Speaker 1: Warning today's episode Today in spoilers for Foundation episode seven of season three. Hello, my name is Jason Getupsion and my name's a Boot and welcome back to x ray Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics of pop culture. Company from my Heart podcast where we're bring you episodes every Tuesday and Thursday and Friday, Most News on.
Speaker 2: Saturday, News on Saturday.
Speaker 3: You don't forget Today, Jason, we are continuing our journey into Foundation season three and talking all about episode seven.
Speaker 2: We're nearing the end.
Speaker 1: Oh man, and it's getting very hot. Let's immediately jump into it. Foundation episode seven of season three, Foundations ended. It really looks like it. We open years ago on the planet Rassam aka Big Spinach a Mother, where we meet a young mother with her newborn baby and her young son and they are walking this path between the spinach of Big Spinach, and we learned that they live on this kind of industrial agricultural planet where huge wheel shaped tractors pull up the crops and we watch that process happening. There's also a group called Assessors that will land and occasionally make sure that take inventory of everything. Apparently that these workers have and make sure that they don't have anything they shouldn't and they sense that this is about to occur, so they run back to their homestead and one of the assessor ship's lands, and the mother along with her husband, puts this newborn baby into a hiding place, and the assessors arrive and they ask a bunch of questions, and we learn immediately that these assessors work for foundations. So uhh, the good guys that you thought were good are kind of bad. Although I should say that we kind of knew, and Harry always kind of knew that Foundation one was going to go astray in certain ways. And so we're seeing that now the Foundation one rules this planet, and we should assume other such planets with a authoritarian grip. There is a one child policy. The assessors discover the second child, the newborn child, and so they tell this family, okay, well you live under a one child policy rule and we'll be back in thirty days and you'll have one child. See you later. Very alarming, very troubling.
Speaker 2: Very troubling, very Nazi codd.
Speaker 1: Yes, we go to the present. Is causing Foundation to tear itself apart, just as we saw at the end of the previous episode, the space defenses are shooting at it themselves. On the ground, soldiers are shooting at civilians. Meanwhile, pritches down in a cell trying to warn Seth that this is all the Mule. The Mule is doing is let me out so I can deal with the Mule. It's all in all a very bad day for Foundation. And meanwhile Torren is trying to get Bita to safety and she's basically knocked unconscious. We go to Trantor. Various alarmed ministers are appealing to Dusk, who is currently the only cleon available. They're telling him it's bad. The Empire has lost much of its fleet around Kalgan. The Foundation is about to fall, which means the Mule will then have ships with which to attack the rest of Empire, including the Imperial planet. We've got to do something. Dusk then has a vision of a camel moving.
Speaker 2: Through the back of the well.
Speaker 1: Not the real camel, I mean, let's talk about that. Because he sees this, he then snaps too and orders He says, okay, send pro determined new terminus. Let's find out what's happening there. All the armies in the galaxy have them recalled to Trantor to defend the empire and do something about these camels that are loose in the hall, and then he'll just leaves. Yeah, what is this real camel vision? What?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: The camel not real, but the ferret later or at least clearly real, because the ambassador also sees the ferret. And I think, I mean, I think clearly we're supposed to assume that with only three days left until his ascension, Dusk is like deteriorating mentally, you know. And I think, like he keeps repeating, like I have, I'm on a timeline, the clock is ticking, and I think that might literally be like a physical taking time bomb, and like maybe dusks are just never meant to actually live longer than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that this was a I think it's a vision one and I think it's gotta be an allusion to the biblical metaphor about a camel moving through the like it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter heaven. And I think that's as he enters the literally the last three days of his life. I think Dusk is thinking, what happens to me after? And have I lived a good life? I think that's what's happening, but we will see. Maybe it's a real camel. Dusk then goes to see the ambassador from Foundation and she's a mess, of course, because she's watching like a nine to eleven planetary level event happened too to her society, and she just doesn't know what to do. Dusk comes in with a million questions, Hey, do you know any trantor is it falling yet? Or what's going on? She's like, is that the only.
Speaker 2: Reason you came to talk to me?
Speaker 1: I care?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you also? Baby?
