Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak. And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends, two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, This is our hell, This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog.
Speaker 2: Today's topics looselie speaking, GM, hand on the stomach, apple sauce.
Speaker 1: Hey you're in sunglasses.
Speaker 2: I'm in psychoglasses. Is a message to myself because I am high on withdrawal.
Speaker 3: I can't believe so, Jacqueline texted. For those who know the hags who are listening closely, Jacqueline has been unable to get her well beutrin filled. And by the way, CBS care Mark has tucked my various genitals and for years with mine. I'm actually currently fighting them on my Migrate medicine.
Speaker 2: Well, you know you know what I heard someone someone reached out after the last episode.
Speaker 1: I'm actually scared.
Speaker 2: Now if I say it that, then then I would go they go bv Mcalleney's or something. Okay, it's not that BP Mickey's Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of this? Wait? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Let me find it a pharmacy because I was like, I gotta get away from CBS.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were like Bevy mctoole's.
Speaker 3: Well, by the way, Jacquelin going independent pharmacy. My grandmother was one of the first female pharmacists in America.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, it's what I've heard. Mickey Fine.
Speaker 2: It says Mickey Fine, and I look it up and it says they have a restaurant, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, astant, this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like and they were like a sort of deli real Wait what did I say, Mickey Fines And it's fabulous.
Speaker 1: It sounds my old pharmacy in Brooklyn's and.
Speaker 2: Apple Oh right right, Oh my god, thanks coffee shop hanging. I mean because oh look, and then Mickey Fine grill and they've got they've got the old soda fountain.
Speaker 1: It's like the farm. So the fountain thing.
Speaker 3: That's so fun. I, by the way, woke up in a cold sweat and thought I fell off biologicue ersh Yeah, due to of course, the spoils of poog and thank you to everyone who sends products. But I thought it was like it wasn't the mushrooms the whole time It's like, did I have the regime? You know, and then I got away from it? But the truth is it's I mean, it's exorbitant the prices. He said, regime or routine regime?
Speaker 1: Right? Regime? Right? Oh, right, right? You mean did I say regiment? No, regiment, regime? Regimen? Well I think French would be a regime. Wait saying regime, Did I say regime? You sure did? Roll back the Sorry, I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Crazy sounds because they're oh wait, so they're oh, this is horrible. By the way, I can hear it doing the sewer line like under like on my block the other morning. Sorry for the sound, but imagine this because as we know, I've been sleeping poorly, although I had a couple of great nights of sleep lately. Woke up seven forty five. Doorbell, doorbell, What my eyes? I'm like, what is this violation? Because I was gonna be able to sleep till nine, but seven forty five I'm filled with anger.
Speaker 1: They've woken me up.
Speaker 3: Jacqueline's pulling on me, and she's texting or recording, which typically is something that I do.
Speaker 1: I'm not texting. What was she doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to quickly. I was gonna bring it up and explain. I'm not trying to hide anything put in my lunch order that didn't get pushed through and go because I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it with you. Where'd you order?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm thinking of ordering from Goop one time. Gone into the kitchen. I just had an emergency Chinese chicken salad from Arawan.
Speaker 2: Well, they've got the you know, they've got the Brentwood Chicken salad.
Speaker 1: Who oh, Goop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called the Brentwood Chicken Salad Chinese Salad.
Speaker 1: I think we've done our work. I think we deserve a couple of Goop.
Speaker 2: We're not getting any vouchers though when you think about it, I don't know. I just think that kitchen it's not but I I just was like, I have to put in this order. I can't survive the episode without knowing food is on its way?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? And I told you, I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe last week that I realized I have been ordering through the app. I've been ordering through Uber eat since I've lost six K and Goop points that I could.
Speaker 1: Have been racking up. I didn't know it was a point system. My friend Sally Pressman, Okay, one of the first.
Speaker 2: I said it sort of as a joke because she was like, if I don't get a shout out for whatever, it doesn't matter. I touch that. She was She's like, I'm black Onyx goop kitchen app and I was like, oh my god, order for group kitchen like two weeks in a row, and like, but forgot to use the app. Oh I see huge orders that are you know me dangerously living in abundance.
