Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Scott Shannon, and thanks to all of you for being with us. Write down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. Linda, what did I say when we were in the swamp yesterday and what we did last night on hannoned? He was very very important. The timing was very very critical because if Republicans, we've only had four chances in one hundred years where Republicans have had the White House, the House, and the Senate. And this reconciliation bill that I've been talking a lot about, I know it's somewhat how do I say this is it is so swampy in nature that most people don't want to even hear it, and I have to explain it because it's so complicated and it's so significant. Otherwise we're stuck with the Biden Harris economy and we have no chance to fix it because you're never going to get a single Democrat to go along with President Trump's economic priorities, his priorities on security in the border, his priorities on end energy dominance, his priority on on Doze, his prior priorities on the next generation of weaponry, UH and if they don't get this done too, we risk a four trillion dollar tax increase because the Trump tax cuts expire and through reconciliation with its you know arcane, you know archaic, you know rules for the US Senate makes it very complicated because it's a way to bypass the sixty vote uh margin that's needed for cloture to have a vote, and it's it's the one way you can thread a needle and get stuff done. That's how the Inflation Reduction Act got passed and shoved down our throats. That's how that's how Obamacare got shoved down our throat, and and we we now have to use this process now. It makes it complicated because then the sentence involved anyway. So this is a very important time, Linda, What did I say yesterday when everybody was panicking as a result of the stock market. Now, yesterday, for a big part of the day, up until like maybe the last hour hour and a half, the stock market had been on the positive range. Right now it's up about twenty five hundred points today. And I'll explain why in a second. What did I say, what happened? How did I tell you that this is going to end.
Speaker 2: You said that Trump is a very smart businessman and that we should pay attention. You've known him a very long time, and that there was going to be big news today because things were going to start happening and we're going to pivot, and that's exactly what happened. You also said that you had to get all these senators on board because we can't afford to not support the president.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of the reasons. We were in DC yesterday and I spent a lot of time doing a lot of things that I'm not going to talk about on the air. Now. Did I know this because the President told me this? No, he never told me never. I just know him and have known him long enough to know how he works. What am I talking about? If you've been busy all day and you're just getting caught up on the news, which, by the way, if you're busy working all day, that means we're a great American and you're serving your community, you're serving your country in some capacity, and you're providing for your family. And I know, as some of my closest friends, I don't know, my whole life doesn't revolve around your four hours a day. I tried, but my whole life doesn't revolve around it. I'm like, gee, thanks a lot. What kind of friend? Are you? Not a good friend? Anyway? So Trump puts this out today, and this is what I knew eventually would happen. You see what Donald Trump and and remember the state run legacy media mob never wants to ever understand Donald Trump. They are obsessed with hating Donald Trump. You know, if the dog bites the beast things, if you're feeling sad, they're still gonna hate Trump and blame Trump. If he cured cancer, they would still hate Trump. These idiots on that hard hitting ABC Disney show, The View where they have that idiot you know, dressed up in blackface in the past and a guy that puts cucumbers in his or whatever in his pants and has women touching it with both hands and feeling it. Jimmy Kimmel. By the way, Bob Biger, do you approve that? What's that? Linda? Okay? They can get over that. And you know they've got the dumbest idiots, no wonder why this network is just going down the tubes. And you know, does Bob Biger approve that message? You know, these idiot geniuses there's a story out today which I've found very interesting before I get to the View, is that the Ladies of the View had not had a single conservative, not one. I wonder why they're asking me to be on. I mean, I guess maybe they're just desperate. I'm not sure, but anyway, these they didn't have a single let's see, not a I'm looking for my media package here, so oh here it is the media Matters and I'm sorry, media matters, media research they call it. ABC News made a big deal this. If you invited zero right leaning guests in the first three months of twenty twenty five, that's pretty funny. I don't think they can get them. I mean, they did reach out to me after I said to Steve and a Smith they used to invite me on that show. I don't go every inviting me on in years. And then I did a poll and thank goodness, I won fifty one forty nine. When I put up a poll because Linda was pushing me to do the show, I didn't want to do it. That is not true.
