Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by bad Larry Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. Here we go. Larry is coming in hot nice week last week, Larry, Yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: My let me just pull over. I was driving down to the beach. Hang on one second, Holy shit, what are you doing at the beach? I'm pulling. It's like they're bringing in some cable in Seagaret. I don't know what it is yet. I gotta find out. I don't know if it's for the windmills. I don't know, hope it's I don't know. I don't know what it is. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you lost the dragon, the d them right now. You lost eleven units last week.
Speaker 3: I just want to make it fair for the other guys. Dan, my boy, my boys down here say. My trips to New England are like the Jets trips during the Tom Brady era and my trips to New d You get that?
Speaker 1: Not fun? Larry. You shouldn't laugh at your own jokes like you should let others laugh. That sucked, Larry. It's yeah, you got to work on your delivery there.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: Okay, so bad? Larry lost eleven units, Shay stays at plus fourteen. Yes, and Dylan. Dylan had a great week. He won five units, so now he takes the lead at plus seventeen. So bad. Larry plus nine units, Shay plus fourteen, Dylan plus seventeen. Anything else that needs to be mentioned here? What Marvin? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Everybody want to congratulate you guys. This is episode number one hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I had the under I had more stability than my marriage. Yes, wait, you look good. You got your uh, you got your post Christmas haircut high and tight. Yep, skipped out on a bunch of holiday parties. This you got your beard trimmed. What's going on? You got probation here and.
Speaker 5: Custody hear and coming out whoa, whoa the roommate and I actually doing fantastic believe it or not?
Speaker 1: What is this based on? That? Where it fluctuates so much.
Speaker 5: Well, I would say probably my mental health disorders plus her.
Speaker 1: Hatred of me combination. It gets tough, Danny, It gets tough. We've known each other for twenty years, so she's, uh, real quick, what are you still figuring out here? Like you know triggers?
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, well she you know, she likes to yell and I don't like to listen, so we just continue that roller coaster over and over.
Speaker 2: I would have thought the holiday would have been a death sentence for you guys.
Speaker 1: It was pretty tough.
Speaker 5: I mean the in laws are right down the street, so they're like five minutes down the street from us, no bullshit. So they are over a lot, so they are intimately involved with the ups and downs and oh brother.
Speaker 2: Like Shay, the gun on side your head looks great today.
Speaker 5: Like your mother will all just pop over out of nowhere. But like, hey, I brought some cake, Like what the fuck are you what? You just want to see what the Fu's going on over here, don't you?
Speaker 2: And Shay, there's a razor blade in the cake.
Speaker 5: For you and it's arsenic fat man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, bad Larry. Everything Okay, aside from taking a donut. You lost eleven units. Eleven units.
Speaker 3: It's over two weeks, so damn, let's put that.
Speaker 1: Bookie doesn't give a ship. It's still eleven units, laire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bookie. We lost a little to the bookie this week.
Speaker 1: Clarry.
Speaker 2: You can feel good though, that you didn't take my bet on you making it to thirty units by the end of the football season.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happens. Not.
Speaker 3: I don't even have enough this week to make it. So you're right, you're right on that, Dell and I had I had a bad, bad little stretch. We're not We're not too concerned.
Speaker 1: Cowboys gifted the number two seeds, so you gotta feel good.
Speaker 5: Jay, that was fucking embarrassing by the Eagles. Well, no, that was sad by the e But I don't know if that is the best route because now we're going to have to play who Before it was Tampa that we were probably gonna have to play, Yeah, and now it's what the Rams.
Speaker 1: I don't want to play the Rams. Yeah, I wouldn't want to play the I'd rather play the Bucks in the Rams. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is just Jerry's karma coming back on him, whatever he did to get where he is, whatever he sacrificed, those spirits are a lot.
Speaker 1: Whoever he sacrificedatly whatever version, Yes.
Speaker 4: Man, but you got to feel good now. Jimmy finally got into the Ring of Honors.
