Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yes to be here in the second What up, Charlamagne?
Speaker 4: Piece to the plane.
Speaker 5: It is start day.
Speaker 6: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, Black and Holly favorite. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 5: Good morning, what's happening? How y'all feel man?
Speaker 3: Yes, good morning, I'm beat, I'm tired. Last night I stayed up and watched my Knicks play last night. They beat the Celtics ninety one ninety They lead the series to nothing in the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 5: What a game?
Speaker 6: Well, you could be a It's good that you're a Knicks fan, because you could be a fan of a team on the West Coast. You could be a Nugget fan or OKC fan. Ain't nobody got time to be staying up to watch them. That was late one, man, that was late one. But salute to the Knicks. You gotta close the deal. Now, you gotta close. You got the close the deal. Don't none of this matter if you don't close the deal. In fact, if you lose the series after this point, you know it's even worse.
Speaker 5: Yo, you got the closing deal. You got two games in New York.
Speaker 6: Now, that's right, that's that's very rare in a semi final game for you know, this team that's not seated as high as the other team goes up too.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the Nuggets have done the game. You can't talk about that game. But other than that, the playoffs have been pretty damn good. Like they're leting them plays, letting them play. There's hard fouls they are. I mean the score at ninety one nine, you could tell it was a defensive, defensive game. It wasn't like one hundred and fifty. No, this it was great game. And I think the Knicks were down twenty at one time.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I said it last night in the group chat. I was like, you know, the the Knicks looked like a team of destiny. Yes, I don't know what that destiny is. Yeah, they like a team of dey. They got a strong squad, they got they got the seal.
Speaker 5: That all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, One game at a time, one game at a time. Well, this morning A J. Terrence J. And Roxy Diz will be joining us.
Speaker 6: It's the twenty fifth anniversary at one oh six in Park and they're doing a reunion that's gonna be at the BET Awards on June ninth.
Speaker 5: That's right, the good sister Free couldn't join.
Speaker 3: Us, but Free couldn't join us this time around. But yeah, they will be joining us, And I think it'll be dope if they try to get like key moments from one O six in Park, like you know, I mean the day BT like a bf T because they're doing the anniversary right a reunion on stage they say they put together some things. I think it would be dope if they do like key moments like you know, past interviews or pass.
Speaker 6: But that'd be hard to do at the award show because I mean us at home will enjoy it, but the people in the audience to be like what I think they should do it one on six Park documentary. But that's that's I'm sure, come lay it down the AJ Terrence and Roxy will be here this morning.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. We got front page News a lot to discuss it. Don't go anywhere, It's to the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get some front page news now if you're just joining us. Last night, the Knicks beat the Celtics ninety one ninety.
Speaker 5: They lead the series to zero.
Speaker 3: Said that already under beat the Nuggets one forty nine one, O six one one. Just in case people just waking up, just just got here, in case.
Speaker 5: She didn't know, just letting it know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: The Knicks beat the Celtics ninety one ninety. They leave the series to nothing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I have closed the deal, though none of this means nothing that they don't close the deal up to old.
Speaker 5: Yes, now you're coming back home. Yes right, we could be singing a whole different tune next Monday.
Speaker 3: That's all right, we'll be all right now. Also tonight, the Golden State Warriors take on the Timberwolves. Steph Curry will miss at least a week that hurt after suffering a hamstring strain, So he's out for a week that that's really.
Speaker 5: Gonna hurt for them.
Speaker 6: My only person that'd be hearing ham spring screen and think it sounds tasty only be signed a tasty ham spring screen.
Speaker 5: Now like a screened ham screens like it tastes good, you put it on the grill. Ham could be your hamburger. Morgan.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, y'all, good morning. I didn't even hear.
Speaker 8: I'm just hamstring strained and what what the what? All right, y'all, let's get it news. So three former Memphis officers Memphis police officers have been found not guilty in the Tyree Nichols murder trial. They were charged with beating Nichols to death back in twenty twenty three, and that was caught on video. Now to Darius Being to me, Treus Haley, and Justin Smith all were found not guilty of all charges.
Speaker 1: Now, let's take a listen to the verdict reading end part.
Speaker 9: The verdicts read as follows. Count one secondary murdered. We the jury find the defendant to Darius Being not guilty. Count one. We the jury find the defendant Demetrius Hailey not guilty. Count one. We the jury find the defendant Justice Smith not guilty.
Speaker 8: So count one, as mentioned in the audio, was second degree murder. There was also count two aggravated assault and count three aggravated kidnapping with bodily injury. Also, all of those charges not guilty. So while they were acquitted in this state trial, they already faced the possibility of years in prison after they were convicted on the federal level last year. Now, this case, again, as I mentioned, was for the state of Tennessee.
Speaker 6: How did they come to the conclusion about the not guilty verdict because you know, sadly, I forgot about this case after it happened, you know, twenty twenty three, so long ago, and I remember when the situation first happened, and it was a big deal. When I saw that verdict yesterday and I was like, oh my god, I completely forget about.
Speaker 5: This whole situation.
Speaker 1: This is on the state level.
Speaker 8: Remember again, like I said, they have been charged and convicted on the federal level. But you know how it goes with the jury. You know, it's a reasonable doubt. So maybe the prosecution wasn't able to prove this case to beyond a reasonable doubt to that particular jury.
Speaker 1: So that's how that goes.
Speaker 5: And it was on video, if I remember correctly, right.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was absolutely that beating was on video. In other news, the official morning period for the pope is over and The process to select a new pope is underway in Rome, and that process is known as a conclave. Now, one one hundred and thirty three cardinals electors, including New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan, must isolate in the sixteen Chapel until a new pope is chosen. Here's what Timoth the Dolan Archbishop Timothy Doland had to say before going into the conclave.
Speaker 9: It's Wednesday, and this is the day we enter the conclave, and I'm about ready to go into the Domus South Amanta.
Speaker 5: So this could be the last time I talked to you in a couple of days.
Speaker 4: So folks, I will be able to talk to you until you see the white slogan.
Speaker 5: I look forward to doing that and keep us in your prayers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So this after swearing oaths of secrecy and attending a final pre conclave mass at Saint Peter's Basilica, the cardinals have handed over their cell phones and must cut off all communication with the outside world. Voting will continue until a candidate receives two thirds majority to become the late Pope France's successor. That's when we will see that white smoke rise from the chapel until then, black smoke will be seen following each round of votes, and the voting resumes today.
Speaker 5: Why don't know that?
Speaker 3: I would say, how long does it usually take? How long is it taken in the past?
Speaker 8: We know, I want to say, just you know, as long as it takes, honestly, but usually just a few weeks or about a week or some weeks.
Speaker 6: Wow, Why they don't know a reality show? They don't have reality shows over there?
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is this is old school.
Speaker 8: All we what is it? Secret society? All we ask is trust type stuff.
Speaker 6: Man, we can do making the pope, Oh my god, for the love of God, goodness could have been.
Speaker 1: You know what I would have watched to.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's gonna take that long because that the pope just spoke, Well, not the Pope, but what is he the cardinal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Archbishop of New York's, Archbishop Timothy Dolan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knows the knicks of planes. So he's gonna get out of there by Saturday. Oh my gosh, she gonna get this. The knicks haven't been in a long time. I'm sure he nick here.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be out by Saturday well, wrapping things up at six a m.
Speaker 8: Speaking of people who want to be the pope allegedly, President Trump says he will make a major trade announcement today. In a post on truth Social he said he'll hold a news conference in the Oval Office and that the deal will be a big and highly uh that it's a deal with a big and highly respected country.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 8: He closed the post by saying, the first deal of many. Just over a month ago, Trump announced global teriffs on you imports and in an effort to boost American manufacturing and protect jobs. So there's projection there's a possibility that this could be China.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't know. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: And what if Trump makes an announcement that.
Speaker 6: He's doing a deal with that, with that island that only got penguins announcement. I'm like, you know, you put times on the island that only had penguins on it. I think it's called a herd island or something like that. If you meant what if that's his big announcement, Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, well, for who knows it, for the president, So nothing, that's your front page news for six am.
Speaker 1: Stick around at seven A and we're talking Federal Reserve chair.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, right.
Speaker 7: Right, ray Yo, Charla man, what up are we lost?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 5: If your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: I got an indoor pool.
Speaker 5: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 12: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: We lie, Hello, who's this? Hello? Hey? What's your name?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Is Mike?
Speaker 12: Call her from a Jersey nvy? Good morning? Everybody's just there yet?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: Good heyo, yes, good morning, Good morning, Charlotte Mane.
Speaker 12: I want to talk to you about on the dance The dance dad Man. My daughter just finished up the dance season two weeks ago. I mean were down in training New Jersey.
Speaker 7: Like she has an all black schools though.
Speaker 12: I mean, I know you understand, like kids going to these competitions, man, so as they see these black kids, they they was like, oh, they can't do tat. They can't do jazz, you know, they can't do lyrical and truck man. Our kids that go out there and show out, they went first place, grand prizes. Overall, these kids get out there hating. But these tenle folks really really upset out there many. I know you probably go through it too with your daughter going out there.
Speaker 7: I'll be for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the same thing. I mean, I always I love seeing the schools, especially the Black schools that pull up in and they show out.
Speaker 5: It's it's always great.
Speaker 3: But the dopest thing about it is when they win and it's not like the typical thing they're gonna win for like because they got hip hop, so everybody know the black school's gonna get busy and hip hop. Or when when the black schools through the ballet or they do the Liver school or they do the uh what's it called the area temporary that so like my daughter wins on all lows and and and I love it, but I love it.
Speaker 5: I love saying it.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad you show. What's the name of the dance school, bro all the fift.
Speaker 12: Company Academy of Dance, It's the Stint Hamilton is Jersey. But I mean she just moved from like Trent right to the border of Hamilton, all and they actually just they going to nationals now in July and Orlando, Florida. I want to give a shout out to my daughter, A layer like that that out to the school. You know, I got my cast that out.
Speaker 3: There to help get her of the national definitely.
Speaker 5: How how old is she?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 12: She's eleven and a half.
