Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me your friend Dan. Quick message before the show gets started. If you haven't joined stitcherr Premium yet, now write this very second minute. Moment hour is the perfect time. Stitcher Premium gets you add free episodes of hundreds of shows like Comedy Bang Bang WTF with Mark Maren, huge guests on that show, by the way, love WTF and how did this get made? Another just I'm a fan of this show. It's a lot of cool stories really worth listening to. You also get twenty one thousand hours of exclusive content. New exclusive originals like Marvel's Wolverine and Lisa Ray's Fruit are launching every week for stitch your Premium members. If you love podcasts and you're not on stitch your Premium, you really are missing out When you listen to ad free episodes. By the way, and stitch your Premium your favorite podcasters and this is going to sound impossible, but they get paid. Yes, I know, a wonderful, wonderful thing for podcasters. Help support your favorite shows and join Stitcher Premium today for a free month listening. Go to stitch your Premium dot com. That's s t I T c h E R Premium p r E M I U M dot com and use the promo code verbal V E R B A L. That's it. Let's let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the solid verbal.
Speaker 1: Ill that for me.
Speaker 2: I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 1: You want to be happy for day at the steak?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Woo whoo?
Speaker 2: And no, Dan and Tie.
Speaker 1: Good today and welcome to the solid verbal. My name is Dan Rubinstein. Ty Hilton Brands is not on the line because and I quote, I'm actually not quoting, but he is cleaning out his old place now that he has moved into a new place. And you know the rigors of being Tie. I wouldn't I wouldn't wish it on the worst enemies. So Tye is absent to I promise you he will be here moving forward. I actually I can't make that promise, but I'm really hopeful that he is, because he's extraordinarily talented and I miss him. But the good news is I I was almost going to say, we I have Adam Kramer from Bleacher Reports. We're going to talk about win total over unders. We're going to he just did a story about Tala Tonga Valoa, who is the little brother of Tua Toangua Valoa, obviously a budding Alabama quarterback, Hawaiian dynasty, whatever. But he just did a really good feature on the two of them, particularly Talia for Bleacher Report. He also just wrote about Christian Wilkins, the star defensive lineman for Clemson. So we're going to talk a little bit about that. And then you have asked so many good questions and we have so many strong opinions, and I assume Adam has strong opinions because he's from a colder place in Chicago about summer. Just not summer conditioning for players, not summer HighRes, nothing, nothing like that. Just summer living, vacations, beach etiquette, pool etiquette, food grilling, shirtlessness, that's right, shirtlessness. So we have all sorts of things to get into with Adam. I'm positive he has wise opinions. So look forward to that because that's happening in a few seconds. But also, soliverble dot com is being updated as we speak. But soliverble dot com is where you can get more information about the show. Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook. It's very easy to find us. If you're listening to the show, you already know how to get a podcast, so you probably know how to find us on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram, any of those things. But certainly, if you're so inclined, if you enjoy the show, throw us a good review on iTunes, Apple Podcasts. It certainly does help surface the show who are interested in hopefully a decent enough college football podcast, like we hope that we are. And that's it. We have Merch the merch stores opening the next couple weeks. We're very excited about that. We're locked in on designs. We're just getting everything set up so you will be able to find all of the new designs for shirts. We're gonna really to hat. We're going to release a mug through our friends to do a great job and have worked with a number of other good sized podcasts at Cotton Bureau, that's COTTO n B. You are EAU. I really hope I spelled that correctly. But we're launching a full on store with Cotton Bureau, so we're excited for that. So you've probably purchased through Cotton Bureau before and they're very good and efficient and great customer service, so look out for that. We are finalizing things with a Chicago venue for I mean it's mid August, and then we're going to look at the end of August for a couple of other cities for live shows. The Fantasy Things Draft will be happening for sure in Chicago, and the other shows are TBD. So exciting things coming down the pike, and this show, honestly is one of them. Adam Kramer is wonderful followers work Eggs and Eggs on Twitter. Bleacher Report national college football writer. Been doing a really nice job with features this year. So let's why am I oways sting your time. Let's just get into that. And with that, I am now joined by Bleacher Reports Adam Kramer, Kegs and Eggs on Twitter, k egs n e ggs.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Is that still a thing? I don't even know if I see your name anymore?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I've thought about changing it because the blog I'm getting, like the domain notices right now from like my own little blog, like what are you doing? Your site is now like infested with malware and growing.
Speaker 2: Leads, So I've thought about changing it. I don't know, it's kind of who I am.
Speaker 3: I guess like I'm with you. I'm sort of indifferent, so I'll keep it for now. So that is a very long winded answer saying yes, that is still my Twitter, I know.
Speaker 1: And to get everything straight, because you've been writing features for Bleacher Reports, what is your official title at bleacher Report? Because you've been doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I actually I think it's National college Football writer. That's a good question. We're a guy.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I think national college football writer at bleacher Report.
Speaker 1: Awesome. And you just wrote You've r in a couple of features that I think have gotten a good amount of traction sort of spring, late spring, early summer. And the most recent one you wrote was about the tongue of Iiloa and I'm almost positive I pronounced that correctly the brothers specifically, is it tau Leia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to Leah, tell me you believe me.
Speaker 3: Pronunciation within the family has taken me basically since and I'm still butchering it since January eighth, right like since all of a sudden, like on January ninth, when people are doing radio interviews, like all these sports people, they.
Speaker 2: Had no idea because they did not see any of this coming.
Speaker 3: So yes, we're still trying to learn the name, and honestly, like I think we know the situation.
Speaker 2: Now about you're not going to talk to Tua right now, You're just.
Speaker 3: Not going to talk to it. Nick Saban's gonna no thank you, like with the quarterback race, like that's just not happening. So it was like, Okay, how could you tell this story.
Speaker 2: In a unique way? And I kind.
Speaker 3: Of pitched this idea to my editor like five days after the National Wild to come to be and honestly getting with the family as you know this too, man like with the projects, like the access points in this is probably the hardest part.
Speaker 2: Right Like, this is a family whose life like.
Speaker 3: Just changed dramatically, like in an instant, and they're being bombarded with just people wanting to talk to them. So trying to position this in a way where it wasn't going to be like.
Speaker 2: More continued coverage of Tua because I could get a sense that honestly they're good on that, but give.
Speaker 3: A little shine of light on kind of the family sacrifices, if you will. And then yeah, this little bro who you know who is there that night and you think how it's going to change Tua. You think how it's going to change the family in Alabama. But like, here's a kid who's been like in this into a shadow of his whole life, and all of a sudden, like in thirty seconds, it's like his life, the perception of him will never be the same simply because of like football osmosis.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, right?
