Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pig. Sign up for Prize Pigs today and use that promo code leading Off when you do. It's me Joey p joe Pi's Apia. That of course is the Welsh. We are clean shaven. Monday was a fun show. If you missed the mustaches, well go run to the YouTube. It was pretty amazing. Actually, I saw some of the still shots there. I posted one on Twitter. I think we look pretty sexy, to tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, I mean, but there's a little stranger danger that was involved in that. That was one of the funnier things that somebody put it out there. But hey, listen, stashes were good, they were fine. Mine gone, I mean the minute the show was done, because I also had a video to post that you guys can check out on Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel, and I wasn't gonna put the mustache on that one though.
Speaker 3: It might have been good, but it is gone.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were off yesterday for the holiday. We are back again and for the rest of the week. Just in case you're wondering, I know next week's schedule is weird with the all show break, But don't worry, we'll break all that down. Bud Welsh, what a difference twenty four or forty eight hours can make of an opinion? Today? Is show Heyo Tani's birthday, by the way he turns twenty nine. I just saw that. I did not realize that.
Speaker 2: Not just show hey Otani's birthday, but shout out to my lovely wife and my daughter. They all share, so I have two in my house, and then we have a baseball player who represents their today. Happy birthday to all.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a great birthday though, because for his birthday he has a blister. He got a blister for his birthday and a Mike Trout injury that's gonna take him out till August. We have to talk about this because this is huge. Mike Trout has had a good season. I don't know if I would call it a transcendent Mike Trout season. Still a lot of strikeouts there. He's on a good pace. He's gonna have, you know, thirty homers, close to ninety RBIs. You know, it's a great season. But here we are thirty one year old Mike Trout another injury. It's a handmad the bone broken, So six eight weeks typically is the recovery time. And we've seen this in the past. I remember back the day when Pablo Sandoval had both hands. Do you remember that he had one of them and nextual you get another one. I would say this, I remember this zapping a lot of guys power. I'd be very concerned of whatever you get out of Mike Trout the rest of the season. Yeah. Then the show, Hey Otani blister issue where he came out. Now he's unlikely to pitch in the All Star Game. This comes a good timing, so you hope the blister can you know right itself. But the Angels found themselves in the Wildcard Hunt just twenty four hours ago, and now it feels like the whole calculus has changed. Whilsh We were talking before the show and you put out there to me, you said, if you asked me yesterday in the morning, I would have said, you know, Angels are feeling really good. They're not trading Otani. Now I'm gonna ask you that same question with this Trout injury and where they are in the standings and what this team really is. Do you think that calculus has changed.
Speaker 2: I may or may not have within the last week said with one hundred percent certainty Otani was not getting traded. That may or may not have there's no confirmed evidence outside of audio recordings that no one's pulling.
Speaker 3: I may or may have said that.
Speaker 2: I look at the situation now and go that has swung in the opposite direction. I don't think it's one hundred percent assured or anything like that. There's still over five hundred divisionally the I think it's the Central is Trash and they're third in their division. Seven games back, they would be fourth in I think it's the East, the Al East if they were in over there, so there's still a little bit of ways to go.
Speaker 3: But you lose Trout now. If this is.
Speaker 2: An important ten game stretch, I think that's coming up between here and the All Star Break. If they go seven and ten or six and four something like that, I personally still believe that if they are.
Speaker 3: In the hunt and they're making positive, you know.
Speaker 2: Push, I'd still think they're gonna do it because they'll they'll say we're gonna get Trout back, We're gonna try. Maybe we'll buy if they lose and they're four and six, three and seven of the next ten, they are seriously going to have to consider trading Otani after losing this. And it all comes down to I'd said to you, I think one thing they have to figure out how to do.
Speaker 3: I think they have to sit down with.
Speaker 2: That representation and be like, we need you to give us an honest assessment of will you come back? What is the likelihood to come back? Because I have attested to that if Otani will come back, they don't want to do anything to hurt that. But this is a huge, massive blow. And you and I were going through some trade scenarios because I think there's only a few teams and I know you have been very very heavy on the Mets being the team, but well.