Speaker 2: I wasn't pushing you to do the show.
Speaker 1: What I said, well pushing me.
Speaker 2: What I said was it would be interesting to have a conversation with people and see if there was an ability when the cameras are rolling to have a real conversation. Of course, I'm not expecting that to actually happen, but it would be nice because you're very good at debate, you're very calm, and joy and whoopee are losing their marbles no matter. I mean, you could say God bless you when they're going to get mad.
Speaker 1: So it would have been interesting. But Ka got so out of control with Rosy o'donnello mey. The poor Barbara Walters, God rest her soul. Well, I actually liked him, was always very nice to me. You know, she could not do a thing about it. Nothing anyway, Joyless this morning. I'll play it later on the program saying, oh, Trump's tariff plan has been to intentionally destroy the country so his billionaire friends can swoop in and buy everything low and he can become a dictator. This is how nuts they are, Bob Iger, Mickey Mouse, ABC Disney, do you approve this message? Tonny Houston countries are not going to be able to depend on a country that every four years could elect a dictator. These people are nuts and it goes all day long on that network. No nobody watches that network. I am telling you I get the ratings every day. You know that Hannity is on all of television unless there's like a big sporting event like Monday night. You know, we're like one in all of television. Two not just cable or three. The show hand and by the way, thank you to all of you that watch, and you've made that possible. Not me. I mean, who would have thought when Fox News went on the air twenty nine years ago that those would be these networks would deteriorate to these levels. Why because they lie. Then they put idiots like Jimmy kimmelan in blackface mocking Carl Malone or you know in his previous life, you know, putting you know, strange items in his pants and having unknown women and telling them to come up and touch his crotch, you know, for ten seconds with both hands and see if they can tell what's in there. I mean, that's the guy that you know, bob Byger you hire that guy? Did Mickey Mouse hired that guy who hired that guy? And his ratings suck and he's officially on cancelation watch as is the view. You know, Harris Faulkner is beating the view on Fox News. How cool is that? I love it? Anyway, A long drawn out way of saying. They don't care about knowing understanding Donald Trump, and I knowing him. I had no insider information. I'm going to be very very clear about this, I said to Linda will Mark my words, because the country, the list of countries that were on record reaching out wanting trade deals, wanting free and fair deals that recognize that we have been ripped off, taken advantage of, totally screwed over and been abused all these years, and other presidents have allowed it to happen for forty or fifty years. Trump is the only one to take it on that he's going to create an off ramp, which he did twenty six hundred on the down. Now he's going to and he's going now. He has created an environment which every country knows that he meant what he said. Every country knows that he's in a position of strength, and if they don't deal with him, it's gonna happen again. And then because China doubled down on dumb, dumb and stupid, because they need access to our markets just like and This was what the President was betting on every country, the EU. You're you know, all the European Asia, Great Britain, uh India, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and even China. In the end, I predict will come around. They need access to our markets and your money, or else they're screwed. Their manufacturing starts to tank, their economy start to tank, their workers start rebelling, their their their citizens start getting angry. And Trump bet on American strength to get this deal done. And now he's gonna Now he's free to negotiate. It was as predictable if you know and watch this man as the day is long. This was not complicated to figure out. I'd like to tell you I'm a genius. I'm not. The reason I didn't tell this publicly is because I wanted it to play out. I didn't want to get in the way of of what was a a position of strength that the President was taking. Again, no insider knowledge here, just knowing, observing this guy, and he sends out this truth post today based on the lack of respect that China has shown to the world markets. I'm here by raising the tariff charged to China by the United States to one hundred and twenty five percent, effective immediately. At some point, hopefully in the near future, China will realize that the days of ripping off the USA and other countries is no longer sustainable or acceptable. Conversely, and based on the fact that more than seventy five countries have called representatives of our country of the United States, including the Departments of Commerce, Treasury, the USTR, to negotiate a solution to the subjects being discussed relative to trade, trade barriers, tariffs, currency manipulation, non monetary tariffs, and that these countries have not, at my strong suggestion, retaliated in any way, shape, matter of form against the United States. I have authorized a ninety day pause and a substantially lowered reciprocal tariff during this period of ten percent, also effective immediately. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Let the negotiations begin. This is what American strength is all about. Why we have allowed our country to be a sucker nation. Why we have been allowed ourselves to be abused by friend and foe alike. Why they have taken advantage of us and we've allowed it is unconscionable. You know, why are we allowing other countries that desperately depend on us for their national security to turn around and then stab us in the back with these high tariffs. Example EU. You know, all these countries ten percent tariffs on American auto manufacturers. Okay, then you add the value add attacks like Germany and other countries have and okay, so that's thirty percent above sticker price. No wonder. We sell no cars in Germany, but they sell you know, ten cars to our one car. You know, they sell their cars in the US because we only have a two and a half percent tariff on them. Okay, that's got to end. There's got to be either free and fair trade. There's got to be also. If not, you're gonna choose reciprocal tariffs, the choice will be yours. But there are other issues that need to be dealt with as well. You know, when you talk about tariffs of that tax of value add attacks and national sales tax, that is a tariff that makes it that much harder to sell an American car because you're adding twenty percent to the sticker price. We're not doing that to them. And these countries are guilty of currency manipulation, non monetary tariffs. As I said, and that these countries, you know, we're smart enough not to get into a fight or pick a fight with Trump. And I agree with Kevin O'Leary, the hell with China. If China wants this fight, great, he said, clobber than with a four one hundred percent tariff. It's time to squeeze, you know, Chinese heads into the wall. Now he's not wrong. Heritage Foundation released a study over the weekend revealed China's shipbuilders were able to produce over a thousand commercial military vessels last year. American shipbuilders shipbuilders built ten ships. Let me tell you something. You know, all the critics of President Trump and his tariffs, how much longer are you going to take being abused and taken advantage of and being ripped off without being willing to take a little bit of pain? And I know everybody was freaking out. I was very aware of it. I'm very sympathetic towards it because it's people's savings and they don't know the eventual outcome. But I was betting on American strength and I was betting that the President was right, that they want access to our markets. And it's just the beginning of negotiations. It was a brilliant strategy on the part of the President and a huge win his part, and the stock market's nearly up twenty seven one hundred points today, two seven hundred points today. It's you know, everybody freaked out over nothing. And I was saying that at the time. I didn't want to go too deep in the pain. I didn't know for sure what he would do. But knowing his brain, he's in a never ending, perpetual state of negotiation. That's just how he rolls. And he doesn't like America getting ripped off, and neither do I, and neither should anybody. And the biggest beneficiary in all this is going to be American manufacturers, American automakers, American cattle ranchers, American produce and dairy farmers. They're going to everyone will benefit, working men and women. Now, the people that work on Wall Street, they make money when it goes up, they make it when it goes down. Don't let him fool you now, God forbid of you and your family are in a situation. This is a dangerous world. You feel threatened, ideally, you talk your way out of it. You back up, you walk away, you run away. Whatever you have to do, okay, Plan B twenty five Now until the top of the hour, eight hundred and nine to FOURT one Sean, you want to be a part of the program, don't forget only a few more days. What is today's day, the eighth, Linda, we have today, tomorrow, Well, today's the ninth, So we have today, tomorrow and Friday. Less.
Speaker 2: People have today half of the day today. And let me just tell you, people showed up yesterday. We were getting crossed yesterday with people entering the contest.
