Speaker 1: Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen that Bachelor Happy Hours, Golden Hour. Thanks for joining us again as usual, We're so excited to be back.
Speaker 2: We are so excited to be back. And how have you been doing, Susan good? Yes, yes, good, good good? Okay, Well, be sure to check out our latest episode. We've been having so much fun answer your questions and chatting with you with all your Bachelor Nation faves.
Speaker 1: And today I'm so excited we have a very special guest. Please welcome from our season of Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Teresa. Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, Susan Hi.
Speaker 2: Tersa. Well, we have so much that we want to dive into today, so let's get things started. First of all, Teresa, you look absolutely gorgeous, your color so nice.
Speaker 1: You're doing the hair the way I suggested.
Speaker 2: I love. Don't think I didn't notice.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't live.
Speaker 2: You look great. Okay, so recently got to know I haven't seen you in a bit. Just a wink here, But what have you been up to? What's new in your life? Tell us?
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, so much. You know, when I got off the show, I went back to my normal life with my beautiful family and my grandsons, and and then just recently though, I have had a whirlwind. July and Jinny so well, you and Leslie were all filming the show Paradise. I reached out to Susan. I said, why don't we get together, you know.
Speaker 2: Let's do it and a great time.
Speaker 3: Couldn't do it until June twenty first, amazing weekend. We had such a wonderful friend. And yeah, Susan was able to take advantage of my case I was.
Speaker 2: Dead and the air condition.
Speaker 3: I sort, I've lived for fourteen years with no air.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Wait a minute, she Susan, you did without air condier No, no, no, you didn't, hear she.
Speaker 1: I got to take advantage of the king sized bed and the air condition. I even made Teresa film me laying on the king size and send it to Gary.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well I'm going to have to move to the East coast, Teresa, so I can come and sleep in that.
Speaker 3: Ye. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we heard that maybe you're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not. There was something, but it wasn't bring me, so i'm not. And actually right now I'm not really actively looking. If it happens, it happens, I'm very at peace with my life. I'm happier now than I've ever been. And I don't think I have to tell you girls how wonderful it's been, how much this show enriched our lives, just for people stopping us in the street, just the community we get on Instagram, and so I know, it's just so it's been so fulfilling that way. Yeah, So yeah, I'm not actively.
Speaker 1: And Theresa, wouldn't you say things are different that you look for in a relationship now at this age than twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I mean, well, twenty five years ago, you're looking to start a family, You're young, and you have you have different goals in mind. And now we're so much more at peace and at ease with ourselves, and we really want to enjoy life. We want to have fun. We know the value of having fun because we don't know when.
Speaker 2: A last day is well. And Theresa, I know how close you are with your daughter and your grandkids. And I'm the same way, Susan. I've talked a lot. I don't know about you, but don't you just love having friends and having girlfriends to do things within your daughter and your grandkids. I mean, I actually you know love that and you, as you know, I roomed with Leslie and Paradise, Yes, and we sort of rekindled our friendship. And I know how close you guys are, don't you sort of enjoy that that with friends and we just go out to see her.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just wanted to see her. So will I will say this that Leslie felt the same way about you, Kathy. She said it was wonderful rooming with you and rekindling your friendship. And so I did want to say that I had a whirl one time because after Susan left, then I went to visit my son in South Carolina, and then I went to visit Leslie in Minneapolis, and then I had Peggy at my house. So it's been nonstoff. I'm so tired because I've got home last Thursday at four o'clock in the morning and I still haven't caught up with my fleet.
Speaker 2: But right, and you look great. If this is you tired, Teresa, you do it well because you look really pretty.
Speaker 3: Say but going thank you? But going so do you and going back to you know, girlfriends. Yes, tonight, I'm going right from work. I'm going to go home, put on a pickleball outfit. Then I'm going dinner with my friends, so and then and then I've been invited to go see Mom and Me on Broadway, going with another friend.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wanted to I can't go. Wait have you played golf lately? Have you?
