Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: God. Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shanty. I am Jaseelle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here with us.
Speaker 2: I'm pumped. I'm pump. You're pumped. I am for what just it's a new day in life is good. It's air seasons.
Speaker 1: Who who?
Speaker 2: We got some aries out there, my fellow aries. Aries, y'all are running, y'all just running march. Y'all do not run the world. Y'all run march. That's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I acknowledge that virgos are like everywhere doing everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad about that.
Speaker 1: Aries are like, y'all might run the world, but like aries are like everybody loves the aries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all lovable. Everybody loves an aries. Okay, I'll take that. And so you don't, Yeah, it's hard not to love us.
Speaker 1: And it's like even once, even if you don't like us for a moment, then you realize, like.
Speaker 2: Oh I actually like them? Really? Yeah, yeah, y'all, I don't really know many aries. I think I just know you. No, you know some no, and I you know, I'm I'm I'm down with the aries Klan because of you. Okay, yes, okay, I know y'all are good people. We are good people. Thank you, Thank you very much, thank you. So what's what's popping? Okay?
Speaker 1: So I was shady moment of the week, y'all. The shady moment is that I just we just recorded shady moment and we weren't recording. Was like, once again, y'all know, I've done this numerous times.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it happened. So the responsibility of the person to press the button is ropping. Yes, And I did it. And she did not press the button to start this episode. I did it. I have to press the two buttons. I did it. I know.
Speaker 1: I pressed a button on the laptop to record the video.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can watch us on YouTube if you like. And I pressed the button on the audio recorder that says record, and I know I did it, and I clapped. I did the little audio clap, which makes no sense to Gizelle. It doesn't have to make sense to Gazel. I mean sense to Robin and Taylor, our editor, a producer, the one that appreciates the clap.
Speaker 2: He does, yes, and that's said that to you to make you so it does help me.
Speaker 1: He told me he appreciates the clap because it lines up the audio, like it allows him to sync the audio for the video.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yes, you know, okay, you know when you're.
Speaker 1: Filming a confessional, Yes, and the man comes in front of you with that black and white rectangular thing and he goes, you know.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Yes, he did. Like I like if I was doing a movie, right, like.
Speaker 1: No, if you're telling me a confessional, like, if you're about to start talking, yeahfore you start talking, that's the audio.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 1: That is like a placeholder or something for the audio people.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just like a dumb movie shit. No, well it's it's.
Speaker 1: There for a reason, so it syncs up the audio. It allows them to like have a finite place to sink the audio and video.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So I pressed the button on the video, I pressed the button on the audio recorder. I did, and I went like this, yeah, and we started recording, and I went through my whole shady moment. My shady moment was that my freaking lashes are bald. I took my extensions off of my.
Speaker 2: Like ale out here.
Speaker 1: Yea, yes, yes, I took my last extensions off. And it's so shady how my little eyelashes are freaking sparse, They're invisible, they are bald.
Speaker 2: Not right, but nobody to blame.
Speaker 1: But y'all say it's a horrible cycle because now I'm like, I'm gonna put these lashes back on the extensions.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but you have on a strip rong right now, which looks beautyful? Which brand that is? Okay, I'll have to look at the box, okay. AnyWho.
Speaker 1: That was the shady moment, and then this became my shady moment because I do because I have done this before in the past numerous times. I'm like always looking like I will occasionally glance at the recorder things and make sure they're recording. And so I looked at it and I saw that it said zero zero zero zero's.
Speaker 2: And it should be like clocking a time, and there was no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like no time moving. So now that turned into my shady moment. So that's just like robbing being robbing. But I'm like, I know I pressed the button.
Speaker 2: She did not, Okay, Anyway, we're gonna move on and talk about my shady moment because I recently did a little international traveling. Oh yes, tell us all about it. Okay, So I went. I took the girl girls hat. All three of my children had the same spring break at the same time, which probably will never happen again. Why not they go to three different schools. I don't know. I just did, but maybe it's maybe that's when they do their spring break. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know either, but like take advantage of it. Yeah's take advantage. So I decided that it was time for us to go to Cape Town, South Africa. Woo, there's a direct flight out of DC, out of dall. It's direct. Fantastic, fantastic for people like me who's sitting in the front. Not for my kids who were in the back. And I went to a check on them and it was put them in the back. Well I did not all the way in the back, back back, but they were back there, so they were not in a first class. But they had a little bit of action. They did, they did, but still they were like being mean to me. They were like, my just go back up there with the rich and I'm like the rich people. They were like, just go just leave us. But they were all three together. They had a good time back there. But it is. It is when you walk back from first class to back to on an international flight.
Speaker 1: Is it musty after you let's say, let's say it's our eighth Yeah, it's musty, and you walk back.
