Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostick and Scarlet.
Speaker 3: Food S and p five hundred guys, almost an even split. Two hundred and twenty one names to the upside, Katie, two hundred and eighty one to the downside. One unchanged.
Speaker 4: Wonder Years is also a great band. But let's talk about the circle in front of us. You can see a real mixed bag here when it comes to the sector performance amid this selloff, five managing to finish in the green, six in the red. In terms of what did do well today, consumer staples up top higher by about nine tens of a percent. Certainly a defensive tilt there. I Meanwhile, you take a look at what didn't perform, and you guessed it. It's Tech down two point nine percent as a sector. Energy and communication services also certainly hurting today, Carol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the socks alone was down I think more than five percent in today's session, so you definitely saw that playing out. Thank you, Broadcom.
Speaker 2: It was five point one percent.
Speaker 1: If we're going to be specific. Okay, you know, worse day since October.
Speaker 3: Time, I am, I am done. Let's get to some of the individual gainers, if we may. On this Friday, Lululemon, guys, check it out, top gainer in the S and P five hundred and NASDAQ one hundred, finishing the day with a gain of about nine point six percent off its highs. But still nonetheless our performance there the shares rallying after the company boost it's full your outlook, announced its CEO would step down. So, as we know, we were breaking this right late yesterday. The company looking for a replacement for the company CEO, Calvin McDonald, who will depart the top post at the end of January. So nonetheless, investors enthused about what's to come next for Lululemon. Hey, also weed stocks, which have been taking a beating kind of smoking today. This is insane, I know, check this out.
Speaker 2: Can it be growth?
Speaker 3: A fifty four percent in today's session, that's the eightrs at trade here in the States. Go over to Tilray that one up about forty four percent in today's session. Again, backdrop is that we know that they've been beaten up a lot, so just got to kind of put that into perspective. But what the news is President Trump, or at least he's expected to direct his administration to move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug. According to people familiar, so pushing to reclassify it as a Schedule three drug, and that would be really a victory for companies and investors and patients who use medical.
Speaker 1: Marraland did he address the issues that were in that most recent congressional bill that would effectively get rid of like edibles and a lot of other products.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did he No? Okay?
Speaker 5: All right, so there's more to come right that rhetorical question.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Most of my record, that's rhetorical.
Speaker 3: I never know whether to ignore and when to listen.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Another group on my mind, fast food, fast casual. Check it out, guys, let me go through a couple of different names. You have Chipotlay That one is up three point six percent, Shakeshacks up five percent, Kava was up as much as five point six percent, ending the day with a gain of just shy of one percent. Baired analyst David Tarantino, seeing these companies as potential beneficiaries from the twenty twenty six World Cup, as you know, being hosted by US, Mexico and Canada. Here's what he has to say. He says the increase in tourism and broader consumer mobility activity tied to each sporting event over the six week period will lead to increased spending at restaurants in and around the host cities and also provide some of these brands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they want to come an eat the American food, the fast casual that we're known for, just saying.
Speaker 3: Just saying eat and go, eat and go. All right, what do you got, Tim? All right?
Speaker 5: I got to start with shares of Oracle following by four point five percent. This after Bloomberg's Brodie Ford reported that the company has pushed back completion dates for some of the data centers it's developing for Open AI to twenty twenty eight from twenty twenty seven. This is according to people familiar with the work. The delays largely due to labor and material shortages. Said to the people, Oracle and a spokesperson said in a statement that the company remained confident in its ability to meet its obligations in future expansion plans, and Carol mentioned Broadcom down eleven point four percent. Worse stay going back to January. You know, we spoke to Ian King about this earlier. He said the numbers were fantastic. It was that sales outlook, though for the AI market, failed to meet investors expectations. Hot Tan so the company is a backlog of seventy three billion dollars in AI product orders that will be shipped over the next six quarters, but warned that total margins were narrowing because of AI product sales, and held off on giving an annual AI revenue forecast, saying it was a quote moving target. And finally, shares of Dell following by six point two percent, this after Business Insider said the company is set to increase prices next week across its commercial product lines. A Business Insiders cited an internal list aboutcoming price changes sent to staff on December ninth. Dell shares down by six point two percent.
Speaker 1: All right, real quick check on yields. Here was another interesting day, but more importantly interesting week. Two year yields. We're lower on the day and on the week, but pretty much across the rest of the curve we were higher, not just on the day but on the week.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 1: In fact, two straight weeks now that we've seen the benchmark ten years as well as the longbond the thirty year actually go up rather than down despite some of those rate cuts.
Speaker 2: This stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.