Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty, episode five of der Daly's I Guys Say production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive in America's haircutshousness. We take a deep dive into American shared consciousness. Is what we do. I muttered it, and I don't want to mutter. And I want people to know what this show is about. Yeah, damn it off top. It's Friday, January twelfth, twenty twenty four. You know what that is? Mile Hey, I you what that is?
Speaker 2: If you've got if you've got auburn hairs and that little bit of a red tinge.
Speaker 1: Guess what. Let's kiss a ginger Day. And it's also National Marzipan Day. Look all my almond lovers.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of almond lovers in my life, and we like we fuck with the Marzapan.
Speaker 1: Not like the blocks of it, but when it's in a pastry. I like that.
Speaker 2: Also National Curry Chicken Day, National Pharmacist Day.
Speaker 1: Your shirt handed to the pharmacy, though not a lot of pharmacy assistants of it. We see you a pharmacist, we see your gingers, and we're coming for you with kiss lips and we you legally have to let us kiss you because that's the day. Yeah, cause you imagine, you know, there are some weird ass bosses out there who are hey, it's look, it's kissing Joe. What was I supposed to do? Hug you? No? I follow directions? What why are you calling the cops? First of all, it's very respectful to refer to you as a ginger. Second of all, I get to kiss you anyways. My name's Jack O'Brien. Ak dig a big hole where you were? Now place where I think about? A chill ass tunnel? Wonder why you haven't before? That is courtesy Willie Kay A little stand r e M tunnel. Feeling the call of the tunnel folks, the tunnels are calling. I wanna. I want to just crawl around in the sewers. I want to build my own sewers. There's some weird ninja turtleshit going on and get on some weird and I want my dad to be a rat and I'll eat his pizza. You know. The ninja turtles are like really about found family when you come down to yeah, truly, wow, people love to tell you things are about found family. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass. It's Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm a time traveler. I've been in a tunnel too long, but I'm still jet LaGG. Jon't name it because I could care less about my sleep patterns struggling or my toddler's sleep struggling.
Speaker 1: It is keeping me up so late. I just want to kiss him, and he just he wants to just rip my face off because he's at that age where he just snatches at your face and scratches. You discovered these nails, dude, his nails are fucking adamantium.
Speaker 2: I I the other day when I was in Japan, My like one of my aunts was like, oh shit, what happened?
Speaker 1: You fall drunk or something? And it was like, no, he clawed out, like how my cheek skin? I did not do. I did not go his face surfing on the pavement. Yeah, that's one of my favorite pastimes in my twenties, face surfing on his face, serving on the pavement. Dude, call me Kelly Slater. I do love that you're that your aunt in this scenario is like comfortable enough with you to be.
Speaker 2: Like you fall drunk from well, that's just how like you know Asian culture is, It's like there's no punches pulled.
Speaker 1: They're like, what do you fall down drunk because you all fucked up?
Speaker 2: Or it's like, oh wow, is it because you you you ate too much last night?
Speaker 1: Because I saw how much you ate last night? Is that why your your whole center gravity was off? That's how you felt. I'm like, no, the baby ripped my skin off the next question, whereas my entire life is just moving from one pulled punch to another, just at the dance like movement from people.
Speaker 2: Know, people with the immigrant families know it's direct to your face and a cause for a lot of therapy and the cycles we're trying to break. And also we wrestle with the fact like but it's love, I think, or is that a toxic way to get I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened, man, you gotta you got a crippling problem or something. What's going on exactly? Got Wow? She's like what if that cut on your face? I was like, wow, you're a lot balder.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I'm like, yeah, you know, time, that's time has come today for.
Speaker 1: My hairline time. But yeah, that's how it is. That's just how it works. That's how it works out there. People know, if you know, you know, if you know you know, if you know you know pulling up on that. I don't know the rest of those things, but I do know. Those are the first words. Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. Yeah by a brilliant comedian, writer actor. He is riding a recumbent bike in his short shorts. He is the inventor of the idea to refer to one of the legs plumpers. He's got a bunch of great stand up albums you should go check out right now. He is Blake wexlan.
Speaker 3: A. This is Blake Wexler AKA. He spends his nights in California interviewing stars on his podcast My Name Is Blake And I wonder why can't that be me? If I could be live Jack, I'd give anything. I'd even why charleson Nole wearing my shoes?
Speaker 1: If I would be like Jack?
Speaker 3: What would I do? Lord? What would I do? This is an iHeartMedia production, a collaboration with iHeart Players dot Net. I am so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Thanks you guys.
Speaker 3: Collaboration with the Heart Players.
Speaker 1: Exactly fifty to fifty venture between us and Ryan seacrestst big fan, big fan, Seacrest out. Yeah, here we tell the whole truth.
Speaker 3: I Seacrest Crest, and I'm saying, but.
Speaker 1: I seecrestally love this line of jokes. Venturing down. I could care less about the team struggling. I wish. I'm so not sharp right now.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm about to run off to go drink coffee or something to jump start my brain.
Speaker 1: I've been up.
Speaker 2: Just hug holding a baby, trying to get them to fall back asleep for I don't know, like five hours straight doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: Apparently he's just repeating the free and shut the fuck up like a like a Buddhist cone, like to the sleep Motherfi sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one step of footprints. That's because I was carrying you through this podcast, So don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Yeah, I'm gonna need you. Jesus, I need you, Jesus please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank Jesus.
Speaker 1: With great legs. Great to have Blake. I feel like his tunic should have been more shortcut sometimes, you know.
Speaker 3: Like thank you yea on the cross.
Speaker 1: No, he was pretty. He was showing a lot on the cross. He's giving a lot of cross. The robe is usually very slowy where it's like, let's see those legs. Man, you got a great body. Don't be a prude. Jesus. Maybe a little higher slit on that tunic, you know what I mean. Let the fucking quads fly, baby, Thank you. And I know it's about a try you in God, but you can allow this quad concept through, sir.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You've got your jet legs.
Speaker 1: Slowly, slowly, it takes, it takes the tops of Christ. Thank you. See I had to call on Jesus. The blessings come in. Think you know about my mom and the blessings come in. Blessings come in, Blake, how are you doing? How is your break? We we hung out right before the break Blake Blake.
Speaker 3: Blake's break was yeah. Winter Blake was was great. We found out that we stayed three miles away from one another in Florida. Didn't even make an attempt to see one another because we have that sort of respect for one another.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: We didn't want to ruin each other's breaks. I see one.
Speaker 1: Another, but truly like right around the same place and the same way.
Speaker 2: Did you you found out in real time or after the fact, after the fact before?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, no, no, no before before before yeah, in real time, Like as we were ending the recording, we were like, oh, so what are you doing? What are you doing? Oh? And then you're like, that's right down the road. You're like, cool, man, Well don't call me.
