Speaker 1: Okay, before we get started, I do have to say one week from today, the countdown begins for the top second dates of the year. Yes, yes, we're going to count down the top ten of this year starting next Friday.
Speaker 2: But how we narrow that down?
Speaker 3: Amazing lists?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you guys do it for us.
Speaker 3: There's a number, don't worry. Yeah, there's a number.
Speaker 1: There's some analytics behind it. Nice, that's always the fun part. Yeah, analytics.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But today we got a brand new second date update, and I'll just say that there was a lot.
Speaker 3: Of talking about x's on this couple's first date. Yeah, there is, and the guy was very into it. So yeah he was. Let's just strange. You don't hear that often.
Speaker 1: No, you'll hear why coming up in just a second. But comments, we love to highlight what do you see Alexis?
Speaker 3: This comment said, Hey, I'm the first comment, love your show.
Speaker 1: I usually don't comment, but mainly I want to hear you to try to pronounce my name.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll give everyone a try.
Speaker 3: I'm going Mayan, but I feel like that's too obvious. May and okay a a y a, n oh, it could be may. I can't pronounce the emoji after his chocolate bar. Good job that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, Your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 2: Second Date update.
Speaker 5: A lot of people say, if you want to date successfully, yeah, you gotta be willing to play the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, but others will say I'm not here.
Speaker 3: To play games, but then play games anyway.
Speaker 5: And those people are single and okay. But our listener David thinks that he's been playing the game too much, too hard, for.
Speaker 3: Too long, a longtime player.
Speaker 5: Especially with one lady in particular, and now he fears he might be at the back of the line because this girl is good looking, that's according to his email, has many other suitors, so he's worried he may have screwed it.
Speaker 2: Up for himself. David, buddy, welcome to the show. What's going on? Man?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's not good.
Speaker 2: Guys don't know that, David.
Speaker 1: Usually Jeffrey sets you up and things sound way more dire than they actually are.
Speaker 2: But today you're well, let's get the story.
Speaker 5: Tell us this girl's name and why you feel like maybe you mess things up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her name is Ava and we met on an app.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Took her to like this outdoor mall place like a tropical drink kind of spot and Polynesian team.
Speaker 5: I think cool it was a rainforest cafe because that's not really Polynesian.
Speaker 2: Thing's more Brazilian better than that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, that's cool, tropical cocktails.
Speaker 3: It a fun, fun vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. She actually really liked it. That's a thing that she really appreciated that I planned this and I looked into it beforehand, because apparently her ex never did that.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what she said?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, so I said, since you brought it up, is that why you left him? Because he wasn't really a planner?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, we're just going to dive into the conversation about the exit.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you okay with talking about this at this point or like, how are you feeling about where the conversation is going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, Like, looking back at it, I probably shouldn't have brought it up, but it was just kind of flowing in the conversation with a natural conversation, So I just kind of went with it, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just working with what she's given you. I guess A real question, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you asked, is that why you left him because he didn't plan? What'd she say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she's like, no, no, that's not it. But I'll tell you the story. And it turns out she discovered he was cheating on her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does do a good story. I was gonna say, yeah, you want to hear about.
Speaker 1: That, And cheating does take a lot of planning, so maybe it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Planning. Energy was going.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's kind of weird because when she discovered that he was cheating on her, he came home that night. She actually made him his favorite meal, had a whole candlelight dinner form, and then gave him the quote unquote best sex of his life.
Speaker 3: Whoa, that's what she told me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, this came up during your conversation punishment for I've never cheated.
Speaker 2: I kind of watched, What the hell?
Speaker 3: Why tell you? And why does she do that? I know I have had this happen to a friend too. I reacted that way.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I need to touch using code because she did quote unquote friends friends do.
Speaker 3: This is some weird revenge.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, I mean there's more to it. I mean apparently after it was over, she asked him So how was that? And he said that was the best I've ever had and she responds, good, because it's the last time you'll ever get it. I know you've been cheating on me and I'm leaving you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the revenge, but still its such a good way to get broken up with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is not hitting the way you want it to.