Speaker 1: No? Sorry? Anyway, we go to New Trantor the Mule lands. He's got all his acolytes with him, Scarlett is with him, and Mayor Inbird goes to bend the knee foundation completely surrendering. Anybody who doesn't want to surrender is immediately dealt with, and the Mule is like, listen, you're gonna love serving me. It's gonna be great. You're gonna love it. And Mayor Inberg you're gonna have to learn to love blood because There's gonna be a lot of it. There's gonna be a lot of war, there be a lot of death. Scarlet then paints his cheeks, Mayor Inber's cheeks with blood, so he gets the picture, and we discover that it appears, whether by his own volition or due to the influence of the Mule, Inbur apparently sold out foundation and told the mule to come here or lower the defenses or something. And then as as I guess a price for their somewhat of their freedom or to not die, he offers a pritch, who the Mule clearly wants so he can locate Gail Dornick. This is shocking. Do you think do you think Mayor Inbert did this just on his own I think he did.
Speaker 2: I think he can. I think did.
Speaker 3: I think he's enough of a coward to sell out the planet for his own supposed safety. But I do think this is such a fun storytelling device because every time we cut back to Mule, you don't know whether any of these characters are acting under under their own volitions. Correct And obviously we say that see that play out quite explicitly between Randu and Tourin later in the episode. But I had a fun time in every scene on Foundation, asking myself is this the mule or is this their own choice?
Speaker 1: Same we go to Micagen where things are getting very very interesting. Now Day is apologizing to uh Song and to gamer tag girlfriend about basically he's like, listen, it's clearly like a misunderstand some of it. This was a vast misunderstanding me coming here. But like, let me make it up to you by telling you about the robot, which I know you really care about because of this religion you have. Look at this and he pulls out like a crochet needle and he's like, this is one of Demrzelle's tools. It comes from Earth. You can tell by the markings. And is that like, come on, that's a big deal. And they're like, you know what intriguing, but we need to know more, right, how do we figure out more? And Song and gamer tried girlfriend kind of argue a little bit about well, you could put the memory thing on and see if he said anything then, and she's like, I really don't want to put the memory thing on that will return the memories from the Pleasure Palace to me, And yeah, you know, there's got to be some other way that we can get him to talk more and sun Master. Maybe we bring in sun Master eighteen and we get his take on it. This gang leader that we had heard some telling of in a previous episode. And all in all, Song and her partner are very excited about the potential that robots might actually exist. They decide to use shrooms, which are part of their religion. I guess makes sense that this place is called micagen, which is, you know, the more species correct plant name for well, they're not plants whatever, the scientific name for fungi. And so they start getting the mushroom mix.
Speaker 2: Ready.
Speaker 1: Back on Trantor, the Ambassador tells Dusk about the fall of New Terminus and she's like a total mess. Like they're having dinner like as if it's normal, and she's like it's so crazy, like everybody's dying. But here I am like eating this luxurious dinner like everything is normal, and Dusk is like, don't worry. They don't worry about it. I'll protect you, Like, don't worry. You stay with me. Leave the Foundation Mission, the chancery, the Foundation Embassy. You come live with me in the Palace. I will enfold you in the Imperial protections and everything's going to be absolutely fine. The Empire is on a strong footing. She's like, oh yeah, where are day in Dawn Like, Joe, I'm not enough.
Speaker 2: Why are we bringing up my brothers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like, listen, okay, flat out, Dave fled the palace and Dawn well, yea too complicated to get into that one, but maybe one day we'll get into that one. The mood, yeah, let's not get into that. All of which is to say, I'm holding things together here, okay. And then Day's ferret runs onto the table and he's like, look at that, that's Day's ferret. He's kind of still around, I'll look at that. Isn't that cute? Song? And gamer tag girlfriend questioned Day As he's tripping, he's taken the shroom mixture, which seems like it comes out of a fancy espresso machine. He finds himself back in the palace. He's greased up and shirtless because this is Foundation after all, and he's running Wait til Jesus, god, guy, the chastic process of this show amazing. So they're running through He's running through the halls right seeing these visions. He sees his brothers sitting on the triple throne. His seat is empty than Demarselle. A massively size de Marcel approaches. She gives him this kind of short lecture about like their relationship that the Kleonic brothers have with Demarselle, and then he wakes up on the floor, but still under the influence of this stuff. Song is there. Day apparently, in his unconsciousness, has been talking about Demarzelle. He's arguing now with Demozelle, like about like, why do you hate me? Demrcel? Do you hate me? And Song is trying to quite you know, get more information about this Demarzel character, right, and it's like that's okay, So that's the robot. Can you free you? Can free the robot? Can't you? And like and days like can I free you? And Day eventually tells Song, no, I can't. I can't order the robot freed because she is programmed, like from before me Eden, to serve Empire. And this infuriates Song and her partner, of course, because it's like they have enslaved God. Apparently the trip continues days back in the palace, he's talking to Dusk now asking if Demarzelle, like is Demarzel heard, is she sad about this? The way that she has to serve empire? And then he sees an older Demarselle like sitting in the mirror to do maintenance on herself. And then he sees his the three brothers, the three Kleonic phases of dawn, day, and dusk, all doing the practicing being in sync thing at dinner right, and then Dawn messes up and you get the pick, you get the I got the impression at least that this Dawn that we're seeing in the vision is him, Like, he then progresses into the day that we are watching, Now, did you feel that?
Speaker 2: I felt exactly that too.
Speaker 3: I get the sense that we're learning that this day has, since his Dawn days been always a little out of saying a little bit. And I've certainly been dealing with like this complex that I'm not good enough.
Speaker 2: I've never been good enough to be a cleon.
Speaker 1: I've never been good enough. And also Demarzel hates this and hates me, and how can I make it up to her? So he then asks de Marzelle, like, are we the worst? Are we the worst cleons? I feel like we're the worst ever cleons. And he and he's like, can you tell me a story, like any story? And she's like, well, listen, I've had so many stories. I've got so many like I've been alive for so long. I've been a soldier, I've been a prisoner, I've been all these different things. Currently I am a prisoner. And can I order you to free yourself? He asks? And she's like, no, you can't do that. But what would you do if you were free? He asks her. She's like, why, I would make more of me. I would make more robots. And okay, if you could choose, would you choose to love us the cleons? And she gives really no clear answer. She's which he realizes is the answer like the answer is no yes. And he realizes then, in that moment and that hesitation of her to answer, and the kind of ambiguousness of her answer in general, that she really wants to be free at the core of her, like any living thing wants to be free. And then the trip kind of ends or tails off, and he has clearly come to a decision and has clearly come to a place where emotionally something has happened, like something big has happened. This is an incredible sequence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think also visually an incredible scene, yes, just the way we're transitioning from scene to scene. This whole episode actually had some really fun transitions all throughout, but this true Trip sequence was a visual treat for sure. I also loved that we ended on this like really poignant freedom versus love, because I think same there are different versions of that decision. You know, there are stories about people choosing love over their freedom and prioritizing love. Here we're seeing the opposite of that. Deverzel Again, I think I said those a few episodes ago, but I believe that she, in some weird robot way, truly loves the Cleons, and we see her emotional outbursts. We saw that last week. I believe with Gail when she's talking about raising them, and so I do think she loves them. But I think after what a thousand years of enslavement, freedom is worth more to her than any amounts of love. Love is not enough for her.
Speaker 1: I agree, and it makes me wonder should Harry have just taken shrooms in my cons and then he wouldn't have needed to do the whole psychohistory. You would have just been like Oh, the robot wants to be free. Yep, that is the hinge point upon which the entire galaxy moves, Like I've figured that out.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I also there's a very small I don't know whether this is an easter egg. I don't know whether this is hinting at future seasons to come, because it doesn't feel like a thing that will make sense this season. But I'll say this in sort of a vague, non spoilery way, but Demriseel mentions that she has been known as Daniel, she uses this other name, which hints at a very very important robot character within the Foundation and asim Off universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get it.
Speaker 3: I think that that's all that's really safe to say.
Speaker 1: I feel like robots are coming. We go back to Trantor, where the Ambassador finally asks about ascension, like, okay, so you're gonna protect me, that's great, but you are getting vaporized in three days now, Like that's happening or is that? Like she's like, clearly they can't do that now, like everything's so crazy, and Dusk is like, listen, I will take care of it and make sure that whatever happens after me, like I've made my peace with this life. No, he hasn't. He's flat out lying in this part where he's like, I'm fine, I'm ready to close this chapter of my life and I'll make sure you're taking care of after the fact. And we know that that's not the case. He's been freaking out. They then kiss. We go back to New Terminus where Pritch bites through his wrist in order to get the guards to come to his cell. This is fucking crazy, crazy nuts Inber then brings the mule to his cell to find Pritchard is bled out and dead. Only no, it's the guard. Pridge then like peeks in like ha ha and tries to shoot the mule sneak style, like.
