Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, where we never designed bad concepts or bad plays. Here in the Chris Westling Podcast studio. Very excited to be joined as always on the preview show by Patrick Claibon and fresh from London, not feeling any jet lag. Doesn't even need makeup. It's Steve Wish he's back.
Speaker 2: I just did my own.
Speaker 1: Really, you put a little powder on yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm a little dusted up. That's that's nice. That's a vet move.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that. It's good to have you back, though, Steve. But you were saying you felt, you felt good, you felt fresh. You were there for a couple weeks over there. Any any takeaways?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, Line is one of the greatest cities in the world to talk about your Patriots.
Speaker 2: I got a good takeaway on them, Okay.
Speaker 3: I will say Tod Mayo was spot on with his assessment of the way his team is playing.
Speaker 2: But otherwise the weather was good. I mean everything was great, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you had your your lovely wife there and it was it was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Good seeing you, Patrick. You should have seen Rosie on the motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Did you see the picture? No, I didn't. Rosie got Rosie was riding shotgun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, motorcycle from the stadium to the Sky Sports studio.
Speaker 1: Weave in and out, you had their traffic.
Speaker 2: You had like the dudes show up.
Speaker 1: And he was like they had like an uber or a driver. Yeah for yeah, And they they brought me a little jacket. Someone said, I looked like I was like his like kept you know, boyfriend or something in the back, just standing just sitting there with my jacket and holding out of the handles.
Speaker 2: But uh, it's not a bad thing to be. I mean, you know, a to be quick in a hurry. He got there.
Speaker 1: So this this week's a little different were we we got our regular crew back, but we've also got like we're back in like week two, Week three. There's no buys, there's no doubleheader, there's no international game. We're just we're like raw dog in fourteen games on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're going for it. And yes, of course smallest the biggest spread this week.
Speaker 2: And we start with a game that we have not seen in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Jalen Hurts and the Philadelphia Eagles against Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals, who are a two point favorite.
Speaker 2: The over under forty eight.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a game on CBS with Ian Eagle and Charles Davis on the call.
Speaker 2: These two met and the College Football Playoffs to be final.
Speaker 4: Back in twenty nineteen, world that All World LSU team absolutely blew out Oklahoma. We haven't seen Joe against Jalen greg and now we get a chance to see it. Where the Cincinnati Bengals are almost five hundred on the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's such a big game in their season. They're at home. When you looked at this stretch of games, it was a bunch of winnable games for the Bengals and then this one was kind of the coin flip type of game. But if you can get it, you have the Raiders next week and you could suddenly be five and four before a monster game against Baltimore the rematch there, which it just sets up their whole season. It's interesting to me that this game was moved. This was actually the four to twenty five game, and we're talking Jalen Hurts and Joe Burrow, and it got moved a little disrespectful to these two guys, But it's it's because these teams have been a little inconsistent. Obviously, the Bengals were won in four a couple of weeks ago. Their offense is in a little bit of a slump now too, which I like. It's the type of time of the season, Steve, where you start wondering, like what streaks matter, because if you just looked at the last two weeks, if the last two weeks were actually weeks one and two, where you start to form these narratives, here's what we would be saying about these two teams. I don't know what's up with the Bengals offense this year, Like, you know, just like averaging under two three hundred yards, not throwing the ball well at scoring fourteen seventeen points last week. And how about that Eagles defense, Like they're getting tons of sacks, they're shutting teams down. So like narratives can change in a hurry. The Eagles defense playing well lately, the Bengals offense not. I don't know if I quite believe that, or do you believe what you saw the first month of the season.
Speaker 2: I believe I saw the first month of the season.
Speaker 3: However, I think the Bengals are starting to play the type of football they need to play to get back into the playoff mix. When you look at the AFC, like, okay, who's gonna be a wild card? Because you've got a handful of teams that look good. But I think the way the Bengals are playing, like see, they're not that great on offense, but they're not killing themselves, right, They're playing better on defense. But I don't I don't love this matchup because and Patrick and I were talking about this earlier. Their run defenses isn't great in the front seven they've been and Saquan is killing it right. Saquan has run the ball well. The Eagles identity now seems to be run first. You know, they're they're they're kind of figuring things out a little bit. But this, I mean, I think the two points is good here. To me, I'm really like, hmmm, I would probably favor the Bengals just because they're at home and that that quarterback, I mean.
Speaker 2: B is just right now. I think he's well, he's been good for almost the whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he's been the problem. I did want to ask Patrick, though, do you think Saquon Barkley will try as hard this week, though now that he's not going to it's you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's gonna be tough to summon that motivation in a guy who's traditionally a good football player when he's not playing against his former team. We are joking to anybody just joining us for the first time ever. You know, it's fun to discuss narratives and revenge games. So I think Saquon tries hard against a lot of people, which is a problem here for the Cincinnati Bengals, because I did want to see and Steve and I were talking about this earlier before we got started on the show. The Bengals the worst success rate run defense in the NFL, and so I was like, well, they are playing a little bit better now defensively. So I took out the first four weeks. If I take out the first four weeks, they're number two in terms of the worst. The Saints will be the worst, and they the second worst team in the NFL in terms of success rate against the run. And it's tough for me to come into this game seeing what Saquon did against the Giants, knowing the connection with AJ Brown and Jalen Hurts. It's a very difficult thing, and Nixonani's on the road, so he doesn't have any home fans to yell.
Speaker 1: That's a really interesting point because that doesn't go with my eye test, which is like, Okay, they get rankings back, they get bj Hill back, and they just okay, you have your players back, you look like a better defense. The eye test, to me is more worried about the Eagles offense in this matchup. That hurts. It's just been a weird season, and yeah, aj Brown comes back and is reminding me why he's right there in terms of first team all players. He can stay healthy like he is the offense, everything just goes to him and that's enough. He's just winning one on one matchups and maybe you can keep doing that, but that's a tough way to live. Hurts, holding the ball like an extra beat doesn't look totally comfortable. Like every week or two, it seems like the offense kind of changes and it's static. I do like some of the changes they made on defense. Cooper Dejean's playing well, Nolan Smith is playing well for them, So it's a fun matchup. I'm assigning myself this game early Sunday morning. Sorry, Patrick, you don't get this game.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh man, Well, okay, I like this game too, but I'm glad it will get the full analytical experience of the beautiful mind of one Greg Rosenthal. We had a beautiful game of football going on on Thursday night football.
Speaker 2: People sleep on Thursday night football a while back.
Speaker 4: And then the Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come out, and it's a calculator game. Points points, points, and here we are a few weeks later, Atlanta a two and a half point favorite on the road against Tampa Bay because Steve a couple devastating into was one of them, absolutely catastrophic to Chris Godwin, who's going to be done for the remainder of the season. Over under forty six out of the mean and g Reg on the call. Can Tampa survive without its two top tark.
Speaker 3: You know, this is interesting to me because Atlanta the last couple of weeks, I don't know what they are. I mean, they're not a great defensive team, so yes, Tampa's going to be without their top two wide receivers. But Atlanta's not great stop in the run. They're not extremely physical team. Up front.
Speaker 2: This could be a big Kate Otten game. Is my guy?
Speaker 1: He is I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 3: He's He's done good things for me, you know, And I want to call on Kate He's he's he makes it happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was. It's a tough that what it is.
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: He's not give me rides on motorcycles or anything.
Speaker 1: I heard. He's like, I'm not. I can't pretend that I've been breaking down his blocking, but he's getting some pop as like a nice blocker in the Running game too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but just Atlanta just played so bad. I mean, they just slept walk against Seattle. I think they'll come out. This is gonna be a tough game. Two point five. He is the right number. I want to go Atlanta in this one. But there, man, they're just kind of all over the place right now. They're really hard hard to pay.
Speaker 1: Liam Cohen's done a fantastic Yeah, there were guys open for Baker Mayfield to find. Baker Mayfield is unpredictable, mostly good, but then can just be terrible, make some terrible decisions, and you just wonder what it's going to be like without Godwin and Evans you got Jalen McMillan, who hasn't done a lot so far as a rookie. You've got Trey Palmer. This is really going to test their offense. That said, this is kind of the perfect matchup to start to try to do that. The Atlanta Falcons have six sacks this season. Aiden Hutchinson had that in like one game. I mean, they are blitzing at the tenth highest rate and yet they have the worst pressure percentage in the entire league. The Matthew Judon trade I hit on this on our last show, has not worked out. He kind of looks done.
Speaker 2: He can set the edge, he.
Speaker 1: Kind of looks done as a pass rusher though, and so like, I actually think that the scheme and the structure and the offensive line, especially for the Bucks, has really been playing well that they're still going to be able to score a bunch of points. This is a really big game actually in determining who's going to win this division. I hate that this game is so soon right after the other one. I know it's tough putting together to schedule, but these are the two biggest games in the NFC South all season, these two games, and they're done for the year now, like Atlanta could be in a really great spot if they win this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this has been where the Atlanta kind of wasted a rushing game last week against the Seattle Seahawks where you leave in the first half and Tyler Algiers over nine yards of carry. Bijon is over seven yards of Carrie in that game against the Seahawks, but the defense really couldn't do anything, and a lot of it was because Gino was playing at maximum Geno maxim geen and if you cannot get pressure on Geno Smith with a full contingent, as DK had that touchdown late in the second half, late in the end of the first half where Geno fires an absolute rifle, if you can get a look at the reverse angle on that one, go ahead and find it because it was a missile. It's just it's difficult to imagine Jalen McMillan, late stage sterling Shepherd for the Buccaneers having that type of performance. Know again, MVP Baker, maybe maybe that's died down a little bit much to your.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was, I was tweeting at you while he was like just self imploding in the middle of that game.
