Speaker 1: Want to go today. How does that shit with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't I don't really want to comment on it much. I'll probably just keep it in house. That's all I say about it.
Speaker 1: But on Sunday, you see, we're one of the many people except you had to went out and that every dame was a playoff game. How do you respond to what just happened?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it sucks, you know, because that was true. We did have to win out, you know, and we didn't do enough to win today. You know, I don't know what the what that looks like going forward with the playoff hopes and everything. But regardless, you know, you have everything to play for every time you go out there on Sunday Thursdays. It doesn't matter. You know, you gotta go out there and fight every single time you go. You go out there.
Speaker 1: I like to have Drake back in there with you.
Speaker 2: It meant everything, you know, we shared a moment before we went out and through the tunnel, everything that he's gone through and his journey was rehab and thinking about that moment in the super Bowl and being able to finally go out there and be with him again, it meant everything, and he looked like like Drake Greenlaw from the moment we uh we.
Speaker 1: Started time for the moment you guys shared ahead of the game, during the game, when you guys were making plays around off the helmets and and just hyping each other up, and it seemed like it was just a lot of momentum on the defensive side of the ball. Him going out later and because of the soreness and the fatigue, did that take some of that momentum off of the field, Just his presence not being out there and not being able to rally the guys.
Speaker 2: Uh. I mean, you know, I think for the most part, obviously we want him out there the entire game, but he was. He was on a pitch count and everything. I'm proud of the way the guys fought. I think we had opportunities to take the ball away help our team to win the game. We just didn't capitalize on those. Uh. I think if we come away with those, then we we obviously give our our team a better chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: Pretty surprised to let play at for not having played in ten months, not at all.
Speaker 2: I wish, I wish I could say I was surprised, but this dude has always been a freaking nature and that in that aspect of just I mean, even when he tours a killes you usually you get that atrophy in the calf, and I mean his calves always look the same, you know, all the way through till now. So he's just one of those one of those type of guys when.
Speaker 3: I've talked about specifically. But when something like this happens, do you the leaders have to rally or do you just know the locker room is fine?
Speaker 2: Still in terms of losing the game, Calandre not wine. Like I said, I'll keep that in house.
Speaker 3: Run defense was so good until about the last couple of drives.
Speaker 2: What change, you know? I think, especially in that last drive where we needed to get off the field and give our offense the ball back right away, we just it just seemed like we were on discipline with honestly, not even the run game. It was more like the boots and the play actions that they started to drive out with. And then you know, obviously when you're now thinking about that and the run game stuff kind of opens up a little more. So I wish we could have been a little bit more disciplined in that in that aspect, that's right, that's just.
Speaker 3: I don't know, big make sure, like maybe it's too soon, but like what what happened this season, this is should be a six and eight team.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'll probably talk about it more when the season ends, but you know, I think we just it was the story of the of the year, just not not doing enough to win games, not playing complimentary, not you know, just just coming up a little, a little too short, you know.
Speaker 3: So Ransom unite. You guys have so many good things have happened for you against them, just seem odd that they're the team now that has you in this state based.
Speaker 1: On the two games you play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's just two games. Honestly, I know they had that one at the end of the year last year, but uh, you know, that's that's how the division goes. You know, teams adapt, you know, and uh, it was a it was a hard it wasn't It was a hard faught battle all the way through. They scored forty four points last week against a really good Bills team, and we held them to what twelve points today? You know what I'm saying. So, and I'm not putting that solely on the offense at all. Like I said, we had opportunities to take the ball away. Their team took the ball away one time. We didn't. You know, there's things to be proud of, there's things to look at and be like, man, if only we did X y Z. So yeah, you know, they got the best of us today.
Speaker 1: Harder than training camp with the injuries. And I know injuries are part of the game. You guys are created throughout the season, but did it seem like there was a domino that fall really kind of was demoralizing that you guys kind of weren't able to kind of rally and come into stack games because you have, you had flashes throughout the season, but that ability to kind of consecutively stack games, it's not been there. Has it been like something just missing?
Speaker 2: No? I mean it's it's hard to say, you know, And like I said, I'm not really in a state to kind of look over the entire entirety of the season, and it's kind of being in the moment. We didn't do enough to win tonight's game. That's that's all comes down to.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I know I had that that scared the beginning just kind of got my foot caught in the ground and came out for one play, but that was it.
Speaker 2: A essay, mm hmm