Speaker 5: I knew that was good. That was really cool. I mean I actually watched that. I got goosebumps. You get emotion, I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The roommate and the eldest were there and they couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. I told him all to be quiet because you know, this is a god moment. It was really important.
Speaker 1: If I'm Jimmy Johnson, I would have said to Jerry, go fuck you. I know I would have. He was a bigger man. You know, he's eighty years old. Still he's fucking swinging. Man, he's swinging. Their hair is natural or is that gotta? That's just straight test, That's that's just man. That's just an all man, all man on his head. What have you gone on your old Okay, all right, so let me see. Oh odds to win the darts championship? Uh have you seen that kid? And he's like fourteen years of age? You guys seen them sixteen, isn't he sixty duke? Yeah, he's going to be great until he loses his virginity and then everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I mean to I imagine most professional darts players probably cut their teeth in bars and stuff like that. Yeah, so he's just what going there before seven thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how that works, although in some countries you bring your kids to the bar, like il amb Ireland. Sounds awful, Scotland, England. I'm guessing bat Larry fancies himself as a darts player, of course he does.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine a fourteen year old winning, so I don't know anything about it. This is the first I'm hearing of it. I think all the twenty five year old guys beat him.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how old they are. I mean, they could be forty five. But he looks like he's thirty. But I think he's like fourteen or fifteen. Ray, do you have some information on this?
Speaker 2: He's sixteen years old, but he does look like he's like thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks depressed and middleway. Yeah, like right, real stable home life. I got into darts. A darts thing, though, sounds pretty good to make a living where you go to a bar and you play darts.
Speaker 2: There's way worse things to be doing, I think there. But the the championship I think is at the Garden. I think it's a theater atsg Yeah, so I mean field trip idea, ok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would Jimmy let us in Jimmy Dolan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, anybody here talks about Dolan before I know I have, he's probably listening, that son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking weirdo. I haven't said anything. Dylan hasn't, and Bad Larry hasn't. I hate him.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm sure you're I'm sure here on facial recognition at the Garden.
Speaker 2: Yes, they just need the side of his head.
Speaker 1: I'll just put on their mask on. Don't worry, okay. Uh Dylan, Uh you recapping you looked, you look pretty good here. Bad Larry you lost everything but notre dame in Oregon State congratulations. And then uh in the NFL you lost just about everything as well, consistent very bad two weeks.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, it was another to say that that's twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three new year. Knew me beg very good point.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I'm then one thing though, the gift that is finally done giving season Iowa football, mother fucker thirty five put up on him in the total thirty six.
Speaker 1: I had the over thirty six. They were literally at the fucking four yard line. They're at the four yard line, bitch. I loved it. I loved it because that's the only reason to watch that is literally there was nothing like, Okay, why am I watching this? What's the over under? It's thirty six, and I go, oh, this is awesome, dude. The fourth quarter was fucking nails on a chalkboard, Danny. It was the awful. Uh anything else you want to recamp here? Shaye? How about Franklin losing another bowl game? How about? I mean, what the fuck is Penn State? That? Dude? What Marvin?
Speaker 4: Their expectations are to be a middle of the road Big ten.
Speaker 1: Team, expectations away north of that way north Penn State thinks they're among the elite with Ohio State exactly again, they should stop, they need to right but that every year we're like, oh, James Franklin, he's got another great team.
Speaker 4: They'll be tending to until they see a real team and then somebody beats the dog shit out of him.
Speaker 1: And Keegan, Michael Keys Twin. Yeah, yeah, that's fair. Melane Kiffin put into a fucking bed. I mean that was yeah, Lane Kiffin. And you saw the defensive lineman he stole from Tamu Coleman the five Star they got him out of Tamou. I mean, that's son of a bitch. Is trying to go for the SEC next year. He's he might get it as long as he's got some money there to help him go. After these kids. They always had money booster bags they were giving up to everybody. Remember, uh Treadwell, Lakwan Treadwell committed to Ole Miss never be in south of the Mason Dixon in his life, and he committed cash money, motherfucker right, Robert and j Yeah exactly. That was old Bayah Yeah, Jeremy Tunel smoking the bong and thats money. That was when you know, you weren't allowed to do those things. Now now you could, you could get an n I L for you know, your own bong probably man face man right, Okay, uh bets for this week? Why is had Larry starting out the gambling here? Loser me?