Speaker 3: No? Because I've been away. So I just reached out to all of my golf girlfriends and I said, Okay, I'm ready. I'm back, and I'm back. I'm playing pickball. I'm going to play outdoor pickleball with someone else on Saturday. So I feel like I have a very full life.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait, wait to say, have you taken up pickleball seriously?
Speaker 3: Since no, I wish I could say I had, But I take a lesson and then I don't play, and so it's sporadic. So I just need to keep at it and be consistent with.
Speaker 2: It having Yeah, what do you like better? Golf or pickleball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take golf.
Speaker 3: I have to play golf.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to come to Austin. We'll all play golf together, because I do.
Speaker 3: I want to do that. That would be amazing, exactly, it was really hot right now, Yes.
Speaker 2: What do you think? So? Far about Paradise.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I love it. It's so much, it's so good. There's so many things to talk about in Paradise. When you talk about the young people and you talk about the old people, and I will say, Teresa, the most beautiful people.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Teresa.
Speaker 3: I do want to say, well, I'm proud of every one in of you who are on the show. You're doing a tremendous job. And then I just want to say that the first episode, and I even know if you notice this, that it's they seem to trivialize you guys coming on saying oh, aren't you cute? And look at them in their cute outfits. And I was a little bit taken aback by that. But the next episode they redeem them, redeem themselves, and it just seemed like there was much camaraderie amongst the groups. And it's just really interesting seeing and Kathy, Well, what you've done. That's really funny. You have some really good luck, some of them so funny.
Speaker 2: Well, Teresa, I zip it was just the beginning of my one liner, but I have to say, I think you're right, Teresa. I think people well, first of all, I want to know, did you why didn't you come to Paradise? Can I ask that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So at first I was really so excited, and then I realized that the reason I was so excited is because I wanted the reunion with all the women, and I didn't know exactly who was going to be on. But then I looked at the men and I didn't see a match for myself. So I didn't want to go on and not be true to myself and maybe take the attention away from someone else or not. And I thought, let me just sit back and enjoy others, you guys being here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. I mean I felt I felt the same way too when Garret up Gary that was Freud did what Keith said on the show, he had no romantic interest in me, and we had talked about that, but I don't. Wouldn't you all agree that at our age, having close friendships with guys and with women and our children, all of that is just as important as having a romantic connection.
Speaker 3: You know, you're right, So after I'm seeing it, I probably would have gone on. If I thought of it that way, that we could have just formed a friendship, then absolutely I would have gone on.
Speaker 1: So why think of it, Because Paradise is about poking up and being falling in love with somebody, just like our show.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's what I thought it was. And I thought, it's a lot of pressure to be in a relationship. But if yes and so, but if I could have thought of that way, let's just be friends, then yes, I would have gone absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean I went, just to be clear, I went Teresa and hoping that to love, to find love. But then when I got there and I realized, no, this really is just friendship. And then I just started thinking how important, you know, friendship is with women. And that's what I love about the Goldens from our show. We've all I wish we got to see each other more. I still think, Susan, and I'm putting you in charge or you to so you're really the organizer. Okay, we need to have a big reunion with everyone. Maybe maybe we don't have to invite Gary we Speaking of which, I wonder about this book. What do you think about the book coming out?
Speaker 3: Anxious to see what he's going to say in the book.
Speaker 2: He's only going to say nice things about you.
Speaker 3: Actually, what are you going to say in the book? He said, oh, well, you know I wanted a contract. I can't say anything, so yes, it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of wait, can I share something?
Speaker 1: He sent a text that his book is coming out this fall, I think November. It's going to go fast, so reserve yours now. And Nancy text him and said, well, Gary, I think it would be lovely if you gave all of us Goldens a copy.
Speaker 2: And he needn't respond, and then Theresa, I think you know that Gary dated Christina from our show for a while.
Speaker 3: I know that, but I mean a while ago. I'm actually the one who suggested he go out with Christina.
Speaker 2: Susan so did the same thing. I said, So they went out.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: They went out for like six months. Oh yeah, and oh yeah, and he let her read part of the book and yeah he did and and yeah, and I said, he better said things about all of us, and so who goes.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So he said, we get a book, will you autographic for us?
