Speaker 1: It's nine Ogengine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, flirting with disaster. I feel like this is like a tagline in my entire life, but this episode we're about to embark on it is called flirting with disaster. Here we are nine O two one, OMG. Welcome good, Tory doing good. So guys, Jenny's off ye and sometimes Jenny does like the business, so Tory has to take it over today and you're doing good. Thank you. And you know, like Jen and I are yin and yang when it comes to that, like you know, she's you know, does buy the book, the procedural business stuff our whole relationship for thirty plus years. And I'm very you know, fly by the seat of my pants. You know, I'm the creative and like we it. So yeah, I'm going to do the business sto.
Speaker 1: Which is which is funny because our producer Lorraine was talking to us before we start talking to you guys, and she's like trying to go over something, and I go, We'll just swing it because it's like you and me, we can just wing it, wing it. I like, because I have an idea because Lorink tossed in a side tossed an idea out to us last week when Jenny was here, and I think this episode is perfect for it. Here's my question for you. I like this episode a lot, right, I really do. We can dig into it what I am noticing about this season, especially since I think Jason kind of became more in the producer role and I feel like he really was a producer, not just in the credits.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Agreed, there are three unique storylines. And you know how we used to talk about like an A storyline, of B storyline, a C storyline. Yes, this feels to me like we have an AAA. Three storylines, all major storylines, all equal in like length and importance, and totally disconnected from one another. The three storylines have nothing to do with each other whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yet all three of them are quite literally flirting with disaster.
Speaker 1: They're juicy. All three stories. Well, the camping line is the comic relief. We'll talk about that. The three storylines are all important, good big storylines. They're all equal.
Speaker 2: Yes, where it used.
Speaker 1: To be like there would be the A storyline and the other two were sort of smaller. I think there's been a pivot in the sea this season that you have these three things going on at the same time, but they're not connected. Like, think about it. You do not have any scenes in this episode with anyone other than the camping people.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: Jenny only has scenes as Kelly with Brian and then to the doctor and the you know, Tera Tara. Then Tiffany only has her scenes with Colin Colan and his dad, Like the three things are completely disconnected.
Speaker 2: We used to call that like block shooting. So someone got real smart here and divvied it up where they probably quite literally shot them in sequence, like all these days we shoot the camping all these days. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's totally makes sense and then cost effective. We've got so much to talk about, so so what we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about is season six, episode twenty six, called Flirting with Disaster, aired April third, Jen's Birthday, nineteen ninety six. Synopsis. Kelly Taylor is ready to take things to the next level with medical resident not doctor Greg until Tara. Tara takes matters into her own hands. Colon Colin's dad is back in town, but the Vietnam Vet doesn't exactly get a warm welcome from his estrange son. Meanwhile, the rest of the gang head to the Great Outdoors for spring break, where some cute, hm questionable Canadian girls campers come between the couples.
Speaker 1: Directed by David Semmel and written by John Eisendrath. Okay, my first question for you overall, do you like this episode?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite of the three storylines? I do sort of hooked you in the most, Oh I do.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, well, taking myself out of it, but keeping myself in the camping storyline actually was my least favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I agree because it's just we'll talk about it. It's just sort of very random. It was silly.
Speaker 2: The Colon Valerie storyline, I loved it. I actually writing the acting as well acted. I know no one's gonna want to hear this, but I was like, ooh, I kind of like Valerie and Colon together.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Also, like, okay, two birds of a feather. I mean, there are two just dysfunctional, sort of disregulated messes that should be together. They always should have been together, do you know what I mean? Like, I never thought, I never I don't get Kelly and him. He seems much better suited to her, and she's she's very motherly and caretaking with him, and she was quite good with the dad. Okay, let's get into it. Let's get into Okay, So I'm thinking for today, we're gonna try something new and everyone can tell us if they hate it or if they like it. Let's talk about each storyline individually. And I stole this idea from Lorraine.
Speaker 2: Because the three well our favorite.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the one we started with. Let's talk about Colon and Valor. Okay, so we've heard brief mentions of the dad, so he shows up. You realize there's sort of this very caustic relationship with tons of drama from the past, like he wasn't a good father. Obviously, this is half of why Colin has so many issues. Valerie is sort of trying to blend them together. What are your thoughts on the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I actually felt for Colin for the first time. I've never seen him this raw. Maybe they hadn't written towards it before. You know, he was supposed to be you know, toxic before, and now he's actually vulnerable. And I wasn't mad that I was learning new stuff about someone who wasn't a regular like I actually was drawn in.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting, Like I felt.
