Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong and.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, except we're not actually here. We're home.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope you enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. So I'm going to build a case right now, and I feel like it is pretty damn strong about why, all of a sudden, Like after twenty ten or so, all of us started hearing about these radical ideologies about systemic racism, mer transphobia or transgenderism in general, and you know, all your gender bending madness and your there are.
Speaker 3: Actually a number of variations.
Speaker 4: You should read James Lindsay's and Helen Pluckrose's fabulous books Cynical Theories about the Critical Theory crowd. But everybody started hearing about this all of a sudden, and then it like washed across the landscape like a tide, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: If you were to say, wait a minute, that's cuckoo nuts.
Speaker 4: I'd never even heard this until a year ago, and now you're telling me I have to parrot it.
Speaker 3: Or I lose my job. What the hell are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Thought many many people, some of us set it out loud, some of you weren't in a position to do that. But I've been looking at a bunch of different statistics and they all kind of come together in my head. The first one is a set of graphs, and we'll post these at armstrong and giddy dot com about mentions of terms like racism, racist racists in your big four newspapers New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, in Wall Street Journal, also sexism, sexist and misogyny, and homophobia and homophobic, transphobia, transphobic, islamophobia, islamophobic, and finally anti semitism and anti semitic. I will tell you in advance that that one's not nearly as notable, for reasons which I'll bet.
Speaker 3: You could figure out.
Speaker 4: But so these graphs virtually and they all have little variations, but the overall shape of them are identical, with the exception of the anti semitism one. They kind of burbled along with events at a very low rate through an Oh, I'm sorry I should mention to you that this is who did this pole Oh, I can't see it it's half obscured, but it's they've been doing this poll since or the data went back to nineteen seventy. So anyway, they burbled along with little ups and downs as news occurred in the United States. But then all of a sudden, in like twenty twelve, racism, racists, racist, all those mentions in the big four newspapers skyrocketed to many multiples of what they've been in the past. Interesting, likewise, sexist, sexist, misogyny, as you might guess, transphobic didn't exist.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that one of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but prior to like twenty oh eight, Then in twenty twelve or so, it started to skyrockets. Likewise, islamophobian, islamophobic. This has been going on for so long now. I didn't note that there were much fewer mentions of racist prior to twenty twelve. I didn't perceive that.
Speaker 2: It's been so long. I guess I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the whole Well, generally you had to have racism to call something racist. And I'll skip to the end the conclusion, then i'll back it up. But my conclusion is the critical mass of critical theory infecting our schools and universities which started in the nineteen seventies. I'll spare you the whole history of it, but it achieved a real critical mass in around twenty twenty ten for reasons which we'll get into in a minute. But I remember I read a great editorial to y'all several weeks ago from a professor who said, Hey, I was a professor at that time in the seventies, and we thought, look, if we're going to be an institutional vote and inquiry, we've got to admit these radical leftist professors in who are doing the air anti colonial stuff and critical theory and all the crap that you hear all the time now out of the mouths of your college sophomore just came home unrecognizable to the little girl you'd sent away.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: But then once those people got in, they closed the door behind them and refused to hire anybody but those people. And I just think that critical mass in academia infected media and your social type of majors and just people who tend to think like that around you know, the late two thousands, and then it just exploded because they felt like they had the power to advocate for themselves around twenty ten or so. And again, these graphs are quite striking to look at. I told you i'd back it up. You know that's I'm gonna skip over here, back it up, backing it up totally different meaning ah so, And this is from the invaluable Chris Rufo. But he's been involved in a bit of an online debate about taking the middle ground or trying to be fair blah blah blah universities and where will they get you? And he says, look, there's nothing beautiful about losing in this manner. We've been trying to do that and it's been a miserable failure. And this is from the Carnegie Foundation. They've been doing this polling since the late nineteen sixties. It's the faculty ideology in the United States poll from nineteen sixty nine to twenty twenty two. And just for the sake of the argument, I'm just going to pick out nineteen eighty four, when Reagan was in office, it was about forty percent of faculty called themselves far left liberal, thirty four percent called themselves conservative, far right, and middle of the road was about twenty seven percent. Okay, so it was the liberal but yeah, colleges have always been kind of liberal. Now far left liberal is seventy four percent, middle of the road is fifteen percent, and conservative or far right is just under eleven percent. So again, it's seventy four to twenty five even including middle of the road. And scientists who was looking at this commented that because they dug into the statistics, American university faculty are more likely to identify as socialist than conservative. Wow, it's more than double twenty six percent say I'm a socialist, eleven percent say I'm a conservative. Wow, and conservative only leads March exist by three percent.
