Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to an episode of Broken Play. This is the first one. I am your host, Nav Green, me and er Jordan. Shout out to Prize Picks and Carlos Miller. Uh really coming to together, you know, to do this show. It's a real good feeling. The budget went big enough for us to have a co host, so we got Aer Jordan right here. We got we got a lot to talk about this week. First and foremost, I've been doing reporting, you know, for games and stuff like that. So I've been real what it's a statician. I've been keeping stats. At first, I was keeping stats for my own bets, but it's bigger than me. I'm doing this for y'all now, So it's like, we gotta figure out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The playoffs just starting and it's a lot of injuries. I don't know why. I think it's because they they are just now starting to play hard like they went through the whole season like you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They Let's be honest, they were bullshing the whole season.
Speaker 1: Not a playoffs start now you want to start diving on the court, trying to get loose, loose balls and shit. You should have been doing that all year, because now when you fall on the ground, your knee, your knees, Frank, that's regular shit that they getting hurt from. They get up and I see them walking to the locker room, and I'm getting mad.
Speaker 3: Not just as a fan of basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm getting mad as a fan of betting, because if I got you to go for twenty six points and you done got hurt in the second quarter with nine points, you'll do me no justice. The reporter talking.
Speaker 3: About, yeah, we'll be back with an update on this.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you can't come back, let me know now, so I could put another bet in or entry.
Speaker 3: I say, hih entry, I'm on prize piece.
Speaker 1: I'm putting different entries in my bad I didn't mean to get so upset about that, but that that been pissing me off. We got Givonte Davonte fighting this week, him and who that Ryan Garcia. Man, A lot of people are trying to make this closer than it what it is. Javonte Tank Davis is gonna beat the hell out that man. A lot of people and I got to argue with somebody the other day. He was like, you gotta watch boxing. You gotta I don't gotta watch shit. I'm willing to bet. I would shave all my hell. I would go ball if Ryan Garcia beats Javonte Tank Davis.
Speaker 3: You you hearing it live like, I'm so comfident in him.
Speaker 1: Did you see when he was training with that big weight ball and throwing it back at the his trainer. Man, his trainer can't even handle the shit he want to do. You can't train a man that you can't train, bro. I saw him training. I thought it was like Creed six or something. I'm like, he doing all this with Ryan Garcia, and that's because people been talking saying that he could lose. He was like, oh, I gotta start taking it. Serik, I be boring shit. I know I could whoop his sad but if you Hey, I don't know what prize Pig's gonna offer for that, but whatever they offer for that, I'm willing to bet. I'm willing to make my entry knockout before round seven. Before round seven, man, I don't think they saw a tank last fight when he knocked the knock buddy through the ropes and they had memes they were comparing it to that. Michael Jordan, Martin.
Speaker 3: Lawrence, my bad.
Speaker 1: That's why we got Aeron Mike up here. But nah, Tank is gonna beat the shit out of him. Man, It's it's no question to ask. And with these NBA playoffs, I try to give insight. I try to give you know, good feedback. I try to give great predictions and be honest and fair. I gotta be honest. I don't know what the hell is going on right now because it's been low scoring games because everybody want to play defense now, so that makes your that makes your picks and plays hard to to come come with, because if I expect, I can't be picking four people to score over twenty five points in the game. And these motherfuckersco eighty points total. That's the whole team. I saw that the other day. So it's getting crazy now. The Kings are up too old on the Warriors. Dray Munn, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: His calling was to be a wrestler or a UFC fighter. Speaking of Tank Davis, I want to see Draymond fight some damn body because he always get close and right. Well, nah don't, he will fight. I forgot, but that's his own damn team. I want to see him fight somebody who want to fight back. You know who. I wanted to see him fight that boy from Detroit who tried to fight Lebron too, Isaiah's Stewart. Pull up his stat line. He three and oh from trying to fight somebody, and they always get the hell on. I ain't never seen Lebron back down. Lebron got that hellong. I don't blame Lebron, is said Stuart. He just he looked like he just ready though. Oh my god. Shout out to Jalen Hurts Man. Cue up that song, nigga, go get that bagh that you know that?
Speaker 3: Uh that's La Russell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go get that bag man, bro highest paid, that's the highest contract he deserves it, Bro, everybody gave up on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, soon as you get that money.
Speaker 1: Pull up on Nick sabing Man, talk talk to me. You bitched me then your boy.
Speaker 3: Now look at tour.
Speaker 1: You gave up on me. I went to Oklahoma, was a Heisman run up. I was drafted in the second round, had to beat out Carson Wentz. Now I'm the highest paid NFL player, man, Bro. If that ain't a success story, I don't know what is. But see the only thing with that now, Lamar gotta get some money. I know Lar, I know Lamar was watching that TV and said, damn because Baltimore don't give a damn. Baltimore is trying to keep that money. I don't know for who when they signed Odell Beckham, but he wanted Odell Bellkam and DeAndre Hopkins. But you see what they said, We're gonna give you one they treated. I feel like with them, Lamar do so much. Give Lamar some money, man, and shout out to the Jalen Hurts agent, black female.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: That's why people don't realize. People always want to say keep women out of sports. You need women in negotiations, and his agent is fine. Bro, I'm sitting there negotiating with her. I know I'm gonna get what you want. This ain't even about Jalen Hurts. What do you want? You coming there looking good?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You coming there with a white agent, old white agent. Now I'm in my bag. I gotta negotiate with you because I already feel like you getting over female coming there smelling good, looking good. Yeah, Jalen he wants three hundred, Give him five hundred, because now I want to make. I gotta show you we got the money. Baby, don't thank you. Don't think you messing with a broken organization. You sure that's all they want? Three hundred, I get him five fifty. That's how I feel, man, speaking of the money and blowing the bags. Mikey Williams, the high school player arrested for assault, and I take the loss more seriously. But he was supposed to be our first first guest, right, I'm lying, But we can't have him over here now till you clear all that stuff, because I ain't even got all the money from my show yet. So we had you over here, and now I don't take with you no, but nah, all jobs aside. We need more coaches and more people in the community talking to these young kids, because you remember, I remember it was a time where like in the neighborhood, people would lead the athletes alone.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't even want the athletes hanging around.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, because when athletes hanging around, we know you could get in trouble like that. Throw me one of them, yo. We're gonna get some air in here in a minute. But now all jokes aside. So with that being said, we gotta make it where these athletes are comfortable being themselves. You feel me and athletes, I know what it's with Instagram. It's so much social media stuff going on where you gotta look like this and look like that.