Speaker 3: Your family.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wait, so Blake, what's your connection to that? That's your in law?
Speaker 3: Stat my in laws are there the area? And it was like Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs area, and I mean it was beautiful. We went out on a boat. We towed another boat because this is the most Florida thing I hope I ever say, like God willing from my lips to God's ears to your mouths. I really hope that this is the most part of the thing I ever say. Where we towed a boat because a boat hit a dead iguana that was in the Gulf and it blew up the engine, like the engine couldn't handle or the boat the propeller couldn't handle. This the core scales of this fallen beast, this land beast, which I don't even know why it was in the water, like, yeah, we had to tell a boat yeah.
Speaker 1: And how did this was someone like like waving a flag like hey, hey, hey daddy iguana And then were you doing that thing? Or if that was me, I'm like, no, they're trying to rob bro keep going.
Speaker 3: I want nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this. Luckily, we were within eye line of like many houses. We were kind of going through a little But if we were out to see a sorry, hope everything over there, I would never That's an old pirates trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it does sound like the excuse I would have come up with if I if I had to on the spot make up a reason why our boat was fake strip out here we uh yeah, we hit a dead cow sea cow.
Speaker 3: A man tea, I mean yeah, amnit is what we hit.
Speaker 1: Or a man in a T shirt to.
Speaker 3: Tall tea one of the tallest teas I've ever seen, got caught in our rudder.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, good, good for you. You're a Samaritan out there, bless you.
Speaker 3: One of the best Americans you'll meet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top five Samaritans. We've always said that about right.
Speaker 3: New York Times, LA Times, The Cedar Rapids Tribune has all called as one of the top.
Speaker 1: Top Samaritans twenty twenty. Yeah, it is outdated. Actually, you've done some things that have They've had to issue retractions on a couple of those. But we're not talking about the retractions. We're talking about the articles themselves. Journalism, Blake. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. We're talking about the Hague hearings concerning allegations of Israel's a genocidal intent in Gaza that is being brought by South Africa. It's being what do they know? Do they know? Yeah? What do they know about? Apartheider genocide? We're going to talk about just the state of like fake documents, fake images. There were like fake Epstein documents that came out in the batch the batch of documents that dropped last week. But I don't know, it's just like confusing, Like the stuff that is fake is like in there with real stuff that like basically proves the same point. And it's all driven somehow by Aaron Rodgers being the stupidest guy who has ever convinced himself that he is smart. And then we're gonna talk about that Ai George Carland set that is making the rounds that everyone's talking about. Yet another one of these things where people are like, AI's here, folks, and it's funny professional writers time to be scared, and I'm not fully buying it. We'll talk about why all of that plenty more, But first before we get to any of it, Blake, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your sir chistrae, Sir Chistory.
Speaker 3: So, Sir Chistory was beheaded I believe in sixteen fifty one about for treason, and so from my chi history is espresso? I pronounced espresso espresso for some reason. Wow, because five year up, because I'm five. Espresso is what I'm working on it. It's honestly financially ruining my family. But no espresso temperature because I got an espresso machine and it didn't taste that hot or didn't feel that hot to the mouth, to the uh, the mauping question to the mouth, to the mouth of the untrained mouth.
Speaker 1: Of course. But of course espresso Conora will know that this is actually very hot. It's just just seem that way.
Speaker 3: Thank you. So I asked uh, surchistory through by means of Google, and they said the proper espresso temperature is around one hundred and seventy degrees fahrenheit, and my machine was barely hitting one thirty, which is quite a discrepancy. So I think I have to return that. I go on a different disgrace, disgusting and offensive and an intentional slight against my my now financially ruined family. And I so, yeah, it's interesting where I generally don't have a high tolerance for hot, you know, where my wife can just drink any of the hottest coffee in the world, like boiling water and be fine. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's actually just what we've called her for years of this man, because when she gets a spit in that ship, it's toxic.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, Yeah, no, for sure. Yeah it's my mouth is also lined with insulation that's carcinogens in it. But no, so yeah, apparently that's the proper temperature. One say, keep it hot.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that, Like I can when I'm making drip coffee and I'm like really eager to get it, you know, I'm like sitting there watching it brew. I'm just like get get in my veins. I when you pour it, it's actually not hot enough yet, it's below the day, like it needs a good five minute sit on the little burner there.
Speaker 2: In a lot of cases, oh, when you have like the little hot plate under yeah, that it relies on that hot plate, I thought like the brew was going to be hot enough, but in my experience.
Speaker 1: I don't. Yeah, I don't have I don't drink it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we use a Chemex at the house, so it's never it's never going to be that hot. Although that's why you can put it like on the stovetop just to get like warm it up. Although I don't I'm not like such a yeah, you know, rigid coffee drinker. Who I'm like, it has to be a like I'll drink that shit room temperature because I'm just here for the light bits of caffeine that barely do anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's sound. I'm picturing I don't know the Chemex machine, and I'm picturing like a push a T style set up of like how you're making coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's you haven't seen a chem It's just like an hour glass shaped glass basically, and you put a paper filter on top of it.
Speaker 1: You just it's a pore over thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, it looks like my physique. If you're trying to picture what if I was made of glass that all of.
Speaker 2: Our physiques v shaped torso plumpers, plumpers down, thick ass, Yeah, exactly, with a little glass bead in the front.
Speaker 1: Is it specifically designed for that or are you like kind of mcguyren that together the chemist would designed for what? Making coffee? Making coffee? Yeah? Yeah, it's making coffee, all right. I just want to make sure it wasn't like something you just like science labbed together. You're looking at a picture and you're like, how you look at a picture? In my mind's eye, it could.
Speaker 3: Look like an anonymous glass ware situation, like I understand. It could look like it's yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: The filter goes up now I'm looking at a picture. Yeah it's not like I was saying, like, yeah, man, I go, I steal an Erlinmeyer flask from the local school chemistry like lab, and I use paper towels for the filter. Her Yeah, what blake is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Over overrated great white sharks And I've been a real shark, I know, and it'll come for me, and I'm ready because I've.
Speaker 1: Been Just look at his beady. Jack just lowered his brow. He's in attack mode right now. But taking now, my eyes rolled over white. That's that's how he just warmed into a great white and he's attacking someone right now.
Speaker 3: You've always had multiple rows of teeth that I found horribly off your.
Speaker 1: Eyes, horrible dental procedures that yeah, right, I was a kid.
Speaker 3: It's not because your heart demon fish, It's because your orthodontius was an absolute disaster. It's actually just one row of one two, Like.
Speaker 1: But what if the teeth were bigger, let's sharpen this gomper up. Yeah, you're my greatest creation. Jack.