Speaker 1: And they're not the first set of brothers to play quarterback in spotlight and come after one another. Although you know, I was thinking about recent notable brothers to both play at least high ish level college football, the Rogers, the Vicks, the Cars, A lot of them were separated I think by more years. I know the cars are about ten years apart. In the case of like Carson Palmer and Jordan Palmer or the Clawsons, they played at different schools or different level schools. What is the dynamic at such a spotlight place coming so quickly? Is their worry that it's almost too much for two kids from four thousand miles away, displaced with their family to I assume a very different part of the world. I haven't really been spent a lot of time where they are from, in Hawaii or Alabaster, Alabama. But what is the dynamic with that sort of instant double spotlight.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great question. And the interesting thing in this is when I was talking about Tua, it was like I was talking about a twenty five year old man. This is like, you know, like this is a sophomore or going to be a sophomore who has not been named the starter yet and perception wise, however, because of the magnitude of that night, it feels a lot different. It did for me. I mean even writing it, naturally.
Speaker 3: I had to curb it a bit because it's like, wait a second, man, this kid's just a baby in himself. So the dynamic, but the dynamic between everyone is extremely This is a great family. I mean, this is a really good family who has clearly is kind of leaning on each other during what is it obviously an amazing time, but there is a burden that comes with us as well. And they used to turn blessing quite a bit to his dad, mister Chekavaloa, and everybody is thrilled with where they are, but also like getting recognized at a Walmart and Alabama being asked to take photos like if you're a junior in high school or you know, a dad who's just kind of wanting to watch your kid. Like that's there's a weight to all that, and that's only going to get more so as this progresses, and this will progress. But in terms of the you know, the dynamic between the two, I think also like virtualia now and he's committed to Alabama, Like there's pressure in that decision, Like if he don't commit to Alabama, what's wrong? You know if you commit somewhere else and think, oh, man Trader, you know you could impact to it. So everything they do in this this in this area, specifically in this day age where like recruiting is it, you know, recruiting is that is what we're.
Speaker 2: Most interested in? Is has a spotlight on it.
Speaker 3: And you're right, there is a weight to all that. But it does seem like they are equipped to handle it.
Speaker 1: Do you in your estimation as a non college coach is a non scout, as a non high school coach, is there a sense that his value is being inflated because of his brother's value, not to say he is a you know, overrated or anything like that. Is it hard to sep rate when his brother has these accomplishments and you know, it's very easy to project well, like, well, his brother has these gifts and this work ethic, and this natural talent and personality, so we are projecting his younger brother to be very similar. Do you do you get that sense that you know, people are overreaching to a certain extent based on that or is it just they had both happened to be extremely talented?
Speaker 2: You know, that's another really good question. I went into this full transparency thinking that was the case.
Speaker 3: I went into this story thinking, Okay, this is the number eight ranked quarterback in the country.
Speaker 2: He's what six', one he's getting that last name. Bump and AS i dug into this, MORE i actually almost think it could be the opposite here in the next few. Weeks and, look this time of the year in the recruiting world is kind of hugely. Influential this is like the time that to his profile. Exploded you've got to lee, eleven you've got the opening and two had just like owned those events like he was. Incredible SO i talked to a lot of recruiting people about. THIS i talked to coaches about.
Speaker 3: This in, TRUTH i don't think the recruiting people have a real sense of what he is just YET i do know that from an, athlete like an athletics, side he's not to like, that and that's not a knock like they you, Know June, jones who coached these kids In, hawaii which was hilarious and wonderful conversation in terms of college football, randomness you know said two was probably the best running back In hawaii as. Well salea is. Different but you talk to people and they say. That you, know there's three college coaches that mentioned that he's probably got the quickest release they've ever. Seen, now quick release doesn't mean it's going to go where you want it to, go but it's a.
Speaker 2: Start so As i've actually.
Speaker 3: Talked to people a little bit more AND i look to lead, eleven all this, stuff the next month is probably going to dictate. THIS i actually think his profile could, increase and there's no question who he is and who his brother is plays a role in. That but it ALSO i also think that maybe his skill set during a year when the quarterbacks are clearly not as defined they were last. Year like last, year the last couple of years have been. Insane when it comes to this this year a little bit, DIFFERENT i actually think he could have a chance to increase a bit when it comes to his recruiting.
Speaker 1: Profile and you also recently wrote a piece before we get into some win totals About Christian, wilkins who of course is the anchor Of clemson's defensive, line made a big decision to come back and leads an, interesting if not unusual life off the field for The. Tigers what was it THAT i think separated where you saw that separated him in terms of who he's, become perhaps from other well regarded junior senior defensive line, prospects anchor as, leaders.
Speaker 2: Etc SO i feel LIKE i usually have a pretty good.
Speaker 3: Thermometer i'm not a, scout but WHEN i see a guy Like, okay that guy's going to translate to THE.
Speaker 2: Nfl maybe not, quarterbacks but a guy Like Christian, WILKINS i would assume would be, want you, know there'd be some, interest like tons of interest from THE. Nfl and WHEN i found out that they're thinking second round, PICK i know that Shocked.
Speaker 3: DAVOL i know that shocked. Him it certainly shocked. Me AND i mean we watched these. Games he's, everywhere he's catching, passes he's on, BLOCKS i, mean he does everything like.
Speaker 2: This is like the prototype of a defensive line you can move.
Speaker 3: Around you find out that's not the, case and clearly he was not thrilled with.
Speaker 2: That so he comes back to. School he's already.
Speaker 3: GRADUATED i mean that was kind of what made this sort of, formality and he walked with the seniors on senior. Day you, know this was, done and then all of a, sudden, boom he's. Back he's trying to get his master's you know in. Here but When dabo just kind of slipped after practice and said, yeah he's substitute, teaching right, AWAY i. KNEW i was, like, okay let's do. This let's go down. There you, know my wife's a. Teacher i've always had a lot of love and respect for that, profession specifically with.
Speaker 2: Kids and the fun.
Speaker 3: Part in talking To christian about, this and the wope, originally by the, way was THAT i was going to sit in on one of his. CLASSROOMS i, WAS I, will really wanted that to worked. Out it, Didn't but was talking with him about his passion with young, people AND i, mean, honestly in terms of my respect for, him when he shared a story about working with like a, nonverbal you know child with autism for a day and the impact it's had on.
Speaker 2: Him you, know get my, wife specialized, teacher like that hit me. Hard that's as hard As i've.
Speaker 3: Been hit in an interview during a, while and talking about you know it with such, Admiration SO i think you get different perspectives of.
Speaker 2: Him, look he had that play Against Ohio state where he got a little, handsy you. Know you, know he's a guy that's been very. Volatile he did the.
