Speaker 1: Yellow, Andrew, are you really trying to pretend like you're wearing a different shirt right now? What? Hey, it's all the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all a dream.
Speaker 1: You're like, Okay, it's like Scooby Doo and I got you.
Speaker 2: Yes, those meddling kids. Yeah. Hey, welcome to serial Killers and welcome to twenty twenty five. Wow, it's a new year and a new you, Andrew, and a new year. Okay, yep, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't make resolutions.
Speaker 2: I try not to because they're just disappointing. Okay, what I'm going to lose ten pounds Okay, lost at game back twenty I mean, like what it's like, great? Great, so cool? Okay. I mean I always I'm constantly trying to better myself, but I'm not going to set goals that it may or may not be achievable. Well, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean a resolution can be a lot of things. It's not it's you don't have to like you're always changing. It's just, you know, as long as you're trying to be a better person.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: I'm always I'm just trying to be a good guy. Great, it's all I can do in life and you're winning.
Speaker 2: You know. Well Okay, hey, uh you want to eat some new cereal Andrew?
Speaker 1: Sure, that's why I'm here.
Speaker 2: It's new. Like I need to bulk up a little bit, you know, so what I need protein?
Speaker 1: Are you getting into body building? No?
Speaker 2: But I need protein prote I have been running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I just signed up for another five k I love that.
Speaker 1: I'll do one with you soon. I would love for you to do them. Just send it melt.
Speaker 2: You're not coming along island, dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can you do one closer to me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I like the one in Brooklyn where they give you hot chocolate afterwards.
Speaker 2: No. I just getting there.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, but me getting there?
Speaker 2: But parking lots, there's there, don't exist in the parking didn't know there's no does not? Well? Suburbs, please suburbs. Okay, maybe I'll come to New Jersey. Okay, Yeah, remember I remember when we had that lunch like last week. That was nice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was such a great time, such a fun time. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it wasn't too fu fushishi. I was promised it wasn't gonna be all like, well, let me tell you something expensive.
Speaker 1: Montclair, so everything that we didn't go yet, to be honest with you, that's supposed to be next Monday. We're recording this way before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited, Mike go, I'm really excited. Mont Claire is very sishi and I've been there. I know what Montclair is.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you went.
Speaker 2: I mean it's been a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much it changed in the past fifteen twenty.
Speaker 2: No, it's pretty much the same, she shiness. Do you know how much its changes. Jewelry stores, I get it expensive. Is this like the Roaring twenties?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had a couple of nice, fancy jewelry stores there. See. Yeah, I had to bring my gold bos, bring them to the bring them to the bank. See.
Speaker 2: I know what Montclair, New Jersey is, Dude, it's but it got really nice.
Speaker 1: They have all these really fan It was nice.
Speaker 2: But it got car is right there on Main Street, Caustier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I buy my lady, get a little sub thing.
Speaker 2: Can we eat?
Speaker 1: I just really can't believe the first thing you went to with rich Town is they have jewelry store.
Speaker 2: No expensive jewelry store.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, not every business. Every kiss does not begin with K.
Speaker 1: There, let me tell you something you need. You know, it's fancy when they have the coffee shops that have like fancy coffee shops. And also just paper stores. If they have a paper store, that's like, oh, we made this with like honey or milk or something like they have really rich paper stores.
Speaker 2: Are they making stationary now with Farmland Fresh Sairy's milk? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You never know?
Speaker 2: Wow, looking at because the next seeria that we're doing, I know they're just two flavors and I want to get it right, but I can't find it. Oh there it is, Oh strawberry. Okay, So anyway, look new for twenty twenty five Andrew Cheerio's protein cereal. Wow in most stores now, So this is cinnamon. They also have a strawberry one. As I just looked up, it appears as if they had one back in the day because I see an old looking box, but I don't recall. Ye, the logo looks very old, that one on that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, the way they write protein on this also looks old.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really love that fun my choice of graphic design for sure. I don't know who Biff must have. They had to. Maybe it was a rough year for them in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I've never seen Look how big they wrote cereal. It's really weird.
Speaker 1: That is very weird.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what they have to do.