Speaker 2: That is something.
Speaker 4: So when I'm ranting about how diseased our education system is, folks, I'm not paranoid. Well, last thing I am is paranoid. I'm an avowed realist. Twice as many.
Speaker 2: Socialists as conservatives on a college campus in the faculty, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: And if you include them a far left liberal, it's seven and a half to one for conservatives. And you got a handful of middle of the road.
Speaker 2: And people who are willing to call themselves Marxists. Probably a lot of those socialists are, but I mean, you're pretty hardcore if you're willing to call yourself a Marxist is almost as many as conservatives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that twenty six percent that are socialists.
Speaker 4: How many of them are actually Marxists, They're just not willing to say it.
Speaker 3: That's actually a really good question.
Speaker 4: And then my final bit of evidence that this is just And again, I know you're busy. I know people don't like to read books, but this is an absolutely well known movement in intellectual circles, and it's been an accumulating weight for the very long for a very long time. And I would suggest I was talking about this yesterday as a guy who studied political movements since I was a kid, and certainly a college student, look at radical political movements and whether there's something you really need to worry about the same way.
Speaker 2: Relate to it.
Speaker 4: The same way you would if you heard somebody say I'll never get cancer, or I don't have to worry about my kid being on drugs, or I don't have to worry about my marriage falling apart because we're solid.
Speaker 3: You would look at that person.
Speaker 4: You'd think, oh, boy, you may be mostly right, but you're being very, very cavalier.
Speaker 3: I would seriously urge you.
Speaker 4: To take an attitude more like that when you look at radical political movement's ability to really pervert what we do here in the United States. Final thing, and this is of all things, in the Wall Street Journal, which is among the best available of the major news websites, which is not to say it's great, but it's, you know.
Speaker 3: One of the best.
Speaker 4: They have a graph they published this the other day that seems to show near parody between left and right wing political violence.
Speaker 3: It was in the Journal.
Speaker 4: It was sourced to the Center for Strategic and International Studies, which by its own admission, reclassified all pro Palestinian violence not as left wing but as ethno nationalist. It classifies all anti Semitism as right wing, and all pro Palestinian attacks on Jewish individuals or institutions are ethno nationalist, which is left off of the right wing left wing little graph. And as this author, who we've quoted many times she writes for the Free Press, points out, this is just nakedly partisan propaganda presented as data and then mainstreamed in the American press. And there's more to her column, but we're kind of out of time, maybe for another day. You know, I think you all know this. We all know this are perceptions of what is happening in the world are so twisted or misfocused by the lens of our mainstream media and education.
Speaker 3: It's funhouse mirror. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to throw it at one point that a lot of the explosion of various things we talked about happened at the same time that smartphones and the internet really got going on all that sort of stuff. That's not a coincidence.
Speaker 4: Number one, as we know, smartphones in the internet, how terrible ideas which were laughed out of every town in America. Enough people came together globally to reinforce each other, and so those terrible ideas grew. The other thing is the smartphone and social media enabled the brutal, hateful policing of anybody who went against them, docsing, ruining people's careers, getting them fired from their jobs for saying, no, there are two sexes, men and women, and you can't change it's impossible, which is self evidently true. But yeah, people's careers were ruined over that. That was part of the cell phone explosion to and.