Speaker 3: But wait, wait, Jacqueline. So the sewer was being worked on at my house and my alarm went off at seven. Oh no, I was excited to finally sleep until nine and the alarm And by the way, I'm not promising this is a good story, but my doorbell is ringing at seven thirty and I pop out of bed, destroyed. But there's nothing more violating than the violation of sleep. And I'm also a particular baby with it. I cannot suffer having the sleep disturbed. I throw on my robe and I go, I'm gonna have fun with this, because how the fuck by legally you cannot ring someone's door before eight, and I'm talking about like like city work. And by the way, and I'm walking to the door and I go, I'm not gonna fucking yell at the guys or doing their work like whatever.
Speaker 1: But I opened the door, there was a knock. There was a ring, ring ring, seven forty five am. I go, what I come?
Speaker 3: I go hello, and I really it is the desperation. I'm like on the verge of tears because I have them say well, hello, and they go, oh hi, oh sorry, huge details. I can't even I don't have access to them. I don't have access to what they need to access. So they're waking up for no reason. That's you know what I'm saying. Just know that they've woken me up and I can't help them.
Speaker 1: And you already know that. I already know that they have access.
Speaker 3: So I go, okay, hello, and they go, oh, hi, we need to access you know, the back of the property.
Speaker 1: And I go, I don't have access to the property. And I go and I work nights. No, you didn't know, you didn't. You are un real. We're sorry, and I go and I and then I go, this is my only time. Just say no. Because by the way, what if I were a nurse. You see what I'm saying, Well, they don't know.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: They don't know, and and maybe they could tell, maybe they could tell.
Speaker 2: But the doctor Loretta resting on the on the welcome mat ouy with some spoiled trash air on base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh my god, Oh do you know what I had? You know what something I did the other day?
Speaker 3: It was interesting talking about this FedEx delivery a bunch of heavy boxes and the guy and he's like, starts to unload them, and I go, oh, wait, wait, you can actually unload them over here, because he was bringing them upstairs. I go, if you, if you just go right around to the side, and he was clearly really annoyed at me, which I understood.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I was like, I promise, gonna you won't have to left. He was gonna have to move the truck back, but I was like I just knew. I was like, it's gonna be easier. And he literally shakes his head at me, like fucking bitch, and it's like just trust me. And then and then I start going, God, I was like, what would it be like if I had like huge jugs, a big like.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's always jugs with you, Okay, Yeah, I just wonder how it would have been diver but listen so so, so I go and then.
Speaker 1: I find I don't know that it was a different I don't know if I were.
Speaker 3: Like a stone cold, like big jugs fox with like a huge ass, tiny waist answered in like heels and like a little skirt, and was like, I don't know anyway, I had that fantasy. So he's and I'm like, I feel bad because I'm like, oh, he thinks I'm this like entitled bitch who's like live it over there. It's like for me, right, yeah, but you're gonna see it's actually I'm like, he doesn't know yet. He's not gonna go upstairs. It's gonna be easier anyway. He shakes his head at me. He starts loading in the boxes and there's a bunch of them. They're heavy, okay, And I'm kind of going, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Sorry. You know, I almost buy my lip what I said. I mean, this is much easier, right, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I find myself pushing out my stomach to make it seem like I'm pregnant, and then I.
Speaker 1: Put one hand. Fuck, put one hand, just like I did do a huge hands on the back.
Speaker 2: Seek what if I had jugged? If it were jugs sitting next to you, you would have thrown them on it.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to see what it felt like. I'm a nurse, very I was doing it very subtly, but just one hand on the stomach. I even, what's wrong with that? Nothing a little fun with myself. No, absolutely nothing's wrong with it.
Speaker 2: It's it's the childlike nature and you that has a little idea and does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was a fun little thing, like well then I almost felt pregnant.
Speaker 2: It was interesting the speed, but you are comfortable with the and I go to the like it could be dru thing all the time because it's sort of like, you know, I don't know. You're lucky I did see that car coming, even though I would have been in my rights to walk without looking, you know, like that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, you're like I worked nights, you.
