Speaker 1: Call It what It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camil Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello call.
Speaker 2: It crew, and welcome to another episode of Short and Sweet Sweet This is this episode's right up my alley.
Speaker 1: And you know what this one is. This we're getting straight from the uh defunct no longer defunct TikTok. Mmmm, the TikTok trend. This is trending on TikTok, is it? Yeah? Oh, you know you're cool with this. The low energy.
Speaker 2: Hobbies, that's what we're talking about today. What has little to no effort. As you guys know, I love being a little slothy and so give it to me. We asked the crew what they had to say.
Speaker 1: I'm working on being a little more slothy. You're shifting that part of myself and being like, shoot, get back in bed. Yeah, what do you want to what? I did it? The other day? I binged Black Doves with Kiara Knightley. Oh how was it? Oh it's so good? Oh yeah, good for you. Just go bringe some Bob Bravo. That's it. I know I haven't. You're not righty for I'm not ready. I have to work up to it. Yeah. Okay, So nothing is better than a hobby that requires little to no effort, which is something you know about. But there, I think probably perfect when you're tired after your day at work or your day at home working, whatever it is. So we asked the crew if they have any low energy hobbies. Do you do you have any low energy hobbies?
Speaker 2: A low energy hobby?
Speaker 1: No? What is it? Organizing?
Speaker 2: That's not low energy? Jass?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, you're up a moving. Oh I have to like not move like a little.
Speaker 2: It's a little I don't. I think we're gonna see that these Let's go through these and then we'll we'll think about it, because I think you gotta see the vibe.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So Nikki wrote in painting my Nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that you're sitting down chilling painting.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, Sophie listening to an audio book wrapped up in a blanket on the couch with a scented candlelit.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's roll low energy. Yeah, you see, I only listen to audiobooks when I'm doing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what slothy you? Yeah, we gotta sloth you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I need to be sloughed. Okay, Maddie said, crocheting, Oh, I need a point. See that's good low energy, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And very ground. I thought about Kristin Chenna with by the way. We asked her her little what she likes to do to, you know, chill out, and she said basically bedazzling. Yeah, and I've thought a lot about that because I think I could.
Speaker 1: I could be dazzle. Some stuff could be a grade A bedazzler.
Speaker 2: I really do I think I could do that. Yeah, okay, Ruby said, I think my best friend Beth, who is very far away little mini vlogs on Snapchat.
Speaker 1: Is that a hobby?
Speaker 2: Hm, well, she considers it her hobby.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Ruby, Emily says, going on a slow walk and listening to call it what it is.
Speaker 2: I love being.
Speaker 1: I'm envisioning her slow walking, I know, but I love being.
Speaker 2: If we're part of the crew's slothy slothness.
Speaker 1: Slothy slither walk, yeah you're there, that's a win for sure, Julie said.
Speaker 2: Taking care of all the house.
Speaker 1: Plants, well, that feels high energy. Takes some energy to do that.
Speaker 2: But you you throughout organizing as one of your things.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but I'm but I think if I was told that that's too much energy output, okay, house taking care of house plants, I could.
Speaker 2: See it's like a slow I could see it's a slow pour of water. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mela said, I love puzzles, putting the.
Speaker 2: Pieces together with a show or music in the background.
Speaker 1: I like puzzles too.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, don't you love puzzles?
Speaker 1: I do. Josie and I became puzzlers. And when we moved to New York and in the wintertime is a really good time to do puzzles.
Speaker 2: How many peoples like, what's the biggest piece puzzle you do?
Speaker 1: You know that's funny that you should ask. I didn't know that that was important. And the first one I got us was a thousand piece and I was like, hmm hm, I feel like we're going to be successful at this. Did you finish it? And I don't like giving up? So I was in a real pickle. Yeah. I did have to put that one into a court sized ziploc baggie and pied another time for it. And I went to the store promptly and got a three hundred piece puzzle, and that was much more our speed. We've worked up to five hundred now, but oh good for you. That was that was enough to really keep you up at night. Alyssa said, it sounds basic, but just locking in on a really good book. Same girl, same love a good book. I do love a good book. I am due to go and get a new one. Yeah, oh god, I have seventy five hundred. Please after this ask me, Oh my god, I have so many books.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling, you know what. I'm inspired by the crew and they said, they said, a little smut a smutty book.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a little after dark, A little maybe I need a little you know, Sorry Matt, little holiday ruins. Yea, a book, Sorry Matt, Sorry Matt. We can read it together. We can read it together. We'll read passages out loud to each other. Delaney said, napping, I got the no energy hobby. That is, if that counts, then is my favorite. I just I get so much joy from taking a nap. That's awesome. I only ever napped when I was pregnant, and then every once in a while I have to be real tired, but it can happen.
Speaker 2: Do you know the place I can nap the best is trailer yes, yeah, our trailers on set. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: And that was the only place that I ever used to nap. I think I came to it when I was pregnant, and then I definitely carried through when I wasn't just pregnant, but so when we would work, especially if you were in a you know, all day long, let's say, from leaving your house in the morning until getting home at night, was like sometime can be like seventeen eighteen hours. Yeah, and if you have a six am call and lunch is at one and you've got an hour. I used to absolutely feel like one day was from six to one, and then I'd sleep, and then I'd wake up to a whole another day, and I'd make myself a coffee and I'd start the second part of the work day at two until who knows when that's a good way to think about it, but it was like two days and one. I can sleep.
Speaker 2: I can deep sleep so hard on set that I will wake up confuse as to where I am and who I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where scrub And once I was a couple of years in, I felt I guess at home enough to properly outfit. We get we have like queen size beds in our trailer, which it was always like, why is our bed? Like you're not spending the night right? But oh I made that bed up like mine at home, and I had like my down comforter and do vee cover and oh so cozy. I got, you know, my bed.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of fluffy pillows because we used it in the Barbie video and we did this, we did I got a fluffy bed.
Speaker 1: That was a year ago. I was thinking about that. It was almost exactly. Well, first of all, it was a year. It's been a year since we sold the idea of this podcast to iHeart and we sat down with Amy and Danielle to talk about what we wanted to contribute to the podcast world, and here we are year later. And then also a year ago, I was in Los Angeles working on Arizona's return episode. Wow, that's crazy, A years best. Wow. Okay, Allison said, snuggling my dog on the couch A I'm there for it. I love a snuggle on the couch with a dog.
Speaker 2: Mary make desserts. That is not a low energy situation for me.
Speaker 1: That is a high stress, of course it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I just don't like making kitchen stuff.
Speaker 1: I know you just revealed that you want a kitchen aid mixer. I know what. They don't want to do anything with it.
Speaker 2: No, no, I just need to just sit there.
Speaker 1: I'm like Lisa Rewatch Grace. Yeah, baby, Yes, Sharon says, making collages on Pinterest that is very Fun's fair. I don't do it. I've seen it done, though, and I think it looks very fun.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm gonna call that my hobby? I was on Pinterest A small I love to go on Pinterest and look good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep. Because it's fun and it's so organized, it's so aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jen making dirty martinis and conversing with my husband while doing so. Actually, I do like when we're making little cocktails together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cute. I do like that.
Speaker 2: That is I can make a cocktail, but I can't. I don't want to make dinner.
Speaker 1: Maybe said bed rot.
Speaker 2: I mean I do think.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: Embracing your bed rot is actually really good for you.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way that sounds. I don't like the rot part. I know it's a rock. I don't know. It just doesn't It doesn't hit me in the right place.
Speaker 2: No, we gotta rebrand it a bed a bed, yeah, we gotta.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I don't think on this a bedstay a bed, vacation, dcation, vdcation.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, Yeah, the raw is kind of gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Well, but listen, hey, I like being inspired to and learning something new, and that's what I But we did hear a little low energy hobby. Yes, it's been particularly and surprisingly energizing to talk about all this low energy hobby. Yes, and I'm gonna I made some notes. I'm gonna try and work on my low energy game.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be dazzle.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. I might get a kit. Okay, will you be dazzle something for me? Seriously? I might yeah. Okay, christ great, and I'll needle point something for you. I made Luke a belt, but dazzled No, no, my god, can you man? I don't think you'd wear it. No. I needle pointed him a belt. It's really cute, really Yeah. It's got all these different fish on it. That's cute. Yeah, it's very cute. Yeah, all right, let's call it you guys. The end of the episode,