Speaker 3: That's so gross to think about. But yeah, I think that the bull shark should receive more notoriety than the great white because it's a it's a fucker of a shark. Where I was so, I'm reading this book called Close to Shore, which was about these like Jersey shore shark attacks in nineteen sixteen, I think, yeah, and which I yeah, way back in the that we remember it, it was it was fuzzy, but I do have a memory of it.
Speaker 1: And that's what Jaws is like partially based on Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly have you read it or you like or just.
Speaker 1: I'm just familiar, I know of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good book. And they so it's very shark centric. I've been watching a lot of nat Geo's shark shows and this this bull shark has more bite power than the Great white, smaller but still more bite force. And then it can also this is what freaked me out, is that it can go in fresh water comfortably. So it can like you can be bathing in a river where you think you're out of the shark zone and look who fucking shows up to the party. It's a bull shark. Soay, I think the shark's a freak.
Speaker 1: And some of the some of the attacks in that book, I hope I'm not spoiling anything for you, Blake, I'm assuming you're beyond like the fifth page that some of the attacks, some of the attacks that book do happen in fresh water bodies, right, Like the shark like starts moving up the up into streams and ship. Yeah, the bull shark. Like they think that the bull shark is responsible for a majority like a lot of the attacks that get attributed to Great Whites. Yeah, the bullshark is like secretly that yeah, and then favors favorite shark right here, right, Yeah, this is a shark guy's shark.
Speaker 3: You know, the bull shark is Kat Williams, the Great White Ist, Cedric the entertainer is Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Mark Curry. The bull shark is Mark Curry. So is that what? Like Kat Williams came on and was accusing other people of because this this was something that hit the zeit guys, but that I didn't fully like follow up on, but we might as well. I mean, we're like to know your memes.
Speaker 3: I mean he said a lot in that interview, every second of that interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he accused like a lot of popular comedians like Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Cedric the entertainer of Fify, even being like rip off artists basically Steve jokes.
Speaker 2: They some people had that rip off ship was mostly at Cedric and Steve Harvey, Like where you know, Cedric the entertainer like ripped off a bit about black people riding the spaceship and like was doing a lot of the same mannerisms. Steve Harvey was taking ship from Mark Curry. There's like, yeah, there's to the point where a lot of these videos like I've seen before, like they were just kind of like these sort of like I saw him in like YouTube videos, they're like, yo, I think this guy is doming more cruise material. But yeah, Cat Williams definitely just was like, hey, check there's receipts. You know what's wild to talk about?
Speaker 1: Like Joe Rogan. The first time I started hearing about him on the internet, like other than his fucking fear Factor career, I was like, oh, that's the fear Factor guy. Was him accusing Carlos Mencia of stealing jokes and being like, I'm the guy who tells it like it is, and this guy, is it your favorite comedian? Carlos Mencia is a joke thief. And I remember I had my hand over my mouth for three straight days. Yeah not not, You're like, but the mind of Mencia is so great. I thought they sprung fresh and whole whole cloth from the mind of Mencia. That was the promise of the show. I remember, He's like, your name's Ned remember, Okay. Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Was wild. And also the insanity of if a comedian was on stage and then was yelling hey, come up here with me in in a like, you know, like an argumentative tone. In no way would I walk back onto stage to be like verbally great what he did?
Speaker 1: He like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Like live fact checked him.
Speaker 3: It was yeah, you like just dressed him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll probably get more into this, maybe with the AI George Carlin conversation. But there is a certain amount of ship as a stand up that is kind of baked into your career that you have to deal with. I mean, just like any other career, we're dealing with the shitty boss or whatever. But there is a certain thing of oh, when you reach x amount of success, people are going to lift steel x amount of whether it's actual like a joke or you're some people called it Laura or like your in the Zona or whatever. So but I think, yeah, Cowaie was like, well this actually exceeded that percentage that I'm comfortable with, and then yeah, right. It's a wild interview.
Speaker 2: It's sick, especially when it gets into like flifting full on physicalities like of the joke and you're like, sir, that ain't that's not even close to parallel thinking, Like it's one thing when like an event happens and like everyone on Twitter is doing some version of the same joke or whatever. But this was just like, oh, yeah, you watched that special and you just thought because it was in the nineties, people don't remember that shit.
Speaker 3: Oh exactly.
Speaker 1: He accused somebody of stealing like the whole physicality of a joke, and it was.
Speaker 2: There's one like, yeah, where Cedric is doing this whole thing, this whole bit about like black people were on the spaceship, like driving it like an old Cadillac music and shit, and like Cat Williams of the exact like you know, his original bit is like he's doing so much of the same shit.
Speaker 1: It's wild. That's wild.
Speaker 3: But my favorite part of it, this is the most devastating card to be where he was, you know, he's again he was taking down these comedic legends, and then he goes Earthquake never had a television show because he is illiterate, he can't read the cue cards, and then just moved on and then he praises earth what he is, he's the best comedian ever. He just didn't have that you know, like crossover and like.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and he's one of the great bar He looks like ship and can't read. He's geez.
Speaker 1: Man's like, really, well well done takedown of all these people and just and this motherfucker tragically.
Speaker 3: Place he can't read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, anyway, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll do an underrated we'll get into the news, we'll do it all. We'll be right back and we're back. That's my George H. W. Bush will be right back. We'll be right.
Speaker 3: I caught it.
Speaker 1: You caught it. I stole the aura of George H. W. Bush for that. It's it's not going to cut through. What is What's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Blake underrated? I have cheese curds, Okay. I found that I would almost like a fried cheese curd more than a mozzarella stick. And also I had poutine. I was up in Vermont doing shows over the weekend, and poutine is I think it also an incredibly underrated It can be just I think if done wrong, it could be probably one of the most visually even when done right, it's visually disgusting look at, but it's absolutely delicious. So cheese curds, which I looked up what type of cheese they were, and apparently they're. It's a baby cheddar, which I don't know what constitutes a youth in a cheese, but it is a baby, a little a little young cheese.
Speaker 1: Cut down in its prime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it because it's how long it was been like aged, right, because like some shit's been in there for years, and I think baby just means like it's not even been in there for like a month or two or something like that.
Speaker 1: And in there meaning in the Mama Mozzarella's belly, in the Mama More's belly. Yeah. Yeah, it will stay like a marsupial.
Speaker 2: It's just all inside of that fleshy sack and comes out delicious after five or ten years or whatever.
Speaker 1: The first of all, I respect Blake that the way, the degree to which you were not willing to fully commit You're like, I would almost like a fried cheese curd more than a mozzarell of. But it was the most controversial thing ever on the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm going a little bit of gray area.