Speaker 5: Alexis, Did your quote unquote friend do that too?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't quite that way for them.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing they stayed together on and off for the next four or five months.
Speaker 3: They might be married.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, where do you go in the date from that point?
Speaker 3: Do you like the appetizers?
Speaker 2: So what happened next?
Speaker 4: David, Well, I mean that was kind of the end of the date. I mean we did kiss at the end, but.
Speaker 3: Kiss after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the best kiss of your life. Because it's a bad thing.
Speaker 4: That story has been kind of stuck in my head because now I'm purposely trying to make her mad at me, so she want to get back at me.
Speaker 3: Ah wait, wait, what are you doing to make her mad at you?
Speaker 4: Like we'll go to dinner and I'll feel prize off her plates. Is kind of annoyingly.
Speaker 1: Oh you you guys are kind of dating right now, Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 4: We've had two dates. We've had two.
Speaker 2: Dates, Okay.
Speaker 4: On the second date, I kind of just started to be kind of a jerk to her. They kind of see what I can get for being misbehaving.
Speaker 5: Right because you want her to be upset with you so that she'll cook you a nice meal and give you the best night.
Speaker 3: She forget the very end where she leaves them. I mean, you're holding on to the wrong part of the story for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm just doing the little, bare minimum things to annoy her. I'm not cheating on her or anything, you know. I just I just want to get to the point where she'll want to do those things to me, but she won't dump me.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, can give you a lesser ill and you're like one way the first date and then completely different the next day.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's like, I don't know who he really is?
Speaker 3: You y you yet?
Speaker 5: Well you must be coming to us now because clearly communication is broken down or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm definitely in my head about it because she hasn't spoken to me in a bit.
Speaker 3: I was a jerk to her, and now she's not talking to me.
Speaker 2: Weird out.
Speaker 3: He did say it was bad at the beginning of this, Yeah, it is that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So now I understand why you're probably feeling a little bit remorseful.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just sucks, guys, because, like you mentioned before, she's in a very attractive woman and you know a lot of guys have been asking her out. But you told me I was, you know, the first guy she's gone out with since the Great Cup happened.
Speaker 2: She could have been rebound.
Speaker 3: Why would you not add that detail that is so important?
Speaker 2: You just said it. He just gave us the details.
Speaker 1: Nobody at the beginning, you told your story poorly, So we're going to hold.
Speaker 2: It again your mind.
Speaker 3: There's so many more things wrong now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, clearly you may have dug your own grave here, but we're going to try and turn this around for you, get you the revenge that you've been seeking.
Speaker 3: Is that way you're looking for or do you think that you actually want to date this girl?
Speaker 4: I mean, can I ask for both? I kind of want to be in a relationship and hook up.
Speaker 5: With not a lot of relationships go that way, but we'll try to work our master, Jeff, don't be too rude to her.
Speaker 2: Take a liking to you here.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a really weird ending when we come back, and we're going to call a before you try to get you your second date update revenge style hold.
Speaker 2: On second date update.
Speaker 5: Never in the history of this show have I heard a tragic breakup story and said.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I wish that would have been me.
Speaker 5: My god, but it happened today because our listener David was on a date with a woman named Ava. They were talking about x'es and she said, quote, once I found out he was cheating on me, I made him his favorite dinner and gave him the best safe you'll ever have in his life, and then she left him.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously the men from the in the room learn their lessons too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Begging to cheat.
Speaker 5: For some reason, that got into David's head, so he's been purposely trying to annoy Ava so that he can be the beneficiary of her revenge tactics.
Speaker 3: That didn't really work though, No, it's.
Speaker 5: Been kind of backfiring, and that remember was an exit ye a while, totally different situation that's what's brought him here.
Speaker 2: Oh, David, is your head at a lot of.
Speaker 5: People texting and O David, Yeah, you guys, I screwed up.