Speaker 3: When and this is a true story.
Speaker 1: When I was coming up in high school, the high school players, they took sports so serious. They had girlfriends, and they knew that girlfriends were gonna eventually you know they were gonna cheat on them. But if you so focused, you don't know that. But if you're on social media, you gonna see that. So I think keep the athletes off social media. And that's why Lebron's son doing so good. He stayed off social media till was time. Because like, you shouldn't even have no gun. And I'm gonna go off the record and say this. I don't know how this might sound. If you an athlete and you have projected the number one player to coming out of high school, it's no reason you have a gun. Keep shooters around you. It's no reason you got the gun. What are you promising him? Promise that man a lambo, he gonna carry all the pistols. And now if you shoot it, that's on you. We don't encourage violence, but you players stop carrying the gun. And John Moran, that little shit you was carrying, Oh my god, you could have had a butter knife. So it's like they seeing the NBA players, like, how you gonna tell a high school player you shouldn't do that when they seeing somebody they look up to. And the only thing with that, I just don't want to see nobody mess up their career and mess up their future. Because John Moran, John Morant coming back strong though, but he got hurt too. He got hurt in the game, hurt his trigger finger, he trying to take a charge. But nah shot out the prize picks too. Because Janna's got hurt. That's why I'm talking about all these injuries. Yanna's got hurt. But at least they rebooted that. Yanna's got hurt early. That that broke my heart. I had him going for them thirty two and al. Oh my god, I had him going for them thirty two and al. But yeah, So we got a big week of sports ahead of us. Uh, the Hawks, the Hawks playing the Celtics. So we're gonna check out some games, go get some feedback from some of the players and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think Round one, I don't see nobody.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't see no good, no good matchups like where it's like it should be close. I feel like the Lakers gonna beat the Grizzlies. I seen I see Lebron so focused, I see Anthony Davis. All he gotta do is stay healthy. If he stay healthy, it's a landslide. Now. You know what surprised me though, out of all the games this weekend and week Phoenix that hurt when Kevin Durant took the league.
Speaker 3: I said, oh man, it's over with Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: And I think Prize Picks gotta come up with a function on their website in the app you gotta count hustles. Russell Westbrook might have six points, eight rebounds, seven and six twelve turnovers, but have forty nine hustles and you can't keep counting them hustles. So yeah, we're gonna get get into some high lights when we come back. We got some low lights coming up, and for sure I'm gonna have the Prize Pick of the week. And we got a special guest. I'm not talking about Errol Jordan. We got a special guest. Y'all stay tuned. Let's oh, let's pay a bill. It ain't no bills. We're gonna play a bill. Yeah, with this episode, it's a bill. This is your boy, nav Green. If you don't know by now, you gotta get hit the prize piece. Prize Picks is one of the easiest ways to get you some money and have fun while you watching the game. All first time users that deposit and use Homo code will receive one hundred percent instant deposit match up to one hundred dollars. If you deposit one hundred dollars, Prize Piechs gonna give you one hundred dollars. If you deposit fifty dollars, Prize Peaks will give you fifty dollars. So that's how we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Available in over thirty states.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for? Go ahead over to Prize Picks right now by tapping the link below and tell them Broken Place sent you. Download Prize Picks today and play daily Fantasy sports with us. Make sure to use promo code Broken Play when you sign up. Tell somebody to tell somebody these are the picks that I know for sure are locks Hawks Verse Celtics. I'm taking Trayyon with assist. I don't care if they had twenty nine. I'm taking him for assist. Celtics. I like. I like Jaylen Brown for whatever points he going against Atlanta Hawks. Yeah it's a home team. All his family watching the Hawks. Jaylen Brown with the points, Lakers and Grizzlies. I like Lebron with the rebounds. I like Lebron with the rebounds. I like Jared Jackson with whatever on the blocks, block steals. It come together. So if he get two steals in the block, you hit heat versus Bucks. Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler got something to prove.
Speaker 2: Give me.
Speaker 1: Jimmy b points, rebounds and assists, and he going to the free throw line. If it's free throw line, anything under eight and a half, locke, because he going to the free throw line, he gonna battle for them boards and he going through the free throw line. If Joannis get back, then nis automatic. I don't care if they got him at ninety. I'm taking Yannis coming off a back injury.
Speaker 3: Y'all try to hurt me, and I'm putting up one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Three clippers worth sons KD show me something. I gotta go with KD. KD gotta show me something and Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook rebounds and the shishon points. I don't know if Russell can get in the moment, he might do something, but sons, I like KD. I try to stay away from CB three. Some games he'll facilitator, some games he'll score, but he never is a sure lock for me. I don't know if he know when I'm locking him in or what knicks versus chaws. I like Rhnder and I like Brunson, Rondo and Brunston with points with the cals, uh Donovan Mitchell with the three pointers, if they got anything under three and a half, locking in, shout out the prize piece. Speaking of Russ, let's get into some highlights. Did you see Russell Westbrook defensively and offensively because he gets you get a lot of offensive rebounds and stuff like that. Why I'm so happy for Russell Westbrook. A lot of teams counting him out, they changed his name, start calling the man west Brook. And then you did you see you finna beat one of the fans ass in the uh in the little playoff round, watching out like that.
Speaker 2: Watch him.
Speaker 1: My whole thing was Russell, what you even doing up there? And I like a player like that. But if I see you talking that ship on Twitter, I'm gonna come fine and your see Because he had to know exactly where he was that man. I knew when I knew when Russell was walked in had his like Hawaii outfit on, I said.