Speaker 3: I will, and I'll give you a copy.
Speaker 1: What about your thoughts on mel the next Golden?
Speaker 3: Oh it's really funny. So when that podcast first came out, I actually created a video in response to him, and I never put it up, but it was very sarcastic, and it was you know, I know, I ad hear that you you really only want to do it. There was forty five to sixty. And I don't blame you because we're all all intocrypted, because everybody's.
Speaker 2: You think he meant, Teresa.
Speaker 3: I think what you know? Honestly, look at all the men who were on Jones season, all with younger women. I think it's the way of the world. So I think that what mel was doing was some type of prejudice. He was prejudging per a woman of that age and just discounting every one of them as though they would not be a viable partner for him. I know that that he will most likely apologize, say that he was wrong. Look at these women because they're all gorgeous. But he's going to episode. He doesn't have a choice. He can't go on this show and continue without acknowledging what he did. There's no way he can.
Speaker 2: Do that, right, So what would your advice be for the women? I mean, if what would you like for the women on the show, it.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be so tough, and I would, you know, I would say, hey, maybe I don't even want you like you have to prove yourself to me, Like why they should just be themselves And I'm sure they are lovely, beautiful, gorgeous, accomplished women and he will just see them for who they are and see how wonderful they are. So what would they do? Yeah, it can't be that he's the one that's only judging them. They have the right to decide whether or not they should be there.
Speaker 2: And but seriously, if Teresa, if you were one of the women on the show, and you're beautiful and you don't like your age, you could have been one of the women, what would you have said to him?
Speaker 3: I would say, it's so nice to meet you, and what you said was very offensive and very and you as knowledge narrow minded, and I really would like you to acknowledge it and to you know, apologize.
Speaker 2: But would did you believe him if you were apologized? Yeah, I don't know. Not would you believe the apology? But would you believe that he could really be interested in because like I said, you're a you're a you know, a beautiful woman.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has right, he has apologized, But what I accept? Yes, I would. I would. I take everyone in face value, and I like to second guess anyone. And if they're telling me that, they apologize, and I will accept that and I will believe them that I will. I like to only believe the good and everyone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, looking back on your time when you were on the Golden Bachelor, what a piece of advice you would have given yourself back then.
Speaker 3: That's so easy. It would really be to really be myself, which I wasn't. I was not myself. I was very I was very closed off. I didn't express my joy, I didn't express my laughter. And so yes, to be to be war myself. And I know that you were able to do that. I think Kathy was able to do it. It just wasn't me.
Speaker 1: And has your view on love and relationships changed since then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at it absolutely.
Speaker 3: I you know, before I went on the show, I did date a lot. I was on the dating apps mainly matched and I will tell you I want to hunt on hundreds of dates and nobody was ever the right place.
Speaker 2: Wait for me, Wait, did you see hundreds of days? I can lift overs please.
Speaker 3: On a Friday night a restaurant, and then the next time I go on a date with someone else at the same restaurant, and.
Speaker 2: Did you find it exhausted?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I gave up. I said, it's.
Speaker 2: Day lunch and dinner or lunch drinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was done.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of us have the same story. And then when this came along, I thought, well, they're gonna scour the whole United States for the best person, so let's put it in their hands. And I'm not as anxious or you know, I'm not looking for it. I'm not actively looking for it. But if it happened, it would be wonderful.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question, and this is maybe an uncomfortable question, but I've always been curious about it. Forget where you and Gary got to do you do you think things might have played out differently with him? I was gonna say, Teresa, I I know how hard it was for you and Gary, but I appreciate your honesty because I mean, you can never know what would happen. I think, as you said, you and Gary probably wouldn't have ended it up together just based on your personalities. But I think you know you taught a lot of us. You gave us a hard lesson for you, but a good lesson for the rest of us, And can take in our time and making sure it's the right guy, and.
Speaker 3: I mean the right line. There's so much to be said about living in close proximity to the person. It's very difficult to have a long distance. Susan knows it's difficult doing it.
Speaker 2: And I wonder about Joanan Chalk, don't you care.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way as you. I wonder about them, and I hope that it's working out for them and maybe when they yeah, they will live.
Speaker 2: I got through Theresa. I always say, like I said to the guys in Paradise, I say anyone who asked me I'm the goofball that if I found the guy I love now, I might draw the line at the cornfields of Indiana, I will. I'm with you. I'm with you, Theresa, But I'm with the girl who would pick up and move. Susan, I had the girl to pick would pick up and move to Saint Martin and say, I don't know. I don't know that's going to work unless I if you were working like Chalk's working, right, So either that or doing what you and Gary were going to do, which is moved to a new place. But I don't see how a long distance relationship works over time.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Kathy, it really is so difficult.
Speaker 2: I want everyone to hear that to take well.
Speaker 1: For me, I'm telling you what's my long distance. It is difficult. Five weeks is the longest we've gone and it sucks. But ideally, eventually, when one of us don't work, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Spend the summers there, it's too hot.
Speaker 1: I think ideally he could come up here in the summer and I could live there in the winter.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yes, that'd be amazing.
Speaker 2: Theresa, I have a big question.
Speaker 1: It is no secret that you and Kathy had drama on The Golden Bachelor. This is your first time with us, so we have to let our fans know. Now that it's been two years, looking back on it, what do you both think about it now?
Speaker 3: I will say that I wish I had known what Kathy had gone through with our husband. I did not know that. You know, I know that, and I did think that Kathy was my best friend in the house, and I did tell her those things in you know, confidence. I didn't know that anyone else knew what I said, and I never you know, if Kathy had known that, I was so hesitant to even go and that I wasn't really looking to be the person I wasn't. I was so excited about that date because I kept thinking, I'm not moving to Indiana. But when he said off, he zaid, I'm sick of the lake. I'm sick of taking a boat in and out of lake. I want to move to Charleston. A light bulb on off of my head. And that's what got me so excited. Oh well, maybe this is meant to be because my son lives in South Carolina, so that I got so many women in my life, my daughter, my daughter in law, my two sisters, all my friends, and I had no one to tell it to, and I thought I was telling only Kathy, and I didn't know well.
Speaker 2: And I will say, I just want a clear boy thing. First of all, with Teresa and I have you and I have seen each other. This is the first time you are on our podcast, but this is not the first time you have talked. We've talked on the phone, We've been together in DC, and I think, you know, I think none of us were really totally ourselves on that show. And I but I what I want listeners, what I think about it Susan, you asked, I think that you can grow at any time in your life and Teresa, and Teresa, I think you would agree with me. I would like to see more of you. I wish we live closer.
Speaker 1: I wish she was jealous because she can't come. She hasn't been invited yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm coming. I'm just saying I think that, and you're welcome to come to Texas. We'll we'll, we'll find you about a big ten gallon hat and boots. Yes, I think I think you know.
Speaker 3: We just needed to know each other better. We were strangers. It's almost like you're in a car and you're getting mad another driver for cutting you off. It's an impersonal situation. So that's really why I shut up after that. I really got closed off after that incident. I felt like I couldn't say anything, and I don't think anyone to go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Teresa.
Speaker 3: I wish I had known your story. You never shared that with me about your husband, none of us.
Speaker 2: Do you mean about my husband's suicide?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought I had told you no, But you know what that that is just a part of my life and as I've said along like, you know, it was married almost forty six years and no, you and I did talk about there's no perfect marriage, right, but yeah, suicide, but you lost your husband, death of a partner changes you. And then it's finding your way back to the light. And I think, Teresa, you and I have both found our way back to the light. And that's why I celebrate that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I think life is agreeing with both of you because both of you look radiant and beautiful and those smiles are worth.
Speaker 2: And so do you.
Speaker 3: How nice of you to say that, thank you.
Speaker 1: Anything you're looking forward to and then your future, any any exciting plans.
Speaker 3: You know what. I'm just looking forward to continuing to either reconnect with all of you and to continue the friendships that we have and to grow with the you know, the people that I talked to online. I'm you know, I'm sure you do too. I've made really, really good friends. I feel like there's a sense of community. I've been hesitant about sponsoring products. I would say that that's been a problem of mine, and I think I might go, I'm good with you, I might start doing it if I need products that I actually use or I would use so that's that's been the issue for me. But you know, I probably will venture out more and say more about the things that I do in my life, you know, the health health wise, maybe talk about stuff market about my gardening, like I.
Speaker 2: Really to the beach.
Speaker 3: I had to Oh my god, this is terrible. I just got a.
Speaker 2: Teresa. I was going to say, you look like you have a tan. But I have to say to you when you talk about selling stuff online, do you remember I don't know if I said it to you, but I've said to a lot of people like I'm not selling toothpicks online like I handed to you. Teresa. You stand, you stand behind that way. You're believable, stand on what you believe.
Speaker 1: Right right, we're talking about people in cars, remember us saying going down the road.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm very surprised Susan didn't get a speeding ticket. Oh wait, she got that after your house. Okay, we're going to move along. We're going to move along to the question of the day. So here we go, uh Tosa, We love your thoughts on this, so this is our advice section of the episode. Also, we're gonna kick it off with the question today. Okay, here we go. It feels like everything is a sign that you're getting older, from bad hangovers to sore joints. What was the moment that you felt like you were officially entering your golden years? What was transformation that transformation like for you? And Toisa? You better think carefully because I know my answer.
Speaker 3: And that's a really tough question for me, because I feel ageless. I really feel I feel.
Speaker 2: Is I even my answer?
Speaker 3: I feel that getting old is a choice. We can choose to look old and old and old attitudes.
Speaker 2: Reason, give me five right through the computer. Give me five there, Yes it was. I haven't made the transformation. I don't feel old. You look beautiful. We're jed. If we're not, we're not you know, we're not.
Speaker 3: Always possibilities in our lives. We don't feel good. I really did you know? When people say online to me, well, they say to me a lot, you're dress too short, there is too long, And I want to say, and I look at the person, I say, but you decided to become old. I didn't. And if you can carry it off, and if it makes I say, whatever makes you happens happy to each his very own, I will not intrude on what you do if as long as you're not farming anybody else in this world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but don't you really makes you happy? Don't you? Wait? Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 1: And Teresa and Kathy, don't you both agree? As we did get older and we're in our golden years, we don't care as much what people think. That's the one thing that I've noticed major change in me. I don't really care what you think.
Speaker 2: Teresa, did you always care what people thought of you?
Speaker 3: Because okay, so well I always did care, But me too. I agree with Kathy. I'm sorry with Susan that now I don't care. So I'm the oldest person in my office, and these young people they'll be afraid to confront someoney and go just give it to me. I'll just do it. I really don't care. I'm over fifty, i'm over sixty, I'm over seventy. I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's the major change I think that I.
Speaker 3: Think they're right. You know when I should have said that I agree with you completely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, so I'm an odd man out here because I really I never cared. I did, but not as much as probably I should have. If we're being honest. I mean, I just I always felt. But it's what Susan wore talking about earlier. Teresa, I used to in my younger years say exactly what I thought. Now actually I do care what I say, and I really try to temper believe it or not. I try to temper what I say and be much kinder because I know that my delivery sometimes can be tough. So now I think more about what I'm going to say. I'm going to say amazing.
Speaker 3: So you're learning and grow, continuing to.
Speaker 2: Grow, and that's the thing I could I plan to do. And in fact, you're absolutely right, Like I think your hair is beautiful. If I could wear long hair, I would. I love that you you do the things that make you happy. We should all do those.
Speaker 3: Things and my hair if that makes me happy, right right?
Speaker 2: But my point is why should someone else. I think that we've all got to the point where we're like, what's it to you that I have long hair or that I wear They.
Speaker 1: Have opinions and they're very opinionated online.
Speaker 2: They have come their computer.