Speaker 5: What's what's the what's the cash app? It's M D J M D. John hold Man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put some money in there, man, because I know how expensive it is, believe me.
Speaker 5: In the day is that island? Mother? What is it? Yep?
Speaker 12: Michael and David Johnson two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: All right, bro, I thot a little bit money in there.
Speaker 7: All right, appreciate y'all.
Speaker 5: Have a great one. Good to your baby girl.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you?
Speaker 5: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 11: Oh area?
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get her off your chest.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to take good morning to everyone.
Speaker 11: It's just there today.
Speaker 1: Good morning girl, Good morning, how you doing?
Speaker 12: My mom just wanted.
Speaker 10: A business plan of putting a business.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to give her a shout out. He's putting treat.
Speaker 11: On ID the Baltimore areas adual pieces all occasions.
Speaker 12: You're all ocasi.
Speaker 7: I just want to give my mamat.
Speaker 5: Louth, your mom out then making people in Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Fact, there you go, the Charla Magne.
Speaker 4: Gott send some of them desserts up here. Out you got you got you gotta send some desserts up here.
Speaker 13: I got you.
Speaker 7: She had fifteen locations, like we.
Speaker 4: Congrasson, Yeah, congratulations, mama, that's what you got.
Speaker 5: Fifteen locations.
Speaker 11: Fifteen locations.
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to get mamdu to shout out.
Speaker 14: You wanted to sell right now?
Speaker 7: You are southeast, that's all.
Speaker 5: She have a go one k. That's little to mom Dukes.
Speaker 3: That's what's Get it off your chest eight hundrink five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent here this up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 4: I hate the wait that you walk, the way you talk, I hate the waiting, your dress everything.
Speaker 15: When me is best, call up next eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 13: Not just me, I'm with the coach of philing.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 11: All right, Nikki calling from Florida. Sorry y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: Okay, So it's actually mainly just what I want to talk to. Okay, I saw your sell in Orlando. You're like, oh my god, you're just so tiny. I told you I'm an og fan. I'm so glad that to rebrand it on YouTube. But all our comments, I feel we all missed how the tool.
Speaker 1: I promise you that's coming back.
Speaker 4: It's about finding the time to play all six characters again.
Speaker 1: I got you, I know it.
Speaker 11: And then I know a lot of people missing the baby mama versus the girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I still do all.
Speaker 4: I still do those. I just don't put them on YouTube, but I'm gonna put them on YouTube. I still do those every.
Speaker 11: Now, Okay, anyone and gentlemen, I didn't want to, you know, just include.
Speaker 5: 'all so good.
Speaker 11: But anyway, I just wanted to tell everybody that's an amazing at her showing Orlando. If you're going to herself for Mother's Day weekend, please will not be disappointed at her. Jessie was amazing.
Speaker 12: You're gonna jess.
Speaker 11: I watched you with flood baby girl.
Speaker 2: You feel that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: What's Flood?
Speaker 16: I die hard.
Speaker 1: And I love that girl they got.
Speaker 11: Please, if you guys are going to just you, will not be disappointed, will not be disappointed with you. Keep doing your things, baby girl, I love you, just love this falling up?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: What's flood?
Speaker 4: The flood is an action movie that me and did. It's actually Dosy's movie, and it's on Amazon and it's also on TV.
Speaker 1: It's called Flood.
Speaker 4: Just l O O D. It's an action joint. It's all black production everything. It's really really dope.
Speaker 5: What about the one that you're doing called Stud when that's coming up?
Speaker 4: I don't have a movie called Stud coming out.
Speaker 5: I should that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 1: You look like one now, definitely.
Speaker 5: Hello, I am dressed like a stud this morning.
Speaker 3: Actually, the ones that set it off.
Speaker 5: You look like a bank dress like Chris Rock Daddy and everybody. Here's christ Hell, oh my goodness? Hello? Who's this right?
Speaker 10: Love?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 17: Is?
Speaker 10: King?
Speaker 5: What's up? Brother? Get off here and check them? All black but ching old blacks? What's up? Brothers?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 7: What's that song?
Speaker 10: Maber?
Speaker 5: I love you man, I appreciate you, King?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: How you very good.
Speaker 7: Good. I was thinking, Man, I hope he beats this case. I really do, because he's been treated unfairly all the way through up till now.
Speaker 5: Who treated the month faily?
Speaker 7: Treat the media, the prosecutors, just the whole thing. He didn't even get a ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't get a ball. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know if the prosecutors have been treated a month faily, but it is very hard. I hate when I see these things played out in the court of public opinion.
Speaker 5: I tell you that much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but in all fairs that y'all was helping too. Man, I'll be kicking back.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, did your jokes be funny? Like you can't sit here? Tell me many stories aren't hilarious?
Speaker 1: And did he know a lot of this stuff?
Speaker 5: Yes, he knows.
Speaker 1: He in there. They probably got jokes, famcy. His back probably already kick then, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I do the kicking.
Speaker 7: But can't you feel that he's gonna beat it? Like, can't you feel the vibe going for his weight?
Speaker 5: We don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be You want to know something else, King of all Black, I'll be forgetting what he's even on trial for because of all of the stuff that's out there in the media, like all of the other stories, he.
Speaker 7: Has to stay. Oh boy, all Puffy has to stay. It's to say, I'm a freaks. I do the craziest stuff, but I didn't do that.
Speaker 16: When the new black woman that he has on his face is she's a sexual uh survivors, he's one.
Speaker 7: Yes, sexual sort a survival and she's gonna be the key to him winning this case.
Speaker 6: Because you said he's my word, but the King of bull Blacks, you said he didn't do that.
Speaker 5: That's my point. I don't even know what that is anymore. What is that? Because you know what that is? That is they are.
Speaker 7: They are hitting him with white man crimes, you know what I'm saying. When he's just some black dude that likes the party. But they hitting them with sex copy kid enough, he ain't sex traffic. Nobody who whoever wanted to be there wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: So if Diddy's listening right now, how would you tell him to defend his brother.
Speaker 7: I'm a freak. I like to get defecated on. I like that, I like I like I like go to he should go over the limit.
Speaker 6: How the phrased he is, but I didn't do that, Okay, but I still don't know what that is. I'm not even joking when I say this. I'm really confused about this. Don't know nobody because they're using the Cassie tape in court, but he's not charging that. I'm like, I'm really confused about what he's in the jail for.
Speaker 3: Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one Laura LaRosa the ladies with Laura coming out to you back.
Speaker 14: We do I actually I heard we did the Tyree I was hearing us do Tyree Nichols at the top of Front Page News, and I was actually speaking to Being Crump as we were doing it. And you know, Ben Crump's team has been supporting Tyry Nichols family legally. And he explained a lot more some like background information to me. I want to get into more of where Morgan left off at with why this ruling was even why these men are being found not guilty.
Speaker 4: When we all watched that video. You don't want to call it, he said, he's not able to. I tried.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. We're going to see Kendrick tonight. God damnit turn our mic on.
Speaker 3: We're going to tonight Met Life in New Jersey tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're mobbing as a family. Yes, Oh my god, you're going yeah, yeah, are you win all? No, No, I was gonna say because because Lauren literally had that on day.
Speaker 12: That's my brother.
Speaker 1: Don't work at Jiffy Lea, so baby, I.
Speaker 6: Hope it don't rain though, well supposed to rain and that, you know, yeah outside wait wait, we got outside.
Speaker 5: But when they performed, I was gonna say, no, it's definitely on. Everybody learn. It looks like it looks like life got a roof, don't We just got a big don't roof.
Speaker 1: The roof is don't buy.
Speaker 4: Let's look into the latest for I put y'all letting up face.
Speaker 1: He wanted to becoming the stream.
Speaker 5: That's a worse than so far gets she gets to detail.
Speaker 16: I'm not that.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: To be having the latest on things, the latest with Lauren la Rossa. Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the latest on the breakfast club to me.
Speaker 14: So the news broke that we can in their front page news as well, that three former Memphis police officers have been found not guilty in the death of Tyree Nichols. The officers were acquitted, whence they may seventh of all state charges, including second degree murder. Now, as you guys remember, Tyree Nichols was beat to death, and there was video of this after an alleged traffic stop. There was like a lane change violation that they tried to say they pulled them over for now, I reached out to attorney Ben Crump, who is, you know, one of the illegal attorneys for the Nichols family, and he tells me, obviously the family is devastated.
Speaker 1: This makes no sense.
Speaker 14: They did speak on a press conference prior to this and they said, you know, the same thing. But my first question to him is, how is this able to happen? Everybody saw that video, We knew of the alleged like them, it's not even alleged now because they've been convicted of it and they will be sentenced for it. Of them trying to cover it up and make things look different than how they actually went down, how is that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: And I'm gonna explain that. So there's state charges and there's federal charges. So even though these men were found or acquitted on the state level, on the federal level, they still are looking at witness tampering because of all of the different things that were done in the beginning of this to try and cover up what was happening. But even with that, like in the federal case, they looking up they're looking at like probation or maybe up to ten years in prison, but you don't know until they're sentenced. But the issue and the reason why this is problematic, even though they are looking at some time on the federal side, is that the constitutional rights that were violated, which is when we have a conversation about Taby Nichols's death and who was responsible for that, they totally are No one's going to be held responsible for that. Because even on the federal side, the charge, the harsher charge, which was that civil rights charge leading to death, was lessened to bodily injury. This is also problematic, and one of the conversations that I was having with Attorney Crump is the fact that they changed the jury. So the jury that decided on this state case was a jury from outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee. They took about eight and a half hours to figure out what the verdict was gonna be.
Speaker 4: And people were really upset about that because if you think about.