Speaker 2: For this guy. Okay, So Mike Jenevie's played Graham Robbins.
Speaker 1: I knew he was familiar.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 1: He's done a ton of stuff, like he's kind of like that actor that does an episode of this, an episode of The Practice, an episode of you know, judging Amy, an episode of this, this, this, He's been in everything.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he had worked with my dad before. My dad always loyal, loved working with actors La Law.
Speaker 1: Before this, he'd done Star Trek, Deep Space nine, he Quantum Leap. He was not blind in real life, okay, which I kind of suspected same same because back then they weren't as you know, good about hiring actors that were what the part is correct, that's kind of changed as time has gone on. But I mean so many things like family matters, like oh, he did seventeen episodes of The Flash, the old series of the nineties. WHOA. But he's so familiar and you knew it right when he came in. So he's obviously like an excellent actor and he was believable.
Speaker 2: Believable, very seasoned, very Yeah.
Speaker 1: What was the scene where where Colin and Valerie are sitting on the counter like having a glass of wine? Are you directed to do that? Or is that a call they made up on the counter.
Speaker 2: It could go either way. David Simmeel directed this episode. He originally kind of was in charge of all of our like the sound and editing on that level, and then came in and started directing, and to this day is like a great established director. But he was kind of someone we were really good friends with. Okay, very cool, and it could have gone either way, but we loved working with David.
Speaker 1: Simmel's interesting is it seemed like a Jason Priestley directed episode.
Speaker 2: I was going to say that to you, yes.
Speaker 1: Because the camping especially, it was so him.
Speaker 2: Very and I feel like David and Jason have similar styles and sensibilities, especially with humor. And I'm sure because Jason's so close with David, they probably work that out. All the guys were like, let's do this, Let's do that. Great, great great. I was wondering, though, so Colin, is he just not a coke addict anymore? Is it okay that he drinks?
Speaker 1: He thought the same exact thing I thought, Suddenly he just doesn't do anymore? But he's drinking like he shouldn't even be what, Like.
Speaker 2: So is he an addict?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But I guess he's just fine now. I mean, it's just crazy. That whole thing is so crazy because I mean, we'll get into it in the Terra Tara storyline too, But anyway, so there's sort of this like drama with the dad and there's almost that sort of like physical altercation. And then what did you think when Valerie says, like, if you don't stop him, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: I liked it because I like how she he listens to her. He didn't listen to Kelly. I want to say he good point, beects Valerie. He didn't respect Kelly. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Also a good point? Yeah, she sort of has the upper hand for multiple reasons. I feel like she has the upper hand minus the money, but she's also the money. True.
Speaker 2: There's just a dichotomy and a chemistry between them that really works for me. I believe it. I feel like it's more of an equal playing field. And maybe it's because we have so much invested in Kelly for so long that we're like no, no, no, don't be with him, And with Valerie, we're like, oh yeah, be with him.
Speaker 1: They seem like a more realistic couple for sure, and she does mother him a bit, but he listens to her. I mean, I even like she's cooking, she's she's making the dinner for the dad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: She the dad obviously is a drinking sort of issue. Also, there's a lot of it's abuse with these females, but she's very care of taking and she really wants them to work it out. Now again, we went from volatile to a rainbow unicorns and rainbows a tad too quickly, you know, and suddenly like Colin has that line where he's like he may be blind, but he taught me to see. And it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it was sappy, but I was. I was so there for the ride the whole time that when it happened, I actually was like, wait, can we go back to what you were saying. When you were saying like they have that altercation that that was That was interesting for me because it's so hard with men and their fathers because I feel like that's not typically a female thing, but men testosterone. You know, you start with these little boys that you're holding and teaching them, you know, swing their first bat and doing a ride a bike, and then all of a sudden they grow into men and they're more of your equal and strength. And seeing a father and son two men like go at it. I was taken aback, but I was like, is this common? Is there a point? Not with everyone? But I often wonder do boys kind of you know, keep your cool, keep it your cool. It's their dad. They look up to them, and then physically they don't have to look up to them anymore. And do they ever get to like clashing and like going at each other.