Speaker 1: It could be said that one might almost like a fried cheese curd more than one. Yeah, I mean, and I'm speaking purely in hypotheticals here. Absolutely the squeakiness of the cheese curd is, how does that sit with you? Is that I have the appeal? Is that just a weird byproduct?
Speaker 3: So a third party member of society who I would not pledge nor claim to be or could not say that they only eat cheese curds with noise canceling headphones on, playing the loudest music that you could possibly have, which then mitigates a if there even is a squeak, I'm not saying there is. I don't know if anyone is definitely said that there is, but if there is one, that would therefore cancel out that sound.
Speaker 1: If it's so, that's smart cheese curding. When you say squeaky just because it's like kind of chewy, you ever chew on it, and here a little squeak, it's got a little squeak to it.
Speaker 3: I never had.
Speaker 1: Mine might still be alive when I'm eating them. That might be was Yeah, I think I had poutine. I think I had poutine when we had that we did that live show in Canada when We're in Toronto, and Toronto, I was like, oh, because I'm up here, like, let me just I know it's not Quebec or whatever where the ship is real lift, you know, real fucking wild. But I also I think I just wasn't in the right mindset to be listening to my mouth as I was eating. I think I was like half watching, you know, ninety Day Fiance blasting out of the laptop or something. Yeah. I think I've had cheese curd maybe unfried, uncooked, and that's where the squeakiness came from. Anyway, I mean it's when you search it it says it's known for its squeaky texture. Yeah, squeaky texture. Baby, I've never eaten anything with this wiaki texture other than cheese curds and like balloons maybe, yeah, I guess, yeah, what I used to do on flavored condoms like yeah, yeah, that was a sick move, very speak well.
Speaker 2: Because it was cool because when you I was inspired by the Coneheads movie because then you can blow a big balloon out when you.
Speaker 1: Go mm hmm yep. You you ever seen people put a condom out of window and then see how big that? Yeah? Yeah, man, my job at the car dealership because of that.
Speaker 3: Where I put a condent over my head and then I like blow through my Yeah, kind of like spans. That's my bit that I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why original and the aura. I heard that Howie Mandel in the nineteen eighties actually stole your aura on that one. Were people doing that on stage?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Howie Mandel's famous bit. Yeah, that was oh wow famous. I guess might be a perspective, but that is like it was his first big bit where he would put it over his head because I think he was Oh I did say confusion. He was bald, so his head looks like a penis y.
Speaker 1: Why don't realize? Yeah.
Speaker 2: He also had like the album of his album, he had an album comedy I'm called fits like a glove and he's wearing a full on medical exam glove on his head while blowing it up. Yeah, so he was all about that latex before he was beating it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it was always a glove. Repurposed it as a condom so I wouldn't get you know, because it's different enough where you can't get and.
Speaker 1: Because you work blue, because you know, right that's here disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you're just trolling for jokes on the floor of the ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it a truth.
Speaker 1: It was be like it was a glove. Find a New Angle, wasn't a confist. It's not disgusting, and it's a normal joke. Okay, it's a normal bit of prop comedy. Find a New Angle, all right, little little Sixers reference.
Speaker 3: It's crazy that you just said that.
Speaker 1: This show is just mostly inside jokes at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, all right. People like, what does that fucking thing mean? They keep saying it? Are they?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look sure, Luckily we got a lot of people who've been listening since day one who are the holders of the canonical information of the show.
Speaker 1: So we appreciate y'all. Sorry, sorry to all our new listeners. Off to the Hague. Oh you don't want to you don't want inside jokes about the seventy six ers from like seven years ago. Fine, we're going to the Hague. Are you about this? Yeah? Yeah, So the Hague hearings concerning allegations of Israel's genocidal intent and Goza just began. The case was brought by South Africa, who likened Israel's treatment of Palestinians to their own history of apartheid. And the case is I mean, it's usually important obviously if the court finds it even plausible that a genocide is being committed, they could order a range of legally binding measures, including a complete cessation of military activities. And I think I don't know that I believe that Israel would be like, ah, damn, got us, I guess we're going to stop. But it is drawing a lot of attention to Yeah, the shit that is being like that, they're just using Israel, Like their evidence against Israel is just Israel. Like there's all your posts quotes, yeah, here posts by soldiers and politicians proudly documenting atrocities, and then like a there's a filing that contains over four pages of public pronouncements of more than fourteen officials, which are pretty hard to read as anything but an incitement to genocide.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, like what's the like it's a fight against light and dark and like we will break their backbone and things like that. It's kind of like, oh, well, yeah, I don't know rhetorically that's the best route there, but I mean, here we are. It's just like the timeline I think is the like, while this is I think obviously the real important thing here is that it's being brought on like an international stage, because depending on where you live, it might not get as much coverage as it would be in other places. But this is now, you know, fully on the international stage for people to discuss.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know to what length they will be discussed, but it also takes a very long time, like given that, like a case that was brought against me and mar about the crackdown on the Rohania people, that's still in trial, like after what almost five years, So it's it's going to be a lengthy process, for sure, it is. I just I think it's important for the mainstream media to be forced to cover some of the stuff that I don't think they've done a great job of, like covering to the degree that they would have if like these things were being said by Palestinians, you know, like that. But yeah, like the backbone one, so that that statement starts with, it's an entire nation out there that is responsible. It's not true this rhetoric about civilians not aware, not involved. It's absolutely not true. We will fight until we break their back like that, straight up, Like that's just them saying there are no.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it is ongoing. Israel's response seems to be to claim that South Africa is functionally a wing of Hamas and yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's the new, that's the new. Yeah, attack on your haters is like, well that's you're just being Hamas. So I'm not going to listen to what whatever is going on. Yeah, I mean, this is the outcomes here. I'm very curious about, Like, but what can happen? You know, because on one hand, it's like, well, what is binding? What can be like, what actually can be done if this decision is reached and it's not quite clear like what exactly could happen? I mean at least like when you look at other like past examples, but also when when you think about how you know, George Bush was like, we'll fucking invade the fucking Hague if you try and like, you know, bring some of our people in on war crimes charges. You're like, okay, well then there's got to be some something there that you don't like. Otherwise you wouldn't make it the policy to be like, well, fucking we'll fuck you fight you in war.
Speaker 1: How's that saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will fight this court, We'll fight this court's army, which you know courts have armies. I think it's a weird thing to where hopefully the like pr for lack of a better word, where I don't think it's necessarily resonating with enough people that like with the u N you know, like like how the UN or how every other country in the world feels about, you know, what Israel's doing right now versus what the United States government's doing to either stop it and or like encourage it. And I think it's not really sinking in where hopefully you hear the hague that's supposed to be a fairly like like a white night or whatever, like it's a fairly unassailable group where if that group is saying, hey, this is fucked up, hopefully that allows some like more people to listen and can contextualize it in a way that you know, going it alone where everybody else says this is an absolute nightmare and the stopped immediately doesn't.