Speaker 1: I was until the Mets became the Mets and we're seventeen games out of first place. I think the Mets are toast. So no, the Mets are not in this thing right now. I think there is Dodgers are the team. It is all Dodgers, And look, I don't want to throw cold water on this, but Otani's agent's gonna say, yeah, sure of course you're in the mix. Because they wants to drive up the price because you want as many teams in the mix as you can get, because if you get them, then you can continue to play them against each other to raise the price of Showyotani. You're getting an ACE pitcher and an MVP candidate in one trade. It's gonna cost you taking on another contract, I think, And it's gonna cost you a lot, a crap ton of prospects. It's gonna cost you outman. It's gonna cost you Vargas. It's gonna cost you Bobby Miller or Sheehan at least. And I do think they would ask you to take the Anthony Rendo and contract along with it, which I know is a huge ass, but I don't think it's wrong. That's where I would start if I was the Angel general manager, and I'd say, look, if we're gonna really remake this team something good, you have to move Otani because the draft pick is not enough and there's a better chance that you lose them than you keep him. So this is something that you're right. The next ten games here through the All Star break are gonna be crucial. This could not come at a worse time because the uncertainty. Had this injury happen, I think two weeks ago, you would definitively get a Joel Tomy trade because then you know, what are we without Mike Trout. But more to the point too, from fancy perspective, now with my Trout out, you're getting Joe Adell back up here. He is not the guy to replace Mike Trout. But what do you do if you have Mike Trout, Because from a fantasy perspective, you're going to be without him now for six to eight weeks and when he comes back at the end of August quote unquote theoretically, what does that look like? I don't know, Welsh. I mean it feels like if you have Trout, you're kind of just your season's been sunk. Do you see any way out of this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: By the way, you go closer to the mic, a little closer to the mike, you're getting lost just a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were turning into the mic. Trout of all this, I mean, what do you do? I mean, this is gonna be a big rubber meets the road for Dynasty owners if he had MI I have Mike Trout in a league and a dynasty league that I've been kind of struggling, and this is probably a nail in the coffin of me trying to make a run, and I need to probably consider some stuff. But what I do worry about, to your point, is, oh my god, what could this team look like when my Trout comes back? This will be like Rick from The Walking Dead. You know, one day he's up, he's with his friends, and traffic accident happens. Next thing, he wakes up in a hospital. The world's destroyed and there's zombies everywhere. Like Mike Trout is gonna be there, and it'll be like, here's my buddy Rindon, Here's Otani, here's this, here's that, Here's Brandon Drury. He's gonna wake up and it's gonna be the shells of Joe Adele and maybe James Outman is going to be there, and David Fletcher will be playing again and he's gonna be like, what.
Speaker 1: The hell is what it is? I can't think of anybody but the Dodgers too, of where that makes sense now, Like, no, I'm sure there's some other team laying in the weeds that we don't. We're not thinking of But the Dodgers just make the most sense. But the problem with that is from a from a PR perspective, if you're an Angels general manager, how much you hate trade him to the Dodgers. I mean, that's just a terrible situation. You do, yes, but you hate it. You do.
Speaker 3: But it's about facilitation.
Speaker 2: And I told you off air, I said, of course there's other teams like the Mets, the Yankees should always be considered into it.
Speaker 1: But I don't think the Yankees have prospects to do it.
Speaker 2: No, well, they've got it. They'd have to a Jason. To me, you'd have to be Jason.
Speaker 1: God, do you want to do that. I don't think that. See. To me, that's not the Brian Cashman style that he's shown you in the last fifteen years.
Speaker 3: You'd have to trade one big piece. They've got so much.
Speaker 2: But the Dodgers specifically, they have got all the pieces. I think Autman and Vargas are the big core. And I know and the one thing you need to consider here as well. We're talking about and this is what I think is hard about this. We're talking about a return that looks like the Wan Soto trade, but won Soto had an extra year on him.
Speaker 3: You are renting o'connie for two months with.
Speaker 2: The hopes that you're risking him, that this gives you an edge not only to win this year, but to maybe sign this guy. So if you're talking about Autman and Vargas, that think it makes sense, probably a guy like Shean. I kind of feel like they don't trade Bobby Miller and then maybe that's it, or maybe there's another low end prospect taking on money.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. Does that put the Dodgers over? Probably?
Speaker 2: But also he gets to stay home, and I think this is courting him. Sending him off to New York could be very jolting. But it's a team that is home. They've got the prospects, there's enough of a relationship, they've got the motive, and they got the money. The Dodgers, unfortunately, make all the freaking sense in the world.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: I still don't think it's as much of a guarantee as you say. That injury made it a lot a lot more.