Speaker 3: Oh he finisa go, he finna cut the hell up?
Speaker 1: You playing against Kevin Durant. It's like he get thrilled off that anyway, cause you left me for dead because that's when it started. So that's a big highlight right there. Show the block that he got on Devin Booker. And he knew it too.
Speaker 3: I like Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: He played like one of them, you know, one of them players in the neighborhood that you be like, Man, I don't, I don't. I don't feel like because you know you're gonna get hurt when you play with certain people. You know how you be scared to go off for it. I'm gonna let him get that. That's how you gotta play with Russell Westbrook. Man, I'm talking about what is six' four marcell six three sixty four be getting nine ten, rebounds and his rebounds ain't when they don't bounce to the three point.
Speaker 3: Line they getting his in the. Paint i'm right up here with.
Speaker 1: You another high Like Malik monk and uh De Aaron fox this, day first playoff, game, well first playoff series. Period this, day first time in the, playoffs first time being in the. Playoffs them boy go for thirdy their, piece thirdy of. Piece talk to me and who were going against because look all season what they've been. Saying you always See clay throw up all them, rings broun, them young, boy don't care nothing about. That they listen TO, nba young, boy they listen To. Anti they don't care About they don't care about what you did ten years. Ago Deve Boy's uh listen to twenty One, savage young. Nudy they don't care about no.
Speaker 3: Respect they finna run through.
Speaker 1: You you, down you down two? Games so them how like show Show Malik monk and De Aaron. FOX i like De Aaron fox game, anyway the boy Play denver Against. Minnesota you know how certain teams you be like. MAN i Like Anthony. ELLWARS i Love Anthony ellwist and not just because he From.
Speaker 3: ATLANTA i Like.
Speaker 1: Anthony edwards period because he like he comforted in, himself but he will not win until they get rid Of Rudy. Gobert Rudy gobert is one of the worst Players i've ever, seen and the only Reason i'm saying that not.
Speaker 3: Because of his.
Speaker 1: Skills it's, Because, bro you the biggest one out. There Carl Anthony. Towns you want to stand in the same spot As Anthony.
Speaker 2: Edwards.
Speaker 1: BRUH i have never played professional ball past eighth. GRADE i could admit to, That but in eighth, GRADE i knew we had to space the damn.
Speaker 3: Floor why are you standing right next to? Him get the hell out the.
Speaker 1: Way, OH i was supposed to be talking about the. Highlights Highlights, DENVER i like. THEM i like them with role. Players to be honest with, you people don't realize. It you can have. All AND I i'm gonna steal this from somebody cause somebody told. ME i forgot who said. It, bro your stars get you to the. Playoffs your role players win you a. Championship they win you the, championship.
Speaker 3: And denver got a deep. BENCH I i wish they started.
Speaker 1: Getting briant some more uh touches though you remember Uh tomsbo who played for The. Lakers, Yeah, mark say pull his stats? Up did he have better stats with The lakers or now with The?
Speaker 2: Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Exactly you don't gotta look shit, Up. Bruh their grass is not always. Greener on the other, Side i'm telling you, that now you left The, lakers go To. Denvil just sit, down cause that's ALL i see him. Do he would get some buckets with The. LAKERS i was, like they need to get, him get him more. Involved he talking about, yeah, yeah he talking About Anthony davis came. Back they forgot about. Me you think we're supposed. To it's LIKE i think he Wanted Anthony davis to stay. Hurt and that's some hate and shit cause now you leave soon as the man get right talking about, you Man, talmas why you a great?
Speaker 3: Player but you should have stayed with The. LAKERS i Like yokics, too.
Speaker 1: Isn't? Me WHEN i watch YOKICCH i feel LIKE i could check, him. BRO i might be trapping with, It like how he getting y'all with that? Shit he be getting their head, too yo Yo. KIC i don't.
Speaker 3: Know they said he should WIN mvpat BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: Know not in my.
Speaker 3: BOOK i like him bid and bid not to compare the.
Speaker 1: Two but if you see what embiid is doing In philly And James, harden it's like people Counting James harden out? Too didn't he In? Brooklyn Who brooklyn Playing? Philly oh my, God James. Harden he need to go for forty every night because they basically Chose kyrie over, him didn't? They? Who oh what?
Speaker 3: Shit he had eight? Points but how many?
Speaker 1: Insists?
Speaker 3: Seven how many? Rebounds?
Speaker 1: Damn, Oh Tyrese maxi he, went, Yeah Tyree maxen went the out finer and, say, well who the hell Did Tyrese maxon went off last game thirty three, points thirty three led the, team and b had like twenty. Rebounds he had like twelve twelve rebounds in the first. QUARTER i told, him CAUSE i damn that. HIT i damn that hit my wager in the first. QUARTER i think they had him at thirteen and a. HALF i, said, oh stay right right there in that damn. PAINT i love That james harng with missing them damn shots that give and be more chances at, Rebounds and that's WHAT i needed for my. Shit hey, man it's nav bringing from broken. Play if you're not helped To channel eighty five, HOURS i don't know what to tell, you BUT i got some good news. Plays if you're not on it right, now you sign up and use a keyword broken. PLAY i don't even Know i'm able to do. This we gonna pay twenty percent off the first. YEAR i don't know If i'm able to do, this but if you put in broken, play it's gonna do. That so look type that in and then you won't get see broken plays for like you, know you're gonna get early access to the. Show you're gonna see the full. Show you also get to see eighty Five south live. Shows you get to see Port mind live, shows you get to See jack. Thrillerself you tend to see everything that the app has to. Offer you can Download channel eighty five app on any of your streaming services that Includes APPLE, tv Ron, Cool ANDROID, Tv they on FIRE, tv they On chrome, cast they don't Ask, box they on anything that got treaming service. Availability check Out channel eighty five. Apps so what you're waiting? For man type and Broken, play sign, up get your discount and rock out with Us channel eighty five, App, bro you know, What i'm not gonna Call draymond a low. Light you know Why i'm not because dray munt he just he, played he played. Talk it ain't his fault THE nba getting getting it's a a next style of. Play but, see this is my only problem With. DRAYMOND i want to see you Check yokic like.
