Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shakey.
Speaker 2: I am Giselle Bryant. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here once again.
Speaker 3: Twenty well te twenty five, twenty five five you twenty twenty five coming in hot? Oh my gosh, I mean well twenty twenty four wentout hot.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and it has its stop like it has this out. Okay, first and foremost, let's get into our shady moment. Do you have a shady moment.
Speaker 3: I'll just give myself the shady moment of like, I don't know the holiday season. I told you this already, but I'm telling the people I did not put Christmas decorations up at all.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, let me stop you.
Speaker 1: When you told me this, I said, Robin, this before Christmas, I said, Robin, get to it, like now is the time?
Speaker 2: So you decided, okay, no, no, no, I didn't. So it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: I really I had intentions on putting them up the day after Thanksgiving, right right, and that didn't happen. And then so since that didn't happen, it just never happened. And then the closer we got to Christmas, my kids were like, so are we.
Speaker 2: Really not putting decorations up? And I was like, oh, y'all care. I don't know, y'all care, like you know, it was important to you guys like that.
Speaker 1: So they're like yeah, They're like, well, like where do the gifts go?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, I'm like okay, well, really I only care about the gifts.
Speaker 3: You're like, if we don't have a Christmas truth, I can't put I can't just put gifts on the floor, Like I can't.
Speaker 1: Put on you. I'm not It's ridiculous. Have you explained to the people that you're miss Christmas? Like typically your house is like decorated head to toe inside, outside, the whole thing, Like what happened?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Oh weird. It's so funny. When I told you that, you were like, are you depressed or something?
Speaker 3: I was like, no, it just like Thanksgiving was like so late into that's this is an excuse.
Speaker 2: I'm like, maybe I should let me not make an excuse, but like I'm want to put it on.
Speaker 3: I have a whole new business that has taken up my attention. Yeah, like, you know, the basketball schedules, the school schedules got me all over the place, and I just I just couldn't get it together. But no Christmas decorations. I did finally bring up, like this one lighted is.
Speaker 2: It lighted tree? Lit tree? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like pre lit tree. It's like it was just like branches, it's not like a tree tree. I did bring that up to put Christmas gifts underneath. I mean, but it is so terrible. So yeah, what I can stay. I'm so happy that I don't have to take them down. It's January, Okay, okay, robbing, No, next year, you cannot do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, next year, we're gonna need a tree.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need inside, outside, ornaments, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next year, I'm gonna do a big like next year I wanna have. I'm gonna hire someone and they're gonna like light my whole house next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is my expectation out of the Dixon Home. My expectation is not you have a tree, a tabletop tree that you put on the floor for the kids to put presidents under.
Speaker 2: That's just absurd. I was like, how did I get here. I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know you're a working woman and all, and you're working working twenty twenty four you I mean like you were on Potomac but you was working working. Yeah, oh yeah, no, I had that. This is real work. This is like the rest of my life work. So my shady moment was actually I think I'm shady. So but that's you know, par for the course. Okay, So traveling and I'm still still here now, traveling to for the holidays. I came to Saint Bart's, which I'm like totally in love with this place.
Speaker 2: And right last year yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the time the people see this, I'll be back home, so they'll be trying to like knock on my door when I'm not home. People anyway, So in order for me to get here, I had to fly from DC to Puerto Rico and then you take a little not prop plane, but like a little ten seater plane from Puerto Rico to Saint Bart's. Shout out to Trade Winds Aviation. They're amazing. Okay, Okay, So we get to Puerto Rico and Trade Winds has like its own little lounge and they very much take care of you, and we're sitting there and my flight was at four o'clock PM, right, And I know St Barts well enough to know that at night time because St Barts Airport is literally like a strip, like.
Speaker 2: A stripe, like.
Speaker 1: A strip that's in your backyard. Like it's nothing like in Portugal where we landed in Portugal, yes, probably smaller, okay, So they don't have flights coming in at night, so you got to get in there before the sun comes down, right. So the guy comes to me, he's like, oh my gosh, miss Brian, I want you to know that. You know, there's been an accident in St Bart's there was a plane crash in Star and they have closed the airport.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to get you out.
Speaker 1: But if we can't, then we don't have to fly to Saint Martins and you gotta have to take a boat to Saint Barts.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: So I I didn't give a damn about the plane crash, Like I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it's everyone okay, the people. I didn't say what happened. I didn't say, oh my gosh, was anyone injured?