Speaker 2: Do this. This is the thing about you throw a lie out there in a quick pinch. You're scheming sort of like character from like you know what I mean, like a dickens, Like you're quick, like you'd be great on a competition show like I mean, if I if I had the permission, like if I give myself the pervision, like Okay, we're trying to get through a European town quickly to get because we're on the amazing race or something like that. So I knew like then like oh my god, how we'd soar. I'd be like like leaping into the lies.
Speaker 1: So happened that even seems too strong a word. The pregnancy stun.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry I made Perhaps I'm too Perhaps I'm no, but but my story is I work nights, how damn you? And then and then minutes later and I threw my handle. I mean I'm not wrong to like, note this is theme of the stories.
Speaker 1: No, I heard that.
Speaker 2: You and you going, but you wouldn't judge me if whatever?
Speaker 1: Right? No, no, totally, I mean it's it's it's something. I'm openly impressed. But it's interesting. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt if it's odd. But but I also wanted to tell the listener that I woke up this morning to these texts which are really cute to me. Odd I just no, no, no, no, no, I'm not criticized feel criticized or judged. I don't feel criticized, judge, I feel seen, Okay, twelve oh one am text from Jacqueline Novak we will always have their friendship through high and low. He he And then my tooth filling just came out.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible way to wake up. Yeah, we got to bring back GM more doing mornings GM.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm always writing. Today's a huge GM all day, all night kind of kind of thing.
Speaker 1: For those who know GM. My tooth feeling has fallen an.
Speaker 3: Old reference to when Jacque and I were living in New York and when g chat was a huge part of life, and when you would log onto g chat, you know, in the morning, check your emails. I would get a little pop up from Jacqueline GM in the morning and then we just go GM and it really and then we transferred to text. Just waking up hitting GM. It's just a really nice way to anchor in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's how I yeah and my friend Deer dream like. It's a very soft way of saying good morning. And so it became kind of thing with depression, which is like at any time of day, it's like a quiet way of saying hello, it's really small.
Speaker 1: It's just like Jim, Yeah, it's good. It's like small. It's like so gentle.
Speaker 2: I need the GMS and like you can do it through your teeth like I like to speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit me with some GMS this week.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll get in kind of wait, just so much. I wanted to tell you, Oh yeah, I want. I went to jar a couple of friends and I.
Speaker 3: Got a text from Suzanne that said, where are you Suzanne the chef?
Speaker 1: Incredible? Oh my god, can you believe it?
Speaker 2: That's awesome? She came and said hello, she was a dream. A couple of things. By virtue of going with someone else, different things happened, right, by which I mean like something I don't know if you've ever.
Speaker 1: Ordered different orders? Yep, Like yeah, you tell me.
Speaker 2: Like my friend er He's like, I'm getting to Caesar. I'm like, what all this. I'm like, I don't even really think about it. I'm like, I've never really thought friends if I'm getting sort of a classic.
Speaker 1: Friend Liz Pong. Okay, ye got it.
Speaker 2: I told you already, but you I remember again, you erased it. I remember, no, right, It's like because you have the same emotional experience you have the first first time, like.
Speaker 1: Friend, who who? Yeah? What jar? And then and then yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I see this ridiculo looking salad appear and I go, what the hell? Pile of purple leaves? Never creamy dressing. He did not order a special, He did not order a special salad. It was what I believe it was wrathwagon. What Caesar? I think that's their fucking Caesar, and they're just I'm always going if there's Caesar and Wedge on the menu, and I'm going for a sort of classic flavorite jar, I'm probably going for the wedge like I always do.
Speaker 1: Now that I see this pile, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my god, and I averted my eyes quickly as not to because you always get the Marcona.
Speaker 1: You always get the one with the almonds. I see a Marcona, I can't help maybe fruit, yeah, which I'm always I never want that really for a salad. I usually am not a creamy salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm usually not, except for the wedge. I mean, oh, I don't have opportunities play. I lie, I lie at the same time, but yeah, I just need We'll wait, what are you about to say? Because I want to remember it before because you forget because I'm going to say one other things, hot pot, but keep going. Okay, are you ready? Yeah, our friend Jeff Okay goes. Apple sauce is a side I've never really seen that we've never interesting to see. Apple sauce is a.