Speaker 2: You don't have to I mean, we don't guillotine people in the United States. We ruin your life through you know, the whole social media thing, and that keeps a lot of people quiet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's why all of these crazy Marxist progressive theories all launched when they did, is coming together of critical mass in the academy, as they say, and technology. Ask any dog owner who gets serious news from the vet if they wish they could have prevented it in advance, they would have done anything. Of course, not to mention not just the suffering of the dog, but the MRIs specialist medication surgeries that might cost thousands. You want to prevent your dog's ill health when you can. That's what rough Greens is all about. It's live.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of live stuff that you can add to your dog's food, which is really really cool. You can try it for nothing. How about this. All you're gonna pay is a ship and get a free Jumpstar trial bag today cover the shipping when you go to rough green dot com, use a discount code Armstrong. That's are you f f greens dot com.
Speaker 4: Thousands of dogs feeling younger, more energetic, happier and healthier than they have years.
Speaker 3: Your dog could be one of them.
Speaker 4: Again, Roughgreens are you Ffgreens dot com use that discount code Armstrong. You just cover the shipping. Roughgreens dot Com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah more Jack, your show.
Speaker 1: Podcasts and our hot links The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of changing your brain chemistry, this is unbelievable. This is a shocking, shocking story. First of all, it's as if Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, or one of the modern day incarnations one of the good ones of Sherlock Holmes, wrote this. The body lace slumped on a jail floor. Investigators found no evidence of homicides, just a few scraps of rolled up paper singed and scattered on the floor like scorched confetti. For months, inmates had been falling ill at the Cook County Jail in Chicago. Officials said they heard rumors about extremely toxic drugs infiltrating the facility, delivered on something so ordinary that it seemed impossible to stop. Then, when the body appeared, something just clicked, said the head investigator at the jail, whose name is Justin Wilkes. The paper itself must be the culprit and it was deadly. More overdoses soon followed. The next month, February twenty three, another inmate died from smoking paper laced with mysterious new drugs.
Speaker 3: In April another one.
Speaker 4: People were dying so fast, said mister Wilkes, But one of officials at the jail told their law enforcement colleagues about it.
Speaker 3: They said some found it hard to believe.
Speaker 4: By the end of the year, at least six people had died of overdose as many many were sickened, putting the jail at the vanguard of a new kind of drug war rights in New York times, one in which extraordinarily powerful drugs can be invented faster than the authorities can identify them, and where something is ubiquitous as paper can become lethal. The story is fringe chemists are ushering in a total transformation of the illicit drug market. Operating from clandestine labs, they are churning out a dizzying array of synthetic drugs, not only fentanyl, but also hazardous new tranquilizers, stimulants, and complex cannaboids. Sometimes several unknown drugs appear on the streets in a single month.
Speaker 3: Many are so new they are not even illegal.
Speaker 4: Yet nearly all of them are harder to trace than conventional drugs, less expensive to produce, much more potent, and far deadlier, according to scientists and law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Around the globe.
Speaker 4: And the unbridled use of synthetic drugs is as profound for the illicit drug market as television was for radio, or the computer was for the typewriter, scientists say, And it is confounding law enforcement officials all over the world for.
Speaker 2: A lot of obvious reasons. Transport of them would be you could transport so much of it without it'd be very hard to catch.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you send an inmate to a book, a magazine, anything like that, and he knows the pages are saturated with drugs, smokes them. Wow, nearly impossible to stop. And they invent new drugs faster than we can make them illegal. What's seeing right to this? Oh, I'm glad you you asked that question. To do drugs quote unquote is a completely different.
Speaker 3: Proposition than it was.
Speaker 4: And you know, everybody talks about the sixties and seventies or whatever the word has to be, don't do drugs, don't do drugs at all, or only do drugs that you know precisely what they are, and anybody who does the other thing is a fool who will die soon. That's got to be normalized in our society. Like I don't know, you know, it's like don't drink and drive times five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was actually listened to a conversation about this sort of thing yesterday the Dispatch podcast. They were talking about how much gambling there is. They were using March Madness as a kickoff point for how gambling has exploded since we legalized and then how many people's lives it ruined, blah blah blah. And the libertarian issue view is that you just you got to have enough people lose it all, and then society sees that and decides that's a bad road to go down, and that that's the way things work culturally with lots of different bad things for you, and that might be the only way to do it, But man, a lot of people got to lose their kids before you get there exactly.
Speaker 3: That's exactly where I was going to go.