Speaker 1: Common as they sort of you know, like you don't see Jim Walsh and a Brandon doing that? Okay, now, fair fair, But I think maybe with these it's very stereotypical, like a TV thing, like the caustic relationship and the the drama you know between the two and it goes to blows and then they've worked it out thanks to Valerie. That being said, I enjoyed that whole storyline, Like, I liked it. It's kind of far fetched and ridiculous at parts, but.
Speaker 2: I really yeah, it made me think, like, what's going to happen with these two? Now? Maybe I don't want him to leave. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I right, I get it.
Speaker 2: It was the first time I liked call him, that's all. I can't say I like him, but yeah, like fine engaging.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, you can like him. People do. But it was like, you know, it's an interesting we're moving that storyline along, Okay, Yeah, let's move over to Taratara. Right, she's getting unhinged real fast, a little too fast, like really really fast, a little too fast. I totally agree. She's gone full throttle cray in a blink of an eye. Now, I thought this, and then it was interesting as I was like looking up trivia from this episode. I love that she's ordered to somewhat expensive bouquet of flowers and she has no money. How did she pay for those?
Speaker 2: That was the one thing that stood out to me, aside from why is Colin drinking? Is the addict? You know? Longer? Yeah? Yeah, she'd be on the streets if Kelly and take her in. She has no money too, very expensive arrangements.
Speaker 1: How I'm slightly frustrated because you know, like I say this sometimes in another show we do. It's a little bit of a Three's Company episode to me, when it's like, oh, she's done this, and now now the doctor won't talk to Kelly because of this, and it's just like, oh God, can these people just it's not a plot? I like, right, I find it's so frustrating, and maybe I'm supposed to, but like, if just the doctor and Kelly spoke, then we could resolve all this and realize that Tara Tar is crazy faster whatever. So okay, so we go to the beginning and she's she's real crazy right from the start.
Speaker 2: So you know what I didn't like. I didn't like that last week's episode, we on their storyline went out with Kelly and him kissing on the deck. So for me, when we came boom right back into that, I thought it was maybe the same night and it was a continuation, but it wasn't. It was another no.
Speaker 1: Correct. I think it's I think we're sort of supposed to assume that they are kind of casually seeing each other regularly. It hasn't gotten too hot and heavy yet, and we see her just right from the start getting really psycho like. And forgive us for the use of the lingo, like we well, we're just gonna use the words that come but we don't. We're not trying to like actually judge her mental illness. So you know, she's doing that voice. I can't remember if this is this episode or the one before. Oh yeah, I'm Jelly Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you think she did a good job imitating Kelly?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. So it's getting disturbing right like right away, they're really like amping this up.
Speaker 2: Well, her bangs are disturbing to me.
Speaker 1: But because the hairtag's coming soon, we're gonna get that weird. So you know, she's sort of manipulating the situation. And then she plays the like, oh, David doesn't want to go with me, but Kelly makes him and the whole thing, and like, did you notice how she touches the doctor when she's gonna be his partner in the bowling? And you could see he did good acting of like I'm uncomfortable, but I'm I'm gonna act like I'm not uncomfortable. She really liked him, and then it's just when she pulls him aside and like, oh, Kelly really likes you, but she's gonna, you know, go off the rails, and you're just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Let's go back. Though, I got to say at the peach Pit. I'm still you know, I'm still upset that Kelly. I feel like she brought this girl into her house. She's her caretaker, she chose this. But she's like going out with Greg every night and the medical student not doctor and uh And Tara's like, well, I don't want to be a third wheel. I'm like, duh, who does? And you're a recovering addict and you're just that. And then also when Kelly asked David to be her date, I was like, no, just say like, hey, David's coming, You're not a third wheel. We're all going as friends. Why say that? But if that had further plug Tera Tara, Like.
Speaker 1: I think she just doesn't know that Tara. Tara is getting unhinged. I think she thinks she's just kind of like, you know, a girl from the streets, doesn't have a lot of money, doesn't have friends, doesn't have family, who was an addict. But I don't think Kelly realizes how unwell she is. But that being said, it's like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Is a rehab.