Speaker 2: Now there are eight grams of protein preserving. Is that good? I guess at one hundred and fifty calorias fort racion de one Tazah, that's a cup. Okay, yeah, you know me and my Spanish dayna Senor Andrew.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Mucca's Bibliotecas Scott.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are a lot of libraries Andrew.
Speaker 1: See, Oh that smells pretty nice. It's just a cinnamon cheerio.
Speaker 2: Well was like a big shop on Main Street in Montclair, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that one cinnamon bun is gonna cost you twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah right it is. Now, these o's are small, okay, these are smaller than your traditional cheerios. Andrew. I don't know if you could tell that, but I see that right off the bat. Can you see?
Speaker 1: Are you like good? You're moving very fast?
Speaker 2: Oh you know, we had a lot of sugar in the last up.
Speaker 1: I didn't I threw up right, Look at those o's.
Speaker 2: They're a little bit thicker, and they're certainly smaller.
Speaker 1: They're babyish.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm gonna go back to the Formula Fresh Airies fridge and grab some reduced fat two percent organic milk. My favorite on the line.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, you have always the Formula Fresh Dairies two percent organic.
Speaker 2: When we go visit, I'm going right to the cow with the otters that has two percent organic. Yep. Cool. Yeah, I was a hello cow face.
Speaker 1: Gifts spoons, Yeah, I guess where over here?
Speaker 2: There you go spoons.
Speaker 1: Day nada wine.
Speaker 2: It smells nice. It smells like smells like cinnamon cheery a bakery roll. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's the apple cinnamon. Juriors are that the apple.
Speaker 2: Taste the protein makes it taste a little different. I don't taste the protein, but I don't your your run of the mill typical cheerio for I do. I don't.
Speaker 1: This really is just a cinnamon cheerio. I'm gonna give this four balls. I like it really, Yeah, I don't find anything offensive about it. It's there's no there's a different taste to it, though, I don't think so. But that's just me. That's me.
Speaker 2: It almost has one of those healthy down the end of the aisle cereal tastes.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting that.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I'm gonna give the three bows in his poom. I did buy this, by the way, Oh nice. This was not provided gratis of General Mills. I purchased it, thank you, Scott. Guess how much that box was? Eight dollars close? Seven?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: That's insane. Yeah, it wasn't even on sale. I bought it for the sake of this show and our success.
Speaker 1: Your commitment to this show truly knows no balance.
Speaker 2: What have you done for us lately?
Speaker 1: Pay for the video subscription okay? And the speaker subscription so people could listen to it.
Speaker 2: That's cool, thank you? Well, come see we worked well together. Yeap. One day we'll have to audit the books though, and see who spends more. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna audit the books.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, sounds good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So h next up, we have just another store brand Cereal.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, would you like Trader Joe's or would you like Shop Right? What do you want first? I'll let you choose Shop Shop Right. Perfect. I was gonna do that anyway, because the Trader Joe's is the sweeter of the two, and we liked to end on a sweet note.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. I'll just I'll mention it when we talk about the Trader Joe's. But they have a caesar dip. Now, actually, I'll just go into it.
Speaker 2: They have a so should I switch?
Speaker 1: No? No, they have a caesar salad dip and it is phenomenal. It's like a caesar salad. And if you have Peta chips it literally, Oh it's so good.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Go get it if you're at a Trader jose.
Speaker 2: So this is bowl and basket. It's a shop right brand. This is basically their brand. Now this is Crispy Rice. So this is going to be your fake rice Crispies even though the little they look like pebbles, puffs, they look like pebbles. Actually on the box they.
Speaker 1: Look like pebbles. They they look like pebbles.
Speaker 2: Now it says toasted rice cereal. Then it says no article rcial colors or flavors. But there's an X next to it. Does that? Does that like cancel it out? I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why why is there an ex quality assured? Also? What is she doing.
Speaker 2: Is she playing lacrosse? I think she's a lacrosse player. Lacrosse is very regional, you know. I think lots of parts of the country are like, what's lacrosse?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do? Oh okay, like yeah, just like Diamond thought that it was rugby. Did you hear that story?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were in Penn Station at the at the Dose Dorito place or whatever. The taco place in fen Station is, oh those locals whatever. Yeah, And there was someone in there with a stick, and Diamond talks to everybody, which is gonna get us killed one day, and she's like, oh, coming in for rugby, and they looked at her like seven heads and and they're like, no, it's lacrosse. So but yeah, so that's a lacrossetic. And what's her name?