Speaker 4: The thing that bothers me, having read a lot about the sports gambling thing, is that the main victims of that are young males whose frontal cortex whatever that part of your brain that teaches you caution and risk management. It's not fully mature in an eighteen to twenty two year old male, except in very rare instances, which is part of the reason there's such good soldiers. So how strong would a cultural norm have to be before an eighteen year old with a love of thrills and very little sense of caution? How strong did that norm have to be before eighteen year olds wouldn't ruin their lives over and over and over again. Yeah, with either you know, drugs or gambling or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why do we have so much of an appetite for drugs in other countries? If that what I just said.
Speaker 4: Is true, I don't know. I don't know. It could be we're just so affluent. Could be, Yeah, I mean, if you're busting your ass all day long to feed yourself and you don't have much of a welfare state, just.
Speaker 3: What, you're going to be dead immediately? Or here's the question, going to do it?
Speaker 2: AI comes along and nobody has to work. Will that lead to do more drug use or less? A hilarious question, but yes, it's not even close.
Speaker 4: What would happen if a monkey became too smart for its own good. I think we're there. Of course people have thought that before, and here we are, eight billion of us.
Speaker 2: They're not smart enough to wear pants. It was a.
Speaker 4: Metaphor because I meant human beings. What if an ape became too smart for its own I'm talking about humans. Please wear your pants, no matter what breed of primate you are. I lost the thread there I wear.
Speaker 3: And not talking. I know you God.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 3: The arm Strong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 5: We want to make sure that they all get a mention on the show.
Speaker 2: It's time for tonight show sponsors. Do you understand.
Speaker 5: Izemping? Fair warning? It's super obvious when you're on us instacart when you need the wrong things and the wrong sizes, that the wrong temperatures, milk boone, come on, take a bite. You know you want it.
Speaker 2: McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you just need to eat some McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Robtustin teaching kids how to take shots since nineteen seven or nine.
Speaker 2: In stacart. When you want the wrong thing at the wrong temperature, in the wrong size.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, do you want to lead off the discussion with what you observed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was minded. Somebody brought up the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm uh remember the story last year of most women would rather come across a bear when they're hiking than a been a random dude. And I don't know how we culturally convinced the female persuasion that men are so incredibly scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think part of it is also we convinced them that saying that made them look enlightened. They're warriors against the the patriarchy and anyway, hashtag me too in the rest?
Speaker 2: Is it a big Uh? I got a big festival going on in my town over the weekend, and uh, we saw a couple of young women holding hands walking down the street, and I made, uh, my usual dumb joke of oh my god, those two women are holding hands. What is going on?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: You know, I just find that funny.
Speaker 4: You know what I love to do with my daughter, my youngest, especially because she can take an as she joke, because We'll see a couple of dudes together and I'll say.
Speaker 3: I have reason to believe they are homore sexual.
Speaker 2: Well that's basically what I said, And then my son said. My son said, all, but they're not. I said what he said, No, girls just hold hands?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I said they do? He said, yeah, all kinds of girls in my school they do. They hold hands now? And I said, what is that all about? And I saw no less than ten pairs of women holding hands walking down the street. Now, I don't know who was straight and who was not, who was a couple, and who is not. But he said they feel safer that way. So are we to a point now where young women feel like they got to hold hands with their friends walking in public because it's so freaking scary out there. That doesn't seem good, Katie, you're making a surprised face. No, I'm not surprised. They this is something that I've seen within my own friend groups. I don't participate in it or necessarily undersid I also didn't connect it with safety. Well what is it then?
Speaker 4: If he's not, we're just guessing as many hands that you're disposal to do stuff with. So it doesn't sound like a safety no me, But.
Speaker 3: There have been.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like safety, like you're gonna fight, just like a you know, we're together, okay. No, I I've been in San Francisco many a time with groups of girlfriends and all of a sudden, two of them are old in hands and they're just doing it to do it. Oh, we were guessing on on the it makes them feel safer thing. I mean, people have a tendency to hold hands when they're like, you know, in a scary situation. I've seen it before, so it's a it's a it's a it's an emotional thing. It's not a we're gonna fight thing. But but what do you think striving you think, Katie, Because I was just guessing. I thought alcohol everyone and every woman's two drinks away from a lesbian encounter, that whole thing pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lord, oh my, Uh.
