Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, the US began direct negotiations with Iran. In Ohman, we can put this first element up on the screen. Interview that Witcoff did with the Wall Street Journal has a bunch of people angry because he laid out what the US negotiating position is in these upcoming talks with Iran, which will now proceed to Rome next, which we'll talk about in a moment, and effectively, what he said is that the red line for the US is weaponization of the nuclear program, and what that means is that the US would be comfortable with a civilian nuclear program, which is, you know, effectively the nuclear deal that Obama and the Europeans in Russia made with Iran back in twenty fifteen, the jc POA which Trump subsequently walked away from. So that has we can put this next tweet up on the screen. This is this is from and they scooped this. This is if you're if you want to follow this closely, this is called homwaj It's homwatched op media. They have very deep sources kind of within the Iranian government. So you obviously you want to take anything you hear from any government officials with a grain of salt. But if you're if you want to know how Iranian sources are receiving their end of the negotiations, homwag is really good at this. They were the first that I saw to report that Witkof had come in with some level of humility and had not come in demanding, as the Iranians wondered, if he would the complete dismantlement of the entire not just that r program.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: Senior Iranian political sources said that whit cost draft neither contained explicit threats of a military attack Iran has strongly rejected any Libya style dismantling of his nuclear program and has urged Trump to stop his threats.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is again obvious.
Speaker 3: Let's just remember the history here is that anybody in the Middle East, anybody in the world, if you have a nuclear program and America's like, you should give up that nuclear program, your obvious answer should be no.
Speaker 1: Look what you guys did to Gadafi. How you would be an idiot to give it up.
Speaker 3: It's the only security that you have. That's why the relations with the North Koreans continue to stall. We have this fantasy that once you develop an ICBM capable of destroying Los Angeles, so you're going to voluntarily give it up, especially when you're the Kim regime and you still have total control over the entire country. It's not happening. You're like, this is the only guarantee of my entire security. Now, the Iranians obviously aren't there, but to give up the infrastructure for their own security and legitimacy, it would be preposterous. And that's why that's why the pros or A lobby's freaking out, because they know they know that.
Speaker 1: It's a non starter.
Speaker 3: And they want that to be the only condition of negotiation between Steve wick Coffe, the United States and Iran, and.
Speaker 4: Israel keeps Israeli policymakers keep referring to what they want as a Libya style deal. No, they keep using the phrase Libya. And anybody who uses the phrase Libya style deal in these talks is very directly trying to blow up the talks. Because imagine you're on the receiving end of that offer and somebody says, what I'd like to offer you is a Libya style deal, and you use those words. What happened to Kadafi. He gave up his nuclear weapons and subsequently was sodomized to death, literally literally literally on camera, sodomized to death. That is a Libya style deal. And that is what people here who are Runnian leadership or anywhere else, or North Korea, anywhere else. When when you say that, because you're not even trying to sugarcoat it at all, because you there are a lot of different phrases you could use, and Libya's style, uh is a choice treat of parts. You can put up this next elements. He's highlighting uh, He's highlighting this massive kind of bubbling up of a campaign that is very predictably now coming. For Witcough, they got his They got his man, Adam Bowler, who Jared Kushner's roommate. Because Bowler not only met directly with Hamas, that wasn't the problem because that was approved by Trump. He's he went on TV and said.
Speaker 1: That I dared to say that the US US that his great flaw and flubb.
Speaker 3: You know, the only reason they can't screw Wickcoff is because Wickoff has been Trump's friend for like fifty years. And also Wickoff, I mean, let's really ruminate in this too, because I think this is very important.
Speaker 1: It maybe relates to a certain debate.
Speaker 4: That Wassauger is talking. You can roll a few more of these, Just roll.
Speaker 1: Roll more of these, a better out of Steve Wickcoff.
