Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another episode of Brewer Territory Live from the West Coast. At least two thirds of us are it's myself, it's my co host, Corey Canabele. And no, that's not JP, it's Chad Patrick. Chad Patrick is joining us from Los Angeles. Chad, how's it going, How are you doing? Thanks for joining us. It's going well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just waking up, getting the coffee going and getting in the day started.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, coffee out there? You had some phills? Coffee yet?
Speaker 4: No, I have a man, all right, you gotta go the illy, all right, go get you some phills while you're out on the West coast. Man, Is that a Ducks Unlimited hat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have a friend that runs his own company. It's called Heats Outdoors up in on Washington Island in Wisconsin. And then he uh, he works for Ducks un Limited as well. He said, the boys and packages and stuff, and I passed out a bunch of hats.
Speaker 1: Sweet. Is that where the Barnaveld Wisconsin hats are coming from?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I don't. I don't. I like I seen like three guys wearing a barnavild Wisconsin hat. Yeah. No, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: I don't even hunt or anything like that. I of fish a little bit, but that's about it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask. I mean, you're an Indiana guy. You still go back home in the offseason Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just bought a house there and getting life started and got five acres and just gonna roll with it.
Speaker 5: And no hunting. Just man, that's a great deer hunting up there.
Speaker 2: Man, my brother in laws do that for me. I don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: You take the meat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's he That's the best kind of hunting right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I love it.
Speaker 5: That's why I bring my uncle hunting. He doesn't like to taste of deer. He just likes shooting.
Speaker 3: Them, even even in the off season.
Speaker 2: Like as far as I like the farm too.
Speaker 3: My cousins, their grandma owns a lot of property, and whether it's picking corn or you know, picking beans and stuff. I'm out there, you know, helping out when I can. So you know, it just depends on when the season ends.
Speaker 4: So yeah, beans, soybean, yeah, soybeans?
Speaker 1: Nice? Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: My grandparents in law, grandparents in laws, I guess grandparents in laws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're up in Iowa. They got farms up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sweet corn, and dude, I've got so much respect for that. I had no idea what goes into it. I mean all of that corn that you see, the sweet corn, you get one sweet corn?
Speaker 1: Per is it? Is it per stock stock? Yeah? Really it's worth it. Man.
Speaker 4: That sweet corn up there is so good.
Speaker 3: And my grandpa he runs a he runs his own garden and he has like two or three batches he plants. Uh it's like plants the first batch and then ten days later he'll plant a second batch, and then ten days later he plants a third one.
Speaker 2: I just had some of his first batch. It was pretty good. So all right, I'm looking forward to getting his second batch.
Speaker 1: When you're when you're done with baseball, do you think you would farm?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It definitely runs runs on my cousin's side, you know. He my one of my cousins is he sells seed and then also runs of farm and stuff. So uh, maybe at some point, I don't know, if I'm bored, you.
Speaker 1: Know, uh yeah, yeah, hey.
Speaker 2: Definitely it suits me, but it doesn't you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's anything that I would want to, you know, specialize by the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: And it's time consuming, and I mean, you know, luckily there's a lot of people out there that are providing for the world.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: So yeah, for sure, Hey, we appreciate.
Speaker 1: It all man.
Speaker 4: Plus student farming, especially in this day and age now with how expensive everything is. You got everything on five acres. You can have everything right there.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, right.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what most peaceful moment of my entire life is sitting attracted by yourself.
Speaker 1: A lot. I know that I don't have a track.
Speaker 5: I got a skits here and yeah that skits here.
Speaker 4: Man, I'll go out there and dude, I'll just sitting there for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like what do I want to move right now? I don't. I don't know. I got I got.
Speaker 4: Options, I got a lot of thoughts going on.
Speaker 1: It's it is.
Speaker 4: It's soothing, man, cow guy, Oh yeah, you got cattle.
Speaker 1: No, I hate these cows. Man. I don't have.
Speaker 4: Exempt property, but I got these clouds that I can't get.
Speaker 5: Off, and I don't want them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like my deer, so cows just tear everything up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kurt knows.
Speaker 1: It's it's a constant battle. Man.
Speaker 4: If you know anything about cows, there ain't anything they won't eat and tear up. Yeah, they away from them.
Speaker 6: Let's talk fathletics, shall we. They have apparel for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about it?
Speaker 1: Crats?