Speaker 14: Exactly exactly, so the whole jury of your peers, thing was not honored accord to according to Ben Crump, and how Tyree Nichols family feels because exactly what you said, Charlamagne, and also too, this was a predominantly white jury. So you have a predominantly white jury, and you know, one of the conversations that I was having also with Attorney Crump is you got to think about where the administration is right now with Trump and the whole we love police conversation. You put in a majority white jury to figure out what happened in this case. It's just not fair at all.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 14: Another thing that I wanted to point out as well, too, is that this is very similar to the attorney Crump was. He's so diligent in how he breaks this down. I wish he could have called in. It's very similar to what happened in Rodney King Beanan. When you talk about the jury and how you know the prosecutors came in and said, or the defense comes in and says, we can't get a jury of our like a proper jurey if it stays here locally, because the people who live here are not going to be able to judge without a bias. And so then you bring in this other jury and it just everything that everything that you're looking at in a case like this has to do with a lot of the community stuff like this is a black young boy. He was there was a lane change that happened. He was according to you know how people looked at this hunted down by this police unit. The police are saying, like you have the state. The state is saying, well, the police, this is a corrupt unit. I think they were called like the scorpion unit. They're like, oh, this is a corrupt unit. They're blaming them, the police officers saying no, we followed the rules. So no one wants to take blame for it. And that's why, you know, of course people are upset because with these men, they're not going to walk completely.
Speaker 4: But just the salon is a smack in the face.
Speaker 6: Somebody lost all you said that a couple of times so short that they're not going to walk completely.
Speaker 14: I don't know that answer myself, but according to Tourney Crump, at least three men will face deal time.
Speaker 3: And they got to go to the Supreme Court to get it to try to get this case done again. But my thing is, will at Supreme Court do it?
Speaker 5: Because we will?
Speaker 3: A Supreme court look at it like it was a black brother that passed away. It was a black unit. So what racism would have to do with that?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: As far as the jury is concerned, No, no, no, no, Because they're basically saying that it wasn't a jury that pairs. There were white people on the two. So if it's if not a racial play, how would that change?
Speaker 1: You were asking, where are they for a hate crime?
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 14: No, So the only thing close to that that was trying to happen is they were trying to get these men convicted on a civil rights related charge. That would have been a charge related to his death. But that's what I was mentioning that got dropped in the federal court. So even when they go to federal court, they're looking at they're looking at this time still, but it's not going to be as harsh as it should be because that got dropped to violating his civil rights, causing bodily injury, not death.
Speaker 3: And the sad thing is they let this go so long. People really forgot about it. Like Charlamage said earlier, like I forgot I thought it was I thought this has been over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think. I mean, I honestly just forgot. I forgot. I can't say I thought it was over. I just literally forgot about it.
Speaker 6: I remember it being a real big deal when it first happened, because in my mind I couldn't believe that a bunch of brothers would do that to another black man. And we have so many conversations about we need more black officers who want to stay in the black community, but so.
Speaker 5: Much happens in the world since twenty twenty three.
Speaker 14: I really just yeah, yeah, And I wanted to take a minute two to shout out Christian Clark from the Biden administration because, uh, the federal charges like that, the charges that they are that are going to stick. She fought a lot to make sure that you know that the that the Tyree Nichols family would even had that to fall back on.
Speaker 6: But why do I I mean, I'm just asking I don't know why. Why are you so sure that these charges are going to stick on the federal level.
Speaker 4: I don't think that they so.
Speaker 14: Because they were lessened is the honestly the only reason, in my opinion. If they were actually going for what they should be going for, which is the fact that someone died, I don't think that they would stick the same. But they were lessened to the civil violating his civil rights resulting bodily injury. So I think something will stick, but we just don't know for a fact what will and who it will stick on. But I did ask Attorney Crump, So you don't think all of these people will walk? He said, he believes at least three of the gentlemen will go to jail. He just cannot pinpoint which three and what the sentence will look like.
Speaker 6: Y'all got more faith in the system than I do, because if that was the case, nobody would be surprised that they got found out guilty enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's my thing.
Speaker 3: Like everybody, I guess they're saying this charge is a lesson, so it's easy to prosecute him. I guess that's what he was trying to say. But like I said, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 14: Yeah, as we wrap up, the civil case is still pending. His family does have a civil case out and Tyree Nichols's birthday is coming up on June fifth, so they will be doing a big rally just because they do feel like, you know, at this point, people are not they don't even know that this is happening anymore. So that will happen on June fifth in Memphis as well too.
Speaker 3: So okay, all right, well that is the latest with Lauren. When we come back, we got front page news and then six and Park Reunion, AJ, Roxy Daz and Terrence ja will be here.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake up, waol. If you're liked into the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get back in some front page news now if you quit sports. Knicks meet the Celtics last night ninety one ninety the league the series to nothing. The thunder destroyed the Nuggets one forty nine to one oh six. Jesus, that series is tied one one and the Golden State Warriors Tech played in Minnesota Timbols to night but Steph Curry will miss up, miss Steph Curry will miss at least a week after suffering a hamstring strings.
Speaker 5: Hey, and then for a week.
Speaker 6: They don't make no sense for a team it's called one hundred and forty nine points and they're not an all star team. Those are all star team numbers man one hundred and forty nine points. They had eighty seven points in the first half. That's ridiculous, that's crazy. All right, what's up Morgan?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 12: Y all?
Speaker 8: Hey, So I want to correct something that I said in the last segment about how long it takes for a new pope to be voted on.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 8: Traditionally, well, I said a few weeks or a week or so. And traditionally the conclave has varied in length, but most recent conclave says it has taken about two to three days.
Speaker 1: And of course this is day two.
Speaker 8: So hopefully, like you said, and be the new popole surface and maybe he will be a New Yorker and he can watch the game.
Speaker 1: Who knows, I don't know.
Speaker 8: And to answer the question of the caller, the jury in the Tyree Nichols trial did appear to be all white.
Speaker 1: So jury of your peers. Maybe they were police officers, but you.
Speaker 5: Got an all idea. Sorry for three black cops.
Speaker 1: So back into the front page news.
Speaker 8: The Federal Reserve is leaving interest rates unchanged, but he has also said there's a lot of positivity around the economy despite the future being uncertain. Let's take a listen to Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell make these comments.
Speaker 1: Following the announcement, my.
Speaker 17: Colleagues and I remained squarely focused on achieving our dual mandate goals of maximum employment and stable prices for the benefit of the American people. Despite heightened uncertainty, the economy is still in a solid position. The unemployment rate remains low, and the labor market is at or near maximum employment. Inflation has come down a great deal, but has been running somewhat above or two percent longer run objective.
Speaker 8: So it comes as recent economic reports have sent mixed signals on the state of the economy. Inflation still remains above the Central Bank's a target of two percent. Not to mention, tariffs implemented by the White House remain in place, including the one hundred and forty five percent tear against China, but who knows that could be again, like I talked earlier about Trump's announcement.
Speaker 6: Hey Morgan, one thing, one thing they're not going to do is a lot of people about their pockets.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You can tell us all of these different things about the economy, the GDP is this, and inflation is this, but people know how their pockets field. That's the same thing to Biden administration used to do. Biden administration used to say, Oh, the economy is good. You know, the stock market is high. I ain't got no goddamn stocks. Okay, So you can't lie to people about how their pockets are feeling. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Transportation is another one that seemingly you can't pull the wool over each other's eyes. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy is set to announce today his plan for overhauling the nation's air traffic control system. This comes amidst continuing delays at Nework Liberty Airport resulting from communication blackouts and a shortage of air traffic controllers. Now. Duffy has offered glimpses of the plan, saying in recent interviews the system would have new telecom, new radars, and new infrastructure. Last week, air traffic controllers. Screeners at New York or screen excuse me at Noyork went dark for thirty seconds. I believe this is actually ninety seconds, cutting off all communication between airplanes and controllers. Duffy blamed the outage on a frail system. This comes at the same time that most airports reportedly said that real ID on the first day was smooth. Reports from several major airports indicate smooth implementation with minimal passenger disruption. Official say passengers without a real ID may still be able to fly, but will face additional screening and we'll have to wait in a separate line. Now, all real ID cards are marked with a star in the upper right hand corner, regardless of what state they are issued in. Patty Manche who is with the TSA. She's a TSA spokeswoman out of Texas. She says the only way to get through security without a real ID is to be interviewed by an agent. Let's take a listen to her comments.
Speaker 18: What PSA will do is we will work with the traveler to try to get identity verifications. This is not a fast process and it's also not a guaranteed process. We will ask you a series of questions. It's much like a credit check, and we will work with you to try to verify your identity.
Speaker 8: So she goes on to say, if you don't have a real ID and needs a fly, she says, come to the airport a little bit earlier than normal and you can use You can also use your passport as well. So hopefully this real ID thing will not impact too many travelers and put too many delays, because it does look like the summer season is upon us, and I know a lot of people are looking to travel.
Speaker 1: To front Page News, y'all.
Speaker 8: Y'all can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, A J. Terrence J and Roxy d As will be joining us. The twenty fifth anniversary of one O six in Park Reunion is going to be held at the b E T Awards, and we're gonna talk to them next.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Cloaking Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's the j n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Lawna Rosa is in the.
Speaker 3: Building as well, and we got some special guests in the building.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, you got some family. We got roxy ds. This is people's childhood in here, everybody, This is all my family. I'm just joking, this is all my family. Got a j Roxy and ter Welcome, guys.
Speaker 6: What going on?
Speaker 5: Good one o six in park. You guys were our childhood, our adult life growing up.
Speaker 1: Definitely mine. I'm so excited happy.
Speaker 3: Does it feel like.
Speaker 5: He's older than talking about your childhood? Those child children that was on TV two thousand. Okay, well I was going that happens all the time.
Speaker 3: You were in the store and people got walkers and they're like, I grew up watching you.
Speaker 1: I was like, you were grown.
Speaker 17: Like that.
Speaker 6: But you'all all celebrating twenty five years wow with a reunion at the Bear.
Speaker 19: Yes.
Speaker 3: People always say whatever was better the Free and aj era or the Roxy and Terrence era.
Speaker 5: I'm just just curious, you know.
Speaker 20: I think different generations grew up with different hosts, and so everybody likes to pick favorites. But when it comes to all of the hosts together, we just know that we're part of this amazing family that you know was able to be such an influence on the culture that you know to this day, To be honest with you, to this day, I still get more people that like are from the one oh six in Park family that are now our A list celebrities and stars that.
Speaker 4: Come up here.