Speaker 1: You're not third It's like the doctor dating the patient. The patient has had another patient home with them.
Speaker 2: It's just all doesn't think they talk to them while they were there about you know, find yourself after this. It's not you know, don't go jump into new relationships romantic. So Kelly has heard this and she's still saying a date. I don't know, it doesn't matter. I mean, Tera Tar is too far. Nothing Kelly could say or do would stop the madness.
Speaker 1: And you're just seeing her like Tara, Tara with the dagger eyes right like staring at them, and then she's so thrilled when he breaks it off with her. I mean just like, it's so creepy. She's so thrilled, and then she does the like evil flower trick. Although, can we talk about Kelly's blue suit for going to the That was crazy? That was nuts.
Speaker 2: It is the season of the suit though, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like, were we all? I was not wearing suits in the nineties like that, when I was twenty whatever whatever. She was very dressed up for the you know, doctor's appointment with the like white pumps.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was like, but I was very into her outfit on the bowling.
Speaker 1: Tea, Yeah that was more casual and cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taratar actually looked cute. Yeah, and they all were getting along. The thing that I found totally unrealistic is that the doctor would have come out. He's not gonna just take the flowers that say I don't want to see you, and then she comes. He's gonna come just as the nice guy that he is. Yes, and also that he's a doctor. Can you imagine she goes and says, like to some other doctor, Hey, this doctor started dating me, and now he won't even speak to me, like he doesn't know. There's no way he's not coming out. He would have come out. It's just so just to.
Speaker 2: Save his own butt. You're right, can't call him a doctor medical.
Speaker 1: I think if you're a resident, you're a doctor. He is a doctor. That's why the whole thing is so inappropriate or whatever, like.
Speaker 2: But why is he taking Tara? Tara's word? Then he knows an addict's mentality, He's been there. This is.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, even in her crazy way, she makes a good point like they probably shouldn't have been dating fair, but it's like exactly, and he sort of does, but like he should say, Bara said, blah blah blah, like whatever. It just drives me crazy that they're all paying so much attention to terror when you're like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Everyone's trusting her, You're right, for no good reason.
Speaker 1: Right, They're all just like listening to her, like she's not an addict and you know she's got issues. So anyway, we're leveling that up quickly, right, Like, I can't remember where we left off of the in the episode with her, it's like she's super happy he won't see her. She's thrilled about it.
Speaker 2: Just clever of the game on Wow.
Speaker 1: First of all, that's what I was going to say too. I just don't see that she would be smart enough for that. But why, I don't know why. I guess why is she so evil? We don't know that in her background yet?
Speaker 2: Right do we find out I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. If we find out why she became so crazy, she becomes more crazy. This is nothing.
Speaker 2: This reminded me of the Bridget Fonda.
Speaker 1: Oh single white female totally.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte? In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte York on a new HBO show called Sex.
Speaker 1: And the City.
Speaker 3: As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City. The show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex.
Speaker 2: We all saw ourselves in them.
Speaker 3: As they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships.
Speaker 2: Now I want to connect with you.
Speaker 3: And share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests.
Speaker 2: What will begin with Sex and the City.
Speaker 3: Will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show. It brings the past and the present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of.
Speaker 2: Course some optimism.
Speaker 3: Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I noticed two in this episode. There's a lot of pop culture references, like they give a Forest Gump shout out, they do the Chris Farley in a vonder by the river, like we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to that.
Speaker 1: Maybe they are sort of ripped from the headlines, but they're ripped from like pop culture because like, single white female, that's what this is.
Speaker 2: Who's the other person? Sorry, Bridget Fonda, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Fonda and the Jennifer Jason Lee.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Jason Lee.
Speaker 1: Wow, she really that really was and it was nineteen ninety two, so like the storyline is totally from that. It's obvious, especially since we're going to get the haircut soon, which is exactly what she does. Yeah, I mean it is single white female, right, like oh boy? So yeah, and I don't know the doctor would have come out. I just stand by that he would have come out and talked to her. He's not going to just be that guy. Those flowers, actually, the flowers were not great.
Speaker 2: They never are a nine or two one O. Sorry. I loved all of our prop people, but I just got to say.
Speaker 1: Right, those are like, you know, grocery store flowers shoved in a weird face, which can.