Speaker 1: I said nothing, I said, you're gonna fix this and you're gonna get me to Saint Barts, okay, And then I realized I am the worst, Like I didn't care at all.
Speaker 2: They're like, okay, what about me?
Speaker 1: I was like, next, I don't care. Like actually, I was like kind of like, push the accident off to the side and let's get this back up and run.
Speaker 2: Terrible. Turns out no one was hurt. I did find out later no one was hurt.
Speaker 1: And it was really like the landing gear didn't work, so the plane kind of like belly flopped onto the runway and yeah, plane store.
Speaker 2: Up for everybody. Fine, so were it wasn't that shady.
Speaker 1: But I was straight up like I don't give a damn about the plane crash.
Speaker 3: Now, what if you had found out people actually lost their lives, which you have been like, oh.
Speaker 2: Shit, I would have cared. I would have cared, but I forgive what I know. Later on, I was like, oh my god, that was horrible. That was horrible.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would have that would have been really bad. That would have been really bad, but thank god no one was hurt. And you're a horrible person, yes, And I was like the last so we landed and right behind us was another flight and that was it, like we were done.
Speaker 2: They were done. I got in right in the nick of time. So I'm here. It's beautiful, kids are happy, life, it's good.
Speaker 1: And I realized I'm telling the people I'm shady, like I realized, like I didn't care at.
Speaker 2: All, Like when did you realize?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Was like kind of dup.
Speaker 1: Once I got to Saint Bard safely that night, I said, oh, you know what, I didn't care at all.
Speaker 2: And it was a little lady that I was talking to you next to me. She didn't care either.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually no one in Puerto Rico, CAA. But we all made it in. Say all is well and everybody's no one got hurt, No one got hurt, very CAUs.
Speaker 3: Okay, next time, you know, take a moment to think about other people may be affected.
Speaker 1: I know, and now I did kind of think about you a little bit. That would have never been your first thought ever.
Speaker 2: No what to like worry about myself? Yes or no.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god, I hope everybody's okay. Oh no, okay, all right, I'll be patient, I'll wait. Well, I'll get there when I get there. You know, we have what if I don't get there today, I'll get there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: That's been me. I was like, clean the crash site up. You are there for like ten days, right, so missing one you would have been fine.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a couple of things. So one, Giselle Bryant is going on tour. Twenty one Shady Questions is coming to a city near you. I'm starting in Anaheim on February fifth, I think, and those tickets are going gonna go on sale very shortly, and then I go to Houston and then New York and then we're throwing in Dallas and Charlotte in New Orleans. So y'all acted like y'all loved me. So if y'all don't like the fact that I'm going on tour, it's y'all's fault. Because twenty one Shady Questions is coming to you.
Speaker 2: All right, that's exciting. So what's the dates? What are the dates? February?
Speaker 1: Anaheim is February, So I'm doing West coast because west coast, y'all been like, when do you come into the West coast? When do you come into the West coast? February fifth is Anaheim, and the tenth is Houston, the twenty sixth is New York, and then Chicago, Dallas, I'm sorry, Dallas, Charlotte, New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I'm working on that now, so it'll be in the month of February. Wow, whole tour, okay.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling the people right now because everybody's like, ya's here's Robin. Robin can jump in whenever she wants jump it. Okay, I'll let you have your moment your tour, Okay, like you're rob but just no, the invitation's there, Okay.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about you? When are we gonna talk about you? What's just talking about me? For Robin? I scroll on my Instagram and as a full billboard of you at times where traitors, Oh, like, what did I do? That was so awesome?
Speaker 3: So New Year's Eve, I'm sitting on my couch my own business that you love to do what I love to do in my happy place. And Andrew Cohen sends me a t message with a picture of this billboard, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that sas so cool. I'm like, I've been Time Square on New Year's e.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to go to Times Square for New Year's Eve from now I'm.
Speaker 2: There, So that was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was like really that was I don't know, it was so weird. I'm like, why, why is this like the coolest thing I've ever done? Like, why is this like I've been I was on Potomac for how many years?
Speaker 2: Eight years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we Nicki Minaj hosts our reunion and like for.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I was like, oh my gosh, this is like the coolest thing ever. So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Literally was like I like gas, I was like, I'm so pumped. And then I'm like, do I need to do Traders so I can get a billboard? Like exactly, Yes, Okay, I didn't know Andy said that to you. I just assumed that they sent out assets like they sent out everybody's.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't have known that that was there had you not said that to me. And you know, apparently I saw like a picture another trader. They put a picture in there on their page or their story of the same thing, So I guess may it probably you know, in Time Square those billboards are digital and so they just like rotate.