Speaker 1: Side big chunks of apple, Like, oh my god, yeah, okay, I don't even really process it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, he asks our dreamy waiter, right, and he's like, you know, it's a comfort food, so I kind of like, but I'm like yeah, and I'm just still not really I'm like, really, we're gonna get apple sauce. I'm not even really like going there. I mean I didn't think, really we're gonna get apple sauce. I didn't think that.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like I moved on from it. I didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't like call to me like, oh shit, I have to really consider this. Purple yams were happening, you know, et cetera. So it was like all right, and then the waiter comes and Jeff's like, I'm curious about the apple sauce, and I'm like, oh, he's not fucking around, and now I'm curious too, And I realized it's happening, and he's like, yeah, it's you know, it's beIN. I try to remember, and then we asked Suzanne about it. I can't remember who spoke of it. I can't remember. I They said it's a comfort food for people, and at one point was off the menu.
Speaker 1: People asked for it back.
Speaker 2: It arives and I feel like there was so much happening in this meal that I didn't really get to reflect on it. But it was interesting. It was chunky, kind of spicy.
Speaker 1: No, because my mom makes a homemade apple sauce that will blow your back up. Now you think you would. I expected chunky, and it really wasn't.
Speaker 2: It's just there's it's very compelling and it it was delicious mm paired with pork.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, yep, that's a classic. So my mind.
Speaker 2: I had a kumquat based cocktail that was glow and there, you know, I was like, in order.
Speaker 1: To margarita, Well, haven't I ever had it or seen it on a menu?
Speaker 2: Well, they're delicious, and this was a gin based drink. It wasn't a margarita, but it was come quiet and I knew I was gonna have two cocktails, so I said I'll be getting a Leachi martini next mm hmm, let me try the special.
Speaker 1: I couldn't resist. So funny. Couple of hags in the way out the door.
Speaker 3: You're kidding. I was at Burgers Never Say Die. Oh right, burger joint here behind the the finally counter.
Speaker 1: I'm a hag. This woman, I'm a hag. No, I have to say Hi. Can I get you some free Fountain sodas? Can you believe this? No? Yeah? Oh my god. The community and we have grown, and by the way, we've been quietly growing the community. Imagine us in ten years, all of us boarding a cruise, boarding a cruise. Yeah, but and there will be enough jacket and the food cruise. I'll tell you that much. That will be enough black jacket. And this was not This will not be the Titanic.
Speaker 2: When our boat goes down, it will be will be a place for people to go, and I'll be last to leave ship. Yeah, it'll be soaked rouble.
Speaker 3: So I was hyper fixated on hot pop. You know, you go with friend. I haven't done it in years. You go with friends to bring me the broth. You get the meat, Yeah, I love that spicy. And you're cooking it.
Speaker 2: There, you gotter do it there. You better make sure you don't get sloppy with your meat, right, Oh?
Speaker 1: I know sometimes though, yeah, but it's like three trifles. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I had a transformative meal. Never mind now, okay, but you weren't going to do it. It wasn't because it was it was transformative, but I didn't pay. I was taken to Nobu Malibu, and I have to say, I think it's the best beef I ever.
Speaker 1: The hot pot was my mouth. No, sorry, I'm jumping all over the place. I'm jumping. I'm jumping. Okay, sorry, sorry, but I know you're telling me about a transfer of meal.
Speaker 2: You had it.
Speaker 3: They go, they give you a stone that arrives at the table. They go, don't touch the stone. It's five hundred degrees. I go, why didn't sign a release?
Speaker 1: Some way in so? I actually think this is insane. People are drinking. I'm not capable of holding that thought in my head. Exactly. They go without a little again visually, and I go, I mean I was, I was like, so, Palm's face down on the you know, I made a joke.
Speaker 3: Of course, couldn't resist, Yeah, of course, And he goes, so, seriously, he's a palm. Yeah, he goes, really it's five hundred degrees. I was like, what's absolutely saying?