Speaker 1: I have a question though, like, are you wanting to own up to your behavior of being a jerk on the dates or or you wanting her not to know that was on purpose?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I'm willing to if it just kind of comes up organically, but I don't want to put my business out there right away.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, Like if she says, well, I'm not calling him back because he's a jerk, then we can say, well, yeah, yeah, he had the wrong idea of what you liked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're about to call her here.
Speaker 5: But my advice for you, David is if we do get her on the phone and you do get a chance to talk.
Speaker 2: To her, try and be playful with her because it's kind of a.
Speaker 5: Funny thing that's happened this whole way that this was played out.
Speaker 3: Just Jeffrey advice all of a sudden a way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't usually give advice to our listeners here, but yeah, you know, it's kind of a typical guy thing to think the way that you thought. So hopefully if you lay it out playfully, she'll see the humor in it. I can play Thank Goodness for chat GPT because that was not my wondering, all right, but I felt like you needed it anyway. I'm gonna dial her number and let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, is this Eva?
Speaker 6: Yes, this is who's sticking.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is jeff I'm on a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole shows here in the morning.
Speaker 1: Ah. Hi, guys, get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got it from a guy who listens to our show. We've been very eager to talk to you about this guy because we know you two went out on a date recently.
Speaker 3: Two dates in fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, double yeah, who is it?
Speaker 2: It's a guy named David and so.
Speaker 3: God, oh what do you mean? Oh God, you're not calling him back on purpose?
Speaker 6: Obviously, no response is a response guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, that's interesting. Why why would you have such hesitation to see him again?
Speaker 6: I can't believe you guys are calling.
Speaker 2: Me about this.
Speaker 5: Well, he asked us to call you because he's a little bit uncertain about what's happening between you two right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm like new to the dating scene, and I'm like dating around and I want to keep my options open. So why do I have to be locked in on one person that I wasn't that big of a fan.
Speaker 4: Of him a lot?
Speaker 2: So you were scared you were going to like him too much? You don't want to date anyone.
Speaker 3: She just said that she's not a big fan of.
Speaker 2: And it's totally fair for you to feel that way. Ava. We don't judge you on that at all.
Speaker 5: But if I told you that David has been dating for a little bit longer than you and he feels.
Speaker 2: Like he messed up, Oh you're okay, you could.
Speaker 5: Probably agree with me that everybody deserves a second chance.
Speaker 3: What what she says? What everybody? A bold state?
Speaker 1: Jefs really on a advice kick today.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's exactly going on. We don't even know why she's not a fan of him. Aren't you curious about that?
Speaker 5: I one hundred percent agree with you, Brooke. And the perfect person to tell you that is actually David himself.
Speaker 3: The perfect person to tell me you know how she.
Speaker 2: Feels, does Brook? You don't understand how you've been married for too long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That you're listening?
Speaker 2: No, it's not about healthy communication.
Speaker 5: It's about David explaining what's going on because he had I neednation. But he's on the other line right now listening to this.
Speaker 3: Listening to what. I'm not sure because she hasn't said anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we want her to share anymore. But David, David, are you there?
Speaker 4: You head?
Speaker 6: What is happening right now? Like? Why are you doing this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm doing it to get under your skin? Aren't you mad at me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I kind of am, but also like why.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I bet you want to get back at me.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: You should probably have me over for dinner tonight. No, because I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Have anything to do with you. I didn't even like hanging out with you. You were really disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Well you're right, I am that guy, and you need to teach me a lesson now.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: You doesn't pick up any signs.
Speaker 3: I mean, David, are you trying to be funny right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That could be.
Speaker 2: He's just being playful, like what chatch Pt said to do.
Speaker 3: It's icky.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 2: You're doing great.
Speaker 3: Keep going, David, be yourself. Yeah, I fear this is him.