Speaker 2: Be great nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean right, Whole Foods has like those were not. I wasn't like, oh, those are the most beautiful.
Speaker 2: Like, so here's the things. Okay, So Tara, Tara apparently has money because they were very large, both of them.
Speaker 1: Everyone on the internet questions, how is she paying for these flowers? No taste, no taste, And nobody's just like, okay, yeah, we'll send those flowers, Like where's the cre a card? I don't know that was? That was far fetch for me. Okay, should we now talk about what is my my favorite storyline of the episode, because it's so silly. First of all, I love the fact that you know, when they're fishing off that freeway overpass, they're not at a lake. It's like, where are they camping?
Speaker 2: I don't I'm trying. I don't remember where we shot it, but I got to tell you, watching it again after all these years took me right back to it and I have to find it. There's this iconic photo that everyone does it now. But keep in mind, this was the nineties and I had never heard of this, and we all had our disposable cameras and digital cameras then, and it was the first time Ian was like, hey, guys, let's do this shot. So all of us doing the camping thing where we put the camera in the middle and someone pays their yeah, and we all go over and.
Speaker 1: Down at it and we all are kind of eight is enough? Remember the opening credits of eight is enough where they're all looking down.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, but do you know that's like a thing. Now I have to find this photo. It's so great and it's like a great memory that we all.
Speaker 1: It must have been fun, like I imagine that y'all. First of all, it's fun to like be out of.
Speaker 2: The office location. Yeah, it was so much. We had so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's a ridiculous storyline though. First of all, the fact that they call you their dates. Why would Joe say that they all did it.
Speaker 2: Well Joe, But Joe like brings it up like these aren't your with our dates, it's your girlfriends.
Speaker 1: I know, I to that was bizarre. Second of all, like who cares if you like it was a mountain out of a molehill a little bit like who cares that they like went over and changed his tire and flirting and you girls are so peeved about it, and then it becomes sort of a caper. That's why I.
Speaker 2: Thought, like, oh, very like vacation like Griswold.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like oh, then then the Canadian girls are like, oh, they've got the guys like it's all like oh wait, Kline and Sinker like it was. It's almost like that script was written by someone totally.
Speaker 2: Different and perhaps that portion was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's very goofy, and you know, he's like makes a Forest Gump joke, and then we're sleeping on a ron down by the.
Speaker 2: River, like I feel like Jason add at that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's a line where I am certain it was ad libe. So when they're fishing, there's like a part Jason Priestley says something like we're just a freak guy's vision and you literally see Ian crack up. He's just like he laughs like it's such a genuine laugh. It's like, yeah, his vision. The three of them are so like, first of all, it's weird that it's not Brian, that it's like Joe. Do you know what I mean? You're like, Okay, that's a little weird that now they're throwing in Joe, but he's so cute. But the three of them are so like, I don't know, it's just very goofy comedy, Like I don't even know how to explain.
Speaker 2: He keeps up say, you know, there's there's a shorthand with the boys that he but to that note, Joe keeping up with them. I thought Susan kept up with Claire and Donna, sure, right, And I really enjoyed the comedy banter between Donna Claire.
Speaker 1: It's all fun to watch, like the three of you girls, and like, even though the storyline is so silly and ridiculous, like h beyond, but yet amusing. I guess it's very teenager. He kind of like, oh, I'm gonna be real mad that he's changing the tire over there, and then they're like, oh, we should run back, and like the binoculars and just the whole all of it. But it's totally amusing to watch. I mean, it's definitely three different shows. Like I literally was watching, so you figure the show's forty five minutes each thing, it's like fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so modern day what would those three?
Speaker 1: I mean, one is very nine O two on oe, right, even two felt very nine o two on oe. But the other one is like it's very goofy, sort of like comedy trying to be a.
Speaker 2: Sitcom with a little bit of like campy like Stummer cheesy sitcom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like the Modern Family. Caress went to Tahoe. You know, it's like.
Speaker 2: It's like that, And remember how we were so aligned with the shows kind of lining up with real lifetime periods and seasons now where it's like a half year difference, Like right now it's winter break basically in real life, and.