Speaker 20: You know, because of those connections from then that you know, they still they stick with you for so long. So we're just so appreciative of the foundation that we were able to come from and build.
Speaker 5: And there was no platform for.
Speaker 6: Black and brown people, especially at a prime time when that was getting them at all.
Speaker 15: Yeah, not back then, and there was. It was crazy because we honestly didn't know what we were creating. BT was looking for a host at that time. They already knew Free Well, Free was already picked and actually shout out to George Daniels. George Daniels George's music room. He introduced me to BT executives and I took.
Speaker 5: Them around and that's how it all happened.
Speaker 15: Took him a couple of part parties and then they had me auditioned and literally like three weeks later, I was on live television Green Crazy.
Speaker 3: How difficult was it for you because you didn't have any history in that No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 5: I mean it was it was crazy. I mean you, I was got a lot of hate you had.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 15: I can't even remember their names. The morning shows were coming after me.
Speaker 5: I remember it was. Yeah, But honestly, BT had predator.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 15: But honestly, I gotta give it up for Stephen Hill because he had my back. And then, long story short, the same dude that was talking out at MESS I ended up running into him at the garden and he's like, you know, what's all funny games?
Speaker 5: We managem? Wow. I was like, aren't you the same?
Speaker 15: And what happened was BT to just put a big spend with them, but they were like they had a commercial to get me fired off the show radio.
Speaker 5: Remember that it was crazy, it was but anyway, I took it. I took it that you light work.
Speaker 15: No, but there's but to answer the question, to go back to this question, there's no competition, there's no. I mean, honestly, these two people right here held it down for a longer time and with a lot of pressure on them. So to be able to do that and to hold it down with style and Grace got to like take my hat.
Speaker 6: Off to them, not seamless defferientated and make the transition presss we were gone.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there was.
Speaker 13: They were already gone and Jelisa were super gracious and mad Links and everybody that was you know around at that time. We're gracious and but it was challenging, you know. We stepped into these iconic shoes with people that we grew up watching. So there was a lot of initial hate.
Speaker 20: And we came from because we were a new face search you know, a competition, you know, challenge. So it's like Terence and I really leaned on each other because we both knew that nobody understood the what we were going through more than each other because we never had done television before. I came from a radio background and he did radio as well. But we want a contest to host the biggest show on a network, and that.
Speaker 5: Was a big did.
Speaker 13: I had thousands of dollars of student debt to pay back from from North Carolina and Tea and was sleeping on Fred's couch at the time down in his basement, and so we were just trying to hustle to make it and we just had this dream and ambition and so to see the show go to where it went and to be a part. You know, we were a part of all these iconic moments, all of us, right from when Michael Jackson passed to when Barack was a senator, when Obama was a senator, you know, all of these land.
Speaker 20: Madonna trying to make out with.
Speaker 13: Tar and it became anywhere we went. Yeah, Ali, you know Bryant like all these.
Speaker 6: When y'all left the show, a j to BT even tell y'all, did y'all find out on my space?
Speaker 14: Like like she said, yeah, because from what I read leaving the show was you there was behind the scenes like you felt like creatively.
Speaker 1: It was online stuff.
Speaker 4: It was creatively it was.
Speaker 15: But why yeah, why it was time? I mean back, No, it was time. I'll just say that, or can I say, maybe there's a book coming out.
Speaker 4: I don't know, possibly we'll finally get the answer maybe.
Speaker 15: I mean, the answer was it was time for me personally, it was it was time. I made the decision. Honestly that evening it was my last contractual day. And yeah, I walked in the you know, how to do the prep office? I walked in off all the producers there. I was like, to my last day. Whatever we're prepping ain't gonna work. And they thought I was playing because I played all the time, and that was actually my last day. And it was crazy because I still remember Mariah Carey shake it off. It was like the new joint of today.
Speaker 13: That's crazy and that's what I was like, I'm making the right decision?
Speaker 5: Did you? And Free playing that? Okay?
Speaker 20: What can I say something real quick about Free though, because you guys asked the question about the transition. Free has always been that girl's girl, and she reached out to me because she knew. She was like, okay, girl, there's the curse of the couch amazing, and this is what's gonna happen, and this is what's gonna go through and Free handheld she she held my hand through a lot of stuff that went there. So so nobody get and all of the girls we're all close, but like the women in one O six in Park have always kept in touch and like to this day, I mean, Julia and I just went on vacation. Keisha Chante and I go to the same nail salon and you know, see each other. Me and Free talk all the time. So just for for for for reference on that, like, kudos to Free because she really really really looked out for all the girls and for us. She always calls us free angels. She's like, y'all are my girls. I'm like, all right, Free but but you know, she just she really is a girl's girl and really really really looked out. I mean even to like who the best hair makeup person was one like those things that you don't know, you know, especially when you're not on TV, you don't know these things. So she yeah, shout out.
Speaker 3: We're still kicking it with AJ, terrece J and Roxy ds Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: How long did it take y'all to get chemistry? Like between y'all you and Free Ag and also between you and Terrence Rock.
Speaker 20: Ours was kind of instant. Again, we came in through new faces, so we came in through a whole different.
Speaker 13: Roxy really easy to work with in that way though, you know, it was seamless. So and again it was that the world was just different and we were so hungry to just be able to pay our rents on time and just be able to you know, do these interviews and so yeah, we were having fun our life was changing. We were in our twenties. It was it was great. It was a great time when I look back at it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, again, like Terrence and I were a different situation because they really didn't have to be a chemistry test. We were so happy to get the show. And like I remember, we had the phone call with Stephen and he was like, oh, y'all are the host and we're like wait what? And I had the worst audition process that whole week, Like it was terrible.
Speaker 1: So the fact that he even got to where where it was, but.
Speaker 4: So you didn't even know you had You didn't even think that you had it after auditioning, not at all.
Speaker 20: Well when we because it was like ten of us stepped in your faces and then they picked five to stay on the network. So even to have made it to the five, I was just like what, like, you know, this is crazy.
Speaker 13: Always been a blessing. Yeah, grew up watching you know.
Speaker 20: Even I thought you didn't even know that that was up for grabs. We didn't know that they were looking for the new hosts of one O six. We had no idea tak Care and Julisa were doing the thing.
Speaker 15: Do you remember the conversation would you be started, but I told you to diversify and do all the stuff you did.
Speaker 13: You were always very you know, gracious and very you know the way you pass the torch, you take like everybody like it was. It was a lot of well he took it.
Speaker 5: To another level, absolutely.
Speaker 15: Honestly, because I remember the conversation privately, I've said this to you, and I'm saying it publicly like you literally took it to another level.
Speaker 5: And that is a beautiful thing because it opens up for so many people.
Speaker 15: And I know you, you know, you walk the street and people like, I'm in I'm in news because of you, I'm in entertainment because of you. You know what that show did probably the craziest thing, and this actually happened more than once. I had a guy come up to me and literally almost break down at tears and say he's alive because of one O six.
Speaker 5: Damn. He said no, no, no.
Speaker 15: It was like he wanted to be inside to watch one O six and all of his friends were on the corner and they shot up the want to and killed all of his friends. So literally every one of his friends died. He was like, I'm the only one alive. Wow, So just the impact of bringing kids inside from the inn, you know, because the streets.
Speaker 5: Were crazy at times.
Speaker 4: That's why to sit down and watch it.
Speaker 14: I looked at a funny to think one hundred six hundred thousand views per episode on minimum you guys were having during a Jane free on one or sixth park, including according to Google, that's a lot of people sitting at one time, and you had to watch.
Speaker 5: It because it wasn't no internet, so there was no social media. It was no Internet. There wasn't like you know, teams and all that stuff. Really was crazy.
Speaker 15: The commercial, I forget who made the commercial. I loved the members that because the kids were dropping them back to Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when I was in elementary school, we used to play They used to play it for us in the cafeteria on a projector like you know, you hear like Jim would be everybody's favorite. No, lunch was everybody's favorite period because we used to watch one or six and fought and eat our food. Well I never eat the food, it was trash, but six o'clock was time lunchtime every day.
Speaker 5: That explained so much about both of them. Listen in prison, you can't there.
Speaker 4: You could have most of me when it was like a.
Speaker 5: Music to get crazy jail man. We do like that story.
Speaker 4: You don't get no more.
Speaker 20: You jealous, you don't get no more.
Speaker 15: Guy Drew, I Drew, I got questions, A crazy honest story. I was at an event that believe was that Martha Stewart was there. I shouldn't be telling the story and.
Speaker 11: Never to.
Speaker 15: And I, you know, interviewed Martha on Extra a couple of times, and I was like, I know Martha, She's super cool.
Speaker 5: So I brought her over and and I was that is Martha Stewart. And Martha was like, oh my god, I love bet. When I was locked up, that's all I can watch.
Speaker 17: It was.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a hilarious moments.
Speaker 14: It was y'all deal with because I was just saying before y'all came in after one or six apart. The only other place I can think of that has those cultural moments that people remember good or bad is Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: But now now No.
Speaker 14: I brought that up because I was saying, we now we got the internet, so it's like when moments happen here, it's super huge with y'all.
Speaker 4: It was happening on TV, but then like turning TV off, you go home or did you?
Speaker 8: Or not?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 4: How did y'all handle those moments?
Speaker 1: Like I know there was like the.
Speaker 14: Webby thing that happened, Roxy, Terrence, you walking off stage, Rocks, y'all here together now, we would love to hear about.
Speaker 4: That as well.
Speaker 20: But those protects me at all costs, and that's what I'm say, and I'll protect himself at all costs. And I don't like, I don't like bringing up anything that was like, that's not what I want to remember from the show because that's not even worth our time right now. The show was more about celebration than it was about drama. So those three one hundred and sixty days or whatever, because we were a three sixty five show, you know, it was always there's always things that would happen. But if there's one thing that I could say about this man right here, is that he protected me, you know, at all costs.