Speaker 1: MLB needs show Heyo Tani in the playoffs. They do. I mean, let's be honest, they need him in the playoffs. He has been musty television this year. He's been musty television for the last couple of years, but really this year in particular, baseball has been hot again. The Angels are never in the playoffs from a money perspective. From a competition standpoint, with in October, when we get an NBA's back and the NFL's back, Major League Baseball wants to show how Tony that they can market in the playoffs. So that's the best case scenario was to get him in there. By the way, Happy birthday, Larry. It's Larry's birthday too, not just everyone in the Welsh's family, and show heo TONI also, so it's a great discussion. We're gonna table it for now. Also, here's a here's a question for you, Joe Adele Now for the next two months, he's gonna have unlimited playing time. It would feel like, so, I know you're not the biggest of Joe Adell guy, but it seems like if he's out there in your league and chances already is you want to add him because he's gonna get at bats now, and especially if Otani does get traded even more at bats potentially for him in August.
Speaker 2: You want to speculate, You want to speculate on Joe ade I don't want to like unloaded.
Speaker 1: What I will say tell welsh on Joe Adele.
Speaker 3: No matter what I do his he just there's not not enough.
Speaker 2: I'm even looking at like the savant page XBA looks great. He didn't strike out a bunch, but it's just such small sample sizes. I will say he was putting up insane, insane hard hit numbers in the minor leagues. He'd been near the top as far as homers go, so this is a good opportunity. He's still not running a whole bunch. He's going to get his shot. Whatever that looks like. This could be if the Angels win games, they could be trading him if he starts to play it up a little bit, or this is his actual full shot to be in more of a prominent piece of the order twelve team five outfielder. If I had some dead weight, I would absolutely speculate on this simply because he looks like he's guaranteed for close to two months to have a gig, and if they're winning games, it will probably be you know, thanks to him. If they're not, it'll probably be partially thanks to him.
Speaker 1: I know, we had a lot more to get to so enough Angels talk about this is a big thing. I mean, this was a huge deal yesterday, all happening at one team and all happening at the same time. Core. It's like that movie everything everywhere, all at once. That's what the Angels were yesterday. Gorbyn Carrol returned so that's good. So fingers crossed it he's healthy enough rest of the season. Big day for some Reds. Jonathan India three for six with two homers. Elie de la Cruz a four for four day with a steel woo hoo. We love that. And Vladdie vlad Guerrero hitting another home run too. He's starting to heat up, slashing two forty seven, three forty nine, four fifty five, thirteen bombs, fifty four RBI. We'd like to see Vladdie have a good second half. Joe Musgrove seven scoreless innings. Sorry, no one on he did give up. By apologies there.
Speaker 3: He's been phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out real quick Joe Musgrove with the early injuries and by the way, get back on that Mic Joe Musgrove with those early injuries and then kind of a rough go you go and look here, expected era under three right now, second lowest barrel percentage pitch two in his career. I mean the k numbers are, they're not phenomenal, but it's still around twenty four with a really low walk rate. He's been messing with that change up. I don't know, man, He's been crazy, crazy good and it looks like there is a lot more in the tank for the second half. So I might be a buyer back into Joe muscro I'm buying a lot of these padres.
Speaker 1: Muscle is a guy that I mean, Kelly and I were talking about it for weeks. Now it's like, you gotta go trade for Joe Musgrove, like he was clearly a perfect guy to buy. I'm not a good guy to buy for Matthew in our chat here he just traded for Trout last week. So Matthew, sorry, buddy, you know sorry, It's it's legal in a lot of states. Now, you might want to kill the pain. Hazel's Lizardo eight strikeouts and six innings. Looking at the stats now, Welsh on Jesus three, p. Thirty two ERA a one point one to six whip, one hundred and twenty strikeouts to twenty six walks at one hundred and three innings. That's eighteen starts. I'm ready to put him in the elite I think he's there. I mean, these are our elite numbers. When you have a strikeout to walk ratio like that, when you have an ERA that's getting almost south of three, where we're getting real close, I mean, that is pretty damn good, especially this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he I don't know if he's in the elite I don't put him in the elite league, but he is definitely dipping his toe in that territory.