Speaker 1: So I don't think it was just like that billboard was just me I think it was like switching people out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, of.
Speaker 1: Course, but like Andy, for Andy to like take that picture and send it to you, I think that's amazing. I think that he misses you just as much as everybody else does on Potomac.
Speaker 2: And you know, he's probably I'm sure a part.
Speaker 1: Of him is always like these women who are housewives will always be like this baby's so to speak.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure he's like super prepped.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure he saw like I'm sure that excited him to see any housewife on those billboards.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that was I was.
Speaker 3: Just like, oh, that is so cool like to be on and that was like a pretty big billboard and what you know, because they have smaller ones and all that, Like that was a nice billboard. I was like, wow, Like Traders is like they're Peacock and Traders and they're putting a lot of money behind this show for real.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good. Everybody's into it. It's good. The numbers are through the roof.
Speaker 3: So I heard that our season is really good.
Speaker 1: Okay, so and when does it because I started, it didn't premiere yet.
Speaker 3: Right, No, Well it premieres January ninth, okay, perfect. They did release like the first seven minutes of the first episode, Okay, okay, so that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, so people on social media were like, oh, they're trashing Time Stand the ball. I'm so happy, and I'm like, wait a minute, what am I missing? Oh okay, yeah, because I'm a I'm out hand.
Speaker 3: So in the first seven minutes, that's like, you know, everyone's arrival and all of that type of stuff. So it's like, not not a ton happened, but it was like it was just exciting just to see, like, okay, the show started. And then yes, when people saw Tom sanderbal they were like, I think it was Nicki Garcia says to Gabby, who is from The Bachelorette, like, oh, I'm not talking to him something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, Nikki Garcia. Is she like the Belotwins?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I really like them. Yeah yeah, okay, So is she the twin that's getting a divorce? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I like, not that I can really tell them apart, but I like both of them. I think that they are They're super cool and they've been able to kind of just like lead their own way.
Speaker 2: I mean, they had the job that I weren't. I wanted. I wanted to be a WWE wrestler, like I still am. Like I asked my kids, I'm like, do you think I could do that like today? And they're like, yeah, Rober.
Speaker 1: You wanted to be on SmackDown. You want to be be Robin Dixon SmackDown. Okay, what is your w w E name?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay o w W name.
Speaker 1: I think you're like the terminator Robin, Robin, the rambunctious.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to drop kick people. I want to put them in a fool nosin. Listen, my brother prepared me for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes he did. And what in your kids? They keep all your skills like together?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, so I can put them. I'm here for it. I'm in a figure four and how to do all those moves.
Speaker 3: Okay, I actually have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm damn so anyway, Yeah, so's she has a cool job. So she was married to like John or engaged to John Cina do My Room and they had a show together.
Speaker 2: They had a I think they had a show on E together.
Speaker 3: And then then she was on like Dancing with the Stars, she married her partner, they had a kid, and then recently it was kind of like really sad to see this was after Traders, they had like some big incident where like the police came and there were charges filed, domestic violence charges, and she filed for a divorce. So she's going through that right now, which you know, is really sad that she had to do that. And she actually had like disappeared off off of the Internet for a while and she finally came back. So and her So, who's the kid by the Dancing with the Stars guy? Yeah, yeah, Okay, I didn't realize he was Dancing with the Stars. I just yeah, art them.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we wish her the best anyway, Io about her, Let's get back to Robin Dixon on Traders.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait, do not miss it.
Speaker 1: It is January ninth on Peacock as a matter of fact, okay, and then we're gonna we're gonna get to the nitty gritty of this. I don't know who has done the research, but apparently there's been some research done about Peacock subscribers, and it's very low with the African American community. Oh, so, y'all stop being cheap and get you a switch.
Speaker 2: Okay the end stop being cheap.
Speaker 3: And Peacock had like this really great special. I can't remember what it was, and I posted it one day, but it was like, I don't know if you could get like was it like nineteen ninety nine for the year.
Speaker 2: It was something crazy? I don't know, So.
Speaker 1: Yes, call your provider and see if you could just get it rolled in or something like there's ways to kind of not necessarily get around it, but like it not be so.
Speaker 2: Such a big deal.