Speaker 2: There, it's like you're going into the tun drum. Whoa, it's a whoa. Anyway, we went to Cape Town and so many things. It's just it's it is because that's a fifteen hour flight. Yeah, okay, if you never been, you should go. Okay, shout out to all my Cape Town people. By the way, I am Beyonce in Cape Town, Okay, I am. Well the Real Housewives Potomac Is. I thought that they were going to be like well, first of all, I didn't know that they watched they had Yeah, exactly, they do have to show and they're up to date.
Speaker 1: We'll get I'll get occasional people like DM me I'm from South Africa, or even reasonably shady listeners from South.
Speaker 2: Ask okay, so what's like Okay, but like.
Speaker 1: Very few like you know, So I'm like, okay, I don't know how how they're watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were like clearly not expect you to walk down the street and see you. It was like like they were attacking me. It was at first I was scared because I didn't know. I was not prepared. But then afterwards I was like, oh, my people, my people. I was very.
Speaker 1: Now were they of all yes, racist, yes, recognize you, yes.
Speaker 2: Which was also strange. A lot of people were very respectful. But yeah, I'm so happy to see my people. So one, Okay, by the way, Cape Town is like absolutely beautiful, Like and I've been to you know, I've been to like the Mafi Coast, the Italy, I've been, I've done the French Riviera, I've done all these like beach type area places. Cape Town has just got them beat. Really. Yeah. Capetown is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Really because that's a little something, a little bit of everything kind of because you have you have the you have the history obviously, but every place has some sort of history.
Speaker 2: You have the beaches are beautiful, you have vineyards. They make a lot of olive oil and wine in Captown. You have the history of like you can go to like the most southern part of the continent. You have the wildlife, which you won't have any of these other places. So you can, you know, go to a safari and see some elephants if that's your thing. That was my thing. I love the elephants or zebras or whatever.
Speaker 1: So they have a lot of different aspects that other places just don't have.
Speaker 2: And then they have, like us, beautiful black people. Yeah. Okay, yeah, So where's the Oh, I'm getting to it. Oh okay, Okay, here we go. Okay. So you know, my children's father has spent some time in Cape Town, and actually the last time I went to Cape Town was with his mom recipes. She's amazing lady, and he recommended a restaurant. So I was like, okay, Jamal Bryant. So we went to this restaurant and I'm gonna actually say the name of the restaurant. Should I say the name of the restaurant? Sure? I don't know, Okay, I'm not gonna say say it. I'm not gonna say it. But it's on the waterfront, it's in the mall area. Okay, it starts with a B. Okay. So I went there with my children because that was recommended. They are they've been there for twenty five years. All the things got there, we ate. The food was amazing. Okay, what'd you get? They have like something called Langestine's or something. It's like, okay, that's like lobster, right, yeah, it's something similar to like in between a lobster and a shrimp. Okay, so god, so you can get a plate of that and shrimp and lobster and rice and Cohle sauces so good.
Speaker 1: And I assume I'm going to cut you off. I assume there's a lot of seafood there. Maybe yeah, because they're on the water totally.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's like yeah, and all everything's like super fresh. Oh. We went to they have a no Boot. They had a no Boo in my hotel and the best noboo ever really, yes, and mind you my kids because they're no boot snobs. We've gone to no boos all over the world and they're like, this is the best one. Really, the best fish or whatever they were wrapping up the sushi up with was like the freshest and it was great and they put their own little spicy twist to it. Okay, good to know. Anyway, So we went we had our great meal, and then like in the middle of the night, I started sweating bullets. I ripped off all of my clothes. You know, you're just like your body's shaking, you just rip off all your clothes. And then I ran to the bathroom, but I tripped and fell because my legs like gave out. Oh my god, crawling to the bathroom and it was an explosion. Oh no, I made it. I did make it to the toilet, major explosion. And I proceeded to be in that situation either throwing up or on the toilet for the next twenty four hours. Oh that's miserable because of this, and my children because of this freaking restaurant. Oh my god, so major food poisoning, shit from from this. Whatever you ate from the restaurant that will remain remain lameless. Okay, So all week we had a driver that's gonna stay with us for the week. I told him about it because that day, so that happened in the middle of the night. So that next day we were supposed to go on a boat ride, but boat riders canceled, not because of we were sick, but because of someone else. Anyway, So when we did see my driver again, I told him what happened. He was like, oh, I've heard about that from that restaurant before. So I'm like, not everybody getting food poisoning. Oh my god. So I told a hotel and I was like, look ahead, don't send nobody else to this restaurant. Oh oh no, so unless unless you want that person to be sick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's yes, that's my stadium ray Uh.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, Cape Town was everything. Now, mind you. I had to come home and get some antibiotics. But that's you know what's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know if it was a dream or just like a premonition that I was sick.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, no, way, you're like, I told you no, I know.
