Speaker 1: You said, I always knew it, but I just didn't want to put that attention that kind of I didn't want to face it because I had failed before in another marriage. Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. This is the pregame portion of your program. As I initialed these things, you guys writing questions, comments and concerns. Remember, you can do them anonymously, which I like. Maybe I'll start submitting questions anonymously.
Speaker 2: You won't know it's me, I don't know. See what happens you start answer me. I told you I had a.
Speaker 1: Question I wanted answered, never feel anything from you, and now we took admit it. I was going to say, you never submitted that, because there was definitely more questions.
Speaker 2: Than answers in that situation. Offline terrible.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys. First things first, Oh, this is cute? Yeah, ak eight to oh. One favorite board game. My favorite board game is Clue. It always has been. I still have a dream. Oh okay, well, then you won't be coming to the Clue party that I want because what I wanted him not good at it. Okay, Well, what I've always wanted to do is have a Clue party and real life and everyone dresses up is one of the characters, Colonel Mustard, Missus Plumb, Missus Scarlet, Missus White, whatever, and then you have a murder mystery party. I think it would be so fun. I love this game, although I was always perturbed that you had to have at least three players because no one ever wanted to play. Clearly, you won't be playing with me, So three players loved it.
Speaker 2: Second runner up is Shoots and Ladders.
Speaker 1: Go. I was gonna say Shoots and Ladders, but I have a question. In Clue, there's a character named Colonel Mustard. Yes he is, as you can assume the mustard color of the little piece. Yes, yes, Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the wrench, classic character. What's a conservatory? Okay, she's not playing. Conservatory is one of the rooms where you can do you know what a wrench is? I'm gonna yeah, and I don't know what a conservatory is. Is that where nuns are?
Speaker 2: No, that's a a convent?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, okay, I'm fresh off of light from Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: She is, and we will talking about that on our falling podcast.
Speaker 1: This one had the Game of the Year last year, and there were fights and all sorts of things figuring out of my face, get your with a slick pony. Well it's slicked back because it still looks like crap from yesterday where it was raining and missing the whole time. And I just clearly said, you know what, the fact we don't have hair out on the road, this is exactly why. Because this hair looks crazy. Well, I'm gonna save this for the fu length podcast. Because you also don't realize that the second that your camera goes up, we hear everything and and see everything you do. So would you were like, I look like a wet talk this is crazy. There was like my things, I wanted to text you where you're gonna go into your hit. So I was like, I'm just going to lay out.
Speaker 2: On this one. I said, crazy.
Speaker 1: The comedy is in the shit that you say before sometimes during yesterday, which by the way, Cherry's like, oh, you've got jokes. I like the theatrics, and I'm like, no, that's just Aaron doing a report like a normal person and having personal atolitary Okay, I digress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about this on the fully at the game, seven hours before I needed to. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: I'm writing it down being at the game seven hours before I need to. Okay, Anonymous, We love Anonymous. Keep on coming. We won't say who you are because we don't know it's anonymous. My best friends and I hate one of our friend's boyfriends. Ooh, he can't hold a job, very negative and picky, and even got them to spend thousands on a dog that he takes no part of. We've noticed he influenced her, influences her to make bad financial decisions, even though she used to be very financially smart.
Speaker 2: They've been dating for about five years. Should we talk to her? Yes?
Speaker 1: Was this commission by you from previous boyfriends of mine? Because there's a lot of boxes that were checked off here of various people in my past.
Speaker 2: Why was it taking you five years to talk to her?
Speaker 1: That's crazy and I'm sure she probably knows you don't like him anyways.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with her? Doesn't she want to save her money financial decisions? Does he have a job?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, he can't hold a job. Yes, I think you bring it up to her. This is crazy. I'm going to talk to you missus or missus anonymous, miss anonymous, and from mix and grab some hummus, because this is going to be a minute. I have been on this side of it, and my lovely co hosts and girlfriend Aaron on the side told me a lot of things about my current or not current, my previous situations and brought to light things that I did not want to see. I chose to ignore, even if I knew they were there. She put a spotlight on them all. And as hard as it is to hear it, especially from the people that you love, they are saying it because they love you and they want the best for you. So I think you're doing your friend a complete disservice by not being totally honest with her about this, and especially if she keeps complaining about the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 2: I'm going through.
Speaker 1: This with some friends right now where it's like I hear the same thing over and.
Speaker 2: Over again, and finally I'm like, change it.
Speaker 1: Because I'm someone who if there's a problem you are you told me this, I know because you've been busy. That's an anonymous submission. Oh no, I'm having a mid life crisis. We'll talk about that in the big show, we got to we'll talk about all really yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it's like I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm someone who will have I'll give you a lot of runway, but then once we're off that runway, it's the end of a cliff and I can't keep endorsing or supporting the same narrative. I've read the same chapter of your book over and over and over again, and I'm bored. I'm putting the book down and you come back to me when you want to write the next chapter, because this is boring and I just want my friends to be happy. So unless you want to make a change, and I'm saying this to the anonymous friend or the friends that I had, unless you want to make a change, like then it's going to be the same shit over and over again. So I will say this long, winted answer, but I'm not sticking up for your anonymous friend. Which I can't wait till your anonymous friend submits a question to us about you. I had this friend and she hosts a podcast, and now she just talks about me publicly.