Speaker 4: There are societies Jack, you know this in the Middle East, especially where grown men walk down the street holding Yeah. I will not be visiting those societies.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if anybody knows why this is happening, it is happening a lot like and it's recent because I've just seen it a lot with my own eyes. So if you know text line four one, five two nine to five KFTC, I hope it's a different reason. I was thinking, Man, if everybody's so like anxious and uncomfortable that the women that they feel like they need to hold hands, like you know, I got you since I got you two because it's so scary out there. That's not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know me, I've established my cred is being willing to put pooh anything done by young people willingly.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm in favor of real human contact as opposed to online stuff, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the reaction to that. Yeah, that's an interesting theory. Don't know. Anyway, I want to get to this.
Speaker 4: This is a big new poll of young British adults, and the BRIT's a little further down the road, a crazy than the US.
Speaker 3: Depending on where you live.
Speaker 4: If you live in a blue city or state, could be you're keeping pace with our crazy, crazy cousins over in Britain. But I like the way this is written up before they get to the actual poll results. A young woman sits in a comfortable London flat or a sleek New York apartment, scrolling her feed and convinced the world is rigged against her. She holds a university degree, earns a solid paycheck, and enjoys better workplace opportunities than her male peers at the same age. Yet she feels profoundly unhappy, distrusts men, loathes her country, and views motherhood as optional at best. And it's clear pattern impeating across Britain and America. Ah da DA the left leaning New Statesman pulled two thousand British adults between eighteen and thirty. The widening gender gap among the young comes far more from women moving sharply left than men turning right, no matter what the lefty media would tell you. Among men under thirty, seventy two percent hold a positive view of women, an interesting lead question. Among women under thirty, only fifty percent feel positive toward men, and the figure drops to thirty five percent among women under twenty five.
Speaker 3: Wow. So the younger they are, the more they hate men.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Just eighteen percent of women under thirty feel very positive about men, compared with thirty eight percent of men who feel very positive about women. Again thirty eight to eighteen. And to women, more than forty percent of young women say men do not share their understanding of consent, while only twenty five percent of men say the same thing about women. That's a fraud topic, But let's get into more sociological stuff. Young women are twice as likely as young men to say they do not want children. The process of bringing a child into the world is a bit heavier on the woman, so I would grant them a little leeway. Yes, but it's fifteen to eight, which is not huge numbers among white women under thirty, though the number rises to twenty percent significantly higher among white women. One in four women call differing political views a red flag and a partner. Sixty percent would struggle to date someone who disagrees on Israel Palestine.
Speaker 2: Topics she's talk about.
Speaker 4: Gem similar on Trump, seventy four percent said they could not stay with someone who rejects their views on social.
Speaker 3: Justice, whatever that means.
Speaker 4: As Thomas Soul has pointed out, anybody who says social justice isn't talking about society or justice. Young women also show greater reluc reluctance than men to datacross differences on immigration. Economically, the divide grows sharper. This is the part I really wanted to get to young women. Now, these are Brits, okay, farther down the road to socialism, which is why they have a moribund, stagnant the embarrassment of an economy and military and everything else.
Speaker 3: This is the road we're going now.
Speaker 4: Young women give give capitalism rather really prefer the term the free market.
Speaker 3: But I'm outvoted.
Speaker 4: Young women give capitalism a net favorability rating of just plus two, while communism scores plus eleven.
Speaker 2: Well that's ignorance, right, that's a not understanding what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: That is mountainous ignorance. That is our education system.
Speaker 2: How does our education system not teach you about communism since it's the deadliest ideology in world history.
Speaker 4: Well, because at this point Neo Marxists are in charge of our education system, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure the last thing they want to teach.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I ever learned about communism.
Speaker 3: Oh, it wasn't certainly as it was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a big feature of education, although I grew up knowing it.
Speaker 3: It was just everywhere. Maybe it wasn't necessary. Maybe were you You certainly were aware.