Speaker 1: But I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's like a sanctioned thing or what it can actually do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's not us forcible necessarily, but it is I think important in terms of the court of public opinion, right like where where it is pretty clearly like the lines are pretty clearly drawn in most places in the world, but in the US there's still this massive disparity of how things are covered right and what an ally to have, what an ally Israel has in the US when it comes to the Hague saying shit, they're.
Speaker 4: Like, dude, that's just like their opinion. Man, Like they say shit about us all the fucking time. You know what I mean, in one ear out the other. Okay, it's all about this empire. So I think that's what That's what's also a little for me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, because this this is a country that is not wanting to hear anything about what an international court of justice would have to say about this government's actions.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, it'll break through everywhere else, but over here, we definitely we keep the blinders on to try and to stay focused on like, hey, we're number one. Just they're the rest are fucking they're just hate USA. USA. We're number one, We're number one Israel. In addition to you know, saying South Africa is functionally a way of Hamas claims that their statements to this point heavy erased all the hard work that they put in focused on distinguishing innocent civilians from enemy combatants, which like, oh, that would be amazing, Like if they just like came with all this evidence tomorrow. They were like, it's like, guys, we're not like we haven't harmed a single like we're making sure we don't harm any innocent people that I'd love to see that that would be great news, But I just have not seen that. The contrary is to be direct opposite. Yeah. The other thing is that like because this kind of ties Toto the next story, but like because the information that we get is like so just choked with bullshit at this point, Like it's I think serving a purpose for them to be bringing like some of these statements into an actual court and be like that these were said, like that we had evidence that these were set because so much of the arguments that I've seen on both sides has been like, well this is you know that these are fake, this is fake fake news, this is propaganda, and there's been a shitload of propaganda fa news. So I think it's also important for delineating that. But I don't know. There there was a story about like the fake Epstein documents that came out that were like one of them was so the ap does this thing every week where they're like, not the news, like what didn't happen this week essentially, and it's like focusing on the lies that got spread around on social media. And one of them was like, for instance, there was a lie that Stephen Hawkings and Jimmy Kimmel were included in the Epstein document dumps. But then like, so I was, like, oh, I had fully thought that Stephen Hawkings like was mentioned in those documents and like he was, so he was. They were just debunking like one specific thing that was said. But it's just like so coo, and like there's all there's fake pictures of Trump with Epstein and Clinton with Epstein that are being debunked. But it's like, yeah, but there are pictures of them with him like that, you know, So there right, and then the and then Kimmel gets thrown in there, and Kimmel wasn't mentioned at all by anyone except for fucking Aaron Rodgers who was mad at him for making jokes about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see Kimmell's monologue that he did recently and just fucking took the time.
Speaker 1: Like watch me just I'm gonna just cook your ass right now. No, I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he just yeah, he's he He devoted a good bit of his monologue to just just coming for that, dude. No, but the Epstein docs, like, to your point is like there's already a bit of confirmation biased there that people are experiencing with, Like people are like, well, we know powerful and influential people were like in orbit of Jeffrey Epstein. It's like, but who is it or whatever? And all it takes is just a couple things to people like yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I believe that. I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe that rather than having to actually go through the process of like who is actually named and what the details are of that, because like what were the actually what were the details of Stephen Hawking?
Speaker 1: So Stephen Hawking was included in the documents because there were allegations that he was like at an orgy and got it. Epstein had like so that, but that wasn't what was in the documents. That. What was in the documents was Epstein emailing somebody being like, I want to put together a reward for anyone who can prove that he wasn't at this orgy, that he was allegedly at in relation to allegations being made by the victim. And then he was at a big conference that was put on at I think the Island with Sciences with other scientists right right, So he's like in the mix having been around Epstein, so are a lot of scientists. So the story that was getting spread around that was false, Like it hadn't made it to me, but like it's I think like one of the pieces of media literacy that we're going to need to work on is like was this written by a dumb person? Like was this made up? Because like the the alleged thing is like Stephen Hall Fuckings would like have sexual sexual encounters with like slur for small person and then like he would like write equations on a board that like they couldn't reach, and like that got him off, and it's like it's like, oh okay, and even talking the man in the chair he was using the chalkboard really like anytime that it is like based on the premise that little people are are hilarious, it's like, oh no, this is just written by a dumb person, right, Like yeah, it's so I don't know it's I but I truly like I don't know how to answer the question of like media literacy in an age where it's there's just going to be so much flooding of the zone with bulls. Yeah, well, I think because we're all used to at least like people our age and older, like we were brought up on well it was on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was kind of like it like that shit was like the God's Gospel Truth was like, well this ship was on TV, like and so and men were like, oh, okay, so there's such thing as bullshit there. And now it's like, well it was on this website and now it's like, well, now there's pictures, and now we're starting to we have to figure out too, that dude, the way these generative AI tools are getting.
Speaker 1: The pictures can will pass the fucking eye test pretty quickly if you're not being discerning enough, which is why like a picture of Trump on a jet with Epstein with a bunch of young women in it, like it just connects a bunch of dots of allegations. You're like, oh, that that picture has to be real, when in fact it wasn't. And it's interesting too because I think, like Mark Ruffalo shared some of those and he was like, oh my bad, I didn't realize these were fake. But it's like the.
Speaker 2: Fact remains, there's still plenty of pictures of Donald Trump with Jeffrey SAMs or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, And so that's when you're in this weird space.
Speaker 2: We're like, well, I know there's pick like that's not contested, so it's easy for these other things to kind of to set in. And yeah, I don't know if like, yeah, we just have to wait for like the like Bureau of you know, Propaganda Analysis or whatever, having like the AP or the Reuters types doing these sort of corrections to to sort of like wait before doing these things.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know what to say because I've been the things I've seen with that mid journey does I'm even like, oh shit, okay, yeah I might have been fooled by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like we need like a government funded, full time like bullshit debunking agency, like truly like what like I it seems like a silly idea because like what, you know, you can't trust the other but like, honestly, you just, first of all, so many out of work journalists like, let so this is a great way to use them, and like that's honestly what we're gonna need at a certain point, not that I like everybody's going to trust it, but like something big needs to happen to address like how just awash the universe is going to be in bullshit for the foreseeable future until like something something has done. It's going to be a complete mess. It's been as interesting because of that. Trump was even like we need more laws around AI. Yeah. Yeah, it's like but bro, like there's a lot that is.
