Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Can I just point out, you guys, I know it's a podcast, but I am wearing white because it's your night, because I'm losing my virginity.
Speaker 1: Oh is not a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, losing my religion? Oh no, wait, like a virgin Hey, that's the fit I like when you do these.
Speaker 1: Bye, David Silver, Yeah, why because you waited? Because you waited? Oh he waited so much time on this episode. Okay, so much happens in this episode is so so good. Okay. This is part due of graduation Day and this is also aired on May twenty first, nineteen ninety seven, episode thirty two. This is it you guys. This is the last episode of season seven. Give him a final synopsis.
Speaker 3: Stour we made it here.
Speaker 2: A go, says Kelly's convinced Valerie was just bluffing. After Brandon talks are off the ledge, Claire says, of what you know, I can't do a French accent of his peace out in French to Steve, but a lonely Valerie says, bonjou got that one. Bill Taylor is about to do time for his white colored crimes, and Donna is roaring to go after the twenties birthday bash, bringing seven seasons of dry humping to a climactic.
Speaker 1: It does not say that. It does not say seven seasons of dry humping.
Speaker 2: My friend's word for word, Lorraine, I have specialty, Loree.
Speaker 1: Your gig's so naughty.
Speaker 2: Seven seasons of dry humping to a climactic end.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's a lot, okay. Directed again by Jason Priestley and written by Larry Mullen and Phil Sabbath. Sabbath. So many questions, where to start.
Speaker 3: So many answers. Oh my save Tory's part for the end, can we please? Or do you want to start with it? No, we'll save it for the end. All right, Fine, okay.
Speaker 1: It's taking.
Speaker 2: So I've held on to this for seven seasons. You guys, give me something.
Speaker 3: Let me say he.
Speaker 1: Needs more time.
Speaker 3: Do we start with Valerie Claire.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Valerie on the cliffs edge, because that's where I ended it, like part one, Part two, and so she's on the cliffs edge in her mark wang Nark evening gown.
Speaker 3: And the first of all, I did like her goods. Yes, she was ready for graduation. And here's my problem. Brandon talks her off the ledge, Yes in Santa and they run to graduation and it's never spoken of again. Okay, but let's go back.
Speaker 1: It's it's not never spoken of. I think he says she doesn't want to talk about it, but she seems so happy when she comes back.
Speaker 3: She seems so okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a person to get to that point, because I believe that she could get there.
Speaker 3: I don't know correct, but that's why go back to the bluff.
Speaker 1: Go back to the bluff. Okay.
Speaker 2: I wanted to believe that she was not the girl that cried wolf, but I don't know the way this played out in the scene. Thank you, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: If this was ready for the graduation, all she had to hear was Kelly's I'll deal with Kelly. That's all he had to say.
Speaker 3: That's all I heard. You can say as a roommate, she was wearing her gown for graduation.
Speaker 1: Well, well, she was having her own graduation. I get that, Like.
Speaker 3: She's checking out. I have so many things to say that are not appropriate. Hey, we can cut it, no, say it. Well, I'm gonna say it because this is a TV show, right, so I'm only saying it because it's a TV show. The way that hill looked is that she would just roll down.
Speaker 1: You didn't think it was enough of a hill to jump off of. Well, she's gonna land on PCH which the traffic's kind of crazy down there.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait you guys, if I'm right, Shanger Law, which is there across the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, I looked it up. I actually correct looked it up. I feel like it has a different name. Does it change the name to the California No? No, is it the I did look it up and it looks the same, but it did. I think it changed names. I think it's called the Eden Hotel. Didn't know that. But as you both know, it's kind of a two way thing.
Speaker 2: It's always like dicey, like you're like kind of on BCCH and you get down, but you go down something. So where she is technically standing, you're correct, she's going to go down to another level of a street.
Speaker 1: She's not going she's just gonna hit the on.
Speaker 3: She's not. There are parts that are like would be dangerous, but she's sort of just on this thing where you'd be like you bounce.
Speaker 1: On the second on the on the on ramp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always get confused and don't do that on ramp.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I always miss that too. But I don't think that it's the right place for her to have picked, Like Tara, Tara really picked a good spot. This place looks Yeah, she's probably gonna end up forgetting where Tara Taro to the like top of top of Malibu, Like way up at the top.
Speaker 3: I thought you were in a car.
Speaker 1: We were in a car, but it was on a cliff in Mali.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a shootout on the car. She was trying. Yeah, that's right, But wasn't she For some reason, I thought she was trying to carbon monoxide? Yeah she was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was a cliff. We weren't going to jump. But like, yeah, I'm just saying that would have been a better place.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, let's go back. So wait, can we just take a poll? Who thinks this was cry wolf? And who thinks this was real?
Speaker 3: I think I think it was cry wolf. I feel like it was real. Emotions, What is happening I do?
