Speaker 1: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that. Right, Hey, y'all's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura and Rosa and this is the latest with laurynl Rosa. This is your daily tag on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations.
Speaker 2: That shake the room.
Speaker 1: Baby checking in behind the scenes of the grind, which is where we get on in behind scenes of just kind of like the day to day's happening was not happening all of the things, y'all. Today was such a day at work. I'm feeling so unsure of myself. Oh, I just had to get that out. I recorded a video coming here and this, you know what's so crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: It's not sure I'm as sure of my capabilities. I think I'm trying to figure out like when missteps happened, I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Like what the root causes, Like what is it?
Speaker 1: What's happening within my mind and in my brain and are making me feel like I'm not owning my space to what it I should be. I think we talked a little bit about that, you know before a few days ago when we checked it behind the scenes of the ground, and that's just been like a constant thing for me this week and a little bit of last week as well too. I'd be so honest with y'all. I get on here and just like treat y'all like y'all are like my diary or something. So low riders don't ever say I don't give y'all nothing, because I'd be giving y'all all the inside scoop. But yeah, I think it's just I don't know, there's just been a I mean, there is an added pressure. Not really though, but I guess so ish. I think that's a self proclamation though, Like I think when things start to feel like they're at a pressure, they only are if you treat life or whatever the situation is like, there is added pressure. So I don't even want to give into that because that's not what I'm feeling. Maybe it's a it's not overwhelming.
Speaker 2: I don't know, y'all. Can you can't describe it, can't explain it. But I'm just off my pivot a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm aware though, as you guys see, because I'm telling you guys so trying to just hone in on what it is. One of the things that I did this week that I prioritize this week was organization. And I think organization didn't really matter as much when I was coming from a place where like, I don't know, it.
Speaker 2: Just not even that organization.
Speaker 1: It's not that it didn't matter, Organization just wasn't It's never been a priority for me. Like I've always thought it's cool. I'm good because I can operate in chaos. And I do think now that I am caring more about when I'm putting out into the world, how I'm putting it out with the conversations I'm having are because you know, I think when your name is on the line, there's just a lot more on the line.
Speaker 2: Organization is just like so much. It means so much to.
Speaker 1: Me because the more organized I am, I think, the better I'm able to understand the what, the why, and the relevancy behind anything I'm talking about. But also like even if I'm on an island strained it by myself, and I don't mean physically, I mean like just mentally, right, Like, if I'm on this island all alone and I have to debate my way out of anything, I always think about this, Like if I'm in a courtroom and I'm the only person that believes that this person is innocent in this courtroom, the only thing that is going to save me is factual information, but not just that, the organization of it and how it's presented. So I think that's one of the things behind the scenes of the grind that like I'm really trying to sharpen. I've never really been a person that has been the most organized. I think most leaders that are creators have a central organization because you're delegating and stuff like that. But I think there with more responsibility just comes heavy as the head that words the crown. Like the more responsible, the more responsibility requires a different level of you. So I don't know if maybe like that's what's happening, Like I'm being pushed to like this next level of like okay, delegate, Okay, open your mouth when things are not right, Okay the girl, Like I think that's where I'm being pushed to. So today has been like a tug of war for me, just like mentally, because it's a battle when.
Speaker 2: Like you naturally like eat, sleep.
Speaker 1: And breathe certain things and then things are not a hundred things are not moving out one hundred percent as if you do that, like, and that's what like freaks me out about this, this whole you know, feeling of.
Speaker 2: Like unsure of myself.
Speaker 1: I've never been a person that's ever been unsure about myself and unsure about myself in anything. So so it's two things. It's the fact that I'm not in a new space, Like it's not like I'm walking into a new career path and I'm having to figure out do I like it here? Why am I even here? How does my you know, skill set, my capability even progress me in the space that I am in? That is not it, because this is what I've been doing. I've in a new space physically, but this is the lane of things that I've been doing for some time. So I'm like, what the heck, Like what's happening? Like why is my ag game off?
Speaker 2: Like what is going on?
Speaker 1: And then secondly, it's you know, feeling unsure about yourself is just a very it's a very hard concept to grassom you've never been through that, But I try to. Like one of the things I told myself today was that I'm not giving that too much light, Like I'm gonna sit in the feeling of how I feel today, I'm gonna talk about it. I'm gonna get it out, and once I do that, you not getting much else from me on that whatsoever, because I think it's I feel like the feeling of being unsure lends to like the feeling of like faith. And for me, whenever I don't know what's about to happen in one of these like nightmare spots in life where you can't control what's going on, and like, you know, things just feel so heavy whatever. Not like workwise, but just like in life in general, Like whenever I'm in like a very crazy, weird space where like you really can't control much of anything.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I control.
Speaker 1: Is the amount of faith that I have in God to like just allow me to do what I naturally do in situations we talked the other day. If you missed that podcast episode, make sure you go back and listen to it. But in situations I always am trusting God that I will figure it out, and I do in situations where I've learned that it is not my job to figure things out. I can't solve everyone's issues. I can't be you know, like I can't be the crutch for everybody, like I just can't. I trust God, and I have faith in God to give me that like intuition of like no, Lauren is you gotta say no, No, Lauren, you gotta put your foot down. No Lauren is see something, say something, you know what I mean. So my faith is like unshaken. But I just need to apply that to all aspects of my life right now, Like and maybe that's it too, Like I haven't had a lot of time to just kind of like sit down in the spirit, like just really sit down have some conversations with God. I don't even think I need to have conversations with God. I think I need to be quiet and listen. So I think that's it. I think that, you know, that is kind of you know, this uncertainty and this feeling that I've been feeling. It's a very new feeling for me. I've never experienced this type of feeling in my life. But I'm also although I'm not in a new career field, I'm physically in a new space and I'm physically at a different point in my life, in different level of my life. So you know, maybe, hey, that's that's maybe that is what it is. Like maybe it's it's you know, it's not a it's not a new like I didn't wake up and go decide to become a freaking Dennist And I'm like, girl, what are you doing here? But things are different, Like, man, the podcast will be one in March.
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotta start planning something for that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to just have like a party to celebrate, Like I don't mind doing that like on like you know, but I want to do something that is like very impactful to celebrate the first year of the podcast because I feel like this podcast like it's literally like my baby, Like it's grown physically, like in its appearance.
Speaker 2: And its sound.
Speaker 1: It's grown and the thoughts and the conversations that we have here because I've gotten more comfortable just talking to you guys. But it's also just like really grown me just you know, being responsible for a podcast and a show and working with a team of people. It makes you like, really, this is what I'm talking about on the other entity of my life, Like I thought I had it all figure out as far as like you know, how this whole thing of like life and being an adult and grown up.
Speaker 2: This works is grown up. This's a word. No, grown up, this is not a word. But I thought I had it all figured out.
Speaker 1: And then you know, you enter new levels of your life and it's like, no, that this new level requires a different version of you. You cannot use the old version of yourself, the old corners that you were cutting.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't do it. You just can't.
Speaker 1: So I really want to make sure that one year is like, you know, a thing. But I say all that to say within this year, within the podcast about to be one years old, I think about just all of the things that we've been through here together on the podcast. That sounds weird because I'm sitting here talking to y'all and I can't see anybody. That still freaks me out, too, Like that still freaks me out that I can't see none of the low riders, but y'all can see and hear me. But I know y'all out there though, because we be talking on Twitter, we'll be talking on Instagram, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: When I se yall in person, we talk about the podcast. But yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: There's maybe it's a transition period and we've been through it together, so you guys know from the very beginning. But what I'm realizing as this podcast it's a year, and you know, this time has partaken. I think the biggest thing is new levels require like new versions of yourself.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what I'm walking into right now. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was fighting that a little bit and just thinking I can hindle everything and I got it, and I'm like, you know, I'm brown girl grinding like I got it. No, not at all, So readjusting some things, just you know, personally, but also professionally in the way.
Speaker 2: That I do, you know, things day to day.
Speaker 1: I think that's the reoccurring lesson that I've been getting over this last like five days. And maybe I just REALI that in talking it out, and that's why I be talking to y'all even though I can't see or hear you guys.
Speaker 2: You help me.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, let's get on into the latest. Enough about my problems that's getting to somebody else's. So NBA Young Boy sat down with Complex. He sat down with Jordan Roles. Now, I just want to say shout out to Jordan Rolls over a Complex because NBA Young Boy is.
Speaker 2: Not an easy interview okay.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean he's not an easy interview because like he was rude, He just doesn't really say much. And the little bit that you do get out of him, I think that there is I mean with any interview. I think of interviews like playing spades. There is like such a dance to the conversation between you and another person.
Speaker 2: It's really your dance when you do it with multiple people.
Speaker 1: So when it's like you and a team interviewing someone, but when it's just you in that person, the dance is a lot different. Because if I'm playing spades and I have a team member, my team member knows you know all right, follow suit, know what I'm cutting, You know what I'm saying, like you kind of know where to go. We watching the board, We know how to play together. But when you're interviewing somebody, y'all aren't prepping together. So that person, you know, it's not like it's a like a malicious battle in an interview whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And this interview didn't feel like that either. Jordan Roads is an amazing job, but.
Speaker 1: That person's coming from a whole different place in mental space, with a whole different objective than you are. So trying to figure out the best way to meet in the middle and have that conversation. Only a great to do it, and Jordan Rolls I've been watching him on Complex. I feel like Complex is doing a good job of building him as talent Speedy Mormon, who, like you know, is the face of Complex and has been for a long time. Is I feel like I was telling a friend this. I feel like Speedy is kind of like they're like, he's out of here.
Speaker 2: He's doing the bigger.
Speaker 1: Interviews, He's traveling for the interviews. You know, he has a lot going on, and the brand is smart to keep branding him and building three sixty with Speedy in the way that they are. But they're also really smart in getting a person like Jordan Rose who can be a little bit more readily available for all things, for all talent, is you know in New York a bit more it seems to Speedy. I don't know, it just seems like it because Speedy's all over doing his interviews. But you know, I'm sure because of the success of three sixty with Speedy on Complex, Complex has gotten the influx of people wanted to host conversations because Speedy's conversations are so great. Jordan Rolls is in that vein of things, and I think Complex was so smart about the branding in the way that they chose their talent to lean into. Because Jordan Rolls isn't three sixty, night and Day from Speedy. There are two very different people, two very different interview styles for sure. Another thing that I about what's smart with Complex, Jordan Rose is a lot younger, so you know, I think the things that he's able to care about or just a little bit different than you know, the conversations that Speedy or have it and you need both, Like Speedy's still young.
Speaker 2: I think how old to Speedy.
Speaker 1: If you guys don't know who I'm talking about, I'm like, I don't know what rock you live under because here at the Latest, like you got to know the people. But Speedy Mormon is a correspondent for Complex. He's been there for a very very long time. And to be honest with you, I feel like Speedy has built Complex's interview platform to become a space where artists like artists and talent you gotta go through Complex Like that is a It's like how you got to side at the Directorce Club. When you go to New York, you gotta talk to Complex when you're rolling something out, whether you're a music artist, you know, an actress, actor, whatever the case may be. Because Speedy's interviews have been they've done so well and they pick up so well for talent. So now Complex is developing, you know, this other talent.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if Jordan.
Speaker 1: Rolls was on the platform prior to but if he was, they're positioning him a lot better now. If he wasn't, don't even matter because he is killing it right now. I just wanted to show them that love because I watched their stuff a lot and it's really really good to watch. But I also just know how important it is the big up the people in the seats that are doing the work, especially the people that are on their grind and coming up because we all have days, Like I told you guys, I was feeling today and in these last like honestly, it's been since last week where you're not always on you know, a hundred, you're not always you know, averaging the best numbers from the court, but you're still doing a great job. So I want to make sure. I don't know if they ever will hear this, But if so, I want to be the one to tell you doing a great job. But getting into the interview, So NBA Young Boy sat down with Jordan Rose and oh my god, y'all like he barely talks. Okay, So I just want to give y'all an example of him barely talking.
Speaker 2: I want you guys to take a listen to to Jordan.
Speaker 1: Rolls asking NBA Young Boy about the massive tour, which is the Make America Slimican Tour that NBA Young Boy did very successful tour. We'll get into that, and the fact that Birdman was there, like every tour stop.
Speaker 2: I Birdman talked a lot about the tour. When he was at verses, he.
Speaker 1: Just kept yelling and kept me yelling and kept me yelling about this tour. But this is a perfect example of basically what the interaction for the most part was like in the interview. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: Birdman was also on the tour, like basically every stop. What was his role on the road with you? She's chilling.
Speaker 2: Being unk, being unk.
Speaker 3: You got like a favorite memory on the road with him every moment, every moment. Yeah, Yeah, that's somebody that's been with you since you were about sixteen? What does he mean to you?
Speaker 2: I think he should hake him. Didn't want to get some fresh and you.
Speaker 3: Want to take a look only if you promised that we could come back me maybe A handshake of a maybe is still a pretty solid handshake, would you agree. I'm gonna hold you to it the maybe.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I don't think NBA Young Boy mean any harm. He did say when they first came back in, like I'm not the best with words, and I was like, that's ironic, NBA Young Boy not the best with words? Like your music goes so crazy though, like how like okay, but you know, interview artist, an artist in an interview is different than an artist in the studio making music in a setting that is his own that he can own.
Speaker 2: I get it. But they got into some things.
Speaker 1: So they talked about this whole Michael Jackson NBA Young Boy comparison, because one of the things that gets thrown on NBA Young Boy is that he is the Michael Jackson of his generation because of how crazy his fans go for him, like his level of celebrity is insane. I thought his answer was actually very mature, like he won't say too many words, but I thought these words made a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: A sick a listen, I don't know nothing about Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: What yo, why be you got a song called Dirty Diana sampling Dirty Diana, But.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the star.
Speaker 3: I don't, okay, power because you was we wasn't like really alive at his peak when like women was like passing out.
Speaker 1: I feel like certain should be over exaggerated sometime, and you gotta think about it.
Speaker 2: They over exaggerate about me sometime. But how though, like how like that statement that you know Michael Jackson, that's like going too well?
Speaker 1: First of all, NBA, young boy, very on point. I mean, I don't know what it was like when Michael Jackson was alive.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I mean, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I was alive and I was aware of things when Michael Jackson was alive, but I was so young. I wasn't like the age I am now sitting in the seat I'm sitting in now.
Speaker 2: When did Michael Jackson die? Let's look this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Michael Jackson died in two thousand and nine. So on two thousand and nine, I was, I was in high school. I graduated from high school in twenty ten. He died June twenty fifth, two thousand and nine. Right, So, yes, I was in high school. That problem, that was my I was my junior year of high school. So it's like you, of course, you know Michael Jackson. You understand the celebrity of Michael Jackson, but I was. It wasn't like I was like attending Michael Jackson concerts or like paying enough attention to like really have felt the celebrity of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: So I think an NBA young boy is younger than me.
Speaker 1: NBA young boy, he has to be around Jordan Rose's age because Jordan Rose, Jordan Rose made a like a kind of like a comment about them being around the Saint MAT's. Yes, NBA young boy's twenty six years old. Okay, so if.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty four, NBA young boy, it's twenty six years old. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He I'm telling y'all, I've I've got a chance to like see it from the TV screen, and I don't even really fully understand the impact of Michael Jackson. Not that I don't understand it, but I just, you know, how like you have to see some things up close and personal to really.
Speaker 2: Like, oh shoot, I ain't get a chance to do that. So if I haven't gotten a chance to do that, NBA.
Speaker 1: Young Boy, it's he wasn't even like yo, he's twenty six years old. I think a lot of people in his position could have used a question like that in a moment like that to lean into the hype, because he knew it was gonna go viral. I mean, it's NBA Young Boy, It's gonna go viral regardless. But he could use that to lean into the hype, but he didn't. He answered it in a way that was like smart. And I think that people talk about NBA Young Boy as if he's this like because I mean they're you know, there's the cases and the charges and.
Speaker 2: The baby mamas, and you know, the drugs and like there's a lot of things that be going on over there allegedly, right.
Speaker 1: But I think people have conversations about NBA Young Boy as if he's like so unaware of what's happening outside of his bubble. And I think sometimes he does lean into that, and we're gonna get into a moment where he did that during this interview, But he's very well aware of culturally, his influence, his touch on his people and his fans, and just kind of where he sits in the hierarchy of like the greats because people put him literally next to Michael Jackson, which a lot of people take its to it. Now, let's okay, So I told you guys that there was a moment in this complex interview with NBA Young Boy in Jordan Roles where NBA Young Boy plays very like, y'all don't know what you're talking about. So Jordan Rose brings up the name of the tour, masa make America slime again. Obviously it's to play on Trump's maga make America great again. Now, this NBA Young Boy Tour was a huge success. It sold over five hundred thousand tickets. It grows over seventy five million dollars across across forty two to forty five sold out arena dates each day sold out, making it one of the highest grossing raptors within reports, indicating roughly around one point five million dollars per show. Okay, at a time where people are having issues selling tickets and getting people into seats, this man sold out forty two to forty five arenas. One point five million dollars a show. The music is streaming crazy, his numbers go crazy, and in this interview he said he still owns his masters. He know a little something, but he acted like he didn't though. When it came to Trump, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: What is that message make America Slim Again? Like what does that title mean to you? And then following them with Trump applying follow whatever? Trump applying yeah or what? And what way?
Speaker 2: Like in every way?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Trump pardoned, you got you off house arrest.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. What you need.
Speaker 3: Did you ever speak to him about like, did you ever.
Speaker 2: Have a right?
Speaker 3: Okay, but the album's named Make America Slim Again. The tours named make America slam Again.
Speaker 1: It was the name was like, it's just the voice whatever, Trump applying that's it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met Trump?
Speaker 2: Cause you like you got me thinking right now? Why dude?
Speaker 1: Like okay, So this is obviously him playing a little stupid.
Speaker 2: I can't confirm whether he's met Trump or not.
Speaker 1: I did reach out to the White House to see if that conversation had happened, because I don't know where else I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try and work it out another way as well too.
Speaker 1: But in twenty twenty four or NBA Young Boy was sentenced by a federal judge in Utah after he admitted to possessing weapons despite the fact that he was a convicted felon.
Speaker 2: So he reached this.
Speaker 1: Agreement that he would get that basically took care for state charges. So they resolved to state charges against them, and then it settled two sets of federal charges against them, one that carried a twenty three month sentence and then the other ordered five years of probation in a two hundred thousand dollars fine. And he was given a pardon on these charges, on these gun charges and was released and able to go home. The pardon even made it where his probation terms including like drug testing and all of that. We're out of here now. At the time, he released a statement thinking Trump. He says, I want to thank President Trump for granting me a pardon and giving me the opportunity to keep building as a man, as a father, and as an artist. But there's been no confirmation of like the meeting or anything like that since this time.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: President Trump gave NBA Young Boy another shot at not sitting behind bars, career, family, all the things right, all the things I noticed, all the things I get it. So I'm not knocking him for his answer. Let me back that up. I'm not knocking him for acknowledging well he didn't even acknowledge it. I'm not knocking him for obviously being grateful for Trump for doing that, which is, in my opinion whatever right. Politically, I don't know him. I don't know enough. We haven't heard enough, you know, politically to understand how NBA Young Young Boy would have arrived at being a Trump supporter if he had not gotten a party, not enough in recent not enough consistently. I think with some I mean Nicki Minaja the same way, I would have never thought that Nicki Minajo end up a Trump supporter. It makes sense with NBA Young Boy, though, because this man was literally parton. He was about to go to jail, was about to be behind bars, it was about to be you know, two years of sitting down solid and then another sitting down at home. Right, So I understand that.
Speaker 2: I just wish that.
Speaker 1: He wasn't pushing the whole mega regime thing because obviously NBA Young Boy is very influential and very impactful. He is like the leader of you, one of the leaders of youth culture, if not honestly, I'm saying NBA Young Boy is the leader of youth culture at this point. Youth culture is basically like the Puschreisty's. The youngin is like the people. Look, I'm thirty four years old. I gotta it's not me anymore, but like the thirty one in under like that, I would say, Indy, I mean, the kids love NBA Young Boy. Y'all remember seeing those tour videos and hearing the crowd and just seeing how crazy they were going. That man say jump, they say how high? So I think politically and again I haven't heard him speak much on politics or say this indefinitely, but I don't know if he understands where he's leading the people, especially like you know, I know that there are some music artists who, although you know, come from underserved communities and blah blah, all that stuff you know that goes along with it, still feel like or felt like President Trump was the answer. But if you look at things that have happened more recently, I don't understand why anyone would think that or push that, and I just don't know if NBA Young Boy, as smart as he is, I don't know if he understands how his blind loyalty ends people up longer term. And honestly, I mean maybe he does. Maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe we'll get that in another interview, but I would rather hear that, like, okay, like why push whatever Trump is pushing? Why yes, he pardoned you. I totally understand that, but like I mean, Fetti Wop was recently released and he wasn't pardoned, but the First Step Act, which you know, got through the under the Trump administration, is the reason why he was able to come home.
Speaker 2: But he's not out here.
Speaker 1: I want you to be magg again, baby, Yeah, I want you. You know, I'm not even saying that because I want nobody to clip that younger. What I'm saying though, all right now listen obviously at this point, if y'all can't tell, I am a converted NBA Young Boy fan, I never was against NBA Young Boy.
Speaker 2: I've always liked his music.
Speaker 1: I just think I wasn't really in tune with like the only thing I knew about him was the thing that hit the headlines and y'all know my end of it. Sometimes that's just the that's the cattiness of it all. That's the baby Mama drama. That's the you know, the arrests, the runner from the police, the all of that stuff. But his tour and watching each tour stop in the crowd. I didn't go to the tour, but just I wanted to go. That's how much watching the tour influence me. I wanted to go to the tour, just experience the energy of it in real life, but didn't end up making it. But he says that he's gonna go back on tour again. He's gonna his plans or to take it international hopefully. I stand in the fact that he's been able to do all this with feeling black ball by the industry, with also not having like a lot of like mainstream support, Like he's not played all over the radio, he's not sitting down for a bunch of interviews a lot of the times when the outlets are talking about him. It is the drama, but people love his music. It goes crazy. I'm all against people going against the regime. I don't support the MAGA stuff, but I mean I support get pay Young man get paid. You know what I'm saying. So yeah, but shout out to Complex for this interview. This was my breakdown of it. You guys want more episodes like this?
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 1: I enjoy talking through interviews with you guys because I think we really get a chance to dissect not only the conversation that is being talked about and like the headline of it all, but the actual real conversation, like the how is this impassing us?
Speaker 2: What does this really mean? That doesn't really mean anything, because sometimes these interviews would just be like this could have been a tweet. You need to see the inner newa. You know how you could that feeling. Sometimes it's your boss, like yo, this could have been an email. We didn't need a meeting. But I love it. Nonetheless, this is the Lady so loring the Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shape the room.
Speaker 2: I'm loring the Rosa.
Speaker 1: You guys could be anywhere with anybody talking about all of the things, but you choose me right here with me, my lowriders. I appreciate you, and I'll see you in my next episode.