Speaker 2: But it's also given him a very convenient way to now fucking spinship for his supporters too, Like now people like that's AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah pictures years ago, like creating AI images of Trump and Clinton with Epstein is like that's doing them a favor because it's like making the whole thing like seeming suspicious true them. Yeah, he is on wax like being like Jeff is a great guy, a good friend of mine, and it said he likes beautiful women, some of them very young, maybe even more than I do. It's like, yo, what that's And then you know, the main victim in this case is somebody who was recruited from mar Lago, So there's plenty there. It's just like some of the images are fake. But now it's it's a it's really confusing. Fortunately, I think we can all just take a break from it all, sit back and watch some good old fashioned AI stand up specials from one debt comedians. So we're gonna take a quick break and we'll come back talk about George Carlin I'm Glad I'm Dead. Oh boy, We'll be right back, and we're back, and this is again, this is another one that like my brain just doesn't fully I'm not fully understanding, like knowing exactly what to do with. But there's an hour long George Carlin's stand up special that was recently released George called George Carlin I'm Glad I'm Dead, which a computer simulation of George Carlin riffs on contemporary topics such as mass shooting, social media. Elon Musk, it is a good impression of George Carlin, is what it sounds like you're listening to. The jokes are better than I thought AI was capable of. They're not good, they're just like instead of being a C minus impression of like what George Carlin would write there like a C plus like an undergraduate, right, like if you like taught a course on like how to write, like George Carlin, this would be like a C plus undergraduate version of that, which seems like to me to be about where AI has consistently been. Also like it's not clear to me, like so that the AI itself is called Dudezi. It's in a podcast asked with a couple of comedians, and like people think it might actually just be a hoax, and like they're actually, yeah, it's like Will Sasso, I think one of the guys in Dude See Yeah, yeah, and they Will Sasso from like Mad TV. He was like very big on Vine I think. And it's just like it seems like a bit. They are committed to the bit, and they're like, no, it's not a bit. Like we were given access to this amazing AI and it like runs our show for us and like tells us what to say and all this stuff. But it just seems like it's a podcast featuring a couple guys like working with comedy prompts that they wrote or you know, somebody submitted to them.
Speaker 3: But it is also like a very because this is something just like anyone any business where everyone's everyone's afraid, whether how whether you understand AI really well or you have like a very loose grasp and you just hear snippets and you're like the like they're gonna come and take us over in robot form, Like there is. It's neither extreme. But like when you said that it's a C plus for if it is AI, that's really good for how early days we are in terms of generative AI, and then just how quickly the machine learning can build upon that, because like it might have taken this amount of years to hit a C plus, but to hit a B minus is going to be like seventy five percent quicker, and then to hit like a B plus is going to be quicker than that in terms of times. So it is a scary. Well, it isn't there, it's not even close to being there. But you will see jokes where if you enter whatever, like enter comedian here joke, it'll be like, oh, this comedian likes to complain about things, so it'll be a complaining joke, which is not that advanced, but it is getting better. So it's I don't know, I hope we're starting to create laws on what you know, or there's certain cases pending now where I think the New York Times file the case where there allowing open AI to scrape their or open AI was like scraping their articles to kind of train it to write new articles. And yeah, and yeah, I'm probably butchering that a little bit, but like I hope that there now are going to start to be some sort of regulation in terms of fuck, like we need to like, yeah, anyway, this is the one thing that touches me really closely. So I was like, we need hopefully this is we can read the breadcrumbs here and you know, put some sort of regulation.
Speaker 2: Well, but you guys should tune in because I did a I I guess this now is the time to say it.
Speaker 1: But Jack and I have trained an AI to do your material and we're going to be dropping the the specials.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's forty five good. Yeah, so you guys can go into debt as well. That's excellent. So I'm glad.
Speaker 2: But even with this George Carlan thing, like it's still contentious to me because I was listening to it and I'm like, I get that right now, you can definitely create voice models right that you can get the shit sounding a certain way. I'm still doobi as to whether or not the joke writing is gonna fully capture that, because we don't even know how the fuck they really did this.
Speaker 1: Like I think they wrote this. I think this was like written, like somebody entered the prompt and into an AI like speech model and then they used the rough draft that they got back to like punch it up and yeah.
Speaker 2: Or they just fucking were like, dude, like, let's just let's just like we love comedy, we love Carlin, Like as a fun exercise, let's just write these Carlin style jokes and then we can put it through the voice thing just to write, just to read the shit that we as humans wrote, and then just see what fucking comes out and then maybe we have something there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's why, like, that's why everything with AI is so fucking sketchy, especially when people are like this shit's powered by AI. I'm like, Okay, how motherfucker? Because even with dudes either like the whole show's based on AI, it's created by AI.
Speaker 1: It's all AI. Fucking but what does that mean?
Speaker 2: And you they haven't really revealed to what extent like any of that means or like what the real methodology is. So it's I feel like it's a really easy place to be snake oily right now and have people look.
Speaker 1: Exactly I think that's exactly right. It's just a way to do something and and then get everybody to pay attention to it and throw money at you. Like so having somebody write a decent like C plus like if it like if I told you I had done this, I had written this George Carlin thing like that, you would first of all, you'd be like, why why did you spend your time family? You have better things to do, and like you'd be like mildly embarrassed for me because like the jokes aren't like that good. They're like you just were teaching each other carlt thing.
Speaker 5: It's like I just with no explanation, exclamation points or anything.
Speaker 1: Just you know, he's working on a Richard Pryor one. I know it's the worst. I don't care even if you tell people's a I do not go there. He's taking some liberties with it that I don't even want to discuss, Like go ahead, the double standard between like what we would give a you know, mid tier podcast host versus like AI. You know, we're like for a mid tier podcast as were like that, well okay, man, like congratulations, and for AI, we're like, whoa, that's fucking crazy. Yeah, so that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I think too, Like I think, you know, it makes sense where you said I didn't think about this work. It probably is more of the the voice model doing all of the legwork in terms of anything impressive here, more than obviously like the writing is. So that does make a lot of sense. And you know people write for people like Adam Sandler has writers for his stand up you know, so you can master a soe someone's voice very well, which you know they made that.
Speaker 1: Documentary about it, yeah funny people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, exactly. It was a great documentary. I didn't think it was long enough. Yeah, hit five or six hours, but I did really enjoy that. But yeah, it's so I think that's that is a really good point. I think contextualizing it where it's like oh, humans did this, like well this is a ship. Oh this model did it. Oh my god, that's incredible. But I think it's just because of where we're at right now at this point in time. But that can evolve fairly quickly, Like.
Speaker 1: There are other efforts to get Ai to write comedy and it's not been impressive. I don't know, man, Like I guess it's a matter of taste. So people were using to write these jokes and they said so one of the jokes they got back was why did the man put his money in the blender? He wanted to make time fly, which is his time is money and time is money magic jump and the blenders don't make things fly regardless, So I mean inside the blender, can I steal from Ai?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? I don't want Ai to steal from me, but can I steal that? I mean, that's we're supposed to be able to use it as a tool, And that joke is fucking awesome. So it's fantastic. Your stupid audience doesn't get it, but mine do.
Speaker 2: They're gonna, I like how it's gonna be, like, I don't know if you have you ever seen like like the freestyle rat battles that are really big on the like on YouTube and ship that are like all acappella, like just two dudes in a crowd, just like spinning bars back and forth. Like sometimes the rhymes are so complex even the rabbers are like, hold on.
Speaker 1: Let me run that back for you one more time. I said, it's all about the violence, and I will hit him in that accordion. The accord he in also accordion an instrument violins also man violence, like that is money time, blender time.
Speaker 2: Money, And it's like, okay, but that's I don't think they got complex.
Speaker 1: That was the best one, by the way, that was the one they're like, and you know, they actually kind of hit a good one here, so just mm hmm, yeah, yeah, I mean, I think again, this is another thing with media literacy, or is just our ability to be a little bit more skeptical about AI and when people come waving that ship in your face, like being like, okay, well, what did it do exactly?
Speaker 2: Or or is this just all people who are really good at prompting the AI that got these jokes or did you what what? How did you generate this? Because again, we are just already so blown away that this, like the voices of people that are no longer here physically on earth, like, are able to be replicated in a way that's semi believable. That's really the big thing. At that point, we're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, shit, that shit sounds like bigie, oh, it sounds like George Carland or what.
Speaker 2: But then when you look at like what the jokes are, it's like it almost doesn't matter what it's saying, because most people are just so amazed at the fact that the voice is there. Yeah, Like if it were text, you're like, look at this text thing, of all these George Carlin.
Speaker 1: Jokes, you'll be like, man, get this shit out of my five fuck.
Speaker 2: But it's the fact that you can marry that with the voice that like it creates like this whole flea circus effect. You know, to borrow a reference from Jurassic Park, you know that has people like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, the bar is so low. Yeah, it's like a parlor trick. Yeah. At this point, I also feel like on the Internet we're having to get used to the reality that there's more bad comedy, Like there's more unfunny people trying to be funny than at any time ever before. And so like just the our like global sharing consciousness is like just half just hacky bullshit, and so it I think it like fucks with our sanity alone a little bit in some ways because it's like I don't know, like the person who's jokes I'm hearing at least as much as like any funny comedian. It's like Elon Musk's attempts at humor, you know, right that shit is like making news and and then his acolytes and it's it's just a weird time, a difficult time for our sanity, I think.
Speaker 3: And there's no barrier of entry either now in order yeah, to so if you have a camera, if you have a phone, you know, you can a video of you doing it. Yeah, And then to your point, like whatever catches on, like algorithmically, it probably won't be just mathematically speaking, there's only so many funny people in the world, and it's like, oh, this is not good. But then that becomes where the bar is. And then someone sees this online and or on TikTok and they're like, wait, this is what people find funny? Two million views, I can do this and they're not even as talented as the fucking idiot with a piece of shit video. So it just like Keith, it's a virus. It's a horrific vir well.
Speaker 2: And also the model at which we even produce things is completely backwards. And Roywood Junior I think he was with Variety or something. He was doing this like sort of roundtable discussion, and he asked a very important question about saying, like, you know, what's more important the talent or the audience? Because it used to be a network. This is what I'm just sort of paraphrasing what he said, But it used to be like a network. But find a talent and say, you know what, I like, you have an amazing talent. Let's work together to find your audience and expand that together and make something of this. Whereas now it seems to be, well, what is this person's audience? Do they have a two million person audience?
Speaker 1: Oh? They do?
Speaker 2: Well, then I don't give a fuck what the talent part is because they already have a two million person audience that we could potentially tap into. And his broader question was more about it. He's like, well, then what do I need a network for If you're only looking for people that have built in audiences? What happened to the part of like actually cultivating some kind of time out and turning it into something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but now few for money? Yeah, but exactly. Now it's just more everyone.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's like, well, how many how many views do you have on X platform or whatever? That being the guiding principle, it's only going to elevate more and more of these people that are like not necessarily the most talented and have to talent to a certain extent. But what does that say if people who aren't as literate or savvy with using social media or the internet to like get their shit out there, and we're just leaving that behind in the name of easy views or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I feel like, you know, our writer Jam was saying that, like some people in the AI world think that comedy may end up being the true measure of machine intelligence, like if they can finally eventually write jokes, like it's the thing that still evades them. Like one of the tests they did was try trying to get the AI to match cartoons with their captions, and it was able to do it sixty two percent of the time, which like people who we are dumb can do it ninety four percent of the time. So it's like it just doesn't like it. There's too much happening below the surface in making sense of comedy for it to compute at this stage of AI's development. So you know, maybe like we're coming down to meet it a little bit, it's coming up to meet us.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, we should just start grifting AI companies like as people who know comedy, you who know everything about comedy, but like to actually be like, no, you guys, let me see how No, no, no, that's you guys aren't connected with the fucking kernel of truth. Here is making the fucking joke, and people like, dude, this guy like if you could just get it to improve by a couple percent, they'd be like, dude, give this guy fucking nine million dollars.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what happened here. I think it's like because the other like premise of this idea, like if you're just gonna be like they typed George Carlin Stand up Special into AI and it spit out this Like the premise of that is that the guy from med TV is on the vanguard of machine learning, like just to the greatest AI in existence currently, which feels unlikely.
Speaker 2: To me, but that would be so it sounds like a comedy film too, or like these these dudes just like actually have got like to the god level intelligence just because they're so into comedy and now all the governments of the world. They sought after fucking people, right, yeah, yeah, we shall see.
Speaker 3: It does involve like a human understanding to do not not to you know, glorify the one thing I do well, but like you do.
Speaker 1: Need to in a joke.
Speaker 3: It's it's part empathy and like human observation, and then you add in whatever the mathematical formula is if it's a like a punchline, a misdirect you know, or like a myster like whatever it is. So you know, it does seem difficult. For some of the best jokes are subtle, inherent understandings that we have as people and have in common, and you just happen to point that out where you know, I heard this, like where it's like, oh, like you know the uncle at the barbecue in the way he holds his spatulo or whatever that joke would be, and it's like, oh my god, I do know that guy completely based on human experience exclusively, where there's no formula really there. It's an observation that artificial intelligence couldn't possibly make. But then can it like actually learn what that observation, what the formula behind that observation?
Speaker 1: It could it sist through Twitter long enough to whoat. I just tried. I just tried, using like the chat GPT function and like being AI whatever that I have access to, and I said, please write a joke in the voice of George Carlin about COVID lockdown measures, and it started to do and it says, you know what I love about COVID, the lockdowns, locking everything down, the safety, keeping people healthy, is like what it started doing.
