Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepga and I'm joined Barb Bloomberg's equity supporter Cloone. Are they good morning, Clare? Should we start off with Reno then not good this morning in terms of the reaction to what they said last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely not a great morning from another this morning. So last night it cut its margin outlook and as as well as its free cash flow outlook. It said that that was due to general trade tensions, a tough car market in general as well in Europe, but also a competition from Chinese manufacturers. If that wasn't enough a big news, it also announced a new interim CEO to replace Luca Demo who left for Caring. So Duncan Minto is the new man in charge. He's the finance chief and has been at the company since nineteen ninety seven, so he might know the company well enough to kind of guide it out of that tough spot. But crucially the such for a permanent CEO is still underwear, so there's more uncertainty there. And as a result of both sets of news, the stock saw the biggest drop since the start of.
Speaker 1: The pandemic this morning.
Speaker 4: Just to kind of give a scale to this, it was down sixteen percent and as a result, that also dragged down the shares of other car makers that are vulnerable to the same to the same uncertainties in the market. So Stellantis and Volksbagen were also down this morning as a result, and that signals may be more pain for the car sector going forward. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's the tariff risks, but it's also the FX risks as well. So that from Reno ASML's CEO talking about the future growth of the business really badly received by the markets and the CFO make comments this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: The CEO christ walked back to the growth forecast for next year essentially it's cited. He cited tread tensions in particular, and he said that while the company still prepares for growth in twenty twenty six, it can't confirm it, and the investors reacted quite badly to that. That pushed the stock down about eight percent. This morning, and given how important ASML is for the industry, it also took.
Speaker 1: Down the rest of the sector.
Speaker 4: We saw a lot of weakness across the board for companies like Infinian B Semiconductor, n SC Micro. So this is obviously also not helped by the fact that tariffs on semi conductors could come soon.
Speaker 1: Trump said that.
Speaker 4: Complicates the picture even further for that industry.
Speaker 3: Okay, we should end on a lighter note, should we should? The bling Katti Rishmore Visual said doing quite well because of Cartier sales.
Speaker 4: Explained, yes, so Shmore had had quite a good more this morning. It was up about two or three percent, slightly more positive news there.
Speaker 1: So the sales were better than expected.
Speaker 4: That's off the back of, as you said, strong demand for Katti and Vancleief jewelry as well. This is not completely out of the ordinary for Ishmore. It has been outperforming its luxury piers over the past few months, and it seems like there's a continuation of the outperformance at the moment. We'll see how the other kind of industry, Bell Weather's Alvi Mation Caring, which are reporting a little bit later in the season, how they are firing in an environment that is.
Speaker 1: Quite tough for luxury as a whole.
Speaker 4: There's been a slow down in demand, especially in China, where shoppers are really pulling back on very expensive purchases. But what we've seen in what I think is exemplified by Eishmon this morning, is that high end luxury tends to hold up a little bit better. So quite good news from that company. At least one company this morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.