Speaker 1: The second date of day. It's a record breaking fourth time this person has been on the show requesting our help. My god, it's none other than the Caped Crusada of Romance. When I say caped, I mean he's got his extra long jammies on this morning, Matt Man.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Welcome back?
Speaker 3: Matt, Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: You guys, it's like we're starting to be the superheroes of your life.
Speaker 2: We're helping so much.
Speaker 1: You know, we're not super maybe mediocre hero yet ever clearly we're not very good at it. But real quick, for those of you who have not heard of Matt Man before, he's a friend of the show. And we call him matt Man because on one of the very first dates we ever heard from him, he went out to a movie premiere dressed as the Dark Knight, and ever since then, his legend has lived on along with his ever active dating profile. Yeah, Matt, last time that we heard from you, I thought, tell me if I'm wrong. I thought we you had a girlfriend before? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That that one didn't really work out too well.
Speaker 4: But just because what doesn't mean it wasn't a success. You know, I'm sure you learn from it grew from it.
Speaker 1: So now we're doing another second date updates. So you must have met someone new, right I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I met I met a girl Jackie on the app.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, would you like about Jackie?
Speaker 3: I mean, right off the bat she was great. I mean she looked just like her pictures.
Speaker 2: Was that a bat pun or no?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: I was thinking he was going to call her jacker like joker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well she looked like she said she was going to look like.
Speaker 4: Standards are still very high.
Speaker 1: All right. What did you end up doing with Jackie?
Speaker 3: Well, Jackie, she wanted me to pick her up, so I just said, hop in my matmobile.
Speaker 2: Right is it?
Speaker 1: What's actual car?
Speaker 6: It's a it's a hun day, all right?
Speaker 1: And how are you feeling heading into the day.
Speaker 3: I was maybe a little nervous at the beginning, so I just thought, yeah, So I thought I'd bounce it out with some of my patented, world famous smat man humor. O.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you mean? What'd you go with a knock knock joke?
Speaker 3: I started with one of the classics, the old parallel park trick.
Speaker 1: That if I'm familiar with that one.
Speaker 3: So I thought it would be funny if I pretended like I couldn't parallel park. So I asked Jackie if she could go outside and maybe spot me and like tell me if I was getting close or I was going to hit the curb. Like around like the third or fourth time, I decided I'm just gonna hand to drive away. So I drove away.
Speaker 2: There's no way she was laughing.
Speaker 3: I was only gone for like ten seconds. Like the look of horror on her face was.
Speaker 1: I could see that. I could see how that could.
Speaker 2: Be for you.
Speaker 4: And it's funny, Like six months into her relationship, it's not funny the first like literally, you haven't even had dinner with this person yet.
Speaker 2: Laughing funny.
Speaker 3: It's just like, oh, say she said something like, don't ever do that again, but I need that too, funny.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want to laugh to but I will say if she says don't do that again.
Speaker 2: Her mindset is that there could be a next time.
Speaker 4: You hang out, even in her anger, some hope there.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is good so far. I think where did you end up taking Jackie?
Speaker 3: So you know, I mean, I'm starting to get a little bit of dating experience, so.
Speaker 1: You are in confidence every time, man.
Speaker 3: I think so, so I thought i'd step up my game. And I don't know, you guys might think I'm a nube. But I took her to sushi.
Speaker 1: That's great that.
Speaker 3: It was good. I mean, there's so many good flavors, so I thought, I've.
Speaker 1: Never thought of them as flavorsish okay, So I ordered thirteen rolls. What did you just shoo came with an appetite roles?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because I've never done sushi, so I just thought like the roles were the like.
Speaker 1: The you thought the individual pieces was a role, but one role has like six to eight slices exactly.
Speaker 3: They had to put the waiter, had to bring like a whole nother table just to attach it so we could have all this food. It's like cascading off this side.
Speaker 4: But like I would be of embarrassment as you're sitting there as more and more plates keep being delivered, Like it would be so cross like a guy to eat, Like, I wouldn't want a guy that eats less than me.
Speaker 2: So it's anything you want in the restaurants.
Speaker 1: Sushi night end.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a mess. We laughed about it and it was fun. Later I had to take a picture with her out front?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that a bad thing?
