Speaker 1: I have been dying to find out about what happened with this couple. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Brogan Jeffrey and we've got a brand new update update for you. Remember this is where we played the original second date where the couple is first on with us, and then they're going to come back in part three to update us on what's happened since yes, dude, stick around and this is yes. Yeah, so before we get there, comments alexis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mario said, hi everyone, I can't stop listening to you guys doing a marathon these past weeks and having a blast.
Speaker 1: Big shout out from Brazil.
Speaker 4: That's so cool, marathon like, because then I'd have a blast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. At first I thought binging us, but then I was like, no, I think they mean real running restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job, all right, hey, no, honestly, that's amazing. Good Yeah, thank you for making us somewhat healthy to consume. All right, here we go, Your brand new update update starts right now.
Speaker 5: Some things just pair well together, like Florida.
Speaker 3: And meths Man, midlife crises and convertibles.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, we'll.
Speaker 5: Kind of back to Florida again.
Speaker 3: And that's why we weren't surprised one bit when our listener told us about their first date, which involved another perfect pairing, church volunteer work and making out. Just seem like a match made in heaven. And that's why the two of them are back on today to give us an update after they both said yes, which is honestly a rare thing for this show. You'll find out what's happened since they were last on in a brand new second date update update.
Speaker 7: Right after this broken Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 3: I know we've talked about this before, where you may have a big plan for your first date, but plans change and suddenly you're saying, oh god, I didn't realize they remodeled this fancy steakhouse and turned it into a chucky cheese and they got rid of the valet too.
Speaker 2: Because all those chuck e Cheese buildings definitely used to house fancy steakhouse.
Speaker 8: Right, I kept in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: They date and the entertainment.
Speaker 3: Now you've got to adjust, And apparently one of our listeners had to adjust on the fly and deal with a change of plans for her date, and she needs our help today.
Speaker 5: Her name is Aria. Aria. I'm assuming you didn't plan to call into.
Speaker 3: A radio show for help with your love life either, but here you are welcome to the show. Thanks.
Speaker 9: You know I did not.
Speaker 1: That's a good pivot. Can I ask before we get into it, is it you that plan the date?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: I did not plan the date?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, who planned it?
Speaker 6: Ryan?
Speaker 10: The guy went out with So we actually met through church. We both volunteer, like when we have events. We helped put out food and things like that, and obviously we've seen each other around and finally he asked me out.
Speaker 2: That means you were hoping for it, volunteering for the same area.
Speaker 5: How did he do it?
Speaker 10: I mean he just literally just asked if I wanted to go on a date. And I normally don't do this, but I did let him come pick me up at my place.
Speaker 2: Well, because you know him from church, I mean, yeah, hopefully you can trust.
Speaker 10: Him exactly, That's what I thought. So I invited him to come inside.
Speaker 1: And when he picks you up right away, yes, because I was.
Speaker 9: I was kind of frustrated at the time.
Speaker 10: I really like cooking and I have been searcheen for this ingredient called Aleppo. I don't know to be heard of it, but it's like a it's like a special chili spice.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, it sounds like one of those late night infomercials like ask your doctor if is right for you.
Speaker 9: It kind of does. But I had been looking been online and then trying to find.
Speaker 10: If it was available at any stores, and I just wasn't having any luck. And it was for the focok recipe I was trying to do for my family. The next day, the.
Speaker 3: Guy scattered, unless Aleppo is like some sort of afrodisiac before the date happened, But I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, maybe not not that I know of. Okay, we'll good to know.
Speaker 1: So him in, yeah, yes, and.
Speaker 9: He was being really sweet and he offered.
Speaker 10: He's like, well, let's go find it.
Speaker 9: He's like, I know some.
Speaker 10: Grocery stores in the area that has some cool stuff. So he's like, let's go check him out.
Speaker 3: So this must be the adjustment that you're talking about where you had something planned and suddenly you're going out to pick up spices.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, So we went to like three different grocery stores.
Speaker 10: But we finally ended up fighting it at like a specialty fancy store.
Speaker 2: Okay, then did you finally get to go on your date?
Speaker 10: Whoa? So by this point it was really late, so we just went back to my place and we did end up making out okay.
Speaker 1: And run Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So, I mean I felt a good connection and we planned on definitely going on another date.
Speaker 2: It's wild that you can't get a hold of this guy. I mean, assume that's why you're calling us.