Speaker 3: That, yeah my little ass of.
Speaker 1: Bonus yeah when you see when you See yokids right here at the, rim meet his ass right.
Speaker 3: There, draymond don't do that to some. Bonus do that to them players that they call the.
Speaker 1: MVPs show them why a we still? Running AND i think it's the warrior's. Fault when they Find draymond for Punching Jordan poole and suspending, him he started like easing, up being more nice in. Respect, no don't find, it cause sometimes a player need. That Jordan poole started playing way. BETTER i, Think, bro something that was like me growing. Up IF i was bad at, school my dad whoopded my. ASS i go back the next two days good as. Am then the next WEEK i might fall. Off but still you.
Speaker 3: Need a little adjustment, Sometime and that's what they.
Speaker 1: Done took out Of. Draymond, Now draymond can't adjust nobody on the. Team that's why they. Down oh, Two draymond can't adjust nobody on the. Team no more so if you out there messing, Up draymond scared the cuss at you and talk to.
Speaker 3: You, No Steve, kerr you ain't.
Speaker 1: Coaching Let draymond cuss they ass out BECAUSE i don't know what the heck, Man oh my, god, yeah the low. LIGHTS i think the low. LIGHTS i ain't gonna, Say, draymond But, draymond if you gonna kick, somebody, bro. Sneak draymond was.
Speaker 3: One of them. Kids he didn't care about gett.
Speaker 1: Suspended. Bro he did like one of them east side, stumps like you, know if you don't give a, damn we don't give a fuck one of them.
Speaker 3: STUMPS i get mad when they look at the referee, like, man we saw you do.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Draymond come, On SO i ain't gonna give him a low. LIGHT i say that was some. Med that Was that was some. Med shout out the. Backwood that was some med who had some horrible. Numbers you Think.
Speaker 3: Jordan, Poole, See draymond can't get on him.
Speaker 1: Like he used To, Bro i'm not just talking for my. Health the stats prove. It so with that being, said Take Jordan poole on the under moving, forward that's a. Law that is a. LAW i guarantee that if you want to pick, that pick him to go under Because draymond can't cuts his ass out no. More he scared the, shoot he scared to mess, up or he don't. Care janna's getting hurt. NOW i think With, Janni's janni's really. Hurt Anytime janni's don't come back in the, game he really. Hurt he is really. Hurt only played eleven. Minutes he did that in eleven. Minutes so, Me i'm Already i'm liking the place of the. Game WHEN i saw him at six points at eleven, MINUTES i, said, oh he gonna crush thirty. Two he gonna go through the free throw. Line but, hey at Least Prize picks rebooted that BECAUSE i would have been, mad because it's like when you lose your, whole your whole moved. CHANGE i DON'T i think we need to start letting players know how they affect our livelihoods and our. Family bro that that sometime when them players don't do what they supposed to do that mess up the whole family. Weekend we're not going. Nowhere no blame youngness.
Speaker 3: For i'm gonna tell you, this and you could count this and put it in the.
Speaker 1: Bank For. MILWAUKEE i don't care what they got him. At Pick Brook lopez for the, points rebounds and assists BECAUSE i, Don't, hey the boy be shooting a peel off that he be shooting the peel off of. It we're trying to keep the cursing, down but he shoots the peel off. THAT i like porters. Too Drew, HOLLIDAY i don't. Know Sometimes Drew holliday want to pass more than he want to. Shoot so that's the only.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: Middleton it depends on where they got him. At if they Got middleton round twenty four and a half, low, yes But i'm talking about coming up. Now if on the next, game if they got him at twenty four and a, Half marcelle put that his. Locks SO i just gave y'all four locks right, there real? Quick what we, Say Jordan poole. UNDER i don't care if they Got Jordan poole at six points go under Until draymond could get him RIGHT i don't know what he gonna. Do Brook low passed, Over porters, over and last but not, least Go bert AM i saying his name? Right it don't. Matter if you start playing, right we'll start addressing, you, right Go, Bert come, On, golbert we trust.
Speaker 3: You bro that half that half point to kill.
Speaker 1: You you might have them at twelve twelve and a. Half it's like on that twelfth. Rebound they just start chilling and the kids don't, understand talking about damn who you going for? It no damn, matter sit. DOWN i feel like kids Jin Jinks jinks the plays. Anyway when kids talk loud and be running through the, house the game just slow. Down how he had twenty points in the first. HALF i start chilling with my. Kids the basket don't score another point in the whole second. Half it's they. Mama this episode is sponsored By. Bluetoes, guys remember the days when you we're always ready to. Go now you can increase your performance and get that extra confidence in. Bed listen up blue chow dot. Com bluetoo is a unique on line service that delivers the same active ingredients As, Viagara cialis And, leventro but in chouble tactics and at the fraction of the. Costs you can take them any, time day or, night so you can plan ahead or be ready whenever opportunity. Arises the best, part it's all done, online so no visits to the doctor's, office no awkward, conversations and no waiting in line at. Deformacy get everybody in your. Business the process is. Simple sign up at bluetoo dot, com consult with one of their licensed medical, providers and once you, approve you'll receive your prescription within. Days bluetoo wants they up you have better. Sex discover your options at bluetoo dot. Com chew it and do. It and we got a special deal for our. Listeners try Blue choo free when you use our promo code eighty Five sports at. Checkout just pay five dollars. Shipping that's bluetoo dot com promo code eighty Five sports to receive your first month. Free visit bluetoo dot com for more details and important safety, information and we think Blue choo for sponsoring this.
Speaker 3: Podcast welcome, Back welcome.
Speaker 1: Back There Broken. Play, hey since you rock with us because you're watching the, show were gonna put some money in your. Pocket this is the segment prize pick of the, week and with prize pick of the, week you could place the entry and you can put the house on.
Speaker 3: It how about? That so, look this is WHO i. LIKE i got three.