Speaker 1: Or how about just get cable because y'all are just stealing from your aunties and you're stealing from your next door neighbor, and like you're stealing from I think one of my daughters is like you using somebody's password from like not Peacock but for some other streaming from like three boyfriends removed, and she's still us, Oh, God, get your own, Just get your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, if you don't have to, why should you, I don't know. I mean, I hear that, I hear that, but I'm.
Speaker 3: The one I get I subscribe to like everything, and then all of our family it's like, hey, you know, can I get the log in? So like my mama has a Netflix log in, my brother in law has our Amazon and just like I know it's I'm the one that people come to and they're like, what's the log in? Like okay, here's.
Speaker 1: Fine, And I'm all acting like I'm you know, what do you call it? Cheap the duty and and high and mighty. When I got a bootleg Hulu and I got a bootleg Yeah, I got some bootleg too, and then and then people like my kids really want my passwords and steth, I'm like no, because I know what you're gonna do. You will give it to other people. It's enough, right, Yeah, that is the thing. It's like, because someone asked me for dang. I can't remember what it was. It was a password to something, and I was like, no, like, you can't have my password because then you're gonna like be in my shit like it was connected to like another account.
Speaker 2: And it's like, oh, yes, you know what I mean. I can't remember what it was. And you guys say no.
Speaker 3: To these people, but I was like no, because you will be in here transferring money at some point. Yeah, And I really want to tell people I don't. We're not even friends. I don't even like you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, all right, well we would be we would be remissed if we did not discuss what the whole world has seen.
Speaker 2: It was a short movie. It was pretty much in black and white, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And the movie went from a crash site to a police car to a police station.
Speaker 2: Yes, the movie's entitle.
Speaker 5: Fix your Wig, Big on the Run, wigglicious, where my wig go?
Speaker 2: Where's your fore head? Yo? We see your forehead.
Speaker 1: Wigg in the back of the head like it's terrible. Oh my gosh, whoa So if you live under a rock. We're talking about Karen Huger from the Real Housemuse a Potomac who was finally vindicated with a video. Did you say finally vindicated? The vindication happened?
Speaker 2: Who was vindicated the Streets of Potomac or Karen who was vindicated? Listen.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched the season, but when I saw that, people said that she claims she was going to be vindicated, I was like, ma'am, ma'am, if this is being vindicated, I don't want to see what being guilty is like, Well, you saw guilty.
Speaker 1: Actually give us the mini movie called Where Your wig at Is. Vindicate is like guilty, Like as charged, You're guilty.
Speaker 2: As charged.
Speaker 1: You probably should thank you.
Speaker 6: It's worth very much.
Speaker 2: When you're good, you're gonna be associating yourself my best father. I don't think I did anything bad except the dry.
Speaker 1: You know, we're laughing, but like it's very very sad. It's just sad, right, I mean, it's very sad. I hate to say it, though. I don't think those that are familiar with that person, we're shocked by what we saw. I know what I saw. I was like, yeah, that's par for the course. Like, I'm not shocked.
Speaker 3: I'm not shocked by the nonsense coming out of the mouth.
Speaker 2: I'm not shocked by.
Speaker 3: The the denials and the deflections, and you know that apparently were happening from the job.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised in your right mind.
Speaker 1: You don't say that you're going to be vindicated, and you know that that video exists.
Speaker 3: But I'm not even I'm not surprised by any of that. I'm not surprised that you filmed the whole season and she said she was going to be vindicated and shoot when the crash initial happened initially happened. She's telling whoever, tmz oh, I was just sad or something like, I'm not surprised by any of the the events that happened, like and it's that's the sad part. I am wondering, though, I don't know. Has there have there been any Thomas Jefferson Ston's late lately? Like have we seen Thomas Jefferson in the last sixty years?
Speaker 2: Sixty? I think it's been more than sixty We are one hundred and sixty years.
Speaker 3: I mean, I figure out, like, where's Thomas Jefferson been in the past sixty years?
Speaker 2: Thomas Jefferson and his concubine? Like do we know? Are people raising their hands and they're saying, ooh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Part of a concubine, Like it's the concubine.
Speaker 2: For me, it's like, WHOA, what are we talking about here? What are we saying out of our mouths?
Speaker 1: Now? That one I was surprised at because I was surprised by Thomas Jefferson's cocubine, because Thomas Jefferson's been dead for a very long time, Like yes, yes.
Speaker 2: What year was he president of the United States?
Speaker 1: Was that the founding fatherseen something eighteen something.
Speaker 2: Eighteen, let's say eighteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: We don't know, let's just make this up eighteen seventy six, it's twenty twenty four. Like Thomas Jefferson's been good for a good hunch, been dead for a good one hundred years.
