Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: If you put something on your dating profile or your dating app and everybody thinks it's a joke, but it's one hundred percent serious.
Speaker 1: What here's supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Laugh at yourself a little bit.
Speaker 2: For example, on my JAD date profile, I wrote, my mom made this dating account without my permission because she is that desperate for me to find love.
Speaker 3: After you made the profile, you didn't take that part. I thought she did make.
Speaker 4: It for it.
Speaker 2: She did, and then I took it over and I was like, I didn't make this, my mom did. The women did not think it was funny.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so, I think it's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And one of our listeners, one of our listeners knows exactly what it's like to be misunderstood on the dating apps.
Speaker 1: His name is Mike. So, Mike, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, how it did say.
Speaker 2: In your email that women do not believe what's written on your bio is actually real?
Speaker 1: What's on there?
Speaker 5: So? Yeah, I put on my profile that I'm a car jitsu expert.
Speaker 1: What carjitsu cargitsu, not jiujitsu?
Speaker 2: See Brook, This is why people get confused. Even just the word doesn't make it.
Speaker 3: What does it mean you like grapple with automobiles.
Speaker 5: Well, everyone thinks it's a made up term, right or like the funny way to say, like I'm a mechanic or something, right.
Speaker 1: Is it not?
Speaker 3: You didn't make that up?
Speaker 5: But no, but I but I do it. It's a real sport. And I could you guys a video clip in my email?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have the video clip that you said.
Speaker 2: Look, let me take a second to show my co host because they have not seen this yet.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to look?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, Oh I've seen.
Speaker 3: Oh they're doing jiu jitsu inside a car.
Speaker 1: They're fighting in a car, doors closed.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we're in the backseat. Now. If I saw at the beginning of this video, I would think it was not something that was suitable for work.
Speaker 4: And you know it's literally street car fighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know they're doing jiu jitsu in the car.
Speaker 5: This is how it works. Right at the start of the match, you have two people stood in the driver's seat and one in the passengers. Okay, okay, So now once the match start, both fighters we just unbuffle ourselves immediately. We just attempt to like get at the other person. We tend to like subdue them in the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is like Brook and her husband at makeout.
Speaker 6: Point the other I mean spoiler, but I always win, Okay, I mean is it frustrating that people don't know what this is?
Speaker 3: Or are you okay with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All the girls ask me about it and they get really confused.
Speaker 3: Isn't that why you put it on your profile so you could send them videos of your sexily grappling with men?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I put it on my profile because they ask you what your job is, right, and that's my job.
Speaker 1: Expert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I travel around internationally for this. Oh wow, Europe even Asia one cool?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, slat boxing is huge in all these other countries right now, and people hus in America, but it's like literally generating millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: There's lots of strange, unusual sports that people don't know about, and it's good that we have a backup plan for when our careers go down the drains.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to do that pony prancing one where you act like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm sorry Mike that we spent like ten whole minutes trying to break down what car jitsu is.
Speaker 3: But he's fascinating though.
Speaker 1: So how does this get into you and your date that you went on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so pretty much. All the girls asked me about it, right, and they get really confused. But Catherine, she said she's actually seen it online before.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Catherine is the woman that we're going to be calling today.
Speaker 3: You found the one person.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: So did she like take a huge interest on your date?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That really helped me break the ace with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, where'd you go?
Speaker 5: We went to a bar and it was going all right, but things started getting a little out of hands when we started drinking in.
Speaker 3: A fun way or a bad way.
Speaker 5: Well, uh, she basically stood up and said, my boyfriend will take anyone on ink.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, but she called you her boyfriend, so that's do you like that or do you not like that?
Speaker 5: I loved it?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Wow. She actually pulled out her phone and showed me videos to a few tables.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's not horrible, but everyone was laughing.
Speaker 3: Funny, it's the move from the front seat to the back seat was funny.
Speaker 1: Roll with another girl.
Speaker 3: You don't know jiu jitsu, You don't know what's happening rolling around.
Speaker 1: Fighting in a car. They were you offended that there was laughter.
Speaker 5: Well, I get it's kind of different when it looks unusual and a little funny. But I've been training for this for years, you know, and I do make a decent amount of money from this, you know, like I'm living from it.
Speaker 1: It makes sense to you, that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: But I mean, did that ruin your date because it sounds so good, like she called your boyfriend?
Speaker 5: She yeah, but afterwards she realized that maybe she was getting a little bit out of control.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's embarrassed.
Speaker 5: No, well, she kept saying, you're mad, and and like, really, I wasn't mad, but I was kind of getting annoying annoyed that she's telling me that I was.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm really not. I'm going to be if you keep saying that.
Speaker 3: It really does sound like they're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: And the fact that she.
Speaker 2: Was like, look at my man, you don't want to let her go. I understand why you reached out to us. What's happened since that night?
Speaker 5: Pretty much? Bro, she's not calling me okay.