Speaker 2: I better bridge to be clear, master spy by ass Are.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? I love I loved it. I mean he doesn't have the safety off. The safety is on. He can't shoot the god and now is running away as the as the guards of New Terminus and the mules people are shooting at him in the butt. Torn gets Beta on the ship, I mean crazy stuff from Bridge. Torn gets Beta on the ship. Randy breaks in. He made it as well. They don't know where Magnifico is, so the ship Ai is like, hey, while you were taught, while nephew and and uncle are talking it out, bad guys are coming to the ship. Okay, so there's that to can clock. Randy then says, listen, what if it's what if? The mule is like, what if it's gonna be all good? Like what if? What if the opportunities there? Right, listen, we've been fighting as foundation Empire has always kind of been a problem. Everything's shaken up. Now maybe we can all profit from this. So Torren now is like, hold on a second, did the mule get to you? And Randy's like no, no, no, no, no, the mule didn't get to me. But I just want to tell you the mule is you love. The mule is pure love, like he doesn't hate, he doesn't hate us, In fact, he loves us. So now Torn is like okay, yeah, whatever, the mule got to you, and he jumps into an escape pod. The escape pod has like some sort of booby trap in it that shoots the bolts that are attached to the escape pod cell. Yeah, these bolts kill Randu and Torren doesn't want to, but he has to leave Beita behind, She's can prepare and he escapes to we.
Speaker 3: Don't know where, right This was my favorite scene of this episode. I think so because I loved the insight that we got into more mentalic slash mule abilities here, because it's not like, it's not mind control, it's not generic I'm wiping your mind. You're now just like, although it seems like he can do it, that I he can do I think there are varying degrees to his powers. For sure, you're right, But I think what's like almost mornefarious is what we see here is that the Mule has tampered just enough, but has played with Randw's motivations. Randw already wants to subvert the foundation, so why not do that together? But he like there's just enough to nudge someone along. And so I have found it interesting over the course of the season watching the ways in which the Mule conserves gas. I guess in the table that's he's not pedaled to the metal, just mind control everybody around him all the time.
Speaker 1: I think that to me is also the kind of the most fascinating thing about the Mule is it's it's it benefits him to not let anybody know just how much gas he has or just what the limits of his power are. So the sense I get, especially with how freaked out he is about Gail, is that he's much more vulnerable than anybody knows. And I think Magnifico is going to be the key to that. In fact, he's probably weaker now without Magnifico than maybe ever. And but at the same time he's he's covering that up. He's being very very cagey about that part of it. Naturally, back on Trantor, Dusk and the Ambassador have made love and Dusk. This is so funny because Dusk like kisses her and has this fucking look on his face like, yeah, still got it, still doing it three days from ascension day and I'm still doing it.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 1: It was like an incredible vibe from him. He then goes to I guess take like a post coital stroll around the palace when he sees Day's ferret and then he feeds it some wine and meat and then he stomps it to death. This I think, Listen, we still don't know what Dusk is going to do with his gravity bomb, but.
Speaker 2: I suspect I keep forgetting.
Speaker 1: About Yeah, we keep forgetting about that, but like I suspect, I think Dusk is positioning himself to just be like, hey, forget the cloning thing. What if I just keep going, Like I think that's where this is headed. It's just like I'll just keep going. As the guy.
Speaker 3: We go to Mikegens, are you are you saying that the death Star is his?
Speaker 2: Like gun, He's like, let me keep going? Or I shoot.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's good. I think he understands that everybody's coming to trantor I think he is going to when everybody's in one place, set the bomb off, and somehow in his mind he's going to set himself up as the emperor of whatever's left.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, all right, interesting theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sun Master comes through in Loki cosplay sun Master eighteen dresses like Loki. Let's just put that.
Speaker 2: Out there, like this is just another variant, a.
Speaker 1: Variant the LOGI with the stab and everything and the fucking gauntlets and everything, but with I mean the abs we had We mentioned it at the time, but I think the casting part of the casting for this season was how exactly washboard are your abs and true?
Speaker 3: Where do we get these slowly just pans across his ads, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: So, sun Master Loki questions Day, who is still clearly like grappling with the emotional revelations of his trip, like.
Speaker 2: He's still kind of in like a fetal position, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is. It's it's as if a very heavy truth has has descended on him and he's grappling with this. And Sunmaster then says, like some truly Loki like stuff with the staff about how the skull and the staff will do this and that and we get it.
Speaker 2: A new tran tour.
