line. You're going You're going to get your free meal. I'm going to get my free We'll see, okay, we're all going to eat off very church.
Speaker 4: Let's just know that.
Speaker 5: Know this. I'm drinking. See man drinking too.
Speaker 4: You might want to stop. I might not want to do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: In trying to find a silver lining for cowboy fans, this.
Speaker 2: Is just my my my thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, totally wrong, But I was here when Steve Nash signed with the Phoenix Suns, Dirk's best friend, all star player the five years, sixty five million marks, I ain't matching it, not doing it. Nash not only leaves here the next year, seeds to win the m v P and put the Mavericks out of the playoffs. Then he goes the next season and wins the m v P again. He stole that he did steal for shots.
Speaker 4: He'll all.
Speaker 5: But he got the way they let him go.
Speaker 3: But that second MVP, the Mavericks ended up going to the NBA Finals in two thousand and six, they won the Western Conference. Dirk and then Jason Terry, who became the point guard the Jets five years later, ended up winning an NBA championship. The Sons under Steve Nash never went and played in the NBA Finals, So while the Suns got you know a lot of great.
Speaker 4: Traction, he won two m vps.
Speaker 3: The Mavericks ultimately were able to get themselves to the Promised Land twice and win a championship. Dirk Navisky also was forced to become the leader of the team because Michael Finley was gone, Steve Nash was gone. The two guys who were there before him who helped lead the way. So I say, could there be that type of silver lining of all right, man, the rest of you dudes, we're counting on you seeing Williams Darvin as a rocker, Dante Fowler offensive like everybody else you know, get better, get better, That's all I'm asking throwing it, and it could happen.
Speaker 5: I think I think it could.
Speaker 6: I think you pressure buspipes and makedminds, like with you don't realize with him walking out the door, it's gonna be a lot of opportunity. You might have a bash Bro type of combination where you got Odiggy a Zua in there and Kenny in there to where now you got the young bull that's gonna make his own name within his own respect. You got Dante Fowler that was a ten plus sack. I mean he was a ten sac guy last year. So you can make your young guy build a new superstar. Had an old the old guy coming there, it really could jail together. And then also this really not only gives the defense opportunities, this actually gives the opportunity to this offense to become everything that we think they're gonna be. The twin Towers with Ceedee Lamb and George picking over there if like we do know, I know, I joking, I'm harsh, but we all know that Dak is a top ten quarterback. But like you said, with him being healthy and him being the leader that he is, he might be able to galvanize these troops and say, hey, man, I know we lost this guy, but we gonna do this right here, and you build that and whenever we all know, once you get that snowball effect in the league.
Speaker 8: So it could be one thing that you just hit on is very true, is what the men can come about doing inside that locker room when they come together. And you know, and so with that being said, they recognize us left the room, they understand that too as well, you know what I mean. And so I'm sure it's gonna be some accountability amongst themselves too to try to make sure that if we got to swing it somewhere, we swinging in the direction that we could also try to compensate for what we lost. And I've seen that in locker room before. So with that being said, you know, and being optimistic with that, yeah, that's that's what you hope for.
Speaker 2: But that that that still has to come to fruition.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 3: Brian Schottenheimer, the head coach, said that he was confident that he would be back meeting Michael Parsons. He thought it was going to happen. Shody shot. He's just saying that right now. So look, this is gonna be a ongoing story as the Cowboys get ready to face the Philadelphia Eagles in less than a week to.
Speaker 4: Open the season.
Speaker 9: Gotta let him play out.
Speaker 3: We have to let it play got let it play out. This fun on a Friday, do set more church. I'm scrugged thanks to Chris being Josh and everybody's in part of it.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: This Player's bout You by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 12: M