Speaker 3: We just had a whole little debate on a certain platform with a certain person around expertise. And you know, Steve Wikoff is a New York City real estate developer who built the Fountain Blue casino in Las Vegas and has already succeeded in more diplomatic achievement in eighty four days of the Trump administration than Anthony Blincoln did in four years, and then Jake Sullivan did in twelve years in power. Then so many career politicians did over a twenty year period, like Brett McGirk, who have all been working on all these And it is solely because of his effectiveness that these pro Israel folks are all attacking. As you guys just saw, the Israel lobby is absolutely losing it, specifically because they know that any engagement on terms with Iran that do not begin with the total dismantling is itself a threat to the stated goals of the net and Yahoo government, who believes that overthrow of the Iranian regime is not only an imperative for Israel, but that the United States must be a precipiting force to be able to do that for them, not that they themselves are obviously militarily even capable of it. And that is why the war is currently happening over our own politics right now.
Speaker 1: And let's not forget too.
Speaker 3: Wikkoff is not He is not like he's done very well and he's not been fired or anything like that. However, the pro Israel forces can move in at any time. He successfully negotiated that ceasefire. Ryan, it actually looks like phase two. I wouldn't say it was likely, it was possible, let's say within the realm twenty percent, thirty percent. Well, they successfully killed that BB, and then they got Trump to this whole colonized God is a thing BB. Currently apparently behind the scenes, the Israelis are freaking out over these current deals. I would not put it past them any anything is still possible for them to derail these talks, to do something, you know, to try and elevate the more Adelson and other friendly elements of the administration. So for every one step that Steve wid Coff takes, they could always take five steps back.
Speaker 4: Wick Cooff is getting a little bit of defense. We can put up D four here.
Speaker 1: I sound like a maga thing.
Speaker 4: Laura Lumer came out and, you know, basically saying, look, wick Coff has gotten more done than any of these clown bureaucrats have in many years. And then Marco Rubio quote tweeted Laura Lumer and with the one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know, Elon also supported Steve woodk Coff, which is, you know, these are all good things at least for us right now.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like I did he lift a Lumor tweet? Because aren't they were beef?
Speaker 1: I think he replied to Lumer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elon was like Steve wood Coff is a is a great guy. I know this all sounds preposterous to say that, you know, Marco Rubio is quant to be dating a Laura lumer or, but it does show that there is confidence and they're trying.
Speaker 1: So she got a bunch of.
Speaker 4: People fired recently. Marco Rubio is like she did, I'm with her.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, You're right.
Speaker 3: And what we know from all of this is that the pro Israel lobby is currently out for blood. They've taken two massivels recently in the last week. Number one most important is this Iran negotiation. I would actually say the Douglas Murray thing is also a secondary one. That was their best advocate going forward on the biggest platform with an actual skeptic in a real debate.
Speaker 4: They dragged into Gaza, like if you're a Western journalist, you cannot get into Gaza. They put a fake press vest on him and then and allowed him to be escorted into Gaza where he sat down in like the chair where Sinwar was killed. So that's their guy. Yeah, that they put their champion on the field.
Speaker 3: They literally but that is their champion. And so you know, they've taken a huge hit in the propaganda war. They've taken a big hit here with the Trump administration. In some ways, Trump is the only person who could get away with this because he's simultaneously is like deporting these pro Palestinian students, uh, you know, and others, and so they're they're like beating their chest, going rabbit over that, but at the same time they're taking a massive foreign policy loss.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what. Oh I said that the two l's was Iron Deal and Douglas Murtin. Oh, those are the two.
Speaker 4: Just love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds funny, but I honestly don't think it is that has been watched by millions of people or listen to by a lot that Honestly, if you're an average person, you don't have that much exposure Israel Pala sign and you just clock in and that's what you get. I mean, think about it like that is the average Joe. That is probably as close as they're going to get to listening to a debate on the subject that I don't think it went that well for him.
Speaker 4: No, you would. You would come out of that with a deep contempt for contempt to people who have contempt for.
Speaker 3: You, yet they do have contempt for you. It's actually true. Yeah, oh my expertise and yeah, literally are in town. Yes, it's important to note just that on all fronts, there is there's a lot of confounding information around the Iran Deal and any potentials.
Speaker 1: Just don't forget that.