Speaker 10: I just don't know what happened, you know, Like I'm assuming he had like a big plan for the night and it felt through. But I mean he he was being like the sweetest guy.
Speaker 1: They went on a second date. He doesn't have to.
Speaker 3: But from the way that you're the way that you just said that, did you not know what his plan was?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 6: That's the thing, because.
Speaker 3: There's a chance that maybe he had something really big plan, something really special, and he feels like he never got to do it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like he could have said that, you know, and I want a guy to put in that effort, like I want them to plan something special.
Speaker 2: And so wait, are you disappointed that he offered to take you to all those grocery stores?
Speaker 1: I'm confused.
Speaker 10: I mean did he like just take me there because he had nothing plan or.
Speaker 3: I don't know since that happened, have you been communicating and trying to put together another date or what's happened there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it just feels like every time we do something's always coming up.
Speaker 3: Now another spice is missing, and you used to do another oiseandering.
Speaker 10: Him though No I haven't seen him since.
Speaker 3: Sure, but you are trying to put something together, it's just never materializing into an actual.
Speaker 9: Meetup exactly exactly. So I don't know what's going on because.
Speaker 10: I feel I mean, I had a good time, even though I know we were just looking for spices.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you weren't disappointed that there wasn't a grander plan.
Speaker 10: I mean, if there was a grander plan, you know, I don't know that it existed because we never got to go out again. So I'd like to see it, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine what would be grander than a grocery store run to several different places around the city. But if he really does have something in mind, we'll find that out. We're gonna call Ryan and try and get you your second date update little spice on top of it. Yeah, I know, I think we're all hungry. We'll get this done right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here.
Speaker 1: Part two.
Speaker 3: Just quick recap if you miss part one. Two people met at church. That would be our listener, Aria and a guy named Ryan. He asked her out, but instead of doing their plan date for the night, whatever that was gonna be. Instead they went on a night long grocery store run all over the city trying to find one particular spice to help Aria finish a family.
Speaker 1: Remember it was his idea. It was his idea to help her out and go find this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, he was totally on board with that. But they never ended up going anywhere else except for back to Arias for a little C and K cooking and kissing.
Speaker 1: I was wondering about the food situation. Maybe he's not calling you back because he's hungry.
Speaker 4: She said. It was like a slow cooker, So I was like, they're not eating the chili.
Speaker 3: Whatever ended up happening. That was the last time the two of them saw each other. But we never asked how long ago was that date?
Speaker 10: Are you it's then almost two weeks sow while, Is it.
Speaker 1: So awkward right now because you were volunteering with this guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it's and that's why I don't know, I'm weird about it because I feel like it was a comfortable state.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things too, are you that like when you do just normal errands with someone and can still have chemistry.
Speaker 1: That means that there could really really be something there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's what I thought. And you know, and sometimes it's it's timing and it's like, now.
Speaker 9: I feel like we're losing that spark I guess that we have.
Speaker 3: You know, it'd be such a shame to have so much potential cut down by a six ounce jar of a lepo.
Speaker 5: That just doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, that's what I want to know. I mean, it just was going so good.
Speaker 5: I thought, well, let's find out.
Speaker 3: We'll see if Ryan picks up the phone, I'm gonna dial his number right now.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he answers, but let's do it. Hello, Hey Ryan, is this Ryan?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hey man?
Speaker 3: My name is Jeff from a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Everybody's here.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ryan, good morning from a showy radio show.
Speaker 7: Is this like a scam called I've been getting a lot of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we hate those two weeks to Ryan.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, this is not a scam called. This is a segment called a second Date Update, where we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with about two weeks ago, a girl from your church named Aria.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a cute response.
Speaker 6: Well, why is she contacting you?
Speaker 7: We're still in touch, like we're texting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said that.
Speaker 3: We got that impression from her, But what she's not understanding is why the two of you haven't met up a second time in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: I okay, I gotta be honest with y'all.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh, I don't like that sentence.
Speaker 7: I don't even know how to explain this, but I have I have this feeling that I just sort of can't shake.
Speaker 5: Okay, can you take a pill for it or something? Can you shake it?
Speaker 8: With that?
Speaker 1: We're joking, We're joking, what's up?
Speaker 7: Well this is a ridiculous, But I think maybe I feel kind of like I love her already.