Speaker 1: I wish I could bring people behind the scenes of why I went to Washington yesterday. It's just there's certain things that you know in my work, in my job, and I allude to certain things that I know are public information. But more importantly, this is a very critical time in Washington, it really is. And anyway for these senators to get together. We're going to play some of it later in the program. And getting this reconciliation bill done is very very important. You're not going to get everything you want in part because of reconciliation the process itself. Now this is April. We just got to get to October and then we have the first Trump budget and they'll be able to go line by line through every department if it still exists, and get to the budget they want. But this will preserve the tax cuts. This will bring in no tax on tips, overtime social Security. This will also unleash the President's energy dominance program. This will help Tom Homan and Christy nom out big time in terms of securing the border number one and keeping it secure and number two, deporting all these people that didn't respect our laws, borders and sovereignty. This is this is going to help, you know, the Department of Defense and the next generation of weaponry, knowing that the world is a very very dangerous place and we can't we can't stand idly by, you know, with our hands tied behind our back. And it's going to help dosee, you know, weed out waste, fraud, abused corruption. That is going to continue, whether Elon must stays past one hundred and thirty days or not. I mean, as a non government employee, there's usually a deadline on that, but there is some ambiguity to it, but we'll see. If nothing else, he will have set in motion with this process to continue, which I'm very happy about. And I guess that's why he's hated so much. But anyway, back to the Tesla contest. If you go to Hannity dot com today, tomorrow, and Friday, you last three days. You can register every day once a day, and we'll announce hopefully a winner by next week. And you just have to listen to this radio program. Get the word of the day, because we were in DC yesterday. Today's word of the day is swamp. You go to the Hannity dot Com, you click on the Tesla Contest at the head of the homepage. It'll take it to the contest page, and you put in the word of the day and you will be officially registered. It's that simple. I love cooking. It's a passion. I don't know why. It relaxes me, it does. I love to eat also, that's part of a passion. And I don't care what you're cooking. If you cook it a steak, a burger, chicken, pork chops, pork ribs, fish, whatever your favorite is, I take great pride in making sure it comes out the way I like it every time. I'm pretty much a bit of a perfectionist with cooking, always have been. I want it perfect every time when I cut in into that steak, that chicken, that burger, that pork chop. I want it perfect. I want it exactly to my desired level of done this now I will never have to worry again. His technology is so amazing. It's a modern, completely wireless cooking thermometer. It eliminates any chance you'll screw it up. It eliminates any chance of undercooking, any chance of overcooking, no matter how you cook it. It can withstand temperatures up to a thousand degrees fahrenheit. And it's called chef i Q Sense. It's so simple to use. It's like putting a toothpick inside of your steak, your fish, your chicken, whatever you're cooking. And then you just open up the chef i q app, which can be indicates with the wireless probe and yes it's healthy, no risk. I mean, it's so silly anyway, And you pick all right, I want it medium, rare, I want it medium, or maybe you're insane and want it well done, which I think is nuts. But if you want it well done, it'll make it well done. I'll tell you when you when to turn your meat over, tell you when your meat's done. It'll eliminate any risk. When you cook for your friends, your family, your neighbors, they're going to think you went to culinary school and want you to cook every time, which in my case, I love because it keeps me busy and I'm not trapped having to talk to people for hours on end, which I get quickly bored. True of falls Linder.
Speaker 2: You you have the attention span of a net Not true.
Speaker 1: I'm dialed in and focused like a laser b when I'm doing the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't say you weren't focused. I just was like, you know, if you get bored, you're out.