Speaker 3: While yes, I think all of this is working in the right direction, I absolutely want to commend the Trump administration for even attempting this something that Biden. Let's remember the Biden administration never even got to this point right here.
Speaker 1: Not even once.
Speaker 3: And in fact, what was Ryan wasn't the DNC platform Didn't it repudiate the Iran Deal in twenty twenty four if I'm recalling it, had there was some talk in the platform specifically about the overthrow or something of like they.
Speaker 4: Actually became more neil went, they went back, yeah direction, and then never, Yeah, they never made any serious effort to try to get back into the Iran deal. And yeah, yeah, here we are, and you put up d D five the final element here just to support my claim that I'm watch just place to go if you want to get early news day. So they were the first to report that the next would probably move to Europe. Subsequently, after this reporting, it's now been confirmed in Barack Revide was the first to confirm it that the next round of talks will be in Rome. One that I heard is that this will want that A piece of this is that it's shorter distance for Wiccough to travel. He's a busy man, so having it in Europe rather than constantly over somewhere in the Middle East makes it easier for the US negotiators, which is kind of silly on the way hand, but also suggests that they're pretty serious about like wanting this to happen pretty frequently so that he can come that he can so that he can come regularly to these talks and try to actually make progress and get this thing done, because it actually it does. It is different, and you know, you've done a lot of travel. Your week is much different if you go to Roman back then if you go to Oman and back.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. And by the way, in mind, if you're also trying to bring Sees the fire back to Gaza like, well, go ahead, No, I know, I was.
Speaker 3: Just going to say, I think this is all This is all good. We see development of more talks. Oman has always been a meeting point for the US and for Iran. The what is it the Sultan? I think there you want to They're like, yeah, no, we're not doing that. And why would you if you were the Ariots, I wouldn't want to fly to I wouldn't want to fly to the UA. Just broadly, I do think that the overall engagement here is good. You will all need to watch carefully. We can easily see a Bowler style sidelining. Wick Coff is on the tightest balancing beam that there is in all of US politics. The pro Israel lobby is gunning for him more than any other figure in the Trump administration, and they have successfully sidelined every single other person who has dared to even suggest negotiation. And of course they got their greatest victory in the ongoing continuing war with Gaza.
Speaker 1: So not a win yet. Things are currently in a good direction.
Speaker 4: But they could be derailed at any point right and still, the complete blockade of humanitarian goods going into Gaza has gone now from March second to it's now a fourteenth. You can only begin to imagine, like what it's like when you have two million people who have not been resupplied for six weeks and the level. There are rumors going around Gaza that the that the crossings would open today or tomorrow. Who knows if those rumors are true. Let's let's let's hope that they are. Meanwhile, you've got the bombing campaign ratcheting up. You have people in Jerusalem reporting that the bombing is getting so fierce in Gaza that you can even hear it in Jerusalem. They attacked the Alli hospital, which has not just important material residents for the people who were relying on that hospital. There's all these images of people in hospital beds, getting getting the beds, leaving the hospital with nowhere to go, just patients in hospital beds now out in the street. But importantly, this was the hospital that in twenty twenty three there was this giant international conversation about whether it was Israeli bombs or a misfired Palestinian Islamic Jahad explosive remember that had killed hundreds of people at the hospital. There was a resolution on the floor of the House that passed that censured Rashida Talib for not blaming Palastinian Islami Jahad for that attack, for daring to say that Israel had attacked that hospital. She was literally censured in the house for that. And now Israel has attacked the hospital, admitted that they attacked the hospital, claimed credit like a terror group goes hospital Christian hospital on Palm Sunday. Yes, they've claimed credit for it. And it's just kind of a blip.
Speaker 3: So the thing that Rashid tell their do you think they'll tell their congregation that either next tour of Jerusalem on an End Times tour.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're gonna. I don't think they're gonna hear that interesting. And now I think that, you know, there's efforts to get the word out to these Christian communities, and some do hear about it, and and I think it goes to your point that like the erosion of support for Israel is just yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean I made that group absolutely, and that's the thing.
Speaker 4: They're hard core Zionis to anybody else.