Speaker 1: I feel like she's so lost, and she is, but and everything has just come to a like a place where she doesn't know what else to do, like she cannot pull herself out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Amy, it's happened. She's convinced her too.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jenny, I'm so sorry. I ain't the kool aid. Kelly at the end too.
Speaker 1: It wants it to just let it go and move.
Speaker 3: Is a bit of a snake.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Want to feel for her, I do, but I just feel like, deep down negating all the trauma she's been through, She's just a bad seed.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you think she just is just what she wants. How about her looking up with Steve. She hooks up with Steve. That looked like fun, That was just having.
Speaker 1: A good time, releasing some pressure, some stress.
Speaker 3: I have a question. Yeah, this is serious. Think about that Valerie at the beginning of the episode. That's one Valerie which wait what it looks like that's where she's gonna, you know, go off the cliff and Brandon comes and it's the drama and I just I need you Brandon, YadA, YadA. But then think of the Valerie at the end with Steve and pulling the tie out of her dress and then saying to Kelly, you know, I'm sorry and you say thank you, and she says, do you mean it? Which Valerie do you prefer? Of those two?
Speaker 1: Oh? Prefer I like the second Valerie for shame.
Speaker 3: I would love the more.
Speaker 1: She's fun and she's fun and this little comedy of it and yeah, up to.
Speaker 3: Sort of shenanigans. I don't mind the shenanigans, the hooking up, the pulling the tie out yea da yah. Yeah, yeah that's the one. That's the one.
Speaker 1: I like, that's true.
Speaker 2: So while I'm watching them and he's like, come on, let's go and all that, I wanted a little bit more of reminiscent of when Dylan and Brandon had that moment the cliff, Like the dramatic, dramatic, it went a little too seamless, like Okay, we're going great. Oh because it wasn't like I wanted to be like in him, like grab her and like the cliff was real.
Speaker 3: This was cry wolf, I think, is what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would have enjoyed some more dramas. Yeah you said you believe it, Well I believed it, But I do see your point, Like I could have used like that hand in hand.
Speaker 2: Moment, something that shows me like He's put his relationship with the girl he loves on the line here, he's graduating, like he's what is it, valedictorian, Like he's putting everything on the line here for her. And I was like, I want to see a little bit more of a moment.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And it happened just in time. He made it to the ceremony. Just I have it, Yeah, walk right up on cue and Brandon Walsh please come to the stage.
Speaker 3: And he was so calm.
Speaker 1: Of course he was, He's Brandon Walsh.
Speaker 3: Can I throw out something that I just don't want to forget to ask?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 3: And again this might just be me being in the gutter. Does anyone read the scenes with Bill Taylor and the sister has a little bit weird? Oh that's his daughter?
Speaker 1: What is wrong?
Speaker 3: I understand. I'm not saying it's I just feel like the acting is not giving father daughter. Are you saying joy? And Bill like, no, I don't. I'm not saying we're supposed to think that. No, I understand. I'm saying the acting acting, I understand, is giving not what they was intended. Like if I was the director.
Speaker 1: He was very like, you know, flirtatious, his acting style is very flirtatious.
Speaker 3: That's how if I was Jason, I would have said, Hut, it's giving a little bit of boyfriend girlfriend and not father daughter. Let's try it again. Like it's just the way he touches in the arm and the way they walk into the park that it's not father daughterly And this is just me. I could be totally wrong.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's Bill though. That is how he is with.
Speaker 3: Well, what's wrong with Kelly? Why isn't he deal with her? I don't know, that's what I'm saying that Elly. I know it's the different acting. So I'm just saying it. You all can be mad you write your mean comments. You're a gross amy hell Dari, I.
Speaker 1: Think that what is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with either way?
Speaker 2: If you didn't write the mean comments, should be very upset to it.
Speaker 3: That's fine, bring them Bringham. But here's my thing. I'm not saying that was anyone's intention. I want to be really clear. I'm not saying the writers meant that. The director did not mean that, the actors did not intend that. But when you watch it and it happens in it's happened in both parts. Maybe when we met her. I don't know. I don't know if Bill was there. It's a it's some something's like maybe she has daddy issues. It's just bad acting. It's just a little bit bad acting, is what I'm saying. The acting is not like they're like in the minds. Maybe she totally loved him, right that not loved in the lovely way, but like she thought he was so fun that she got too comfortable moment. Yeah. Yeah, and they weren't being father daughtery just im.
Speaker 1: Possible, quite possible. But I just feel like, you know, that's his nature. He kind of talks to even a policeman like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a cute actor guy. He's like charming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the epitome of charming actor man.
Speaker 3: Yeah hah. It came across like especially like I don't know, but anyway, I'll move on from it. Write your letters, Write your letters.
Speaker 1: I was so okay. Then we just go to the party. Basically we have the graduation. Wait, oh, first the stunt, the confetti ball amazing. You know, I was actually happy about that no one got hurt, that we.