Speaker 3: All right? And do you have any idea.
Speaker 5: Why she might be embarrassed? Because she was a bit drunk. But I don't take anything about it, like, I still think she's an amazing girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right, Well maybe you just need a chance to tell her that, you know.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why I call it. I hope you guys can get her on the line.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, that is that a threat? Because I don't want to make you mad or anything. Dude, I'm I hope you're I'm mad. He drives to the station. He's like, get in.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna do whatever you say here, Mike. We're just gonna come back. We'll call Katherine for you, and we'll make sure that you get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't hurt me, second date update.
Speaker 2: We've heard a lot of people's stories on this show, their professions, their interests, and hobbies.
Speaker 1: This might be one of the strangest.
Speaker 2: Though, because one of our listeners, Mike is a professional car jujitsu fighter, Yeah, or car jitsu wrestler.
Speaker 1: I said, don't know what the exact terminology is. It's like, m m it's like a car artist, yeah, artists whatever. He is.
Speaker 2: He's a pro at it. Yeah, But somebody who was familiar with it and was proud of him. Was his date, Catherine a little too. She was so proud that at the bar, she drunkenly stood up and challenged any man there to fight.
Speaker 1: Her boyfriend in car jitsu.
Speaker 2: And that's where the fun kind of ended, because she began to sober up afterwards and started saying, are you mad at me?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: I told everybody about that and showed them the videos. Are you mad?
Speaker 2: And he kept saying no, and she kept saying, yeah, I can tell you're mad at me, You're mad?
Speaker 1: And that didn't go well.
Speaker 2: So now here we are days later, she might be too embarrassed to talk to him again.
Speaker 1: At least that's what Mike thinks. Mike, are you mad at us?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean if we don't get him to.
Speaker 2: Day, So, do you have any any final thoughts before we call Catherine?
Speaker 1: Anything else that we should know?
Speaker 5: Look, I really want to see her again. I mean, it's just really rare to find a girl who actually knows about this and who's probably going to be willing to support me through it. You know, she was literally with my biggest cheerleader that night.
Speaker 3: Well, I can totally imagine her when you're in the middle of a match or whatever. It's her banging on the window, cheering for you of the car under they have round girls.
Speaker 4: You know, the trump and then she just comes out and does.
Speaker 1: A little circle.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, maybe she can get into the profession a little bit too. If this works out, I'm going to dial here right now.
Speaker 1: Let's see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hi? Is this Catherine?
Speaker 7: Yah?
Speaker 1: Is this hey Catherine. We're a radio show.
Speaker 2: We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're hoping to borrow just a few minutes of your time.
Speaker 1: If that's okay?
Speaker 7: Uh no, did you say no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't. We don't get no very often, Catherine, Can I ask? Can we ask? Why?
Speaker 1: The thing is?
Speaker 2: We're not calling on behalf of us. We're actually calling on behalf of somebody. You know, a guy named Mike that you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh wait, does that change things? Do you want to talk to us now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Because we don't just call random people for no reason. But this is part of a segment we do called second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Okay, so sorry, we're on a mission.
Speaker 4: We want to hook you back.
Speaker 1: Up with Mike?
Speaker 8: What what if I don't want that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Well, here here, Jeff, Mike just wants to know if he did something wrong, you know.
Speaker 1: Because he told us the story of what happened that night, and.
Speaker 7: God, it sounds like a fun night.
Speaker 9: It was a fun night. I have been barren there.
Speaker 2: He mentioned that you stood up at one point and challenged everybody in the bar to fight him in card jitsu.
Speaker 3: I did do that, Okay, did anyone I'd never heard? Did anyone try to take him up on that offer?
Speaker 1: Or you?
Speaker 3: I guess it wasn't his offer, it was. It was your offer, my offer.
Speaker 7: Someone did, but he didn't make it in the car, his life or whoever was with him, like said absolutely, Okay, you got that like.
Speaker 1: A courage I can babe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, well it sounds like maybe that wasn't the problem. Then with the night, we're trying to help Mike figure out if there was a specific reason that.
Speaker 1: You've been avoiding him or not wanting to see him again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So here's what happened. I was embarrassed, and I told my roommate about the situation, but she didn't know what courgeons to us.
Speaker 7: So I showed her a few videos.
Speaker 8: Yeah that I absolutely cannot date this guy.
Speaker 1: Whymate has she battled him and lost in a file.
Speaker 2: You can't date my mortal enemy.
Speaker 9: He No, I mean she made some valid points.
Speaker 8: You know, he's a professional fighter, and so he's gonna get hurt and if this turns into something more serious, I'm gonna have to take care of him while he's hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that every woman's dream to take care of a man like a baby child.
Speaker 3: Especially when they're retired. They're at their peak. It's so fun to be around. They don't reminisce about the old days at all. Sometimes are different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a good point lessay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that just doesn't sound like fun to you.
Speaker 7: It doesn't.