Speaker 3: No, Dylan should go first. No problem with Dylan going first.
Speaker 1: All right, Dylan, go ahead, Well, Larry, what happens though? You always say, oh yeah, you're stealing what I had. You know you're taking my picks too. I know how this works, right, Who else.
Speaker 3: Sent their picks in last night? I'm just asking a question.
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I'm the only one who sent him in last night. Oh yeah, okay. I don't know what did they do since they sat there last night? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you honestly think a guy who lost eleven units they're gonna cheat off your paper? No?
Speaker 3: I think the guy who's leading should go first, all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, And Larry, even if we wanted to, we could not read your handwriting.
Speaker 1: That's true, and it's true. All right, go ahead, Dylan, since you're leading this mess? All right?
Speaker 2: For the national title game, I'm rocking with Michigan minus four and a half against Washington. That actually seems a little steep on the line there, but I would I guess it would be like three. But they look good, and I think it just after this whole season, it just would be so poetic for Harbaugh to win. Okay, And I'm going under fifty five and a half in that just any title game or Championship.
Speaker 1: I'm going under.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then NFL I'm going Ravens money line against the Stillers plus one fifty even though they don't need it. And I think the Steelers for the Bills to the Bills contingency thing is interesting because I think it's if the Steelers and the Jags both win, the Bills are out. It's there's some condition like they're either the two seed or if those two teams win. I think the Bills are.
Speaker 1: I thought if the Bills lose and the other two teams win, then they're then they're their out, I think.
Speaker 2: And let's see what else got Titans was five and a half against the Jaguars. Patriots minus two against the Jets, last game of the season, Jets in New England. This one's always a usually a slaughter Fats. But and then I'm going Bill's minus three against the Dolphins. That one, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That would make me nervous. It does make me nervous just watching the Bills last week. And then you're going, dude, Bailey, ZAPPI gave you three interceptions and you're still letting him stay in the Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it is in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is like that a little better. Yes, that would be a home field advantage then if they were in that's how that works. Just thank you for saying you'd like it a little bit better.
Speaker 2: It's that top tier analysis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from coming back even knew that. Nope, nobody ever came up with. Wait, if we play at home, isn't an advantage?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, there's certain ones that are more notable.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: I got blue laying four and a half against the fighting Panics. I gotta say a little sidebar. I haven't seen a quarterback this year for sure, have a better game than Penis had against the Longhorns. That was fucking pretty precise masterclass. That was bananas and the under fifty five and a half. I do think Michigan matches up a whole lot better than the Longhorns did. They have an actual pass rush and their secondary is a lot better.
Speaker 1: And then see the more analysis you so right, more.
Speaker 2: Gets is diego Pavia playing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember my knight in Shining arm is that James Madison? You had a breakdown. What was the game where you were? I was lost three to three? What the Texas or something close? And I going Oh my god, he's breaking down the depth charge. That's right, And I go, oh that the more you know, the less you know. I didn't cover by like forty yes, okay, what else do you have? Fighting? Baker Mayfield is laying five and a half against the fucking suspended should be suspended owner Tepper. That dude's a fucking maniac. Pretend I love him, though, fighting Golfs laying three against the Vikes, Bears plus three against the Pack Eagles, Eagles laying five and a half against I mean Tyrod is starting, isn't he? I think so? Yeah? Laying five and a half there Giants, Philly under forty two. Wait, no, I had the over there it was forty one and a half or forty two? Ray forty two? Yeah over there over okay? And then Miami plus three against the Billies. All right, that brings us to bad all right, bad ladder.
Speaker 3: Okay. I got the Steelers. I don't know what the line is. I got the Steelers against the Ravens. The Raves aren't gonna play three and a half, three and a half Steelers minus three and a half against the Ravens. I don't know why, but I got the Colts plus one against the Texans. I got Buffalo here. I'm giving three, Buffalo winning their win the division, losing them probably out Miami, doesn't care. Miami's already in Buffalo minus the three against Miami. I got the Jags minus to four against the Titans.
Speaker 1: Four, five and a half? Yeah, fuck out of here? Four? Where the hell was at four? And when, Larry, you're so full of ship?
Speaker 3: Are you thinking of making these lines up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where do you get them? We get them from DraftKings. I didn't go on if your book you had four. Give me a fucking account today today, Larry?
Speaker 3: Okay, what what am I giving? On the drags?
Speaker 1: It's five and a half all day has been for a fucking week, Larry. Did you get this from the New York Post? Where you get your line? Nanny Sheridan? Today?
Speaker 3: When I when I sent it in last night, it was four. But that's fine Jack, Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, Ray?
Speaker 1: Was this line for last night?
Speaker 2: This line has never been for Larry thought it was four.
Speaker 4: He sent it to me at four.
Speaker 2: I saw it last night and I was like, I could correct him, but this is good content.
Speaker 1: Well done? Ray? All right, So it's five and a half, Larry.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Jack's mind is five and a half.
Speaker 1: God, I'm rooting already heard there three.
Speaker 3: I got the Patriots minus the three against.
Speaker 1: The Jens Patriots minus two. Okay, you got a point back, Larry, So that's that's a good thing for you. Larry.
Speaker 3: I understand I had it at two and a half. I thought you guys said it was three. Earlier, someone said they were taking the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Who was Dylan, Yeah, minus two, and it's it's I'm going to go to you right now because I don't need the hassle.
Speaker 3: What am I giving on the Eagles money line against.
Speaker 1: The Giants minus two fifty?
Speaker 3: Okay, risking five units to win two units?
Speaker 1: Reaching risk?
Speaker 3: I said it in riskin four units to win two, but I figured Ray would come back to me with what it was, so risking five units to win two units the Eagles money line against the Giants. And then in college football, I want South Dakota State minus at twelve and a half against Montana, and I'll take Washington plus the four just because I hate Michigan and I'm probably.
Speaker 1: Gonna be betting a lot of foreigner it's four and a half.
Speaker 3: Washington Bluff four and a half against Michigan. Right, yeah, I think I'm betting a lot of player props that day, but I just want to root against Michigan.
Speaker 1: South Dakota State is given twelve and a half to Montana. Huh the jack raep that's a lot. That's a lot, all right? Uh? Is that it? Anything else that needs to be mentioned? Shayan Irving podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: And I can't fucking wait for the twelve team playoff for college football. Yeah, I can't fucking wait considering how good the games were this year and what would entail. I mean, Georgia would be in it all the way down to Louisville, right, essentially, I can't fucking wait.
Speaker 1: Well, it would make these bull games now have at least resembled the rosters. That's the problem exactly. These kids may not opt out if they're going to be in the playoffs. Therefore, it would be a benefit to the bowl games. Everybody was so caught up in all the integrity of the bowl games. You can't do a playoff game. You lost the integrity of the bowl games. Now you have all these schools that are going to be playing, and now you're going to have a few more Bowl games that actually mean something, and then these kids would actually be playing. There was never any integrity the fucking Bowl. I mean, this is a cartel that was running shit for a long time. BCS does not give a shit.
Speaker 2: I've requated the word integrity to college football.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like student athlete exactly. They coined that back in the mid seventies. I think Walter Byers was the guy who's like student athlete, and I'm like athlete, athletics, student. I didn't come here to play school. Motherfucker. Right. Odell Beckham Junior, the third has some player incentives. If he has five catches, he gets a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus. Two tds gets a half a million. Damn one hundred and eighty five yards receiving, you get seven hundred and fifty k is his boy? I mean, is Lamar even gonna see the field? I don't think so. Oh shit, Yes, they do have Taylor Huntley, though he's pretty good baller. I think it's pretty good Tyler. Is it? Tyler Huntley? Tyler even better than Taylor? Yeah? Yeah. Chris Jones if he gets a half a sack, he earns one point two five million.
Speaker 2: He takes the under his sack prop so zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he doesn't get a sack half. The question is how many penalties is he going to get trying to get a sack. That's a better fucking bat over under on penalties. DeAndre Hopkins gets forty nine yards, he gets a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's doable. Odell getting one hundred and eighty five yards seems well.
Speaker 1: Five hills playing five catches. Yeah, I don't know if that really If the Seahawks make the playoffs, Geno Smith receives two million dollars, Yeah, they're playing the pesky Cardinals, the NFC East Killers. Just saying the game within the game with these incentives. But how do you feel, though, if Odell goes into the huddle and he gives you that kind of like that hang dog like dude, you know, come on, Chang chang, show me the ball.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you just say, hey, listen, man, if you throw me the fucking ball enough, I'm gonna give you for a share fifty yeah cash fifty grind Yeah I do that absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you I mean you could, and they don't need to I mean like they don't need to win, so he could just air it out to Odell the entire game.
Speaker 1: Go, why not? But five catches? Two hundred and fifty K, I'll give you, I'll give you fifty, I'll give you seventy five sold. Yeah, after taxes. That's what i'd ask in the huddle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get your cash, get your abacus out in the huddle, Larry.
Speaker 1: Anything you'd like to add before we say goodbye?
Speaker 3: No, I like those those props there, all those incentives. That's awesome. No hundred, one hundred shows. Congratulations, guys. I'm on my way to raise for a little lunch.
Speaker 1: You've been on eighty of them. Shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, boys, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Happy? Wait, Wait, at what point do we stop today? Today's the last day you can do it? Absolutely Okay, Happy New Year? Okay, Larry, Oh he's gone. Raise Damn he's gone. Damn, Yeah, he's gone. He does the same thing every day. Yeah, he goes to this place raise and has lunch there. It sits there and you know, hold shop, he talks. You know whoever comes in.
Speaker 5: If you ever had to assassinate Larry that would be the easiest, easiest.
Speaker 2: Here's the dossier.
Speaker 1: Go to rais Lay there at around twelve those settings. He's not raised. Go to Maine, he's gonna he'll be Yeah, he'll be out of regatta.
Speaker 2: God if you see some dipshit at the beach in January watching or whatever, Like, what is he doing?
Speaker 1: He went to see cables being delivered in his hometown. How many letters to the editor in his local paper.
Speaker 2: A million day, all get rejected?
Speaker 1: Cables are ruined about you? But he doesn't have anything to do. He doesn't have a job. What is his wife. She's got to be rich.
Speaker 2: She was a nurse and she's retired too.
Speaker 1: But I think so, I think so something well there's family money there or something that. Well, that ain't add up. I just I've known Larry for twenty years and I think he had a job, maybe for one or two years. I think he was doing mortgages no shit, yes, dirt bag yeah yeah, no, wonder the financial crisis. What a loser huh nerd Yeah, so bad Larry. He does the same thing every day.
Speaker 2: He's just been chilling for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all he does. And then occasionally He'll go to Atlantic City and sit there and you know, play poker, blackjot depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the king of the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 1: Rather be a digest glass and have that fucking monicle. Okay, that's it. We've done it. We have done a great job again our one hundredth episode. Yeah, I'm not gonna thank you guys. I'm going to thank the audience that if you're still here after one hundred episodes with this, got a problem something.
Speaker 4: Something wrong with you, yes, mar Yeah, something's definitely wrong with them, because the numbers have doubled since this season started. And so I'm like, wait, there's more of you guys, and we play someone on the show and I'll get DMS or whatever, like, man, yesterday was awesome, was ith?
Speaker 1: I come out of here? Are you Okay? I come out of this building and I go, I don't know what we just did, but we did something for a little while. So hopefully you're entertained, and uh, thanks for joining us, and we'll talk to you next week. On Dan Patrick takes a gamble
Speaker 3: To the mem