Speaker 1: Options marceille you could throw one. In dumb you could throw one. In And marco you. Don't you don't be On you don't be on it at. All do you watch? SPORTS i don't me, Personally now y'all might. DISAGREE i don't trust me and who don't watch? Sports because that's either. You that's either you thugging or you getting.
Speaker 3: Drugs so you as you? Thugging mirkaou please say you? Thugging, alright, shoot it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be your last. EPISODE i can't trust, you but, nah all your. SIDE i think by the end end of the, season you're gonna be like efficient and, proficient just like. Us so this is you're gonna start this. Week we're gonna put you. Down i'm Gonna i'm gonna set you up a prize pix. Account, shit he might Have againner's. Luck do you shoot? Dice so you don't nothing at? All? Yeah he on, them you, know he on the whole moving right. Along prize picks of the. WEEK i Like Anthony Davis marcel with them twenty four and a, half coming off a game.
Speaker 3: Like they do and they Playing.
Speaker 1: Memphis the only thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way with taking that is he going Against Jaron jackson And Jaron jackson play. Defense he's the defensive player to. Year it came, out damn who won Six man of The, Year so they just said who the defensive player of the.
Speaker 2: Year.
Speaker 1: Damn that's Why embiid said he wished he had The Memphis grizzly. Stactician, bro you don't be knowing THEM nba players be throwing shots at each other like it ain't. NOTHING i just caught. That he. Said that's why he won because he was, LIKE i wish he moving right Along Anthony elwis he gonna have him a bounce back. GAME i love the fact That ethny elw was From. Atlanta he got real people In. Atlanta they done called the boy. Man what the hell you? DOING i know you ain't going out like? That He finnah drop thirty. Five that's my prize pick of the. Week i'm not going With Anthony davis because he going against the defensive. Player i'm going With Anthony. Elvis who you got? Done julius round what? On what? Points what his points? At dumb Like julius Rondell on with points twenty?
Speaker 3: Four ooh damn. Damn that is a good.
Speaker 1: One and they Playing cleveland man and they just won that first. One, yeah that's a good. One who you, like marcell Huh? Dad you Going Austin? Reeves, Yeah, Marceill i'm ana honestly. Say And i'm gonna tell them what you, said he Liked garland with. Points do not take. THAT i don't BRO i never ain't no answer or wrong answer like. That but that's a wrong gas. Answer that's the wrong Cause Jonavan Mitchell finn to go to hell off so he ain't gonna have enough. Touches, marcella do not do. That do not make that. Entry, yeah and you, said Who Austin reevez at fifteen and a half? Points that's a Good did you see after he scored he, Said i'm. Him he grew up around. US i know the boy played aau. BASKETBALL i know how they. Act you don't Say i'm him when you went to preppy. Schools you don't get that, lingo cause if you if you wasn't accepted to say, it somebody was stopped. You what, hey, hey, bro you getting a little too carried. Away, hey you need to chill. Out let's a bonus on the. Court Say i'm Him dan Fock on grad, like, hey, brother you need to cheer, Them, bro you need to cheer the fuck. Out you don't have too much to. Drink you letting that parade get to your?
Speaker 2: Head?
Speaker 1: Marco with all our, picks who you? PICKING i? Said Anthony elvis From atlanta twenty three and a, half Said Julius, Rondam where are you From? Texas for twenty four? Points marcel marcell just was, Talking, dad Said Austin reeves fifteen and a. Half who you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Marco?
Speaker 1: See and that's HOW i know the boy ready to step to the right. Path Anthony Edwards prize pick of the. Week lock it. In, hey if you don't have, account make sure you sign up With Prize picks right. Now they got the Eight they letting certain people get the million dollar.
Speaker 3: Bet like.
Speaker 1: You it's like you put your bet, in you place your, entry your sixth.
Speaker 3: Pick and you got a chance to win a million.
Speaker 1: Dollars every day for the? Playoffs who else doing? That And i'm not just saying that because the show's sponsored by. Them i'm really on. HERE i got it right here on my.
Speaker 2: Phone, now.
Speaker 3: This is a bill for.
Speaker 1: ME i know ONCE i get, PAID i know where my money going. To, kids get, some my, baby mama's get, some and prize picks get the. Rest be like, me all, right that's it for the prize pits of the. Week when we come, Back, man we got a. GUESS i said we was gonna have a. GUESS i was a little off. TOPIC i was a little off. Subject and that's What i'm gonna do cause you know, why CAUSE i get to do. That BUT i just didn't want to bring him in while it was still. Hot we were trying to let the air kick. In but it ain't gonna kick. In let's play some. Bills, Oh, marco you gotta come rub Eron. Jordan you gotta come rubing for good. Luck you gotta come up.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Bro now see Eron. Jordan when you tell Eron jordan your, pick tell him your. Pick Saint Anthony, Edwards Saint Anthony edward's.
Speaker 3: Twenty three and a, half say, less it's locked in.
Speaker 1: We'll be. Back what some. Everybody Broken play is sponsored By Better. Help it's your, boy Nav Green therapy is all about deepening your self awareness and understand it because sometimes we don't know what we want or why we react the way we do until we talk things. Through Better help connect you with a licensed therapist who can take you on that journey of self discovery from wherever you. Are if you're thinking of starting, therapy Give Better help and. Try it's entirely, online designed to be, convenient, flexible and suitable to your. Schedule just fill out a brief questionnaire to get matched with a licensed therapist and switch therapists anytime for no additional. Charge discover your potential With Better. Help visit betterhelp dot Com slash eighty Five sports today to get teen percent off your first. Month That's Better help h e E lp dot Com slash eighty Five. Sports welcome, Back welcome back To Broken. Play. Man i'm, EXCITE i got A i got a, huge huge guests in here. Today, Man josh Smill, man y'all clap it up With josh Smuell.
Speaker 2: Man something my guy first and.
Speaker 1: Foremost. Man you know you're a hometown hero man and, like you know what's different AND i can under say, this like you really like what's in the, Community like.
Speaker 3: People don't know you played flag football and, all like you would go out there.