Speaker 7: Well, I have it on right now and I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep dealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt. My son sold one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 6: And if it gets a little bit chillier then it's layering season and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com, slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again. That's Fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 1: Well, I know nothing about farming, but a little bit about just a little bit about baseball, Chad, Let's let's get into some of that. I know you've been doing this transition to the bullpen for a while. We've I've talked to you about it. Feel like in May or whatever that was, that was tot topic. Now that you're you're fully in the bullpen, I I haven't asked you like, like, how has how has it been now that that like that's its set transition at least for the rest of the year. Like what do you see yourself moving forward? Do you think you're started moving forward? Do you like this bullpen? This role? Just just sort of take me through all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At first, you know, it was one of those things where we're just you know, we're rolling with whatever the team needed, you know, and you know, I was super pumped about it is a different opportunity for me to you know, find myself again, just confidence wise. I wasn't really having too much of that going on, and then went in the bullpen and figure some things out, and you know, my stuff plays up a little bit more out of the pen, don't really you know, as far as facing hitters, I don't see him, you know, three times, so.
Speaker 2: I think that helps me.
Speaker 3: But as far as you know, starting goes, I want to obviously get you know, stay that way and with that mentality, but understanding that this is my new role.
Speaker 4: I mean you haven't obviously you know when you first got transitioned over seeing what Murphy was doing was really keeping you not like starter, I guess length, but you still kept that length right, you were still coming in. You'd go three innings, four innings, and then you know, it was almost like it was a repetition. You know, then on your bullpen day you're still getting in going like what one inning to one on a third. So but now it looks like it's kind of tapered off a little bit. You're not getting those you know, three inning saves coming in, so now it's more of getting your back to backs in and it's looking like you know, when Hayter was there, when he first got called up, that's kind of how his role was, right, He'd go two innings, one an the next day day off and then back kind of back to that are you. You're getting more and more comfortable, I guess going back to backs.
Speaker 3: Now and yeah, like you said, just that build up, like I was built up and then we kind of ran into it into it in San Francisco where you know, I had that long inning prior it was my second up and we got through the long inning and then you know, I kind of blamed myself a little bit, uh probably mentally drained a little bit and wasn't hadn't done that. I think the last long I mean I had before that was in Arizona, and you know, so I ran into that issue on the next inning and you know, kind of imploded the team a little bit there. And so you know, just kind of understanding your body and you know this game's.
Speaker 1: Up here though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if you're using a lot of your brain and thinking and stuff, it becomes draining and you got to understand where your levels.
Speaker 1: Are at, of course, and we've talked about that mental side of it too. What have you learned? What have you done this year to kind of you know, take steps forward, find out like what the mental space that you need to be in as simple as just like not thinking and kind of how do you how do you actually this feels like that's easier said than done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I think as a starter, we do these meetings and go over the hitters, and I think I was letting that affect me. I was, you know, thinking about the name too much instead of thinking about you know who who's uh, you know, a rightier left instead of you know, you're thinking about a right or lefting instead of the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think I was doing a bad job of that. And now I've simplified everything.
Speaker 3: I don't think about it as much as far as you know who's in the box. It's a righty er lefty to me, and I'm coming at you with my best stuff. And that's just been a big key is just being able to pound the zone as good as I can. Ran into a problem yesterday, I couldn't throw a strike. Luckily enough got the double playing. You know, it'll still give us a chance. But you know, those are those are things you think about and you move on to the next day. Though.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the beauty of the bullpen man. You know, get over it because you're getting back in there tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Right. That's just that's how it is.
Speaker 4: And I know I'm sure for you sometimes like starting right, maybe you you might have a couple of innings, a couple of pitches where you wish you would have back starting Well, now you got to wait five days to really like get over that and get through it and get back into it. Now you got four days to really think about it. Which yeah, as a bullpen guy, it's you know, you can think about it after you're outing. But I see with you right now, I mean, obviously you're a guy that pounds the zone. You got your three fastballs and you got your slider, but again, you haven't you know, you haven't used.
Speaker 1: It as much.
Speaker 4: I feel like as when you were starting. You know it was there was moments where it looked like you were trying to go to it. But now, I mean, dude, it's that cutter right now is on another level.