Speaker 3: And you know, the funny thing is the Israeli state cultivates the ship out of them because they think they're crazy. If you go over there and you talk to them, they're like, we can't even believe these idiots are so pro they think they think they're a joke. They're like cosmopolitan Israeli elites who think that these rapture evangelical apocalyptic people are genuinely nuts, like because they look at them the way that like New York City elites look at you know, evangelical Christians, and that's how they say. But they also recognize that they're deeply politically important, and that's why they support all of these like Pastor Hagey Kufi groups all across it. They know where their bread is buttered politically and the center of gravity. I do wonder, you know, for these tours, have you ever been in Israel?
Speaker 1: These people are everywhere.
Speaker 3: Like if you're if you're flying from America, guarantee you there's going to be a bunch of evangelicals on your flight going to see the Holy Land. But the thing is, though, with the proximity, especially when you're in Jerusalem, if you've ever been there, it's pretty close. You know, you can see Palestine literally your own eyes the wall. At a certain point, aren't you going to be able to hear some of the war and that going on. I genuinely wonder about that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, for sure, maybe it'll change some attitudes, I don't think.
Speaker 4: So let's move over to two major developments on the deportation front. On the two different wings of the kind of deportation. There's the there's the political wing, which is rounding up students and others who are critical of Israel and detaining them and deporting them. And then there's the case of the Venezuelans sent down to Boo Kelly's torture chamber down in El Salvador. So let's start with start with that one. So put up this first element. He on's the So the Trump administrator has now responded to this, uh, this judicial order from the Supreme Court that said the Trump administration had to quote facilitate the return of Abrego Garcia, which is kill Marrol Berger. This is the man that people hate when you call him a Maryland father, I don't I don't know what you want to call him, a construction worker who live in Maryland and.
Speaker 1: His president in the United States.
Speaker 3: He had a deportation hold on him, so he cannot be held sent to Salvador. It was sent to El Salvador. The administration admitted they act quote mistakenly sent him.
Speaker 4: To and then the administration fired the DOJ attorney who admitted that. And so now they are saying, and it's an it's an interesting argument that to grapple with because of the separation of powers question. So what they're saying is that he is now in the sovereign custody of Naya Bukelly and El Salvador, and that no judge can order an executive, the executive to make any engagement when it comes to foreign policy with any sovereign country, that that is the sole discretion of the executive. It raises, of course, extremely uncomfortable questions, what like just just to go to the like to take it to an absurd degree. If Trump picked up Soda Mayor and sent her to bu Kelly's prison and the Supreme Court was like, you cannot pick up a Supreme Court justice and send them to a prison in El Salvador. You need to facilitate her return, the Trump administration would make the same argument, Well, look doesn't matter how how they got there, you don't have the power to do that. I don't don't I don't like it's like this is.
Speaker 3: Currently being this is currently being litigated at the district cordgin No. Look, Brian, you're right, all right, and people it's probably important for people to hear me even say it. If you mistakenly deport somebody and then you house them in the custody of a foreign government, and you pay that foreign government to house that person, and then you claim that they're in the sovereign custody of that other country. Yeah, okay, yes, said the stress should not have deported him. So it's a little bit different than if he had been Let's say he had traveled to El Salvador by himself and the L. Salvador Is put him in prison and he's an L. Salvadorans citizen. Okay, whatever, right, not whatever, but for him, But what are you going to do about it? All right, pretty different story. Facilitate his return, as you said. They are saying, yeah, if the L. Salvadorians ever let him out, then sure we need to allow him back in the United States. That's basically the crux of their argument at the current districtort level. However, people should remember this does not just end right here. There will continue to work this way through the legal process for that definition of what facilitate means. And in fact I was speaking with the CA front court watchers and others on this, and they are specifically saying that this payment notion, that that is the crux of the art, that's really the Achilles heel. The reason legally why the administration needs to fight so hard on this is that if you release one person, you actually show and admit that it's not in the custody of solely of the El Salvatorian government, that it is in the United States government, and that leads to more court challenges ACLU challenge than others. Let's say, over that makeup artist, right who we had previously seen, and it opens the legal ground to.