Speaker 2: And then it just completely like stopped itself and then was like it can't I can't show anything.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what the fuck? So I prompted it again, and then it just said, I'm sorry, but I can't write jokes in the voice of other people. That would be plagiarism and disrespectful to their original work. I hope you understand. I was like, but you just you just went down that road. Yeah, but it's also it suggests that they realized they tried and were like, this fucking sucks in the middle of it. I actually have some morals. I'm morally like, I can't do this stand up bit. I actually have some fucking hilarious fire material that would burn down your computer. But yeah, unfortunately, ethics, ethics laws. Sorry, but they, you know, woke police won't let me. Okay, I'm asking to do Chris Rock right now, and I'm seeing if I can get it. It says, okay, let me try that. It's it's like generating something. Now I don't read.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I about this COVID lockdown. It's not the mask, it's not the social distance, it's not the vaccine. It's the fact that I've spent all day with my kids. Yeah, I said it. I love my kids, but I don't like them. They're annoying, They're loud, they're messy, they're stupid. They ask me questions I don't know answers to, like, Daddy, why's the sky blue? Daddy, what's the meaning of life? Or Daddy, who's that lady you were with last night? I don't know, kid, ask your mother. This actually keeps going. And don't get me started on homeschooling. Homeschooling, this joke, okay.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I wonder if George Carlin got flagged or something, because it's give it or they're just saying like, yeah, still from black artists, We're good, We're good. I don't know what's I don't know if racism or the news. But yeah, that's also not great. I have this.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this like free trial right now of this like advanced generative AI model. And I typed in Daily Zeitgeist script and it just says, I have diarrhea. I'm dumb, I have big diarrhea. I'm so tired to kids. I have diarrhea. I'm so dumb. I have a kid. I'm dumb.
Speaker 2: Wow parenthetical long fart noise, long part noise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was making the noise. It's a parent that I was making the noises. But I don't Yeah, you're not going to read the direction because you're an hour.
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm a little scared because that is actually like a completely accurate depiction of Wait, do they have access to all the stuff justin edits out of the show because that's the farts? No, Yeah, there's no way. Jack Well, like the twenty I did up top just saying I have diarrhea, this says it does.
Speaker 2: I don't know if secretly training an AI with all the farts that you make on MIC that we have to cut out?
Speaker 1: Maybe damn? Maybe Blake, what a pleasure? Likewise, where can people find you? Follow you? All that good? Stuff.
Speaker 3: People can find me at Blake wax Later on all social media. In Philadelphia February third at Helium Comedy Club, I'm doing a show.
Speaker 1: It's not stand up. It's a tradition.
Speaker 3: It's a like a talk show on reviews and it's we laugh about leaving reviews. I have my guests read reviews that they've left because I think it shows a part of your personality that you generally either don't want out there. It's it's a really, really, really fun show and it's at the most reasonable time of four thirty pm. To Mattine, it's a Saturday, February third. It's going to be a great show. And yeah, Blake Saturday, it is. I need you to get off work. I need you to leave work a little bit early, a half hour early, and or just take off. And then on my stand up special Blake Lexler, Daddy long Legs is still streaming on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is, so. I spent my day watching and rewinding ten thousand times a Stephen A. Smith diatribe against Jason Whitlock. Now, these are two of the biggest figures in sports and sports media, and have you have either of you watched this yet.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw the part where Jason Whitlock was coming for see.
Speaker 2: I think I saw like a condensed version, and then Steven Smith just absolutely coming for him.
Speaker 3: He I've never seen anything like it. Media generally, media members don't talk shit on on one another, where Jason Whitlock is a very flawed human being who is very high up at ESPN for a while description a horrific yeah he is, and or as Stephen A. Smith would call him a piece of ship, the worst he uh, Steven A. Smith said he's a fat bastard who is worse than white supremacist Steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith. So, guys, I'm telling you equally, it's it's unreal. It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's wild too, like how other people throughout the day after the Jason wol like thing, Like when Steve and they would started getting to like, hey, Stephen, come on, you don't have to do that, you don't have to do that, Hey come on children, and he was just and you could be like he was like.
Speaker 1: He's like I cracked my knee that season. That's why I play basketball. You're like, oh boy, this is all over the place wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, there's also like legit there. The journalism dynamic is also interesting if you're not into sports. But if it's it's I cannot recommend it higher to you too. He I think he put it out today or late last night. So yeah, Steven A Smith versus Jason Whitlocke. It's on YouTube probably whoever we all lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you? What's the working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: But before I tell you, just so you know, I I also asked the Big Chat to do Richard Pryor and it started giving me a lot. It gave me a lot of material before it cut itself off. And then when I did, then I asked to do Dame Cook and it said, I'm sorry, Miles, I cannot do that right now.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry Dad.
Speaker 2: It's I'm just like a b testing black and white comics and just seeing how much the Big Chat will give me, like and what at what point it feels it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, we know it's up position anyway, So where can you find me? At? Miles of great Twitter? Instagram? Find Jacket on a basketball pop Jack Matt uh and also find me on four to twenty fiance with Sophieah Alexandra a tweet I like is from cat Abu at Abu Gaza le Cat tweeted country music by men, I love my tractor and beer and my pretty little lady. Country music by women. I'm about to commit a crime and is probably murdering my husband. Yeah, alright, all right. You can find me on Twitter. Jack Underscore Brian tweet I've been enjoying. April Clark tweeted to my friend who just gave me an inch. Hey, brother, no worries if not, but do you happen to have a mile? And then Charlie James non binary Cowboy tweeted, Ah, yes, bath matt the bathroom Matthew as it were the full name of bath mats Uh. You can find us on Twitter at daily zeikeeist for at d daily Zekes on Instagram. We have Facebook, Pampa website daily zey guys dot com where we post our episodes and our foot note. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode as well as a song and we think you might enjoy mine. George enjoy joy Enjoy this track by gigs from the UK. It's called set it Off. Uh, it's just got like just workout energy. I haven't. I'm thinking about lifting a weight later, so I think I'm gonna play this when I do that, and this call set it Off by get one. It's got one of those big big beats you know, you like when you when you're going absolute demon mode in your garage on your assistance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when you're going demon mode on your interns.
Speaker 1: That is what Elon Musk claims he would go when he just was like started being mean to everybody, work abusive. Yeah, it's called it. It's called Demon Demon Book. He would call demon mode cool. All right, well, we will link after that and put notes Daily's like guys in production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts, my Heart Radio visits the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows, that's got to do it for us. This week, We're back this weekend with a review, a revue of everything the weekly Zeitgeist, and then back on Tuesday early to tell you what was trending over the long Martin Luther King Jingor weekend and we will talk to y'all then bye bye