Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hetget and we're joined by Bloomberg's Cloak Malay Cloak. Good morning, Really strong performance for Puma. What's behind the big gains for that share?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Puma is getting courted, It's getting quite a lot of m and a attention. So the Chinese company Anta Sports is said to be considering a takeover bit for Puma, and that's just one of several other bidders that could potentially be interested. That also includes another Chinese company called Leaning and also the a Japanese firm Assas. So investors reacted very positively to that, with the shares jumping massively this morning. Of course, all of those potential bids are preliminary. This is kind of early stages discussions, and big potential obstacle to any deal would be maybe the billionaire Pino family, which is the biggest a shareholder, and the expectations around evaluation from them might become a problem later on, but in any case, Pumo is in quite a tough spot at the moment. That means that sharks will probably continue to circle. So it's been failing to generate a lot of excitement around its new products, struggling to compete as well with Nike and Adidas, which are kind of the biggest competitors, and it still wants to return to growth by twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: But let's see if it survives until then. Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Remy Cuatro their latest earnings or do they show.
Speaker 4: So first half profit actually fell and same for sales, but that was that decline was actually a little bit better than feared and it also confirmed a guidance and so that's what the market has focused on. So there's some weakness, but it's not as bad as expected. This is very This is something that Remi Couantro has been. It's been facing quite a lot of challenges so including with including trade tensions in two of the biggest markets in the US and China.
Speaker 1: It's also faced currency headwinds.
Speaker 4: There's also been an alcohol ban for official functions in China that's not helped either. And this is all of those kind of challenges that have also been faced by its its biggest paer, which is piano rical as well. So there's been quite a lot of weakness there, but it looks like sales might be stabilizing. It looks like this consumer confidence is improving in China and the US, and those are the biggest markets, and therefore this has been seen as quite encouraging by investors, quite reassuring. The company said that it will probably manage to return to growth in the second half of its financial years, so it has shaken off some of those challenges. It is stabilizing and there's still quite a long way to go, but this was seen as quite positive for the market.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's on Remi Quacha And what about Deutsche BAUSA a sign if you're peon prosperity to come again, a stock that's been gaining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the exchange operator was upgraded to a BIO rating by JP Morgan. So the analyst said that the current valuation of the shares was failing to reflect the quality and the diversification of that business, and they said that twenty twenty six looks to be very positive for Dotcha Bosser and said that there's going to be some big political events, maybe geopolitical uncertainty continuing, which means that we'll potentially see more volatility, and that means that Deutsche Bosser could be benefiting from that could outperform. We've seen exchange operators across Europe really benefiting from the market volatility that we had earlier in the year, with really positive results in the trading divisions for your Next and the London Stock Exchange Group for example.
Speaker 1: This calmed down a little.
Speaker 4: Bit over the second half of the yearbook analysts at JP Morgan are saying that if that volatility does pick up, then that would be very beneficial for Deutsche Bosser. Something that has been kind of looming over those kind of market infrastructure companies is fears of AI disruption. So some investors are worried that AI models could make some parts of Dotchibos's business obsolete. But what anis are saying that is that the diversification of the business model for those companies is really helping with that and preventing that.
Speaker 1: So overall looks very positive.
Speaker 4: For Doucheboson, but we'll see if that volatility doesn't need to pick up next year.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.