Speaker 13: Listen, you know where it's such a celebration now, right and we'll pivot out, but listen for me, Rocks like it was. Yeah, anything that had to do with Roxy was always protection things. But shout outs to Webby, it's love man. This has been, you know, decades. We're adults. We weren't growing up live on television daily, our level of emotional intelligence, our growth as human beings. What we were dealing with it was we were literally growing up in front of everybody's eyes. So obviously we made mistakes. Obviously there's there's growing pains, there's things that we learned. But when we look back act, it was this beautiful journey and time, this beautiful thing that we got to celebrate together. And when when Scott Mills and the team said, hey, we want to celebrate twenty five years of one O six and Park this year at the b ET.
Speaker 4: Awards, we say we're going to pivot.
Speaker 13: Yeah, man, money talks.
Speaker 5: Mans.
Speaker 6: I do remember when you walked up the seat you said it was publicity stun run running back because I.
Speaker 4: Don't want people to think that was a real thing about me and him.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this we were blurring the lines of reality. This was early reality TV, right, we were blurring the lines. Me and Roxy were sitting in Steven's office and was like, why don't we, you know, try this is a scripted thing we were coming up with. Creative people were talking.
Speaker 5: About it like it was you know.
Speaker 13: Right now, So it was yeah, me and her always been right here.
Speaker 20: It was never never, ever, ever ever between me and even to this day like protect him at all.
Speaker 13: Costs, you know, and we never hooked up. And the only reason why I bring that up is because Roxy is such a professional that you're such a professional.
Speaker 5: Let me let me, let me, let me say this somewhere said, let me say this before y'all.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, with women in it.
Speaker 5: Because about the way he's handling the interview right now, you know, she's so.
Speaker 4: Weird, like.
Speaker 14: Because that's the moment she wants to understand why you took it away from a real quick he threw it.
Speaker 4: And you took it away.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and finished, Terrence. I know what you're saying.
Speaker 13: You know, the show was special, and we're just so happy that we get to celebrate.
Speaker 5: It twenty.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, the crazy time when y'all were coming up, I feel like New York in the two thousand and two thousand and five twenty ten was a bunch of people coming up at the same time. So we all ran with each other, and I just thought that was dope. We all looked out for each other. We all cared about each other. We all moved in the same circle. So it's like watching y'all now, it's like your brothers and sisters to me because we were all there, we were in fights, we were doing it like we did it all together.
Speaker 5: And God, there was no cameras back in the table. God, everybody to fight me.
Speaker 13: I love. I don't even remember what happened. I don't even remember what happened.
Speaker 6: I used to be on Wendy Show, and I used to be gunning Terrence and Roxy, right, and so I was up there with Wendy being messy, just like your golf father, trying to shake my head, and I said, I can't shake your hand because I know I'll be talking about you and that would be fake of me.
Speaker 5: So Terrence sat down.
Speaker 6: You put his hat on the backcause he said, you know what, yeah, I respect that, but it ain't me that really you want to put you in the face with what you're be saying about my co host.
Speaker 5: And I was like, wow, you hop in here. And then everybody was like, y'all go in the bathroom and talk.
Speaker 6: And that's what we did. You went in the bathroom and talk. But he was protecting Roxy he ain't even came what I was saying about him.
Speaker 1: Who won.
Speaker 5: Would always be off right right before the fight. Me and Terres never fought soires in a fight.
Speaker 13: Now, I would help Terrence when when you left the room, it ends it with a hug. I have so much respect for Charlemagne then and now what Charlemagne has done is incredible. And it was it was respect, and I think that's starts at our friendship. It was like we had that moment and then we wapped it up and it was so much respect after that show together, right, Terence.
Speaker 3: Was he paying it?
Speaker 5: It was me Ball and Angelie.
Speaker 13: Union.
Speaker 6: A lot of it was jealousy, though, I be honest, like I remember walking up to Terrence one time at the mission when I was in Harlement Mission Impossible, and I had just got with Wendy, And I don't know why I wasn't appreciating my blessing at that time, because I'm Wendy and I'm like, yo, one day, I'm gonna take your job for no reason.
Speaker 7: I remember that.
Speaker 13: I remember that, and I but I didn't take it like that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 13: I when I saw you and looked in your eyes, I saw that there was a hunger there and I saw that there was as an ambition there and I just felt like, as black man, it wasn't our job to tear each other down.
Speaker 5: I'm happy that come and get it mother, now I did.
Speaker 3: It was New York was competitive, and you know when we walked down the street, this is a different tide of TJ because back then to.
Speaker 4: It like, I can't imagine that.
Speaker 6: There's a friend back it down from nobody about this line you're talking about, but them too. Free told me to tell y'all I love them deep and ain't nothing like being a part of the one O six fam alongside a J Roxy, t J, Tigger, Jules About and Keisha. See y'all at the award. Sure you did, yes, And she also told me to keep asking a J where Free is? She said, no, I know she gets that. How many times you get asked?
Speaker 5: I get times that all the time.
Speaker 3: It's just stuff like times where he's gonna change.
Speaker 5: You can be in Africa like a weird street, like he's getting change.
Speaker 1: Free during free time.
Speaker 20: Free was free herself her name and her she was like one of the most popular oh yeah, names.
Speaker 4: Of I don't know what list.
Speaker 20: It was that came back in the world like free, like current, free with King.
Speaker 5: The King magazine covered with Free on the front.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah, absolutely magazine.
Speaker 5: So your question the twenty fifth Oh, so, what are you guys doing. What are you guys doing for THET Awards? What are you guys doing the BET Awards to celebrate.
Speaker 3: BC away hosting the show?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 13: We are celebrating twenty five years of this landmark show. BT's one oh six in Park. We have a lot of surprises. There's gonna be a lot of special announcements, and it'll be the first time all the hosts are being coming back to be on stage together. It's going to be a beautiful reunion. And we're just we're so humbled, we're so appreciative of this time in our life to be able to celebrate this together. Uh, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: So I want to talk categories.
Speaker 14: Okay, yes, so best New Artists and Album of the Year categories.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that right here in the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's an easy call. That's new artist is It's not even close. That's new artist is Doughci I agree she should be in the category.
Speaker 14: So that's new Artists we have artists are big at the plug boss Man, d Lo, d Bills, Leon Thomas, October London, Shaboozy, Teddy Swims, and we're.
Speaker 4: One of the group from New York.
Speaker 13: You know, this is a tough category and so many of these artists have been around and and it's just so many talented people.
Speaker 1: Uh a lot of Yea Thomas October, London.
Speaker 20: Teddy Swims, My goodness.
Speaker 10: We have.
Speaker 15: Perform won the super Bowl party.
Speaker 1: Restar is another one.
Speaker 20: Love iris stars, so that's what they're all there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't there feel.
Speaker 5: Like this is politically.
Speaker 20: Here first on the Breakfast, I don't even feel like it's artist because they've been killing.
Speaker 11: It so that.
Speaker 3: I like Shaboozy. I think Saboozy has had a hell of a year. His record was big, He's performed that Country Awards and Crossover Awards added all him. I like Shaboozy, Teddy.
Speaker 5: Swims, but black.
Speaker 4: I love Teddy Swims and trying to feel like I it's Teddy Swims. Want to be upset.
Speaker 5: Boozy, get the white guy Teddy if he had a good good year, I would do. I would do.
Speaker 4: You're going big extra plug.
Speaker 5: You like them all? I do like you so like biggest plug, Like, what.
Speaker 4: About album of the year.
Speaker 14: So we got some sexy songs for you Draking Party, next Door, eleven eleven Deluxe, Jess, Christie Brown, Alligator Bites, Never Heal, Our Girl, Dochi, Cowboy, Carter, Beyonce, Glorious, Rilla, gn X, Kendrick Lamar, hurry up tomorrow, the weekend, and we don't trust you Future at Metro Bowman.
Speaker 4: Category is real good. Political is whoever doesn't give an answer.
Speaker 5: It's only between two for me, only wonder for me, yes, only one, only one answer for that one. What you already know.
Speaker 8: G x Y.
Speaker 5: Had the best year any art of Kendrick Brown.
Speaker 13: For so many years.
Speaker 3: It was taking like me, I say, the best year.
Speaker 5: That you finished.
Speaker 13: But Beyonce, that's right, says that's my that's my answer.
Speaker 5: I mean Kendrick, he's on tour.
Speaker 20: Now, Kendrick or I'll said, yeah, I did not stop listening to Kendrick's album.
Speaker 13: Right this moment in time for ken. I mean, it's kind of like, but.
Speaker 20: I loved Chris's album to not even lie to christ.
Speaker 8: And Glayeah, this is a challenge.
Speaker 5: Is like you can't switching Gloria listen June nine.
Speaker 7: Ship.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're celebrated.
Speaker 1: We celebrates June NiFe.
Speaker 5: To put out there.
Speaker 15: Starting the podcast finally out of the Park dot life out of the Park O U T T A T H E p A r K might not like you do.
Speaker 5: You're free to be announced.
Speaker 1: Okay not you went free.
Speaker 4: With episode is actually not here today.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Good morning. Let's get to the Latest with Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren be coming straight fast. She gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 4: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on you. The Latest with Lauren la Rosa. Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Talk to me all right, guys, So to start this segment, I do want to talk about if you guys are gonna or not if but when you guys gonna watch our interview that we did with aj Roxy and aj Roxy and j uh. In the interview, we talk about the Best New Artist category and in that category we had a conversation because we're listed on the page. Doci was not listed in Best New Artist. She was listed in the Best I think it was like best Album, Best Rap Album category and I Album of the Okay, it was Album of the Year. So I had said in the interview that I couldn't believe that she wasn't nominated for or wasn't it wasn't being nominated for Best New Artists, and we got some clarity on that. So I received a statement because bet just wanted to make sure that we were able to clarify that Doc was actually recognized early in her career by the BT Awards for Best New Artists and back in twenty twenty three. So now in twenty twenty five, she's up for six awards, including Best Female Hip Hop Artists and Album of the Years.
Speaker 6: That makes sense, but you know nowadays, we be listening to the artists for years before they get like a new artist at an award, So that's why I thought you would be I.
Speaker 4: Was never confused that she wasn't nominated for Best New Artists because I've been listening to Adulcie for like five years now.