Speaker 2: Oh so you anonymous.
Speaker 1: I want to bring up one thing that you said to me about when I approached you about what was happening in your life. I thought it was really interesting, you said, I always knew it, but I just didn't want to put that attention that kind of I didn't want to face it because I had failed before in another marriage. And as simple as that sounds, I just I fucking got it. And I felt bad that I.
Speaker 2: Didn't see it that way. But then I was like, all right, come on, we got to get out of this, like this is so unhealthy.
Speaker 1: You were my harshest critic, and I say this because in life you are my harshest friend. And you have also and that's a good thing because you will tell me truths that a lot of people are probably afraid to say or don't want to hurt my feelings or don't want to you know whatever, put.
Speaker 2: That on me.
Speaker 1: But you have also pushed me to make the best decisions in my life because of your honesty. So it'll make me emotional thinking about it. But like, if I don't get that from you, then I really don't get it from a lot of people, because it's you.
Speaker 2: Just put you know some of our friends that do that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You and you are, and so it's it's the best and the worst thing in the moment because you're like puck.
Speaker 2: She's right, but a really good friend will.
Speaker 1: Say things that you don't always want to hear, but you need to hear, so to miss anonymy hear hear who you're talking about, but we won't because that person's anonymous.
Speaker 2: Oh my probably lessame. Probably not anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yes, go ahead and tell your friend if you're a real friend. And by the way, and I will say this too, because this is the last part on this and I could do a whole podcast just on friends and this very top topic. Oh, time's up. I would say, be prepared for her to get mad. And if if it hurts your friendship, then you probably didn't have the friendship that you thought that you had. And that's where you kind of need to be like, all right, I'm willing to like lose this person as a friend or lose the like, you know, closeness of the friendship if she can't handle it, because that's just what comes with the territory.
Speaker 2: Oh coh, my.
Speaker 1: Girl, come back for all your so we really light calm down today, you know, okay, Morefielder, Oh, this is great, this is for you, sister expecting my first baby in eight weeks and freaking out.
Speaker 2: Tips for newborn live my mommy.
Speaker 1: You should have, you should be. This is the wrong week to ask me. I'll preview it for the big show. I had my first big like panic, anxiety, chest pains like week and just tough.
Speaker 2: Oh so must be good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enjoy these next eight weeks because after your kid comes, it's never going to be the same. Make sure you've got everything done on your checklist. Make sure you have everybody in order that you want coming and helping you out because I'm I. I obviously didn't physically have my baby, but once your baby comes there your world is upside down. To just make sure you get your plans in order now and enjoy the qt time with your partner because it's over.
Speaker 2: It must have been love, but it's Jared. That's a dedication to you. No, we're not getting divorced.
Speaker 1: God, oh gosh, Jesus, this is the time, and you have got on a calm down sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Knitter Beth five oh nine, Travis and Taylor is still loving it or over it?
Speaker 2: I love it? I still love it.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I am really into this song right now, Like I think about it when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Let's fat forward to three hundred takeout coffees later. Is it over now?
Speaker 1: Jillian Gregory are resident makeup artist, had a great song. Hey, why didn't that song slap when she first released it?
Speaker 2: Like it slaps?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Why is that still popular? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'm into them. Still do your thing, guys, I will tell you this right now. Here's a fun fact. And no, this isn't a plug for the podcast, but probably about the last three weeks I have listened to you Need to Calm Down on my way into work in the morning at four thirty am, because it just puts me in the right headspace where she's like, it's seven am.
Speaker 2: Like you're being so loud.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is how I felt about everyone in life, and I'm like, it is too early, It is too much. If you don't like it, just leave me alone and calm the fuck down. So yeah, I blast that thing going down Pico Boulevard with my coffee, and he starts my day off right, and I whip on into that fox lot and I am just as happy as can be, knowing that she has set the Littles backtrack, background and soundtrack to My life and listen, I know we're going over. But I got a little intel this weekend from some wags out in Philly. Not Eagles wags, and I'm not saying they're forty nine ers wags. I'm not going to tell you who they are, but saw some NFL wags. Yeah, no, they're NFL. And somebody asked in front of me if what the gals on their team thought, and they were like, love it adorable and they were like, you know why, because that's a man. And she's oh, here's a good one. Here's a good take from an NFL wag, which I loved. She said this for the first time publicly. It seems like she's with a guy that's not like, oh yeah, I'm with Taylor, don't take my picture. I'm at the concert. She's the guy that's wall Street.
Speaker 2: Oh uh oh uh oh oh yeah, I'm into it all. I'm into it all. Yeah, into it all. Mention it all.
Speaker 1: And speaking of mentioning, we've got a lot to mention, discuss, and break down on the full length podcast. I have a feeling and I get a good feeling about something.
Speaker 2: You're not going to want to miss this one. We have a lot to discuss. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.