Speaker 2: And just, yeah really was.
Speaker 1: Chilling.
Speaker 2: Yep with that.
Speaker 1: Being, said are you A hawks fan?
Speaker 2: Still? Absolutely, yeah for? Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay who one of your favorite players on?
Speaker 2: Them, Man Clint? Copella, like, YEAH i Like. COPPELLA i Like treyon for.
Speaker 1: SURE i like when you go to doing. THAT i was, like, yeah and how how fun of your playing? It like you, think like playing in front Of Atlanta atlanta fans and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That when it's the, playoffs it's. Fun it's a.
Speaker 3: Different feeling because we don't take it serious to the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs, absolutely, yeah the fans don't for. Sure But i've.
Speaker 1: Seen people trying to get towels and. All like in a regular, game they don't put nothing. On they don't have no red, on no yell on playoff.
Speaker 3: Man you see people bearing jerseys and.
Speaker 2: All, absolutely but.
Speaker 3: No besides The, hawks, though who likes some of your favorite players in.
Speaker 1: The League.
Speaker 2: Jaylen brown And, Boston, Yeah Anthony edwards for. Sure, yeah In, Minnesota Donovan mitchell In, cleveland, yeah, yeah he's been having a really good. Year uh let me see who? Else johannis for. Sure, yeah how to go with your honest with his, Dominance hey's not.
Speaker 1: Telling this like you played at a higher, Level. Yokic how you feel About yoki is like is? He if you, said THEN i gotta start. Agree is?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: Him he's? Him he's. HIM i mean the rules have changed though SINCE i played so like, offensively they have way more. Freedom that's why you see a lot of anybody's getting fifty points these. Days you, know you'll see a person get fifty that you never heard of before until that, moment and then you'll never hear about it again because they Don't they don't get to fifty no. More back to being a role. Player SO i would love to see how you would have played in the era of where you can kind of like grab it home a little bit to see see how successful.
Speaker 1: You let him go for fifty on.
Speaker 2: You, No, NO.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Me i'll have six the type of.
Speaker 2: Pride, yeah, YEAH i come from The. South i'm Not i'm not letting.
Speaker 1: Do your partners used to talk like where they see the game where they talked ship to you like after the game and stuff like to keep that like you know What i'm, saying keep it real with you and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, yeah my dad was probably my biggest critic. Though so you got that. Trip yeah, Absolutely, so oh you need that my dad to get on my. Ass so he'll be texting me at halftime just, hopefully HOPEFULLY i grab the phone SO i can see what he can tax. It BUT i just. DON'T i just put, it put it, down and, uh look at all that stuff after the. Game but he was. There i'm my biggest critic for, sure number. One but my dad was was was there and watching all the. Games, really you know What i'm, saying give, me give me his honest opinion on. Everything.
Speaker 1: Bro when you came in the, league like during them, times it was LIKE i remember With Joe, Johnson josh a lot of people be forgetting Bout Josh childrens. Too, Yeah Josh childrens was on that, Team, UH i Said Joe, johnson.
Speaker 2: Who Marvin, Our, Horford, Our JEFF, T Mike.
Speaker 1: BIBBY i, think, Honestly, bro and you probably can't speaking, Teammate. BRO i never understood the house with that second.
Speaker 2: Pick with which one man.
Speaker 3: Because because right, then if you get a point, guard, yeah we're talking Different.
Speaker 2: Hawks REMEMBER i remember that, moment AND i Love marvin to, death and uh he's still still a, good good friend of. Mine but in that, moment what we needed was exactly what you. Said SO i was in those workouts and watching the different point guards they brought, in and they brought In Chris paul so he like lit it, up lit the workout Of i'm, like, man, yeah SO i was just like sold. On, yeah, Absolutely i've Seen Darren, williams but uh he was more like smoother and laid back doing the. Workout but, YEAH i was, like, YEAH i can. SEE i can see the LIVES i, convention the lives and transition and. Everything but, UH i remember we Had billy not as a as A. Gm he was, like he's not bigger than my, Wife that's what he told, Him LIKE i can't and he was. Small he was like. Small i'm, like that doesn't. Matter if he could, play he could. Play but you know that's he was in the era OF i, mean he, changed he transit transcended the game when he when he he was just picking everybody that was the same height six' nine. Six eight he was. Picking everything so he went he, picked me He picked, josh me and he picked like after that he was like, another guy Guy Named. Dante smith he was six eight in. Our, draft yeah because even.
Speaker 1: THOUGH two k when you do, big lineup y'all line up stayed.
Speaker 2: The Same, War Ford, Marvin Williams. Sheldon williams, yeah, right. Yeah yeah they called Him. The landlord so we had it was everybody was pretty much the, same height and we just switched.
Speaker 1: Everything because, you know like a lot of, people talking they, were, Like, man marvin he didn't Start At, north carolina but like he.
Speaker 2: Had a lot.
Speaker 1: Of, upside, absolutely MAN but i just KNOW what cp three, and, y'all man, OH god.
Speaker 2: I could have definitely had. That vision and so but.
Speaker 1: When y'all first you, WENT like i don't know Because, because marvin we you Know what, i'm saying you give you give a player what year two years before, You start like you Know what, I'M saying i know bout that, Third year, Like yeah billy got. Funked, up nah he probably about the third game because, three games like the, third, game, like, man, yo wife well who? Who Wait what bill? At now.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's around he's probably.
Speaker 3: He AIN'T no gm no more.
Speaker 1: He, had rick don't, think man you was telling me earlier about THE cb a changing like they. Gating, money hey you had got one of the uh not to get in. Your money you ain't got a, Bad too yeah.
Speaker 2: YOU got i had to work, for, It man oh. For, sure yeah definitely definitely earned and, you know not giving so uh those those times of, stressful moments, you know because you want to, you can. You can you never imagine what a bar could do for, your life you Know what. I'm saying it. Can change it changed my changed my whole life in perspective.
Speaker 1: Of you came out of.
Speaker 2: High, SCHOOL yeah i came out of. High, school man raised. In poverty, YOU know i had a mom. And dad my mom, did hair my dad. Drove trucks, but uh man had to uh, you know had to deal would deal with, a lot you know growing up with my.
Speaker 1: Pop would driving their TRUCK like i ain't got nothing with two more years and their mother.
Speaker 2: The. Facts FACTS so, i, mean, yeah man when that, when that when that, moment happened it was it was it was a. Real moment definitely definitely. For it, but uh those are the moments that you you know that you understand why why, you sacrifice, you know your childhood for. Those moments you Know what, i'm saying you never you never know you you question, your parents uh when, you're young.
Speaker 3: Like that dedicates how they like thought put in, you.
Speaker 2: Know telling you you know you can't do certain things that you know that you that you see your friends being able to do for those MOMENTS you, I mean i appreciate them every.
Speaker 1: Feeling for you because you Know what, i'm saying what you having son and sports and, stuff like it's a different feel like sometimes like parents could be on their, kids hard but like you, don't know you ain't. Did that his son could actually look At it dad and like my dad know what the hell he? Talking ABOUT because i LIKE just i just remember like parents would be so hard on, their Kids and i'm looking at the stature of. The family, i'm like it don't matter how much you bring this kid. To practice it don't matter how much you fuss. At there that kid gonna. Be built like, you see even, with ME if i have, A son i can't tell him like, play hard do. YOUR best i know how he is genetically you not getting past, five seven you might. Be lucky so, just hey no one of MY and i always said this when When They freeze me, came out y'all Remember freeze Me and, droe said beating the nigga as with a tall nigga and he.
Speaker 3: SHOWED you, i, Said man josh beat the.
Speaker 1: Ship OUT and.
Speaker 3: I ain't think you were talking in.
Speaker 2: THAT time i.
Speaker 1: THOUGHT you i thought he was talking about like a little, sixth too like what you, damn right you got a machine? With you, but, nah, man, like uh it's just it's just good to see like cause, you know usually like once players finished, like playing like they have so much negativity to say about the game, and say like you you saying all.
Speaker 3: The young players you like and you Know what, i'm saying you just like how the.
Speaker 1: Game is so it's like. It's different, That's good like you know how people.
Speaker 2: Get on, JUST no i, definitely, Know man AND it's i don't know if it was it's the old it's like older than. Me too the older than me cats they, be them the ones, that them the ones that really be sour. ABOUT things i don't know why they be Sour because i'm a firm believer. In timing. Is everything you Know what. I'm saying everything happens for. A reason AND because i don't.
Speaker 3: Even like watching, the game, my uncle no more?
Speaker 2: Like it mad. IT was i can't get mad. AT uh i can't get mad at the kids for making the money that they're. MAKING today i, just was, YOU know. I was i was born in, The EIGHTIES so i can't. GET mad i was born in. The nineties you Know what. I'm SAYING would i might be a, little SALTY but I want i want those guys to be getting paid like like.
Speaker 3: They deserve so like is it evolving?
Speaker 2: Like? Ya, absolutely, yeah yeah. ABSOLUTELY anything i don't know they. Come from and these are these are some most some of these Cats are Hall of fame, Cats too, like, y'all y'all y'all reached the highest level and y'all made it To the Hall. Of fame why are you criticizing this man's game like this when, you KNOW if i could just knock the dust off of a little cassette tape and put it IN the vcr and and watch some of your games and watch our beds you, were SUPPORTING when i can critique. It too but, you know people don't. Watch that. They don't they don't they don't put them film those films up because they could barely see the player because of the quality of, the camera you KNOW.
Speaker 1: What, I mean Hey, And josh i'd be going back seeing like some of the like, you know like old scores to the games and stuff. Like that like it was low, scoring games so it's like it, Was different like the pacing. Was slow they really used a twenty four second shot, clock then you Know what. I'm saying so that was different. Then too, but nah like you're saying that that that's, real though. That's crazy who was something like players you grew up watching that you like that you kind of like cause you at like you you got like a, you know you could play a lot, of positions like you could play the fold to three. To five so it's like who you grew up watching and Not saying idalyze, was like, you know looking up TO like i like.
Speaker 2: HIS game i, you know really didn't have cable, growing up so had to watch it Was, the bulls so Anything But, Michael jordan tony.
Speaker 3: A lot of people slept On.
Speaker 2: Coup, coach, yeah absolutely SO that. I was i'm left handed, Like HIM so i used to watch his game and how versatile he was at the fourth position Man, And Uh scottie pippen with. His, Defense Uh dennis robbins with. His. Rebounding uh, YOU know i appreciated each each strength in those in those. Players games and, You know i'll try to try to take bits and pieces off off of each player and try to apply to my.
Speaker 1: Game facts when you when you first got that chick and then so look how you was able to spend your money Better in atlanta Than. IN detroit i know you had got you a pair of bulls. And stuff they on the bus. Every DINNER HAD.
Speaker 2: I i had a Couple. Of timblins that's BY it.
Speaker 3: I mean but Coming from atlanta Going, to detroit.
Speaker 2: It was a it was a culture shock for me, for sure Coming from atlanta to. The snow it was like one of the worst Winners. In detroit and it was like it used. To be it should be blizzards and and we stayed at Practice and i'll be caught at the car like he we still got to. Come in it's, Like yeah i'm like, With ship i'm driving between miles on. His highway.
Speaker 3: Any flir hit, the ground it's over with.
Speaker 1: It's, canceled yeah anything we, Are around, but no that's that's that's a. Good thing like people don't, be realizing like people come from these like cities then going to, Other cities like it's a whole different because you came from you stayed where you grew up and.
Speaker 2: Was playing didn't see the sun for a long time. Out there it was like three four months with the sun didn't. Come up it was, Just snowing, AND man i, WAS like i, was, like god it was a.
Speaker 1: Different, experience man you was on the Team When brandon knight got don't know was he still that when you? Got?
Speaker 2: There, no no it. Was.
Speaker 1: Gone man do you know he Made an instagram after He, got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see dang THAT'S like, i, said timing timing.
Speaker 3: WASN'T right i like Your Boy morrow monroe.
Speaker 2: Was cool greg was he was. All right drumming was more my. Guy Drumming And brandon.
Speaker 1: Jenny's okay, Oh yeah brandon jenneral with. Gas too he played With. The bucks uh and then he Went.
Speaker 2: To.
Speaker 1: Detroit, dinny, yeah absolutely y'all you were Straight.
Speaker 3: Of detroit y'all had a straight Squad.
Speaker 2: Of detroit it. Was cool they just.
Speaker 3: It'd be always like with just like a one play away type.
Speaker 2: Of, thing yeah and. Then dispositioning, you know they had me at, the THREE so i was playing The three monroe's at, the four drummers at the five. Line up they should have just probably tweaked that line up a, little bit probably started some started somebody at, the four and then brought somebody off off. The, bench yeah that would have. Been better yeah with That Scenario.
Speaker 1: Greg Monroe, greg monroe uh where he. Came from, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah so it's certain stuff, like that like with.
Speaker 1: THE league, i, guess uh that'd be different that we don't be knowing about seeing that type of you Know what. I'M saying i know sometime like that's just like in life period when you around certain People, LIKE bro i would not hang around you if we didn't.
Speaker 2: Work, together yeah like.
Speaker 3: It would make you cut, somebody Out, like bro what what the hell are?
Speaker 2: You? Doing, YEAH no i mean that's Why When i'm i'm, A coach i coach my kids the eighth grade and my my, my daughter uh and has, a coach and it's like, WITH me, i coach AND after, I coach i just, YOU know i, GO home i let. It go we might have, a conversation we might, watch Film but i'm, not like, hey man why you ain't friends with this with, this guy like y'all need to. Be friends i'm not. Doing that and some some some coaches, do that and it's that's weird to me because even at the, highest level they're gonna pick who their. Friends are you Know what. I'm, Saying absolutely so it's like some of that stuff can't, be forced especially who you hang out with after after you, you know you go to work.
Speaker 1: With him you ain't ever.
Speaker 2: Play football my dad wouldn't. Let me he made my dad wouldn't. Let. Me said as SOON as i started wanting to, PLAY football I was i was already good, in basketball so.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah it's too late.
Speaker 2: Then, that yeah it was like. MIDDLE school i was trying to play for the.
Speaker 1: Middle school what you were like six six?
Speaker 2: FEET already i, was like what, six yeah?
Speaker 3: SIX feet i just knew me.
Speaker 1: GROWING up i just knew in. HIGH school i mean KNEW once i got the. NINTH grade i thought everybody. Get. TALL bro I just i just thought they caught their grossberg. Before me, you know hell will, tell you like everybody go through their, different, STAGES bro i got the. NINTH grade i still like the women were, Getting taller like its just me Still like, i'm, like bro, BUT no i feel what you're, Saying though BUT football i could just see like you, probably hell that's what. They was they, was trying why you like flaying? Football. Somewhere.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah SO when i was my brother said you were.
Speaker 1: GOING crazy i used to go TO yeah. I.
Speaker 2: Know yeah SO when i played with you taking, that, yeah MAN when i played With, THE hawks i used To, on sundays like after the season during. The summer h they used to have a flag Football. On. Sundays UH so i used to go. Out there it was this was before they had the this is before they put the turf, down there so it's like rocks and all. That STUFF and i used to go out there with with the with the guys that would play they see. The, grove yeah and they say like you would.
Speaker 1: Go crazy but that's, another thing like it's kind of good you came up in the era, you did because cameras would have been.
Speaker 2: Out there.
Speaker 1: But what they gave you, the money, they say you're diving for the, YOU know i was doing.
Speaker 2: Real football.
Speaker 1: Who you like the fight? This week who, You like, oh.
Speaker 2: Man uh of our ta.
Speaker 3: B they're trying to make. IT closer i don't know what they're trying.
Speaker 2: To do they're just trying to. Sell tickets. That's it they're just trying to. Sell tickets he might get touched up a. Little bit but once he once he gets that, right left he's gonna put him. To sleep he's gonna. Put that he's gonna put. Him close still gonna come with the jabs and you get confident he's gonna he's gonna come in and it's gonna be like. OUT probably.
Speaker 1: I know i said, question third the, questions GO but i gotta. Ask this, so look you know how with the, owners now how the rappers are coming and, you know involved With the hawks and stuff. Like that, you bro they're going to have that, like that.
Speaker 3: Y'alls Playing imagine jesu down the chip, down.
Speaker 1: There Like drove gucci.
Speaker 3: Because they Got the gucci down, there.
Speaker 1: Now but we need it would have Been got away.
Speaker 2: Cutting up.
Speaker 3: But now it's just. The show like you Know what. I'm saying it evolved and it's still.
Speaker 1: Coming TOGETHER but i feel like y'all started that culture change where y'all was like, you Know Even. Joe Johnson joe johnson was hanging out and having, fun too so it was like it ain't just like it was like the whole team y'all changed the Culture of ATLANTA for I think nona start.
Speaker 2: Like, REALIZING yeah i, THINK like i think.
Speaker 3: It's, Good Yeah michael vick was playing.
Speaker 2: During them come, on man, yeah yeah come, on man you had.
Speaker 3: THAT era i know you got a million stars y'all Wars In.
Speaker 2: Magic, city yeah, it was, it was. It was it was A time. I enjoyed i enjoyed those twelve years of my of. My life. That was that was that was.
Speaker 1: Really man we appreciate your. Having you josh will make sure Y'all. FOLLOW no i g smooth man one of, the coldest coldest in the. Visits, period man so, Clever, though josh well. Coming through thanks for. Having me that's, the dope that's. The, dope yeah this man loads didn't give me a big, enough budget but the budget budget washing the watch.
Speaker 3: Season too and you're gonna come back season two to wed.
Speaker 2: Season, TWO yeah i need to be the first one on. Season two
Speaker 3: Looking you might come back, season two, season three