Speaker 8: And then you know, I know that a lot of football players they have that concussion sydroom when they get older.
Speaker 3: Really scary. It's really scary.
Speaker 9: Our distant fires don't even have the helmet.
Speaker 3: So exactly, Yeah, you get really hurt in jiu jitsu. No, but jiu jitsu isn't about being punched at all.
Speaker 1: Cold card jitsu, Okay, get it right.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 1: The rules of cardiffs.
Speaker 2: It didn't look like it was like the friendliest.
Speaker 1: Of Brooks run.
Speaker 4: A lot of times it's like the hole that's a pin, it's something else. It may not be like knockout status.
Speaker 3: Do you think we're like way jumping the gun, Like, yeah, I mean you are thinking about twenty yeah, five steps down the.
Speaker 9: Line here jumping the gun. But I'm looking for something.
Speaker 8: More long term, and so I pully admit.
Speaker 9: I'm like, all right, if we have kids, like I did that whole bit, If we have kids, how long is he going to be doing carget two for like he can't possibly the kids in.
Speaker 3: The car.
Speaker 4: Back and then they're fighting.
Speaker 3: They could start in those little driver cars.
Speaker 2: No, I could see why you would have some concerns about the future of your guys' relationship, but we're not the people to defend that. The only person that can is Mike himself, and he just happens to be on the other line right now, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: He says, No, yeah, that's how this works, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you should not calling me because your roommate thinks is too dangerous. Come on, look, look, I've trained so hard for this. This is literally what I do every single day. I trained hard not to get hurt. That is literally my main job is not to get hurt.
Speaker 3: Are you hearing that?
Speaker 8: I understand that they're doing fine right now, but maybe in the future.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: If someone wraps the seatbelt around your neck and both too hard, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I would never let that happen. Come on, I got this little counter thing that I do with my two thumbs. It works every single time.
Speaker 3: Whoa that happens.
Speaker 2: Don't give away your secrets to all the card jitsu listeners who might be fighting you in the future.
Speaker 1: You don't want to give it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah a minute, this is like way more violent than I expected it to be.
Speaker 9: Maybe she's say, that's what I'm saying. This is something I have to think about.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I never realized she's concerned about your future there, Mike. Is this something that you see doing for like the rest of your life as a way to earn income?
Speaker 1: You say, you make money.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's what she doesn't understand. I do have a backup plan.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your backup plan?
Speaker 5: Boats? Would you say boat jitsu?
Speaker 1: Boats? Boat jitsu? From Jsu to boat.
Speaker 5: Listen, it's an up and coming sport. It's so big and Portugal right.
Speaker 3: Now, look at that, Cathering, I live in Portugal.
Speaker 4: It's like a rowboat fight it's on.
Speaker 1: It seems equally as dangerous.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's it's definitely more safe because if you fall, you fall in the water ah D. Plus on top of that, you have to wear like that.
Speaker 1: You know what, boat.
Speaker 3: Jujitsu first thing? Safety?
Speaker 9: Okay, kind of like it whipping boat jitsu versus card is too. I don't see how that's better.
Speaker 2: I do think that we're trying. We're all thinking way too long term here. The whole goal of this call is to just set you guys up on one more date.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Catherine. It's a date that will pay for if you're up for it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if anything, he really likes you, and I think that's really sweet.
Speaker 2: We might even do like a little day cruise just so that you can give a preview of boat jitsum on a boat together.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna fight. You get the captain, he's gone triggered.
Speaker 3: You want to put him on two paddle boards? See what happened?
Speaker 2: So sorry, Katherine, running out of time. We need an answer. What do you think about one more date with Mike?
Speaker 9: Fine, I'll do one more date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 2: You have exactly three days to change careers and figure out how to support yourself financially.
Speaker 5: Good luck, all right, thank.
Speaker 3: You brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, twenty years ago people laughed at the idea of you f C, and now it's a multi billion.
Speaker 1: Dollar sports It's so true, man, And so to all.
Speaker 2: The haters texting in at seven eight, five, nine two, give me a break. Car jitsu, seriously, you just wait to see our friend Mike at the twenty thirty two Olympics holding up a gold medal with a seatbelt around his neck, and he's gonna show you what's what He's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a tiny car on the trophy.
Speaker 3: I do for some reason picture him only fighting inside Honda Civics. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, part of the rules is car jitsu. It's not truck jitsu.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, if you do an suv like, is it even impressive anymore? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You're just sad you.
Speaker 3: Get a minivan. You can basically stand up in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on now, then we can say that we were there at the beginning, Yeah, before car jitsu blew up.
Speaker 4: It's like Muhammad Ali before anybody knew it was Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're gonna go that far.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll be laughing when car jitsu takes over football as the number one sport in all of America.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be playing fantasy cars.
Speaker 3: They say, honk if you agree, honk in, text in and email us.
Speaker 2: If you need help with your dating life, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts Aprook and Jeffrey