Speaker 2: That's why I say, have we had any sightings? Like what is happening? How do we? How do we come up with that? And the conquin owns half the nation? So yes, so she is. She is rich beyond your your richest imaginations.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys, I know some of you can be like, oh, we goet, they're so mean.
Speaker 1: Listen, we would we we could not not talk about it, Okay, So I mean listen, I personally, I mean Robin probably didn't give you shits.
Speaker 2: I personally.
Speaker 1: Was one hundred praying for the best outcome for Karen. I you know, Karen is sixty something years old. Do I want to see a guilty verdict which probably is attached to like some major penalties to her. No, but you know you can't do what she did and been in her state and walk away scott free. I mean, there's loss for a reason. I do feel bad Foray. I feel bad for Raven, I feel bad for the whole family. I mean, I want to speak just like in general terms, I don't I don't know why she would have even.
Speaker 3: Allowed it to get that far, knowing that we need to try, yes, you mean to smile, yes, correct, Yeah, knowing that's what transpired. I don't know why she would allow it to get that far. And I think, unfortunately I don't. I'm not a judge. I'm not you know, I'm not in the legal system. But the fact that you allowed it to get that far and had your you know, was were denying it and trying to downplay it, that doesn't look favorable when it comes to like the sentencing of it all. I wish I wish they had taken a different approach, for sure, totally. We also can't have this hat and again, I mean, apparently this is her fourth time that she's right, her.
Speaker 1: Fourth do you I I believe I heard, Yeah, this can't happen again. It cannot.
Speaker 2: It can't for a hundred million reasons. You know, Yeah, races cannot.
Speaker 3: So I said that to say, like, regardless of you know, who she is, some people might say, oh, they're going to make an example out of her. No, this is not about making an example about anybody. Like if you just take a regular person who nobody knows and this is their fourth time doing this, Like, it's not about making examples. It's about it's about making sure this person doesn't do this again and doesn't seriously hurt themselves or somebody else. I mean, thank god, no one has ever been hurt in these situations.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hope she gets a favorable outcome after being found guilty, and you know, hopefully the sentencing is not too harsh on her. But I also am realistic, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Eh, I don't know. I think just with anyone. Part of me is like, who are your lawyers? But then we know our lawyer and we're player. This was not a good move, Like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You do not go to trial when you have a when you have a video, yeah damaging, you do not go to trial.
Speaker 3: Did the lawyers think that. I'm just wondering if there was like a battle between the lawyer and the client where the client was like, oh no, I want to go to trial, like you know, if they were absolutely like steadfast on going to trial and the lawyer was like, Okay, that's what you want. Or if the lawyer thought like, yes, this is what we're going to do and we're going to get you off. Like if I'm the lawyer and my client is like steadfast on going to trial because they think they're innocent, I'm dropping you as a client. Like I'm like, I can't you know, I can't win this. Yeah, I don't want my name attached to this. Yeah, you know, like the lawyer's.
Speaker 2: Happening for a very long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's only so much he can really say publicly because of like confidentiality reasons. So I'm just like, that's not a good look for any lawyer who allows their client to go to trial. But I'm just wondering if maybe there was a battle and the client was like, no, I'm going to trial because I'm going to win. Yeah, and you know they tried to like throw stuff out on technicalities. So I guess when that didn't happen, were they like stuck.
Speaker 2: You asking me like I know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it were me, I would have taken any if they offered me a plea, I'd have taken that thing. I'd have been so remorseful and so, I mean, I don't drink and drive, but I mean I would have just because because if I did that, that that was my night. That would have been like a fluke, right, that would have been like something. I don't know what caused Giselle to do that, but like that would have been like a straight up fluke.
Speaker 2: That would not have been like the norm.
Speaker 1: So I would take responsibility to whatever came with that immediately. Yeah, but I feel like Karen was so hell bent on not being guilty of proving that she wasn't drinking and driving, which I'm just like, oh that was we should have just owned it and said I slipped up. I made a really bad decision. Yeah, And I mean, lastly on this, I you know, listen, we're all in the public eye. We know that sometimes that changes what we would do if we weren't. Right, Like, I understand that kind of pressure to make some decisions that might necessarily make any sense because we're in the public eye.
Speaker 2: However, this I feel like should just have gone differently. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely think had she not been on the show and this was just regular person Karen who got you know, in an accident, that she wouldn't have fought it as much as she did, like if she you know, to say, because she's not worried about the public perception of being found guilty or you know, being you know, driving drunk and crashing her car, like she was motivated by the fact that she is a public figure on a television show. And I'm just like that was the downfall, Like you can't you can't let that cloud your judgment, and that really clouded judgment, like just trying to prove that she was, you know, innocent. I don't know, I don't It's it's sad. So we'll see what happens. She has her sentencing coming up, you know. Like I said, I, you know.
Speaker 7: Don't wish anything horrible in anyone, but I I don't think they're gonna take it lightly. No, no, yeah, it was your first okay, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's funny. I saw I saw some people were like.
Speaker 1: Oh, like why why are we why is this being shown? Like why did they release the video? And I think it's important people for people to know the video of Joe Blow being arrested. His body cam footage is available as well, so if you're interested in that, you can go find it.
Speaker 2: Like you can.
Speaker 1: So the fact that it's not like the police department intentionally said, let's release Karen Huger's bodycam footage. It's available for everybody, but nobody cares about Joe Blow.
Speaker 2: So if you want to go.
Speaker 3: Watch all of the Joe blows bodycam footage, then you can, and you can post it on your social media and nobody will care. So like that's that's the whole you know, that's the nature of the beast. Like all that footage is available for everyone who goes through, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Trial like that.
Speaker 3: And Karen's was made public because she's a public figure. So there's I don't find offense that her stuff was released. It's not like they were particularly.
Speaker 2: Her.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, you're a public figure. So that's so the blogs, the media sites, all of that, they went and did their digging and pulled that and released that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and like that, And I think there was like comparison to like Shannon Badoor. Like with Shannon, we saw what she did. It was part of somebody's ring camera. Yeah, yeah, so we saw her run into someone's house and all of that.
Speaker 3: So Jon also did wrote a trial. She also like, didn't she pleaded guilty or she like she kind of she owned it right away, she played guilty. So I guess when that happens, maybe there's no need for all of that because it was evident, Like the bodycam footage was evidence. So when it's evidence in a public trial, I guess you have public evidence. And so there was no evidence for Shannon's trial because there was no trial. So you know, it's like I said, it was very bad decision for her to even not take the plea deal. Her pride and being on this show like really got in the way, I guess, And maybe she's thinking when it happened, like, oh, we're about to start filming, because I think, but it happened in March, and you all started filming in.
Speaker 2: What April or May?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of weeks later, And I think that just really just affected how she approached the situation because she didn't want to be on a television show labeled, you know, a drunk driver or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Plan for Karen for sure, And the very small cinema movie of the runaway Wig continues because it's not over. It continues, and I heard it was like thirty minutes long.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the whole thing. I just saw the clips that people would post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it's not over yet, like it I mean it's still going. I'm meaning like she has to be sentenced. We'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: So it's like who praying for the best?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, okay, So another person that I'm praying for are two people is actually.
Speaker 2: Paige and Craig. How dare you break up? How dare you break up? What do you mean? Like?
Speaker 1: I was all in okay when they first got together, And be honest, I did not even realize they were together. Okay, so Paige is on Summer House, Craig is on Southern Charm, Right, these are Bravo people.
Speaker 2: They've been together. I did not know this three years.
Speaker 1: And when they got together, I was totally not invested, like I could care less. I thought it was gonna last three months. And then as time went by, like you saw them together and they looked all cute, see and they were making videos together, and then we saw them at Bravo Con and they looked all cute and it was it was cute personified I mean, all knew he won't leave in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: She not leaving New York.
Speaker 1: But I was down for them, not that they care, which is all things, but I was down to them getting married and living in separate states.
Speaker 2: I was down for that.
Speaker 1: I actually was like, if anyone can pull this off, they can, because it's the ideal situation. You want to live several states from your husband, Like who doesn't want that?
Speaker 2: Like everyone wants that. That's like heaven.
Speaker 3: You have to find out that that's heaven. You don't want to start off living oh, five states from your husband.
Speaker 2: They don't know that. They don't know that. Okay, true, but I want to see.
Speaker 1: If I could talk to Paige, I would tell her like, this is the perfect scenario, like you see him when you want to see him.
Speaker 2: Not because I.
Speaker 3: Get that, but if they want to have children, you know, raise the kids in New York. No, she's like a part time single mom and he just comes and visits and goes back and forth. No, that doesn't work, not when they're like little little No, none of that works.
Speaker 1: We could do six months on, six months off. I mean, they couldn't make it work. I just I was if anybody could have made it work.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call Page. How do we know that that's.