Speaker 4: But those are things that come with pressure, and the Ravens defense summoned some of that. It's just it's rough for the Buccaneers. And I'll hop on a quick, quick soap box because we're morning. Chris Godwin's lost for the rest of the season. But you can compliment a wide receiver without insulting the entire position group. I'm so sick of somebody saying, well, Chris Godwin's not a diva, like a shut up, cut that out, please. I'm like, anytime, like a Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones, or anytime any of these guys come up, we have to demean the entire position group with this gendered insult.
Speaker 2: That's so stupid and backwards.
Speaker 4: And I know anybody says that isn't going to listen to anything I say because it's a particular type of person. But shut up. I'm sick of it. Just give a guy a compliment, no backhanded compliments.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I can't improve on that. I mean, that is absolutely fantastic. Hot Glendon is gonna get that treatment at.
Speaker 2: Some point the time. It's gonna happen all the time, just like one day I'll be dead and.
Speaker 4: Somebody's gonna be like, well, I didn't agree with everything he said, but shut up. Just don't say anything about put me in the ground. Keep my name out your mouth. Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's a great it's a great lesson as as an adult. Don't don't slide in the little backhanded thing before we move on for this game. That was just tough to move off of that. Kirk Cousins can't move and I just keep wanting a camera that home. He like can't move, he's not moving. I think it's amazing how productive they are. I actually give Kirk a lot of credit. He's a one of the most underrated natural throwers of the ball over the last twenty years. Just a really like he can spin it and they're scheming around it, and the run game is still somehow working even though he can't move. But he really can't move. So I kind of like the Bucks as a home home underdog. I don't know why I've been so down on this Falconcy and the Bucks defense has tons of issues too, so I don't feel great. I don't feel very confident, but I kind of like the Bucks. Actually, to surprise some people telling you, Kate Otten, let's go. The Kate Otten game last week was too.
Speaker 2: I noticed she kept his name out of It's your mother.
Speaker 1: No, no, keep him there. I mean, Chris Godwin is the one that got hurt, but Kate Atton was the guy during that whole eight minutes. Because I was screaming during the whole eight minutes. So it's forty one to eighteen. I was like, why are they out there? Kate Atton took about five different shots to his neck and his back and his head, and he just kept getting up and getting those fantasy points.
Speaker 4: So that's what that's what Kate Oughten does. He goes to work for Steve's fantasy football team, a game we were looking forward to for weeks and now we have to keep an eye on the injury report because it is the number one overall pick and Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears two and a half point favorites. At the Washington Commanders where we are waiting news on the rib of Jade and Daniels, dan Quinn said the practice field is the next step for him. We want to make sure he can fully express himself and do all the things he does on the field and be quote fully turned up shout out to Derek yeah for saying that a v either Mark I did.
Speaker 1: He is definitely the uh the Steve BISHEMI why am I blanking on? You know, the saved by the ballist. Hello fellow Hello, fellow kids. Satan turns up. Sorry, I'm like, hello, fellow kids. Trying to come up with that.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think d Q is is legit. But the question is, Steve, do we feel confident if they have to play Markus Marito who played goods or well, excuse me good Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't feel confident if they got to go with Marcus now.
Speaker 1: Put up forty. Okay, it was against the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, look, the Bears defense is legit. We saw them, Greg, we saw them against Jacksonville. You know, to take take apart a very bamboozled Jaguars team over in London. But the defense, the up front, I mean, they can pursue. You talk about hunters at the first the first two levels of that defense. They have guys who can really get after it. They you know, they're they're good. They they allow for good coverage. They're schemed up well by eber Flus. I mean look, Washington, I love the fact that Brian Robinson's workhorse. I mean he can he can run the football, and I think they're going to keep on drilling it and drilling it to keep the ball out of Marcus's hands. The one reason why I like Chicago in this game, I think they're starting to find their stride offensively when the last two games they've played, when they go up tempo or no huddle, that's what clearly when Caleb feels himself. You saw that again, we saw over in London. We saw that the week before when they went no huddle up Temple. Look at this he's got all day. Oh let me just throw it to a wide open Cole Comet. It's you know, I just think they're really starting to figure out who and what they are.
Speaker 2: I spoke to one of their coaches before the game in London.
Speaker 3: He's like, I think we think we know what the kid likes, and part of that is the up tempo, and we saw we've seen him run at two games in a row. Now, Washington and dan Quinn won't be caught off guard about that by that. But I really like the way the Bears are playing.
Speaker 1: I am so disappointed. If Jaden Daniels doesn't playing this game, he might You mentioned Patrick everything dan Quinn said. Now, we don't know if that's him trying to make the Bears prepare for both options. He didn't practice on Wednesday, but you would think if you can get him back later in the week than he would play. So we just don't know. This was the game that replaced Bengals Eagles in this national spot, and it'd be really cool, sort of not a coming out party, but the first big time game for these two teams, with them like with solid winning records, they're both trying to get to the playoffs. When Washington is throwing the ball, it is the second most efficient passing attack in the NFL, Washington Commanders versus the second best pass defense Chicago Bears. So that's just strength on strength. You want to see that matchup. But to your point about Brian Robinson, it's better to just run at the Bears if you can. And so if it's Mariota or if it's Jayden Daniels, they're going to really try to get that running game going because I think that's just the safer way to play against Chicago. They're just so good in the secondary, so good that it's tough to earn a living passing against them all game.
Speaker 4: And you have to think are coming off the buy, they'll be a little healthier as well. I know they were dealing with some injuries on the back end, and understandably this Commander's defense. Statistically things have looked a little bit better, but the personnel hasn't necessarily changed, right, so how much do we really believe in improvements over there on that side? Going up as a good offense that looks it looks a lot better right now, It's it's tough.
Speaker 3: I will I will say this though the Commander's up front, those inside linebackers Bobby Wagner and Frankie Luvu are spectacular. I mean they are playing elite level football. So again, you know, I don't know if Chicago's run the ball look like they have the past two games, but if Jayde and Daniels does play, I think that this makes it more interesting because you can even even though Marcus can bounce it outside the pocket, he's he's not Jayden. I don't think he's you know, he's definitely not the deep ball thrower throw where Jayden Daniels is. I mean, he's a checkdown guy, but Jane Jayane plays is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: You know, he was a little more aggressive than than we've seen from old Marcus last week. Again, take a picture of that. But I know, okay, yeah, wow, I would think, you know, as as like a trustee of the Polynesian Hall of Fame, I would think you'd be a little more generous Marcus.
Speaker 3: There's tape Steve's football first.
Speaker 1: What we see enough of them? I mean, I love like, I love them. I remember the first time I've ever been to Hawaii. Marcus's pictures are all over the bank everywhere. He is like a hero to the Hawaiian people. And and you're just.
Speaker 2: Seen enough film. He's been replaced by He's been replaced by Tua. The pictures are Tony.
Speaker 1: Romo gets this game though.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: We need new quarterbacks to kind of make Tony Romo feel a little more alive. I think he's better in these sorts of games. He's sick of the Chiefs too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it gives us an idea because of course there's a lot of conversation. These guys are going to constantly be compared to one another and if Jayden plays, perhaps Tony Romo will contextualize what we're seeing on the field.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 4: That's what we need and we kind of, you know, get the voice intonation based on the grunts, the guttural feelings of one Tony Romo.
Speaker 2: Folks, you know what, Tom, it is. It's time for the Game of the Week preserved by Draft Games.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bills are a three point favorite at the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle, who went to Atlanta and put up a ton of points forty six and a half is the over under Kevin Burkhardt, and Tom Brady gets to see a couple of good quarterbacks in this one. Greg in Gino going up against this Bill's defense and the offense now has Amari Cooper about.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, I might have to take this game too. This is my super Bowl pick Buffalo to win the Super Bowl this year. And then, of course my Seahawks big trade today. Seattle sent Jerome Baker, who had been disappointing for the Seahawks to Tennessee for Ernest Jones, who you might remember just got traded to the Titans two months ago, and they also get a fourth round pick in the deal. The Titans do. So the Titans can look at it like, we got a couple months of Ernest Jones and we just upgraded our pick from a fifth to a fourth, and we have Jerome Baker on our team. Maybe he fits better.
Speaker 2: Didn't they get a sixth with Jones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they did a like all the nerds like me, like you just look at like the business that they did and you're like, well, that was a pretty good flip, Like they flipped Ernest Jones and they got a lot out of it. That said, Ernest Jones is the better player in this deal. And Seattle has major issues at the linebacker position that they believe Ernest Jones would be a good fit in helping them. And so I'm all for them being aggressive and trying to help a defense that I think has potential to be really good because the front we saw it against Atlanta, they just got dudes. Byron Murphy is a dude. He had some big time plays. Derek Hall is my kind of outside edge guy like a Jadavian Clowney, or when Marcus Davenport's good. Just there's just so strong.