Speaker 2: I could have a child that sounds so hot that I'm like, it'll it would be a relief if you touched it, because I actually wouldn't hurt.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't feel anything so hot.
Speaker 3: Your hand would be gone, yeah, wag you beef, little tiny thin slices, bam bam on it. Oh my god, moaning in next tosy Jacqueline, guess what you and I, bitch, we're going to know melbo.
Speaker 2: So it was really never had sushi together except for a blue ribbon of course.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course once five years ago you forget, let's go.
Speaker 3: So it was a full sushi meal, full sushi meal, moaning in ecstasy.
Speaker 1: But then then then when did the hot part happen? And then toward the end, my friend goes, can we get the wag u?
Speaker 2: Oh right, sorry, I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about this beef for like days, and I know, and here I go, oh somebody reading about no boo. You know, I mean, it's like sick to fall into that. But again, I want the stress.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay. In fact, I had a funny Okay, I think.
Speaker 2: This is the thing, the way you think that the not paying is like like I know, like it's it's it's inside. I know you believe it's like communicating some kind of moral something like you know, like like no boo fell on your head like an anvil out of a window.
Speaker 1: You can't be blamed.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, someone referenced my miserly ways the other day. But Jackline, I feel like you'll relate to this. So I, you know, constantly have a fear of looking like I'm lost. I don't like to hesitate even for a second. I don't think I don't know where I am. I'm at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ever ask where the bathroom is, or if I do, I want to pretend like I briefly forgot but knew the whole time.
Speaker 2: And so it's so weird. So I know it interesting from you, from you specific.
Speaker 3: So I'm in, I'm in, I'm in the Nobu right, and there's two I go, where's the bathroom? And I don't want to be like somebody like a peasant from nineteen oh four, Right, where's the bathroom signaling I've never been here before.
Speaker 2: Okay, I start getting in my head, that's not be a regular nobo. You think it's a cousin.
Speaker 1: Is wrong to not be like coming to the third actually give a ship. But what is this? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I go, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're not actually giving a ship and yet having primal responses in the moment.
Speaker 1: It must be what I discussed. I'd like to discuss that.
Speaker 2: Okay, discussed this, Yeah yeah, okay, go on, So but listen.
Speaker 1: To this those who have been to Noble Male but we'll know. So when you're in there the bathroom, you look.
Speaker 2: A bunch of listeners to nobody right now go even though they haven't the same psychotic response.
Speaker 3: So there's a bunch of like Japanese characters on the wall, right, and a huge stone path leading to one side, and I go, well, clearly that's the fucking bathroom, right, And I start proudly walking down and there's like it's like a stone path, there's lights. I see someone who works there kind of clock me, and I go, what was that? And then I get to the kitchen. I was walking toward the kitchen, okay, and then somebody goes, oh, are you looking for the bathroom, and instead of just saying yeah, sorry, no, I wanted i'd a big so I like, I'm like in the kitchen. It's like not like I'm like in the kitchen and people are looking at me, and I go, put me in a work boas.
Speaker 2: I like, did like a full that's good, great, okay, you had that ready from another time?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and I go, I go, and then they kind of go, yeah, the bathroom's over there. I don't know how this happened. I don't know what made but I go, I was a server for a long time. No you didn't but on me clear, I actually shockingly didn't work just retail okay, but I don't know why I said that. They didn't need to hear that the episode, right, because that seems like i'mpontaneous, lie, I know. So then I'm it's like what it's like class anxiety. It's like what I'm like, I'm like, hey, I didn't pay for the Noble meal, Okay, I wouldn't come here. I can't afford a just dinner and Wednesday night here.
Speaker 2: This is birthdays only. So then I go, yeah, I go, you know, can you believe this either like to work, boys, I'm just kidding. I mean, I'm not kidding that much, because of course I love to work. Work is the only thing that saves man.
Speaker 1: So then I'm humiliated and I debase.
Speaker 3: I've debased myself, and then I walked to the other side where the bathroom is.
Speaker 1: See this is very interesting.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, obviously this relates to your fear about you know, not knowing how to handle yourself at a pool alone.