Speaker 3: Didn't have to get everybody's name read and watch that nonsense. Did you do it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. We didn't do that, Okay, we just did the moving of the thingy over like was a lot of shots of people moving their tassel over.
Speaker 3: But didn't you think Jason did a great job.
Speaker 2: It was so cohesive and the way it Yeah, that was really like I was had all the feelings just from that I got to say his speech. I wanted a little bit more me too, a little bit and I know there's that that's Brandon, but this is this is it? Like you know he leaves next season.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want it one more time with Brandon Wallash to like give us the little bit.
Speaker 3: Of like yep, I will throw one flag on the play. I'm sorry everybody being mad again. California University is supposed to be like UCLA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not enough people, That's there's not that I've been to. I just went to Loyola Marymail, I'm out. I mean, I've never seen more people at a graduation.
Speaker 3: Shot, any kind of college graduation that was not even like a private school sixth grade graduation, like it wasn't it was something enough, you guys.
Speaker 2: We paid a lot of guest stars again, in this two part finale, like.
Speaker 1: We needed just a few, maybe a thousand.
Speaker 3: More exit bodies. The party needed about double the people. Also, I feel like that was a good crowd. It was okay, but because you get that overhead shot and I'm like a little spurse. Well, you guys are moving on so fast. We're just throwing out tidbets, just throwing out We're going back to the graduated.
Speaker 2: This is this is finality. A little bit here, I'm sorry, I'm having a moment. Jen, We're never going to graduate again. We've had two on the show, and this is it.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 3: Donald Martin graduates.
Speaker 1: Everybody graduates.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe a little I felt a little sad. So how did Valerie graduate? I've never barely seen her at class, like she's had so much, like tumultuous stuff, foster business, faked a baby, like her mom, we learned about the like her awful childhood, Like never.
Speaker 1: Seen her studying once pen to paper.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not one hundred percent sure I knew she was look in class.
Speaker 1: Was she in the same grade. I didn't even know. It's like, what the same grade, same year. Yeah, But I feel like everybody kind of was cool in there playing their like emotional position in that graduation, like feel your tenseness, and I could feel like, you know, the energy between Claire and Steve what was happening. I could Phil Kelly's like where's you know the whole thing with everybody had stuff like on them that they were playing through that scene, which I really liked.
Speaker 2: I felt like we took some really fun behind the scenes photos with our disposable cameras at the time.
Speaker 1: I remember the disposable like picture like photos, actual photographs from the blue cap and gown.
Speaker 2: M right, well, that's because those are online.
Speaker 3: That's how you were called perfect. Yeah, maybe not. It's absolutely totally bananas as everything. It's one thousand per bananas, which mister and missus Walsh are not. The graduation like, that's just absolutely totally bananas.
Speaker 2: I want the story because there's a story here. You guys, we need to call.
Speaker 1: Something because like John Eisendraft, you want to call him.
Speaker 3: No, I have a question, do they ever show up again?
Speaker 1: Good question? You should know, super fan. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't remember everything, and I see your emails when you're like, I can't blame it, and we got it wrong. It's like, you really want me to remember ten years every detail? Yes, we need what you're here because we don't remember. Oh my god, I'm trying to find out you can.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 3: Feel like they never come back, you guys.
Speaker 1: Never or not once? I feel like, oh, that was on BH nine to two zero, Yes, Mama came.
Speaker 3: Did they come back for that? Carol? Did?
Speaker 1: Carol? And she was their therapist?
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute. Yeah, oh Lorraine, thank you? She says. Jim comes back in season eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: So then, hey, we got it wrong. There was no like weirdness.
Speaker 3: Why didn't he come back? Now?
Speaker 1: Why didn't they come back for the episode?
Speaker 3: Carol? Did Carol Potter come back? Also? They both come back?
Speaker 2: I think, oh okay, well wish it had been this episode.
Speaker 1: Did they come back when Brandon's there? Okay, because he's leaving?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they come back for the final Okay, that's going to be exciting. Oh that'll be good.
Speaker 1: Then can we what else?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about?
Speaker 1: The confetti thing? Clara tells Steve to grow up before the ceremony. She's like, you're such a baby. You need to grow up that she's gonna lie, yes, but also she enjoyed the confetti bombs.
Speaker 3: Everybody loved it. What's up her butt? Like, what's her problem? She's a wet blanket. But my thing is it's okay to be one or the other. She can be a wet blanket or she can be like grappling with going to Paris.
Speaker 1: You think she can't be just a Debbie downer?
Speaker 3: All Okay? The reason we don't like her now is because she's just a downer. All who that's very extreme? Sorry, but we don't. We're just done. No one cares. I love her, I.
Speaker 1: Like her character, and I loved it the beach scene, you guys, when Steve's walking down the beach sand with like a penguin his outfit.
Speaker 2: I am pissed at that scene. I am very angry at that scene. Why. I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm very angry because I want it. Fine, you guys were done with them, Fine, you didn't like their relationship, but this is it for her, Like I wanted something more and she's such a good capable actress and I feel like they didn't give her enough to and maybe it was a choice.