Speaker 2: The four games Marcus played.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, yeah, they're just so strong I like having one of those guys going today, one of those guys boy mafia. Yet maybe you are feeling the jet lack because this is like this is like tired, salty weis. But okay, they needed some help at linebacker. They got some. I like the move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look this to me, I look at this. This is kind of an identity crossroads for both teams. You really have winning records, they haven't really haven't beaten any strong teams. Like the strong teams both have played have put it on them. You know Seattle, of course Atlanta if you want to consider them.
Speaker 2: A strong teams.
Speaker 1: That was their best game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the best game they played. So I think the winner of this kind of lets us know. Okay, this is another team to keep an eye on. We've been high on both of these teams, but again they're still working through things a little late in the season for a lot of these teams, and I think this is kind of a league wide.
Speaker 2: Ordeal.
Speaker 3: I like Seattle in this game. I like the way they played. I think Gino, the way he played and the way this offense game up to get one on one matchups against Atlanta, Like we're seeing right there.
Speaker 2: I think they can do that against the Bills.
Speaker 3: So as long as they can protect a little bit, I think Seattle has a real good shot to knock off Buffalo here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pressures are going to be the issue in this game. We've seen how Greg Russo as well as the rest of the pass rushers for Buffalo, Ed Oliver being a key aspect of that as well. You gotta get pressure on Gino otherwise, I think the secondary has so many spots where Gino can exploit it.
Speaker 2: We saw them really just relying on.
Speaker 4: The pass rush to deal with the Jets offensively because Garrett Wilson was getting open yes on every single play. And I've wondered about the athleticism back there in the secondary for the Bills all the time.
Speaker 2: But is Boye Mafe right? Is that enough?
Speaker 4: Can they get the pressure on Josh Allen because we've been waiting right for the good Josh Allen games and we've got a couple of them back to back. The first half was nuts against the Tennessee Titans, where you're looking up it's like, oh, Mason Rudolph is out playing Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Well, then the second half comes and all I gets wiped away.
Speaker 4: They score thirty four on answered points, and I just I'm gonna need to see it from both of these teams, which makes it a difficult game to pick because it's like what team, what team are we getting here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lean Bills because I do think that pass rush will get after Gino and DK Metcalf right now looks unlikely to play. And I think you said it, Patrick, that's where the Seahawks would have to win, would be in the secondary and DCAF he just changes the math for you, or they're just not nearly as scary without DK Metcalf. But Ken Walker is a really improved player. It's fun. I believe in both these teams. I think the Seahawks are gonna evolve as over the course of the season, and Mike McDonald will have that defense playing better towards the end of the year. And I already know what their offense is. I think it's good. And the Bills. The Bills are balanced. Don't sleep on the Bills. You're saying I'm not seeing more. I'm not seeing right there. I mean I should say the Ravens and the Chiefs are at one level and the Bills would be right now, right behind them.
Speaker 2: They're right there.
Speaker 3: But like Patrick said, you can't both these teams are like, Okay, let's take the mask off, right. Okay, they've beaten they've beaten the teams that they should be. Okay, they've played a cliche season so far, and Buffalo is a strong football team, well coach football team, and Amari Cooper is really going to help them, right, But let go to Seattle and win that ball game. And I think, you know, it's not like I don't believe, but I think this is something where Okay, now, let's start knocking off some quality football teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at Dalton Kincaid maybe in this game against some of those linebackers and maybe the safeties at safety. I've liked what I've seen out of Dalton, Ca and Cad. I like what I see out of the rest of this schedule. Let's take a quick break. Pay some bills back after this download the DraftKings Sportsbook app. Now use the Code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks, yeah, two hundred dollars in bonus bets only at Drafting Sports Book With Code Daily. The crown is yours back on NFL Daily. And yes, we've got cranky. Weiss here spicy Wis it's not spy spicy. You know who else was cranky this week talking to the media to a tongue of Ioloa. I've never seen that side of Tua.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is back, and he's back at the podium, and he's he's lashing out, not really to it, explaining his decision process with regards to the Guardian helmet and we'll see how things go. He's you know, he's done the judo everything else to dry.
Speaker 1: Not happy with some of the media and some of the media attention, which I get.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, look and people have been saying for weeks he shouldn't play, he shouldn't come back, he shouldn't do this.
Speaker 2: You know, He's probably like, it's it's my because you've.
Speaker 3: Heard himself, it's my choice, personal choice, personal choice, over and over. So when people were asking about his health, and players don't like talking about their health, especially if they fall into the injury prone category. So that might be why Tua was a little bit, you know, bucking up against some of those guys and right from to his point of view, one hundred percent of the players in the NFL have brains and skulls on the outside of those brains, and this is an issue that everybody has to deal with, and perhaps he will prefer it be a conversation not about to a tongue of bailoa, but maybe about the game as a whole.
Speaker 4: As we get to the Arizona Cardinals against the Miami Dolphins, who are three and a half point favorites, mainly because the gentleman that we were just discustling is finally bad for them. Arizona gets a win on Monday Night football against one of the best defenses in the NFL in Jim Harball's Los Angeles Chargers, Greg Jason Benetti and Mark Schlareth on the call a few weeks ago when he said this game state, now we've got stake on the call.
Speaker 2: How do you feel that's awesome? Well done.
Speaker 1: I'm into it because I do find the Cardinals a compelling weekly watch. Not sure what I'm getting out of them, but Kyler Murray is always fun. And then Tyreek Hill, I got to admit to a being so salty. Some reports that he looked very sharp at practice. Tyreek Hill is saying on Wednesday, where back Baby, strike up the f and band start me this week to his fantasy owners, you gotta put that on Fantasy Live. Like he's just saying to is all we need and he kind of makes me believe it. I don't know if it's fair to the backup quarteracks. How reliant this system is, that maybe it's not good that McDaniel's built it in such a way no one can come in and run the offense that they run, because that was not the Dolphins offense that we saw over the last month. They're not even doing the motions. They're not doing anything other than throwing the ball to John new Smith and running the ball pretty well. But that running game makes me think, man, this Cardinal's defense is so overmatched talent wise that I'm kind of buying what they're selling that maybe they just put up a thirty five point effort and we all feel better about the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, I don't think it's necessarily the backup quarterback are you know? This is where the GM is like, Okay, we're gonna come in and put it Snowpuntley in. You know, you have to be better prepared knowing that you've got a quarterback who's had the issues that he's had. I think two coming back does change things. I mean it's such an energy boost because people had life without Tua and it didn't work out well. I mean they haven't scored more than twenty points since what the week one victory, you know against Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Even that one they had like three a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that wasn't good. So I like Miami in this game. I think is just going to be a motivational boost all around. But I will say this about Arizona. James Connor is like every year when he is healthy, it's like, we do not give this guy enough love.
Speaker 2: He is a damaging player. He's a monster near the end zone.
Speaker 3: You know, this is one whereas exciting as a big play might be for Miami, they just got to keep the ball away a little bit from Arizona good here and having kind of this churn ball game with Connor.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the place where I've been having a success picking the Arizona Cardinals here in the past few weeks. Is the way that this defense has issues is giving up the big play. And here come Tyreek Hill and Jalen waddle Back with their quarterback with the opportunity to make some big plays against this Arizona Cardinals defense, where if they're in a game where you're trying to go three or four yards in a cloud of dust, like a Greg Roman team might be inclined to do, then they can have a little more success. And the Dolphins without Tua have the fewest completions of twenty or more are yards this season. I understand that they didn't start that well, but a lot of teams have slow starts. We celebrate Joe Burrow and the Bengals starts every single season.
Speaker 2: I think Tua can get it together against this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tyreek also said about his connection with to it was so beautiful. I cheese man on my face just felt so good. Y'all. Don't know what it does to me if I'm tired. Yeah, snep Huntley listening to this, that's not making you feel good, you know, to a personally. Yeah, what do you think this challenge and everything's been like for him?
Speaker 3: Well, well, look it's you know, it's like he said when we talked about his people, I've spoken to near him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He said, even that evening, you didn't see any signs, like any symptoms or whatever of the concussion.
Speaker 2: That he went through. It is a personal choice.
Speaker 3: Because people who play football right now, they get hurt, they bounce back right away. It's twenty or thirty or forty years down the line a lot of times when the things really don't show up. And I can tell you this, and I've spoken to Earl Campbell, we know how broken down the Hall of Fame running back is. He said he wouldn't trade a thing for the glory of playing football that brought him. I guarantee you about ninety nine point five percent of NFL players, no matter what they're going through, will tell you the same thing.
Speaker 1: The one thing you worry about that I thought watching his press conference was just that they just got to be careful because there's been other instances where like the Buffalo game a couple of years ago, he didn't really report his you know, they need to protect him from himself because he had a comment. The thing that worried the one comment in the press conference that I thought was objectable was just, well we should let he essentially said what players have said forever. It's like players should get to decide when they play, and he would like he was treating it like it was another injury like I, you know, I have the best feeling of when I should play or not, and so they just got to make sure to have an eagle eye there and save him, save him from himself. And I don't think he'll get hurt in this game. What go ahead to?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's this thing that Mike McCarthy told me years ago when he was the head coach of the Packers. It's the can you sleep at night rule if you're a coach or an organization and you have a player who gets hurt. And this is when Jermichael Finley had a significant neck injury, and he said, we can sleep at night when he's not on the field. If we put him back on the field, I don't know how well we would sleep. And that's the deciding factor. So if too were to get hurt again, that's what the Dolphins is. An organization, like you said, may have to step in and say okay.