Speaker 1: Exactly being alone in the restaurant looking for the bathroom.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird because you're one of the most It's like you're one of the most sort of self assured. And is it These broad things are just not gonna work because who isn't the most commonh Okay, But I'm trying to I'm trying to find the particular thread here of what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is it?
Speaker 2: Why does kateer Lynn have a fear right of for a second, looking like she doesn't know which way she's going when like you also, you know, actively allow your kind of getting energy to be party.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: I have commitment to getting lost right to the powers of that. And yet at noboo exactly. Well this is where is it like classings? That is this some kind of like like deep like you've sied.
Speaker 2: I mean it's almost like you uh yeah, you're you're you're both afraid of looking not up to snuff at at noble and like and too comfortable there yeah birthdays only like is what you think is where you're comfortable? Is like an appropriate appropriate amount of striving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is interesting though, because getting lost.
Speaker 2: And you look and yet you look cute when you're lost. I've seen it, you know, it's it's a nice look on you.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is huge. This is a big it's a fresh pair of jugs for you. Okay, if you want to play that game.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 1: This is good, feminine, this is good.
Speaker 3: This is when you're hitting some ship, you're hitting something because I feel happening in my life, right yeah, look lost, this is happening in my life of like something like some other like okay, oh lord, strike me out?
Speaker 1: Except help? What is it about? Accept help?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Because I think I do accept help.
Speaker 2: You found your way to gently resting a hand on a belly like like because this growth you gently resting your hand on lower abdomen.
Speaker 1: To suggest asking for what she needs. Yeah, through the lines that she deserves.
Speaker 2: I slipped into his voice the other day when I hadn't slept, and it was like doing a lot for me. Like I also woke up yesterday I had a new voice come to me where I just turned to Chris and I went h okay. And I haven't been able to stop doing it for two days. One hand goes up like this again, I go, hyeah. I did it like nine times three minutes.
Speaker 1: It was a new Oh. I bought something from an artisan, the Sportsman's. I was thinking of you. You know, I paid a purring cat. What toy for humans? Trying to get kittens into my parents' house. I'll get it really quick. And she's gone, oh yes, Oh, she's getting the cat. I assume last night I ordered something for a cat from the neighbors. When are you gonna get cats again? You could talk about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's gone. I assume she's going to get the purring cat. I am looking for some to adopt, some cats for slash with my parents. A couple of cats gonna be really therapeutic in my home. My dad a huge cat head. It doesn't have to be kittens, of course not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I felt like I just had to show what do we have? It was just satisfying little items, okay, and this is like a cat.
Speaker 2: With a.
Speaker 1: Purse. That's cute, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I got last night a classic Amazon order. Oh, I bought from an artist and a small cat sized beach lounger like it looks like a like a pool side, looks like a beach lounger with stripes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cute for the cat.
Speaker 2: He needs the one that hangs out by me boo. But I had to get rid of the other bed, yeah, because he it was like got rained on. It wasn't like a true bed. And so this one looks like it'll dry and I can't wait. I can't wait for the neighbors to see him wrestling in it.
Speaker 1: Very cute. You can get your parents and kittens. They can be older, because the idea is you want my parents.
Speaker 3: Inexplicable. We've had so many cats over the years. None of them are lap cats, like none of them like like having these cats that are so yeah, like really interesting personalities, but like you cannot they will not, And it's like we've got to get cats in there for both of them. Particularly my dad, a couple of cats lounging at him very to him. He's obsessed with cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, And so there's you can either.
Speaker 2: So if you get kittens one, you can like basically train them to be very comfortable with touch early on.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a huge kitten. You can make them on your shoulder, Okay, this is great. Oh you just all my cats are lap cats or shoulder cats or whatever. Force it. I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it doesn't even feel like forcing me because it's just like how I've always been with them, and so it's like a cat and put it on my shoulder, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, Like totally. I also have ways of holding it. I didn't know that. I thought it was like they were.
Speaker 2: It needs to feel, it needs to. I mean, I wouldn't force a cat who really had a problem with it. But I just what I find is that if like some people don't even have the impulse to like pick up their cat. Okay, And so if you've raised a cat from kittenhoun you've never like tried to pick it up, it's certainly not gonna be used to that and it's gonna what the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: That's like my parents.
Speaker 2: I like to hold cats in this specific way that you've got them, like in a hug, but you put your hand under their feet their back haunched feet so they can feel, and they do that. They can freely spring out from that position. It's not like you've closed their feet down. It's like they had anyone could spring off of the thing. It's it's like so they're they're in control, but you're also like getting to snuggle them so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cats are going to be hugely therapeutic, but.
Speaker 2: You could also get it doesn't have to be getting. You could also First of all, we were at shelters are filled with laptan.
Speaker 1: Ant, like we don't want kittens, you want to catut nothing more.
Speaker 3: Can be an older cat like for sure, like yeah, my last my parents lost cut who was adopted was older, and like that's totally fine. But then of course, literally it was like a friend was like, oh, I'm fostering like four thousand kittens, and I was like, okay, well did we just get two from there? But my mom is so attached to Maine coons.
Speaker 2: Oh right, that we thought that Boo maybe had a little bit of a Maine coon energy. I've had cabbage e old pepe twice in a row. Now is a good huge head of cabbage? Okay, yeah, I bet I've been doing. I've combining two Instagram things I saw one. What do you you slice the wedge of cabbage? You put butter in a pan. Okay, heat it up, throw the cabbage in the and you treat it like a piece of meat. You hard sear it, Okay, on one of its faces heartse heer, caramelized butter, sausage.
Speaker 1: When that's then you flip it like a steak. Same thing.
Speaker 2: Then, after the other side has been hard seared, you throw a little wine, a little broth, throw a little water in the pan, cover the pan, and it sort of cooks the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Now, but you got that hard sere for you. Listen to you. I've never heard soaring. You got that hard s here. You got that hard sere.
Speaker 2: Feel bad because I saw Anastasia fashion beauty. I was thinking today as I was wearing my own merch headed into the tray. Anderson Studio is thinking, wrap yourself before you wreck yourself. I'm wearing my own merch before you wreck yourself, Like I'm representing my own self. Yeah, like wear your own merch, ye die?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah? Or where your own you get fucked. But I felt like I saw in a stage of fashion beauty fallen off micro current and I feel like my face has fallen fourteen feet and really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I haven't seen my pair left in six months? Where is the left parents house or something? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I want the purelyft for the love of God?
Speaker 2: Is it you mean it was never a free but you know this you bought it wondering I know, but I want for Christmas two years ago hags recall.
Speaker 1: And if you can't find yours, then let's get a couple. Yeah I can't. And it's an old model. Okay, we chew new pure lifts. I just hope in a stage of fashion beauty nosed in my video.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm doing perfect form, okay, because I saw a video come out after that was like showing false form and like is it supposed to do this or this? And I was like, yeah, I'm getting the stuff wrong, you know, but like whatever, so filling has fallen out which can really make you feel like.
Speaker 1: We're chewing. It's all falling apart, it's flossing. It's just like fuck.
Speaker 2: And then it feels then I began consumed with the photographing it. It just feels like a jagged sharp It just feels.
Speaker 1: Insane, you know, like just can't be right. And then it's like, oh, we're going to get you into that dentist. Do you think we're tongue tied? Snip snip?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is the tungue tied and lip tied? You know, what the fuck are you talking about? It's like, okay, what cosmetics?
Speaker 2: So you know that? No, well, I mean it can help. I guess it depends. Okay, yeah, so you know the tongue tie.
Speaker 3: I've heard about their about their doing that to babies and they're fucking everything else. So the tongue tie is the band of untied for a reason. Yeah, well, it depends.
Speaker 2: If it's too tight, I guess it can be limiting, limiting what allow you not to be mewing? Well, you know your tongue is supposed to be on the roof of your mouth. This is the whole trend. Okay, so for everything, for facial development. I mean, it's a whole whole thing. Okay, like this, well that doesn't look.
Speaker 1: Tongue should be like that. Wait, what's that? That's the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 2: Is the tongue, but the point when hanging down it causes breathing problems and whatever. Okay, not a point flat against the top Okay, not that okay, not flipped.
Speaker 1: So no all day? No, well not flipped all day? Yeah, what do you mean flipped like curled? Like no flat? Okay, Like how did they do it? Like king? King?
Speaker 2: You say king, the other king thing of the tongue kind of flies up to the top king. Okay, actually that's not even it. I don't know whatever, it's the whole world of it's a whole thing. But and like all these people are like, so I got my tongue tie released and my life was you know, it's one of these.
Speaker 1: I don't know, snip snip. I don't know if you want to snip that. It seems a little insane.
Speaker 2: Someone wrote in to us like suggesting we get snipped. Really they were like, there you kate your migrains, Jacqueline, your lisp. They didn't say that, but I abso waiting for it. Okay, no, but someone definitely wrote in my jaw.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking I need to get botox in my jaw the jaw pain. And then also I'm so tight. How open your mouth? How far can you open your mouth? I mean far? Does it hurt?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean it's you know, I've always lived in fear of like I'm having to break my jaw where you said it and I look like a different person.
Speaker 1: No one's really breaking jaws out there though really they're not the doctor surgically breaking them for what that would suck. I don't know. Maybe it's just like a rational fear I have.
Speaker 3: It's like something I kind of probably heard a story incorrectly when I was twelve and it's been replaying in my mind for years.
Speaker 2: I think there's other Yeah, there's there's a lot of I don't think you would have to. I'm really sorry. The personality is off. I'm doing my best.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're doing great. The well Beatrin's kicking in. Well, it's so generic and I'm gonna be stuck on it for two weeks. And I'll just say this.
Speaker 2: They were like I kind of like lost it on the phone a little like that. Tried the generic and I go, yeah, six months of hideous depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, you fucks. America is in Canada and it'll take two weeks. We'll see what, we'll see.
Speaker 2: How I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's nothing to do but laugh. I'm just kidding. We can't laugh at that? What can't what can't we laugh at? Oh?
Speaker 2: We got to tell people, even though we haven't sent anything out yet, to sign up for the mailing list and for those to post those lists. We collect it and then imagine that things were.
Speaker 1: Gonna those I've got.
Speaker 3: I see a lot of dms that go, I haven't gotten anything. We have never sent anything yet. You are signing up for some you're waiting. Yeah, okay, huge, I'm talking. We might be the only podcast. It's like you think about Poog. We've never sent anything. We had a tour, we have merch like anyway, we're working on it. We're working on getting our business.
Speaker 2: I think they did actually maybe send them and I think it cost me eighty dollars and I never voiced what. We never got our fucking finances straight to the Poog email list when we went on tour. It's like, and I just clicked on a eighty bucks you know, like to send emails.
Speaker 1: It costs money? Are you serious? Well? Yeah, yeah, maybe it works out for the for the dollar the tickets, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: But but look, I'm wearing two shades of Charlotte till Berry Amazing Grace and pillow Talk simultaneously covered with Tower twenty eight pistacio.
Speaker 3: I love Tower twenty eight pistachio, and until I'm wearing a fenty color that I've found I bought paid for.
Speaker 2: How's the is it is the fencies fairly scented or not really strong scent? This one wasn't Soilberry's a little too vanilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me? I kind of want cosmetic nothingness. Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I know I'm always trying to go green on the mouth because you eat your lipstick, but sometimes you just need the color.
Speaker 1: Two tablespoons a year, we really like it more? Yeah? Yeah, probably a lot more. Oh it's a cup and a half man two tablespoons a year. That seems high. I made that up. I'm sorry to be clear.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I just was like I was actually reaching for a fried hyperbole and I met this like two Eater excepted.
Speaker 1: The tails fact. Yeah, it was too accepted.
Speaker 3: That's pure fact. Okay, well, I'm seeing you next week. I think wait or am I not? I got to force you into a something? Okay, I love you bye?
Speaker 1: All right, I love you. That was Pooh. If you enjoyed Pooh, please subscribe, rate, and review. If not, we will press charges