Speaker 8: Whoa, I cannot think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say, you know her more than just one date because you guys have been volunteering together.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that that is totally insane.
Speaker 4: But why wait, why wouldn't you call her back? She thinks you don't like her and you love her.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just nervous that if we like go to dinner or drinks, it's just gonna feel different, like we did such a boring kind of thing, Like I just.
Speaker 6: Want to go to the post office.
Speaker 3: I don't Okay, you're done with all the romantic aspects already. You want to dive right into like boring chores, mundane forever, love life together.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm not saying forever, but I'm just feeling kind of stuck. And I mean it's funny that you call because I think about her all the time.
Speaker 4: To take her out your girl.
Speaker 1: I mean, if chores are fun with her, then imagine what.
Speaker 2: A great night out is with her, Like that will just only amplify the goods.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, I just feel like I might mess that up, Like, oh no, we have like this volunteering thing coming up, and I kind of think we should just do that.
Speaker 8: Oh God, you're friend zone her because it's going too well, listen to yourself.
Speaker 6: I don't want a friend zone her. I want more. But I think this might be the path to get there.
Speaker 1: I think will be the same, not more, It'll be the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of stuff running through my head, like I feel like I'm in paralysis, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Know what to do about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you know, I think you don't have to do anything right now. You could just stay paralyzed for the moment and let Aria do all the talking because she's on the other line waiting to jump in and speak with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah she's here, Yeah, right here, right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 9: Oh no, take everything in.
Speaker 6: Look, I didn't know you were listening to all that. So I take it back, or take or take a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Bout forget the last five minutes of your life.
Speaker 9: I don't think you can take that back.
Speaker 3: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Do you want him to take it back? Or did you like hearing that question?
Speaker 10: I I like hearing that, but I'm also concerned because I want that romance. I want that planned.
Speaker 9: Special date and I did have fun, like I told him.
Speaker 10: I really did have fun just going grocery.
Speaker 9: Shopping with you, absolutely, But there's got.
Speaker 10: To be more to it.
Speaker 6: So you want me to you want me to move in or something. I don't know. I'm just I'm spitballing here. I'm distressful.
Speaker 10: I mean, have you ever like planned a date before? I mean just something like I'm just kind of thought.
Speaker 7: I mean, I planned one with you, But we went to the grocery store and then that was way better than anything I came up with.
Speaker 5: What we don't know that it was better or worse.
Speaker 7: We were just gonna go to dinner and drinks, you know, the normal stuff.
Speaker 5: No, you're right, grocery store shopping's better.
Speaker 1: You listening to.
Speaker 2: Her and hearing what she needs though, too, Like she needs to feel special in taking care of and.
Speaker 6: That's what I was trying to do.
Speaker 7: She needed a spice and I was trying to help her find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wants to make her feel special by like taking her to the pharmacy to pick up her medication and helping her, you know, organize her junk drawer in her cabinet.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I think the difference is like the love language here, you know, Like I need that quality time, that special.
Speaker 9: Time, and he just kind of just wants to like do the practical help and that just doesn't reach me as much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that is a very clear message.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ryan, are you hearing her?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Aria, I am hearing you. I hear that you don't want me to help you anymore.
Speaker 7: And that's fine what she says.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody heard that, but you how could.
Speaker 1: She have communicated that more clearly?
Speaker 6: Are blogged with love?
Speaker 5: Okay? Ago again, I think there's an ointment for that put in your ear.
Speaker 3: But normally here we'd be asking Ryan if he'd want to go out, But it sounds like Aria, he's fully invested.
Speaker 2: He's already dropped the album for He's laid it down pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Aria, do you want to go on a date with Ryan? And if you do, we can pay for that date.
Speaker 10: I just feel like he's already halfway to the practical side and that worries me. But I'm willing to give it a shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you can learn to love practical? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So hot?
Speaker 5: All right, Ryan?
Speaker 3: She has officially said yes kind of. Yeah, So maybe bring a little bit of romance with you on your dinner date, maybe some flowers.
Speaker 6: I will pack some romance in my pocket.
Speaker 5: Okay, when you keep your romance?
Speaker 1: Is that what's in your right pocket?
Speaker 10: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: They told us they would try to give it one more shot, and now months later they're back to give us an update update.
Speaker 5: So, Ryan and.