Speaker 2: Alexis doesn't like that.
Speaker 1: It's a nice thing to take a picture with someone, like, Hey, let's remember this really, Okay, maybe that was a mistake of yours, Matt.
Speaker 3: I don't know. She let me touch her waist she posted the picture. Yeah, but she cropped me out of the photo.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should be insulted by that. It would be weird. She couldn't really just take a selfie.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd never heard from her like I thought it was a great date.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there has to be some sort of logical explanation for this, and we're just going to ask her directly. All Right, we'll come back and do your second date update. Next second update. We're in the middle of another second date update with friend of the show Matt Man. Yeah, just a quick recap if you missed the first part. Matt did a sushi date with a woman named Jackie, gave her a little parallel parking humor before that, and then at dinner ordered thirteen different sushi rolls because he didn't know he thought a role meant the individual pieces of sushi.
Speaker 2: He really needed to have done sushi trade. Then he could have just picked one plate at a time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, it would have been better. He tried to go fancy and go to a nice red restaurant.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine the bill.
Speaker 1: Things were looking up at the end of the night, though, when they took a photo together in front of the restaurant and Matt, you said you touched her waist. Did she touch your grappling hook in return or was there a kiss or any sort of sign of intimacy.
Speaker 3: Well, a true hero keeps his belt on at all times. But I did get to catch your waist and it was pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, nice, You've done a lot of these, Matt, Like, what do you think went wrong?
Speaker 2: Why is she not calling you back?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think maybe because I didn't know about the roles and the individual pieces. Maybe that, okay, we're off. Maybe she thought I was trying to show off.
Speaker 2: You didn't explain it was your first time at a sushi restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I was just trying to be mister cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy makes sense, I see that.
Speaker 1: But okay, let's just call Jackie and see if that really was the case. If she was intimidated by how many roles you can afford in one dinner.
Speaker 3: I mean, I still have some, so if she wants to.
Speaker 1: I'll throw that in at the end. We want to send you guys out on a date, but first we got a call her. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm looking for Jackie. Ye, Hey Jackie. My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jackie, how are you doing.
Speaker 5: Oh there's people.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, Hi, whole show wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: We love people that are happy right off the bat. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's a breath of fresh air for us because we're doing something called a second date update. And yeah, it sounds scarier than it is. We're calling because you went out on a date with one of our listeners.
Speaker 2: I would call the good friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's honestly a VIP member of our listening audience. His name is Matt.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, Matt.
Speaker 1: Like hearing you laugh about it because we heard you guys had a great sushi date the other night.
Speaker 5: It was an experience.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's good. I mean, if I saw it was an experience. I'd give that a five stars.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing, Like Imax calls themselves an experience better than.
Speaker 2: Right For the.
Speaker 5: Most part, Yeah, some of it was a little quirky, but yeah, it was all. It was all pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Oh why are you calling him back? He's been trying to get a hold of you. He wants to see you again.
Speaker 5: Well, at the end of the night, okay, So he took a picture of us, which was a little different for a first day.
Speaker 1: But if we know anything about Matt, it's that he's he's a bold man and he goes for what he likes and that he just really wanted to commemorate the night.
Speaker 3: With you, right right.
Speaker 5: And it was a really cute picture. And so when I got home, I showed my roommate the picture and she was like horrified, I guess, Like so we had one of his hands was like, you know, like around my waist, and he said that he was making like a gang sign like with his hand, and I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: Like what like throwing west side up.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know. I had no idea what it was. And I kind of thought she was getting at first, but she had us look it up, and I'm not going to say like what it was, but yeah it was. It was like it was a gang sign and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a streak.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was like an actual streak game, like a famous streak.
Speaker 2: Matt, what's up?
Speaker 1: I had no idea that was in a gang like.
Speaker 4: That is Are you sure it couldn't have been something he did on accident that happened to be similar.
Speaker 5: That's what I was trying to like say to her, but she was like no, like she was so sure and she got to freak me out, so I wouldn't. I'll just play it face just in case.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, no, Bank, what if he's like an O G gang member? We have no idea, That's what I'm saying. I just want to ask him right now because I got to let you know, Jackie. Matt is on the other line right now.