Speaker 5: Was on Breast Club with three years ago.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, they just wanted to make the point that they're not overlooking her. It's just that they were earlier that it happened earlier than this year than all of the big hit So in other news, you guys know, Diddy is still in court. So today Thursday, May eighth, no one's in court, but they will return on Friday May ninth, and I'll be there as well too. And on Friday May ninth, they're going to try and cut down this pool of forty five people into twelve jurors and six alternates that they need to begin the trial on Monday. Monday is where opening statements start. Monday's Day is because I know people don't watch this in real time sometimes, Monday, May twelfth is when opening statements begin in Diddy's trial. Now yesterday in court, Wednesday, May seventh, there were some issues with the jurors because it's hard to find people that are either not connected to not even just Diddy in the story at this point, but also to some of the attorneys in the room, in the judge. So there was one juror that took issue with being selected. He came onto the stand and instantly you noticed it, like you would notice in the court that there was like a kind of like a little key key that went down with him in the judge, and it's because he's actually litigated some cases with the judge.
Speaker 4: So of course he was dismissed.
Speaker 14: And the jurors said, like, you know, I wouldn't be comfortable doing this because I think it may make it hard for me to litigate some other cases that I have coming up.
Speaker 4: So he was dismissed.
Speaker 14: But then and the judge kind of didn't really not the judges didn't care, but he wasn't upset about that mishap. But then there was another duror that came on the stand or potential drawer, and this duror disclosed the information that they actually work at MDC Brooklyn. Now the issue with that is Diddy is currently locked up at in DC Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: He's been he's been housed there since September.
Speaker 6: He could have got paid off, he could have got promised something, anything exactly, conversations exactly.
Speaker 14: So the issue with that, the obvious issue with that is is what you guys just said. But the bigger problem that the judge had and he took a minute to scold both sides, the prosecutors and Diddy's team, because.
Speaker 4: He's like, y'all got to do better.
Speaker 5: How to get this fall?
Speaker 14: Yeah, how did he get to the point where he's coming in front of the court and this is being put on record. Not only does it not look like it doesn't look good right like it looks like there's laziness happening, but also too, y'all, this takes a lot of time, Like, we don't want to waste people's time here, So y'all have to do better because there can't be slips, and these accusations are very serious. We can't slip things, can't slip. Now, another issue that they've been having. Remember I told you guys about the new black woman attorney that is on Diddy's case.
Speaker 5: Does she have a name? Because we keep saying woman attorney on Diddie's case. They built a statue of her in New York yesterday, Jo, that's.
Speaker 14: Not her, because I know you talking about that statue of the woman that's a little thick.
Speaker 4: That's not her.
Speaker 14: The woman that I'm referring to. Her name is Nicole west Moreland. And remember I told you all she's a beast at the examination, the cross examination.
Speaker 4: It's according to you know, her career history.
Speaker 14: Now that was one conversation, but now they're having a conversation about an attorney named Mark Garregles.
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever heard of him?
Speaker 14: Big business when it comes to this legal thing. His daughter is one of Diddy's lead attorneys on this case. Right, But he's supposed to not be officially representing Puff, but it's seeming like he's been consulting the you know, the team or whatever. But he has this podcast that he does and I believe he does it in a partnership with TMZ and the podcast is called Two Angry Men, him and Harvey Levin. Very fitting for Harvey. Now, on that podcast they break down you know, I'm being funny. On that podcast, they break down a bunch of different things, but of course they leaning in the legal stuff. And on that podcast a couple of days ago, he got on there and called the prosecutors a six pack of white women. Now it is all white women on the prosecutor side. We've talked about that. But the issue that the judge has with this is you. It seems like you are the prosecutors had with it is number one. These are the white women he's talking about. But it seems like he is working with Puff's team. So if you are doing that you according to certain rules, you can't get in public and say and do certain things.
Speaker 3: Because he hasn't been puff well.
Speaker 1: He was asked.
Speaker 14: He was asked if he was advising Diddy in the case, and all he would say is that he frequently, that he talks to Diddy with great frequency.
Speaker 6: That's all he was a question. I don't know if he's part of the case. What's wrong calling him a six tack of white woman.
Speaker 14: That's because he's inferring that because these are all white women on the jury that rape that based on race, white women are going to convict a black man because of the race component. That's what he's implying by he pointing to the fact that it's all white women who are going to prosecute Puff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if he doesn't have a retainer and he's not on quote unquote Diddy's official team, he should be able to say what he wants to say.
Speaker 5: Why can't he just say that, like, why do people got to be cute? Why can't they just say because of this this?
Speaker 14: I mean, even if he does get to it, and I'm sure that he's probably gotten to it on the podcast, I haven't listened to the podcast. That's an issue according to the prosecutors because he's a very prominent attorney. Your daughter is the lead attorney for PUFF. Even in my opinion, even if you're not going on it's a issue because Ober, but you can't. I can't if I'm doing that on their team, I can't swear jury's opinion. And obviously the jury are seeing things because they kicking on the stand in the minting that they're seeing it.
Speaker 5: But jury got eyes. The jury can look and see, God damn, it's a sick pack of white women over there.
Speaker 3: That's not right because the prosecutor could release all the things that they release, but he's not on the team, and he's doing a podcast talking about it. And now it's a problem because there's a.
Speaker 14: Gag order in place. But well, now I just want to wrap this up because we got to get out of here. The judge disagreed with Gargos, who said that the Supreme Court has said that defendants and their lawyers have a constitutional right to publicly defend themselves, so the attorney shouldn't be gag ordered in anything connected to this ditty case. To judge that, Nope, I don't agree with that. And he also threatened to hold gargos and contempt of court if this happens again. So he says he's gonna be listening to the podcast and nothing better slip.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, hey, that was the latest with Laurence Charlamagne. Don't who giving that down?
Speaker 5: Four after the hour.
Speaker 6: There is a woman named trek Along Price that needs to come to the front of the congregation and we really have to do something.
Speaker 5: About these false accusations.
Speaker 3: But we'll discuss, all right, and then after that, Jess fix my mess. If you haven't relationship issues, all problems, you can call Jess right now. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five to one. It's the Breakfast the way, I.
Speaker 4: Have an update for Jess with the mess. Nobody ever did an update. Now I usually get updates on Carefully Reckless my podcast, but somebody had hit me up to give them an update on somebody that called up here and lied on they baby.
Speaker 5: For off it.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, all right, we'll get to that next to It's the Breakfast Sunking Morning.
Speaker 12: Who wanted to know how you came up with the don't be a.
Speaker 4: Day because you're.
Speaker 5: A bunch of donkeys street.
Speaker 6: That is why, Charlemagne, we live a life where weight are tongue based off who we may have think.
Speaker 5: We never would say on the breakfast club. In the words of charlemagnea god he a donkey t man. Charlamagne, you give a donkey of the day to who?
Speaker 6: Now, yes, donkey to day for Thursday, May eighth goes the twenty five year old trek Alan Price. Trek Alan Price has been arrested for falsely reporting a bomb threat at George Bush International Airport in Houston.
Speaker 5: Now, flying is already scary enough nowadays.
Speaker 6: Okay, you go to the airport and you just pray to God that you can board your flight on time, that the plane takes off on time, no delays, and you make it where you're going in one piece, even though it is still very safe to fly.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: The incidents we've seen this year though, of planes crashing and wings catching off fire, planes landing upside down, all.
Speaker 5: That got people shook. And I understand.
Speaker 6: So the last thing anybody needs in an airport is a person falsely reporting a bomb threat. Okay, we already got enough real issues at the airport that are disrupting things.
Speaker 5: We don't need people making up stuff.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I could give this woman donkey of the Day for this alone, but no, the reason I'm giving her donkey it day is much worse now.
Speaker 5: We don't have a news report, right, Okay, let me tell you what happened. God damn it. This woman, Okay, trek A.
Speaker 6: Lawn Price called in an airport bomb threat to get back at her ex boyfriend and also got him fired from his job.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: In the charging documents, he says twenty five year old truck alawn Price is being charged with falsely reporting a bomb threat at George Bush International Airport in Houston.
Speaker 5: According to the document, the woman.
Speaker 6: Called airport on January fourth to report that her thirty eight year old ex boyfriend, who was flying into Houston and was planning to fly to see the Rappids Airport in Iowa later.
Speaker 5: That day, was going to bomb both locations.
Speaker 6: Okay, lock her up, all right, put her under the jail, and let Kanye swallow the key.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: You told police this man had a gun on him and a bomb and planning to shoot up and bomb the airport.
Speaker 5: I have no sympathy for women like this at all. Okay.
Speaker 6: I've seen too many men get their lives ruined, get killed because the females like this, all because you was trying to get back at him. Let me tell you something else, man, this man said this woman truckle on Price cost him a job. The ex told police that Price allegedly called into his former job posing as a probation officer okay, telling his employer that he had failed a urine test for drugs, and instructed his employer to fire him. Then she later called back and admitted she wasn't a probation officer, and the employer I identified as a witness in the document confirmed that the determining factor in the termination of the ex was the communications by defendant and the constant issues she was repeatedly causing. Oh my god, they say, hell have no fury like a woman scorns. I don't know what this man did to you, but I don't care. Trekkolon is dangerous. She don't need to be on the street. She needs to be far far away from society and civilized people, because a person who is willing to lie on another person like this simply because they're.
Speaker 5: Mad is a danger to us. All this is how you get people killed.
Speaker 6: Okay, you are keeping up the tradition of people like Carolyn Bryant Dunham who falsely accused them, Attila whist whistling at her at a grocery store, Ruby Bates in Victoria Price, two white women who falsely accused nine black boys of rape, Tajana Brawley, who falsely accused four white men of raping and kidnapping her.
Speaker 5: I have zero what I mean zero.
Speaker 6: I'm talking Russell Westbrook, Gilberterena, Damian Lillid number zero, have zero remorse for women who falsely accused men of anything. And I am extremely happy this woman is being charged with faking a bomb threat. But why isn't there a charge for falsely accusing the man? You cost him a job and you potentially could have got them locked up. Are God forbid killed? You told police he had a bomb and a gun. The fact law enforcement just contacted him and had a conversation and realized that he had no intentions to the bomb the airport kudos did him round of applause, man for them doing their job the right way, because they could have ran down on him like his.