Speaker 3: Aria, it sounds like you two are still together. How's the relationship going, Ahi, it's.
Speaker 7: Actually going really really good between us.
Speaker 1: Does that mean I love you as well?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Whoa, we're we're engaged?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 10: Yes, we are engaged. But honey, don't you think you should tell them this caveat?
Speaker 6: Oh? Right?
Speaker 5: Cat?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, she said yes with a stipulation. I wanted to see things up, and I proposed, you know, after one month.
Speaker 5: Oh at the one month.
Speaker 2: Mark, I mean when you know, you know, like okay, so and she said yes, after a month.
Speaker 5: But what what's the stipulation?
Speaker 10: I told him? If I said yes, the engagement has to last a full three years before.
Speaker 9: We even think of starting to plan the wedding.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Okay, why that long?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 10: You know that way it forces you know, him to slow things down.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 2: That's kind of smart, like you know you'll be together forever, but let's just pump the brakes and it actually date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I see how that works for Aria.
Speaker 5: Ryan. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's not my first choice, like I'd rather be married and have two kids my.
Speaker 5: Next well but next year.
Speaker 6: But honestly, as long as we get to be together, I am I'm beyond happy.
Speaker 1: Okay. Wow, I bet the proposal was such a romantic story. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well it was only our fourth.
Speaker 1: Date, I guess, but you didn't plan anything. You just popped the question.
Speaker 5: Well, we're I think she may.
Speaker 1: Want one more redo on that one too, I don't know.
Speaker 5: They sound like they're happy.
Speaker 3: Your guys are in a good spot, and we look forward to your wedding in four to seven years.
Speaker 5: Keep us updated you too.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: And while we're talking about podcasts and cool tech stuff, Jose, didn't you bring some cool tech on a flight with you recently?
Speaker 6: Yes? I did.
Speaker 4: It's actually in my hands right now. Sorry I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 1: He's cool.
Speaker 4: It's the new.
Speaker 8: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold eight and it looks like a little monitor that's not even.
Speaker 4: Folded open yet.
Speaker 5: Yo, you said fold Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's open, has a huge screen.
Speaker 4: So this is what happened.
Speaker 8: I'm on my flight recently, right there's no TV, so I opened my full date and I'm like, this is perfect. It connects with the Wi Fi. It looked great. So I'm all impressed with myself. But what happens we take off? I turn on the movie. Next thing, you know, I doze off because it's a flight, right, a little comfy.
Speaker 4: I wake up like an hour later.
Speaker 8: The person sitting next to me is so locked into my screen.
Speaker 4: They're practically on my lap.
Speaker 8: They're looking at the movie and I'm kind of just waking up, and he notices.
Speaker 4: He looks at me and he's like, what is this? Kind of like how Brooks said it.
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh, this is the new Samsung Galaxy Z fold eight and he's like, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: The screen works awesome, and I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, dude, I can watch movies, I can get my I worked one, I can like edit my content because it's big enough that I can really see the videos I'm editing.
Speaker 4: And he just can't get off. How cool? The folding part is yeah, I can't even see the crease. I'm like, I know. So I do a whole thing with him, and we end.
Speaker 8: Up watching the rest of the movie together, like the last forty five minutes, and he became my.
Speaker 1: Friend, new tech, new friend.
Speaker 3: Oh you could see everything you ever wanted in your life and even more.
Speaker 8: And I told him, like, bro, you know exactly what to buy for Christmas now, whether it's for you or for somebody else, you need this in your life.
Speaker 1: The shape of this thing is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually shaped like a passport.
Speaker 8: So Sam's apparently designed that on purpose, so it feels like a passport in your hand.
Speaker 4: I mean it's convenient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it in your pocket totally.
Speaker 8: But then you unfold it and it's like you have a whole mini tablet almost.
Speaker 5: Right, You're so cool. I want to touch it?
Speaker 1: You want to touch it?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah? The phone?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh my god. It does feel nice, isn't it cool? I could play with this whole day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the phone.
Speaker 8: Okay, so people listening now too, you literally are gonna have the same reaction. Check out the all new Samsung Galaxy foldable phones, the Galaxy Z fold eight and the Galaxy z fold eight Ultra.
Speaker 5: I love it, I want one.
Speaker 8: Go find the Galaxy Foldable that's right for you at Samsung dot com