Speaker 4: We grew up in little different parts of the country, but you were aware of the Soviet you know, communism, dirty commy scum pinkos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's it. Maybe during the Cold War you didn't teach it because everybody was bathed in it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, young women more favorable toward communism, which is just so stupid and ignorant it's astonishing.
Speaker 3: Young men.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, great capitalism at plus twenty eight percent plus two for the women, plus twenty eight for.
Speaker 3: The young men.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you're all going to the same schools, so that my theory is no good there. Then what's happening? Well this keep in mind this is Britain.
Speaker 4: I think part of it has to do with the nature of women's psychology versus men. Men are much more comfortable with I'm more than willing to take this on, go at semi alone and fight for what I want, whereas women are much more into forming coalitions and sharing. It was long said the Republican Party was the daddy party and the Democratic Party was the mommy party because the Democratic Party won more income rey distribution and sharing and being fair and the rest of it, and the Republicans are like, give people freedom and let them make of their lives what they will.
Speaker 3: So I think that's just not as part of it.
Speaker 4: Not sure they should have the vote women, yeah, will take your calls.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 4: On wealth redistribution, forty three percent of young women say it is unfair that some people have more and that wealth should be taken from them forty three percent. That's three more than the percent who say people deserve to keep what they earn.
Speaker 3: Good Lord.
Speaker 4: Young men are fifty one thirty seven in favor of the sanity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Young women are more likely to believe the economy works against people like them. Yet among sixteen to twenty four year olds, women to hold more full time jobs and earn nine percent more on average than men in Britain now, while male youth unemployment six is six point three percent higher than the young women, And yet young women are more likely to believe the economy works against women. Women report lower happiness, ambition, excitement, and fulfillment than young men. They are twenty one points less optimistic than men about earning more than their parents, and nineteen percent less optimistic about buying the home that they want than young men. In the same society, only fifty three percent of gen Z women say they're proud to call themselves British, compared with sixty eight percent of the gen Z men.
Speaker 2: Only half a woman are proud to be British. This whole Western civilization hating itself thing is so weird and to.
Speaker 4: Reinforce what you're saying, not to interrupt, but to reinforce. Affluent, higher educated women prove the most left.
Speaker 3: Wing and most pessimistic.
Speaker 4: Of course, they have the higher numbers on communism, feminism, feminism, environmentalism, socialism, slavery reparations, the view that the UK is racist or sexist, absolutely amazing. Among Americans aged eighteen to twenty nine, forty percent of young women identify as liberal, compared to twenty five percent of young men. Let's see, that's only mildly interesting. Then they go into some more of the American numbers, which are quite similar to the British numbers, including mental health diagnoses, which is Oh, the famous Pew research survey that we talked about a lot that found that fifty six percent of white liberal women age eighteen to twenty nine reported a mental health diagnosis. Fifty six percent. Wow, double the rate for conservative women the same age. Cart horse, chicken egg. Nobody's doubly sure. Double is a lot. Yes, that's quite a disparity. Yeah, it's twenty eight to fifty six.
Speaker 2: Wow, How me explain that?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, what'd you say, Michael? Oh, what a pleasure it is to tell you about Trust and Will. This is something I know. I was there, my wife was there. We knew we needed a will and or trust, and they help explain that at Trust and Will to make sure our plans our desires were clear in case one or both of us passed away. Stop putting it off. It's easy with Trust and Will. Trust and Will offers affordable attorney, designed to state plans that you can create online and as little as thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so as little as thirty minutes you can create a will and at least you'll have one, a basic one that documents what's going to happen with your kids, where's your money going to go, what's your end life of all kinds of healthcare planning, that sort of stuff. And then for every life stage or transition, Trust and Will's platform keeping everything organized. You can update it on a you know, year by year, situation by situation basis. They got lawyer help if you want it. Attorneys available. It's state by state to fit in with the laws of wherever you live.