Speaker 1: Is this the last time we're ever seeing her. That last shot of her basically walking off into the ocean, it looked like if she was gonna drown herself. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, am I wrong here? Guys?
Speaker 1: No, it was weird. There was no goodbye with her roommates, there was no did.
Speaker 3: They did her dirty? The riot? I just could not figure out what to do with her. And I did not shed one tear with her leaving. I said, see, I felt bad for them. I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't shed a tear.
Speaker 3: I literally did.
Speaker 1: I was worried about her sunburn. I was a little worried about her sunburn happening.
Speaker 2: She came across really cold in that scene. And I don't feel like, I don't know. You're right the writers did her dirty. She was I feel like, real character, and they sucked her.
Speaker 3: That's true, But I don't.
Speaker 1: I do think like as her character all that mattered to her in that And if I were her in those shoes of hers, I would absolutely go with my father to Paris and I would say, come with me, let's try to make this work what she did. But he doesn't want to do that, and she the most important thing to her staying with her dad as a woman who's lost her dad and wishes she could buy back time with him. I'm sure you can.
Speaker 3: Relate to her.
Speaker 1: I would go wherever my dad went and if he needed.
Speaker 2: Me same, So team should have understood that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she's making the right decision to go to Paris. It's an It's like everybody remembers Lauren Conrad, the girl who didn't go to Paris. So it's like, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's from the hills and it was like she picked a boy over and get the reference either.
Speaker 3: I never Oh my gosh, I list.
Speaker 1: No, it's true.
Speaker 3: All I know is sex and the city. She went to Paris. Everybody goes to Paris. Brenda Carrie went to Paris. My problem is it's her way, like tell the truth. Hey, Steve, we're twenty two years old, maybe twenty one. I'm going to Paris with my dad. I'm gonna stay in touch with you. If we're meant to be, we'll be meant to be when we come back.
Speaker 1: She said that, and he said we're not meant.
Speaker 3: To be because they aren't. Because she was so because they did her dirty, because they made her so unlikable that it was like, let's just go.
Speaker 1: Not the right guy for Steve for sure, because he likes to have a good time, he likes he it's silly.
Speaker 3: I'm the right guy for Steve, I mean, not the right girl for Steve. Yeah, and I think he's not the right guy for her. She needs someone maybe more serious, more brandon ish. I don't know, we're intelligent. Maybe she and Brandon were great. Now.
Speaker 2: That was a fun Sorry, John, that was a fun relationship because it was mentally the banter.
Speaker 3: It was stimulating, smart and like, it's just yeah, Steve was about it this way.
Speaker 2: But it's just as a main character on the show, I know, not a O G character, No, right, though I wanted them to give her a better sendoff, that's all.
Speaker 3: And think about the Claire we first met, the wild Claire, the antics Claire, the housel I liked that Claire. Yes, this Claire got awful, just so mean to Steve. One note always just warmer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we have a do over, Let's do it again.
Speaker 2: I wonder how Kathleen feels about how the character was Inevitably.
Speaker 1: Will she come and talk to us maybe let's do it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Get her own because it's a big deal.
Speaker 3: If she feels like she was, she probably left because they were doing her dirty, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't think they would have pushed her out. I'm sure she was like my contracts up that this is so boring. That is correct.
Speaker 2: And she was doing a lot of like Gregor Rocky, like independent films, and she was doing great roles. So it was probably just got very complacent doing this one character that they weren't doing anything for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though it was such a huge platform for I feel like she would have stayed.
Speaker 2: If they had done something with her.
Speaker 1: Or was it there? I mean, but maybe it wasn't her decision to leave. Maybe they're like this, characters reached a dead end and we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we need to find out.
Speaker 2: I'll go on record and say it was her decision.
Speaker 3: I think so too. It feels oh yeah, right, because they didn't chase so boring. She's so annoying.
Speaker 1: Not Kathleen her layer. Well let's go to the party. Can we go to the party?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Twenty Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 1: Love this party. The whole five of it so much. I remember with your dress. I remember Valerie's dress. I remember Kelly's dress.
Speaker 3: Same. I liked the twenties thing once I got it, because y'all are in your twenties took me. I didn't get that. I just thought it was to me a second on that. I just felt Cranberry's girl should have also been in the in the twenties garb.
Speaker 1: I didn't care what she was in. She's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Does she not look like Kirsten Dunst. Yeah? I was like, is that Kirsten Dunst up there too? Like she her eye? Like that girl was cool.
Speaker 1: And just beautiful voice. Yeah. Yeah. That was a really fun get to have them on the show because they were huge.
Speaker 3: Oh they were at the time. I can't totally remember that song. I knew the song, I just didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say that, I love that song. I was saying it in the bathroom. But it was fun to watch them. The drummer I liked it all.
Speaker 3: No, it was great. Where was that it looked like the Wiltern because there's that scene or something. Was it the Wiltern? Yeah, because you go upstairs to the balcony when you have that sort of argument with your dad before. Now, did everybody know he was going to jail? Or did we not? I think so that was like a red herring. We didn't know. Is that the way you say red hairring? Anyway? Oh my god, wait, you said Cranberryes, it's Cardigans. Did I say Cranberry's? I think I might have.
Speaker 1: I might have too, I meant the Cardigans.
Speaker 2: And me being me so Donna, I was like, no, it's the Cardigans, but I won't say anything.
Speaker 3: They're probably right. You did? You knew?
Speaker 1: She says. The Cardigans was part of the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack, the one with Leo and Claire Danes, and that movie came out in November of nineteen ninety six, so just the year before this.
Speaker 3: So we were on points.
Speaker 1: We got the big popular band to sing at the graduation.
Speaker 3: To be able to watch the music on streaming. Yeah, it sounds like great. I don't know what the story is if we can watch everything, but I just remember that day and it was a big day.
Speaker 2: We had one day to do it all, and Jason was just like, we gotta go, So everything was compartmentalized, like we shoot this here, then we go shoot this one, and it was just like all the all the goods.
Speaker 1: It was. I remember being soups pregnant and that was like my last time to have to be on camera before I.
Speaker 3: Had the baby.
Speaker 1: And also that was my last costume to try to make me look not pregnant. And I remember they like they pit no, they picked that fabric, which I was like, Oh, I really love this fabric. So they're like, Okay, let's make you a dress out of it. So they basically made me a tint out of it, just put some fluffy feathers around my neck. But it was still beautiful. I loved all the tones you were.
Speaker 3: Brandon's sitting drowning his sorrows and then you had to sit on the ground. I was like, Uh, what is happening. I literally thought like, there's no way, Jenny, when.
Speaker 1: Do you think we filmed this? If it aired on.
Speaker 3: It's may, you filmed it probably March April March, I would say, maybe March.
Speaker 1: End of March, yeah, beginning of April. Yeah, and then the baby didn't come until June April May June. Yeah, I was pretty pregnant, that's all I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you got down on the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't know how did any of that, but I can't. And I was also thinking ahead watching it. I was thinking ahead to cut to season eight, episode one, everybody show up at six am.
Speaker 3: I had to watch it already. What what are you doing? I didn't watch the whole thing, but I absolutely had to watch.
Speaker 1: When you do this, when you do this, it's like the boss is breaking the rules. So yeah, this is what I feel about all the rules.
Speaker 3: I okay, I can only watch the first ten minutes, but I just absolutely had to. I was like, I have to see what how it begins.
Speaker 1: You didn't you have to wait?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I'll watch it, and I have to do is wait one week. It's not like you have to wait a whole season like a hiatus.
Speaker 3: So I have so many questions. They do you think that if you are indicted? Now, First of all, if you've been indicted, it doesn't work like you get indicted and you immediately go to you know, club fed wherever he's going. I don't like lock you up. So he literally says, I'm getting indicted and then I will go straight to wherever. Now I'm not one hundred percent sure that's not how it works, but I'm pretty sure you get indicted and then you I don't know, you have your trial or something trial date. I also don't know that they let you they I don't think they call you and go like you're getting indicted.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think it's sometimes doesn't work that way. Let me call Maria. This is her type of TV show. Maybe she'll yeah, it's similar to her. But I think you need to call like La Law. But anyway, Harry, I don't think they let you negotiate in a party for your daughter. He did.
Speaker 1: He's Bill Taylor. He made a deal with the feds. Yes, he said, I got one last thing to do before I'm going till.
Speaker 3: Lorraine's theory is that they he cut a deal. So maybe maybe he holds on his co conspirators and they said, okay, then you get to throw this party and you're going to the jail. I don't know if it's prison. It's probably prison, not jail. I picture jail is more like that episode of The Brady Bunch.
Speaker 1: Where the keys are right on the hook guy.
Speaker 3: From Gilligan's Island locked him up. But prisons, I think he's going to prison.
Speaker 1: Prison's like the real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jail makes me also think of Pirates of the Caribbean when the dog has the keys.
Speaker 1: It makes me think of like Bernie Fife Tin cut.
Speaker 2: What is happening right now side we're old.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till we start our Brady bunch rewatch. God, it can't come so exciting for you guys. Thank you so much, so much.
Speaker 1: You're ridiculous. Oh my god, you know what I was thinking. I was just thinking of Christopher Knight the.
Speaker 3: Other day because his furniture, because almost bought some of his furniture. I literally have something in my cart shout out to Peter Brady because his furniture is very good. You know he's been doing you guys.
Speaker 2: You know, doing it for a long doing this for years.
Speaker 1: But I know the one designing these furnitures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, Jenny, I know him.
Speaker 1: You were, we were with him.