Speaker 5: Name was Saddam bin Laden.
Speaker 6: Okay, this isn't right, And it's not gonna stop until these women start facing actual charges for these false accusations.
Speaker 5: And I believe the charge should be based on how big the lie is. She tells.
Speaker 6: If it's a lie like this that could have got someone killed, then that woman should face a charge that is going to cost her her life, meaning a charge that would put her in jail forever if convicted, and depending what state they should get the death pilody. That may sound harsh, but you know what else is actually harsh saying a man has a gun in a bomb when they don't, getting a man shit to prison for something he didn't do. And you know what's really really harsh people being killed because of these false accusations. So please let me me Ma, you have trek al on price the biggest he hall.
Speaker 4: He ha he ha, You stupid mother?
Speaker 5: Are you dumb? Sad man?
Speaker 1: That it sounds like one of Elon Musk.
Speaker 6: It sounds like one of Elon Musk. Sounds like a mobile phone carrier service that didn't really take.
Speaker 1: Off, you know, like a prison, Yeah, like a truckle on Yeah, like a prison.
Speaker 6: Or video game console that didn't really want it, didn't really work, came out right around the time. Nintendo, Nintendo, I don't know. They ain't got no picture.
Speaker 5: Oh you wanted to play a game?
Speaker 1: Yes, the last track a price? That price was wrong, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, well thank you for that, doggin. I typed in trick a long price and it said shop all Trek bikes. A bunch of box came up.
Speaker 1: That can't be your real name.
Speaker 6: And I know this ain't her. I know, but let me see no matter of fact, this is not her. I clicked images in an obituary came up.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, all right there you all right? Well up next, just fixed my mess eight hundred and five five one five. Just got an update on somebody that calls a couple of weeks ago. I had this the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's a real pealt me. I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it.
Speaker 4: Fixed it, fixed it, fixed it. Just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 5: Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's j Envy, just Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time for just fix my mess. Now gotta update. Just yes, I have an update.
Speaker 4: So look like a few weeks ago, there was this woman who called up and she was trying to tell me that her baby daddy told her that he knows me. I'm a friend of his and all of that. He's from Baltimore, but he now lives in Atlanta. That woman called up and told me that actually we actually do have the call.
Speaker 1: We got the call. You can just look less here.
Speaker 10: He all from Baltimore. I live in Atlanta now. This person, Bus McKenzie. He was part of the one of the camera crews that shot the video for the last movie, well, one of the movies you did in Atlanta. He talked like you know you, but he'd be lying a.
Speaker 11: Lot, So, yeah, I don't know me.
Speaker 1: But we got a baby bombing. He denied a baby.
Speaker 4: What was going on?
Speaker 11: No, we got a baby with each other.
Speaker 10: We was biggether for like a year or whatever. But when I found out I was pregnant, he got really looked at and basically like I rad to die to be a bed And I was like, okay, but you knew this and already had one abortion plase, so we was together. It wasn't really window, okay.
Speaker 4: So Schmid, she had told us that he bust a window and he uh, he made her get an abortion the first time that she got pregnant.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 4: This man hit me up right text my phone and was like, yo, like what, I'm trying to clear my name.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: Like, what's up with you? So I'm like, who you like? So that he sent me a video.
Speaker 4: My problem is when I meet people, I never saved their contact in my phone.
Speaker 1: I meet too many people. So he was like, yo, I was on the set.
Speaker 4: Then he sent me the video of itself, and then he had his daughters and stuff, and I was like, oh crap, oh yeah, I do remember. He said, Yo, my baby mother caught up a lot about everything. You'll come to find out. He sent me, uh doc court documents, restraining orders and voices, receipts everything. She also has a daughter from a previous dude. Right, he was taking care of her daughter before they even had a baby. She had an abortion, come to find out, had an abortion. Didn't even tell this man until after she had an abortion.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: She didn't even she didn't She went to go have it and didn't.
Speaker 1: Even tell him about it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then he sent me voice notes of her saying some of the stuff that she told me that he said, like she was like, I just now she gay. She she said that he bust the window. He busted the window because they was they were arguing and he was trying to He was just throwing all of her stuff out the car and she shut the window. He was throwing her perfume out the car. Right, I got I got a video and everything, and it busts the window. He also fixed her window within the the like a short amount of hours, like the like that day it was fixed.
Speaker 1: And then she was like begging him, like to be with her.
Speaker 4: Things started taking a turn for the worst when they broke when he broke up with her or whatever, and he was like, nah, she know he in the industry and all of that stuff he do. He has worked with you know, celebrities and he's still on SATDIY a videographer, cinematographer or whatever.
Speaker 1: And she just she crazy.
Speaker 4: He sent me voice notesent all of that, like Shorty is wild. She got mad because he wouldn't help her fix her car. If I got your daughters, if I never want one, is one is his. But he said, yo, if I got your she said, if I got your kid and you not, shouldn't you be like willing to fix my car and he's like, nah, we're not together, Like I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: So then she started like she done left town with the kids.
Speaker 3: He like all types of stuff.
Speaker 4: It's still an ongoing battle right now. And the reason why he hit me up is because so he just got hired about this new agency right shoot movie shoot shows and film and stuff. And they was like, yeah, so we saw something about you on The Breakfast Club and yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, listening to the show the whole time, so they want to call.
Speaker 4: They was calling him in to talk about her, to clear up things, and he had to show them all the stuff that he's shown me.
Speaker 3: So you're helping lives and destroying lives the same I've been in destroying.
Speaker 1: Did not know.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't notice, Like I'm trying to be associated with no dead beat dad and all.
Speaker 1: That yo the whole time.
Speaker 6: So more just fix my mess when we come back as the Breakfast Club, that's about me.
Speaker 4: For relationship problems, AT's about me. If you need to beat your coworker's ass, that's about me. For your coworker needs to be your ass, call it up, just and I'm here to fix your mask, fix your mesk. It's giving very much mess.
Speaker 5: He let me fix that morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's dj NV just Hilarie Charlamagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. But in the middle of just fix my messal up, who's this?
Speaker 11: How's money?
Speaker 5: What's something more?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 2: So I called them just a while.
Speaker 19: Ago when you were on maternity lead and it was as cne and I was stating this guy but it had been like nine months, but he wasn't committing, like he wasn't trying to make nothing officials.
Speaker 2: So that then when I called, they were like, oh something, was like give it time. You know, you're still getting in there with somebody. I was like, you know, I'm thirty nine, Like I'm trying to like, you know, we'll find somebody who wants to be in a relationship, even get married.
Speaker 11: But I just thought it was a red flag.
Speaker 2: So fast forward to now come and find out he messed around with his ex and got her pregnant.
Speaker 11: So she was pregnant probably six months out.
Speaker 2: Of the year yes that we were that we were dating. Yeah, And so now I'm just like he swears, he's like, oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be with her.
Speaker 2: I still want to try to move forward with you, but I'm gonna be honest, like that is a big thing to try.
Speaker 1: To get over, like, especially when you lied about.
Speaker 2: It and you could have just told the truth, like, well, I don't know. I'm just in a weird spot because he really wants to, like try to move forward, but I just don't trust you.
Speaker 4: You don't trust him, but you you don't not want to move forward with him either, Yes.
Speaker 2: Like in a weird spot, you know, like I don't know, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Really well, Listen, you said that he would not commit in the beginning. That's probably why he wouldn't commit in the beginning, because he was still running around, not even only with his ax, he probably was doing him with a few other women.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: He just wasn't ready to be monogamous yet. And I feel like he understood that and that's why he didn't. He could have gotten a relationship with you, and then he technically would have been cheating on you all that time, you know, but he still wanted to talk to you and explore wherever things went. This is a little hard. I ain't gonna hold you. It is I would I would run for the hills. To be honest with you, I mean, I don't see it wouldn't be anything wrong.
Speaker 1: With it if there was not a child involved. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He was still saying technically, and he told you he wasn't committed, so right, honesty, you take it and you act accordingly.
Speaker 1: Right, But yeah, that's a baby.
Speaker 4: That's a child. Whether he wants to be with her or not, he has to deal with her for the rest of the child, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And my my thing for him was too like and that like it could be no secret like you, she would have to like you would have to introduce me like, yeah, this is my gird, Like it would have to be like clear intent, like sick like in order for me to be like yeah maybe, but like you know, it's just hard.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just resent him.
Speaker 11: A lot at this point.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if well, you're never gonna be able to trust him. That that ex and the fact that the baby mom is an ex. That's somebody with history, that's also somebody who knows him more than you know him.
Speaker 1: That's gonna always be saying. That's held over your.
Speaker 4: Head, you know from from her. You know it's it's just that that's a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 1: You can go down that road if you want.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be calling me again in a few months, so let that.
Speaker 1: Why let it go.
Speaker 4: I know ain't ain't I know it ain't.
Speaker 1: But to be honest, I know, Jesus, I'm about to be forty in December.
Speaker 3: Like I'm trust it's hard here there.
Speaker 5: Trust me.
Speaker 1: I know very well. I know dann well you would rather.
Speaker 4: Be single at forty than forty in questioning your relationship trying to figure out if somebody love you like.
Speaker 1: You love that's true.
Speaker 11: You know that you're right, You're right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So okay, yes.
Speaker 2: Well I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I love y'all, by the way, I love you back, love you right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Now, we got the latest with Lauren coming up, so don't move. That was just fixed my mess.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 3: They can also check out your podcasts if they didn't get through here, right.
Speaker 4: Yep, carefully, recklest each and every Wednesday, y'all need to wherever you get your podcasts on the Black Effect Podcast Networks. They'll make sure you download that each and every Wednesday.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. Make observations. That's all right. Why are you dressed like you work?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 4: Seriously, are you just slamming up from under a car on a skateboard?
Speaker 5: Well gets waller oil at on mvbit A stupid ass? Die you got on?
Speaker 4: Wait, you said all your oils are on Envy's I.
Speaker 6: Said, the oil from just you look, the black oil is all on Envy's bid. All you to know, all you brothers out there that be dying your hair, it don't look natural. Okay, all you guys that's over forty and your fifties dying your bid. Your hair wasn't even that black when you was in your twenties and your teenage years. Hey, you get stupid.
Speaker 1: It's dark, new commissary, it's dark.
Speaker 5: Brown's not black. It's what he told you, what I told you. It's just just then, Why is it all over your shoulders? That's a blake? Blake? What's with bad? I got on a shawl?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: Won't you be laughing over there? Wiki. Let's get to the latest with somebody that.
Speaker 4: I know atle bit about everything she's been having the latest.
Speaker 5: Of the biggest the latest with Lauren La Rosa. Sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the little on the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Talk to me.
Speaker 5: He did not have to call you wiggy walking.
Speaker 4: He wait, you want crazy over looking like Papa Smurf. Dun't please on your side.
Speaker 7: You're never on my side.
Speaker 4: When it's emmy.
Speaker 14: You have something you want to dress in front of the people. You right, Oh my god, just because you learned how to put on undershirts, did.
Speaker 4: That way and it was fast too.
Speaker 14: You came up with that in twenty five seconds. You just been sitting on that one. All right, y'all everybody good.
Speaker 4: No, you ain't nothing wrong with them, just you just learned how to put one on that. Okay, I'm back.
Speaker 14: So I wanted to I wanted to bring something back at the top of this hour. So Tyrie Nichols, well, we talked about it earlier. We spoke about it, and I was under the assumption, that assumption that you guys had already knew and I shouldn't have done this, that you guys had already known that the gentlemen in the case were already sentenced in federal court.
Speaker 4: There were sentence in October of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm turned on sentence. Let me get that word right. They were convicted. We are waiting for the sentencing.
Speaker 5: That's why you were saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I was.
Speaker 14: Pointing to, yes, when I was pointing to what will happen when the sentence in sentencing comes, and how Attorney Crump was saying, he believes what's going to happen is because they have been convicted. But it was a year ago, and people, you know, federal court, in federal court, and then the acquittals that we just learned of this week happened in the state court.
Speaker 5: Makes all the sense in the world.
Speaker 3: Now, Now that makes sense. You see how she played that. She was like, I thought you guys would have known what already got about the whole case.
Speaker 14: I mean no, a lot of people did, a lot of people did a lot of people didn't even know that it was happening in two different courts. So so moving forward, Yes, we're waiting for the sentencing in the federal court. And then also to there's still that civil case in the Tyree Nicol situation. So I wanted to clarify that gotcha. Okay, Now moving on, Remember we talked about I want dimension this quickly to Smokey Robinson in here and the sexuals start charges that were filed against him. Yes, well, his attorney has come out and released the statement and charlamage to your point. They are pointing to exactly what you brought up. This just being a shakedown for money, and there's basically saying that the claims are false. So Smokey Robinson's attorney, his name is Christopher Frost, says, as this case progresses, the evidence, the crucial element that will guide us will show that this is simply an ugly method of trying to extract money from an eighty five year old America Icon fifty million dollars to be exact. He then called out the plaintiff's attorneys and he said, through this process we have seen the bizarre theatrics, and he pointed to yesterday. So yesterday there was a press conference that went down where the plaintiff attorney outlined all of the allegations that Smokey Robinson's attorney are calling vile and false. And he basically is saying, he held this press conference, you know, sensationalized all of these allegations and the reason why they're doing this is because you want to like get the public involved and you want to create a media circus.
Speaker 4: And we've seen this before, so we're not going for it.
Speaker 14: So I did want to just put that out there because at the time when we've reported it, there was no statement from Smokey Robinson's team, So I did want to put that out there that they are denying this and they're asking anyone to that is following this case. The reserve judgment as the evidence comes to light and the actual facts unfold.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing, like you know, you listen to all women, but believe all proof. And we went from the me Too movement to the pay me to movement.
Speaker 5: And I said it yesterday and will continue to say it.
Speaker 6: Lawyers that take these cases should be bought up on some type of rico because this is an organized crime at this point, because the way they.
Speaker 5: Do it is a shakedown. Like they just said, like that guy just said, they'll reach out to.
Speaker 6: You behind the scenes, tell you that this Jane Doe whoever has these accusations.
Speaker 5: And they don't have the response that they want.
Speaker 6: That's right, and the response is Hey, a settlement, correct, And if you don't say that, they'll tell you we're going to go to the media with it. Whole press conferences, give it to all the news outlets, just this millionaire.
Speaker 3: But the sad thing about it is, like you said, when that happens, you have all of your sponsorships, your endorsements and everything that pulls back from you. So it makesure you just want to be like, just want to get it over. But it's a shakeout.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 6: I do think a lot of corporations have stopped that though, because they realize, you know, it's just like it's a circular firing squad.
Speaker 5: Everybody gets to turn.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've stopped pulling, pulling away from all this when it happens, not completely.
Speaker 4: I think they just not aren't as loud about it with certain things.
Speaker 5: But are they not so gun hole they don't do it so quick.
Speaker 4: I think maybe the.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they do take their time to do a better investigation too. I will say, though, that Smokey Robinson's attorney is saying that Smokey Robinson himself is going to respond to this in his own words.
Speaker 5: Please don't do no music though, smoking don't get a song about.
Speaker 14: This, that they will file a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, and they're also going to address in that motion the numerous aspects of the allegations that don't have any credibility, and the issues related to timeline and consistencies and relationships between the plaintiff and others. Yeah, and that he will potentially be filing something in response to this in addition to that motion as well too.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna right back as they should.
Speaker 5: Remember what smoke he did that rap song called gang Bang. Yeah no, but let me tell y'all wasting your time.
Speaker 1: The gang Bang is all in the Mexicans.
Speaker 5: Smoking that smoke. Doing that, you know that.
Speaker 1: You don't know that it was serious smoking.
Speaker 14: Robinson came into TMZ when I was there to do our Christmas special and I was like seated like in the little bowl part in the front, and he was like singing during the special and I don't maybe it's not the right time to sit. Yeah what. I couldn't even talk. It was fine, It's just hit the aura, like I under.
Speaker 4: I was like, I get now.
Speaker 14: While they say the artists then are so different than our artists now, I literally couldn't even talk like they made fun of me at work for probably like a month because they're like.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 4: It was the eyes, like he just looked and.
Speaker 14: I was like, oh, he looked at you, and I'm never without words, and I couldn't find out for good two days.
Speaker 5: You got to holler him.
Speaker 1: You was quiet for two days.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Teams was like, fake, God.
Speaker 5: We don't got to worry about Lauren following no charges.
Speaker 3: She yo, I know that's right now.
Speaker 5: It's the latest with Laura.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got the People's choice mixes, The Breakfast Club, Good Morning, everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Now. Shout out to Kerry Washington, who stopped through the show last week promoting her new film Shadow Force, which opens exclusively in theaters till tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Did you guys see it? And I haven't seen. They did send us an advanced copy, but I haven't watched it.
Speaker 6: But you know, it is a good thing to take your mom because Scandal was like the new soap opera for a lot of people. So all you gotta do is tell your mom, Mom, were going to see the new Carrie Washington movie and just lie to her and tell her that Shaan dur Rahm did it.
Speaker 3: But let's go talking about damn well, let's go. Let's play a clip of our interview with Kerry Washington in Shadow.
Speaker 21: For us, it's really about what it takes to protect the people you love from the systems that want to cause you harm, which I think is very relevant right now. But this couple, they used to be part of this spy unit. You know, they were trained killers together, they broke the rules, they fell in love. I got pregnant, so now we have to go on the run to protect our kid from the very unit that we used to be a part of, the Shadow Force unit. So for me, the film is about, like, when there are systems that don't want you to have freedom and love and joy, what do you do to fight those systems?
Speaker 3: Now, if you're looking to do something for Mother's Day weekend, you can take mom to the movies to see Shadow for starring Kerry Washington. Omar's Side was supporting cast, Mark Strong, method Man, just to name a few, and you can check it out in theaters tomorrow. I want to slude to the seven five to seven Hinton Roads area.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 3: I mean the way that you guys are supporting the tickets out there for that car show.
Speaker 5: Is just amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We're going to announce the New York date in a couple of weeks, but that's seven five to seven the BBS Boys and dj NV. So it's old school and new school. So we'll have calls from the era of when we used to go to Fi Beach instead of Miami for Fourth of July, for Labor Day, for Memorial Day. There's gonna be amusement rides and games for the kids, kids five and under a free There's gonna be food trucks and if you want to put your car in the show, if you're from the Hampton Roads area, Richmond, DMV, or North Carolina anywhere it'surrounding cities. If you want to put your car in the show, you can email me Djmvcar Show at gmail dot com, send me pictures of your cars. And I can't wait to see you guys on July nineteen, for you got like.
Speaker 5: Eight weeks left.
Speaker 3: Right now, you're gonna be Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: What you doing Detroit?
Speaker 1: I will be at one Mic Comedy Club.
Speaker 4: Now, remember that eleven am brunch that I said I was having at the club that is now canceled. You can call up the One Mic Comedy Club to figure out why. But we do have two shows at the end of the night still. We got the seven pm and the nine thirty PM, both of which are more than likely sold out as of now because it was only about seventy tickets for the last show yesterday. I will be doing meet and greet after the nine thirty show, so get your tickets at Jessellarius Official dot com. And I do have something for my who come to the show for the seven o'clock so I won't be doing meet and greet for the seven o'clock show, so I can't wait to get there at Detroit, see, y'all would have been dope.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving for Detroit tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the brunch would have been dope because they got to upstairs and downstairs, and the upstairs is real sexy, and it would have been like a dope brunch eleven am brunch for mothers.
Speaker 5: That would have been dope. No, you talked to just afterwards, it could.
Speaker 1: Have been very dope.
Speaker 3: Maybe not Chela man, you got a positive note.
Speaker 5: I do have a positive note and it's simple.
Speaker 6: Man be kind, but don't let compassion become your cage. You know, you gotta let people know that their wounds are not your weight. Practicing that is a former self care. Have a great day, breakfast club you don't
Speaker 5: Finish for y'all done,