Speaker 1: From what I'm seeing out of the bullpen with you, And.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, from my from my perspective, I love seeing I love seeing Chad Patrick out of the bullpen. Just just saying, and I know, obviously, you know you've been a start of your whole career Arizona, lynd and Nashville, and then now you know last year with the Brewers and now this year.
Speaker 5: But obviously it's starting.
Speaker 4: You know, can also give you those I don't know, I guess the will to start pounding the zone. And now I've seen some of the best starters come into the pen and they do exactly what you're doing now. So I think you got a great, great mentality for the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions about obviously some of your splits pitching in Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Is there is there any place like?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously you're splits at home this year versus away. It's not like two huge, But dude, it looks like you love pitching in Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I was telling you know when we had mc kohlers, he's setting never pitched in Milwaukee. I said, Dude, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 8: Anytime I'm on that mound, like that specific mound, it's like a jolt of electricity runs through my body and like I'll be throwing in the bullpen and.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, man, it doesn't feel good, and I get on that mound. It's like I feel like four.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just coming out like a little harder, and I'm like, where's that coming from?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean I'm throwing, you know, the hardest I've probably thrown in my career.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 3: And I give a lot of credit to our our guys in the weight room, Jason Meredith and jose Salas. They do a great job with everyone and making sure guys are getting in there getting their lifts in. And you know, we take the attention and focus it on certain things that you're gonna do on the mound with mechanical things, and I think that's helped a lot. And I give a lot of credit to my college coach because I didn't lift in college because see he exempted it for me, which is kind of funny. But yeah, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Milwaukee is it's a great, great place for me, and it feels like home.
Speaker 3: I'm super close to home, so I just I feel comfortable on them on there.
Speaker 1: I got I got a question for you about an outing at home, but we'll get to that right in one second. We'll take a quick break and we'll right back to get more from Chad.
Speaker 2: This is that time of year.
Speaker 6: Aj it is Baseball's time to shine, and it is see Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea Geek.
Speaker 9: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up, we have Yankees clubs coming up.
Speaker 1: Where's Yankees red sox? That means stuff.
Speaker 9: Again, there's some big moments that are come up here in the as the pena chases really heat up. Go to you can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 6: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at skeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: All right, Chad, let's go back in time to last October. You probably know what I'm getting. I don't know if I've ever talked to you about the Game five appearance where I'll be honest, I started rewriting my story in the sixth inning when I think what two guys were two guys on? Yeah, when you came in, I was like, well, this feels like about to go south. There weren't a ton of Cubs fans that, like, I mean not compared to the regular season. There were still Cubs fans there, but you could like feel the crowd was they were getting into it. Take me through that inning? And was that was that cutter? The back door cutter? The best pitch you've ever thrown? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What a game?
Speaker 3: I thought, sayah, you know, hit one in the gap there For a second, it wasn't really a good cutter to him, but you know, I thought it was a basement and I was like, damn, you know, and then Chario was was playing that way and which is great. So, uh, then we get to happen. I'd already I already played the scenario out. I already did it. You know, I'd already done it, and I knew I could do it again because I think I did it in Game three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so sounds right.
Speaker 3: So there was the same situation, and I knew that the sequence had to be a little different, and yeah, I threw it on the back side and.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, take it taking.
Speaker 3: I knew he was taking the whole way. I could see it like after I released it, that he was taking it.
Speaker 1: And uh, you just needed it, You just needed it to get there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was just a great moment, and you know, I was super fired up.
Speaker 1: And then you had to go back out though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, there's a lot of energy there.
Speaker 1: You know, there is something.
Speaker 2: There's something with me.
Speaker 3: There's something that there's like a dial in me sometimes and it's like a steam engine. Man, It's like or a teapot. You know, it's about to explode. Just I try to keep it mellow, you know, and calm, but there are times where I can show some emotion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially in that situation.
Speaker 4: Man, playoffs, you were electric right there in the NLDS and obviously got some time in the NLCS two against the Dodgers, and I mean, dude, it's it's not easy to pitch in those environments, man, and and you definitely performed. So I mean, look, it's obviously facing the Cubs all year.
Speaker 5: That is the rival for the Brewers.
Speaker 4: I know for me, you know, in the bullpen, I always had three guys in my mind, no matter who I was facing, what team, I was always facing Javier Baiaz, Rizzo, and Chris Bryant. Those are my three because I know I've faced them so many times. I knew how to pitch and all three of them were different types of pitches. You know, Rizzo's inside, Chris Bryant's inside, and so I feel like those three guys is really what like thrived me on every hitter that I faced.
Speaker 5: Do you have those you know now that you're.
Speaker 4: In the bullpen, right you try and say you're not looking at the name, You're just looking at righty, lefty right.
Speaker 1: It makes it a lot easier.
Speaker 4: Do you have those three guys in your mind that you know you're always gonna be successful against them, you.
Speaker 1: Know how to pitch them.
Speaker 5: Do you have Do you have any guys like that?
Speaker 1: I think it just depends on the series.
Speaker 3: I know that I'm like my role is like the bridge gat like I'm bridging it, yeah, you know, trying to get it and get it to you know, Ashby.
Speaker 2: Or you're able to gil with the score is staying the same.
Speaker 3: So I always like try to like, you know, it's probably gonna be a third time through, so it's probably gonna be on the two, three, four hitters if that's situation calls for it. And then I try to see the pockets and see who's on the bench. So, yeah, I'm studying my sheet out there. I'm looking at the card that we have, Yeah, and I'm watching how our.
Speaker 2: Pitchers are pitching to him.
Speaker 3: You know, I was like, how watching Bryce Wilson because we kind of have the same mixer of pitches, and I was just trying to see how he was pitching some of these riotings and lefties the night before.
Speaker 2: Against the Padres. And you know, those.
Speaker 3: Are things that we look at on the iPad too, which is nice to you know, watch some sequences down there and kind of figure out, you know, we're just swinging miss you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It feels like you face the top of I mean it makes sense in the division face the top of the Cardinals and the top of the Cubs orders a lot like app Bush Jordan Walker. Feels like those are kind of the guys that you're asked to face a lot and that's that's I mean, like that, that's the job. But that's not not an easy ask. Ye here coming and and face the best hitters on the other team the first time out of out of the bullpen. That doesn't seem like it would be an easy, easy ask.
Speaker 3: But I mean I just think, yeah, like Murph just trusted me to go out there and get those guys out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you do your study. Man.
Speaker 4: I think that's what the Brewers are starting to get a lot better at now over the years, is they're realizing it's not just all right, we need this guy to go, you know, Bridge, we need this guy to go the sixth, the seventh, the eighth, the ninth, whatever it's. You know, I'm noticing like the Dodgers obviously, you know, they're they've always been on the top, and they have their bullpen where it's they have these guys where here's these three guys you're probably gonna face really no matter what inning it is. When it might come up in the fifth, it might come up in the eighth, So just be ready for these three guys. And it almost seems like for you, right it's there's been times so you've been bridging. But look, there's gonna be a situation where these are your three guys that Murph's got you locked in for and you've had those eighth innings, you've had those the saves. You know, it's it's been it's been pretty elite to watch man.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you also about your saves.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I know you you started, you know everything, but you got that first three inning save, got some blinking on Minnesota.
Speaker 1: That was a foreig inning, one run, one run. The whole time.
Speaker 4: We were talking about like, dang, I'm pretty sure that was just his first saver right there. So did you get you get a shower or anything? They throw some beer?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everybody else is getting the beer ranch shed.
Speaker 3: Chad, they banned it, you know, they banned the ketchup and mustard I had. I was the last one last year to get the beans to ketch up and you know, vinegar and all that stuff, and they didn't want to have the cleanup no more. And then we were on the road and of course they know all these other rookies, you know, they get getting these nice, you know, warm beer showers, and then Chad he's getting everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, of course, I'm like withdrawing in this in this like caged laundry basket, and I'm just like, I did not want to go in here.
Speaker 1: Here we go again.
Speaker 3: It gives it gives the boys some excitement, yeah, you know, and that's what it's all about. So yeah, this team is really close together, and I like being, you know, the team. I call myself the team calm because I talked to everyone.
Speaker 1: Who I was gonna say, who's the who is the funniest or who who talks the most down there in the bullpen.
Speaker 3: In the bullpen, Abner Yeah, yeah, he's always talking, you know, whether it's in Spanish or English, he's talking to you, you know. Uh, him and him and Charlie go at it all the time. It's like Charlie's son, you know. Yeah, it's neat. It's neat to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys got a lot of talkers down there. Man, d l that guy can that guy can run it. But Gil, we know that guy likes to talk. You. You're a talker.
Speaker 4: Charlie is the talker to man, it's not to have the bullpen coach.