Speaker 1: If I get bored, them out, can't help it anyway. Just go to chefiq dot com. It's a very low price. You'll save it additional fifteen percent of checkout when you use the promo code, Hannity, that's chefiq dot com two day. I'm just loving the reaction of stupid people, all of these people that have been trying to create in other people's minds that Donald Trump does not know what he's doing. He's going to create a world economic crash and Donald Trump, you know, it's like whiplash. What are they gonna say tomorrow? Oh, he was forced to do this. No. As a matter of fact, the Treasury Secretary of descent just confirmed what I had pretty much understood because I know the guy so well. This was the plan all along. I've been saying this. I said it to Linda, sweet Baby James yesterday in DC. I said, he's just he's lining up all these nations, one after another after another, to the point where they're begging to do a deal with us. He has laid out the he's laid out the history of America being ripped off and taken advantage of. It's a compelling case. And we provide for the national defense, we pay more for NATO. We don't teriff them the way they've been tariffing us. They've been taking advantage of us, downright abusing us, meaning America, the American consumer, and American manufacturers. They have hurt our ranchers, our farmers, are automakers, They've hurt everybody. And now the President said, okay, now that you got the message that I'm serious, now we can negotiate, and they'll be negotiating from a position of strength. Now. The President also wants to talk about other issues, currency manipulation, trade barriers, non monetary tariffs. I we got to deal with the vattax in the European Union. I mean, he was not wrong in saying that the whole European Union designed to screw us. And if they think that they're going to get by without the US, good luck with them. You know, go out on your own. They want access to your money, they want access to our markets. They're ready to make a deal and the President will be fair. But the President is not going to allow this country to get ripped off anymore. This is not that complicated. This has been you know. I got to give kudos to Mark Pennell used to be the poster for Bill Clinton. He had an article in Today's New York Post that a reactions off the Wall undo market panic, he called it. He said, it's time for Wall Street to get a grip. This is a Democrat writing noess. The Trump tariff policies are a calculated gamble that the threat of tariffs can fundamentally remake the global economy and retilt it in the direction of the United States and away from China and other beggar thy neighbor countries, he calls them. But whether or not, whether they work or not. Wall Street elites have convinced themselves that tariffs are worse than the pandemic that stopped the entire economy, or the two thousand and eight economic crisis that put ten million people out of work. And so far nothing has even happened. It's all speculation about what could happen, and Wall Street regularly overreacts on both the upside and the downside. But in judging the potential impact of the Trump tariffs, you know, the first place to look a basic math, he went on to say. And he said, these tariffs, if it acted, would be only a small part of the US economy, no more than about one percent of our economic activity. And if they weren't acted, the money would not go into corporate profits put into the US treasury about three hundred billion a year. I actually think that number is low. I think it would be higher. The United States has an annual GDP of twenty eight trillion. We are the world's largest importer, but that's because we have the number one economy in the world by far relative to our size. In part, imports are much smaller percentage than most people think. Thank God, we have a few people out there with a brain it is so frustrating. The communist Chinese launched, you know, this racist, humiliating humiliation campaign mocking Trump tariffs. They had an AI generated video believed to have been created by some TikToker depicting a depressing, depressing America under Donald Trump's tariffs. Yeah, guess who gets the last laugh today? And let me tell you where China's gonna head. China, I promise you listen closely to me, is freaking out now. Why because China needs access to our markets, they want your money too, and they're gonna have to come to the table. And this is a win win strategy to negotiate trade deals. The other person that got it right Art Laugher, smart guy who's on Stuart Varney Show anyway. He came after Steve Moore wrote an opinion piece, a win win exit strategy for Trump on tariffs that was published in the Wall Street Journal. There are a few people that get it, people that we usually use on this program. Is the reason we have certain guests that we have. But what he's done now is he's gotten them in a position where they're going to lose their access to the US market if they don't redress these types of inequities that they've done. And Art Laffer worked in the Reagan administration as an economic advisor, and he said Trump is a master negotiator. And I'm watching these people calling into Trump. This is exactly what he does beautifully and wonderfully. And I believe he can negotiate freer trade deals, get those tariffs way way down, much lower than they are