Speaker 2: That the word was the first day. Okay, David, Clearly she feels like something weird is going on.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know that story you told me about your ex chet story. You know, when you're on our first hangout, you said you caught your ex cheating, so, you know, to get back at him, you made him the best dinner ever, and then you you know, you hooked up with it and it was the greatest ever.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, oh my god, are you serious right now? Because wait, you thought that was going to happen to you?
Speaker 4: I mean, it would it make you.
Speaker 6: Mad if I said, yes, off, I dated that guy for a year and I would never do that again.
Speaker 1: You're saying that you regret that revenge move that wasn't really of course, I help the guys out there probably mean you know, it's like you didn't deserve that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were all like, dude, you gave him a treat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy in the room definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah the text. Are you hearing her?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Well now you do?
Speaker 1: Ok, all right and show Yeah, David, you need to follow that up with something like an apology or I'm not really that person.
Speaker 4: Okay, then I probably should tell you, Like, after you told me that story, I was doing things to bug you on purpose, because you know, I thought it would work.
Speaker 6: Are you like the biggest idiot ever?
Speaker 4: And I kind of feel like an idiot? Now?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, So hold on, is that why you kept stealing my fries even though you had a plate of your own?
Speaker 3: What you had your own? I'm gonna take a big handful of his and put him back on my plate.
Speaker 2: David, is there anything that you want to say to Ava here?
Speaker 4: Listen. I'm just I'm just telling you I am a nice guy.
Speaker 6: No you're not. You stole my fries and then you were just rude to me all night.
Speaker 3: I mean, actions kind of speak louder than words. Right now, you'd have to, like, but that wasn't a real hand I mean, you'd have to have Ava give you another chance to prove who you really are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, you mean like if she wanted to, you know, make me dinner one night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not happening.
Speaker 3: Do you learn nothing.
Speaker 4: It's just when you told me that story, it kind of got in my head and it screwed me up. Like it's kind of your fault for describing it. The way you did.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, in my fault that I was telling you a mistake that I made before, and then you were just trying to make me make the same mistake.
Speaker 2: Not happening. It was just a story. And I will be honest with you Ava.
Speaker 5: Before we had you two together, he sounded very regretful.
Speaker 3: So why isn't he sounding regretful right now? I've had the chance. You have the chance right now, David.
Speaker 6: No, he's an idiot.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm saying it.
Speaker 5: He admits that, he admits that he's an idiot, and he feels that way, and that's why I think that you should be willing to give him maybe one more chance, and will even offer to pay for the next day.
Speaker 2: It'll be on us if you say yes.
Speaker 6: Oh nah, I'll pass. Yeah, this entire conversation, it's like I lost brain cells.
Speaker 3: You know how many people say that after coming on our show. Good point, but.
Speaker 5: She didn't lose enough brain cells to say yes to another date. So I'm sorry, David. Right, your strategy didn't work.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, I appreciate it, all right, David, just be yourself next time.
Speaker 4: I will and uh and aba. If you're thinking about this, tonight or tomorrow and it gets you really mad, give me a call.
Speaker 6: Oh, trust me, I won't be thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Is it just a blanket statement that people should never talk about their exes on a first date? Ever, sometimes people are like, Yeah, my ex suck, My X suck.
Speaker 2: When you bought.
Speaker 1: I feel like this gives another reason as to why that's not a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Usually nothing good will come out of it, even if the backstory.
Speaker 2: Is super juicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, it's good for us, but not great for the daters.
Speaker 3: Oh this guy, he couldn't let it go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, man, like he invented this whole scene in his head, and it's like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's like you're inventing this imagining.
Speaker 3: It's not you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's all started with x's what's a good subject to talk about on a first date?
Speaker 2: Brooke?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: All of the second date podcasts that you totally binge wow, look at her ready Spotify?
Speaker 2: Yeah, send them a more horror dating story.
Speaker 3: Or the YouTube videos you watched at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, they're up on Apple, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast, You're Gonna get in here, you can get revenge bang so hard.
Speaker 2: After that, while listening to Maybe a Second Day, what you Need to Do. Let's find them online at Broken Jeffery