Speaker 1: We talked on on the phone, but once after we after we hung up, I was like, I actually like predicted that this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Yes, that I was going to get food boys and me and my children were that food boys. Man.
Speaker 1: That that, yes, that y'all were gonna be that. I don't know about all of y'all, but like that that something like that was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh it happened.
Speaker 1: Like I literally like thought that that was possible, and maybe it was just more so because I think my cousin went to part of Africa. I don't it wasn't South Africa, I don't know, and maybe got malaria.
Speaker 2: So like there was just like I was not in the bood. No, no, I know, I know so, but.
Speaker 1: But maybe it was just thinking like when you travel to a foreign country, just like yeah, you travel to Mexico, They're like, okay, don't drink the water. I just always hear people getting sick, so it's like, I don't know, I just kind of.
Speaker 2: Robbing over here giving me the bad Juji did it? I wasn't, but I had a little premonition. I'm so sorry that happened. Okay, but but we've traveled so much and not gotten sick that it's kind of like we would do yeah yeah, yeah yeah. So I was totally mad, but I'm just I was just like, I don't want any I want whatever's going on in that restaurant, y'all got to clean the shit up, like it's just not good.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if it's just more like there was. It's not that they did something wrong, it's just your whatever your body and the America you know what you're used to in America, Like didn't agree to something over there over the areas, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we want some good It's good that I didn't say their name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because because think about it, if this was happening happening frequently, like the restaurant wouldn't be open, it would it would close, Like it would be a big issue.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily because like people, I'm sure there's a lot of tourists, so people get sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the thing with like the people who lived there, oh true, you know, like people who live there were getting sick on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: That was a big problem. But you know, I yelled at the father who told me to go there, and he was like, maybe you needed a good detalk, and I was like, I hate you and don't talk to me for at least four days. I hate you. Moving on, No, that's miserable. Speaking of who we're not talking to no more is the man that we're not talking to. We don't bring him up, but we have to bring him up in this situation. Yes, I've had enough and I don't care anymore, and I don't want you around anymore. And I want you to go into your corner and or go check yourself into something. Okay, So we're talking about Kanye West, Yes we are. And he decided to talk christ say, yes about Jay and Beyonce's children. Yes, first and foremost we all know you don't talk about nobody's kids. No, that's universal. Yeah, or's mama. You can kind of get away. We talking about somebody's mom. Yeah, because mama's out here these days are christy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because some people's mamas were hoes, like you know what I mean, like you you were, You were probably.
Speaker 2: Created because your mama was a home. You know what I'm saying. Like Roga who's mama was a home just said somebody's my mama was not a hope, thank you very much. Now my mama's daughter might be a hope. Right, So then your children's mama might be listen listen. Okay. So anyway, Kanye decided to talk about.
Speaker 1: The Carter children, the babies, the little the young one, the twins, I mean.
Speaker 2: In a very disparaging, disgusting, nasty, despicable way. Yes, and we want Kanye to go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, and then it was like and then I don't know the secrets of events. But he's been on this crazy Twitter rant where he's talking about a lot of I think, did he start off talking about Kim and yours? And yeah, somebody putting a trademark putting North on an album, and he's mad and.
Speaker 2: He wants to put her on an album. He wants to put North on an album with Diddy. So Kim said no, sir, And Kim is like, look, I have the rights to her name and likeness or the trademark or whatever, and just so that we're clear, like it only takes one person parent to register that don't take two people. Has nothing to do with custody. So she's like, hell no, And then he goes on a rant.
Speaker 1: I thought it was that some other art was Playboy Cardi or so.
Speaker 2: Then So then supposedly Playboy Cardi. Kim reached out to him to ask if North could be on something of his Supposedly. I don't even believe all that. I feel like, I feel like Kanye is just going nuts right.
Speaker 1: Like who knows what the real story is, but it seems like it started with his beef with Kim because of North and this album or whatever, and he's calling them sex traffickers, and like, yes, I mean it's crazy, but the rant was insane. Yeah, I mean not just it. And I do feel like the rant he went on. Oh and then he so he does the whole jay Z and Beyonce Kid thing apparently took it down. I think he you know, clearly out a ton of backlash. And then what I saw was someone trying to justify, trying to now go on this rant of oh, he was saying, like all these people turned their back on him, and it was more of like a woe is me type rant, like yeah, I just but woe is me? This is what's going on with me. It's like definitely one of those like deflection type things. It's like, yeah, I just really really up, but let me turn the attention to something else. Yeah, now, And I mean he had this long list of all the people who wronged him or turned their back on him and just kept going and going and going. I mean what But for me, what I saw was someone on going through a manic episode. Yeah, needs to be you know, probably institutionalized, definitely on some medication. Definitely, you know, I hope there's somebody in his life that can get through to him and get him the help.