Speaker 3: We literally need to reach out to him. Did did he give you his number?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Maybe? I feel like I feel like you need to text him and just be like, shout.
Speaker 4: Out, dude, furniture that's like his, Like I think he's I don't think Christopher Knight is struggling in any way because I think that furniture line is doing gangbusters.
Speaker 2: If you need help finding him, I can give you his contact immediately.
Speaker 3: I'm googling Christopher Knight Networth. Come on Focus, Princess. Yeah he is not. He's not worried about his next pay.
Speaker 1: I can dead luck tour. This your walk in my life?
Speaker 3: I know, I know. Oh my god, this is what you usually.
Speaker 2: It's gonna sit back and enjoy your pain now.
Speaker 3: Jen, I just have to tell you this. My favorite thing is you know when you google something and then like the questions come up, who is the richest Brady butch. Member. I would like you all to make a guess. You're gonna have to save this for the other podcast, Christopher Knight, and please tune in to The Brady Bunch hour when it comes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it can literally doing it his hers and ours. How about just the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 3: Kelly Taylor and a random girl you don't know are rewatching every episode of The Brady Bone.
Speaker 1: This is just our hobby. Anyways, Sorry, is gonna have a meltdown. I can feel it for her because this is how I usually am. Whould we record this podcast?
Speaker 2: No, it's a It's eleven eleven make a wish.
Speaker 1: She wants to get to the guys the.
Speaker 3: Up and let's move on.
Speaker 1: See I've always felt that way, but never said it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I only like you're on. You're the time one.
Speaker 2: I just have to do misspelling podcast in fifteen minutes, so I'm gonna keep you guys checked.
Speaker 3: Let's go today.
Speaker 1: You have a schedule that you need to keep.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nice? Correct?
Speaker 1: What about every other fucking day when other people have a schedule they need to keep and you're rattling on about something like this, it's.
Speaker 3: Usually doing the rattling guys. I did no, noted, it's me doing the rattling question. What have we not talked about with the party? Okay? The drink coming out of the guitar case. Did you guys not see Brandon when he comes to talk to Kelly and he opens the like, oh, it's almost like not even a guitar case, it's like a mini guitar or viola, it's like a bar and he pulls out a bottle and a glass.
Speaker 1: I think he really wanted.
Speaker 3: To happen right because the bar is four steps away.
Speaker 1: I like that Randy's getting with the sister.
Speaker 3: I know that's cute.
Speaker 1: Joy, they're very cute together.
Speaker 3: That was cute, and that she did not care for the brother.
Speaker 1: Well will that ever go anywhere?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The wild part, you, guys, is the actress that plays Joy looks a little bit like my brother's actual wife, Leah.
Speaker 1: I thought she was born.
Speaker 3: No way, that's cute. Oh wow, that's cute. I have one flaw, so sorry. Of course the Cardigans. Is it the Cardigans? The Grandberryes, it's the Cardigans, guys, just messing with you. The Cardigans are playing their second song, yes, and it's more backgroundy, but yet the dancing is twenties and it does not go with the music in any.
Speaker 1: Way whatsoever happened?
Speaker 2: We real if you're gonna throw a themed roaring twenties party, the Cardigans wouldn't have been the choice.
Speaker 3: But they're the Cardigans. This is right. No, I'm on board. But it's just make that do this, yeah, dancing instead of like you're doing the whatever. There will be no Amy has a note yas hands.
Speaker 1: There will be no hustle.
Speaker 3: When you're filming dialogue, which was in that scene, there is no actual music going correct, So they're dancing to nothing to nothing so they're just like, do a twenties dance? What is that thing.
Speaker 1: Called what you're doing right now?
Speaker 3: The twenties dance?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, the roar?
Speaker 3: It was like a the Charleston, the Charleston, Thank you, the Charleston. That would have taken me and my mena pause six hours.
Speaker 1: For the Charleston.
Speaker 4: F y.
Speaker 1: I my least favorite kind of dancing right there with the jive.
Speaker 3: But you're so good at the Charleston on dance it every day you have to do what do they call it?
Speaker 1: I don't think they called the Charleston. They call it something else.
Speaker 3: Did you do?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: And then they have awful, awful dances very fast?
Speaker 2: You do the drive on Dance with the Stars, Yeah you did, didn't you?
Speaker 1: I was giant? No, I was just like the jolly green Giant for the Giant and I was. I love my outfit, but I didn't do very well on that dance?
Speaker 3: Are we too? The big Shabang?
Speaker 1: Let's do it well?
Speaker 2: Do you'd want you? You went there earlier? Do we want to go back and make one commentary on Valerie and Steve or none?
Speaker 3: For sure? With the face? Yeah, me too? Is this is it?
Speaker 2: Allegedly trying to set a tone that they might be together.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess when you wouldn't want to think.
Speaker 2: That because earlier like you like watching me dress like you. It's like, I don't know, I don't want them together.
Speaker 1: Well there, I want him to have I want her to have fun. I want him to have fun after the whole.
Speaker 3: Hooked up previously. I don't know why I'm blanking. I feel like they have Yeah, have they I cannot remember? Like, which is just so weird.
Speaker 1: I feel like they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah right, yeah, just done everybody.
Speaker 1: He was her first victim.
Speaker 3: They first hooked up in their junior year of college of college.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I have a hard time with Steve and anyone. The only the only human I actually was invested of him being with and it's not supposed to be, was Kelly and Steve.
Speaker 3: I don't know what see, I'm Celeste, Celeste. It was always Celeste, and I can't believe they didn't make that happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Celeste.
Speaker 3: Celeste was cool. He liked her.
Speaker 1: Who knows what's coming next?
Speaker 3: Because not you, not me, That's what we know. Some good stuff. What I love about.
Speaker 1: The Kelly Steve thing is that it'll never happen again.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 1: I feel something feels so good about like knowing that you know and that they both know it. Well, he doesn't really accept it, but she's like absolutely never happening again.
Speaker 2: But like, as a true fan that I am, now it's okay to like secretly want it though right knowing it won't happen, but like love the thought of wanting it right.
Speaker 1: But I think, I don't know. I just feel like they're friends now best friends.
Speaker 2: I would love to see it just one flashback episode where we see the relationship.
Speaker 1: That would be fun.
Speaker 3: That would be great, that's all.
Speaker 1: But we would have to have her pre pre noosed jobs, so that would involve prosthetics.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, be like a friend's episode when Jennifer Aniston, like before her nose.
Speaker 3: That was so fun.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, get it up, Light it up, yeah.
Speaker 3: Baby, tell us tell us everything, please, everything. You guys have to ask me questions, and I'll tell you. I don't know how to start.
Speaker 1: Well, you decide that you're gonna set up the room for him, which takes a very long time, right, and I'm surprised he didn't fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Don't fall I'm so worried. He's so tired of all nights.
Speaker 1: When has David Silver ever been tired? I've never seen him ever tired.
Speaker 3: Valerie Valerie did this?
Speaker 1: Uh, he was worried about that.
Speaker 3: Also, what twenty something year old is tired on graduation?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean I would be that way.
Speaker 2: But why does oh I was gonna say, why does she say to her earlier?
Speaker 3: Are you okay if I have a couple of drinks? If he drinks? I think he's just being polite. Yeah, okay, Okay. Is he supposed to be drinking though, is what I'm asking I think, right his recovery. Yeah, I'm not sure he should be drinking, okay.
Speaker 1: But Donna had no problem with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it must be okay.
Speaker 2: Because you know you were going to drink too down because she was like, oh my god, I'm so nervous. Let us both drink. Yeah, bring it on, okay. The candles, the candles, like, that's.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of candles, that's a lot of canvas. There a person on set with a.
Speaker 3: Big I was nervous about that.
Speaker 1: I feel like there had to have been someone standing by for all that lit candles and all those like curtains.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was something about the candles. I feel like that was a Jason specific thing that he wanted.
Speaker 1: The candles made it very romantic.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know it was.
Speaker 2: It was a big upkeep, like the candles, having to constantly get.
Speaker 3: Them the right high yeah, right level. Yeah. So can you get to the good stuff? Okay, tell me about putting on that outfit laying from the bed. It's part cute and it's part sexy, and it's part cringey. We have to admit there is some cringe to it. It's a little bit uncomfort.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm watching my brother and sister. It just feels cringey for me to watch.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: I don't think fans of Yeah and David felt that way, but for me, as like the big sister best friend, it felt.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think about the choice I had and why I picked that, and I got nothing on that.
Speaker 1: Well, you had the black and you had the white, so you chose the white.
Speaker 3: Right, It was a perfect choice.
Speaker 2: But I think it was always I was going to choose white, so there were different white options.
Speaker 3: I believe I had. I don't know I was. I felt very tan.
Speaker 1: How did you get that tan? First of all, that was back in the day of tanning.
Speaker 2: Beds nineteen ninety seven, baby fry it like, baby know. I was probably in Tiffany's tanning bed at her house a lot of body makeup.
Speaker 1: It was were you like nervous behind the scenes, Like were you frantic like with your hair guy or your makeup lady. You're like, you know, I know how you you know how I am, how you are.
Speaker 3: Of course you know me.
Speaker 2: But I remember being bummed that I had to keep consistent with the pink lipstick from the party, the wearing twenties, cause you know, I don't love Why would.
Speaker 1: You wear pink lipstick to have a naughty time?
Speaker 2: So I remember having this conversation and they were like, well, you can't completely change shit.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't like pink lip but why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have been like why because she was continuity wise?
Speaker 3: Sorry, but if you went into the room to put on that whole get up, you could easily put on red lipstick. Are you saying you wanted to put on red lipstick. What lipstick did you want?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying red I wanted. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe spiced or mac. I don't know. Oh, I get it. I just the frosted pink. I get it.
Speaker 2: And when the Roaring twenties, it's not my comfortability like wearing that shade.
Speaker 3: So I was probably talked into it for that. I think they made a wrong call there.
Speaker 2: And it's still to this day when I watched that scene, that's all I can see and it wow, feel like there we go and it's really bothered.
Speaker 1: I think they made a wrong call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made a dumb call. Who cares?
Speaker 2: And I feel like I want to her hair straight for this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was a little too poofy, No, I look soft.
Speaker 2: It looks fine. I know you like my hair like that? Fine, fine, okay, I'll go with that. I remember, first of all, being so nervous. My heart was pounding out of my chest because think of this. It's not just doing this with Brian, it's being filmed and directed by Jajons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, talk about uncomfortable. Who So you were feeling uncomforts because you were being directed by Jason, and you were doing a love scene with Brian.
Speaker 3: But you don't actually do the love scene, Like, can we talk about that?
Speaker 1: I was just kissing and like more dry humping.
Speaker 3: It's two men.
Speaker 2: That you're sexually attracted to that you feel that nervous feeling because you want to impress them both in that.
Speaker 1: Lod WHOA no, us too much?
Speaker 3: And you know what I mean. I was just like, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Does Brian think I look okay? Does Jason think I look okay?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? It was too much.
Speaker 1: Pressure for your young brain to process, Stacey.
Speaker 3: Dude, we see. I thought the episode ends with you handing the condom and then they make out some more.
Speaker 2: They make out. Those were some deep kisses. Jen, how'd you feel about those kisses?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, it was too much for you. I felt like it was probably like a little stinky. That was my feeling.
Speaker 3: Stinky, not you. What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just don't want to get in there. I don't want to go in there.
Speaker 3: I thought it looked real, it was real.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was exciting and everybody was happy. Everybody that was really invested in the Donna and the David thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was sweet. That was sweet. The I love yous We're super sweet because like whatever Brian and I were and are.
Speaker 2: And like we have a soul connection, like Donna and David, Brian and Tory, we do.
Speaker 3: Love each other and we all have a soul connection. Right, But like like.
Speaker 2: At the time when Donna's like I love you and David's like I love you, it's it's more there's like that animalistic, like sexual.
Speaker 3: I love you, like not just I love you, but like right.
Speaker 1: Well, I would hope it would be like that would be evident if if it wasn't David, like in this moment, if you were this was your big moment to have sex with Steve, I would feel like it was real watching it, and I would feel like, you guys really love each other because I'm watching.
Speaker 2: It, but I'm saying it goes beyond just acting with Brian and I.
Speaker 3: So in that moment and.
Speaker 1: That at that time in your relationship, your IRL relationship, you guys were more involved.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily, but it was always him like my first love, Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Deeper feeling there for sure, And it was such a big monumental thing for the character too, so I could see why. It was a lot of a lot.
Speaker 2: Pressure, a lot and I Jason kept saying, like, oh my god, your dad's gonna have to watch these dailies just like the footage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just making out like you've done a million times before.
Speaker 3: It was more the outfit that was the sexy party. The actual like, the actual action was pretty tame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. I liked it that they didn't do anything more like you know.
Speaker 2: Jason said it then, and he's gone on to say he was like nervous, like Aaron Spelling is gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: I can imagine I get it. Oh yeah, that would be uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, that's it.
Speaker 2: Donna finally lost her virginity. Yes, well, is it okay to feel a little sad that we've gotten to that point?
Speaker 3: It's final?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're you're a tarnished woman now.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, you gave it on.
Speaker 2: I'm a fine silver gotta polish me up, get it?
Speaker 3: Why do we give this episode obvious? It's really good.
Speaker 1: Also, it's just exciting. It's the end of a season. Then you're like, is it gonna come back next year? Is it is?
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: What's it gonna be? No one's thinking that is going to be there, That's what I was thinking. Yep, and I already know the truth. I loved it. I loved it every minute of it.
Speaker 3: It's all around a great episode, really really great.
Speaker 1: Next week it's gonna get exciting because we're gonna get into season eight. Y'all, episode Numeroo, and that one's called Aloha Beverly Hills, Part one.
Speaker 2: Imagine except Jen, Sorry, Jen, you were doing more important things.
Speaker 3: You were having much more baby Okay.
Speaker 1: Excited. I feel like, you know how between seven and eight for us in real life, back then, we got like three months off.
Speaker 3: Because you finally didn't have to work all summer.
Speaker 1: Right, we worked one size and then we had like maybe not three months, I was like eight weeks. I don't remember. But I feel like it's weird that we're just going to jump right into season eight next week. I only have to wait one week.
Speaker 3: It's exciting, you know, one week, and I've already watched ten minutes of it. Congratulations Tory on your on your big night. Thank you. I love you guys. Bye, see you next season