Speaker 3: But don't you get a kick out of them sometimes, Like you get a kick out of them that there is interesting to hear what people have to say.
Speaker 2: And sometimes have a question does it bother you? Because people ask me this all the time. Does it bother you? If you hear negative comments about yourself online?
Speaker 3: Really bother me? It doesn't right If if several people are saying the same things, then maybe I have to look at what they're talking about and maybe it's legitimate.
Speaker 2: But I've don't know so they don't know you to me, but.
Speaker 3: I'm saying about my apperance. But I have a daughter who is really stressed. Sets me straight on every day. She'll say, no on that looks bad, Oh my god, put a different broad Oh my god, do this? What did you do with your.
Speaker 2: Because she sounds like my daughter? Tell y'all.
Speaker 1: Brittany used the line, mom, never wear that again, and I repeat that to people.
Speaker 2: What I feel like that My daughter nurse and my granddaughter came yesterday and my daughter is like your daughter. We're very close. And she looked at me and out of the clear blue we're just walking last night down the street. She goes, Mom, I've turned into you that you.
Speaker 3: Love hearing that, that's so fantastic because my daughter did too. She's a gardener. She eats like me. I didn't tell her do any of these things? Great? Oh, it's great, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get into the advice part, Teresa. What we do is read some things that people write in and they need some advice, and we'd like you to share yours.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we constantly get write ins from goldens that have lost their partners and are grappling and getting back out there. It's hard for them. I know, what advice would you give them?
Speaker 2: Number one? And what do you.
Speaker 1: Think really helped both of you when you were navigating dating again. Also, what advice do you have for those that are struggling with even being ready to find love again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I was going to start with that, I would say, the first thing you have to do is really make sure you are ready, because I know when I grieved, if there's a grieving process, and I cried, and Kathy probably will say the same thing. I cried every single day, and then I felt every day and I felt mad, and I was sad, and I regretted these I didn't do. And I think it was a full almost two years, and so be absolutely ready. And the moment I was ready, it was New Year's Eve, and I said to my daughter, you know what, I just want to have dinner with a man. So maybe and she put me on matage and maybe just do it that way to start out with friendships, even if you go on a dating app, and I think that's probably the easiest way to connect with people, even if you're just going to be friends. Don't look at it as though this has to be a romantic connection. Go out and meet people and then join groups as things you're interested in, and just even have the mindset that you are open and then your attitude, your attitude will project to other people and smile at people. That's the hardest thing I had is that you know to make eye contact with someone you know then and then smile at them.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 3: I am a male male, Yeah I do, I do.
Speaker 2: I have a few, But I find the men that wanted they don't want friends, they want to day.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, if you start out thinking it doesn't have to be a romantic connection, just to go out, and so if it doesn't work out, then you just say you were a lovely person. I just don't think we're the right person for each other. But you're right, most men don't. But I got into conversations with men. I mean I became some of their therapists.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, But your advice would be, make sure you're ready. And while is there a moment like you said, New Year's you got up and said I want to have dinner with you?
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 1: What was the moment that you decided, okay, it's time to move on?
Speaker 2: Well, Teresa, you're absolutely right. I think I had my first date before I was ready. So when was I really ready? You guys aren't going to believe me. I don't think I was really ready till I went on Golden Bachelor. And it wasn't even going on the show. It was meeting all of you and hearing your stories and sort of reflecting on my own life. I thought, you know what kind of if they can do it, I can do it. I don't know if that makes sense, but I just felt the camaraderie of other because when my husband died, Teresa, to your point, I cried every day, and I remember I could cry now, and I remember saying to my husband, to my therapist, will there ever be a day where I don't cry? And she said yes, but it's not today. So I think for me. It really was going to the Bachelor and seeing these women that were all in our our age range and hearing your stories and thinking I can do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, that's that's really great. And you know what, you can hear a lot from me about me being upset about my husband because I felt that I had gone through the greeding process. I was, I was done, and it's so it never came up for me as an issue and it almost looked like, oh, did she like her husband or buck, But no, it did.
Speaker 2: I never felt that way. I never felt that way. I thought I thought the part of your story, Teresa, that I remember was talking about, and I don't know if I learned this on the show or after the show, that you were married very young and you were married in the basement of the church. Is that right now?
Speaker 3: The basis of my mom my mom, my mother and dad home.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't a fancy wedding.
Speaker 3: And oh, actually I got married in church, in a Catholic church, but the reception was in our basement.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. And I remember you saying it was you were very young and it wasn't a big fancy wedding. I just remember the use talking about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I said that, Yeah, that's true. And then I immediately went to Berlin and lived there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh my god, wait, I didn't know that. I really got married and we moved to Scotland. Really wow, we're still learning. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: And how long did you live in Scotland?
Speaker 2: Two years? My husband was an officer in the navy.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, my husband was drafted during the Vietnam War, so it was only there.
Speaker 2: I knew that, but I didn't know. You want to live in Berlin? Did you like?
Speaker 3: It was amazing? I loved it. I remember standing on a corner street corner, going, this is a once in a lifetime experience. I will never be here again. I have to really save ry this month.
Speaker 2: How were you there, Teresa?
Speaker 3: Just nine months? It was only nine months, and you won't believe this. While I was there, I was in an army in production of the Man of La Mancha and I was the lead Aldeliza, and I didn't don't have it on film. It was tremendous. They were all the is very talented people who were drafted, choreographer, singers, dancers, and at the end of it, a group to these two men came up to me and said they wanted me to be the lead singer in their group.
Speaker 2: You can, yes, we can. I have Frank Sinatra in.
Speaker 3: The car and you used to be I can sing. Okay. I just turned to tack because I was so homesick for what Jersey City?
Speaker 2: Yeah right right right there.
Speaker 1: Said now that you we've gotten to ask you all kinds of questions, we want to open the.
Speaker 2: Floor up to you.
Speaker 1: Do you have any questions for Kathy or I?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yes? Actually did you write them down?
Speaker 3: You knew?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Okay, go I have wine?
Speaker 3: Yes, I should have some. You have wine?
Speaker 2: I don't have one. I need wine. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: What do you feel, Kathy would make you happy at this point in your life? What are you looking for?
Speaker 2: You know, Teresa, that is such a good question, and the answer is different now than it was six or seven months ago. I would love to find the guy to travel a way, to go out for dinner with. I don't think I'm cut out to get married again and spend twenty four to seven with a man. I would love to best friend r No, not even the best friend. I would love to be able to travel more with my girlfriends. You know. I had such a great time with Leslie and Paradise, Susan and I went to Greece. I would love for us all to get together, having friends to do things with and having a guide to have dinner with. That's really what makes me happy, spending time with my grandchildren. I treasure and my family every minute of it. I don't need a man, I would if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was a great answer. I think I agree with you completely. I feel the same way. But yeah, different and Susan do you.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to day.
Speaker 3: I want to day too, And I don't know that I'm ready to live with someone. It's so great to have someone to go to dinner with and to sit around and watch TV with.
Speaker 2: But you you like when you cook, do you? And we've gotten used to like doing what we want when we want, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: That you meet has to be okay with that.
Speaker 3: I sleep like a princess like I sleep.
Speaker 2: She does too, And she has the little room.
Speaker 1: She has this big, gorgeous room and she stays in the little room.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, what do you think. It's the biggest misconception that women our age in intellectually sexually.
Speaker 1: What the people think we're old and we don't have what it takes anymore, because we're probably more sexual now than we were in our twenties when we were having babies.
Speaker 2: Like now, what do you mean more sexual? Whoaoa whoa? What does that mean? More sexual? We enjoy it.
Speaker 1: We we're in touch with our own bodies. We know ourselves better, and when you're with a partner, you can relax and not worry if the lights are on or not.
Speaker 2: I am who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable in my own skin. And I think younger people look up at us like they don't have a clue or you know, yeah, and they don't have the clue.
Speaker 3: And that's sort of what I meant when I saw the reaction that the younger people had when all of the Guldens came on, like oh, like as if we've never had like oh don't we don't have sexuality anymore? That they couldn't even picture it, And like, I think.
Speaker 1: We're more sexual and sexy now because you're comfortable with yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we when we were. Let's be clear, none of those young guys on Paradise, let me just be clear, they didn't think we're sexy at all, clear, But I don't care, right, that's the that's the way. We don't care. But I want to know, Teresa, where do you because honestly, I feel like you've changed what I have as well. Where do you see? I hate them when you see yourself in six months or a year, But yeah, where do you see? What is the most important thing to you right now besides our kids and our green kids, because I know you're as close to yours as I am to mine. But you know what, what does Teresa want?
Speaker 3: I really do want to be in law I do. I think that love is the most important thing. Love is the most delicious feeling in the world. Yeah, it's the most wonderful feeling. So I am extremely open to it. But you know, I want to ask both of you do you get approached by young mengcause I've got many thirty year olds in my direct messages.
Speaker 2: And I have I just have to say, first of all, Teresa, just to clear the error or be clear, I would love to be in love. I'm saying for me, love doesn't necessarily mean twenty four to seven in the Sunday I love. I love your description of it being delicious. It absolutely is. So there's that I have to say. But Susan and I were in Greece. I met the owner of the hotel. Let me just say, ladies, if I disappear, it's because I'm back in that hotel. Her.
Speaker 3: Wow, why he was staying there?
Speaker 2: He was such a sweetheart. Oh, I tell you my kind of guy. Have you reached out to him, Kathy, We've we've chatted a couple of times. But let me let me repeat. He is he's fifty eight years old. I told him how old I was. He said something to me and I said, can I tell you old I am? And he goes, I don't care. He said, you are beautiful, you are smart, You're I mean. He soon kept saying he's into you. I was like, no, he's not.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't believe me. You could tell, you could tell.
Speaker 3: You can't let that go? Know why something about it? You can't because connections are so hard to get in this one lives.
Speaker 2: There are a few people, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You did the right things to day with them.
Speaker 2: But again, I can't fly to Greece every week every day. And I just told you, if I'm in love with the guy, I'm going to be with him and if he's working like this guy can't retire. He has a daughter and he's hotel to hotel.
Speaker 3: But then can't you go through and say, like for three months and just see if it were out and keep your home.
Speaker 2: Okay, but let's say it does work out. Am I moving to Greece and not see my family? But he said you have to go for you go for a few months? Is not really true? You know it is true.
Speaker 3: You are open to relocating.
Speaker 2: I am to Greece. We can argue all day long, Terresa, Are you would move to Greece?
Speaker 3: Because I understand the children and grandchildren?
Speaker 2: No, I would move hear me, Chalk. I would move to Kansas or wherever he lives, Whichifa, because that is a flight, that's a two hour flight. I would go, spend three weeks with Chalk, fly back and spend a week with my grandkids. I would do that. Okay, flying for three months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, No, seven hours, seven hours to three hours, it's just four hours.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. Greece was ten hours from all it was ten hours, it was nine it was nine. Yeah, that's a long flight though, long hours and forty five minutes coming back.
Speaker 3: We'll maybe you just have a romantic fling, okay, and so you just do.
Speaker 2: It for three months, okay to me. So I'm gonna make a deal with you before we wrap this thing up. If you have a romantic fling, you and I can fly together to Europe and we'll each have our flings and then we'll fly back to our grandkids.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, ladies, that does it for this episode. I think you can go on all night.
Speaker 1: That does it for this episode of Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour. Thank you so much Teresa for joining us here and we do need to make a plan, and thanks for sharing your advice.
Speaker 2: Billy, it's been having you, Teresa, I love Thank you so much, and we thank all of you for joining us, and be sure to follow Bachelor Happy Hour because we have new episodes coming out every week that you won't want to miss.
Speaker 1: Make sure to submit your questions to us. You can go to bachelornation dot com, slash Golden Hour, or dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour. Thanks so much for tuning in.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time. Listen to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts until next time. Have a great week, Yes,