Speaker 3: What drove them apart? I don't did they even like the reason?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I'm sure and I'm not really.
Speaker 3: Like up on their relationship if they discuss it on TV or whatever. So I don't know if there were issues. But how do we know that's what it was.
Speaker 2: We don't know that.
Speaker 1: I just is my assumption, and I'm going to let them know that, Like Page, this is actually the perfect setup, Like, don't be mad that this man does not live in New York, be happy, marry him, live your life perfect.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, go to South Carolina when you feel like it.
Speaker 3: That works for fifty two year old Gazelle. Yes, that's not going to work for a thirty year old Page. Oh but Page to me seems very worldly.
Speaker 2: She seems very European. This is probably very European thing to do. I don't know. That's my two cents, Page, that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, I can if that is the issue, the distance, if one wants to get married and the other one doesn't.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't know. We don't know the reasons why these people. Oh no, he made it clear he wants to marry her and he wants kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh son, he wants to do that in South Carolina. Yeah, and she's not going out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I'm going I'm gonna fix this guy. I'm going to fix it. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna worry because they are super cute together, and he's like I think I said this on the podcast, like he's really handsome in person, Like I don't, I don't know. When I see him in pictures, he doesn't like do anything for me, but in person, I'm like, oh my gosh, he's like really handsome.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, he's a nice looking guy. You can tell she cleaned him up. You can tell. And I don't even know this, but you can tell she cleaned him u.
Speaker 1: You can tell he changed himself for the better for her and for himself obviously. Yeah, we don't throw this in the trash, can we don't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use it. Don't you worry? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, before we log off, Yes, I want to say I think I'm part of.
Speaker 2: The bee Hive. That Christmas performance was insane? What amazing? Did you watch it? I did not watch it?
Speaker 1: Not only did I watch it, I watched it again and again it was her back.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 3: And then I'm watching all these clips on Instagram, like the behind the.
Speaker 2: Scenes and the oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 3: Ship was phenomenal, and I'm so I was so annoyed. So on Christmas Day we all right. So typically on Christmas Day we go out to dinner because you know, a lot of our families like scattered and so it's like really just like, you know, me and my parents, maybe my brother whomever goes out to dinner, okay, and then and you know, of course Want and the boys. But because the Ravens were playing that day, we couldn't go out to dinner, so I yeah, so that kind of sucked. So I had to host at my house, cook all types of food, have people over. Actually a few more people ended up coming over. So I was in a house full of people and the performance is on and all they care about is the football game.
Speaker 2: The performance is on, and they're.
Speaker 3: Like people are like just talking to me the whole time and like interrupting, and I'm like, i.
Speaker 2: Can't like focus on it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to watch it, and I'm like being distracted and I was so annoyed, and so when it's over, I was like, Okay, that was nice whatever, Like I wasn't like, you know, I was like, Okay, okay, that's great.
Speaker 3: There's another Beyonce performance. So then I'm like on Instagram and I'm seeing it being reposted and I'm like, oh wait, like this is.
Speaker 8: Amazing, Like she used that whole field almost the production and the coriatis and the vocals and the wardrobe and all the people.
Speaker 1: It was so many people and and I don't even know. So I didn't even notice Blue Ivy when I was watching. I didn't notice her until like the line dance part Texas hold him, But Blue Ivy was up in there the whole time doing that Yes, get it Blue, Get it Blue, my little niece, get it blue.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Like, okay, I'm sorry for ever hating on Beyonce.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Okay, I never hated on her. Let me just put this on.
Speaker 3: I was always a Beyonce fan, right, I always appreciate her work. But I was like, you know, some things I didn't love and I woke up about it.
Speaker 2: But but you now repent, you have to repent. I repaid.
Speaker 1: I was like holy shit, like yes, and I was. I was just stuck watch on Instagram, just like watching all these videos of the performance from different angles.
Speaker 2: The Queen came through, y'all better move out there.
Speaker 3: Wait, and you can watch it on Netflix. They just have the performance on Netflix. You can watch that again, like it has its own little show.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you know me and Cal that's our girl, right, because y'all know I'm actually me and Beyonce are actually the same person.
Speaker 2: So you know me and Cal that's our girl.
Speaker 1: After that performance, Cal texted me like not now, like we could not talk about it, like we were too shook up to even discuss what we.
Speaker 2: Had just seen with our eyes.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like we had to wait at least forty eight hours to really even unpacked everything he saw.