Speaker 3: Splits, like there's all these different perceptions of, him but when you actually sit down and speak to, him he's all, Academic he does all these. THINGS i just find him as a truly insightful. Guy and the fact that he's taking his time now and using it to just make a few extra bucks and work with, kids like that's just. Cool you, Know like you just don't hear a lot of, that you, know especially when a guy like that should probably be playing in THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl one of the. Things and we've done this in the, past but, now obviously it takes on a new meaning with a recent court. Decision is Gambling. Now, obviously as people who cover the, sport we are keenly aware of lines and perceptions and odds and preseason. Stuff but when you saw the news and know that it's obviously going to be dependent on the state for sports, gambling and THE ncaa has you, know sort of been a little bit weird about, things But i'm not sure they have that much of a voice about. It do you get the sense just in you, know whatever it is social media talking to people that just fans are going to gamble more if their state allows for things to pass through in that, state or is there an idea in your head that, like the people who liked wagering before will keep wagering and the people who didn't probably won't see a big.
Speaker 3: Uptick i'm somewhere in the, middle AND i do think that maybe this decision is way has overblown Because team out. Forever that doesn't mean it's not a hugely, important impactful decision that's probably ultimately going to trickle down into the way we consume games live and the way that the way we're expected to watch, games and our interest in. IT i like, baseball but if you allow me to sit in the baseball stadium and do live betting on every at that with kind of micro, Wagers i'm going to go to more baseball.
Speaker 2: GAMES i, will you, know, Like so that's just the reality in terms of you, know, betting you know. BEHAVIOR i think the really interesting thing about this, is you, know with a lot of betting, now whether you're betting with a bookie or, whoever your credit is. Good you don't have to hurt money up.
Speaker 3: Front you can you can you can wait to pay your guy if you have. To that's not the case with, everybody but this is this is definitely going to be a huge win for the casual better for the guy like me who on A saturdays will go to the horse. Track we'll go To arlington, here you, know At Arleko, heights we'll sit, down have a, beer throw some bucks. AROUND i think you'll start to get that kind of behavior from the casual.
Speaker 2: Guys SO i do think you'll increase the number of people that are wagering in. Time but to your, point it's not that hard to do this right.
Speaker 3: Now it may not be legal in some, regard but if you want to, gamble you're probably. Gambling you'll make it easier for people and you'll, AGAIN i think that where it gets interesting is if you put it in sort of the unique places the venues themselves and integrate it to the games, themselves WHICH i think we'll get. To but other than, that, NO i think it'll have impact with an enormous, story BUT i also don't necessarily think it's going to change the way things are being done right now a great.
Speaker 1: Deal so let's dive. In we have a number of questions about sort of win total over. UNDERS i don't know if you have them in front of, you BUT i will provide the information BECAUSE i have it in front of. Me. Memorize we have a number of. Questions we got a number of questions about The big ten and specific teams in The big. Ten somebody wanted to know About Penn. State there over under it is nine and a half after a year THAT i, mean there's a good amount of attrition in state college With jillmorehead moving To Mississippi, state and the defense is going certainly going to look, different but they've recruited quite. Well do you have a sense for that nine and a half number For Penn? State where's your confidence level in them once again looking like a top, seventeam.
Speaker 2: You, know and it's also interesting with wind.
Speaker 3: TALLS i Think Penn states nine and a half is pretty much like even money, Too so like the big thing with these, is you, know the juice will sometimes get depending on where you're, looking like you, know nine and a half plus two thirty for the, under you know things like, That AND i know With alabama and.
Speaker 2: Stuff they've had that. Historically this team is a really tough team for me to figure out this.
Speaker 3: Year and, HONESTLY i think there's no reason for me to believe that That Terseik sorely shouldn't just continue to do what he's been. Doing granted you lose like the old some video games cheat code Who and it wasn't just you, KNOW i was thinking about this the other day and BECAUSE i just think About Sequon barkley randomly during the, week AND i feel, like as you. Should, yeah it wasn't just, offense but like how many games did he set the tone, in like with kick returns and like those third down plays where he was doing something absurd to extend.
Speaker 2: Drive like there is such these these. Moments he was like a moment's.
Speaker 3: Guy AND i worry when you lose a moment's, guy you're you're gonna have. Problems but offense should still be Good McSorley could be. Awesome, ye defense should still be pretty. Good out of conference scheduling.
Speaker 2: Is, terrible which is what you look. AT i kind of lean.
Speaker 3: OVER i feel like this number is right where it should. Be you, know you house stayed at, home like you're, good get you, play have to go To, michigan but the rest of these conference, games You're you're comfortable at your place and you play tough. There SO i do kind of like the.
Speaker 1: Over, okay fair? Enough are there Other Big ten? Teams? SPECIFICALLY i look At wisconsin AND i have a nomber of questions because their defense loses a number of key. Guys this Is Jim leonard's second, year but, he you, know had a really nice INHERITANCE i would say in his first year as defensive. Coordinator they obviously have a really good backfield In hornibrook And Jonathan, taylor but the schedule gets harder and we're a year. Removed do you believe in the infrastructure Of wisconsin or does this feel like an under year for?
Speaker 3: You this feels like the team and Maybe i'm guilty of. It that's getting like an unusual amount of buzz at this time of the, Year like this is his summer. Team washington And wisconsin to me are like those two, teams AND i really LIKE i kind of like both of, them to be, HONEST i really Like. Washington out of conference scheduling. Stinks IF I it's, Stinks so that's. Fine you, Know i'm a big ten, guys and go for. It get those wins when you. CAN i do think that the road games are pretty. INTRIGUING i, Mean iowa is always, Tricky michigan's always. Tricky kind of state for due late in the year could be. Weird they're going to run the ball like. Crazy they should be really. Good But i'm kind of with, you there's like an assumption that they're going to be this is going to be the best offense.
Speaker 2: That they've they've like had in quite some, time and it and it might. BE i, Mean Jonathan taylor is incredible and probably could push it to two thousand yards this year if you're. HEALTHY i still worry about quarterback, Though like when that's not that's not working for you at some point with some of these teams in some of these, places At, michigan even At northwestern that Pens. State the back half of the schedule is just kind of weird for, Me like there's there's a lot of games that they should basically these games they should, win but there's games that they certainly could. Lose So I'm i'm a.
Speaker 3: Believer it would not shock me if they got back to where they, are and yet because of the way they're set, up it would Be would it be a surprise to see them duplicate the the, incredible basically almost blemishless success of last year and the, Answers, YES.
Speaker 1: A team THAT i was curious about in The Big ten just because they seem like the quietest successful, team if not in The big ten the country Is. Northwestern they just seem to keep winning, eight, nine ten games a. Season last, YEAR i think things broke really. Nicely they have two overtime Wins Michigan state And. Nebraska this, year the schedule looks, trickier and you, know the addition Of Notre dame later. On the over under is seven and a half wins For. Northwestern and Maybe i'm just a Late may Early june, pessimist but this it does feel like a seven and, five six and six year For. Northwestern as things get trickier and they open At, purdue on A thursday.
Speaker 2: Night, Yeah northwestern is Super iowa now where, like, yes it can be five and, seven it could be ten wins and you probably won't know the difference between them, somehow like it'll just all feel the.
Speaker 3: Same and it's incredible the job they've. Done i'm hoping to get.
Speaker 2: Over there actually here in the next few weeks and the next month to kind of check it. OUT a new facility looks. Incredible it looks like you're on a like a tropical island looking at The Lake. MICHIGAN i think the question here is the quarterback helse too Like Clayton. THORSON i mean that was the one of the, freakiest oddest injuries in That bowl. Game you know where he's catching the. PASS i mean. That but he's really. GOOD i mean the SENSE i get from talking to people and you, know people who are connected with THE, nfl is they really like this. Kid like it's not just kind of the manufactured little engine that could At northwestern. Talk it's if this kid's healthy and right in a year where there's not great, quarterbacks he can be he can be. Excellent but in.
Speaker 3: Terms of like the, schedule a how fun is that opening night game Like purdue is like now college. Football twitter's team all of a sudden and like A thursday night game where we're starved Like. Northwestern For purdue and For, due it looks like it just a delicious chunk of meat to sink. Into SO i can't wait for That. Duke extremely, tricky extremely tricky after. That so like your first two, GAMES i know it doesn't sound like murderers over for Doing. Duke that is like you, go oh and too. THERE i mean that's the tricky part. Here and you're looking At, akron which you're gonna, win and Then, Michigan Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Nebraska SO i kind of like the under. HERE i think this schedule does not sit up. Well then he's throw in the back end Of notre game At Iowa. Wisconsin like to, me this.
Speaker 3: Is very, QUIETLY i think one of the more challenging, schedules certainly in The Big.
Speaker 1: TEN a team you mentioned earlier for liking as a summer team and maybe a fall, team Washingtam washington has an over under right now of ten, wins which feels about. Right they have that formula coming back of really good, coach really good, quarterback very promising. Defense you, know lose a couple key, pieces obviously notably in the middle Of Vita vea on that, defense but certainly enough to feel very good about the schedule seems. FINE i think they go To oregon a week after going TO, ucla which is. Tricky they have a short week Before Washington, state BUT i think that is After Oregon. State so not as much concerned about a really tough back to back LIKE usc had last year in going To Washington state on A friday. Night But washington at ten, wins it feels very, pushy if not maybe like there you can talk me Into. Washington aside from that really difficult opening game In atlanta Against, auburn like they just it feels like an eleven and one, team.
Speaker 2: You, know it, does like it numbers right where it should.
Speaker 3: Be by the, Way i'm not into the, narrative but, like if they lose that game To, AUBURN i, mean we've spent the better part of two and a half years talking about how bad The.
Speaker 2: Pact twelve is as a.
Speaker 3: Whole that's a that's like a big narrative, game right if like they.
Speaker 2: Lose because this is a year you'll have an.
Speaker 3: Off season of height AND i kind of believe, AGAIN i believe in the HEIGHTST i think this team's going to be pretty good and if you lose that, game it's going to be. Crushing but this is kind of What washington is lat, too, right like criticized them for that wolful out of, companies and when they made the, playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's been the kind of the focus of the pack.
Speaker 3: Twelve LIKE i don't want to make this game sound bigger than it. Is it's an awesome, game by the, way. TOO i mean that's just a really fun game and quarterback play. EVERYTHING i really like this team that left tackle excuse, me quarterback running back is very more underrated player in the country Than Miles, gaskin like a truly like twelve hundred yards thirteen hundred, yards thirteen hundred, yards has scored like a like forty touchdowns more than, That, like the guy's been really really. Good i'm the Part i'm kind of trying to figure out With washington Is Browning like last year was so that like this, kid you, know looked like he was going to be a, star like a, star AND i still think he kind of. Is he's been very productive still and yet last year he was just. Not so if he can be the kind of player we think he is or we've seen seen him, be they're going to be. AWESOME i think they'll they'll be able to get through that. Schedule but no that that that you, know that slate is not without its. Potential you, Know Land, Mines oregon could be a really really fun. Game you, Know, Stanford Washington. State the end could get, weird as it usually, does so plenty of, Spots but in this, Instance i'm kind of riding along with the.
Speaker 2: BUZZ i get why people are excited About.
Speaker 1: Washington there seems to be more and more attention paid To Tom herman And, texas even though recent results For texas certainly not. There they're over under his seven wins right now with not a ton of, confidence it looks. Like but people are curious as to Why texas is looked at as as having budding potential for eight to nine even more. Wins do you think that's rooted more In texas or more in the changes within The big twelve at quarterback and the teams that looked very good last Year, Oklahoma Oklahoma, STATE tcu all have new. Quarterbacks you know some of whom have, lost you, know, Coaches Iowa state is certainly a team who made noise last. Year they are overhauling on defense so that they've returned their Quarterback West virginia with a toss, up is it more rooted in a newer look big twelve or young. POTENTIAL i think For, TEXAS i.
Speaker 2: Think it's a.
Speaker 3: Combination it's it's a really good point because you, know their primary Competition, Oklahoma, well their starting quarterback could be drafted by a baseball team here in the next few weeks and not play or, not so there's so much kind of up in the, air AND i, think you, know With, texas to, me this is one of the most difficult teams to try to understand like they're what they're going to, be because there were times last year where it looks like they solved their quarterback. Problem they are, explosive big, plays and then defensively the area you think they'd be solved and they had some pretty good players and they still. Do they would just be carved. Up so it was just like the rhythm of that team was all out of sorts last. Year And i'm not exactly sure what it is to push it over At. Eds in, truth it's probably one of those quarterbacks, whatever just taking this by the hornelt, sudden you, know in those first four, games you, know scoring sixteen, touchdowns getting sort of your The colt McCoy feel back to it is the quarterback play as a. Whole there's been some glimpses with these. Guys it's just been too inconsistent for it to be, tangible AND i think that really has impacted the entire.
Speaker 2: Team you, know it's just they can't there's just something.
Speaker 3: Missing like the secret sauce, there which was What horman was so good at At, houston like was so good At like there was just that extra.
Speaker 2: Thing beyond having good. Players they've got to find a way to recapture, that AND i think they. WILL i, mean they've recruited too too well not for it to not. HAPPEN i just don't know if it's going to happen this. Year they got to solve their. Quarterback they've got developed young. Players it feels like we're a year ahead of. Time and that schedule, too is kind of kind of. Funky it's just you, know Usc maryland's not THAT i, mean that's a game those are games you could lose.
Speaker 3: Games, yeah it's it's just everything on that, schedule you, know Minus. Kansas so every game on that schedule gives you a little bit of like like Even Iowa, state you, Know Texas. Tech there's every game here just says If texas isn't, right they might lose.
Speaker 1: That somebody asked about the over under Of South carolina and theirs IS i believe at, seven if not seven and a. HALF i will verify. That right, Now South carolina is at seven. Games AND i found this one to be pretty. Fascinating when you look At South carolina's schedule and what they, return there's appears to be too. Surefire just write it. Off georgia And clemson Knock South carolina down to ten. Wins, correct, Correct but aside from, that there's a stretch between Late september and essentially the middle Of november that is At, Kentucky, Missouri TEXAS a and M, tennessee At, ole miss At florida where you have you, know if you're, lying if you're saying you have any concept for any of those. Games South carolina feels like they can. Win just the fact that there is less, attrition more consistency that they should be able to win three out of five of those, Games like it doesn't feel crazy to say, that which would put them at eight. Wins what is your sort of yah? Take but, like what is your feel On South carolina at this? Point just for continuing to?
Speaker 2: EXIST i feel odd saying, This LIKE i feel like a well Muss champ team may be one of the most watchable teams in college football this.
Speaker 3: Year like in, truth LIKE i love love their. Players they have awesome wide. Receivers they've got a great. Quarterback like this offense is so good THAT i don't think he can butcher it AND i watch him butcher. It SO i think in terms of they are going to BE i think they could be really.
Speaker 2: GOOD i mean they won nine games last, year which is which is again another season Like Group western where you just like look at and, say holy, crap that. Happened there's no reason for them not to be. Good Like i'm not going to do the whole dark HORSE sec dark horse playoff, thing BUT i.
Speaker 3: Know that If i'm playing, them If I'm, georgia this game concerns Me week, two like this this really worries, Me like this is not necessarily the team you want to play, Here you no exactly like this is this.
Speaker 2: Team could be a. Problem you get guys back from, injuries WHICH i think is, Huge AND i mean there's been moments With bentley where it looks like he's going to be just, Phenomenal like it really could be a guy that takes that next. Step so he is. Odd we have to kind of acclimate ourselves to saying the most chance got the, goods BUT i think he. Does and, again it wouldn't surprise me and all to see them get nine.
Speaker 1: Wins again Fair and let's let's go from angry will mushamp to happiness because it is, Today today's the thirty first Of, may which means essentially tomorrow is when people start really getting into that summer. Mood and so we asked for summer. Questions AND i don't know, Why Maybe i'm, wrong but it seems to me that people who spend a majority of the year are a good chunk of the year in the bitter cold are the most excited people for. Summer and since you live in The chicago, area AM i correct in assuming?
Speaker 2: This, oh there is no doubt we had a we had a miserable.
Speaker 3: Spring, yep we had a miserable spring and it was a miserable ish. Winter and we've kind of just gone into ninety degrees here In, chicago and there is no, Doubt like you go around my, neighborhood it is shirtless bike riding with like middle aged men and.
Speaker 2: LAWNMOWING i mean.
Speaker 3: Me it's like the most satisfying satisfying thing for me is lawn.
Speaker 2: Mowing sure that that is my that is my.
Speaker 3: Passion like WHEN i am not watching college, FOOTBALL i like mowing the.
Speaker 2: Lawns so that is like peak. Dad but also REALLY i.
Speaker 3: Think summarizes what you're saying is that we are starved for sun and we actually have some, now thank, goodness and it's probably going to be like we went FROM i feel like zero degrees to like ninety degrees in a matter of like three and a half, weeks which is not a typical, here but it even makes, us you, know to dive in that much more.
Speaker 1: Drastic what is So i'm glad you we have this question from a longtime Listener. Dan he, says what activities are being shirtless? Acceptable what activities you know include acceptability for? Shirtlessness you mentioned that the peak dad life of? Lawnmowing do you, biking, running dog? Walking getting the? MAIL i guess it sort of differs neighborhoods to neighborhood and region to. Region do you find most acceptable if any you KNOW i.
Speaker 2: AM i am not typically shirtless dad.
Speaker 3: Guy, Okay, HOWEVER i know HOW i judge, people AND i will be shirtless dad getting the mail in.
Speaker 2: Trash that's My that's that's, throwing, right, like that's that's the.
Speaker 3: THROWING i know that the one move that is concerning to me is shirtless. Driving i'm not a big fan of the shirtless, drivers you, know like and you get a lot of that like, that that to me is just kind of, gross like you just and it's NOT i THINK i just think about your poor, car like put a shirt, on like you're. Driving other than, that, however AND i also WHEN i see shirtless bikers as someone who's taken a spill every now and, THEN i, think oh, GOD i think about what you, know and this is even more dad thinking about you.
Speaker 2: Falling it's like.
Speaker 3: That you're wearing a helmet but no, shirt, Sir like that seems ill advised if you pummel but other than.
Speaker 2: THAT i yea you. Are so WHILE i may not.
Speaker 3: Partake, Always i'd like to have a shirt on WHEN i mow because of you, know grass and other. WEIRDNESS i think the problem here Is i'm, LIKE i just like don't like bugs and that kind of. Stuff, Right So i'm generally shirt. Guy but the only instance THAT i will judge you if you are a non shirt guy is if you're driving an.
Speaker 2: Automobile, Yeah i'm with.
Speaker 1: That and this QUESTION i think goes with the idea of riding a bike shirt, list which is. Madness this comes f ust From, robbie AND i cannot believe this is a. Question and this is not to Shame robbie because he sort of indicates that he's a. Partaker he, says pool etiquette. Question this is assuming it is at a public or neighborhood, pool eating particularly messy foods like, ribs, wings or, burritos and using your stomach and our legs as a napkin and then jumping into the pool to clean. Off is this? Acceptable, like good god? Man like first, aig.
Speaker 2: It's it's a, Thig LIKE I i did not know we were human, Napkins LIKE i didn't even know this was something was if it is a, thing Like i'm floored right?
Speaker 1: Now theres around there.
Speaker 3: Has to be something like where are you eating in the middle of like a deserted. ISLAND i, mean, look look all, right science looks. Science the chlorian is.
Speaker 2: Gonna kill all of. It it doesn't really, matter DO i truly? Care not? Really but AM i just.
Speaker 3: Taken aback by the whole? Thing and you're you're just your etiquette eating? Food, yes they make napkins for. This you don't have to use your your bear. CHAIN i actually now.
Speaker 2: Though When i'm at the, pool this is Something i'm going to look. For is the rib wiper? Guy? Also, wait eating ribs at the? Pool can we talk about that? Too? Like is? That? Like what is like When i'm at a. Pool i'm trying to think like the messiest Thing i'll. Eat i'm, like you'll eat a, wrap or you'll eat like.
Speaker 3: My kid's chicken, fingers, Right, Like i'm not eating like buffalo wings at the pool or. RIBS i think that's also a problem.
Speaker 1: Here who wants to put a burrito in before jumping in a?
Speaker 2: Pool what pool is?
Speaker 3: This by the, Way, also where are we serving? Burritos at, pools like unless you're sneaking in the Old. Chipotle so there's a lot of concerning things about. This to be quite, HONEST i don't necessarily have a huge problem with you wiping it on yourself as long as it's, is you, know have a. Blast but maybe you should reevaluate food choices first and then you won't have to worry about wiping it on.
Speaker 1: Yourself does this answer change if it's the ocean or A.
Speaker 2: I actually. WAS i was actually thinking that when you were asking to do. It like the first THING i came to my mind is just like a forty five year old shirtless man covered in barbecue sauce just walking into the ocean with his arms rings, right like just free as a.
Speaker 3: Bird it doesn't change like the fact that you're still eating messy food on a, beach which is like the most horrifying thing. Imaginable ribs on a. Beach it's like that's got to send like chills through your. Spine so it does change the. Conversation it doesn't change the WAY i would evaluate what food you're eating in a certain.
Speaker 2: ENVIRONMENT i will.
Speaker 1: Say this though about ribs as somebody WHO i don't make. RIBS i live In New york and SO i don't really have access to. Smokers but there is something that becomes very. BEACHABLE i don't, know but if it's poolable but beachable about leftover cold ribs on a hot day that EATING i like a good, cold whether it's a spare rib or baby back, rib, Whatever all of the sudden it BECOMES i don't know why the temperature affects, it but a leftover cold, rib like leftover cold fried, chicken it suddenly feels like it. Works AM i? Crazy, no, no, no, no you're.
Speaker 2: Not my fear of all of this isn't the leftover. Component it's like the. Sand and this is again someone with two. KIDS i have two kids under the age of, three and we just were planning our vacation now To. Florida we did it last, year AND i remember with the sand Like i'm haunted by. THIS i had sand all, Over LIKE i got home like two days.
Speaker 3: LATER i feel Like i'm still pulling sand out of my ear or something from these children in. Sand SO i worry about, That Like i'm not SAYING i eat. SAND i want to make SURE i present this. Accordingly like but when you get sand in your mouth. Accidentally that's a that's a jarring, feeling especially when you're trying to eat something delicious so that your rib desires post first. Consumption i'm all for it's more Of i've always had a very hard time with the. Beach Like I'm you've got to make sure you're doing it right, there otherwise your food is going to be just completely contaminated with.
Speaker 1: Sand so what will you bring to the, beach like if you had to recommend to, somebody BECAUSE i will try to eat lighter or bring lighter, food maybe freeze some fruit something like, that some trail, mix whatever it, is so you just sort of like pop and. Go LIKE i like beach. ACTIVITY i don't like. LOUNGING i, like you, know boogie boarding or you, know just, swimming, bodysurfing, playing throwing a football, around. Whatever what is your go to because now that you have two little, kids, well, yes transport for eating at the.
Speaker 2: BEACH i feel like sandwiches are your safest bad everybody's hulling it at all. Times you ziplock bag.
Speaker 3: Them you, know it's not like, gourmet but you can take care of business and get enough. Food SO i feel like if you're eating out of the, beach it's not like a. Throwaway you're just basically trying to get by or and you don't want to eat like a big meal before. That So i'm not going to recommend. That LIKE i am totally on the little kid diet, Now so IF i was packing this.
Speaker 2: Lunch not even worried about, me But i'm worried about my. Kids it would be, chatter, cheese gold could hour and like a peanut yellow and it's just a penum include fruit in, there but we're just going to pass on extra at the. Beach, so like all these things are very easily consumed and. Handheld where you'd have to put something down is WHEN i start to lose it a little. Bit now you can bring a table like you're seeing people do it like they've got it actually amazes. Me AND i don't know if you've ever been have you been to a raveny around?
Speaker 1: Here which is the strangest place to me because you go to concerts and you can't see the person.
Speaker 2: Performing now you're in an open. Field, however revenue which to give people a full, backdrop it's just this, contract uh you know this this venue that gets i'd say good to average musicians in the. Summer, sure and, uh it is.
Speaker 3: Huge it's this open, field but it's in a it's a pretty nice area of of like the, suburbs and so people with money come and there they're setups for these these food, spreads like it's basically sitting on. Grass always amaze, Me like you'll get someone with like a salami plate that's on like a you, know like this enormous portable. Table it's, like it's just incredible the way these people do. Food that is HOW i need to translate that mentality to the, beach AND i feel like my experience would be a lot.
Speaker 1: Better oh, easily. Easily, well we'll stick With midwest summering because this is a good question THAT i have an okay answer for because you Mentioned florida as a summer. Destination somebody asked for a state that is not widely concer to be a summer, destination but you could have a great summer time in this.
Speaker 2: State, WELL i am An east, coast So i've got a few different answers.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah i.
Speaker 2: Am i'll give you my. First my, Desire like this is What i'm trying to plan IS i really really want to go to Like. WYOMING i really want to venture out to get out. THERE i always did a story With Josh allen And.
Speaker 3: I've really enjoyed, it And i've heard if you find the right spot In wyoming And montana that you can.
Speaker 2: Really have a great.
Speaker 3: Time and so it's kind of just an off the beaten path like venture out.
Speaker 2: There the other thing for me, personally.
Speaker 3: It's like if I'm i'd like to, disconnect you, know and it'd be great to just go somewhere where you can just kind of be out, there not necessarily around, people like disconnect from. EVERYTHING i don't THINK i can get the wife and two children to buy into this, yet so it's on. Hold i'll give you a few others if it wasn't so god not awfully. HOT i am really falling in love with The Carolina South carolina to me is a really really great love going To clemson you mentioned In Christian.
Speaker 2: WILKINS i was thinking.
Speaker 3: About, That, drew you, know you, Know, charleston things like that beautiful. Area the problem is ultimately what you're going to run.
Speaker 2: In, yea it.
Speaker 3: Is and then my last one would, be you, KNOW i was born In New, jersey kind of grew up. There i've always been fond of kind of the Upper if you drive Through, maine you drive through Upstate New.
Speaker 2: YORK i mean there's some there's some goodness to be had. There spent a. Week if you're a, gambler one of the things that you can do is check Out. Saratoga have you ever been? Dan have you ever gone?
Speaker 1: To it is.
Speaker 3: Fun it it rains like hell and you won't know. It AND i remember hearing that for the first. Time but if you want to go in, somewhere bring a, cooler can bring the, fan bet on some.
Speaker 2: Ponies it's a that's a really kind of neat set up. THERE i got to get back there because it's been a.
Speaker 1: While what is what is the best for a a lake and enjoyable. Trip what is the Best midwestern lake states? BETWEEN i guess the three biggies would Be, Minnesota, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Michigan, Yes i'm biased here. TOO i got married In wisconsin On Lake. Geneva and have you ever been up?
Speaker 1: There haven't been To Lake?
Speaker 2: Geneva, OKAY i am so. Again i'll just answer this with completely biased city AND i have not done a lot Of minnesota And michigan Yet i've done Some.
Speaker 3: Michigan New buffalo is. Great we got a good casino up there. Too but The Lake geneva And wisconsin's little boating town probably about i'd say an.
Speaker 2: Hour From, milwaukee two hours From. Chicago if you like. Golf they've got great golf, courses but it's kind of very old. School really good, food really good fried chicken At. Popeyes they also have, good you, know great great fish. There it's it's.
Speaker 3: Quiet my only concern would be if you do one of like the mainstay. Weekends and this is the CASE i think with like any good small voating, town you're gonna just get hammered with.
Speaker 2: Tourists it's becoming less and less of like, this you, know off the. Destination it's more of like.
Speaker 3: Now if you're there For fourth Of july or Even Memorial. Day we drove through it last, weekend you're gonna get. Bombarded But i'm a huge fan Of Lake geneva and Just wisconsin as a. Whole wisconsin to me is a just an incredible. STATE i, mean it is just these people know how to. Live And i'm trying to be In wisconsin as much as.
Speaker 1: Possible my answer for, this aside from The Midwest, states WHICH i haven't really spent a ton of time doing lake stuff in The, midwest is if you go to The Pacific northwest over the, summer you're getting, ocean you're getting no, humidity you're getting good, food you're getting. LAKES i mean there are lakes In. Washington Like washington itself is. Beautiful it's right by The university Of. Washington you, know there are sounds and. Islands you can go well watching terrific. Food i'm unbelievable food and, Like so if you have the cash to spend some time Around seattle or The Pacific, northwest that would be my. Answer you lose the, humidity you get the, food you get the, water and you can fly there from.
Speaker 2: Anywhere SO i have not spent much. TIME i.
Speaker 3: DID i went to the opening last year In, oregon so you did the Whole nike. CAMPUS i was blown away By, hey just the just the look and. Feel it felt good but like and we got really good. WEATHER i mean we're talking like seventy five And sonny and it's like breathing.
Speaker 2: The air felt, Different like the air felt LIKE i would walk outside and it was LIKE i could finally breathe. Again it was. Gorgeous SO i AM i love. That i'm absolutely looking to get back there because that is not a part of the. Country i've spent enough.
Speaker 1: Time do you have a go to marinade or rub for grilling? Smoking that is your, standby even across different, meats different, cuts.
Speaker 2: Whatever, sure this one's this one's kind of moderately. Interesting So i've been messing around with, this you, know in the. Winter you're, right we don't have much to, do so we just try and cook things something that. Works some of them it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't BUT i got a little tired of frying. Wings try and make them a little. Healthier and this is not going to set up, healthier but it. Is But i've kind of found a good brown sugar marinad THAT i.
Speaker 2: Like so it's a brown sugar, base not healthy, Obviously chili.
Speaker 3: Powder onion powder you mix, in some, onions you mix In i'm trying to think what else for their salt, pepper it's it's somewhat, simple olive.
Speaker 2: Oil you mix it, up cut up your. WINGS i let it sit for about a day and a half in just like a one gallon bag and THEN i actually.
Speaker 3: Don't i'll bake them versus grill, them and the baking seems to really kind of crisp up the. Sides so if you're like trying to pretend to eat healthy and don't want to fry your, food like this gives off the impression because of the way the brown sugar and everything else kind of wraps around the wing of, being you, know a fried. Wing SO i love that absolutely like. That that's been my go. To the problem is and next time you are out, here you will have to we should really go here because this IS i will vouch for. This i'm not mister this is the best in the. World but there is a place probably five ten minutes from WHERE i, Live frank's for The memories as the wing place it's called it is the best defalo Thing i've ever, had is The it is the best, WING i think in the. World so What i'll do sometimes is make my wing which is it is, good it's good, enough and Then i'll have THAT i realize how FAR i. Am so next time you're out.
Speaker 2: Here that we have to do. This it Is ranks for the. Memory franks for the. Memories it is fantastic and hole in the. Wall it is. Perfect it is everything you look for in a wing.
Speaker 1: Quilts oh my, god that's. Incredible, YEAH i would. Recommend AND i think this is just specific to a very specific cut of, meat but it's been my go to WHEN i make carne. Asada Roy, choi who has a famous place out In la Called Kogie park he has and it's a carne asada. Marinade it's like four, hours you can do it overnight, whatever and it's a good blend Of mexican and there's a little bit of mirror for you, know The asian. Sweetness if you just look Up Roy, Choi Roi choi, asada it's LIKE i think The New York times has the recipe and it is. Phenomenal it's you, know roasted. Hold it's a little, convoluted but it is one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Worth it in Totally And i'm always looking for the because marinate, too turning into like a dad lecturing, Podcast but like the MARINATING i like because when you get, home it's. Madness so when everybody's like a, sleep you can cook your dinner for the you know WHAT i, Mean like you're ahead of the. Game, yeah so like So.
Speaker 3: Marinads in terms of dad prep is like with the, house as crazy as it, is sometimes it's like a. Lifesaver you've done your work after.
Speaker 1: Hours will you bring A bluetooth speaker to a, pooler beach or?
Speaker 2: Lake, No, NO i will. Not we actually just got Like, alexa you, know and it's kind of freaks me. Out, yeah my daughter knows how to use, It like it's just kind of But i'm not LIKE i find. It i'm mildly.
Speaker 3: Irritated like if somebody is blasting, MUSIC i may like that. Music the only Place i'll bring a speaker, occasionally it's usually.
Speaker 2: My phone is like the golf. Course If i'm playing with, somebody we can put on, music but that's still a private. Event if we're, near somebody will turn it. OFF i feel like it just feels, Wrong like you, know it's, like you, Know i'm airplane seat at a kit where you're pushing your. Seatback i'm not that. Guy this feels in.
Speaker 3: The same genre of impacting somebody's outdoor, experience doesn't It like it's just it's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: TOO i don't need music that.
Speaker 1: Bad, NO i think it depends how secluded you. ARE i think that's the right, answer but blast the music so everybody around you can hear. IT i think it's just the old man in, us BUT i think you got to go a different.
Speaker 3: DIRECT i do, too and you're. Right it does depend where you. Are but if, you're if you're if you're impacting somebody else's experience.
Speaker 2: In some, WAY i. DON'T i don't want. That it's just it's just good old fashioned common.
Speaker 1: Courtesy final question is From ryan and this could not be more different than everything we've talked. About But i'm sort of pumped that it's on a college football. Podcast and since you mentioned you have two kids under three this, Summer i'm trying to potty train my. Daughter oh, god tricks or advice because this is technical summer. Question have you potty?
Speaker 2: Trained, yes my daughter is potty. Trained now give me was a little like.
Speaker 3: One, well here's the overwhelwhelming. Advice gotta wait till they're, ready, right wait till they're.
Speaker 2: Ready that was the big, thing and Then i'll, go.
Speaker 3: You, know because if they're, not it's going to be a. Disaster but the, big big, thing and this has worked with. Everything instead of chart my wife, teacher we have a. Chart did have a chart in the. Bathroom every time you did the, deed small, pride all, right for every time was a small. Pride and then at the, end with a certain number OF, x you, know potties.
Speaker 2: Executed this is. Great you would have like a trip to check e cheese or.
Speaker 3: Something, incentives, incentives, incentives and it worked.
Speaker 2: In like two. Weeks that was the amazing.
Speaker 3: Thing there was like all this tension and build up and weirdness leading up to. It you throw off some incentives, there you get a few, successes and then, boom within like two, weeks it's like you'd never have to worry about it. Again so, Far i'm saying that it's going to be a problem in like the next few, days but so, far so.
Speaker 1: GOOD i like that there's almost analytics to, it like there's after you hit a certain number potties, executed deeds, executed that you just have to hit that magic. Number AND i like THAT i can also tie this together that, basically if the big thing is patience and waiting until they're, ready not all that different than smoking a large piece of. Meat you can't do, yes you can't ask for it before it's. Ready it's ready when.
Speaker 2: It's, like how you can bring these two, together these very two similar things together at One but, no it is it is kind of traumatizing it first as a parier. Thing you're going to do this if in, doubts you, know give prizes is horrible parenting. Advice, sure but in the instance of this it. Works.
Speaker 1: Well here's here's my, final actual final, question BECAUSE i feel LIKE i have a good, ANSWER i, think BUT i don't know if it is actually. Good maybe you won't. Agree mark wants to know board shorts Question mark netting Question mark how? Long Question? Mark do you have bathing suit thoughts in twenty eighteen THAT i assume are going to be very different than your bathing suit thoughts in like two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Three, Yes i've got medium takes on bathing. Suits, okay whatever you want to wear is. Fine. NOW i in the, SUMMER i like to swim. LAPS i do this at. LUNCH i am not a profe. Swimmer if you watch these swim, laps you'd, say my, god that poor man is. Drowning that would probably be your thoughts As i'm swimming back and forth in the. Pool but you, Know i've gotten satisfactory at. It and What i've found Is i'm not out there in the, speedo But i'm an above the knee shorts guy now because of like it actually makes an. Impact, Okay i'm not wearing, Goggles i'm not wearing the old skull. Cap, Okay i'm not shaved. Down but that's like my very loose criteria is. Goggles and THEN i found if the shorts are just like slightly above the, KNEE i can. Operate and because.
Speaker 3: That's really like the only time that and with kids in the, Pool i'll go. SWIMMING i don't have a problem with board, shorts per.
Speaker 2: SE i. DON'T i don't really have much of an issue with swimming. Suits it depends what.
Speaker 3: You're gonna do with, it right like, that to, ME i rarely see like a huge fashion statement unless you're going FULL. Mankini and if you, are honestly and you can wear, it god bless you like, it they don't go for. It i'm just not a man seeny.
Speaker 1: Guy my only real, thought, like, listen if you want to wear bard, shorts wear board. Shorts board, shorts especially bagggar, ones will tend to make you look. JUVENILE i want to, say like the bag your clothes, ARE i think the less seriously people will take. You and that's fine if you don't want, people you, know at the lake or the, beach at the, pool, LIKE i get, That but sometimes people are putting on a bathing suit and they're looking to. Impress AND i also think going above the, knee LIKE i don't know how far above the, KNEE i don't go super, short BUT i don't go barely above the. KNEE i will go confidently above the. Knee it will lompin. You it'll make your legs look. Longer AND i think most people are are down with looking taller and leaner than they actually. Are, yeah and the netting thing is, fine you, KNOW i think most bathing suits have. NETTING i would also, say don't be boring with your bathing. Suit you want flamingo print on, there don't let don't let certainly your boring instincts take. Over just go for we only have a certain number of years in this. World you want two kids And flamingo's palm, trees go for.
Speaker 2: It AND i think that's an area where you can like really try some things out and people won't call you on.
Speaker 3: It like IF i see someone with flamingo bating, suit you, KNOW, i, oh, wow that guy's got a swimming of bating.
Speaker 2: So like, Me, like it's just like this is an.
Speaker 3: Area it's also the area WHEN i SHOP i feel Like i'm the like it's the least, area not like an area WHERE i really know nothing about WHAT i. WANT i just see something and, say, hey that's kind of. Cool LIKE i have no idea When i'm going to go look for a new swim suit THAT i, want like this red one with stripes down the, Side i'll just basically see one that's probably at a reasonable price that.
Speaker 2: You're right is above above the, knee and that'll. Work and to your point about ports, SHORTS i don't even know IF i probably have owned a pair Of boord. Shirts i'm SURE i, have but they are not it's not like an appealing look now LIKE i, look then you can understand why you wore something like they don't serve a ton of purpose other than being long and kind of goofy. Looking and sure we did. It but that's one WHERE i can't understand.
Speaker 1: Why if you are on the cast Of Laguna, BEACH i get. It i'm with. You where Boards but if you if you just live in your, life go above the, knee that's you know where what you. Want but this is this is the opinion Of Adam kramer And Dan rubenstein show, off show off work on the. Tam, Yeah, adam thank you very much for your, time your, insight your. Genius it all comes full circle with potty training and smoked meat and board. Shorts so thank you. Again where can people find your? Work and, uh what's coming up down the pike for?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Sure thanks, Man, no it's good. Fun Leasure report dot Com we've. Got this is a fun time of year for me because it's during the year no one really wants to talk to. You so right Now i'm not sure if they want to talk to you, either but they're more likely to.
Speaker 2: Talk to you in terms of putting together.
Speaker 3: Features so we've got more traveling coming, up trying to get around different, places and now it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Fun. Man we are how many days? Out we're under one, hundred, right we're under. Ninety, yeah we're in the.
Speaker 3: Nineties that's it's going to be here. Soon SO i am ready for, that ready for kind of the Media gauntlet.
Speaker 2: Season it should be should.
Speaker 1: Be, good, great, well enjoy your, Summer enjoy future potty issues with your, Children enjoy marinates and your eventual succumbing to being shirtless while you mow the lawn and get mailed it happen the paper or. Whatever cool, Adam thank you very much for your.
Speaker 2: Time thanks. Middy there it.
Speaker 1: Is we learned a. TON i promised you would and you, did season win, totals the first, quarterback displaced family Of, alabama summertime, ribs wiping on your, chest board shorts and why it's probably time to move on from, them potty. TRAINING i can't believe this us free, unbelievable but thank you again for. LISTENING i PROMISED i is gonna be back. Soon solidverbalatgmail dot. Com any, questions, thoughts concerns send them there or tweet us Solid verbal On, Twitter like us On, Facebook Solid verbal On. Facebook throw us that five star review On apple podcasts or, iTunes whatever it's called, today and we'll see you. SOON i. Promise the merch store is going up as we. Speak it'll be done and, amazing and we hope that you're able to support it if you. Can if, not that's cool. Too we'll still be. Pals so that's ALL i. Have thank you for, Listening we'll see you. Soon stay, solid, peace