Speaker 1: Jermichael Finley, in my mind, is famous for being the first player to force me to stand on an Apple box when I interviewed him, because that man was just so tall and they were like, sorry, bro, you really got to stand on this box there shout out to NBC Sports Network back in the day. I just wanted to mention Dennis Gardick, the pass rusher for the Cardinals, is out for the season, has a torn acl We did not know that at all on Monday night. Here are four different players that are out for the season from the Cardinals, which would not believe to have a really talented front to begin with. Dennis Gardeck bj Ojilari, who is going to be a breakout type of player, Justin Jones ballall Nichols, and their first round pick Darius Robinson hasn't played. So they remind me a little bit of the Patriots, where not the most talented team in the world to begin with, and they've really been devastated with injuries. So that's just unfortunate for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tough situation, especially on the road at Bamory this week, trying to get that figured out.
Speaker 2: Another team going on the road after getting a.
Speaker 4: Home win in the Winter Warning Game, the Green Bay Packers a four point favorite at the Jacksonville Jaguars, who got another win in London against the New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: Forty nine and a half.
Speaker 4: The over under Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma on the call Steve as the Boomer busts green Bay Packers offense with Jordan Love either scoring a touchdown or the tournament ballover.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do in Jacksonville this, Yeah, I'm surprised his number is only four. I mean, I think, I guess the folks who set this line really liked what they saw to Brian Thomas in the Jaguars offense, which they should. I mean, I think the offensive line played well against the Patriots. Tank Bigsby is their best running back, Travis Atn as a starter because you could do certain things in the past game. But their defense man you could scheme them up. You could scheme them up, and Matt Lafleur is one of the best players. Oh yeah, I just think Now here's one thing I'll here for jackson But the Foyer lucun comes back. The linebacker, they missed him right, there's a lot of communication issues on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: If he's back, he can fix that. That will help.
Speaker 3: But I just think, again, you can scheme up some things against this defense where Green Bay can put a lot of points on the board.
Speaker 1: We've got an injury update here, Travis Etn and Foy Lukhan both returned to practice in a limited fashion.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's a positive. They're They're going to be missing Cam Robinson likely, but they have a pretty good backup at left tackle in Walker Little. This is the first game so far that I've thought maybe survivor Yeah, here we're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because Okay, you saw the Jaguars week after week and Steve you were kind of a supporting actor Starr here in the Jaguars London trip. Because that first halftime interview with Doug Peterson.
Speaker 2: Well he was a little, a little unhappy. He was a little he was a much saltier than I've been.
Speaker 1: I heard someone say, I really want to credit who this was that don't worry about Yeah, don't worry about the Jaguars quitting on Doug. I think Doug might be quitty on the Jaguars. He looked so unhappy.
Speaker 2: Was a little little upset, but much.
Speaker 1: Happier after a great second quarter. That said defensively, yeah you said boom or bust. I hear you, Patrick, But man that in aggregate, it's booming. Business is booming for this Packers offense, good offensive line. Jacobs is great, the receivers are all popping. Jordan Love is the most confident quarterback on planet Earth. He believes he can make any throw and he does. So I feel pretty good against maybe the worst defense in the league right now in Dboa.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait to get to your page.
Speaker 1: Okay, just by the numbers, DVOA, you've been teasing this fourteenth in offense in the league, Jaguars thirty second in defense.
Speaker 2: What'r?
Speaker 4: And Jordan Love has a one hundred and fourteen point three passer rating when not blitz this season. So now he's going to Jacksonville, where the Jags have blitz at the lowest rate in the league. They in twenty twenty four, so things could go a different way. Also spotted at practice today and commented on by the head coach, Robert Salah was helping the offense of the Green Bay Packers today, giving them a defensive perspective, watching for Matt Lafleuring company. So Bob Saul was up there in Green Bay taking things in where things are getting better. Things are getting so good. Oh boy, you can have other coaches come in, you know. Jeff Hafley got the game ball.
Speaker 3: Im bout to say, I'm glad he's a confident Well he looks like he's gouts.
Speaker 1: Well, but they're doing it. I was thinking about that too, But they are, Lafleur says, it's on the offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Quote for now, it's the same thing that Kyle Shanahan is doing with the former head coach with the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Why am I Brandon Stale?
Speaker 2: I think he's doing the same thing he's doing.
Speaker 4: He's getting defensive perspective, a defensive genius, Brandon Staley.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, Belichick's done that too, where offense defensive guys switched spots sometimes very successful.
Speaker 2: Wes McDaniels is a former defensive.
Speaker 1: Right not why not? Why not bring Bobby Salad back in the building? Our friend Jordan rodrig who's loving your contributions today by pointing out Frankie Luvu and James Connor like two of her favorite players. She famously uncovered that they were called the Boys back in the day on her podcast that you are also on the play callers Robert Salah and Matt Laflair. So the boys reunited.
Speaker 4: Best man in his wedding by the way, just really okay, So I didn't know they were that tight that's been hanging out?
Speaker 1: Wait, did we decide on the survivor? I'm talking Packers.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: There are bigger spreads out there, but we're trying to be little spice.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I've made several mistakes picking the Jacksonville Jaguars in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: If you guys, all we gotta do is get to win. We don't even got to cover that that spread, but I think they will all right.
Speaker 2: A couple of teams that need wins.
Speaker 4: On Sunday Night Football, the Dallas Cowboys at the San Francisco forty nine ers or were four and a half point favorites. They just lost Brandon Ayuk for the season, Deebo Samuel just getting out of the hospital with a respiratory illness where he had fluid in his lungs.
Speaker 2: Over unders forty six and a half.
Speaker 4: Of course, Mike Turrico, Chris Collinsworth on the call, Greg the Cowboys coming off of buye, the owner, coach going at.
Speaker 2: It, media quotes, everything's great in Arlington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's start there. Because for the twenty years i've covered the NFL in some capacity, I've never heard a team owner say that his coach is designing bad plays and bad concepts publicly. Let's listen. Mike McCarthy was asked about that on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, I talked to Jerry all the time. You know, we've we've had time to go through the self scout, so I can't really I didn't see the comments specifically, so, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: We have bad honshepts in bad place. But I'll go back and check.
Speaker 5: But we want to be I mean, that's clearly and that ultimately is my responsibility, and I'm fully aware of that. But you know, we were very diligent.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mike McCarthy beautiful if you could watch on YouTube his face added to it, he's I gotta admit he is the right man for this job. It is tricky to be the Dallas Cowboys head coach and being that position, and the way he laughed that off. I'm sure he's maybe feeling a little differently inside, but I think actually that is the right way to handle it. Otherwise you'd go crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean sometimes sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying. And I think that's where he was right there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I mean when Jerry said that.
Speaker 3: When Jerry said that, look he's designing bad plays and that, I'm like, dude, this guy's been designing the same offense that's been winning you twelve games the past couple of years. Maybe that running back you couldn't afford Derek Henry, who you also said, wouldn't have had this type of success in Dallas. That's a self damnation. You can't say them, I agree with you. The funny thing, agree correctly, right, he wouldn't because this is a mess. This is a mess, So it would be much better to be I just want to put out it would be much better with yeah, because I mean the defense. Defenses have to actually, you know, concern themselves with a running game. Which is why I mean, look, Dallas, I think this is a Jordan Mason game all day. I think San Francisco's gonna be run football, you know, because their situation is George Kittle. Of course you're gonna give him some attention. So Kyle Shanahan will find some other ways. Maybe Ricky Piersoll gets going in the receiving game. But there's nothing about Dallas right now that just I mean, I know, Ceedee Lamb and dak But right now, I mean, this this stuff.
Speaker 2: Going on right here, it's not cute. It really isn't. You know. We know how Dallas has fared against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: They've been tough games, So maybe the four and a half is a bigger number than maybe I would welcome with this, But I just I just this stuff right here just is not good at this point in the season for this type of game. I like San Francisco, Yeah, with a maybe on Micah and a maybe on Tank Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Yes, in this game.
Speaker 4: And if you're a forty nine ter fan and you were concerned with the lack of red zone success against Kansas City, you come into this game where Dallas is giving up seventy four percent of the time if you make it to the red zone against the Dallas Cowboys, you're getting in the zing touch like you're giving up touchdowns. And they've given up the second most rushing touchdowns in the league right now. And that's with the early bye week. So like you would have think, you would have thought some teams would have come up and gotten closer to Dallas.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen this past week.
Speaker 4: They're just so poor against the run I guess the guy in Jordan Mason, who's got the second most yards and the second most carries in the league.
Speaker 2: It just feels like it feels like an easy one to decide. Greg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in terms of picking the winner, I'm not gonna pick against the forty nine ers. But this isn't the forty nine ers. Neither of these teams. They are having a good time, and it's partly because of expectations. The forty nine er has been so close to winning it all. There used to being one of the best teams. So when they have these sort of injuries and they're not as productive, it's it's a drag, and it's it's the same for the Cowboys. Think of how different these teams feel than they did going into the playoffs, for instance, a year ago. Because party's out there. We don't know if Devo's gonna be playing. I know he's got a tough man he's got and Jwon Jennings, we don't know if he's playing. Brandon Ayuk he was never like the full Ayuk this year, but this isn't the same offense. Everyone thinks McCaffrey's going to solve everything. He will help quite a bit. I don't want to discount that, right, but I they're not gonna be last year's forty nine ers offense. Just inserting Christian McCaffrey. Brock Purty you're so used to if you go to those EPA charts EPA plus CPOE and like brock Purty number one by far, brock Purty number one by far, even when he's not playing well, it's like now he's down there in the ten range, and it's just it's just another good offense. It's not the forty nine ers offense. So I want to believe in a world where Mike Zimmer has a future still coaching in the NFL. They had a bye week to maybe clean some things up, so maybe they'll be a little more sound. I actually tend to think this is going to be a very close game.
Speaker 2: It'll be a closer come down to.
Speaker 1: The wire, and I lean forty nine ers, but not by a ton.
Speaker 3: And I tell you the Niners defense, I mean, have you seen have you seen a game where you're like, man, they're back, Like no, they're just they're not up front.
Speaker 2: They're not killing it like they normally do.
Speaker 1: They have a couple outstanding players, but we've learned that that's not enough.
Speaker 4: Maybe you know, Far and the coordinator, because they can keep the best quarterback we've seen in twenty years from winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I don't know, that's a tough one. Leave that game.
Speaker 1: I mean they kept him to what like ten points in the first nine possessions or something like that. They played well enough.
Speaker 2: They had a third and seven to win the game.
Speaker 1: It was Kyle's offense anyway.
Speaker 4: Right, The Indianapolis Colts at the Houston Texans, who are a five point favorite. The over under forty six. Andrew Catalan Tiki Barber on the call as the Houston Texans had a loss in the closing moments against Green Bay, Indianapolis just in an absolute rock fight against Miami, gonna go win.
Speaker 2: A Last week, Steve and c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud talking Spicy on Little Spicy CJ CG on Wednesday says, Okay, we're gonna get our offensive line issues together. Media, keep that same energy that you've been giving us talking about how bad they suck.
Speaker 2: So I think there's a little attitude. Little Bobby Slowik's been good. Guys fired up.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, the one thing you know, you play Indiana Indianapolis. You know Gus Bradley, he wants his guys in front to win without a ton of blitzing. They play a lot of his own. I just think Houston's gonna is gonna get rolling right here. I think this is the their five point favorite. I like him in this game. I want TJ to b spicy. I want Joe Mixon. I think Joe Mixon can get some ground game here too. I think this is a really good opportunity. You know, we'll see what their defense, Houston defense can do, but it's gonna be tough sledding.
Speaker 1: For the for the Colts offensively, Yeah, the Texans defense matchup with the Colts offense is the mismatch in this game. And because the Texans offense has been a little disappointing, maybe the best they looked all year was actually that Week one game against the Colts, So maybe they'll be happy to see their their division rival in this game. But that Texans defense just better and better, very sound. They're they're bringing up guys like Neville Hewitt that yeah, and he'll just like step in and make a difference. They signed Devin White actually on Wednesday, so that's interesting, and I don't think he'll play for them right away. But if someone can get consistent playout of Devin White, I think it would be Demico Ryan. So that mismatch I think for the Colts, it's just hard to believe in them. We don't know if Jonathan Taylor is going to play this week. He makes such a difference for them. But I was thinking about this. I was looking at Anthony Richardson's numbers, and he's got some Joe Namath ass numbers, like some nineteen sixties AFL numbers, Joe cap number. Yeah, Joe Namath went to the Hall of Fame with these numbers. That's it would get you there back in the day. And what I mean by that is more interceptions than touchdowns under fifty percent completion, but like sixteen seventeen yards per completion, right eight yards per time. That's how they used to play back in the day in the AFL. So we're just we're bringing it back to a simpler time that people all enjoyed.
Speaker 4: And time will remind us as we look back to Week one and we think, like, well, Anthony Richardson played all right in Week one. Again, it's to Houston Texans. He was nine of nineteen. Albeit those nine completions went for two hundred and twelve yard. That's what I'm talking touchdowns, including the throw of the year Faden off his back foot to to Pierce for that touchdown there. I just it's hard to stop believing in what he can be because you see it in spots where he's making the right decisions with the ball, but the ball will just get away with them'll sale it high, it will go to the dirt, maybe it's feet, but I just prioritize Seve the ability to make that decision, which is the hard part for a lot of quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: He's getting that. It's everything else he has to put together.
Speaker 3: By the way, is pierced like the AFC's Rashid Shahid, because every time you see him, it is like a fifty yard completion downfield all to a more.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I cited this stat on Wednesday show of average place on the field after three seconds. You know how far the receivers are down the field. And Alec Pierce leads the NFL. He is the furthest down the field. It isn't a surprise like Reggie Wayne has been talking him up for years. It's like, I'm telling you, this guy is a burner, Berner burner that's gonna have success. But he said it's been more of a mental thing that he hasn't had the confidence at the pro level and now he does. This is a tough secondary though, to get it done. Yes, and if you miss a throw like they'll catch it. It seems like this Texans defense. All right, let's take another break and we're gonna wrap up this show after the break with some of the bigger points spreads of the week back on NFL Daily. And yes, they made a rule that Monday Night Football conflect now. Oh, but it's only late in the season because I have a feeling Patrick, if they saw the way this Giants team was playing and it was December, we would not be Giants Steelers on Monday Night for Bay.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, But because we are locked in at the moment, we will be subjected to Daniel Jones and the New York Giants on the road at the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are a six and.
Speaker 2: A half point favorite.
Speaker 4: After Russell Wilson was cooking the Jets, especially in the second half, the over under thirty six and a half.
Speaker 2: That's a number four.
Speaker 4: You pats a lot of confidence and points to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on the call. But it is Dimes on the road, which has meant something this year. Yeah, no, good, this is one of these games. I don't think it's gonna be an esthetic dandy. You know this is not an HGTV game right here.
Speaker 3: Look, you know I'm gonna get to Russell Wilson because I know he just looked fantastic.
Speaker 2: He was pushing the ball down the field.
Speaker 3: If Pittsburgh gets that out of him again, I think all of us gonna be like, okay, all right, Pittsburgh is in this to win this.
Speaker 2: We know that Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: But if Russell plays like this, with that type of connection that you're seeing right this, especially why he just drove the ball, I mean over and over. Some of them were pop flies, as we saw, but his receivers made the play. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what we're gonna get out of him, which is why I like that thirty six and a half over you.
Speaker 1: Know more Everyone's course round him and it was his receivers were play making some great for him, and he's given them a chance to which is which is important. He's not using the middle of the field at all that he never has and he's he's made it work. He probably will go to Canton one day with it. What do you think you see?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's there, But I mean these past couple of years, you're a vote.
Speaker 1: You're a voter, not a vote. I'm not a selected But you're on the show on NFL network.
Speaker 2: I am. Yeah. I don't think.
Speaker 1: How do I get on that show without you know, anyone coming off of that show. I want on that show. I think i'd be good.
Speaker 3: Well, Greg, you know, the numbers have been dwindling here, so uh, I don't get I think there's a good opportunity.
Speaker 1: That's that really into that stuff. Sorry, I've on air.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Because I think Russell Wilson's an interesting one. Won't be your first ballot, That's kind of That's kind of how I viewed. I felt different than Roethlisberger, for instance, just thinking of another Steeler.
Speaker 4: I felt like when the entire media apparatus turned on Russell Wilson for the past couple of years.
Speaker 2: I thought we were out. But you know, if things go right, specifically in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: No, I actually don't. Well, sure he could help his case if he has a nice run, but I my expectations are relatively low. I think what he did in Seattle has enough to have a pretty good case.
Speaker 2: I would I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, people like cataloging mundane interactions and discussions about high knees on the airplane, and it was just all it was all bad.
Speaker 1: It's like, were you a top five quarterback for an extended period of time, then you're probably a Hall of Famer. It depends how long it is, depends what else you did in this matchup. We'll see. The Giants defense can do some things. Yes, the Steelers offensive line has been better despite being a real mass unit. Are they coming together? Because the Giants are playing well up front. Azizo Jalari's playing well. You have Brian Burns. We'll see if he's healthy enough. Dexter Lawrence is a Defensive Player of the Year. Shout out to Drew Phillips, which is one of the players that Joe Shane drafted that that has worked out for him. He's playing pretty well, so I defensively, I think the Giants could give the Steelers a little problem and to your point, just muck it up and make it kind of an ugly field goal type of game.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jones targeting guys out wide at a career high rate right now, I'm looking for a positive dime stet of.
Speaker 3: Pouring him targeting versus completions. Patrick, you left that part up. Yeah, it's it's not.
Speaker 4: He's got, you know, three hundred and thirteen yards and three touchdowns and the EPA per targets point sixty four.
Speaker 2: When he's targeting a guy outline. Mylage. Neighbors helps that a fun to watchmen the league neighbors on.
Speaker 1: Not as fun last week. They were really double teaming. And we'll see if it's These are two of the teams that have cornerbacks that travel the most with receivers. So Joey Porter Junior maybe with neighbors. And then Deontay Banks, who will see if he gets benched a little bit. You gotta look on your face, Steve Wish No.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I liked the neighbors one, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were you. Deontay Banks footage where he just starts jogging off the field in the middle of a play when he had the angle to maybe get Jalen Hurts out last week. I've never seen this in my entire life. He just started jogging that way and his position coach sees him jogging that way and starts chewing him out and gesticulating and going crazy while the play is happening, and Hurts is just like running by him, and I was like, man, you maybe gotta gotta bench that dude at that moment, like if he's I don't know. It was a kind of a tough moment, and but he will be traveling most likely with George Pickens.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a tough situation sometimes when are looking over in the offense is doing next to nothing, and maybe maybe that that inspires little quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really miss Andrew Thomas, which is not a huge surprise, but they're the falloff to them. And then now you have to play the Steelers. That's that's bad news.
Speaker 4: The Steelers got to win a last week against the New York Jets, who are a seven point being on fraud Watch by this particular program from week one. They are taking on Greg's beloved New England Patriots and Drake May, who was the only thing Greg likes about the Patriots, the Overners forty one and a halfs Baroddos Adam Archiletta on the call and before Steve it gives us the entire rundown of everything that is wrong with New England.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, Greg, I.
Speaker 1: It's that seven point spread. I had not seen that. First of all, it's the beloved Boston Celtics. What a ring ceremony, that was, what a performance to open the season, and beloved Drake May. So yes, I worry for him that the coaching staff is not the right one for him on offense specifically, and that we're just wasting time with this staff, because he's the only thing that really matters about this this team right now, said, Okay, matchup against the Jets defense that really hasn't played well except when they played the Patriots. But I just want to hear Steve at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, first off, I disagree with you on the offensive coaching staff. I thought the week before when the Patriots played Alex van pelt in those in May's first start, I thought he's a very creative and a very kind of crafty game. I mean, now they were behind by twenty points, but I thought his play calls were good. Okay, My thing is this with New England, Dard Mayo is a truth teller. They I was on the sideline for their game against the Jaguars, and they were playing soft defensively. You know there they may tank Bigsby look like Bo Jackson. Nobody want, nobody wanted any parts of him, Like nobody rose up to the challenge that contact is a part of the sport. Guys were really sidestepping into olaying some tackles, and so I agree with him and the thing the Page's defense, like they got some guys back. I mean, I love their safeties. We know Christian den Zalees is a good player. You know, he's he's probably gonna travel with Garrett Wilson. Maybe he'll get some on Devata and he doesn't travel exclusively. But and the offense, their offensive line just beat up too badly. I mean, they've got injuries across the board. Romandre Stevenson to he have a running back, and Drake may Is. I think he's gonna be a good player. They've got to do some things to build around it. But he is a talented guy who sees the field, who can run. So the cupboard is is not completely bare. I mean there are a couple of canned items in there that you keep, it'll save.
Speaker 1: Was there anything being there though that you left there? Just thinking like this team is a messive specific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean defensively. I mean again, I was just kind of like, what, like, who is going to stand up and make a play? Because nobody opted to do that. So I think this is a game Mayos called him out. Okay, are they gonna get pissed about it or they gonna re it? Because challenge you guys manhood and Rod Mayo's got Look he's a former player who didn't sit out games.
Speaker 2: You know he enjoyed the contact. So we'll see if it works.
Speaker 3: Because if they don't believe in the coaching staff, like you don't believe in the offensive coaching staff, then guys aren't going to step up. But I think it because they're playing the Jets, they'll be better. I mean, I don't like the seven in this game. I don't like the Jets being favored by seven in this game. I think it's going to be a tighter game than this. I think the Jets win, but I don't like the seven here.
Speaker 1: The players have mostly or not, the players have had drive Mayo's back publicly. They said, well, he said that to us first, which is I actually it's funny, but it's also the way to do it, like, don't call him soft in the media. If you hadn't called him soft to their face, I guess he had already done that. They were like, oh, yeah, he go already called the soft. So there was actually a report in Boston on Wednesday that he won't even have his job. It's not credible at all, but it's just crazy that that's already being out there. I don't think that would be the case, but I do. I do worry on offense that they're just spinning their wheels, and every different receiver at different points have had little comments where they're just not happy about things, like kJ Osborne sort of laughed when they asked like if do you want to be traded and he's like, well, you know what do you think?
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, so we've got kJ.
Speaker 3: Martin Cooper, Defonte Adams d hop getting traded and we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Jayl Jalen polk Is is honk in every week and playing Tory. He said he has the best hands in the league. He's got like twelve drops and it's just a bad.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe kJ Osborne is looking at all the Jalen Naylor's success that he's thinking, no, look at how great things were in another situation, I don't.
Speaker 1: Although what the other teams like, lose their left tackle and they're like, oh, okay, the big focus this week is going to be fixing their right tackle and covering up for that one spot. I'm like, you got to think about the Patriots, who everyone at this point is a backup plan if he is and the first plan wasn't good to begin with, so they went from one of the worst offensive lines to the third or second stringers at like every position.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a tough way to live.
Speaker 4: It's a game where Aaron Rodgers is saying, you know, the way to make the Jets feel better would be to stop listening to the media play with joy. And on the other side, people in Boston are saying the drod Bales being mean. Maybe everybody will be nice and the results will will pan out on the football field, or people are gonna say whatever you got to go out there and play the game. I mean, what about the Patriots win this game?
Speaker 3: Though, it'll be so happy in New York Patriots knock off the Jets.
Speaker 1: It's true because Aaron Rodgers, like this week on mcaveee, tried to do the thing where hey, I got to be a better leader. He actually had some accountability where he says, I need to change my style leadership, want to bring the joy to the to the field or whatever. And our old friend Hawk who I used to do game debut with, was like.
Speaker 2: Doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Was like, bro, if you're coming up, it's too late for that. You can't be changing your leadership week seven, Like that's what you do in the offseason. If you're a leader, like you got to be consistent and have like a certain approach. You can't suddenly like be, oh, I'm happy, go lucky Aaron Rodgers in Week seven.
Speaker 4: I don't know, winning makes all that, it makes all that happen. But right now the Jets have the same record as the Raiders, the same record as the Giants. I mean, I'm being counterproductive here by expanding and spending more time on the Jets because we're having this conversation but like at a certain point the same record as the Jags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's that's who they are. That's who they are. That's why I'm saying, like the seven number is real big to me.
Speaker 1: I've thought that about other Patriots games, but you have gotten me more excited that if the Patriots somehow won this game, this really is their super Bowl. Just to be tied with the Jets at two and six and put them into tailspin. This is sneakily the biggest game of the Patriots season left because they don't have many winnable games like this and that would actually matter.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 4: Let's go to another team with the record as the New York Jets. The New Orleans Saints at two and five, led by Dennis Allen on the road, coming to SOFI Stadium, taking on the Chargers, who lost a heartbreaker on Monday night to the Arizona Cardinals. The Chargers a seven point favorite, a seven point favorite, they're not necessarily lighting up the scoreboard. Steve, how do you feel about the number.
Speaker 2: Seven for the Chargers? What are they averaging? Are they averaging twenty?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, we know the Saints have lost five in a row, we know it could be Spencer Ratler again starting a quarterback.
Speaker 2: But boy, I mean, I do like the Chargers in this game.
Speaker 3: They don't score a lot of points, but their defense is good, right, They're keeping teams, you know, from really lighting things up.
Speaker 2: The Saints.
Speaker 3: Their their offensive identity with and without Derek Carr has been all over the place.
Speaker 2: I don't like the seven number, but I do like the Chargers yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you just look at it, and the Saints have lost their last three games doing a little mass here by an average of twenty points sixty points total.
Speaker 6: Okay, so two team until they lost those two the Broncos, the Bucks and the Chiefs. You know, yeah, I mean they're not probably when you're when you're losing by twenty to the Broncos, all all bets are off. We'll see who plays in this game for the Saints. They they are coming off a long weekend. They signed Alvin Kamara to a contract extension. This organization is very predictable.
Speaker 3: It's like next year's coach, he's gonna love this is Steve Fires did all.
Speaker 1: That this This team is so predictable. Now, I don't want to discount that. I love this for Alvin Kamara. Seeing him in any other uniform would be disappointing. He didn't have any guaranteed money on his deal, and they guaranteed essentially two more years, and I think he's still running well. That said, I've just seen it too much with this franchise. I believe one hundred percent they just did this good pr in a bad spot that like they want every everyone's unhappy right now, Let's do something that's gonna make everyone happy.
Speaker 2: They wanted to keep away from Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe since the Cowboys are go after running backs to improve their team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, the vibes are down so horrendously when we look at Tennessee watching all of their former stars have success almost everywhere else, and yeah, we're gonna add DeAndre Hopkins that it will be a heartbreaker to see Alvin Kamara somewhere having success making a playoff run, considering how much he's meant to the folks.
Speaker 1: It's the defense, though, that's their problem, man, which is like, Wow, they're nineteenth in defensive efficiency right now. And I think Herbert's played his best two games of the year in a row and his arrow is pointed up the Saints defense have given up the most rushing yards over expected since Week three. They have the fourth worst pressure rate, So Herbert's actually faced a lot of pressure lately. But I think you can protect him in this game. And I don't know. I actually would take the Chargers even I would even take the point. You take the seven on this sure. I think the Saints are just hands off right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a bad situation.
Speaker 4: And I understand where because I went did the mask, So that's a scary proposition. It's seventeen points a game for the Chargers. Yeah, here this season where that their scoring?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you're starting to wonder.
Speaker 4: And again, there were some plays that could have been made on Monday Night by Chargers receivers that were ultimately not But here we are and yet another season where you've got a good quarterback for a team that's coached by a hardball with Greg Roman calling the plays and orchestrating the offense, and we're wondering why they're not necessarily having the success that they could be outside and the investments and the talent on the outside are a little bit lackadaisical.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean that's what it is. I mean they have no explosive I mean they have a quarterbacks, but it's twenty twenty four like you have. Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Is good, but he also is always like he's playing through something, saying all that, like he gets hurt. It seems like every time he gets tackled, but then he's like fighting through it and gets up that I did want to point out the Saints are getting it's Carter a ton of people back. No, I'm not saying that. What does that mean the guy who acts like he got shot every I don't mean McConkie's acting like. I think he's playing through injuries because he's maybe not physical enough at the NFL level yet. And credit to him, he's playing pretty well. The Saints should get Taysom Hill, Chris o'lave, Caesar Ruiz, Lucas Patrick, and Pete Werner back helps. Those are five big time starters for them, so that's important. Maybe this seven is not too crazy.
Speaker 4: Maybe congratulations to Insanity on his induction, because I absolutely Herbert attempted quick passes at the highest rate in the league.
Speaker 2: By the way his teams are crowding the line of screp.
Speaker 1: I would say Novak Djokovic you know there's a guy who loved to accentuate his injuries. Let everyone know, but also you know one of the greatest of all times. Yes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Baltimore Ravens eight and a half point favorites at the Cleveland Browns over under his forty four and a half. Tom McCarthy, Ross Tucker and Jay Feely on the call as this will be Jamis Winston's starting greg with Ken Dorsey calling the plays as Kevin Sefanski has decided to step back from his play calling responsibilities and he gets to do it. Ken Dorsey does against the defense that's allowing a lot of success on the outside.
Speaker 2: Can they get it? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marlin Humphrey is questionable for this game coming off that knee injury. It sounds like it's not a long term issue, but could keep him out this week. And you mentioned their cornerbacks have struggled. I proposed they go ahead and acquire Marshawn Lattimore from the Saints. In my trades, we like to see, who knows, maybe in a couple of weeks. I don't know if the Saints would ever give up Winston this change that he's starting, because Dorian Thompson Robinson isn't healthy anyways, but reportedly it would have been Winston. I don't who knows, But now that Sefanski isn't calling the plays, it's yet another moment in this season in where I wonder who is making these decisions. It's unclear to me if it's Kevin Stefanski making these decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where that Kevin decided to step back and do this. It's kind of like, okay, you know, let's we trade away on Marii Cooper. We really don't have, you know, a ton of threats to Nick Chubb is back. I'll tell you this, Jamis is going to push the ball down the field. We know that about Jamis, and we know the secondary has been real hot and cold. They put their linebackers, the Ravens to put their linebackers and some stressful coverage situations. I just don't think the Browns have the targets to really stress those guys out that much. You know, eight and a half to me is a big number for division game. You know, Baltimore could easily do it. It could get ugly, but I just think a division game act Cleveland, Jamis is going to push the ball a little bit. I don't know if Baltimore is going to completely blow them out in this game, but they're going to win this game.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard to envision a Baltimore blowout the way that the defense has performed. Especially, Yeah, you go in, you expect right to look and see total failure on the defense, considering the points per game and the way things are going.
Speaker 2: Wow, but success rate rise in the run game. They are very good. They're very efficient, good players.
Speaker 1: You can just see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they show up and make plays.
Speaker 4: But again, this is a Cleveland Browns offense that has not scored more than twenty points the entire season. I know Jamis makes it better, but they still have problems that weren't all Watson related.
Speaker 2: But I think we get close to eight and a half points. But eight and a half is a lot.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it's I don't usually believe that prior results make a huge difference unless it's division opponents with the same coaches. In the last three years these two teams have split. There's actually been some one sided games for the Ravens and the Browns in either favor. That's been close games, but either way, it's been kind of a draw between these two teams. But that's why I don't get Sevanski not calling the plays. We've seen you call the plays with Joe Flacco and it worked great. We've seen you call it with Jacobe Brissett and it worked great. We've seen you call it with Baker Mayfield and that team offensively was ready to go to the Super Bowl. I thought, So that's curious to me. The one drive that Jamis had last week, I gotta say it was probably the most visually pleasing Cleveland Brown's drive of the season. Low bar, but very low, but it was one drive. I went back to watch it, and like you said, he was giving guys a chance to make plays and he did it. Cedric Tillman had some nice catches, and he's not afraid. He hasn't played much lately though. We have this idea of Jameis Winston, but he's only started three games in the last three years, so we just haven't seen him play a lot lately.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, Jamis might be one of most liked players in any locker room that he's in. His teammates like him, you know. Aaron Rodgers talked about bringing the joy to the locker room. Jamis does that, so we'll see. I mean I spoke to defensive coordinator this year whose team put it on the Browns, and he was like, we really thought they were gonna go to Jamis. And actually the way he pushes the ball down the field would have caused his problems back when Shawan Watch was healthy. So again, we'll see. That's a good point. He hasn't played in a long time. It's a little chaotic going on in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Well, and can they protect. I've never seen an offensive line and I don't know if this is Watson or the coaches or the line. It's probably all of them, and they just they can't pick up a blitz. We Candorsey's problem now week after week after week. It kind of was Ken Dorsey's problem though in Buffalo too. So the Ravens can certainly get creative. I did want to give you a Ravens stat. Okay, only four teams since nineteen ninety have averaged seven yards per play through the first seven weeks of the season. One of them is the twenty twenty four Ravens, So that is the level that they are at. I will see if you guys can guess any of the other three teams that average seven yards per play for the first seven games of the season since nineteen.
Speaker 2: Well, it was seventeen to one Patriots, I mean right now.
Speaker 4: No, surprisingly, No, the second year greatest show on turf rams had to be Yes, yeah, you got it?
Speaker 2: Is it ninety that's one.
Speaker 1: That's no, that's two thousand, two thousand. Good job, because that team was a wagon the year after they won the Super Bowl for a while until they had injuries on defense. Wow, and they weren't the twenty three Dolphins okay, last year's off and then the nineteen ninety two forty nine ers that.
Speaker 2: Meant okay, Stevia, So there.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how good they are. And I like reading like the Derek Henry coach just about how amazing it is to play with Lamar Jackson. They're just so happy together.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just knocking on wood, Okay, just it's always amazing. Everyone was really excited about when Lamar went blocking for Derek could.
Speaker 4: He should have scored on that play and also Zion McCollum with an insane chase down to get him on the other play. Yeah, kerck Henry could have had two seventy plus yard touchdowns, but he said his slow butt, so he's gonna he's gonna make sure he Yeah, he actually ran too fast because Tylan Wallace had the third fastest speed from that game and he couldn't catch up to Derek to throw the block against the calm to spring him. So he could have slowed down and got away with that though. So we go from a generationally good offense to the Carolina Panthers taking on the Denver Broncos on the road at Denver, and congratulations to Bryce Young. You were now the starter with Andy Dalton dealing with an injury. The Broncos favored by nine the over under his forty three and a half with Jason mccordy and Chris Lewis on the call, Steve, it's a rough spot for hey.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Bryce.
Speaker 4: Now you're back against the number one passing efficiency defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, hopefully Andy Dalton's okay. I know he's in the car accident with his family. I think he injured his hand in that accent. You know, first, it's like, who the hell of the Denver Bronco is going to beat by nine points. Well, anybody in the NFC South that they played. They won by nineteen over Tampa Bay and twenty three over New Orleans. So Sean Payton continues owning the division where he used to coach. Look, it's Caroline is just you know, it's a mess right now. You know, we'll see if Bryce, you know, could get anything done offensively.
Speaker 1: What a tough spot.
Speaker 3: He's in a terrible spot right now to come in and playing against a team that's playing great defense. I mean, the Broncos get after teams, and so Vance Joseph is gonna give him a million different looks. We'll see if he can stand up and bounce back. But I'm the nine does not seem completely out of reach to me.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, the best thing Sean Payton did was higher Vance Joseph, and he has brought a level of professionalism to the offensive line. They don't really make a ton of mistakes, they're pretty good on special teams. They're winning at the margins, so you got to give the head coach some credit for that. And Vance Joseph is dealing right now. Their third in defensive efficiency, they're twenty fourth in offense. Under Sean Payton. So the offense really hasn't gotten any better, but the defense keeps adding guys like Cody Barton was the defensive player of the week and they've added Baron Browning. I think Patrick Sartanne will be back for this game. The Panthers have been outscored by one hundred and thirty three points this year. No one else in the NFC has been outscored by more than fifty.
Speaker 2: So there they lose.
Speaker 1: They lose, and they always lose. They only won once, so except for that Raiders game, they always lose. So it's a tough spot for Bryce to re enter the lineup. Guys are thinking about are they going to get traded Deontay Johnson, stuff like that. I think if you're Bo Nicks and the BRONC goes, it's actually is a I wouldn't say a big game, but you'd like to see some offensive progress against the worst defense in the league and show that you can throw the ball down the field.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the problem with that is still it's going to be so easy to get progress in running the ball right in terms of success percentage. This Panthers defense one of the worst in terms of overall performance against the rush, it's one of the worst in the NFL. And Javonte Williams in this you mentioned the offensive line kind of doing what they're supposed to do, not necessarily leaping off the page and anything. But they've had that success and it's tough for me to imagine the possessions really being enough to get a proper evaluation for Bryce against the defense that's really good. And I don't know that bo Nicks is gonna need to do no he won any kind of thing against this. It's just a bad team all around. And Andy surprisingly didn't fix all of that by playing a few games.
Speaker 1: Broncos are going to be what five and three here?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Halfway through the season. A little bit of a surprise shout out to Jason mccordy making his debut. As like the solo analysis, usually it's at three person booth with Tiki, but hey, no bye weeks, all gas, no breaks. One more break for the podcast though, we'll be back after that. Back on NFL Daily, Chiefs haven't lost in a long time. We were all different people back on Christmas of twenty twenty three was innocent times. We didn't know if interim head coach Antonio Pierce, who would get the job long term, but then he pulled off the upset, making Patrick Mahomes look worse than maybe any game I've ever seen, And here he is now and they get the rematch.
Speaker 4: A generational performance by Jack Jones of the Los Angeles Raiders, who was all over Patrick Mahomes, and that game had a pick six as well, and the Chiefs decided they weren't going to lose. After that, they are a ten point favorite at Las Vegas, where they have had a lot of success, almost exclusively successful with Patrick Mahomes. Yeah, I think Patrick Mahomes is I don't think he's ever lost in Vega. In Las Vegas forty one and a half the over under Kevin Harlan and Trent Green on the call, So that part will be exciting.
Speaker 2: Does Gardner Minshew make it excited? I can't even say.
Speaker 1: Now, forget about the Raiders in general. This team is forget about. Let's talk about the DeAndre Hopkins trade. If you were listening on Wednesday's show, some trades we'd like to see. We had Hopkins going to the Chiefs. I think we even threw out a fourth or fifth round pick and so look, we nailed it. Fun pickup. How much does Hopkins have left? I think enough. I watched the game he played early in the season where he had a number of targets and stuff like, he looked like he had juice. He had a little bit of an injury, and so that's always gonna be a concern with an older player. And we'll see. But he needs a quarterback that's gonna need to just trust him in situations because he's not gonna be that open and quarterback that's accurate can put it in a position where he can go make tough catches. I mean, that's Patrick Mahomes. This is a godsend, I think for Patrick Mahomes, who's trying to make it work with like Juju, Smith, Schuster and Justin Watson. He's essentially gonna play the Justin Watson role. And I'd much rather have DeAndre Hopkins playing the Justine.
Speaker 3: He can look a lot more athletic and a lot more healthy playing with the Kansasy Chiefs. I mean, just like Amari Cooper look better playing for the Buffalo Bills. It's look, it's gonna be really good. With Kelsey. You almost have to have two intermediate route runners, right, Kelsey in the middle of the field, intermediate guy kind of hashesn't out, kind of like Rashia Rice, kind of like Juju is doing. So you get a guy who can win the fifty to fifty balls, so you're better in the red zone. Right, that's a situation where they've got the Chiefs have to improve a little bit, open up some things for the run game. But you know, this game here there might be a couple of defensive scores for the Chiefs as well. I mean, Gardner Minsch has been very kind, you know, with the ball, and so you know, look what's the number ten.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the not.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a big number for a division game between these two because they they tended to play.
Speaker 2: But the Chiefs have wiped him out a couple times as well.
Speaker 1: This is the worst I think Minch has looked as a pro. I feel for him. I actually this is not He's usually not this bad. Last week was just not good.
Speaker 4: And he comes in in a situation right where he's not expecting to play. Maybe that has an aspect, but the season long, right, he's done a couple of really really questionable decisions throwing the football. It's kind of called the other way, and the other team's gotten points out of it. But I'm looking back, I'm thinking back, this is the best receiver the Chiefs have had since Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins, just in terms of like a technician out there where even then, when they draft Tyreek Hill, he's going to be a Andy Reid gadget guy and they don't know they're getting like this Canton level wide receiver, technician of the game, and so income's nuke and that makes everything better. It's frustrating as a fan of another AFC team right that the Chiefs are able to add this kind of talent where I think other.
Speaker 2: Teams could have used the DeAndre Hopkins perhaps.
Speaker 3: Isn't an amazing how they just go out and they just get receivers. I mean, who's a guy a couple of years ago they got from the Giants who's no longer with the.
Speaker 1: Team, Canarius Tony. Every year they've added a receiver who has made up play in the Super Bowl. So you got McCole, Hardman, get Juju back catches the game winner. Juju's got the hamstring injury. I don't know playing in this game. That one game Juju had might have been Juju's moment. Yeah, as like a big time difference maker. That's a good point that he really is. Because Xavier Worthy, who I think will get better as a pro, but he has zero catches this season when facing press coverage like they just he just gets erased when he needs to be in a certain sort of role. Now and maybe improve and Hopkins can help him get in better spots. Man, this Chiefs team, they're getting better better.
Speaker 4: Rough news for everyone the team that shipped off new Hopkins. The Tennessee Titans on the road at the Detroit Lions, who are favored by eleven points the over under his forty five Kevin Coogler and Darryl Johnston on the call as Steve there is not gonna be a Will Levis we think right now, Coach Callahan says he Mason Rudolph to start once again. He started well against the Buffalo Bills, but then the Bills scored thirty four points going up against you can make it. I would make the case the Detroit Lions might be playing better football than anybody right now.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, look, the eleven I don't like the number just because Detroit came off a tough game against Minnesota and they got the Packers next week. Right, this is one where the eyeball gets stray a little bit. They should win this game. Tennessee's defensive times can look really really good. But I mean Detroit's offense, well, they want to dial it up, you know, with that run game and then mixing up all those different receivers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean I like Detroit to win it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I like the eleven here, but Tennessee just I mean, unfortunately they've got They've just got a pop gun on offense.
Speaker 2: They don't have anything where they can really generate some points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the last level of dominance where it's not the biggest game in your season. You're coming off a huge win, you got one next, Like, can you just stomp out a team like this anyways, just because you're so focused and you're so talented. I tend to think they can. The Titans defense, it almost makes you think, like, how valuable is a good defense really if you don't have the offense. Because I watched that Bills game and it they held up, and they held up, and they held up and eventually, Like they're a good run defense, but the dam is going to break. They're a little easier to pass on, Like does it really matter? I do what wonder? I did some digging people saying there's no way they'll trade Jeffrey Simmons. Maybe Harold Landry would be a guy that they would consider, just because what are they doing this season? There's not much going on. This is the first game though, without Jamison Williams and right, you know, we'll see if like Khleif Raymond can fill that spot. I think they'll be fine. Offensively, they are a rare team that can try to still run on the Titans, even though the Titans are a very good run defense.
Speaker 4: Jared Golf in his career against the number one total defense is three and eight. But I think this this situation is so different because Jared Golf is playing such good football. He's dealing right now, right now where Ben Johnson and he are linked up, where pressure is not an issue for Jared Golf. My friend Adam Rank loves to say that Jared Golf is an indoor cat, but once again, Jared Golf playing all of these games in dome stadiums this year, like the elements aren't necessarily an issue where it's I don't know. I do think for the Titan's sake what they are doing, I would agree in not trading Jeffrey Simmons. I would agree on keeping the unique talent that you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, My issue with Tennessee is they have not done that, and that's why they're in this hopeless position right now.
Speaker 2: Is abandoning their unique talents and trying to fill in spots and make it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's not working, and Callahan's trying to thread the needle where it. Rudolph is likely to play this week, but once Levis is healthy, then he is the starter. He did openly say this season is about getting a full evaluation of Levis. He said that this week, and so I was like, okay, because it's not really about necessarily winning, not like Mason, Rudolph is going to really win games for you either, So why wouldn't you play him? But yeah, it's tough. I mean, they signed Calvin Ridley. He has thirty six targets right now for twelve catches. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, a lot of a lot of their veteran offse's acquisitions just have not materialized something with a few teams in terms of getting some veteran free agents where it just hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: Jerius Snead is another one has not really played well for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, you know, I think Callahan will eventually get it right, but it's it ain't gonna be this year.
Speaker 1: And Jared Goff, this whole MVP thing, Everyone's like, oh, Jared Goff's the MVP. Well, first of all, it's so early. This is why I get annoyed with the early MVP talk because if we were truly looking at it, like, Okay, who's the MVP of the first six weeks? His first three weeks were one of the worst three weeks I've seen from Jared Goff, people just wipe that out of their mind. Uh, Like, since he arrived in Detroit, he had a bad first three weeks. So that's half the season so far. So I'm not giving the MVP to the guy who half the season was struggling. I'm not a hater, but I will point out only one tight window throw last week and almost none the week before too, Like they're setting him up and he's knocking it down. He was great last week, I need a rant.
Speaker 2: Patrick had a Dandy. That was a good one right there. My patience wasn't get out him, get out somebody, Steve.
Speaker 1: So good to have the whole group back, uh. In the Chris Westling podcast studio, we're gonna wrap it up here.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Watching NFL daily. We'll be back TNF recap. Not doing a live YouTube this time because it's gonna be a late night taping.
Speaker 2: Me and JB.
Speaker 1: Long. We got to get back home and fight through the Englewood traffic because I'll be at Rams Viker so well, JP, We'll see you then. Look when football back