Speaker 5: Oh no, was it a gang? Now I'm in trouble.
Speaker 2: No good gangs don't call are you there?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Like gang signs? Do you really think I'm a gang banger?
Speaker 5: It was my roommates. He freaked me.
Speaker 3: Out, even like seriously, like do I look like a gang banger. Do I sound like.
Speaker 2: It's not stereotype?
Speaker 1: Matt? Do you know what she's talking about? What hand signals she's talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I do it all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you purse?
Speaker 2: Why would you do it all the time if you know it's a gang symbol? Matt.
Speaker 3: It's not a gang symbol. It's the bat symbol, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Like Batman. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jackie, you might. I didn't tell you this mostly for your safety, but wow, right, that's what that sounds like.
Speaker 1: No, the gang that he's talking about is like a superhero league that type.
Speaker 3: Of gang, what like D and D No Justice League. I'm a huge fan. I'm part of the bat family. It's not a gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves Batman. Yeah, he's a big Batman fan. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Like comic books?
Speaker 5: I mean I knew that, but I know a lot of people who are like into that stuff and they don't have like weird hand symbols and like think.
Speaker 2: A gang member is hotter.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's like a sign I'm trying to make popular with my posse, Like I guess you know.
Speaker 5: You made it up?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm I'm trying to get it started, you know, like because my hand is like the wig, and then if I move my thumb it's kind of like the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I kind of like that. That way you can be out on the street and secretly know who else is a Batman fan, rather than having to go up and ask like a gang. Yeah flash it. When you're walking down the street and you're like, dance with my feet the same.
Speaker 2: Time I'm with Hose on this one. You gotta drop it. It's going to get you in trouble. It's already getting you in trouble that.
Speaker 1: Someone sees that in the wrong neighborhood. Not even a joke. You want to have to actually defend your woman just because you're being a silly or you become the coolest guy in that neighborhood street cred.
Speaker 3: I like it, but I mean I don't want to get I don't want to get beat up.
Speaker 1: I doubt anybody could beat up matt Man. You're just being nice.
Speaker 5: Who's matt Man? Is that you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to.
Speaker 2: We call him matt Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my secret identity blown now.
Speaker 2: Popular. Yeah, he makes us laugh a lot, Jackie. He's sweet.
Speaker 5: No, you absolutely were making me laugh the whole time, that's all it was.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great. I mean, if you take out the hand signal, it sounded like you guys had a really good night together.
Speaker 5: And I mean, yeahs I am not really being able to parallel park.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Well, actually there's a funny story to that.
Speaker 5: He told me it was a joke, but I don't know. After like a fourth or fifth time, I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you drive to the next date. Yeah, maybe that.
Speaker 1: I think that might be best and will pay for that date if you agree to go on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fine. All of these secrets are not gang related and sounds great.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, congratulations matt Man.
Speaker 5: One request though, if we get to she again, please don't order so many roles. I don't think that was necessary.
Speaker 3: I just thought the roles were I mean, it's like a bread roll, isn't like just say yes, Matt, yes, Matt.
Speaker 1: All right, you know what, We're just gonna call it a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: And I'm really happy that we're able to get another date from Matt Man.
Speaker 2: I like her a lot too. I think they could be a really cute couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was actually pretty chill, and honestly, that was maybe one of the easiest second date updates we've ever had to do for him before.
Speaker 4: All it takes is calling into our show four times for us to get good at helping you out.
Speaker 1: You know, the bat sign gang sign mix up. That one's actually pretty easily explainable. Really stop doing that. Honestly, I think if we would have stayed on the phone with her longer, the more likely she would have and ultimately said no. The more that she learned, you know, about him dressing up like a superhero, going to the movies, hanging upside down from pipes and dark alley ways, that's where it could have gotten weird. But luckily we didn't bring any of that up, didn't have time to. So I'm proud of us. What Matt bring the weird himself.
Speaker 2: He just did again, I'm hoping she's not.
Speaker 1: No matter what, best of luck, Matt's a good guy. If you want to be like Matt and email the show over and over and over for help, We're always here. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back Brook
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey in the morning,