Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to ook F Daily with me your Girl Daniel Moody. Pre recorded from the Long Island Bunker. Folks, I am taking a bit of a respite as things begin to heat up even more in this election cycle, so it is really important to take breaks when I can, But as always I will leave you with great episodes and guests that will keep you know, our wheels turn in and keep the conversation going. And today I am so excited to welcome back on to OKF my friend and co host of Democracy Ishaha hot Al Li Wash and I get into a conversation about how race and racism are playing in this election and how the mainstream corporate media continues to fuck fail because that's what they do well. And we also talk about our predictions on how this cycle is going to go and what is signaling to us where the wind is. That conversation is coming up next, folks. Whenever I have the opportunity to get a hold of my dear co host of Democracy ish juajahat Ali and bring him over to WOKF, I am always thrilled. You know him as an author of Go Back to Where You Came From, which is pretty much you know, the Maga mantra. So waj let's start off today. For the last two weeks or so, we have actually had good news since the switch up in the presidential race. Kamala Harris is really just riding on a wave of energy right now. We saw it coming out of her rally in Atlanta. We're watching it with a dozen phone calls every single week, organized calls to get people to donate from you know, all different demographic groups. But Donald Trump still is starved for attention, and the media loves to give it to him, even when it's bad media. So I want to get your reactions first to when he appeared at the National Association of Black Journalists, the disrespect, the misogyny, the racism, but then the headlines that came after that, which was again centering Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I will gladly answer that question, but first you have to tell me when you turned black, Danielle.
Speaker 1: I thought I would imagine the Earth, but I think, like the Hulk or like Spider Man, there must have been some incident that happened.
Speaker 2: Well, there a black spider that beat you at puberty, and then all of a sudden, your blackness got activated. That's probably what happened to Kamala because apparently, even though she was the daughter of an Indian woman and a black man, and even though for the rest of us who've been following her career, because you know, I'm born, raised in the Bayry, California, moved here to Virginia ten years ago from my wife because I'm married up, all of us knew she claimed black Indian. All of us knew that her mother was Indian. All of us saw her migdozas with Mindy Kaling. All of us are aware because maybe we grew up in the Bay Area, this magical unicorn fantasy land where there's a lot of biracial folk that you can claim two identities and be celebrated as such and still be black, to the point where, if you're Kamala Harris, you go to historically black college Howard and pledge at a black sorority, you know, and also wear Saudi's and eat you know, rice with your hands, and you know you have a niece, Mina who also wears Saudis and claims all these different identities. Look what it shows is the following. And I'm going to say this very slowly because I'm about to drop a huge, huge, verbal hammers. It's going to be very very, you know, controversial. Donald Trump is a racist.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for nine years, but folks, I think I've seen enough. He is a racist. When you act like a racist, behave like a racist, talk like a racist, engage in racist behavior. Support racists are endorsed by racists, have thirty years of a brilliant racist track record. Maybe, just maybe you are a racist. And what infuriates me is in the year twenty twenty four of our lord, who is white, very white. Apparently, corporate media has been incapable and unwilling to confront reality and say the truth for sake of maintaining a bullshit fantasy of both sides and an asymmetry where they have lowered the bar for Donald Trump and Omega and now the bar is in hell in order to whitewash his sins and somehow make him presentable. This is who he has always been. Danielle and I saw that thirty five minute press conference shit show, which was supposed to last an hour, but then his drum campaign was like, no, this is a disastrous I saw it. Lie. I was not shocked because I expected this, Danielle. You and I talked about this. This is who he is. He survived an assassination attempt, and you know, before I hand the baton back to you, you and I kept saying he will not change. In many of our colleagues who said that he was serene, pensive, a unifier. You need to resign. You have money, you come from money, you have access to money. Resign. This job isn't for you. You're not built for this. You're not made for this. Go do something else. This is who he is, Danielle. This is who he has always been. But the differences, and I think this is the pivot. This the year is twenty twenty four. We're not gonna sit there and allow you to mock and ridicule and shame a black person like you did Obama comedy. Harris isn't gonna give you her birth certificate like Obama had to, which is so friggin' humiliating to this day I think about it. It makes me so pissed off. We're not here for it. That's the past. We're moving forward. And Kamala Harris that she did exactly. She goes, I'm not wasting my time because, as Tony Morrison says, racism is a distrastraction, and she says, I don't have time for this. We're moving forward. So that's the pivot, and I think that's where we are. And I think this week in particular, which is felt like a year with Kamala Harris saying say to my face, with Megan the stallion, with that energy and momentum compared and contrasted to this. If she wins, there's still a long time to go, folks, Right, this will be the pivot moment in my opinion. I'm sorry, I had a lot to say.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think that it's right. I think that Look, the mainstream media is still stuck in this place that doesn't exist, like you said, the both sides ism, this idea that like, oh, we have to give the mic and headlines to each group, which they don't do equally regardless. Right, So what made me really pissed off, even though the Washington Post has since, you know, as you said, change their headline is that when a person of color is attacked by a racist, somehow it becomes a pivotal moment for us, Like, how does that even make sense?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna quote the headline. This was the headline yesterday, folks. I caught it before it trended and they changed the headline. Me and a few others jumped on immediately. It was the following I'm not making this up after everything that we just said. This is how Washington Post ran with that batchit crazy racist, unhinged Trump rant and humiliation. I should add of the black women who were moderating the panel, this is quote. Harris faces a pivotal moment as Trump questions her identity. The first black and Asian woman to be a major party presidential nominie, confronts her opponent's comments that she quote became a black person.
Speaker 1: It is just I mean you, honestly, you can't make this shut up, like you really can't. And for somebody to have written thatdline and said, oh yeah, we're gonna run with this because now he's a racist. But she needs to be on the defensive to somehow defend her identity, which she has talked about ad nauseum when she was ag when she's a senator, when she's a vice president of the United States, like this is not news. And the fact that Donald Trump and white supremacists can't allow people to hold multiple identities right at one time. Again, is just the narrowness and the ignorance of their entire movement, right Like he thought that in that moment that he had a yogatcha moment where what he's going to try and pin the Indian population against the black population because we don't all know that we can embody multiple identities at one time.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what New York Times did before they changed it? This was the New York Times before they updated it. Here we go, Trump says, Harris quote became a black person only recently. That was what they led with, and then they finally had to change it. They change it finally to this, Trump falsely questions Harris's identity as a black woman. We're recording this on Thursday, and they still haven't used the r word racist. And I want to tell everyone, I've tweeted this three times now, and even before I just jumped on your show, I tweeted again. I said, friends and colleagues in corporate media, the water is warm, jump in join me and Danielle. You can call him racist. You can use the racist word.
Speaker 1: You can racially changed, not racially highlighted, not racially shaded.
Speaker 2: Just racist racial flareup. Remember that one. It's like herpes, it just flaw. Just what's the medicine for racial flarup? It's interesting, I have to wash cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever it is, it's white, and whatever it is, it involves a hood.
Speaker 2: Okay, I say this is speaking of a hood. Scott Jennings, the human Abiba on CNN, who's now the resident token right wing guy, even he admitted yesterday, almost couting of verbatim, that Donald Trump craped the bed and he has to change the sheets. And I said, yep, those sheets will still be white with holes and it'll be worn as a hood.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable other than Amber Rose, who watched that interview and said that she thought it was amazing and that he did such a great job. And then everybody's just like, were you watching the same interview the rest of us did, like on Planet Earth or no, I want to get your thoughts was on. We see what the media is doing, right, We actually see that us calling them out in social media is showing signs of working with the pivots that they're making. Yeah, but their initial desire to just go with Trump and lean into racism. Seems to not have changed or pivoted at all since two thousand and eight with birtherism till now birthaism wash was sixteen years ago. Sixteen years years ago is when Donald Trump became the face of birtherism, and the media still hasn't learned shit.
Speaker 2: Not just even birtherism. If you remember, I'm going to New York Times a couple of years ago did a profile of the Tea Party, I think the tenth anniversary of the Tea Party, and if you recall, they had to update the content in the article because they initially did not include the tea parties racism, which was a fundamental part of the Tea Party that you you know. I remember when I was asked about on NPR years ago, I mentioned this. I said, you know, because I was researching it and plus you know, I have eyes, and I was like, this is the fundamental part of it. And the Republican was brought on and goes, we're not against Obama because there's just a few of us. I'm like, no, this is part and parcel of the unquote economic anxiety that has riled up the quote unquote cultural anxiety of the Tea Party that later became what MAGA, that later what took over the Republican Party. And speaking of economic anxiety, Danielle, let's take it back to twenty sixteen. Oh no, no, no, it wasn't racism. It was the economic anxiety of these blue collar workers in the rust belt. Right, And so okay, let's say, maybe you are allowed to be fooled by that narrative. I get it. Even though all the data, folks, and all the studies, numerous studies have shown it's important to mention this. It was wait for it, cultural anxiety that made Barack Obama voters turn to Trump, the fear of being wait for it replaced by people who look like me and Danielle. All right, so let's fast forward. Let's be generous. It's no longer twenty sixteen, Danielle, it is twenty twenty four. Donald told white supremacists to stand back and stand by. He dined with Nick Fuentez, a white supremacist to this day has refused to condemn him. Says that black people come from shithole countries. Why can't people come from Norway? I've been to Norway, great country. White as hell, it's so white it made my teeth white. So he's a person who just last night, yet again, called Chuck Schumer a Palestinian, used Palestinian as a slur against a Jewish a senator. Right, he's a person who said Kung flu in China flu, which inspired hate against Asian Americans, innocent Asian Americans who were just walking by. But people said Jim a punch of the face killed. Right. Misogynist mocked black journalist, mocked black cities, you know, chaos, urban crime, told women of color, the squad congressman of color to go back to their country even though they're US congressman. This is just the top of my head, Danielle. I didn't prepare for this. This is just me keeping receipts. And then, as you said yesterday thirty five minutes off the bat mocks, ridicules, humiliates a Rachel Scott ABC News anchor who did a great job under fire. She was put in a terrible position, calls and news, fake news, mocks. DII Hires says Kamala turned black, lied about being the best president for black people since Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I think he's freed the slaves. Oh yeah, and then also LBJ did something called the Civil Rights Act. But what do I know, I'm just a DEI hire. And so Danielle like, I'm sitting here thinking to myself after all of this and quoting Hitler, what look, does he need to wear a hood?
Speaker 3: He needs to wear a hood.
Speaker 1: He needs to wear a hood, and he needs to self identify as a racist. Just how Josh Hawley self identified as a Christian nationalist. And then it's like, oh, I'm a Christian nationalist because he says so It's like, it doesn't the evidence that you just laid out is decades long, right, that was off the dome. He has all but he has all but used the N word, right, and that is their barometer for finally called I don't know if journalists have ever have ever called anybody a racist that is a race that wasn't like directly involved in the klu Klux Klan or the White Citizens Council in the nineteen sixties. And so it's always like, well, we don't really know what's inside their hearts, and I'm like, but I know what's coming out of his fucking mouth, right, So if I know what's coming out of his mouth? Then I have listening ears, Then what am I supposed to to doce from the evidence that is presented, your.
Speaker 2: Ears are better than Donald who couldn't listen. Apparently yesterday at the NEABJ, you know, I asked my wife, who's a doctor, is there a racist bone, because again I'm just a DEI hire and a recovering attorney and she's a doctor. And she said, there is not a racist bone in the body. And then I asked my brother in law, who's a cardiologist, and I said, is there something as a racist aorta or a racist vein in the heart? And he said no. So again, Danielle, I don't know about people's hearts. I'm not Ben Carson. I don't know about racist bones. I judge people by their repeated behaviors and actions. And what did Maya Angelous say?
Speaker 3: When people show you they are, believe them. So I'm not quite sure what else mainstream corporate media needs to see. But I'm pretty sure and this is my theory. Wah.
Speaker 1: I know that the road ahead to the election is one that is going to be filled with obstacles. I know that people are feeling excited now, but momentum, you know, ebbs and flows, and I hope that we can persist. I hope that these organizing calls and the volunteerism like continues at a fever pitch, and these endorsements continue to roll in in the way that they are. But I think that Donald Trump is going to have a fucking meltdown. I think that what is going to happen, and what has already begun to happen, is that he's losing the attention from the media, is losing the spotlight. The poll numbers are showing that the gaps are being closed, and the thought and the idea of him losing to this black woman mm hmm on the national stage, I think is going to send him into the types of tie raids that like we haven't really seen yet. Like I think he's gonna let it all hang out before the election.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think that's in astute observation, because look, just look at this list lot this week. Right, he realizes Kamalize now either tied or advanced in the polls. He realizes the pick of JD. Vance, who loves couches, has been disastrous. He's got JD. Vance has the lowest favorability of any VP candidate in our lifetime. He's actually gone from like negative three to negative fifteen, which means in one week he's gone even worse. And so he realizes, I've lost the momentum. I picked this friggin lump of coal as my VP. I don't have the energy. I thought I could ride my bandaged ear to the presidency after I sat there and the honestly, that's what he thought. I survived in an assassination attempt. I got up, I said fight, I'm against old man Biden's I could golf, and now he's like, crap, I have to actually work and I have to go to the rallies. And this is where Republicans on the DL are horrified. And the reason why they're horrified is they realize the more Donald speaks, the more people remember how and who he is, and the fact that he's not agile. He cannot evolve, he cannot pivot. He's like an eighties band who has one He's a one hit wonder.
Speaker 3: One hit hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so is he changed no? Can he change no? Has he ever changed? No? And now he's older, and now you have this dynamic, attractive, energetic black Indian woman who smiles and mocks him and wears a blue pastel power suit and has got Megan the stallion and now has a momentum and has zoom calls that are raising more money than actual fundraisers. And he's slipping now in Arizona and Nevada and North Carolina is in play, and there's a sentencing coming up, and he realizes he peaked. He'll never have that glorious week where Biden leffed up in the debates and there was a mutiny and there were calls for him to dropout, and he's survived in an assassination attempt and he had the photopos and he had the RNC. That's all gone, Danielle, that's all gone. He has peaked, and he has plateaued. And I think he's sinking, especially with the sentencing coming up and well the hearing and guess what, folks, Kamala Harris has not chosen her VP and has not had the DNC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to be honest, we haven't started. Look, I think that Donald Trump doesn't rise again. And I think that because of that, I think that he sinks to New lows and I don't know. I mean, look, his scapins are going to be sick offense, his cult followers are going to be his cult followers. But what I do know is that you need more than that to win an election. The last question I want to ask you, though, this came from one of my followers who said that she really thinks that because the energy and the vibe has shifted, that Republicans are going to shift towards criminality even more in terms of stealing this election. What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: Two things as we move forward, Three things. First to all going to your points. Number one, Trump will triple down on the racism. He has nothing left. And after the NABJ conference, I want to remind people that the entire Trump campaign thought this would be the winning ticket, and they mocked her at his rally and they had a big poster of her on the screen headline first Indian American Senator wins and they thought, ah see you, we'll get her. So they going to change, Daniel, It's going to get more nasty, more ugly, more racist. Number two, I agree with you. We're dealing with a violent insurrection which has never ended, and the first coup attempt was a dress rehearsal. Expect them to get more desperate, more nasty, more ugly, more criminal, more violent. And number three though, and this is where I think is the positive pivot as of this recording. Just about two hours ago, the former Republican governor of Illinois just formally endorsed Kamala Harris. You have seen CEOs more CEOs come out this week endorsing Kamala Harris. You saw President Biden and Kamala Harris in a historic active diplomacy work with several nations to release sixteen prisoners. Not just there were four Americans, three Americans and is one with the green card, but there were Germans there and Russian dissidents. And so that to me, Danielle, the fact that Putin gave Biden that win and Harris that win, because the reporting has come out that the Biden administration said Kamala Harris was pivotal in this, That to me is Putin saying Donald, you are no longer my reek. I think you're gonna lose because Donald kept saying alone, I'm gonna be doing it. And if Putin really wanted to help Donald, he would have waited.
Speaker 3: He would have waited yep.
Speaker 2: And so that to me is a sign. All these are signs that people kind of know where the wind is and they're like, I think people are done with Donald But look, folks, this election is gonna come down to six states, yep, and it's gonna be it's it's scary, Like, I think she's gonna win the popular vote, Democrats win the popular vote. I think it's gonna be historic turnout. You don't know. It literally comes down to six to the point where if Trump wins Pennsylvania, there are several paths to victory, but it becomes dicey. If he loses Pennsylvania, his path becomes very hard. That's literally it's like down to three states, folks. That's that's how absurd it is so pedal to the medal.
Speaker 1: Well, my friend Waja hot Dei Ali, thank you so much for making the time for me and wok F always appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Dei's unite. Maybe one day, one day will earn our place.
Speaker 1: Maybe one day that is it for me today, dear friends on wok F as always power to the people and to all the people.
Speaker 3: Power, get woke and stay woke, as fuck