Speaker 3: Because you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: An almost thirty percent k percentage with around a six percent walk rate, those are in those pretty elite numbers. Yeah, expected numbers are in there. And on the season we saw the fastball be a little bit more effective. The wifth percentage is up by a round three percent, and his slider has been bonkers this year. It was forty one percent with rate. Last year he threw it about thirty percent of the time, same percent this year, over fifty percent with rate, So that fastball velo up a little bit is more effective, and it's setting up the slider, which you know, those are elite.
Speaker 3: Pieces for these type of guys.
Speaker 1: Also, Staple traded Bryce Harper to get Trout last week. So it's tough, baby, It's.
Speaker 2: Tough about Harper's been performing. Who has more stats? Trout missing six weeks and the back or that's the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: That's mean. All right, Let's get to one more thing. Nelson Cruz designated for assignment. So uh, I imagine the end of Nelson Cruz, although I think somebody could take a shot on him down the stretch. Somebody might give him a shot here. You never know how things are. Let's do the rookie lookie. Colton Cowser, Yes, from Triple A Norfolk getting the call, twenty three years old, fifth overall pick into twenty twenty one draft. I've been very good at Triple A so far this year, slashing three thirty four, fifty nine, five thirty seven at obp of four to fifty nine, unbelievable ten omers, forty rebis, seven steals and fifty six games. What's your thoughts on Colton Kowser? Here another Oriole getting the call. See this is what the Angels need to look at. They need to look at a team like the Orioles and say, look at what this team is doing with these young position players. This is what we need to do. This is how we're going to build a team that's going to be good on an annual basis.
Speaker 2: Well, really, this is one of those where I think someone asked it in the chat, and it's a legitimate question because I've been I know I talked cees on here. I talk a lot about Colton Kowser. This is one of my favorite guys in the miners. I got them as a top ten fantasy prospect. But one of the things we've looked at is where's it gonna play because they kind of screwed it up when they brought in Aaron Hicks. But I assume this is going to be the takeover for Aaron Hicks move long term. You mentioned that obp It's four fifty nine. It's because he had an almost nineteen percent walk rate at triple A eighteen point seven. That is over fifty six games, an under twenty five percent K percentage, ten homers, seven stolen bases, and over two hundred ISO. This is a guy that does have real power. Three straight levels. He's had a two hundred plus ISO. I love his bat to ball skilled. This is a guy where like Gunner has struggled with average, I would be shocked to see Colton Kwser struggle as hard.
Speaker 3: As him with the batting average.
Speaker 2: So Colton Kowser is a guy that I'm absolutely picking up. Who is the guy we were just talking about in the twelve Oh, Joeidell or Colton Kowser. I'd rather have Colton Kowser in a twelve team five outfielder, even though Joe Adell is more locked in and JP said Hayes is hurt while he's coming up. But once Hayes comes back, I think this is Aaron Hicks going bye bye.
Speaker 1: His has been good. Higgs has been very good.
Speaker 3: Since they won't list.
Speaker 1: You could refuse to believe it, but I mean it's it's true. I mean whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. It's a fact.
Speaker 2: Put Calton Kowser back down is my problem. You can't bring the get him up unless he struggles, Unless he mightily struggles.
Speaker 1: Ryan Ellis pulled off a hell of a trade. By the way, Musgrove and debtmurs for Sandy al Contra and Alec Minoa early in the season.
Speaker 3: Must grove debt meers for.
Speaker 1: Al Contra and Manoa early in the season. That that'll do. That trade looks pretty good.
Speaker 2: That trade off in May, that will definitely don get.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Alec Manoa, he's going to be back on Friday. Now I won't be here Friday. The Wonkye Penguin will be filling in for me. I've got tickets to smack down in New York City. It's gonna be a good time. The Tribal Court for the Tyble Chief Roman reigns, well, they're gonna put him on trial whether or not he should continue to be running the Bloodline after losing it money in the bank to the USOS. So it's gonna be amazing stuff there. It's gonna be cinema Welsh, it's gonna be theater. It's gonna be great. But Alec Manoa, also.
Speaker 3: You just sold us on. That was an amazing moment hearing in the.
Speaker 1: Game out new in this league. By the way, I just recorded. I sent it to Welsh. Whenever he's done with the show, he's gonna upload it in this would I say, in this league, oh, in this league, well on in this league, but in this ring. My new wrestling pod just recorded Welsh this afternoon. He'll have a sandwich and upload it so you can listen to me to talk about that. But more to the point, the waky Penguin is excited for Friday. She cannot wait to be on this show. I can only assume this is going to be an epic disaster. So wels, I guess here's the thing. Let's make some money on this when it happens. Whatever the earned run total is, let's go over. Let's crush this. Let's bet real heavy on the other side. Because I don't see any reason. There's nothing he showed me in these minor league workings that make me feel better about him getting a start again. I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they put like his walk total out there, I'm gonna take that. Everyone was like, oh, man, Alex Manola is back. I don't know, man, this is against double A.
Speaker 3: Yes, he struck out ten.
Speaker 2: He also walked three and hit a batter, and I think he hit that batter in the first inning. And he had back to back walks in one of the innings he got out of like one or two bases, loaded jams, lots of strikeouts, but it's not as clean as that outing looks like going up against Detroit. Okay, that's a site. If you could ask for a better situation for him to walk into, there probably isn't outside of playing.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of like the A's that's might be the best situation here. Do I trust it? Not? Really?
Speaker 2: Is it possible he comes in and strikes a nine and gives out one or two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not betting on it.
Speaker 2: I'm treating this like I would treat any guy coming back from Edward Rodriguez, who I think is going today coming on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel I'm not starting him necessarily.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. I'm not starting Menoa. I'm treating him like he was injured and coming back from his first start.
Speaker 3: There's no chance.
Speaker 1: I don't. Like I said, I think this is this is the reeks of desperation. That's what this is. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's walk number looks like if I could get I mean, I would smash one and a half over, which is usually.
Speaker 1: The come, I was setting it. It would be three and a half.
Speaker 3: If I could get two and a half over, I am smashing look for that.
Speaker 1: If you see two and a half, well, but you know, I mean this.
Speaker 3: Is not financial advice, but saying.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the injuries the Dodgers did announce. As Welsh mentioned earlier, Dustin May Tommy john So he done for all this year, all next year. Not surprised here we I mean preseason, all we talked about was how bad the latter part of this rotation is for the Dodgers, and how dangerous it is to consider them favorites. And here we go. Now, look, Bobby Miller stepped in. I know Sheehan was bad yesterday, but we'll get to that in a second. You know, they're gonna fix it, but this is a problem. They have to address it. Garrett Whitlock also going on the fifteen day date. I l no matter what, it just seems like this guy snake bit. We can't get Garrett Whitlock on the field for a long period of time. It's really frustrating.
Speaker 3: Strada Jazz the way.
Speaker 1: That's a good analogy. It is Tarriostrada. By the way, he's going to miss four to six weeks with a wrist injury, so he's been very good. He was in one of my serious sell high candidates on Fantasy Bros dot Com a couple weeks ago in that article to get rid of him because it just didn't think he could sustain. Zach Rank made an early exit, well early after being terrible, say like, look, let's take you out of here. Something's gotta be wrong. And then of course the Tigers activated to reschool from the sixty day IL and speaking of inevitable injuries, the padres Michael Waka goes to the fifteen dayl with right shoulder inflammation. I don't want to take victory laps on injuries, but Welsh, Yeah, if you had Michael Waka and he was doing what he was doing, there's no way you couldn't try to move him immediately. This was inevitable. This is the than nose of pictures in terms of inevitability. You had to know what what?
Speaker 3: What were people buying the way he was pitching?
Speaker 1: Do you not see the numbers? I don't care what you're getting. Get something before this happened.
Speaker 2: See see, I would have rather I would rather have that if you were watching game, that change up he's been throwing has been Bonker's sub three era. You can take the victory lap that he got hurt, I guess, and some of the expected sets go in the other direction. But this is one of the those I'm not trading him for just nothing. There's no way. His production is way worth, way more than what anybody's actually going to facilitate for you.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a matter of facilitating of equal value. It was facilitating a player that was going to play in the last eighty one games of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. That is the problem. We look at these things we say, well, we can't get equal value back for that. No, But with certain guys like Waka, you have to look at them and say, there's no way he is going to pitch. He's going to make thirty starts this year. That's never gonna happen. Once he made ten, you had to go while geez, I mean, I have already on borrowed time. I have to do something. Framber Valadez, by the way, good news for him and everybody's invested in him and cy Young. He is going to start. He's been doing with that ankle injury. He's going to start on Thursday. Brendan low is going to be back, and Jordan Alvarez, mister Alvarez himself is going to be back as well, sooner than later. Beginning to rehab assignment. Looks like after the All Star break, so fingers crossed, we're getting mister Alvarez back sooner. Three up and three down. James Autman Homer twice drove in four, Aaron Nola seven to third, twelve strikeouts on July fourth, and Logan Gilbert first career shutout, feeling good. What'd you think of that, Gilbert?
Speaker 3: Well, I just crapped on Low. Well, I didn't crap on him, but I may or may not have said.
Speaker 1: One year you were not the biggest Logan Gilbert out.
Speaker 3: I actually love him too.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I haven't been doing trade aways on the trade videos for a while now, Like I at the beginning of the year, I'd be like, here's some trade forwards, trade aways. I did one video all trade aways. Trade aways just get people so worked up. So I was like, let's focus on some happiness for a month or so. Here guys to trade four blah, blah blah. So this week I'm like, let's sprinkle in a couple of trade away guys just into it, and who.
Speaker 3: Did I have? Logan Gilbert? Had Logan Gilbert in there.
Speaker 2: I still gonna kind of hold to what I was saying. I think there's a big return that can be had, especially after a game like this with some of the inconsistencies and low strikeout numbers. But the problem is, like, guy, he's a sub two walk per nine. He does have a better X tip right now than Era. It's pretty damn good. He's pretty damn good. So okay, you guys win, I was wrong, don't trap never doing a trade right?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll make it feel better because I'm gonna do the three downs, and then multiple people in the chat today want to talk about Christian Xavier, so you can you can feel better about yourself after that the three downs, Casiles over four three k's, Pete Alonso over five three k's, and Amachihan three and two thirds five earned not no boy, No. Christian Javier is a very hot topic in the chat today. Welsh, you were ahead of this talking about Javier and now Javier is a picture I liked a lot. Coming into the season, things were going well. You spoke about why the wheels came off. I guess the big question everybody has. Can the wheels be put back together? For Christian Haavier in the second.
Speaker 2: Half, of course, it could be. But one of my big things has been how like, what's the thing? The two pitch pitchers make it more difficult when one traitch is off and the other one is also, Like, here's the thing? The ship he's talked about, the shape of the fastball is not working well. The location of the slider is not great. By the way, I think, I admit when I'm wrong all the time.
Speaker 1: Sarcasm.
Speaker 2: Don't we talking about clip it like? I don't admit that stuff. I'll own up to it.
Speaker 1: Oh, J Foles just I haven't seen j fall in the chat in a while too. He's just here having some fun.
Speaker 3: One thing I'm curious about.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet where there was somebody that was trying to break down the way he was pitching, and they were saying how he was going in and how he was approaching. He was like a little bit front faced, like they were able to identify the.
Speaker 1: Way mechanically speak mechanical there was a.
Speaker 2: Mechanical issue inside of his approach, which might be leading to it. But it just comes back to like, there are two pitches and they both have some wartz in them right now, so I don't see how they get fixed. I don't see what it is. The slider is so less effective. The fastball shape doesn't look good, and that's why I'm like, I don't I don't see how we're going to get there this year to get old Christian Vier. So that's why I've been out for some time, and that's what I worry about with him.
Speaker 3: Can it get fixed?
Speaker 2: Sure, maybe he needs to go eat some spaghetti with Austin Wells or whatever and he can get that fixed to Austin can try to fix everybody. But I don't see with the Mets, like that's not something you want to chicken palm.
Speaker 3: I guess it was. He needs to eat.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is again. Oh God, the lasagna Alvarez. By the way, if that's what he's eating, everybody else should be eating it, because Francisco Alvarez looks like the real deal. By the way, there were some some serious questions in April, but that dude looks like a baller right now, like he has been great. But yeah, there you go. There's a Christian Javier. You might hate that image, but it's still funny. You know. Else is a good time prize pick. Sign up today for prize Picks. Download the app, use that promo code when you can leading off. Sign up for prize picks. Get one hundred percent of positive match up to one hundred bucks. We love the prize picks here, We love our sponsors. Show them some love. I'm gonna go first today. Good total bases across the board. Everybody gets a base, actually too, Ellie de la.
Speaker 3: Cruz, Wait, you got a name for this. You're doing this rung.
Speaker 2: This is called the Oprah lineup. You got, Joe, You have to have themes to your lineup.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I want everybody listening and watching the show to look under your chairs because I'm giving you all bases. Ellie de la Cruz, one and a half over, Gorbyn Carroll, you get an over one and a half. Boba shit, one and a half, you get an over. Everybody gets more than one and a half. Stolen basis. Okay, well go ahead, what do you got for the people today?
Speaker 3: Total basis? He said, stolen that'd be amazing.
Speaker 2: That'd be the most amazing total basis you said stolen bases, that would be an amazing one if.
Speaker 3: You could do that too. By the way, all right, I actually don't have a theme for mine today. This is just a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you made me make a theme and then I mean I had, but.
Speaker 2: Yours was fun. You set it up like if themes have to be natural, there is nothing here.
Speaker 3: I've got.
Speaker 1: Nothing here is forced ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Nemo Fantasy score who I believe hits. I was looking at this last night. It has like the third or second most hits against lefties on the going up against Tommy Henry, George Springer, who I really like today in the leadoff spot. Lance Lynn, by the way, has given up the most homers in baseball. George Springer lead off. I like his fantasy score and I'm going with code I Senga. Even though the Diamondbacks on the year don't strike out a ton, striking out over ten on their last three Sureser got to them.
Speaker 3: I think Senga can. And it is only five and a half.
Speaker 2: So Senga, Nemo and Springer score score and strikeouts for Senga is my prize picks with no name, no theme.
Speaker 1: Not as good as Joe's question. Here in the chat, Matthew Hicky wants to know thoughts on ktell Marte rest of season he's been really good. I mean his numbers have been better than Marcus Inmien's numbers, and we talked about him coming into the season. Is like, look, you could take this guy a lot later. And we know second base was rough, but like there's an opportunity here where Marte bounces back a little bit. Once some of these young diamondbacks start to play better, they're gonna collectively rise, you know it, all boats. I'm gonna create a Welsh is Oh if I could do it, Rising tide lifts all boats that.
Speaker 2: Think you actually got I don't think boats. I don't think boats are in that analogy. But it makes sense, isn't it Rising tides? Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Welsh.
Speaker 3: You tell me what the rising sides?
Speaker 2: What lift all two birds in a stone? Is there's something in there, like I don't know. Maybe boats are involved in I don't remember involved in that one. I'm very much into Katel. He's always going to be hitting at the top of the order for the Diamondbacks, whether it's leadoff or two or three, those guys run, they score runs. It's a really good offense. Kutel always has had like a really intense, big like max ev numbers, and he's back to tapping in. This is like that twenty nineteen or eighteen season where he's just fully tapped in. It's not just about average, it's not just about power.
Speaker 3: He's put both of those in.
Speaker 2: And I think he's a little bit jolted because he wasn't like an all star guy like Corbyn Carroll. But I very very much I'm into to tell Marte the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: What are you laughing at about some of the welshis about the rising tides of the.
Speaker 2: Jet I still think boats are involved in the tide one are they?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought the expression was rising tide lifts all boats to shore. Oh now now he's gonna google it right, God, dang it your.
Speaker 3: The uh it says a rising tide lifts all boats.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think Cody hit it here. Cody hit it a rising tide leads all horses to drink.
Speaker 2: I think that's this is associated with the idea that improvements in the general economy will benefit all participants in the in the economy, and JFK said that nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 1: So there you go. All right, then let's talk about little betting today. I like the Nationals uh here plus one ten. You know why, because Graham Ashcraft is pitching today. I think the Nationals plus one ten is a good number. You should take it. Brian Bellow has four and a half strikeouts minus one twenty eighth. The juice is decent, though, but I think you can get a Red Sox victory and Bellow on the over. On the four and a half small number, he's had five or more and three of his last four outings he's been really solid. This one's going to shock a lot of people too. The Royals plus two fifteen upset special. Put a small which is one unit on this. I think you might get a good return, and the Mets minus one ten. If you want to go to senga route along with it, you can put a little same game parlay. Never go more than three on the parlays. Two is even a better number. Get two things right, don't be greedy. This is how you have success in baseball. Welsh what do you have on the betting side today?
Speaker 3: For the people, everyone's being very mean. Everyone's very mean in here.
Speaker 1: I wish I had something named after me. I don't have a You have a whole system of saying this is nothing new. You have done this for years. I've known you for years, and you've done this and it was always a fun thing, and now it's just be finally given it a name.
Speaker 2: My brain is just going as I get older, it's gonna get worse and worse.
Speaker 1: I can't it's going to be awesome. All right.
Speaker 3: Here's my bets for today.
Speaker 2: I like Atlanta team total runs through the first five at three and a half over. That is just a little bit if you want to live on.
Speaker 3: The dangerous side, you want to live a little bit dangerous. Put on your sunglasses, you know, get out on not it's buckle your seat belt, whatever you do.
Speaker 2: Team total run or actually i'm sorry, total runs three and a half through the first three in that game. That is plus money at least when I checked it was plus one fifteen, So that's three and a half total runs between both teams through the first three. I like that as my dangerous play. I like code Sanga strikeout six five and a half over was plus one hundred again last night, might have moved just a tiny bit, and then I got a little hit parlay. Three guys throwing out at you, George Springer, Lane Thomas, and Wander Franco all to get a hit today plus one fifty two. I actually wanted to find someone worse than Wander and just have like the most ridiculous hit parlay of players that no one would bet on. But I like Springer, I like Lane, and I like Wander one fifty two for a little hit parade. If you guys want to play.
Speaker 1: That, I want to play so rare fantasypros dot Com Slash collect It's free, it's fun, it's cards. You make your team and you go challenge other people in our fun league, Fancy Pros dot Com slash Leading Off League. I hope people tried it yesterday on our fun little holiday. If not, give it a chance. If you have Mike Trout on your team and your season might be over, play them so rare you might just win some MLB TV subs. So fun things going on there, and look, go check it out again. It's really cool. It's one of our sponsors. We appreciate when everybody signs up. I know Razors have been playing. A couple other people have been playing too. It's a good time. They have attest to it. I've checked it out too. I like it. I love the look of the site too. That has been really cool. So go please check out so Rare. It's a really fun way to play a little fantasy baseball. And if you like cards and packs and all that fun stuff, the excitement of opening up a baseball card pack never gets old. I got I was down one of these rabbit holes watching somebody who does these reels of opening packs from older cards and things like that, and I was watching. It was like twenty minutes. I was watching these things. I don't know why, but that's what happens.
Speaker 3: I haven't done it a few months, but I would.
Speaker 2: I run monthly things over on the itl Patreon of opening up cards because I love collectibles and cards and all that.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the first person that said this. By the way, Richie says I should bring back the mustache. I don't know, Richie. I think it's a tough sell.
Speaker 3: But patch, I don't know. We could go hard soul patches.
Speaker 1: We can, we can, we could, we could, we could. I don't know. DFS pix of the day. Brian Bellow is cheap eight point five, Justin Steele nine point seven, pist just right, and I think what you want to do also is I realize that sangle might be a little heavily rostered today, So would Bobby Miller. I think steel is probably the best way to go nine point seven. I think that's the sweet spot. Dodgers Mets san Franz. That's why I'm looking for offense today. James Outman starting to swing a hot bat two point seven. Same thing with alva As two point seven and Glaber Torres two point eight, also swinging good bats. I'm going with pen A Lonzo was oh for yesterday, so I'm gonna turn that bad boy around for the or Bear give me Pete Alonzo for my home run call today. I don't care if it's cheap. I'm taking it home run board JJ Tator overtaking ramone thirty two to thirty one. Look at Ur Hoffman at twenty nine, Primetime at twenty seven. Prime Time's been on this list since a day it started, say with BHB Daddy, So looking for myself on that list, not there yet, but closing in, closing in Welsh, who's your home run call for the.
Speaker 3: Day again, obscurity. I'm going with George Springer.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about Latis, thinking about Bashett and to take the extra at bat, Lancelyn gives up the most homers. George Springer a little bit of a tear someone I am trying to buy right now. So I'm gonna go with George Springer for my home run call today and maybe even two to moon.
Speaker 1: Would that'd be nice? I sign up today fantasypros dot com, slast chat, join the discord amazing community of people there, and when you're a Premium Fantasy Pro's member, you get access to the home run channel. It's the beginning of July. You can win fabulous prizes. Now that Mayor's back from his cruise, maybe we can get the winner from June. Whoever had the most home run calls? Right? Imagine it's probably the Tater, right, I imagine it's gotta be Tater. Right. If it's not Tater, maybe it's somebody else. I don't know, but could be somebody who just popped up in June and all of a sudden started calling home runs, but that could be.
Speaker 3: You in July.
Speaker 1: Fabulous prizes. We went long today, but we weren't here yesterday, so we gave you your money's worth. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. May all your boat get to shore, Happy for