now by primarily those people lowering their tariffs and US keeping ours low or even going lower. It'll be a win win. This is what we've been telling you. What happen now. It might be a little hiccup in ninety days. I don't know. Some of these countries may be stupid, and by being stupid, I would define stupid. As you know, they might agree to you and think, oh he gave in, Oh he didn't like what was happening on the stock market. Okay, if that's your bet, don't make the wrong bet. But I'm telling you you're betting on a losing horse. Ten year treasury yields spiked higher as Trump tariffs continued. Anyway, it jumped ten basis points to four point three sixty three percent. Now I'm going to say something to you and I don't give out economic advice. Talk to your financial advisor if you don't have the stomach for the stock market and the topsy turvy, frankly inexplicable ups and downs of the market. By the way, it's up twenty eight hundred points today. Oh what are they going to do on fake new CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and MSDNC. It is unbelievable. The only country that was stupid enough to put reciprocal tariffs in place was China, and they got whacked. You know. JP Morgan's Jamie Diamond over a sessionated it in probably the coming inherited a recession, didn't officially get it into recession territory. As far as I'm concerned, it was by every definition, we're paying everything. It's going to take a lot to get this economy. That's why I went to Washington yesterday. But this we've got to get this reconciliation bill done. You know it's you know, CNBC, by the way, that's like the worst network to watch for economic dos They have really dumb people. There's a couple of smart people, but the rest of them are pretty dumb. Jim Kramer is an idiot. I'm just telling you, I would you do what you want? You want to take advice from Jim Kramer, Good luck with that. He predicted Black Monday for this week didn't quite work out the way he predicted. He's the one that said, I'm selling all my crypto getting out. Now it's going to go in the tank. Okay, a genius. I'm really gonna listen to that guy. No, thank you. I'd rather go bet my money away than listen to these people. By the way, little side note, the House Foreign Affairs Committee is set to consider legislation that would halt tens of millions of US tax dollars. Apparently they've been flowing to the talent ban. This panel now slated a hold of a mark up hearing today on No Tax Dollars for Terrorists Act because they were recently made aware of a weekly forty million dollar cash a shipment being made weekly to the Afghanistan Central Bank. In other words, Republicans discovered Biden was sending forty million dollars a week in cash shipments to the Taliban, the people that killed our soldiers and stole our military equipment and took our military base. By the way, on now, the left is acting crazy. Carvil He's lost his mind. Is now warning Trump will rig the midterms and declare martial law. He lost his mind. You're not the same guy that I once knew. We have some other news I want to get to here. New evidence showing that the Biden administration conspired with China to keep Beijing's spy balloon surveillance mission a secret. Did you see that news today? Linda Biden ministration State Department officials held private talks with Beijing counterparts about the Chinese spy balloon that was intercepted in US airspace in twenty twenty three, and discussed the implication the balloon's publicity would have on the relationship between the US and China. Biden officials held discussions with Beijing February first, twenty twenty three, about the balloon, discussed the impact disclosing the balloon to the public and could have that disclosure would have on the relationship between the US and China, according to internal State Department documents. At Trump administration officials told Fox Digital and apparently wink and Tony Blinken stated that if the presidence of the balloon were revealed publicly, it could have profound implications for our relationship with China. So they chose to lie to you, the American people, like they lied about the borders being secure and inflation being transitory in Joe's cognitive health. They decided they would lie to go US as a matter of record because they cared more about what China thinks. Now, that's called American weakness. That is called appeasement. By the way, Tulsea Gabbert, who's on with US tonight, creates a task force to probit the intelligence community. Good. It's about time Trump cut ford million dollars in Princeton funding. Good. More money saved for you, the American people. You realize that if we bring back manufacturing of this country and we start building you know, one hundred all these companies that we have listed, will list them tonight on Hannity. I'm also going to scroll a list of all the money pledged before the tariff went into place. Then I'm going to put a list of countries that are investing in America as a result of the tariff threat. Then we're going to list the seventy countries that we can get it. And then we're going to list all the teriffs. I'm going to scroll all the tariffs that China puts on America, and you tell me whether or not we should do business with China. We'll do that for you tonight. Nobody else in the media will do it fine. Eastern Hannity Fox,