Speaker 2: That he needs, because he really does need help.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's not what he's doing is not normal and it's not okay, and it's detrimental to his life, his career. He's going to piss his body off, all of it, like his family. So when I saw it, I was I'm like, I'm not even mad at Kanye because he's this is a sick man.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at Kanye. I just I know that Kanye is going through something that he at this point can't control.
Speaker 2: No, he cannot, but you're going to control it today.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of crying, but somebody needed to take take his phone away.
Speaker 2: Someone needs to intervene like this for you know, he needs to be like in a ranch just relaxing, Just make him relax. Yeah yeah, with this phone nowhere near him. Yeah. Okay, So speaking of crying, Yeah, we have Elon Musk, which I hear has been doing some boohooing these days. Oh really okay because this stock is plumbting. So we don't really get into politics, but I think that this is something that we need to discover since the Trump inauguration, which was at this point three months ago. Yeah, two, not even too much, right, this is so January to February. Yeah, a couple of months. Two months.
Speaker 1: These stocks have been plummeting. They've been hitting the skids. They've been going down, not up. Okay, the worst of the worst would be Elon Muck's musk is Tesler.
Speaker 3: Yes, the shares have melted down by over half of their peak, and that was the end of December, before the inauguration. They're not worth about two hundred and twenty five dollars. We've seen sales of the company down forty percent. In interviews, lawn Musk says that he's surprised by the pushback and the protest. And there's the old saying that there's no such thing as bad publicity as far as selling anything. That doesn't appear to be the case with Tesla and the sales and the share prices down since the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: Negative one and forty eight billion. Tesla. You came out the moves Tesla.
Speaker 1: Listen, you could fool me, because I swear when I drive on the road, every other car I see is a Tesla.
Speaker 2: Not me. You don't see him. I've been I've been paying attention. Uh that used to be yeah, like in my area, my neighborhood. Not anymore, not anymore. I don't know if they traded him, man, I don't know if they hide him Tesla's. Yeah, but they ain't driving.
Speaker 1: I have actually seen Tesla's with the sticker on the back that was like, I bought this before Elon did something South Like they're they're like.
Speaker 2: Putting the disclaimer out there, like don't blame me. Yes, I bought this before, but no, I don't know. I swear.
Speaker 1: I'm it's gotten to the point where I like, count how many Teslas I see when I'm on the road, and I'm like, this is insane.
Speaker 2: Well it used to be insane. Yeah, but hopefully well they're the dealerships are getting trashed and yeah, closing and he's losing money. He's crying in the White House. Yeah what I understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got rid of my Tesla stock a long time ago, even but never yeah, yeah, before Elon was even like, you know, in bed with Trump.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I got rid of it a long time ago, but yeah, that's I mean, the market is very valatile, right now it is basos, you didn't lost twenty nine billion, and we say twenty nine billion.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money. That's a lot of money. It still ain't nothing to them, No, not nothing to them. I'm still on their yachts. Ei, They're still in the yachts. Okay, Zuckerberg five billion, LVMH five billion. I don't know what this is alphabet that's Google. Oh, Google twenty two billion minus twenty two bill So listen, this hasn't worked out for them.
Speaker 1: No, oh, it hasn't. However, Yeah, we know that markets fluctuate.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: We know that they go because when Trump won the inauguration, everything was up, yes, like yes, So we know that it goes up, it comes down, it levels out. So I don't know, I'm not really looking a whole lot into it, and I'm still even not even like I know, like right now, it's like when we think about everything that's going on in the tariffs and the egg prices and the I'm like, it's it's concerning, but I just know everything levels out at some point. It sucks because I think some people are going to have to go through some challenging times, especially the federal workers that are getting laid off.
Speaker 2: I'm so, you know, it's so crazy. Yes, so is Yeah, because most of those federal workers live in Maryland. State of Maryland. Yeah you see Maryland. Yeah, what's West doing?
Speaker 1: Well? Our governor says that he's he wants to try to hire a lot of those federal workers. Oh okay, because we have a lot of well we have a huge teacher shortage. So he wants to find jobs for those federal workers that are being laid off. Oh look at Wes Moore, are you Oh yeah, Wes got it under control. Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, So he's doing what he can to help the people who have been affected by these federal government layoffs. Okay, sure, yeah. I was going to say something. I have, you know, my business, Glow thirty and so we have members that come in and a lot of them, you know, they come in during the middle of the day and get their facial and now a lot of them are like, oh my gosh, now I can't come until the evenings because.
Speaker 2: I had to go back to work.
Speaker 1: And they're like describing like just and this was because I think the day this was like the other day when they when they had to go back to work and they're like, I'm just talking about how insane it was like moving people's offices around.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: She's like, I had I had a a window office, and now I got to share office somewhere else with someone else, and they have to combine spaces because they've lost some spaces elsewhere. Like the traffic getting there was crazy, the parking lot was crazy.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to park. So it makes you think like Trump might have been onto something if they were getting their facials during the day at Glow thirty and when they were supposed to be working.
Speaker 1: So okay, that's that is part of the argument. However, I think that a lot of those people were more productive and efficient working from home.
Speaker 2: I agree. I experienced that myself.
Speaker 1: So when I worked in PR, I worked for my friend Abba, she still has her PR agency.
Speaker 2: TAA PR.
Speaker 1: And I worked for Abba and I was able to work from home. But I was supposed to be in the office like one day a week, and that day that I would go into the office, I could not get anything done, Like I couldn't focus. People are just talking all the time and interrupting. You're hearing people's phone calls. Yes, I could not get a thing done, and I was like, I can't work here. I do much better work at home because you can like work, you know, all day. And then they people who work from home, they say, you find that you actually end up working longer. Yes, because you're like, okay, you know you're you're on your computer at seven o'clock at night or you're you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like they're just well, I mean, you need to take time off for the facials, so you definitely work longer, right, and you work better after you have your facial Yes, yes, you feel better exactly.
Speaker 1: So so like, okay, I get it, Like, yes, there are people who work from home, and they probably were doing things during the workday to like, you know, I don't know, take care of their beauty.
Speaker 2: Which is important, which is important. Care is important, But they.
Speaker 1: Were more productive in their job as long as they got their job done. Yes, I agree, in the time frame that it's supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: Then what was the problem? No problem over here, Yes, no problem over here. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if there's governor I mean government workers listening and you guys have gone back to the office, like let.
Speaker 2: Us know how it's working out for yes, let us know because there's like, because it's so funny because I had this conversation with Cal and so Cal would before COVID, when did the people start working from home COVID?
Speaker 1: Around COVID COVID, I mean, even though there were some people who did like the telework like two or three days a week. Yeah, they had already had set up some people working from home a few days a week.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So before COVID, he would get off on market like ten eleven o'clock at night, which is crazy, yeah, because people are coming after work to get done. So I forgot that. So then for the past five years he's been like he normally calls me like right when he leaves work, which had been around seven thirty eight o'clock, so he hadn't been calling me, and I was like, what's going on, Like why aren't you calling me? It was like still later times people went back to the world. So yeah, he's working like super late. He's not getting.
Speaker 1: Home until he had like eleven o'clock. Oh wow, okay, yeah, so he effected.
Speaker 2: So, but but his middle of the day still hasn't changed. He's still got a million people in him during the day. I don't know how he gets done. Yeah, and he has to be my friend A lot for cow that's a lot. That is a lot too much. That's interesting because I've even said like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well maybe we should have a couple of days where we're in later, like our last appointments in Glow thirty or at six pm.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, well, maybe I need to like extend the hours on like seven a Thursday and have you know a word. I don't know, but we'll see. That's so interesting. But our most Glow thirties closed at six our last appointment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's like across the board. We close it at seven. Is like we're out of there at seven, or you know, after we clean up. I saw this kind of question on online. It was like, would you rather earn just this hypothetical, earn one hundred and sixty thousand dollars a year and go into the office or earn one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year and work from home? Twenty me too, Yeah, yeah, one twenty yeah, because I can get a side hustle on for for that extra.
Speaker 2: Forty because I'm home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I and most people with most people in the comments took the one twenty they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you just when you're working at your own pace, in your own space and not having to deal with like cause you know, office drama is real. Oh yeah, don't know if I got time? Oh yeah yeah. So once all that is cut, then you can you can be more productive, right yeah, yeah, I'm with that. Yeah, but you have a whole business so and that you need them in there.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean my business is hat like you can't work from home doing facial botox and stuff like you can't. No, so you know, like that's that's different, and that type of work is different as well. Like people who are in the beauty esthetic industry, like they love that's like that's they love doing that. People who work for like the federal government don't necessarily love. Like if you're on a computer in an office, like if you you know, it's like if I can sit on.
Speaker 2: A computer at home and do the same work, I'd rather do that absolutely.
Speaker 1: But people who do like service service industry, people can't work from home now unless you have a home salon, you know.
Speaker 2: Right then I got to come to you. Well, no, I mean, I guess that's okay because I got to go to cal Yeah. Yeah, So I do want to touch on our friends at the Breakfast Club. Oh yeah, yeah yeah. And our friends are Charlemagne and en V and Jess and Lauren. I've never met Lauren, think me neither. Yeah you met Jess? Yeah of course? Yeah. What the hell is happening over there to Breakfast?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, lads, is there an update today? I was expecting an update today like yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 1: To help on air day. I'm expecting to say so and so it's no longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't This is the thing. I don't want to know any of it, Like we should not be we should not to any of it. Okay, So if you don't know what we're talking about. Jess Hilarious is one of the co hosts of The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if The Breakfast Club is a very extremely popular radio morning show, Yes on the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're like the number one syndicated in the country. Okay, Okay, So having said that, yes, everyone knows The Breakfast Club and Jess when she got the job. Shortly thereafter she got pregnant and she left for a while to have the baby, obviously, as mamas do. And when she left, she kind of recommended or they recommended Lauren a fill in for her a feeling right, So, but Laura is great, you know, she's kind of coming from a journalistic background.
Speaker 1: So, and Lauren was like a producer on the show already.
Speaker 2: Yes, And but we know Jess Hilarious is a comedian. Yes, so those are two different skill sets. Yes, okay, So Jess comes back from a journey leave and apparently that's when the rubs started to rub it. Yes, so just came back Lauren stage. Lauren went nowhere because I mean, Drupey told Lauren is great at what she did, what she's doing, right, and I think she's Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 1: And apparently so, so Jess had a segment she would talk about like hot topics, what's going on in the world, and the segment was called Jess with the Mess yea. And then so while just right, yeah, while Jess was on maternity leave, Lauren, Lauren took over that segment and it was like Lauren with the Mess. No, it was like Lauren for just with the Mess or something like Lauren covered. Now Lauren's covering.
Speaker 2: Ess with the Mess. It's something like that Lauren's.
Speaker 1: So they still titled it just with the Mess, and then eventually it turned into something like the Latest with Lauren something I didn't know that happened. Yeah, yeah, oops, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm getting these titles. And so in the meantime, there's a guy I don't know who he is who's like trolling Jess, like he's out there saying yeah, because Jess ain't that talented anyway, and Laurence touned and just's not. And then Jess is reading the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like on social media, don't do the death of everyone, right, don't ever recomment. Well, if you read them, just don't take him to heart. Yes, like just ignore him, say okay, okay, lose her by and move on and keep.
Speaker 2: A pushing Okay. So we saw Jess go home one night from her job and like trash the breakfast club on Instagram line on Instagram line, and then I thought that that was like her swan song. I'm like, because I don't know people that are able to trash their job and then go back to the job. The next day, Like, I just that's not in my line of right, Okay, I mean me did it the other day? By the way, did she trash it? Well, that's a whole nother story. I don't know. I didn't watch. Yeah, people sent me clip after clip, Okay, So so I'm not I'm thinking she's not gonna be there the next day, and she's there right to continue the trashing to Charlemagne NB Space.
Speaker 1: Yes on air, so that millions of people in here, and she just was like, y'all ain't gonna paint me out to be this woman who is crazy, and y'all don't support me, y'all don't have my b y'all don't.
Speaker 2: Have my back. And I I understand and I totally understand everything she's saying. Yeah, because in every job, no one's gonna have your back. I just feel like that's just life. Yeah, And you can't ever take it personally. You just try to figure out how you fit and keep it pushing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, I guess what does she want them to publicly defend her? I don't know, like how, like that's what That's where I'm kind of lost, Like where where did they not have her back? Like, are they were they supposed to publicly say something.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were supposed to not have Lauren around anymore. Lauren was supposed to supposed to go back to behind the scenes. I don't know. I do know that Charlamagne got a big key key out the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Right, He's like sitting there there like you could tell this is like a serious issue for her and laughing and he's like trolling the whole time.
Speaker 2: Which I found funny. But envy was serious, yea. Trying to envy was kind of like, this is whack. We have meetings, We have meetings, and why don't you discussed this in the meeting? We don't discuss this on air, right, I felt very much like this is a a meeting that we should not be in. Yes, So did you feel like that was.
Speaker 1: Like the beginning of the end, Like I don't know, I want her.
Speaker 2: To be happy. It seems like she's not happy. I want her to be happy. Yeah, yeah, I don't it definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean part of me is like, Okay, on one hand, I'm like, it definitely was not an appropriate conversation to have on air, in my opinion, for everyone to hear. Now everyone's in the business, everyone really has an opinion. Now, now you brought up an issue that a lot of people may not have even been aware of, right, you know, because you're worried about some a few some people on social media, like everyone doesn't feel the same way or if you do comments or whatever. But then on the flip side, I was like, is this intentional? Like were they kind of like, let's talk about this on air because this is.
Speaker 2: Well, I felt like she did the IG live. Well, there was no way that you couldn't. I feel like she did the IG live. There was no way she can come back to work and not talk about it. There's no way that shit went viral. So I just it's kind of like reality TV. It's like, if it happens in the blogs, talk about it. Yeah. So it's kind of like that. Yeah, I guess so yeah maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: So I guess they were probably like, Okay, well you did all that yesterday. We can't just sit here and pretend like that didn't happen. Yeah, And then she started crying.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad. I want, yeah, I want both of them to win, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Hoping that they take it easier her because she is postpartum.
Speaker 2: You know who knows, well, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that she has postpartum depression, but she's postpartum like and you know, a woman raising an infant and having and she got older kids and all that.
Speaker 2: Like it's a lot. It's well, but I mean, Robin, we all go through a lot, we do. And but when we have troubles at work, yes, we tell our co workers offline, true, or we have meetings offline true, or we we call you know, if you want to talk to the powers that be, there's ways to do that, right so am I'm not an advocate for airing out work drama for the world right now. I'm not an advocate of that.
Speaker 1: But I guess maybe it ended up on Instagram live has she she pressed the button respond, But because she's responding to these these comm these the comments and the social media was getting to her and so she found she maybe found herself trying to just address that those people and it turned into more so it seemed felt like she was addressing her job instead, you know what I mean, Like it just it's you just better off just not saying anything, just say nothing, just talk about it behind.
Speaker 2: That that's our two cents.
Speaker 1: Jess ignored the troll and just ignore the people that they want a reaction.
Speaker 2: Yes, she gave it and deal with Charlemagne produced the producers of Reckless Club, and we deal with them in the meetings. I know they have meetings, right or she could say, like, look, y'all.
Speaker 1: And this is the other part about when when with like social media, she's saying, y'all, don't defend me, y'all, don't come to my defense. How do how are they supposed to know what she's receiving on social media?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, if I'm reading comments that are directed to me, I can't expect that Gazelle knows what people are saying to me. And so I can't expect for Jizelle to have sympathy or to say, oh, girl, you know, I'm sorry that those people are saying that about you, because those comments are directed at me. And so she was kind of wrong for even assuming that they know the level to which these comments are. Yes, they probably see something, but she's probably receiving like ninety percent of the comments, where like Breakfast Club might see ten percent of them. And you're dealing with two guys that don't give a damn about social media and that too, right, So she would have been better off just coming to a work media and saying, hey, guys, I'm getting slam slammed in the comments? Is really bothering me? Like we need to like I would like to do something to address this situation that seems to be prevalent on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so Jesse We wants you to know her emotions. I guess got the best of her, which they which they doe, which they do call. I've called Robin many a day and just start cussing, all right, right, but she don't do it on social media? No, no, I did not. Now, speaking of your your emotions getting the best of you. So did you see this? Tony Braxton wanted to say happy birthday to Tamar Braxton, but when she did that, she realized that she was blocked by her sister. Have you blocked your family members before?
Speaker 1: I had actually recently, this few months ago, I had considered blocking my brother.
Speaker 2: How did I know this? How did I know this? But I saw it. I'm like, I need to talk to Robin about this. Okay, did you tell him about to get blocked? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, he doesn't know. No, well he's not blocked. No, I didn't block him. I considered blocking him, okay, but it was just one of those like like we had we had a little tiff right over the phone and through text messages, and I was just like, you know what, I'm just gonna let cooler heads prevail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna like very rare.
Speaker 1: Phone down, put the phone down, just walk away, whatever, and then just tomorrow is a new day. So I did not block him, okay, but I had considered blocking him, not just off of my Instagram but from my phone too, like you know what I'm saying, like like you can't send another sex message to me?
Speaker 2: That was who I was, like I was at that point, that's he'd made you mad?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and it was. And it was at that point where like you start texting in.
Speaker 2: All caps, you know what I mean, Like do you not hear what I'm saying? You know what I'm saying like that types of So so I've been there, Okay, all right, So yeah it happens, and families that happens, that's true. Yeah, but for Tony not to know she was black, right, it's comedy, that's funny.
Speaker 1: But then the other part, which I guess Tamar called out, was like because because Tony, I guess posted that she that she was trying to wish Tamar a happy birthday on social media, but but she was blocked. And Tamar's like, but bitch, you could have like called me, messaged me, or called me to wish me a happy birthday. So now you're being like passive aggressive and you're trying to let the world know that it's blocked. There's an issue. Yeah, yeah, right, so I don't know. I think Tony, it wasn't even passive aggresive. It's aggressive agressive yea, yeah, yeah, but it was kind of like, oh, I wanted to wish it is passive aggressive. I wanted to wish you a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: But I was blocked.
Speaker 1: But then right, but bitch, make it make sense, Well, call me and wish me a happy birthday like list, So then you.
Speaker 2: End up posting it. But that's passive aggressive, like she was trying to be like, oh woe, it's me, and when you know, I'm trying to do a nice thing, like I don't know why she blogs me. Yeah, if Tony Braxton's my sister, I would demand she sing me Happy birthdays every year, right, like, you've got to sing to me. You cannot call me, you cannot text me. I mean you call me to sing, right, you cannot text? Right? You better sing right? Yeah right?
Speaker 1: You better come with us? Yeah you know, but I hate to see siblings. You know, have been for issue. So hopefully they resolved them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, maybe not, because this probably made it worse. What's the status of the Braxton girls are they? I guess they're not speaking to each other? Yeah? I hate that. Yeah, yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It seemed like years ago there were still tight, right, and the Braxton family values.
Speaker 2: Just ruin them. That's what a lot of reality does, right, reality shows do? Yes? Okay, now speaking, okay, one more thing and then we got to get out of here. Guys. I want to talk about the astronauts, okay, okay, So the astronauts went to space for a week, ended up staying nine months. Oh my god, they just got back. Why by nine months? I think something went wrong, some went left, or something happened they couldn't get back. I don't know, something something strange happened. Okay, but can you imagine like you go up there for a week or for what you think is going to be a week, and you can't come back for nine months. And I think that at one point they didn't know when they were going to bring them back, but they did bring them back. They finally made it back nine months later. So I just it made me think of like all of the appointments that I had, like doctor's appointment, Mam mcgraham. Oh yeah, a lot happens in nine months. A lot happens in nine months. Oh my god, got trips planning, right, Like all this shit canceled.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking about my appointments. I'm thinking about the fact that I'm stuck in this little pod for nine months.
Speaker 2: No, I think they could get out. They were they were walking, they were walking. Or no, there's a space station. There's an International space station. Really, yes, Robert, I'm gonna need for you toting in the air. You put on your suit, right, and then you go there's a Starbucks up there, and no it is not. There's a testa dealership, the spray painted, there's all guides of things up there. What is that? Were they in like a pod the whole time? No? Yes, correct. However, I do believe that they went out, they could leave the contraption that they were in. Okay, I don't want to be there for nine months. I don't care. If I don't have a single appointment at home, I.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me stuft sit on my couch for nine months.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would feel that way if I was stuck anywhere in the world for nine months, right, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even have to be stuck in space.
Speaker 1: If I was stuck in Scotland filming traders for nine months, I would die.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's death. That would be death. Yeah, there's I mean, there's like new shows on Netflix that come out. You miss those.
Speaker 1: There's like ahll kinds of things. So I have to be up to date on love and hip hop, you know what I mean. Stuck exactly exactly. Oh my gosh, that's so crazy. So they're back now.
Speaker 2: They're back now, and everybody's reunited with their fan bams. Oh my god. Yeah. And I think the eight I think it ages you. Maybe, like you can't even get botox for nine months? What or your hair done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I think that whole process, the zero gravity, I don't think it's great for your skin?
Speaker 2: So didn't I do? You know what? It's funny.
Speaker 1: I remember the other day it was like on CNN, it was like breaking news, the astronauts.
Speaker 2: Are coming back. But I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 1: So this is what we're talking about. So have we seen what they look like? Well, the one there's there's a lady.
Speaker 2: I do. I do want to say it before and after there was a lady and she had like some grays in her hair, and I'm like, did she have that when she left? Is this someone didn't Trump talk about her hair or something? I feel like you said, yeah, she crazy hair something like that. Well her hair in zero gravity, like all over her head, right, but like that that she's not crazy hair. She just has zero gravity hair. Did I dream that? I don't know Trump.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: Trump probably talked about because Trump had decided that we are colors.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they took away that our protections right from segregation.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wants it to go back. When there was signs that said colored and white, white and white color, whites and color. Yeah, so that's not cool, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's sweet if that shit happens like that's he did it already.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. If someone actually, oh does that? Does that? Oh? Yeah, yeah, we're that's gonna be bad. Yeah, but it's fine because like, y'all can't have if that's what you want to do, you can't have all of our dope shit, right, Yeah, you can't have our music. You can't have you can't watch any like like if we're in a professional athlete, you can't watch the game. You can't you can't eat our food, you can't come to our parties, you can't do none of that. That's true, and we are dope. That's true. Af Okay, indeed, that is our show for today. We love y'all so much. That's our episode. Do I ever forget to live your life? Either reasonable or it's shady or boob bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady