Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Drive with Nick Wright episode one sixty three and back today is our regular summer co host de Youora. Before we even get to the show, doorra, you know, your little sister did quite the job in your stead and behind the scenes. She came to me and asked, if you know, throughout the summer, if you guys could do like an alternating.
Speaker 3: Have it No that no, she can have it.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's fine, I was about to say, and I told her no because you and I have developed quite the rapport here.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: She However, I will say this, while due to your age, you're a more gifted and seasoned performer. She did have a better top five NBA players than I think you would have. I think her sports knowledge might actually supersede yours.
Speaker 3: I believe it.
Speaker 2: The even though you were just in your spare time this the day of the podcast, you were watching a big basketball game at one forty fifth in Linux. Oh And also before we get to the show, what happened on your way to that basketball game? For the first time ever?
Speaker 3: Oh, I was recognized.
Speaker 2: You were recognized. The poor fellow that recognized almost got pepper sprayed. But yeah, it was the DOORA was walking with a friend and go ahead, you can tell the story.
Speaker 3: Kept like we were in the deli getting like drinks because we're walking up the hill and I we were both like dying, and he keeps looking at the deli and my friend and y'alla was like, wow, did you see that?
Speaker 2: And I was like no.
Speaker 3: And then once we walked out of the deli, he was like waiting right there and like pretended like he was still walking, and y'all was like, that's the that's the guy. That's the guy. And as he's walking up, he keeps looking back and then he finally just stopped on the hill while and we were like, okay, we'll just walk past him. And he's like, excuse me, is your name Diora? And I'm like I was like no. He was like, yeah it is, Yeah, it is. I'm like, yeah, that's my name. He was like, aren't you on that podcast with Nick? Right? Aren't you Nick Wright's daughter. I was like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: You were so excited you facetimeed me. He was great. What's his name? Xavier? Yeah, So shout out to Xavier if he's watching. We appreciate you. All right, here's so welcome back to Youra. Here's what missed the cut for today's show. Domingo Herman throws the twenty fourth perfect game in Major League Baseball history. Connor Bedard selected number one overall in the NHL Draft. That I am finding out in real time was last night and Crumble Cookies wants Tobias Harris to stay in Philadelphia. I'm finding out in real time that Crumble Cookies are a big thing. I had no idea we had him actually on the set yesterday. Great job by Tobias Harris with his spot because he sponsors them actually in getting them a lot of free publicity. None of that, however, makes the actual show diora What are we starting.
Speaker 3: With the Lakers? GM says that the plan is to bring back the core, but not to go after big stars. But the rest of the West is the rest of the West? Yeah, is getting better this offseason. If you were the GM in LA, which moves would you make to get Lebron one last ring?
Speaker 2: So I actually think and I haven't you know, obviously been a huge Rob Blinka fan, but I think this is the right tact. Obviously, can you get Dame? That would be great? You can't. I know some people want Kyrie Irving that I don't particularly want Kyrie Irving, but yeah, if you could flip out D'Angelo Russell for Kyrie Irving, yeah that's a net positive, even with all the nonsense that comes along with Kyrie. But that's not a realistic option. So the Lakers are in a spot where aside from Lebron, every single guy on the roster should be improving because of their age, with the exception of Ad who's thirty, who at the very least should be maintaining of not improving a little bit. So they have a very good chance of being better without adding significant pieces. Now I read last night they might want to go after Bruce Brown at the mid level exception. That's fine, but Ruey Hachimura, because of his age and now opportunity, should improve. Austin Reeves he doesn't have to take the giant jump he took mid season, but he's just turned twenty five years old. He should still be improving. Jared Vanderbilt, whose option they just picked up, should spend all summer working on corner threes. He should improve. Now. I'm not a huge D'Angelo Russell fan. He's never been a playoff performer. However, at the right dollar amount, I don't mind him because he does have a utility in the regular season and could be a tradable contract at the deadline. The real question for the Lakers is the machinations of are we gonna pick up Malik Beasley and or Mobamba's options, even though at sixteen million and ten million, respectively, those players are not worth that money, just so we have those salaries in order to include them in a trade if at mid season someone comes available and you need to be able to make the salaries match. Those are the types of decisions the Lakers need to be considering and making but I don't. They're not gonna go after James Harden and they can't. There is not a big ticket free agent or an obvious trade piece to go get. It's going to be manicuring around the edges. And I don't know that I agree. Sorry, there was a gnat in my face. That's what we're going there. I don't know that I agree that the rest of the West is improving. So let's, you know, go down the list. Denver is basically going to likely be the same team minus Bruce Brown, but with Christian Brown being a year older, maybe a year better. We'll see what director Michael Porter Junior and Aaron Gordon go. But assume they maintain there is right now no holes to poke in Denver. It is just it is very hard to repeat. They are a team that had dealt with bad injury luck in years past, had basically no injuries to speak of this year, and then you see how next year goes. The other reason for the Lakers, in reference to the Nuggets, should I think feel better than a four to zero sweep would indicate is not necessarily just because those were close games, but because in that series Jamal Murray, who's a very good player but not an all time great player in that series had an all time great series. The guy averaged thirty two points per game in that series. If he averaged twenty five points per game, which is more in line with a realistic output, how does that change the series. And then you go down Memphis. I don't think Memphis got discernibly better. I don't think swapping out Tyas Jones from Marcus Smart and you're gonna have twenty five games without Jaw makes them better that the Warriors. I think Chris Paul's better than Jordan Poole, but you then have to build in that Staph is thirty five years old. Is he gonna be as good? Maybe a touch worse, But say he stays as good. Draymond's on the decline, Clays on the decline, and they still don't have the size. Phoenix is the team everyone's gonna say, oh, because they added Bradley Beal. I don't know that they got better at coach going from Monti Williams to Frank Vogel. I know they don't have enough defense, and I know they don't have enough depth. So I think Denver has clearly separated themselves from the rest of the West. But if the Lakers just run it back, they are to me they a clear number two compared to everyone else in the conference. And the one other thing about the Lakers, The biggest improvement the Lakers can make is Anthony Davis taking the way he played post injury this year, that length of time without being hurt, the way he played defensively in the postseason, building on that, and Anthony Davis taking personally that in the three years since he's won the title, all the other seven footers in the league, all the other frontline seven footers, superstar type guys, have made giant either leaps or massive accomplishments since AD won his title. Giannis has a ring and a finals MVP, Jokic has a ring, a finals MVP, and two league MVPs. Embiid has a league MVP. AD on the other hand, up until this postseason has kind of gone in the wrong direction. So does he take that personal and try to reclaim at least He's not going to reclaim the title of the best seven footer in the league, but does he get at least back in the conversation that's the bath for the Lakers. And then you hope Lebron who averaged twenty eight seven and eight last year twenty eight seven and six, maybe I might have it. You're eight and six whatever it was, twenty eight seven and seven. Call it that that Lebron continues to stave off father time better than any athlete ever. That's the path, all right?
Speaker 3: Next, Okay, Travis Kelce loves winning and his role in Case, but he knows that he's being underpaid. He says, quote, you see how much more more money you could be making? And yeah, it hits you in the gut a little bit. It makes you think you're being taken advantage of. Is Kelsey being passive aggressive with the Chiefs or just harmless harmlesslie sharing his feelings.
Speaker 2: So I know th he's being passive aggressive because the full quote talks about his post career plans, how it's never Yeah he saw that Tyreek got thirty million, and you know it raised his eyebrows. But that he's happy in Kansas City, I think, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he's trying to start anything. I think he's genuinely just being like well, like it hurts.
Speaker 2: Like well, and I could be making more money. Yes, and so to me this is actually kind of a Patrick Mahomes story. But I want to stay on Kelsey firm. Well I'll explain why in a moment. But on Kelsey, Kelsey is wildly underpaid. I mean the I think people would be shocked to know what Kelsey has made over the last few years and what he's scheduled to make over the next few years. As far as cash money Travis Kelsey has taken home.
Speaker 3: What are you laughing about?
Speaker 2: Well, the reason I say that in the NFL, there's your cap hit, there's a pro rated when you talk about each year, how much money did Elsie put in his pocket? Here is it year by year one million, half a million, seven hundred thousand. That was his rookie deal. Then ten million, three million, eight million, nine million. Now the last three years nine million, twelve million, ten million. As far as what he is scheduled to make over the next few years, eleven and a half, twelve and then sixteen. So yeah, he has been way underpaid, considering.
Speaker 3: He needs at least twenty at least.
Speaker 2: And so the reason he doesn't get as much is because the position he's at tight ends don't they they are one of the lower paid positions in the league, but he produces better than the top receivers in the league. He could reset the tight end market. Now. He has gotten his extensions early, which adds some security, but he also has not pushed the team to pay him more. The reason I said this is a Mahomes story is because Mahomes is about to be the eighth highest paid quarterback in football. There's gonna be seven quarterbacks that make more. Mahomes is clearly the best quarterback in football, and Mahomes hasn't gone to the team and said you have to raise my salary. So the fact that Patrick hasn't adds the precedent of guys we are trying to win as much as possible here and in a capped sport, that means we don't all always press our contractual advantage. Now you can say that's bad business, but I would argue that if Kelsey goes down as the greatest tight end, he's wildly charismatic. He now has a successful podcast that I'm sure doesn't make much money. He had his own dating TV show years ago before the Chiefs started winning. Yeah, like Chasing Kelsey. It was a dating show on VH one or something or E or one of those channels. He's just hosted Saturday Night Live. If he does have real post career aspirations, continuing to make sure he's on the best team in the league is very valuable for him. Tyreek Hill was in a different situation. Tyreek Hill was never going to be incredibly marketable, was never going to have great post career opportunities because of all of his off the field baggage, and he's just not as charismatic as Travis Kelsey might be the most charismatic player in the whole league. So Tyreek wanted to get paid as much as possible with he had time left, you know, as a superstar, So he made that choice. But he went to Miami and he probably isn't gonna play in too many more super relevant games. So I don't think Kelsey wants to ever be in that position. He also, at this point, I mean he's turning thirty four, is the oldest great skill position player in the entire league. So I do think he's left some money on the table, but I don't think in the long run it's gonna cost him that much. He does seem fine with it, and he has become one of the most one of the biggest celebrities in the league. And when you do have the Mahomes standard of we are not pressing every edge possible contractually, as long as we are winning, Andy is here and we are competing at the highest level, it really really helps the Chiefs. There's just no way around it. Now. Chris Jones their best defensive player. He is pressing his contractual edge right now, and I don't blame him for I wouldn't blame Kelsey if he were doing it. But while he doesn't have the off field marketing opportunities Travis has, and as a pass rusher and dominant defensive lineman, he plays a position that just naturally gets paid more in the NFL.
Speaker 3: All right, next, okay show he Otani right yep is blowing everyone away. Earlier this week, he hit two home runs and got the win with ten strikeouts in the same game. This being a slow sports to day, we were wondering would there ever be a dominant two way player in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think there could be, I don't think there will be, But the only spot that I think would make sense would be wide receiver corner and if that could translate, I maybe running back safety or running back linebacker. I don't think we're going to see it in the NFL. I think the Otani conversation is interesting because the conversation this week is is he the best baseball player ever? And it's a fascinating kind of thought exercise because he's an excellent pitcher, but no one would argue he's the best pitcher in baseball. Top five maybe, but I don't think many people would say he's the single best pitcher in baseball right now. He might be the best hitter in baseball. Some people would say Aaron Judge, but he's certainly in the argument, but it's not definitive, So he's not the best pitcher in baseball. He's not definitively the best hitter in baseball. Yet he's being discussed as the best player ever to play because he's the only guy that does both, and he's the only guy in one hundred years that has done both at a high level. I think you can make the argument he is adding more value to his team on a as a single person as any player ever, more than any player ever this season because he is a top five pitcher and a top two batter, and with Judge Hurt probably the number one batter. I think it gets tricky because the other all time greats did add two way value. They weren't pitchers, but they were great fielders. So Willie Mays, King, Griffy Jr. Barry Bonds were elite defensive outfielders and at various times in their career all of them the best hitter in the sport. So I don't think it's hands down. I do think he's in the discussion as far as not the greatest player ever, as far as who's had the greatest career, but who who has as the most impact in a singular season. You know, my answer for grace baseball player ever my whole life has been Willie Mays, with the caveat of it's clearly actually Barry Bonds. But if you want to disqualify him because of the steroids, so be it. And Griffy I think gets the short end of the stick, so to speak. But I'm also partially because my favorite player growing up. I do wonder more. I do think this we will see another Sho Hey o Tani way before we see someone in football try to pull off playing both ways, because anybody that knows anyone that made it to the majors, if you talk as a pitcher, if you talk to them about their high school baseball career, almost all of them were the best hitter on their team, and we're amazing hitters. And then started focusing exclusively on pitching because of the success of Otani. I do wonder if we will see another freak show athlete like this say that I can do both.
Speaker 3: Don't know a lot of people say that Jackie Robinson was like the best baseball player.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't. I think they say he's the most important and Jackie was. Jackie was an all time great, a World Series MVP, a League MVP, if I'm not mistaken, and a great player. But he has outsized importance because he broke the color barrier. Yeah and he was. Yeah, I knew he won in l MVP. I just checked. But and I don't again, I don't want to short change what a great player he was. But if not for breaking he is a lot of people say he and they're correct, is the most important player ever. But when it comes to the best baseball player ever, the names that come up are Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, some people say Ted Williams, Barry Bonds, and lately some people have argued it could be Mike Trout. I don't believe. I don't agree with that. What makes show Hay so interesting is people talk about baseball as there's the greatest hitters ever, the greatest players ever, and then almost separate category, the greatest pitchers ever, like Bob Gibson and Satchel Page and Sandy Kovax, Roger Clemens, those guys. The fact that o'tani, if he had played his whole career in the majors, might end up in the top twenty of both categories when no one else is in either. You know he has any crossover is what makes him unique.
Speaker 3: All right, next, okay, so now it's time for the return of Nick's tennis corner.
Speaker 2: Okay, So all right, so we have a lot going on here. I'm very curious into how sound these questions. Wimbledon is done in England. If there was ever a time, now is the time? Do you go? Right ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Wimbledon begins this weekend and we know it's full of traditions. So before we get into the question, I got us strawberries and cream.
Speaker 2: Oh you did, Oh, thank you so much? Next to me, Oh, here you go, delightful. Oh, strawberries and cream for everyone here. Okay, yeah, I'll take some whip topping if I could take. Okay, thank you so much. Go ahead and go ahead and ask the question. Okay, yeah, back to you. Don't forget the accent.
Speaker 3: As I opened up, feel like I could you give notoriously bad tennis gambling advice, but give us some winners for this year's championships at Wimbledon. All right, so painful.
Speaker 2: You're right that I did give bad gambling advice on the French Open. Not as bad as producer Matt who is you know, hiding today and staying away in shame because he told us to bet on Nadal and Nadal ended up pulling out of the tournament. But I went with al Karez. I said, I thought Alcarez was gonna beat Djokovic, and then Djokovic whooped him, and Djokovic won the tournament. I'm gonna pick Alcarez again. Djokovic is minus one sixty, al Karez is plus three point forty. So if you were about one hundred and sixty dollars. On Djokovic, you win one hundred. If you were about one hundred and sixty dollars. On al Karez, you win more than five hundred. I like those odds. If you wanted a long shot, my heart would be with Kurios, but I think Medvedev would be the right long shot pick. Here's the thing, my tennis corners, I am going to I am super into Wimbledon once it starts, so over the next few what's right we can discuss it. I'm not great at the previewing of it, as proven by my disastrous French Open gambling advice that I gave again, not as bad as producer Matts, but still disastrous all the same. All right, take a quick break, come back, play some game, likely maybe, and what if ant talk a little bit about Bronnie James. We'll do all that next What's Right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble CA including Jarrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Kanavami. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, it's Nick right and AG one is the daily foundational nutritional supplement that supports whole body health. I drink it every morning and love the way it tastes. All great athletes have one thing in common. They take care of their bodies, and a huge part of that starts with optimizing whole body health. So free agency officially does start tomorrow. AG one is a great way to improve your health. What team we'll find the free agent who can improve the health of their team? And who will it be? I actually think a sneaky active team in free agency is going to be the Spurs. I think the Spurs are going to want to improve their team immediately. So Wimby is playing relatively high leverage and meaningful game in a way that he otherwise would not be. And so because of that, my answer would be the Spurs. AG one is a really effective daily habit with high quality sourced ingredients and is another reason why I trust ag one each and every day. I may not have all the answers, but if a comprehensive solution is what you need from your supplement routine, then try ag one and get a free one year supply of Vitamin D and five free ag one travel packs with your first purchase. Go to drinkag one dot com, slash what's right. That's drinkag one dot com. Slash what's right, and that's right with a W like my last name and name of the show. Go ahead and check it out. So there it is, there's our friends at ag one, whichever endor you can come back up here now. I have gotten back into writing the peloton every day like I was doing honestly, but I did it basically every day for a year, and then when we started the podcast, it kind of changed my schedule, so I fell off a bit. But I've started doing it again a couple of months ago, and I pour ag one in my water of during my peloton RD. It works great. All right, Diorra, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Okay? So now we're gonna talk a little bit about Bronni.
Speaker 2: Right Yuick? So all you fixture Mike real quick and get it. There you go.
Speaker 3: A mock draft has Bronni being selected to Atlanta. Apparently Lebron loved it because he's He's shared it on his ig story.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Was this his way of saying He'll go wherever Bronni goes.
Speaker 2: I'm not certain of that because that could be read as if that's where Bronni goes, then the whole you know, the whole family's going to be supporting him. Another way could have been saying that he's going to go where Bronni goes. It is going to be one of the most fascinating draft decisions ever. Where Let's say Lebron next year plays at about the level he did this year, where he is not. Most people didn't think he was a top five player this year. Everyone knew he was a top fifteen player. He made All NBA, he was All NBA team again. So let's say Lebron's in there somewhere from the eight to twelve range as far as best players in the league this season. If it is made clear that whoever drafts Bronni, Lebron is gonna sign with them for the league minimum, what does that do for Bronni's draft stock. So let's say Bronni is the fortieth ranked player in the draft. He'd be worth us mid second round pick. If you have the fourteenth pick of the draft. Is it worth overdrafting Bronni if you are getting a top fifteen player to come along with them for the league minimum, you could almost even look at it. So like this year the Miami Heat took him Jack West Junior at number eighteen. Would they forget the brownie part of it? Would they have flat out traded the number eighteen pick for Lebron James on a minimum contract? Of course they would have. So I do find it fascinating. When we get closer to the draft, there's gonna be a lot of discussions on it. Is it right? Is it fair? I you know, it would be very awkward for me to say it is inappropriate for a parent with some influence or sway. It would be very inappropriate for me to say to say it is inappropriate for that parent to use it to help their kid. Considering I host this podcast with my kids, and it's not like we exactly held an audition process. I just did it because I thought it would be good for them, and good for me and good for the show, and it's what I wanted to do, so I'm not going to be a hypocrite there. I also think there I understand there is some potential downside to this for Bronni, there's also some real upside, which is if he is a fringe NBA guy, if you're a second round pick, it's a non guaranteed contract that the team does not have a real investment in. But if they spend a first round pick on you, it's a guaranteed contract. But more so than the money mattering. What matters is the team is invested in developing you because they spend a real asset on you. So I get I find it fascinating. I also don't know if Bronni behind the scenes is told Lebron, I don't want to play on the same team as you. If I make it and all of it, it's going to be one of the most interesting, unique stories that we've seen in sports because we never thought this was possible. We knew brothers could play with brothers, and we've seen teams across the league, you know, give Giannis's brother's contracts in hopes of either acquiring Giannis or keeping Yiannis happy. We never thought it would have with father and son. So it's just it's a very fascinating angle, all right, dear, Or what's our game?
Speaker 3: So today we're playing? Likely? Maybe what if it's been a while since we've played. So here's a refresher for you and the audience. I will ask you a question and you will respond with three possibilities, each more far fetched.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the first one.
Speaker 3: James Harden is a wild card right now. He hasn't made a decision on his player option yet, so what do you see him doing.
Speaker 2: It's likely he resigns with the Sixers. That's the most likely outcome, not on a full max, but it's likely he resigns with the Sixers. Morey's there. He had two amazing playoff moments with them this year, and then he also had the last two games of the playoffs, which were old James Harden playoff stuff. They have the best chance to win, they need him, they can afford him. It's likely that maybe he does what has been speculated the last year, and he just goes back to Houston and goes back to his old stomping grounds. Even though their world's away from a championship. What if is what if the Los Angeles Clippers say what if James says I want to go back home to LA and the Clippers pull off a sign and trade for him. I don't think that's a real needle mover for them, but that is the unlikely but somewhat plausible outcome. The most likely though, is he stays in Philly, maybe he goes to Houston, with an outside chance that he ends up going to the Clippers.
Speaker 3: All right, next Okay. According to Woj, the market for Kyrie is almost non existent outside of Dallas. However, it seems Kyrie is more interested in the years than the money. How is this going to play out?
Speaker 2: It's likely Dallas overpays and folds their hand and gives him three years guaranteed, probably with a partial guarantee in year four, and he stays with the Mavericks. That's the most likely outcome, okay. Because the MAVs have boxed themselves in with the Kyrie trade, they don't want to alienate Luca. Further, I don't think getting in. I said it from the very beginning that I thought getting in the Kyrie business was a mistake. But they did it. Now they probably got to follow through. Maybe the MAVs are able to find a team that will execute a sign in trade for Kyrie where they get depth back and that team gives Kyrie a a significant contract. I think that is unlikely, but that is maybe that they do a sign in trade with Kyrie the and I threw out on TV not to bring up the Clippers again, but a sign and trade with the Clippers for Paul George would be a dream scenario for the Mavericks. I don't know why the clippers would do it, except for the fact that they're about to open a new stadium. They can't trust that Kawhi and Paul George. Either one of them can leave after next year. It's very difficult to trust Kawhai's health, and they might feel like we have to have a headliner in town when we open that new stadium. The what if is what if he just says screw the money and goes to the Lakers for the mid level exception. But that is not happening. Kyrie has left too much money on the table to sign up for one year twelve million day the Lakers. It's going much like the hardened thing. I think the most likely outcome is what's actually gonna happen here, which is he stays with Dallas. All right, don't even worry about the follow up question. Go on to Draymond.
Speaker 3: The Warriors got rid of their locker room problem, the guy who got punched. Now the runway is open for Draymond to return to Golden State. But will he?
Speaker 2: All right? It's like, yeah again, I'm sorry to go with the chalk answers here, he's gonna return to Golden State. It's likely that he returns to Golden State on like a three year deal that matches up Steph's contract. Maybe he goes to Dallas, as Bill Simmons has been speculating as is a possibility, and again I don't think that's gonna happen. But the what if is what if he visits Sacramento just as as a negotiating ploy and is just taken aback by what they're trying to build there and likes the idea that he could stay in Northern California, spurn the Warriors front office, get a boatload of money from Sacramento, and then help build a winner there. That's not gonna happen. Sacramento open up the cap space and their speculation. But that's not gonna happen. Sidebar, is your.
Speaker 3: Sister getting whi cream?
Speaker 2: Annie stopped getting the whip cream. That's for Wimbledon. De Or's younger sisters here as well. I think she's really just hoping that at some point she could rush the stage and take over for you. But now she's eating then, Deanna, Now she's eating all the whip cream all right.
Speaker 3: Next, after reminding the world that he can still play basketball, Russ is back on the market. Maybe the Lakers could use him. You know where does he end up?
Speaker 2: This one's tough because it can be far fetched though. Yeah, but that the Clippers can only pay him three point eight million dollars, so I don't see that happening. I think it is likely he ends up with the Chicago Bulls because Lonzo's career appears to be over. Unfortunately, they can pay him more than the Clippers. He would get to play. He's a Jordan brand guy. I think maybe this would excite you. Diora well, I guess you're gonna be in college. You're not even gonna go with me to the games? Oh I just got said maybe he goes to the Nets.
Speaker 3: You can get me tickets out there. I'll be at the games out there.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no there's no basketball team in Santa Cruz. Well there is a league team, and there's also he's too far. I'm close, and maybe he goes to the Nets. And what if? What if is that he says I don't care about the money, and he takes three point eight million minimum from the Clippers. But I don't see that happening at all. I think it's the Bulls or the Nets are the two teams most likely to sign him. Both of the Nets are an interesting one because since they don't have their own draft picks, they are not incentivized at all to tank, and so they might want to stay competitive. He still is a draw, He's still a popular player, but I think he ends up with the Bulls. We answer your questions next, What's right? The Nathan's Hot Dog eating Contest is one day. Joey Chestnut is one of fourteen of the last fifteen Some say that he's the greatest athlete of all time. Defend them, one could argue, usein balt Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan. None of them could have survived, let alone thrived without the one skill my client has mastered, which is eating. Now, can you eat without being able to run? You can? Can you run without being able to eat? You cannot. There was never a period of time where people existed in eating, didn't He's the greatest ever. You know who could be a better athlete than my client? Bring me the greatest breather ever? Someone? If there are breathing competitions held worldwide and all of a sudden that guy is just kicking everyone's ass and breathing, I might say, you know what, Joey, you're now the second go that was. So that's the problem do you are with doing public defender? Is I do it so well that people then believe that's my sincere Take that Joey suss and that's the greatest eater ever. That was one year ago today. By the way that we did that, the I mean, I found myself watching that clip and being swayed by my own persuasiveness, in my own brilliance of argument. But that was a public defender where I defend seemingly the indefensible. So that's the little recap from a year ago. What's up? It also reminds me how much better our new studio is than our living room where we were doing it. All right, dear, or what are the fan questions today?
Speaker 3: Okay? Noah Rodriguez asked, The Calves are reportedly shopping Darius Garland. If the Spurs can get him, where does that put them in the Western Conference race for next year, assuming they trade Kelton and Picks?
Speaker 2: Well, then, listen, the Spurs are not competing in the West next year. I think that when I was saying they could be players in free agency, it's so they could maybe hope to get to forty wins, be around five hundred, But they're not competing in the West next year. So I but I like Garland, and I do think the Calves need to probably rework some things if they're going to try to take the leap to from nice story to at least fringe contender. All right, next, Jack Fisher asked, yep, No, you're right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Which NBA team is most likely to take a huge leap next season like the Kings did last season.
Speaker 2: That's a really hard one. As far as you know the Kings, you could see it coming a bit because of the Sabonis trade. If you liked Sabonis. My answer, though I don't know if this will be as shocking as the Kings, My answer is gonna be okayc I like what they've built. If you believe in Chet, that's a top three pick they have coming back from last year never played for them. Shay was sensational this year. I like giddy. I like what they've built. Now the MAVs are gonna be way better. But that's a different thing because the MAVs were awesome a year ago then had a down year. So my answer would be okay, see that could go from and also ran to maybe a top five seed. My answers, okay, see, but again that's way too early and that's pre free agency, so all of that can change next okay.
Speaker 3: Scott Frazer asked Nick, where do you see d Hop going and does he make a difference in Casey or Buffalo or does he take the bag and go to Houston or New England.
Speaker 2: Listen, I d Hop clearly doesn't want to sign in New England, but he needs. I mean, they've made him an offer, he's done the visit, it's been weeks. He needs. He wants a team with an excellent quarterback to go after him. Thus far, it hasn't happened. I do think he would help Buffalo a lot. I think you can't City a little. But Buffalo doesn't have a number two receiver, sorry Gabe Davis, and their number one receiver is angry at their quarterback. So I think Buffalo he'd move the needle on the most. But that doesn't seem to be happening. They're in a tough salary cap situation, all right.
Speaker 3: Next Michael Thomas asks, how do you see the Wizards rebuild going? Do you see Pool staying long term? I think we're ten years too late, but curious about what you think our outcome will be in the next few years.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're gonna be terrible the next few years. But I think that's the point. The point is to rip it down. You're right that it's ten years too late, but you had to start over. You finally did. Pool is, you know, is going to score a bunch of points and play no defense, and by the time you're ready to win, Pool won't be a piece of it. But you're now at least finally admitting the team is under Michael Winger, that you needed to start over. Next.
Speaker 3: Ryan Johnson asked, what's your favorite sports man?
Speaker 2: I can ask that all the time, and I don't really have one. I don't know. I mean Space Jam the original or the remake? The remake the original? I mean that was very good.
Speaker 3: I don't think it counts.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously, rock the whole Rocky slash Creed. You know, family of movies are the best ones. People love Hoosiers. I don't love Hoosiers. People love Field of Dreams. I don't love Field of Dreams. I did love ten Cup, but that's almost more of a romance than a sports movie. If Happy Gilmore install is a good movie, Hoop Dreams is a documentary.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If Happy Gilmore accounts, Happy Gilmore is my answer, I mean that's yeah, that is my answer. Actually, Happy Gilmore is my answer. All right, go ahead, and Gabe's questions the last one.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's a bit of a follow up. Yeah, okay, Public Defense two.
Speaker 2: I don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: I think you might.
Speaker 2: I don't need to do that. I would have done it if you know my scenes hadn't been cut from the movie. But since they haven't, I don't see I was supposed to be in the movie. But you know we couldn't couldn't make that.
Speaker 3: I was supposed to be in the in the video.
Speaker 2: No, well, I'm I'm just telling you. You know, we don't have to get into it. I'm not gonna do that. The unlike the Jordan's sikaphants that need to necessarily defend each and everything he's ever done, I thought I'll let Space Jam two stand on its own. All right. What's Gabe's question?
Speaker 3: Has Deanna eaten all the whip cream and bear?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that we got in the show because we got to see what she's doing in the back of this store. By the way, we are off next week. We're on TV. Podcast is off next week. We will talk to you guys one week from Tuesday. I have a great fourth of July. I know Diora will as she is doing what she does almost every weekend with her friends. And I've gone there Bogi Hampton's. You've gone to the Hamptons once for a vacation, arguing, Okay, you find your way out there quite a bit.
Speaker 3: You have a you have a I've been out there four times total.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever you say. I think we counted up, it's probably closer to eight. All right, we'll see you guys a week from Tuesday. I'll see you on TV today at three. What's right, h.