Speaker 4: All of this question the soccer player we've talked about, that you talked about totally.
Speaker 3: It's very obvious that the administrator, Look, they are terrified of some I've used raised this of somebody coming back. I think most what they're terrified of is admitting that they did something wrong, because when you admit that you did something wrong, then I mean, look, there are a lot of people who still they don't know about any of this case, right and on in space. A lot of people who support massky board it whatever are looking at this and be like, yeah, okay, you know this makes sense or whatever worse to the worst, and they're taking the administration's word for it. The thing is now the administration, in the same way that they have on tariffs, is now showing this on immigration. So we previously saw that MS thirteen East Coast gang leader, right who was allegedly this horrible human trafficker drug you know, drug paraphernalia, et cetera. They're dropped, they got a gun, slapped him with a gun charge, and now they're just okay, we're gonna deport him. Tell Salvador fine. I mean, okay, you know guy had a gun illegally, definitely in crime. Why was the governor of Virginia there and the Secretary of Homeland Security. So what's happened is just a low level gang member and you know, this entire thing is made up. Same with a lot of the case here we've seen around the tattoos, et cetera. I mean again, you know, to be totally honest, like never in my wildest dream, so I think that anybody could ever be so stupid as to use the process currently right now, that's on me.
Speaker 1: So everyone gets dunk on me if they want to.
Speaker 3: But that's just you can see pretty clearly as more information has come out, not only in El Salvador, what let's continue this, what we're about to get to with the mock mood Khalil situation with this this woman who is now yet go ahead, you can set it up.
Speaker 1: This is an example of what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: And you know, just a resurrect again a Vietnam era term credibility gap. That was a term that became widespread during the Lennon Johnson administration where very similarly the American strusted with the government, that trusted the government about what they were saying around in this case immigration at that time about Vietnam. But the more lies got exposed, the more that the default assumption was you are lying to me now became baked into the America right.
Speaker 4: And just people who supported that general policy assumed there was some level of due diligence that's correcting being put into this and so that and it appears that there is very little so we can put up E two on the Streen. This is a big Washington Post scoop that came out last night where a memo leaked out of the State Department that said, Okay, you asked us to look into Rumesa os Turk, who is a tough graduate student, to see whether or not she had done anything that would that we could even remotely link to saying that she supported Hamas. And if you look at makmu Khalil, who was there's nothing out there where they have found there where he has said anything that would that could be construed as supporting Hamas. Like it's just it's just not out there yet. They're yet they're clinging to that because he participated in some of these protests where there there were some signs at the protests that could be construed in that direction, and so he was in the same vicinity. So that's got him, got him there, Okay, So that's their bar. That's how low their bar is. They couldn't even clear that bar for her. The only thing that we have publicly seen, uh, and that they've been able to dig up because they've got Canary Mission and all these other Zionis organizations who have enormous amount of resources to spend in betstigating these students. If they've if they tweeted anything in twenty ten or twenty eleven, and even in support of like a flotilla bringing aid into Gaza, like we would know this about Roumes Ozturk. They have an op ed on which she was one of four co authors, that was published in her student newspaper, that was in support of a student Senate resolution that passed. So like that means like the entire student Senate is supportive of Hamas if these claims are true. And if you read the actual op ed, there's a ton in it that Hamas would not agree with. Like it's it's not a remotely Hama supporting op ed. It's just it's talking about equality in Israel, and it's kind of critical of the way that Israel is conducting. It's it's genocide. I don't I don't even know if they use I don't even remember if they use the word genocide. And it's a very it's a very yeah. People go go go look up us Herk's op ed. So that's the one. So that's it turns out, according to the State Department, which which looked closely at her case, that's all. They had nothing else, and they told they said there is no evidence that we can provide to Marco Rubio to justify a claim that she is encouraging anti Semitism, by which they mean, you know, uh, significantly critical of Israel, or or that she is supportive of a terrorist organization. We don't. The goods are not there. That memo was in the custody of the State Department, produced by State Department officials, and they went and grabbed her off the streets of Summerville, Massachusetts. Anyway, you've seen that. I guarantee you that you've seen clips of yeah, yeah, this horrifying Somewhere You've got these like playing closed schoons pulling up in the SUVs and and and dragging her away. That was a pretty long time ago. Time kind of blends together here. She has not been deported like she is living in some deplorable conditions right now in immigration detention. And this is a person who, according to a State Department investigation, did nothing and I don't want to say wrong, because it's not actually wrong to criticize Israel, but they didn't do anything that even Marco Rubio's unconstitutional bar that he has set an unconstitutional according to federal Judge Mary Trump, like she didn't even do that, and currently she's deprived of her freedom. Currently is a political prisoner sitting behind bars in a detention center awaiting some sort of some sort of adjudication of this case that's been brought against.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy is even quote Tucks Friends of Israel says, we strongly oppose the co of the op ed that Oscar co authored, but restricting freedom of speech is flat out undemocratic and Unamerican. Freedom of speech in a democracy is sacred. It ensures that descent is heard and that people can express themselves. That's the tough Friends of Israel argument. They did say genocide. By the way, I just look at I mean, you can say whatever you want, okay, even.
Speaker 1: If whatever it's not a verboten word, right shall we? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, even looking at this entire case and the background within it, you would assume, again you can donekull me if you want. You would assume, let's say, if you were to deport somebody Ryan and you don't support this policy and neither do it. But we were to deport foreign students who participated anti Israel activism, where do we start?
Speaker 1: We start with people who committed a crime.
Speaker 3: Right, I would look at that Hamilton Hall thing, anybody who was charged with the crime. And this is again I don't don't support this policy, but that's where I would start. Who could argue against that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You could say, oh, it's not you know, it doesn't rise to the bar whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't really legally if you commit a crime and you're here on visa, you got dead to right, it wouldn't be surprising for people who it would.
Speaker 3: Not be surprising to people that's exactly right. But they start with Khalil for reason I think at this point we can only exclude well, yeah, they thought he was on a visa.
Speaker 1: They thought he was on a visa. There's number one.
Speaker 3: But two is also you start with somebody who, in a certain way is much more unimpeachable than you know, the Hamilton All person as just a signal of like, you shouldn't even be doing this right, And actually, I mean, I know people may get upset about this. Would I find the most objectionable is the government taking over the Columbia University Mental Eastern Studies Department at Harvard and getting is a United States citizens expelled from a university because of something that they said, I mean, these are citizens of the United States of America who played presumably good money to attend a private university and are then being expelled from that institution and having their education taken over by the government here specifically on behalf of a foreign government to teach what I mean, what are the terms now that are banned at Columbia University? Like what Middle Eastern studies? What national interests do we have here that Americans sufficiently you know bow down to the State of Israel in private university Ivy League education or or is it all a power play to show is like, hey, you should not be messing with I mean, really, this is like Bill Ackman and the Zionist you know, pro Israel lobbies, like this is their fever dream, This is their wet dream, like come to life. Is literally taking over the institutions which they see as theirs and making them sufficiently pro zero and making sure that there is no dissent there at all. And the fact that it's done on behalf of a foreign government is just honestly makes it for me ten times worse. You can even understand in the past Vietnam censorship or World War two or any of that. That's totally that is within the bounds not of acceptability, but of understanding about how a nation grappling with an internal crisis.
Speaker 1: But this is not even close to that.
Speaker 4: And we can't afford this right now. Meanwhile, foreign tourism is plummeting. The bar is the line is going straight down. It's like thirty down, thirty forty percent, but it's no sign of what the bottom could actually be. I saw somebody saying, well, it's only point four to two percent of GDP. It's like, bro, do you understand how bigo point four to two percent of GDP is. If you shave that off, that that could take you from GDP growth, if you're close to flat to recession territory. And it's not just that point four too. Yes, that's the direct result. But everybody who works in that industry, they pay rent. They some some send their kids to private school. You know, they go to the grocery store, they buy things. Now they're not paying their rent. Now the landlord is going to foreclose on that. Just like there's a ripple effects throughout the economy. So taking a half point of GDP and just saying no, thank you to it is huge. And that doesn't even count the foreign students who sull and we aren't argued about this before, but the foreign students spend billions and billions of dollars in this country propping up the economies of the neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: I've just said before I think it's a bad financing system while you're also relying on a mayor. I mean, for example, I think there was like forty five thousand graduate students who are foreign who were admitted to some of these But you might say, oh, okay, that's great, and it's like yeah, but they also a four percent acceptance rate. And part of the reason why a lot of these people do get admitted is because they pay full free. I think that's actively discriminatory against US citizens. I would be happy to reform it with you Ryan about But is this the solution? Yeah, I would say no, I don't think that this is the overall solution to this. So unfortunately, I mean, we are now in the clown show where what Khalil has been greenland for deportation.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen.
Speaker 4: It looks like we'll see. Yeah, So Friday, the Immigration Court judge ruled that he could be deported. He still has a habeas petition in front of the federal court. So his lawyers are very country. So he's his parents are His mother is from Algeria, so he has Algerian citizenship. He also was born in Syria, but he as a Palestinian refugee and a refugee camp, so he doesn't have Syrian citizenship And what does that even mean in this al Qaeda state right now? And so, but his lawyers who I talked to over the weekend said that they expect he would be deported to one of those two countries. But one of those two countries I have to accept him because and if they don't, now Algeria might in order to kind of save him from getting sent to Syria, because Syria might be more willing to do it because you know, sur round by al Qaeda, which is our gesus. We finance them, and they're they're willing to do whatever to try to get sanctions released throughwhere else. Then he would be at serious risk if he's in Syria, Whereas the Algerians might say, if he's getting to it, will take them and maybe we can protect it.
Speaker 3: It's so funny to think about that, that he would be at serious risk in Syria because what the administration and the Posigon US people are telling us is that he's some pro terrorist sympathizer. It's like, yeah, guys, those are actual terrorists. And anybody who's been powling around with Jews, Jewish students and pro peace and all that, they're not.
Speaker 4: So happy with you.
Speaker 1: There's actual terrorists. They look at you and they yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Yeah, there's that. Plus there's Israeli influenced in Syria. Yeah, so Algeria would be more would be more likely, But they're still fighting it and the Habeas case is still ongoing. Unless unless they just ignore it and say, you know, hey, screw you, we're just gonna shot, We're gonna ship him out, and then once he's out, there's nothing you can do about it. Yeah. Like that's like exactly what they're saying with Ambredo Garcia and we mentioned.
Speaker 3: At the top. All right, let's get to the next part here, which is about Josh Shapiro. So, as we guys said at the beginning, there was this terrible attack on Josh Shapiro, the Governor of Pennsylvania's mansion overnight where an arsonist set fire to the house while him and his family were sleeping there at two am. Now, initially there were initial reports out of this did not make it seem like it was that serious. But the photos that had come out of this are devastating. Let's go and put these up there on the screen. You can see here inside of the Governor's mansion where you know, I mean they're's burned, I mean completely too crisp, but basically went up in flames all the way to the roof. You can see there like the dining room formerly which was burned on several of the walls, wallpaper, the piano, et cetera suffering quite a bit of damage. That was a leftover sign where they had just finished passed over dinner at the Governor's mansions, had passover crafts, and you can see that it's charred there by a lot of smoke. So here's what we know so far about the suspect. Let's go put that up there on the screen please.
Speaker 1: From the ap.
Speaker 3: Suspect's name is A Cody Bomber, and Cody Bomber of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania now been arrested and charged with the attempted murder there in Arson on the Pennsylvania governor's mansion. He allegedly told allegedly told investigators that if he had been able to, he would have beat the governor with a hammer.
Speaker 1: I don't know a lot about the guy. You know, I don't want to say too much about his appearance.
Speaker 4: You can draw that he looks like a hipster.
Speaker 1: Draw conclusion from.
Speaker 3: What you will about being the light that you want to see in the world. Okay, I mean, look, let's all just remember this may not even.
Speaker 4: Be in the Mazza Molotov cocktail, like that's the lefty Yeah, I mean, right wingers will throw a Monotov locktail, but.
Speaker 1: Will see.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, as usual with these cases, like with the Paul Pelosi case, you know.
Speaker 4: They latch onto a politics, but ultimately they're mentally ill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, probably just schizophrenic crazy. And that's not an excuse. It's still scary what we're watching.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, in terms of trying to spin some grand political narrative, anybody who participates in something like this, they've lost it. Uh So, what we know from Cody right now is he was taken into custody, said he would have beaten Shapiro with a small sledgehammer if he'd been able to quote. Bomber had walked an hour from his home to the governor's residence. During the police interview, he admitted to harbor a hatred towards Shapiro, but did not explain why. Okay, Shapiro, his wife, his four children, two dogs, and another family were celebrating passed over at the residence and were awakened by state troopers pounding on their door about two am. They fled as firefighters extinguished the fire. Luckily nobody was injured. We don't know yet a whole.
Speaker 1: Lot about this.
Speaker 3: Authority said that Bomber is currently being transmitted transported to prison.
Speaker 1: Did not say either whether he had a lawyer currently.
Speaker 3: Like I said, he'd been listed to residence in Harrisburg as recently as twenty twenty two. But if he walked an hour to the Governor's mansion, so presumably within the Philadelphia area, right or Sorryburg?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait what am I thinking of? That's right now?
Speaker 3: He is in Heiresburg, right, this is where the government minister is so yeah, presumably then he's remaining in the Harrisburg area. I guess that's all we know right now, and still just I mean, it's just horrible to see not only that the damage, but just show you is much closer call than I think a lot of people initially thought. You know, it seems like e also was able to permeate. They were security perimeter and the fence, and.
Speaker 4: They said his security was like he was he was like evading security as they were like chasing him through. Wow, the mansion, I was able to.
Speaker 3: I mean, this reminds me of you remember when Obama was president and that guy leaped the fence and actually made it through the front door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made it pretty damn close. He made it decent far into the.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, yes, right, he did get in there. And people are finding his like social media posts and finding he's sharing like anarchist stuff. He has one joke on here where he says I'm a registered socialist. So I had gotten about twenty seven mail in ballots. It's funny joke because I got to vote for everyone twice and vote none of the above in person, plus casting a vote for my favorite Cardo.
Speaker 1: Let me know if there's any illuminati on there.
Speaker 3: That's always a fun that's always a fun classic schizophrenic.
Speaker 4: And he makes fun of Maga and oh really yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, well, look as again, not everything asked to be political doesn't. Maybe it's more just a garden variety insanity.
Speaker 1: Do what has happened?
Speaker 4: What you will?
Speaker 1: We do have some comments here from the governor. Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 5: We don't know the person's specific motive yet, but we do know a few truths. First, this type of violence is not okay. This kind of violence is becoming far too common in our society, and I don't give a damn if it's coming from one particular side or the other, directed it one particular party or another, or one particular person or another. It is not okay, and it has to stop. We have to be better than this. We have a responsibility to all be better.
Speaker 3: Possibly our next president there, Ryann, Governor Shapiro, don't know, as you said, we saw some of the images there of mister Cody Bomber, but that's all we really know right now. The guy's been charged tempted, you know, tumpted, homicide, arson, terrorism. I'm sure we'll fad, you know, we'll see more from the investigation.
Speaker 4: Etc.
Speaker 3: As you said, he'd written and said previously that he hated the governor, but did not say why.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe it could be a Matthew Crooks situation where we just never really find out very much about the guy.
Speaker 1: That's where things are. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: We do know more about him than we do about Matthew Crooks. Still an insane thing that happened in our history. But that's where things are. Obviously troubling, very very sad, and hopefully you know, the governor are pretty emotional there in his comments. But you know, glad everybody that survived and we'll see all right. Thank you guys so much for watching great bro show. Ryan always enjoy being with you. My friend christ will be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We will see you all then the batt