Speaker 1: The Mule and Scarlet are going for tour of the Mayor's offices and the very the complexes around there. The mayor is like, yeah, of course, Hey, my whatever's mine is yours, Like, let's go for it. They go into the bathroom and the mule is like, hey, you want to serve me? I love it. Why don't you drown yourself in this sink? And Seth is horrified by this. The mayor does his asked, drowns dies, and the Mule then asks Seth, hey, you're very close with Pritchard. I can feel that coming off of you. Where do you think he's going and she's like, well, knowing him, he's probably planning to go off and start a rebellion against you. We go back to Big Spinach and just as we thought, I think this is the Mule's flashback. Yes, and we'll pause here. Does this throw into disarray your Magnifico is the mule theory, seeing as how they cast this young man to look very much like Palau.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I also was getting a little bit worried about my theory in this episode because I think there's a we we didn't here. Here's how my theory still stands. We didn't see Magnifico. Where the fuck is he?
Speaker 2: What is he?
Speaker 1: He might be around and you see them round, We see them youle doing mind control ship on the in the same general area that Magnifico is running around in. So it from that perspective it might.
Speaker 3: Still legal, I agree, but but definitely uh yeah, my theory is getting a little shaky because of this flashback sequence. At one point I thought, is the baby Magnifico?
Speaker 2: Are they brothers? And is that what's happening here?
Speaker 1: But I might just kind of wait, hold on, I kind of love that one.
Speaker 3: Also, I like that too, Yeah, but I have nothing to back that up except that the baby is bald, which is not not a connection.
Speaker 2: But I don't know are they brothers. It's not entirely clear to me if the baby is magnifico. But I thought it was there the entire time, even though we kind of see him leave the baby.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean he doesn't go back and get the baby, get the baby right, or reconnect with his brother once they're both older or something. So yeah, I'm not so sure about my theory anymore. Is where I'm like. I was very pro my theory. I was like, this is like eighty twenty now more like sixty forty.
Speaker 1: I was very pro it. I do feel like this casting of this young actor throws it into serious Yes, all right, that said, so we're we're watching now the parents, this small family discuss that they're now going to get rid of one of their kids. The whole family's together, they're near this looks like an entrance to some kind of waterway, right, and the plan is to drown the child. Only plot twist, they're going to drown the older son and start anew with this baby. And the young boy real and he's begging for his life, and as he does so, kind of X Men style, his his superpower emerges in this moment of intense emotional distress, and both parents, one by one, first the father than the mother, fall into the water in some kind of delusion, believing that like they are now living their lives with their one child happily, but in reality they are drowning and they have no idea that this is happening. The Young Mule then takes the baby and leaves it with the neighbors, who we've we get the name of the neighbors, the Bartons. Does that Is that gonna be important because it's weird that they name the neighbors a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, multiple times, and then it's on the note that doesn't ring a bell for me, but that might just be beyond my Asimov universe foundation knowledge.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's gonna come back. And then the young Mule leaves to become the Mule that we see today and in the present, the Mule goes to Hologram Harry's vault yells for Harry to come out. It's like, I know you're in there. Hologram Harry comes out and just asks basically so how much of how much of what you know about your life is true? Basically he says it, and then we end, which is, yeah, fascinating because we didn't until this moment know that hologram Harry knew anything about the Mule and apparently is aware of the Mule to the point of knowing about his childhood or perhaps the mule shared that, but can he share that with a hologram? Many questions. Your thoughts on that ending.
Speaker 2: I loved the ending.
Speaker 1: I same.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is finally we're seeing the unstoppable force meet the immovable object, and I can't wait, Like, yeah, next next week's episode. I was very tempted to just click next and watch the next one, but I'm gonna restrain myself.
Speaker 2: Very good ending.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know, overall this episode, I think we've come off like a tor dy fors of like bombshell episode bomb Shall upside bombs episode. This one felt, you know, not as good, but like definitely.
Speaker 1: Had an action an action episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and so I was hoping.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, I mean, maybe it's too much to hope for a fourth episode in a row with a great bombshell moment or something. I think in a small way, we got it in the end here with the flashback to the Great Mule, and we got it with Mule Harry showdown coming up. You know, like this is very wwe coded. It's gonna get real in the ring next episode.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. Here's the thought I had body Harry has Gail, that's his mentallic, right, is the Mule hologram Harry's Gail? Like is if he knows about the mules upbringing? Did he know that the Mule would emerge? And has he did he get that ball rolling?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know that Holograham Harry knows a lot about the Mule.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does, but he seemed to in this moment.
Speaker 2: He seemed to.
Speaker 3: But knowing Harry over the course of this show, my first instinct was, Oh, he's bluffing. He's just like puffing his feathers in the face of this like unknown danger to try and get more out of him. And I think it also for the audience, it serves as like this flashback.
Speaker 2: That we just showed you this episode, how much of that is true?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Are you sure that this young boy was the Mule and that's or is this the story the Mule has crafted for him or.
Speaker 1: Is that the story that Magnifico put into his mind.
Speaker 2: Or put into his mind? Right? Is Magnifico the other child or something?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Like, I think intentionally we are supposed to question basically everything with the Mule in this episode.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're now moving on to like basically the final third of the season, and I think we're in for some huge twists and reveals with the Mule, I continusing it all season long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk quickly about Micajen. What do you think is what role will the Robot Worshippers play going forward? Because I think we are meant because of some of the foreshadow and we got in earlier episodes to suspect that Trantor is maybe going to be completely destroyed, and certainly it's gonna be the fight the site of a major battle. Yeah, so what happens to the Robot Worshippers and what role do they plan the story going forward? If any?
Speaker 3: It's still unclear to me where emotionally Day has ended up at the end of this episode, Like, are these revelations about Demerzel that he's had, is that freeing for him, is able to let go of the Cleon baggage and now maybe like forge a different life in Micagen or has that solidified his loyalty to Empire to Demozelle in some way and is he going to now actively work against these robot worshippers? You know, I think that's intentionally left unclear at the end of this episode, and we'll see what happens, but I'm not sure. Like I'm getting like sort of cult vibes, religious vibes from this group, but whether or not they're going to play a huge role. I think Demrizel has to come in contact with this group, yes, a big role, yeah, but I can't Demrizel also missing a lot of key players missing in this episode, no Gale, no Demozelle, and so I don't know how that happens. I'm not sure, but I think it has to happen before this group becomes a player on the battlefields.
Speaker 1: I agree. I I was left wondering. My feeling at the end of Mikajen is that the days always felt like the Weirdo, has always felt like something's wrong, and has clearly always felt coming from Demarzelle this anger, passive, aggressive, even hatred, and he's clearly had it gnawing at his conscious this whole time. Why do you not like me? Why do you hate us? While he's only wanted to, in a way please her, And I think you could kind of read into the choices he's made in his life as this attempt and failure to please this mother figure who he feels like hates him but won't ever talk about why. And so I feel like the revelation of the true nature of her relationship to Empire, which is she was programmed to support and nurture them and doesn't actually want to be doing it and is again essentially a prisoner of this structure. I think that was I think it was heartbreaking for him. I think it was shattering to discover his role in the enslavement of someone he truly cares about. And I think I was left feeling like, there's a chance he becomes like this Patty Hurst like figure working with these religious rebels to air quotes free Demarzell, I mean truly, not even air quotes, like really actually free her, whatever that means. And you know, I guess potentially be Demarzelle's army going forward if it does go that way. But the one thing I agree with you with I think they have to all meet, like that must happen, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean I really liked in this episode that the like thematic through line was two children abandoned by their parents. We got Cleon and we got young Mule, and we see how that plays out for the Mule presumably, and I think it'll be interesting to see how it plays off for Kleon now, whether he'll go down as similarly destructive route.
Speaker 2: Or if it'll go a different way for him.
Speaker 1: Torn and Pritch, I would assume that they're heading towards Gail and Second Foundation, who we have did not see this episode, but it feels like that's the only place left that they could possibly go. I mean, Pritch, who is is lucky to be alive?
Speaker 3: That guy, I mean, he's a metallic right. Have we seen him use his bowers once in an effective way?
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe he's just resisting more effectively and it's taking all his exertions to like keep his walls up. I think is maybe what we're what we're seeing. But you know what, again, I would imagine they'll go to Gail, who has this kind of bursioning alliance with Demarzelle, maybe to face down the mute rule. Although we are again are left also with the feeling that demarzl maybe kind of wants the Mule to blow it all up.
Speaker 2: It's kind of behind all the chaos.
Speaker 1: Maybe behind yes, maybe behind this entire thing.
Speaker 2: I suppose we'll see.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. On the next episode of xtra Vision, We're continuing our coverage of Alien Earth. It's the biggest episode nex you're listening. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast. Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Klefman. Our supervising producer is Abuzafar. Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Bai Wag. A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman. Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi Our discorded moderate though