Speaker 1: That's the talking.
Speaker 4: He's bilingual, right, is he like fluent.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 2: Knows some Spanish.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty good. He's pretty good. He's pretty good.
Speaker 5: But he comes off it's like he is fluent. I mean he's he does yeah.
Speaker 1: And he and most importantly is like it's I feel like he knows how to give it. He knows how to give the shit in Spanish, which is really all you need. That's all you need on a baseball team. All right, let's take our last quick break. We'll come back with some more some more questions for Chad.
Speaker 6: Science experiment. For the one minute, we have to tell you about why we love quints electrolytes including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt, just opened it and to pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 9: I love quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free steavy a free keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 6: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com sa foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u I n CE dot com slash f ou l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quick dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 1: Shadow. We usually like to wrap it up with our player guests with light, lighthearted questions as well as I like to know a little bit more about guys backgrounds and college and stuff, and yours is obviously very unique going to Purdue Northwest, that's correct, right, yeah? Yeah? So what was your recruitment? Like, how did how did you end up there? I'm not not sure. A lot of guys get drafted out of there. Why did you stick around instead of, you know, maybe jump into a bigger d one And obviously I think, yeah, right, your number, your number got retired there, So what does that place mean to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? In high school, I was just you know, I played center field.
Speaker 3: You know, I was doing it all infield whatever, but you know, I really love liked pitching. And this recruiter is his name is Dave Waddell. He was recruiting UH school in South Bend, and then he switched the Pretty Northwest because it was closer to home.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He actually works in the mills with my dad.
Speaker 3: So, uh, he brought me in to throw in front of the coach there, Dave Griffin and Shane Prance was a pitching coach there who's now one of my good friends.
Speaker 2: So basically threw in front of front of him at a.
Speaker 3: Shop and then I made a video about you know, like a video on me pitching, and I posted it and then like a day later, I just decided that I was gonna go to Predue Northwest is it.
Speaker 2: Got a got a good offer, and I thought, why not? And then I went to school there for four years.
Speaker 3: The reason why I didn't leave is because I was I was playing and I was developing, and.
Speaker 2: You know, I got to go play summer ball for the.
Speaker 3: Northwest Indiana Oilmen, and then the following year went to Traverse City, Michigan.
Speaker 2: And played the North Woods League, and I did that two summers in a row.
Speaker 3: And then this Hunter Brown was in uh he's with the Astros. He was in my conference. He went to Wayne State. In one game we pitched against each other in our conference tournament. That's kind of where where I got some acknowledgment and from some scouts. And then the following years when I got all the scouts to come to our game.
Speaker 1: So I had.
Speaker 3: Some illegal offers that you know, they're like other coaches in Texan and but at the end of the day, that's not what it was about to me. It was about being loyal and faithful and trust trustworthy of where my feet were. And you know, I enjoyed my time there, enjoyed my teammates.
Speaker 2: It was it's a grindy place. You don't you don't have a locker room.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't even have an indoor facility, you have to like we rented out from the him.
Speaker 2: And Sports place there.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of one of those deals where you know, I love where I'm from and I just wanted to prove to myself that.
Speaker 2: No matter what happens, you give you your best foot.
Speaker 1: Forward and.
Speaker 2: I've always believed that I could make it this far.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's proof they're gonna find you to where you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Corey. Did you guys rent out of shed in Austin Facilities University of Texas. We didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't ran into sheds out man, they got they got plenty.
Speaker 1: But hey, I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Ask you to Obviously, you know you've been You've been pitching a lot of big league stadiums. Now, I'm sure you've had a lot of great big league moments, and I'm just gonna assume that one of your best big league moments is probably last year in the playoffs. But I wanted to ask you your favorite place to pitch other than Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Oh, I really I enjoyed Anaheim. Okay, I thought I thought. I didn't think the mom was too bad.
Speaker 1: I know, didn't like, Hey, let's get missed.
Speaker 2: Uh you know he he lands a lot longer than yeah and I do.
Speaker 3: But as far as everything there, I like, thoroughly enjoyed pitching there, and my cutter was really good. I don't know if there's some moisture here or whatnot, but usually on the West Coast, I.
Speaker 2: Get you know, some good movement on the cutter. So uh, I just enjoyed the background, like it's the background for me as far as you know that perception and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, what's your favorite road city.
Speaker 2: I went to?
Speaker 3: When we were in San Diego? I went on the USS Midway.
Speaker 1: All you guys did that? Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean Robert Casser did and you know, what a treat. What a treat you know, So I couldn't have done that. You know, we walked around in the he don't They're just saying that these guys don't leave there.
Speaker 2: The it's hot down there, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, those guys don't leave their stations or nothing like that. And it was just incredible to see, just asking a lot of questions on you know, how the steam engine worked and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But learned a lot a lot from that tour we did.
Speaker 1: The thing is huge, man, I walked past it on Tuesday. Massive. How'd you guys get that? Was that the brewers or did you guys?
Speaker 2: I think it's forty dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh just you just paid for the commission.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's awesome, yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, next time San Diego.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, man, San Diego is beautiful man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well beach right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was just about to say is I was talking to Mason.
Speaker 3: Miller and he loves it there and he's saying how he's over over by Cornado and he's like a half mile from the beach and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So said, it's a great, great vibe there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where a lot of the home players like to live in Cornado.
Speaker 5: And we got the hook up when I.
Speaker 1: Was with the Birds.
Speaker 5: We get to go do a tour the Navy Seal base.
Speaker 1: Right And next time you go to.
Speaker 4: San Diego, maybe if Miller's still there, talk to Miller, see if he's got any hook up over at the Navy Seal base man, because that the USS Midway is sweet. You know, you see obviously a lot of respect for them, but then you see what the Navy Seals are going through. To man, it's a it's a fun experience for sure. San Diego, San Diego.
Speaker 1: Top notch of road city. Weather's great, the food incredible, Dude, I had so many I don't know if you guys are are the players are on fish Taco Shrimp Taco watched the entire time. But let me tell you, I am. Yeah, and it's at the Seal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're still making them there, Dude.
Speaker 4: You think the food like in San Diego is good?
Speaker 1: But did in the clubhouse? Man? That chef is some of the best. Some of the best restaurants, right, Not that I would know, like, but some of the best restaurants is just a visiting clubhouse. Yeah, right, Like the cheese steaks in Philly. Have you had those, Chad? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I had to last year. I don't know how people eat seventeen of them?
Speaker 4: Who's man our bullpen capture when I was there?
Speaker 1: I think he's got the record, still had the record in.
Speaker 5: A four game series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible, incredible. They're good. But I can't eat that many.
Speaker 2: I can't be sick the next week.
Speaker 1: Will you eat a Dodger dog?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, I don't really get into all the fancy names.
Speaker 1: I'd probably stay away from the Dodger dog. Stay with dog like.
Speaker 2: I just like a plain dog man with cheese it.
Speaker 1: You know, are you say? Are you know you're not a Chicago dog guy? Then no, no, but you but you are? You are a big Hamm and Bears guy.
Speaker 2: That's where pretty Northwest is man. So I'm I.
Speaker 3: Got, I got my ticker requestion. So I'm on the wait list for the season tickets. So we'll see if I get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bears, big, Big Bears guy. Chat is anyone else who else on anyone else on the team of Bears guy now that Yeah? Yeah, well derb never was actually even though he was from Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He was up there supporting the Packers.
Speaker 1: Man yeah, baby back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Uh, that'll be uh, that'll be something if it truly happens. You know, I know Mayor McDermott there and uh he said, he says it's a done deal.
Speaker 2: So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I know you're excited about it. I don't know how many other people are, but I know for sure you are one of the Bears fans that is very excited. Yeah, the Bears coming basically to your hometown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean where they're going.
Speaker 1: My dad works.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a bunch of mills around there, right Super Color. He works right there.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's gonna be gonna be uh insane if that, you know, truly happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Chad. Well, Unfortunately, Jordan Love is gonna have to cook some things up there. Sorry to break it to you, but how it's how it's gonna have to be. But uh, on that note, Chad, thanks for your time. We'll see at the ballpark later today. Should be a fun series between you guys and the Dodgers. Obviously, there's you know, always always a lot on the line, even in the regular season, a lot of attention on these games when when you guys face off. So looking forward to some time at Dodger stad and thanks for joining us, and we'll see it. We'll see on them out there. Yeah, thanks right man, catch you later, and thanks for everyone for tuning in to this episode. Pro Territory Light subscribe and we'll catch you as we always do on the other side.
Speaker 3: M