Speaker 4: Super high level encryption too, Trust and Will, affordable estate plans, priceless peace of mind to it to Trust and Will dot com slash Armstrong, you get twenty percent off. That's trust and will dot Com slash Armstrong, Trust and will dot com slash Armstrong Armstrong.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: May prove that cows are way smarter than we thought. Veronica the cow using a tool to scratch her back. It looks like the studies author said, this marks the first time on record that a mammal that wasn't a primate has been documented using a tool.
Speaker 4: Really, first, first question, NBC News sent Tom Yamas spelled exactly the same as Lamas to report on a cow. I don't think that's sick because he has the name of a hooked creature?
Speaker 3: Is that why?
Speaker 4: It's like whenever the Asian people were mad at us, they'd send an Asian reporter. If we said something provocative about welfare programs in black neighborhoods, they send a black reporter to talk about what fellas we are. It's just a thing. Anyway, back to the cow.
Speaker 2: That's the first documented case of anything other than primates using a tool. I got to bring that up to my son. He's super into this sort of thing. I think he would say. Now, there's like eight other things I can think of that use tools in a variety of ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 4: I know ant eaters will put a stick in their mouth and stick the stick down into the ant hole and drop bunches of ants on the stick.
Speaker 3: Ants on a stick delicious.
Speaker 4: So that's an overstatement by these soft heads in the Network News.
Speaker 2: South American moles use typewriters, for instance.
Speaker 4: It's surprising so Veronica is an Austrian cow. As a matter of fact, in a khalb, I believe when she has an itch, she scratches it by expertly wielding a stick. But now in a new study, Veronica's demonstrating even more advanced scratching skills, deploying different ends of a wooden broom to different parts of her body to target different parts of her body. It's an example of flexible tool use, a behavior that is.
Speaker 3: Relatively rare in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 2: Okay, that might be a different category of tool use than the other examples that exist out there, because that's some you know that that requires some Should I not be eating hamburgers? If a cow can think through, I think I'll use the pointy end of the stick for this itch. But for this itch, I think the round end of the stick would work better. I mean that sort of thinking. I don't know if I should be eating you deliciously mean hum rare like I do. I am slightly cautious.
Speaker 4: That there may be an element of that in this, because this doctor who's studying Veronica at the cow says that it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I don't care if they can recite Shakespeare. I'm still going to eat them. I mean, it would make you a monster. It's kidding.
Speaker 4: But the doctor says that should give us some paws and perhaps also motivate us to look at livestock animals differently.
Speaker 2: I think we should eat more, keep them in control exactly laco, let them know whose boss. If Herford cattle could drive cars and recite Shakespeare, still eat them, so you know, come on, I'm not pretending that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think there may be a little activism here, but it could be.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: The more I read The New York Times, in contrast to the NBC News, has actually quite a long article about this, far too long. Honestly, as long as cow's been doing their cow thing around people, How is this the first time we've ever discovered their tool use? I don't know they say one difference, maybe that this cow is a pet and not a production animal, so it has time to enlarge. It's, you know, enrich itself and read the great books and then come up with novel.
Speaker 3: Uses for steaks. Read the great books. Yeah, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I learned this from Thucydides. There's the sharp end of the stick, and you got an itch on your roump. You got a bad itch. He used the sharpen, which, by the way, is the most delicious part of me. On Yes, good news bad news for me. I can now itach my bad news. It's delicious.
Speaker 4: Speaking of stupidity, I mentioned this in the very beginning of the show that some New York PD detectives had to go to the hospital because they were arresting a really bad guy who fought them and hurt a couple of the cops. They go to the hospital and hospital staff were nasty to them in the waiting room, accused them of being ice officers and suggested why don't you go somewhere else, so they properly identified themselves, and the New York PD is obviously pissed off about this, the commissioners insisting all hospital staff he retrained. Blah blah blah. This is my favorite part. The hospital blamed. Where is the phrase? Oh, the hospital said, the hospital staff had a misunderstanding of their policy. Oh so we're not supposed to be rate cops when they show up and tell them to get the hell out and go somewhere else because we hate them. Deny keep getting that wrong, Deny them medical care. We will give medical care to anybody from any country who's done anything at taxpayers expense. Right, but now we want help that the cops who are enforcing federal immigration law.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gatty The Armstrong and Getty Show