Speaker 1: Her name is Bucky?
Speaker 2: I think so. Is she a beaver?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You think so. I think she's a chipmunk.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh okay, well how do you think that?
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I think she's a chipmunk.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we don't know because of her tail, right, can't see the tail.
Speaker 2: And she's wearing gloves, which is good.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's the back of the box looklike m is she doing it?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I thought that was a pile of poop. Oh yeah that actually yeah, that's a beehive and an empire state building and a dirty foot and uh, weird graphic. Who drew them? You know what kids might have? I don't want to be mean.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I had that issue last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to code the pictures and find the missing state nicknames.
Speaker 1: Oh but let's just do it.
Speaker 2: How don't we just eat it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That sounds good. Okay, Yeah, these graphics are weird. Also, I think she's a beaver, bucky beaver okay, and she definitely.
Speaker 2: Is Boosies what you know? So those are videos people that go to BUCkies but they don't have how to pronounce it, probably and they go boosies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I want to go back to a BUCkies. I love BUCkies.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now that smells like nothing really Yeah, that smells like it's borderline offensive. Yeah, plain, I mean they sound like rice crispies as they pour. They don't really look like rice crispies much. They're more flatter, flatter. Yeah, so we'll get some Farmland Fresh Dairies two percent reduced fat organic milk back for twenty twenty five. Are good friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies. That's my spoon. Yes, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you moved the next to each other.
Speaker 2: But yes, okay, all right, hold on, hold on, sh.
Speaker 1: Oh she's crackling quite quiet. Oh yeah, that was showing waves.
Speaker 2: They are snack crack. Oh no, sorry, they are pop No, no they are. They can't pop or snap or crackle. They're they're quinkling.
Speaker 3: Boop boop, uh crinkle and crackle? Sure no, oh no, crackle? What I got stuck in a drug? That's funny. Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: They don't really taste like rice crispies. They don't have much taste at all. I just taste the milk really.
Speaker 1: Tastes like oddly buttery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not a fan, sorry, Bucky, and my back is not to pull a you. But I think I have spasms.
Speaker 2: Now that's cool. Yeah, I give it three balls. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I might have to go to the hospital after this.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of rice crispies, I would not buy this to replace I would not either. I don't This is a different but a different kind of serious.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, so I give this two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: Sorry Joel, Who's oh cereal squirrel, secret squirrel? Yeah yeah, I hear big things from Joel in twenty twenty five. Oh, really very excited.
Speaker 1: He's predicting a bountiful harvest.
Speaker 2: He's got lots on the horizon.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping he'll hook me up with the General Mills Rep again. Remember that years ago he pulled me into the back room and he gave us those boxes that were unmarked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, you really hit me in the back.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a picture from the hospital just like you did, all right me. Yeah, it's never funny to hurt people.
Speaker 2: It's not. Oh okay, being serious?
Speaker 1: When I told you that I had stomachecies and then the Trivia IV.
Speaker 2: Wow, we'll be back right after this and we're back. Wow. You know we didn't even play an open for this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, people know it's Serial Killers. Welcome.
Speaker 2: It's the show where we rate and review cereals and we think inside the box. I think it's so great. You never liked that and you know what. I've come around to it. But it makes sense, okay, right, because everyone's thinking outside the box, but we're thinking inside because that's where.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, you know, yeah, I totally see that.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's roll down the block a little bit to Trader.
Speaker 1: Joe's down the block.
Speaker 2: Well, the Trader jose is always down the block from the shop, right, They're never in the same shopping center right by me. There's a shop right in one corner, and the Trader Jos is on the right across the street. It's Trader Does is more of a specialty store. It is mostly their own brand and for the most dip, if you see it, go buy it. It's delicious and it's some kind of like like wintertime mix that my daughter asked me. She's like, you got to buy it before they stop selling it for the season. I forget what it's called.
Speaker 1: You have these supermarkets now, well, the trendy shishi ones. I feel like a Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: I can say, like the ones in Montclair.
Speaker 1: They do have Joe's there.
Speaker 2: I bet they probably got a King's and they do have a King's.
Speaker 1: Kings is like the boogie boogie. Yeah, and then there's Arawuan in La. When I go, because I'm going to be going soon, I will check to see if I could buy some super expensive cereal for us. No, I mean every cereal is super expensive. Now, Well, arawan is like Arawan. Yes, you've never heard. Your daughters have heard of arawon if they if you ever go back to La with them, they will make you go there. I've heard there's like two or three of them. It is like she is, like, you'll get a shake that'll cost twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't like shishi.
Speaker 1: I know you don't. I don't send every man.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hang out with you.
Speaker 1: Just give me my good old Walmart and a pickup.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hang out with people that are Sheshi and.
Speaker 1: Then me crack open a light beer because I can only have two of them.
Speaker 2: You can't sam, that's right, follow my nose. It always knows. You don't even know what that is?
Speaker 1: That's too, can't sam? Huh which I you us said it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What brand makes it?
Speaker 1: That's General Mills.
Speaker 2: You're fired, that's posts you're so fired. That is here's that you've never been more fired? That is uh really fruits holy cow.
Speaker 1: You know sometimes the blank out.
Speaker 2: You should be so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I blanked out. You really should be you should be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: You should be embarrassed.
Speaker 1: You can't up and leave. I agree, I can't even.
Speaker 2: Wow anyway. Trader Joe's, I was there the other day in the big old mess crowd because those stories as well, the stores are pretty small.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, when you go to a Trader Joe's, they need a better system.
Speaker 2: What does the bell ring mean?
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: And we've got two bell rings. I don't know what that. What does it means? I mean superior service or something?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, And it never seems like anything is coordinated. I get very anxious when I'm going up there and then they give you the paper bag. It feels like I'm at like an old timey market.
Speaker 2: Why do they double it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's not necessary. Those bags are pretty strong, truly, is not listen. I like a Trader Joe's, but I would like the checkout process like ten times more. If it was a little more efficient.
Speaker 2: Self checkout would be nice too. I don't think any stores have that.
Speaker 1: No, But I mean that's nice that they're keeping people employed.
Speaker 2: And unless these signs are kind of like handwritten. I don't know if they're really handwritten, but they look handwritten, and I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's gotten a nice touch to It's just the checkout process is a nightmare.
Speaker 2: I got some great meatballs out the other day. They were sampling.
Speaker 1: They have a hot bar.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they were sampling. There was a sampling samples. Oh yeah. I went around three times. I put a mask on every time so they would not know it was me. I'm pretty sure they could see you. No, it was good, like yep. I went in the back room, changed my shirt every time. It was so good.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised what kind.
Speaker 2: It was. Many meatballs, but they were really showcasing their barbecue sauce TJ Barbecue sauce. I bought one and she marked it down at a little book. It was the weirdest thing. It was so like nineteen sixty seven, you know, they're like, oh, try the meatballs. Like I said, the sauce is really good. It's right here, sir. I picked one up, put it in my cart, and she put a check mark in her book. Wow, it goes to show you the sampling works sometimes, as it does, especially if you're Scott and you want a meat Paul, you come back three times, Yeah, Trader, Just like when I just like it. When my dad had the famous Amos store in California and I was standing outside dressed as a cookie holding a plate of cookie sampling. It is there a picture of this, probably somewhere, please get it. And this dude walked around the block three times, and I got scared and I went inside because he kept taking samples. I was like eleven or twelve, I remember, I had gotten scared.
Speaker 1: I can't even think it's so picture that.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, Trader, Joe's crunchy cinnamon square is cereal whole wheat and rice squares dusted with sugar and cinnamon. So this is gonna be your fake cinnamatose crunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, where is it? I gave it to you, didn't pour it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's here, Farmland Fresh areas, two percent produced fat and milk, ultra pasteurized. Man, it's ultra wow. And it is USDA certified organic.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Love it. They have that USDA guy that comes in. I was like, yep, it is and he puts a check in his book, and then they can put the stamp on the cart.
Speaker 1: Whenever I think of it, I think of Napoleon Dynamite when they're doing the cow the milk tasting contest. Yeah, and Adro can always tell what the milk is.
Speaker 2: I voted for him.
Speaker 1: I had that T shirt that was one of my favorite movies growing up. To be honest with you, don't say that.
Speaker 2: Here we go. They look like cinnamon toast crunch. Let's see, they do not taste like cinnamon toast crunch. You are not quite as sweet. There's a slightly burnt flavor, which is not terrible. Actually, it's like when I drive through Queens and they're making something and it smells like corn syrup and I always open the window and breathing really deep because I love this. I love it smell. Okay, why this reminded me of I don't really this is Look, if you're trying to get a cinnamon toast crunch out of this, you're not getting it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But I like the texture, and I definitely taste a little softer. I taste the corn, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, where's their corn?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: There's no corn whole weet and rice squares.
Speaker 2: That's what I meant. But I taste corn. What I don't know. I taste the corn. Maybe that's the wheat. Man, I'm losing my palates, losing it.
Speaker 1: I am not tasting any corn, Okay, but I do like these, and I like the texture. They're a little softer. Yeah, I enjoy the tot crn.
Speaker 2: You're fresh, got them, They're They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give this four bowls.
Speaker 2: I'm not I like that this gets three bowls from me because you're you're teased into the fact that you think it's going to be cinema toast crunch. It is not. Yeah, they did a little bit and switch there.
Speaker 1: If they had a little sample of this, you would have went hmm and probably went on to like a five minute rampant like rant to the poor woman who's checking you out.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all right, but it's not great.
Speaker 1: So you know, okay, so you don't need to take a box. Please go. You know, I do a podcast called Cereal Coach. You could listen to it. I'm part of the Old Store and show. I'm Scott.
Speaker 2: It's funny. See you. I always I'm always like when I'm in the cereal aisle, and because I scan the cereal aisle like at least once a week in multiple stores, and I'm just waiting for someone to say, is there something that can help you find? And I just be like, I'm just trying to find something I haven't tried before, and they say, well, I mean there's plenty of cereals here. No, no, no, no, I've tried all of these, every single one.
Speaker 1: If you see Scott in a grocery store, can you please go up Timson this weekuld end the madness? Please? Someone noticed him and they'll be.
Speaker 2: Like, what do you mean you tried every single one? I'm like, have you heard of serial Killers? It's our podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm an award nominated podcast.
Speaker 2: Hot Scott, Scott B nice to see, Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Former extreme coupon there.
Speaker 2: Would you like to take a picture? Oh my god, you totally would.
Speaker 1: And you'd ham it up too, like here, hold, hold a couple of these boxes my elbow herds.
Speaker 2: Why I don't know something I don't know. I woke up with a bad elbow today.
Speaker 1: You woke up with a bad elbow. Yeah, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it is because it happened. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Welcome to the new year. We hope to have you along for the ride of the entire year. That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That would be fun for listening.
Speaker 2: Love you and thank you to our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies. Follow them on Instagram at Farmland Fresh Dairries. Check us out at serial Killers PC. I want you to say something because I had a burp. Dude like you don't the Ye.
Speaker 1: Can follow me and Andrew Pugg you can follow him at s Scotti b.
Speaker 2: You should just like get me like, like review, subscribe all the fun things for all serial Killers content. And thanks to our buddy Newman who keeps serial killerspc dot com up and going strong. And I don't understand why he doesn't. He doesn't realize that.
Speaker 1: No, no, see that's for you Newman.
Speaker 2: After all this time, he doesn't realize that I'm just being a sarcastic He does, No, I don't. I don't think he was happy with that response I gave him the other week.
Speaker 1: No, trust me. Everyone knows that you're snarky over text, all right, everyone knows.
Speaker 2: Look, sometimes people don't know, and it comes across the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Listen, I've had to tell many people that you're just snarky over text. Right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening, have a wonderful, wonderful week, and we will get you with a ball chat pretty soon. Promise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll hit you up with one.
Speaker 2: We'll hit you up until we see you again. Say crunch, Andrew, Crunch. Nope,