Speaker 1: It was raining, and I did you notice one thing? First of all, there's also filler in each episode or somebody's gone, like we really need to start each episode with like a music montage. Every episode lately has started like shots of Rodeo drive, shots of Beverly Hills, And this one is like we have a good, solid couple minutes of you guys loading the suitcases of this mini van and you're giving like there's almost like some like a sticky bit between you and Joe where you're like, I can't tell if he's if you're having a tussle or if he's mad because you've got too many suitcases. But there's this like moment where you're kind of like and there's all this like it's a music video. The first minute of the thing is a music video.
Speaker 2: Yeah that loading, Yeah, you know, not into.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I watched it twice because I was like, am I missing anybody?
Speaker 2: I feel like Joe's very handsy with Donna.
Speaker 1: On this episode. I'm not mad about it, Like there's a lot of yeah, I look, I still think he should have been endgame. I don't know why we like. I think it only gets this season endgame, like pre and fine, fine pre game. I couldn't kept him around for a whole other season. Sure, he's amusing. I thought he was so cute. I was bummed when he left. There's a dirty line again. I think that Claire and Steve have a dirty double entendre that really about the tent top a tent or something like this. I forget what it was, but it was something, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I can't get your tent ou Yeah, all the polls they can't find.
Speaker 1: It was amusing. It was definitely the comic relief. But I'm interested next week now that we're kind of analyzing it. If it's the same thing where it's like three storylines none connected, a funny one and two dramatic ones. I don't know, we'll see. I mean, we know Tar is gonna get crazier and crazier.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's does Greg come back and.
Speaker 1: I think she figures out what she did, like I think Kelly figures it out.
Speaker 2: Like Michael Diets and I were very good friends, and he's still come on and he's an amazing produce.
Speaker 1: He's gonna come on. He's totally coming on. So this was his last episode, which is a bummer. They just kind of like get rid of him and we're all like left with this. Like I feel like, you know, it's the big misunderstanding, which I hate. It's like, oh, God, talk to each other and figure out that this girl's unwell, but what are you gonna do? So I don't know. Everyone needs to decide if they like us going through it storyline by storyline or if they like us going scene by scene. Yeah, there was some weird fashion and some good fashion. You will love to tie the white shirt up.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like I was like, you know what, I'm still just not showing quite enough belly here. Oh, let me let me show my what what is that your uh middrift? No, what is the bone? Your peck blab? You're glavical like between your lungs, your ribs that. Yeah, It's like it's like they gave me a shirt and it's like we're on location and I'm like it's quite not quite sure enough, So I'm just gonna ta good.
Speaker 1: I thought the boys actually looked good too.
Speaker 2: They did, and Timberlains are like really like on train at that point.
Speaker 1: Camping thing. This is my favorite part of the camping That the car is parked in a parking lot at the camping.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Like what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Who does that? You? You don't park it, you don't right next to a camping lot, and maybe in Malibu on the beach, but like they're supposed to be camping, pull up the car in this asphalt parking lot and then just like their tent is literally right in front of the van. That's the other thing that's so absurd, Like the van's not like down the road. They're just sleeping in it and you can see all the tents from it. I'm like, I need to know where they phoned it, because it definitely was not anywhere where you would be camping.
Speaker 2: It was like Griffith Park, No lose a drive could have been like seeing me Valley like it was. I felt like we drove like an hour forty five minutes, like somewhere.
Speaker 1: It seemed like they were fishing in a river way off of a bridge. I was like, what, this doesn't feel like a lake, doesn't feel like camping all that gear anyway, what do you rate this?
Speaker 2: Well, just basing all the flannels alone, it's gonna be to high score. I'm gonna go with y.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be a little higher.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it a nine again for my You know, this is how I rate what I really enjoy and I watch most of them on my phone. I never fast forward.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't eitherything else I never do. I never do, but I know you have. But there are moments that I might want to and I don't even have that. Like I was like, I am totally enjoying all of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same. Okay, So next week, you guys do your homework because we have season six, episode twenty seven, Strike the Match, And all I'm gonna say is Donna's big moment in her music video.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I'm in a music video and there's so many outtakes from this music video that exists, and.
Speaker 1: I can, oh my gosh, we need them. Can we post them? We need to let people see them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you have them. And Christina Lisa's mom took still to this day one of my favorite photos ever of me, and it was during this episode and styled for this So.
Speaker 1: I'm getting excited about this one.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll see you then strike it up next week