Speaker 2: Yes, all, I texted back. He was like not now, And I texted back bad to the bone. I was like that bitch bad whoa Okay?
Speaker 1: So for me, it was like that performance was like thirty years in the making. In my mind, it was like no other performer can do what she did so perfect, like like it was perfection unless you can doing this for a very long time. So for me, it was like thirty years in the making, like she's been she'd been doing her thing, because she did it kind of like with her eyes closed, like she did it with not even blinking twice.
Speaker 2: She was just like boom boom boom, wipe my face, boom boom, boom boom. Is like I mean, it was just like Wow.
Speaker 1: Then at the end when we see little Nisi Poo Blue Ivy and she killed the little line dance.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was done. I was like, Niesypoo show up and this was it for me. When she was coming down.
Speaker 1: I know you saw this video when she was coming down from the thing and she was like yes. For me, that was like she so appreciates this moment. She so appreciates the fact that she's in Houston. She sang that song first in Houston at halftime Christmas Day. Like I felt like that was such a moment for her that she appreciates, she's humbled by what she's doing.
Speaker 2: That is so rare to me.
Speaker 1: And I mean, mind, y'all don't know this for sure, but that's what I took from her being so excited about her whole performance. And then at the end, it was just like celebrating herself Like, that's a bang one, right there can nobody touch your y'all can try, but you can't at all. Ever, Yeah, I think she was celebrating not just like herself and the performance, but all of the people who like played a part in it too. I mean, it was amazing, was so amazing, and I like, yes, I have so much respect for her. She is the best entertainer ever. Like I mean, you know, I've already said I was never really a Michael Jackson fan.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, do we need to debate, No, it's no debate.
Speaker 3: Who was the greatest performer of all time? Is it Beyonce? Is it Michael Jackson? Like for me, it's hands down, I say.
Speaker 1: Because Michael couldn't do what she just did. Michael couldn't do that. He never did what she did. But I mean, of course Beyonce came after Michael, and Michael set the bar and you know, of course he's an inspiration and.
Speaker 3: All of that, and you know, but no, we never saw Michael do anything near that. I mean, he wasn't even a great singer like she's. She can sing, she can dance, she's a performer. She's just the greatest and then you know, she seems to be incredibly humble, which is amazing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: Robin is a big high people right down Christmas twenty twenty four, Robin became a BAC.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm loving it. You know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Like I heard there's like people who were hating on that performance that were like, of course, of course, who's.
Speaker 2: Not hating on Beyonce? Like stop it? What? How do we poopo on that? How? Because people want to hate. People are haters.
Speaker 1: But the fact that people are hating lets her know she did everything she was supposed to do and then so yeah the end.
Speaker 2: Can't nobody do that?
Speaker 3: They didn't just like PLoP a stage in the middle of the field and she just stood there and string a few songs Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she's Beyonce, she's superwoman.
Speaker 3: Crazy her team, she's superwoman, but her team is phenomenal, and you know, I know it's like a two way street. I know, she probably really holds them to high standards. She has, you know, visions, and she has them execute her vision. But those people that help her execute her vision are top notch.
Speaker 1: She's working her asshole, so you can't be a part of her team and not be as excellent as she is.
Speaker 2: Like that's the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: That's bare minimum, right, And it's kind of like what I say when and this is a very small example when like we film Potomac, that was my time. So if I'm on time, the cameraman better beyond time, and the producers better beyond time, the audio battle beyond time.
Speaker 2: Let's go like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if we're all working together, let's work together in excellence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Absolutely, And she brought her old dance captain back, Ashley. That was cute to see. Oh, I don't know who is she.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she looks like, Ashlely. She's she's light skin and she has like curly hair. But of course she had on one of those like blonde Bob Wiggs, I'll send it to you. Wasn't on the Renaissance tour. And a lot of like die heart Beyonce cans were like heartbroken over that because actually had been with her for a long long time, like she was always right next to Beyonce. Oh okay, okay, shall sell you that she was actually in the opening sequence when when they're like hello, Beyonce.
Speaker 2: It was actually m B standing next to you. Probably missed all of that.
Speaker 1: See I saw see you not a You're not even a truth be wive. So all of that I'll send it. I was back in my clothes trying to go on my trip. Listen, all right, not a true behive. I'm a bigger Behi than me. But Mama has been a bee hide for two minutes and now she's bigger than me.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine, all right, We're out of here. Guys. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 1: Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shaty.
Speaker 2: Mor Bo fight right.
Speaker 1: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady