Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And on the day after Christmas Day, it is a dark, dreary day here in North Texas. Man, I drove through four torrential downpours on my way to the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: I just came from about ten miles away and I hit two at least at least two fronts.
Speaker 3: So there are not football players on the football field to day outside they are inside at Ford Center and.
Speaker 2: Parking places out there, Yes, there is.
Speaker 3: So do people just take off all week? Regular people? They just write? How do they work that? As far as well, because vacation days holidays.
Speaker 5: Have the NFL season or Christmas, I should say, in the middle of the NFL season. Who came up with that idea?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've heard that before.
Speaker 3: I've heard that complain before to talk to the big man. Yeah, but I just don't understand how they take extra vacation time this week. I mean I just don't understand or the companies just shut down.
Speaker 2: For the week.
Speaker 5: I believe that's the true.
Speaker 2: Affiliated with sports Man, Yeah, sports.
Speaker 5: Look at it this way. You're lucky because you didn't have to cover any of those games.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: Could have been going somewhere, right.
Speaker 4: If we were going somewhere, I'd love to go somewhere. We were about to go to the playoffs, I wouldn't mind it.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Well one of us worked yesterday, Well call it work. You didn't work Tuesday though, Uh no, I did not, so you left it to And that's exactly right. And Nate, Nate and I.
Speaker 5: Had the referee Nate, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What was going on with him?
Speaker 5: Hey, Nate was trying he was onto the future, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Nate Man. Nate likes to mess with spags.
Speaker 5: Onto the future challenged him. I don't about any salary caps. Make it work.
Speaker 2: So they sounded like textram a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, before we go to the future. What was the favorite? What was the favorite? Your favorite site yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's easy, but Beyonce.
Speaker 5: I second the most, not only sight but listening.
Speaker 3: Yes, that wasn't where I was going, but.
Speaker 5: You asked, Look, I had it written on my notes.
Speaker 3: My Andy Gredd the in the locker room changed.
Speaker 2: I heard about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was awesome. So it was like it was like Kelsey and Mahomes come into the locker room and they got some sort of Christmas jacket on or something. I'm not sure, and so and so they're waiting the arrival of the head coach, and turns out it's the arrival of Santa Claus. Of course Andy Reid is there. You can look up, look up there on your spring, your right shoulder there. Ever, soon you can see them walking into the locker room. Way on. They're the whole thing. But I thought that was classic. Uh how about them fifteen and one and that was there all outside of yesterday they were all one score wins I think.
Speaker 5: And that was dominating against the team was trying to win their division.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that defense very impressive, guys. You saw what That's the formula. That's going to be the formulive formula going forward. Let that defense just keep giving my man a chance.
Speaker 5: Well you better watch out for that Baltimore defense.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. And that Baltimore quarterback.
Speaker 5: Would they give up a fifteen foot jump shot?
Speaker 2: They finished mid mid range two points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, Yeah, that's rare that you don't even see that in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, that was in Houston, by the way. In Houston, there's.
Speaker 3: A team that already clinched their division and just limping into the playoffs literally sadly now with Tank Dell's injury.
Speaker 5: But the Cowboys got them too soon.
Speaker 2: So what are we talking here? Guys? Are we talking Josh Allen? Are we talking?
Speaker 3: Lamar Jackson?
Speaker 2: Jackson? Are we talking? I wouldn't say my homes this year?
Speaker 5: Barkley Henry, Wait, you could have run through them holes he was running through in that game. There's nobody within three yards of either side. I mean, how does he get holes like that?
Speaker 3: You're talking about Henry? Yeah, yeah, okay, you're talking about against Houston.
Speaker 5: Yes, my lord, I mean you could have run through them. Now, maybe you only got five yards, get ten or fifteen?
Speaker 2: I get touched, right, I'm going.
Speaker 3: Now for I got to I had a problem yesterday and not being able to fully watch games Netflix. Well, no, we were opening presents at the same time that and you got to have priorities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it's my running.
Speaker 3: It seems like my son in law wanted to watch the Maverick game.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, when the one game got I could see it was done. I said, okay, let me watch the Mavericks. And then they're down lost Luca and I lost Luca, and I said, and then I've read this morning what happened? And no, no, I never went back to it.
Speaker 4: I said, Irving is the man, bro, how did you miss that thirty year watching Bill?
Speaker 3: I was all over the place.
Speaker 4: Once the games got out of hand, especially the NFL games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had my iPad on Netflix, and so I beget, Okay, it's Christmas. I'll let him watch on the big TV, the Mavericks and anyway.
Speaker 2: And trying to be interested in all the presents that we're going around. Oh wow, that's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bill, you're supposed to open one hurry on, so y'all might as well just go around the horn again.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 4: Bill's fading into the background with his iPad making sure one sees it.
Speaker 3: So we we take turns opening presents. It's like everybody, I don't know of how y'all have done it.
Speaker 5: That's the way we've done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where well do you go? One? President at a time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one president president at a time, and it's youngest, the.
Speaker 2: Oldest, one person at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one person, okay, so one person. That about that. Yeah, I thought there's no way my family would maintain focus.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of focus to go boom boom boom to keep it.
Speaker 3: But at least your kid's coming back around to you.
Speaker 5: So it's random.
Speaker 2: No one will lose.
Speaker 5: You have all the presidents, and okay, I got this clump and this I take the organization.
Speaker 3: So now I've got five grandsons, and so we let the kids, the kids open theirs first. Then we took a break and had some lunch and we played basketball out in the driveway, and so we didn't open our adults didn't open their presidence till like five o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Did it not rain in South Lake?
Speaker 3: Not yesterday?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Did it know?
Speaker 5: It rained Tuesday? Tuesday night? Yeah, yeah, Tuesday. Yesterday was just was just yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a little bit that tried to come down.
Speaker 5: You know, it's too bad it wasn't thirty degrees colder. We had have had five feet of snow. As much as it rained.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have the rainy sorry, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's the Chicago boy talking.
Speaker 5: They have snow for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Man, we're good not here. You should know that. But now it's been decades.
Speaker 3: And interestingly, uh, the entire Cowboys team and players, coaches, everybody had Wednesday off. Yesterday's right, So it's obviously Wednesday is normally a work day for the players and the coaches, and they adjusted the schedule this week to accommodate Christmas being on a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Which was kind of funny because Wednesday is the first day you get to put out the injury report, and it was it said, had it all down there and it was projected, and it's like, well it was projected from Tuesday to well if.
Speaker 3: You look at Philadelphia and if it looks like Philadelphia was on the same.
Speaker 5: Schedule, right, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Just because they did not practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So everybody was trying to get a injury report updated today, like CD Kendricks, you know, the guys that have been trying to play through stuff, and he was like, well, we're a day behind, so today it will be more telling on where guys are able to play come Sunday, which was a good point because if you think about it. They spent last week getting ready for a game, practicing like the game really mattered. Now it matters just to win, right, But there's no playoff implications, So do treat the game and the injuries different going forward? And I think Mike said we're not having tryout for the young players.
Speaker 3: Basically, so he basically was saying, either you're injured or you're not right right now, there are different degrees of injuries that. In fact, how about the Eric Kendricks injury would if that game do you know, Mickey, if the Sunday night game would have count, would have mattered as far as the playoffs go. Was with Kendricks? Was he on those borderline So there are borderline cases where okay, yeah he's injured, but okay, it really doesn't well have a playoff implications.
Speaker 5: So I'm assuming Vigil didn't make stuff up after the game. He basically said, I found out I was starting ninety minutes before the game, so he worked out and it didn't look as good as the workout before the previous game on Sunday. So that's so.
Speaker 3: But the fact that this game now doesn't have playoff applications might factor into.
Speaker 5: Maybe even him, right, I mean he and practice for a month and he goes out and starts for the first time since twenty twenty two and leads a team in tackles. So that said something about him.
Speaker 2: You think they would practice.
Speaker 4: They would have practiced yesterday if if they were paying playoffs.
Speaker 5: No, No, I think that was the schedule previously.
Speaker 3: They did more put together. They they weren't off on Tuesday. No, they did, like so Tuesday their mock game they reported on Tuesday, and so their day off this week was Wednesday rather than yeah, Tuesday.
Speaker 5: They made a concession for that, which I was wondering.
Speaker 3: Does New Year's.
Speaker 5: Deem a concession or you practice on New Year's Day?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll cross that bridge next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, that's a good question. I mean, that's not as big a deal.
Speaker 4: But it's something to deal with, just something to deal with.
Speaker 5: Maybe you don't want to practice after the New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: What are you saying about your New Year's celebrations.
Speaker 5: I usually go to the Stars game, which I want this year.
Speaker 3: All right, very good. That's a New Year's tradition, New Year's Eve tradition.
Speaker 5: I can pull it off.
Speaker 3: Does sound like that. Jalen Hurts is still in concussion protocol. Nick Sirianni's press conference this morning, he said he's still in concussion protocol.
Speaker 5: He's not going to make it bad.
Speaker 3: And it sounded like taping the Mike McCarthy show. It's they are preparing for another quarterback. Can he picket who's battling a rib injury himself? See they signed ian book. I was going to say they also have another. Tanner McKee is their number two right now, number two. If Hurts is.
Speaker 5: Out because somebody said he had an upper body, I'm going he hurt his ribs. You could see you when he was walking on he kept grabbing himself there. Yeah, that's those are painful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The other thing, as far as the Eagles are concerned, they have not wrapped up now they have not. And so if the Cowboys were to go in there and beat Philadelphia, and if Washington beats Atlanta, then Washington is going it's going to affect number one the time of the game for the final week because the division will still be up in the air.
Speaker 5: So that means the Cowboys and Washington would have to play at the same.
Speaker 3: Time as Philadelphia and the Giants and Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well probably now maybe I would think so, Yeah, I was thinking.
Speaker 3: It also depends on other See there's other seating implications as far as well. Both teams would be concerned. You know, the the NFL is just guarding against teams not trying well resting players that have playoff implications.
Speaker 4: But most of the time, most of the teams that don't have playoff implications, they're going to be the new game, right.
Speaker 3: Well, no, last year they put them in the three, they put them in the three twenty five windows.
Speaker 5: Saturday also involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not very many games on Sunday because you had two already that were played on Wednesday, and then there's one tonight. Say there's a couple of Saturday Mickey.
Speaker 5: No, I meant the next week the final.
Speaker 3: The final week of the season, because oh, yes, you play either the fourth or the fifth. That's true.
Speaker 2: But then we go to this weekend.
Speaker 3: For this weekend, there's only one to nine games on Sunday, and.
Speaker 4: We're looking at but this weekend for us, Yeah, we're noon already announced.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they moved it, which is good. We get home early. So but next week are aren't there NFL games midweek.
Speaker 3: I got to look, I haven't seen those schedule.
Speaker 5: For I mean, would they have put NFL regular season games against the college playoff games? Getting ahead of myself.
Speaker 3: That's right, Thursday, but Thursday is January second. Yeah, so it doesn't go up against the couch.
Speaker 5: But they're not going to play Wednesday games.
Speaker 3: No, no, there's no Wednesday games.
Speaker 2: Actually, wow, Teddy too, Gloves is unretiring.
Speaker 3: He alluded to. He just he alluded.
Speaker 2: To he just coached his high school team. Yes, we just talked about that, Northwest.
Speaker 3: Northwestern in Miami and they won the state championship, and which I do every year, and even when he wasn't coaching them, And I saw an interview with him last week and he alluded to the fact that he may be resuming is in a career. And so there you go to the Lions.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: They signed them to the practice.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it just yeah, it said signed with Lions. I'm retiring to sign with Lions.
Speaker 3: Not bad, All right, Let's get to another guy.
Speaker 5: Another guy comes off as couch. Yes, maybe they thought he was throwing in practice.
Speaker 3: Let's dive into that and much more. When mixed shots continues in just a moment.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 2: Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 4: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Pruscott kits, it slides with a first.
Speaker 6: Down, investate your icons where everyone is a rookie. Incrypto with blockchain dot Com Perfect.
Speaker 3: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Hey y'all.
Speaker 7: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demiced shuts.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys honored the legacy of Bob Lilly through The Bob Lilly Award, presented by Ryan, awarded to the current Cowboys who demonstrates the highest level of achievement and sportsmanship and dedication and leadership. Cast your vote now and help choose the player who best embodies the qualities that made Bob Lily one of the greatest Cowboys of all time. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash Bob Lily and cast your vote today.
Speaker 2: I didn't know about this.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about it.
Speaker 2: It's cool that's been going on, has it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, some reason I missed this. It's very cool, very cool at the bottom.
Speaker 2: At the bottom, that's very cool.
Speaker 5: Oh, Bob.
Speaker 3: The rest of it, I think imonstrates the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship, dedication, leadership.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, is Bob? You know about this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know so much about it? Who's wonted?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you.
Speaker 5: I don't think an.
Speaker 3: Award okay, presented by Ryan Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who was Ryan Nolan?
Speaker 3: All right? Back to Teddy Bridgewater?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Teddy Bridgewater, Okay, high school state championship winning coach coming out of retirement, expected to sign with the Lions. It's interesting from this stamp, Well, the Lions have Hindon Hooker as their backup. I mean, think about this with the Lions with as much at stake for them this season, and just think about what if something happened to Jared Goff okay, and Hendon Hooker has a very limited experience in this league. And so I assume that's the reason. I don't know if maybe Hendon Hooker's got of injury going on, but I assume.
Speaker 2: That in practice or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know, But why would you wait until now to find if you were concerned at all about Hindon Hooker's lack of experience. It seems like you would have had a Cooper Rush or somebody waiting in the wings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and because golf has been playing so well, no one's really concerned about it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The fact that now, especially when one of your teammates have fallen injury, well, what if it ever hit the quarterback position?
Speaker 2: Which that's that's very smart on their point to anticipate.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, it is. It would have been smarter if they would have anticipated it in September, where they could have had a veteran guy like Carson Wentz. You know who's waiting in the wings if Mahomes got her, you know somebody Andy Dalton, you know, I got to.
Speaker 4: Say, And kind of going off the path a little bit. We always talk about as I Lamar, we talk about Josh. Yeah, we talk about these quarterbacks. It's like golf has been demoted for some reason for winning.
Speaker 3: Even though even though there's been several games this year, it seems like he's thrown more touchdown passes than incompletions.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and and not not to mention the quarterback rating, which is what you're speaking on. H It's as if he doesn't even exist. Everyone's so excited about Josh, about Lamar.
Speaker 3: Uh, they're exciting players.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but so is golf. This guy's throwing some dimes off in there when they needed. Even the games that they lost, he did not falter. Ye had some you know, he wasn't perfect, but the guy was. He was the reason that they were still in the games that they lost. I mean, this guy's he's he's just playing really well. He's feeling himself a lot this year, but no one else is. And I just think that's kind of a shame. I'm not necessarily a golf fan, but fair, it's fair. The guy is balling this year.
Speaker 5: Did you see that? Uh, Pete Carroll wants to come out of can't give it up. They just can't.
Speaker 2: He's a good coach man. Well, no, I know he knows he can do something with that team.
Speaker 5: Plus Caleb, this is his second guy. Yeah, this is his second. He's been out two years now.
Speaker 3: This is this is his first year out.
Speaker 5: I thought it was second second McDaniel McDonald left last year.
Speaker 3: No, McDonald's in his first year. His first year.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right, because he took the Cowboys defensive line coach, his defensive coordinator only one year.
Speaker 3: Out was his first year out.
Speaker 5: Do you realize if the Cowboys win the final two games, go nine to eight, they'll win the division record, They'll go five and one.
Speaker 3: What do you get for that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a feather in your helbert, because then Philadelphia would have two losses and Washington would have three divisions.
Speaker 2: So what would be our home record.
Speaker 5: Spoilers, Well, the homeowner are not.
Speaker 2: Going to be but the division such an odd season, that's my whole point.
Speaker 3: You know what the Cowboy Division record is since twenty twenty one, eighteen and four. Wow, it's the only team with a better division record since then is the Kansas City which.
Speaker 5: Well, going into the season, they were the only ones that had more wins over the last previous three years.
Speaker 3: Back on the Lions momentarily, Hendon Hooker is the only backup quarterback on their roster. I'm looking practice squad. What do you mean they don't have They don't have a Do they have a third? Well, somebody Jake From. Jake From is on the practice squad, but.
Speaker 5: Not on the fifty three. No, So if he gets hurt during the game, they got to elevate.
Speaker 3: So From he's probably been elevated three times. Yeah, so that's why they keep starting. So No, as a third quarterback, he is a practice squad. He can be suited up.
Speaker 5: They only get three elevations though. Anyway, they had to have somebody else. That's how much confidence they have in their offense. Well, he's not.
Speaker 2: That's Campbell taking another gamble.
Speaker 5: That's what We'll just go wildcat after that Campbell.
Speaker 3: And so that's one of the reasons they signed Teddy Bridgewater. But again I don't understand why they wouldn't have signed a veteran quarterback earlier, if they have any questions about Hindon Hooker. So which get I'm back on the quarterbacks. Think about all of the teams that are right now, if the player at the season ended today, and the teams that are in the playoffs right now, think of the quarterback situations on all the teams. What do they have in common? Got a good Philadelphia Philadelphia, well right now, Jalen.
Speaker 5: He's played them all Okay, Mahomes has played.
Speaker 3: Washington, Jaden Daniels, Okay, I'm a listener that we're going to n FC, NFC North Jared Goff in Detroit, Jordan Love and Green Bay. You got Sam Darnold and Minnesota, okay, and then you go n FC South, Baker Mayfield in Tampa. And if you even you look at Atlanta, Cousins has been there. It's it's debted.
Speaker 2: Their choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was their choice.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: You go out West and the Rams. Matthew Stafford has been healthy, Seattle, Gino Smith's been healthy, and even Arizona which just got eliminated with Kyler Murray, even San Francisco for that matter.
Speaker 2: I have so go.
Speaker 3: To the AFC. Josh Allen in Buffalo, you got Lamar Jackson and Baltimore healthy. Russell Wilson at Pittsburgh AFC South Stroud's been healthy AFC West, Mahomes, Nick's Herbert Herbert. Everything in common is you've got a healthy starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: Except for a couple of incidences. They also have a hell of a running game.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: So when you think.
Speaker 4: About that, all of those guys are supported by hell of them, not all of them, I think I don't know much about.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, is one of the big reasons that Dak got hurt is he was running. It was the reason he was running. The Cowboys at that point in the season didn't have a run game.
Speaker 5: You know, they couldn't protect them either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So yeah, I mean that that's another thing that they do have in common, most of them. I don't know about the Herbert, I forget about it. If he has a good running game with him in l h R.
Speaker 3: Well, they brought in the Baltimore backs Dobbins and Gus Edwards.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But when you think about the Rams, that running back is doing very well.
Speaker 2: Williams Williams, Yes.
Speaker 4: Of course, Lamar with Henry, I would not say Mahomes is blessed with that at this.
Speaker 5: So when you have injury issues with how much does Derrick Henry benefit that he is playing with a quarterback that runs the football?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's no no, no play benefit too. Now, Hurts doesn't run like Lamar Jackson runs, but there's the threat.
Speaker 4: I think depends more on his running game than Lamar Jackson depends on his running game.
Speaker 5: But their ability to run the ball helps. The defense has got to worry about. It's a two back backs.
Speaker 2: No doubt about that. That's correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's you know, Jerry as the wildcat.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jerry tried to make that point every early in the season about not you know, if Derrick Henry was here, it wouldn't be the same effect because he's pointing out Dak Prescott's not a threat to run for eight hundred yards in a season.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. That's very uh, very nice on Jerry's part two.
Speaker 5: But everybody laughed ex watching yesterday when when you see the holes that but I mentioned, and then when he keeps the ball, it's like, well there's no one, no one you count.
Speaker 4: You just wait until Washington really gets their hands on the quarterback. That they have, they can, They're going to start doing a lot of that as well. They got a decent running back in Robinson. They got a nice little little uh pair there. But when you start talking about it's got come on the ball just as well as Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And so when they start to really feel themselves and they may start doing more of it as we get if they make the playoffs. As they go for the playoffs, you could really use him the same way that Lamar Jackson's being used in Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Well, if you saw the touchdown run, those guys had the angle on him. He out ran on the zone, he out ran on.
Speaker 3: To the end zone.
Speaker 5: It's like, what kind of speed you got at safety?
Speaker 4: No, that don't blame the safety. This guy's good. It's not their fault. He's good. Lamar Jackson is just that fact.
Speaker 5: Did they get him at twenty one eight or something?
Speaker 2: Wow? And you're fussing at the safety?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, catch up, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: And another thought onhealthy quarterbacks before this my idea got hijacked by the run game. Hey, think about Dak. Think about Dak when he's been healthy. What's happened when he's into this season healthy. Here in the last five years, hey, twelve and five, twelve and five, twelve and five, okay, And the one year prior to this year that he didn't end the season healthy was two thousand, all right, and things didn't end well, but we didn't start well or in well for this team that year, yep. So it's all about It's still all about the quarterback and apparently the run game too, all right, we continue without the quarterback, your running game and nothing.
Speaker 7: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, can sessions, and on yettie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tools. Visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 9: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cool America's team playing.
Speaker 3: America's Greatest sport.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: Devict shuts.
Speaker 4: Golf Wang by Tyler, the creator in cooperation with the Dallas Cowboys, is now available at select pro shops and online. Score you Nik apparel and accessories at a pro shop near you, or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: A fun that experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mickey, Golf Wang What is that?
Speaker 2: That's just a brand Wang?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Golf Wang by Tyler they created Okay, g o l F.
Speaker 2: Yeah, golf Okay, gol of Golf.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mickey, you got something you want to talk about. I need to look up this Bob Lily Award and get the details on who's wanted in the past. All right, Okay, so you do that.
Speaker 5: You don't think it's in the media, guy, the Bob Lily Award maybe, but does it just go to the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: I believe it does yes, absolutely, we missed. Well, no, we we were finished on Tuesday before I think this got announced. But Brendan Arbury NFC Special Teams Player of the Week. Yes, he's got to make he's got to to get that. He's got to make four field goals two extra points. So he had fourteen of the cow Boys twenty six points. Three of the field goals fifty yarders and he now has the single season lead with most fifty yarders made in a single season of fourteen.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many times he's outscored the offense. And I know he is part of the offense, but I wonder how many times we have scored more by the kick than by the run or the pass.
Speaker 3: Ever, since presents so many questions.
Speaker 2: You bring up something and I'm just.
Speaker 3: Think about this last game, Cowboys scored twenty six points. He had fourteen, and he had fourteen. So there's one game and he had more points than anyone.
Speaker 4: Else out those superlatives. Man, I was like, wow, how often has he done that? I don't like to miss out on things. Sometimes we might be the first ones to come out with those stats.
Speaker 3: Okay, you Mickey's looking, are you adding that up? You're looking you're figuring it out.
Speaker 5: How many just go one game game by game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's you're looking that up. Let me tell you about the Bob Lily Award. The Bob Lilly Award is voted by Cowboys fans for sportsmanship, dedication, leadership, and achievement. You know when it started. Guess what take a wild Guess what year the Bob Lily Awards started. Nineteen eighty, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 5: What you could have won it? You never want it?
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty five. The winner is in the media. It is in the media guy. Nineteen eighty five. The winner was Emerson, No, it was it was Randy White. Randy White, for sportsmanship, was the one that pull a guy's helmet off and him over the head with it, right.
Speaker 2: Master that Bob Lily did with his album was tossing.
Speaker 3: The lost Lily would never take his helmet and said another player over the head with like Randy White did.
Speaker 2: That was what year was that?
Speaker 3: That was the first.
Speaker 5: That was the preseason game in eighty five against the Bearers.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: He yanked the helmet off boards and that's true, bopped him on top of the head and he got thrown out and later when I asked him about it, he said it was one hundred degrees. I didn't want to play.
Speaker 3: And for those efforts, he was awarded the Bob Lilly Award for Sportsmanship, Dedication, Leadership and Achievement. I wish Randy was here, you know what. I stumbled across something just yesterday. It was like one of my memories on Facebook, whatever it was. You know, Randy was on our Cowboys pregame show on Channel eleven for years and one year we had him singing Christmas carols and he was it was so hilarious, uh, singing Roodolph.
Speaker 4: I have a jingle bells of Randy White hula hooping at the hula bow.
Speaker 2: Damn Actually it was outside of the restaurant.
Speaker 4: He's damn good at it. Really, Yes, you know when I was a kid, I could do that.
Speaker 2: Well. I don't know what happened to my hips. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't keep it up anymore. At this was about five six years ago. He kept it up. He kept going and going. Yeah, he was just like, oh look at Randy, got a little athletic, says.
Speaker 3: Would you like to know some other winners of the Bob Lilly Award. Randy White wanted a couple of years, Danny White wanted in eighty seven. Ed Jones wanted in eighty eight and eighty nine. Bill Bates wonted four years, four out of five years from ninety to ninety four. Eight when woned in ninety two, in ninety five, Emmit in ninety six, Troy in ninety seven, ninety eight, Emmitt three years in a row ninety nine. Who what happened to the year two thousand? They didn't have it that year? In two thousand one and two m it won it. Darren Woodson wanted to know. Three Witten, Drew Bledsoe and O five Romo a couple of years, Witten again, where Dez in twenty ten? Where again wittin Bury Church in twenty thirteen, and then it became the Jason Witten Award. Wow four straight years vander Esch and now most recently, this is why we have not heard about it lately, because Dak wins it every year.
Speaker 2: Do they even know that?
Speaker 3: I don't even know that they know.
Speaker 4: I don't because I'm never you know, Yeah, it's not made it right?
Speaker 3: Dak now who twenty nineteen through twenty twenty three has won it and who won it this year? Well, we don't know you, Oh, we don't know. That was the whole point was that you can vote on it.
Speaker 5: Oh, you can vote. That's what That's what it was. I was trying to remember. I was concentrating on field goals.
Speaker 2: I've made a few bloopers today, So let's go.
Speaker 3: So there it is the Bob Lily Awarde. Okay, so did you finish your research? I gave you.
Speaker 5: It's too hard. Okay, it would take more.
Speaker 2: That's my homework.
Speaker 3: Missouri.
Speaker 5: Five minutes left.
Speaker 3: And by the way, maybe Scott is his brand new Missoo hoodie.
Speaker 5: On thanks to Nick Eatman treating the Internet staff with gifts.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: We weren't invited to that meeting.
Speaker 5: This this one's nice. It's it's it's dry fit, but it's thin. It looks like a sweatshirt and it's got a Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: I may not take it off. I may wear it to get tomorrow. I won't be here tomorrow, so I can wear it because nobody else.
Speaker 2: We've already let you know that.
Speaker 5: That's right. How about this? So at one point this year, the Dallas Cowboys were minus eleven in turnover differential. They were thirty first in the league if I remember correctly, and they had the most second most giveaways and fewest takeaways. Now they are minus three. They're ranked nineteenth right now, and they've gotten still. The giveaways are twenty four, but the takeaways have improved to twenty one, so they're actually getting the ball back.
Speaker 2: None more important than the Gan fashion too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean those plays that we saw, Oh my god, they were very unusual and fantastic at the same time.
Speaker 3: Do you know what this is coincided with this improvement and takeaways on defense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, let me guess wins no.
Speaker 3: Parsons Michael. Since week ten, since Micah's were turn the Cowboys are plus six and take I guess.
Speaker 5: That might be accurate.
Speaker 3: They are first in the league in takeaways since week ten with fifteen. They are also first in the league in sacks with twenty eight.
Speaker 5: And he's got eight and a half of them, crazy guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he's got eight eight sacks in the last five games or eight and a half in the last five games.
Speaker 5: Well, I did it over the last seven since he returned.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got eight sacks in the last five games.
Speaker 5: Forty three pass pressure since he's returned himself.
Speaker 4: I would say he's gotten better only because he's gotten smarter.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would have to say that. I don't know what kind of two.
Speaker 4: Lich he's been getting from Zimmer Zimmer, but it's been it's been right on, it has been warranted, and it has been useful because he you know, we we've had him in the past, of course, and we've had him at healthy and I think his impact this year is even better than the impact that he had his rookie year because I think he's more diverse in how he plays the game. Uh. There are times when I saw him lost as hell out there, especially when it came to them attacking him in regards to setting the edge, because he always, yeah, he always wants to take the bike up the middle. He always wants to go for that that that fake up the middle, and he gave it up on the outside so many times it was ridiculous and that was a big uh. Definition, that was a big deficit in regards to his game. Not this time, not this year. He has not only come in and helped our past defense, He's come in and help our run defense.
Speaker 5: Well, just take the last game, for example, four tackles, one sack, one force fumble, six pass pressures.
Speaker 4: So and I'll bet you when they when they give you because we get I guess they still get scores. They give them scores in the in the when they evaluate, I'll bet you his evaluation numbers have gone up.
Speaker 2: I promise. Oh.
Speaker 3: I can't say this where Mickey can hear it, but that that you know that Pro Football Focus right, Uh, that Mike is way way up the charts on.
Speaker 5: That he's the leader because you know, I because they got one person employed to just watch every play.
Speaker 4: Can we get back from the subject please, because here he goes.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 3: By the way, Uh speaking of the last five games, Uh, Cooper Rush one interception in five games and nine touchdown pats hit that I was going to hit that. So you extrapolate that over fifteen games, even my ou math can tell you that would be twenty seven touchdowns in three in our sevencts. Yeah, yeah, over fifteen games.
Speaker 2: And every way.
Speaker 4: The way that this is coming about is because of a team concept. You know, we're improving defensively, so now all of a sudden, our running game is improving. You know, freaking Nate Newton time of possession. Our time of possession is improving over the teams that we play against.
Speaker 2: All of those.
Speaker 4: Things, just let you know this is a team effort. Defense plays well, running game, keeps the defense of the off the field, keeps them on the sidelines where they can get rest. Now we're giving them turnovers, giving turnovers to the offense so they can continue to make those drives. We come in fresh with making plays. The kicking game is doing what the kicking game does. Anger Aubrey, Come on, this is a This is a team right now. This is a team that they all each facet relies on the other.
Speaker 3: And you think actually important to keep that going the last two games of the season. Yes, as a setting the tone for this new year.
Speaker 4: This is the way we play. This is the culture. That's what I've always said that this is how we play. It may not be exciting if we don't have the Mahomes, we don't have the worthies and the young guys, but we have our guys and we have enough of them.
Speaker 2: This is a team game, guys. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I brought up a point the other day one show about that when we played against the Saint Louis Cardinals, and we had Steve Deossi playing outside linebacker, and we had a backup another bet, Jeff Royd was playing his outside He never really played that well, you know, Lockhart, I don't even think was playing in the game. And Saint Louis needed this game to go to the playoffs. They came into Texas Stadium needing that game to get to the playoffs. We whooped them good. We handle them just the way the Cowboys handled this team this last time, just like that to where we came out did what we had to do as professionals. We weren't great, we were just pros. That's what this team needs to concentrate on.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the stat that surprised me. Parsons needs a half a sack to get to ten, So double digit, right, he'd be the fifth player in NFL history since nineteen eighty two when they started officially counting sacks, to have double digit sacks in each of his first four seasons. You want to take guests on one's pretty obvious, but the rest I think would surprise you.
Speaker 2: So the one is LT.
Speaker 5: No, No, because LT probably had a bunch of sacks before eighty two. Now when did LT eighty one? Eighty one?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he didn't have double digit his first four seasons, Reggie, you.
Speaker 3: Like because he had seventy sacks his first four years in the league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Reggie White, Thomas, Derek Thomas, Dwight freennye Dwight Frenny And this one will surprise you, um hm hmm. And we probably forgot about him. Claude Humphrey.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I would never Claude humph Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Right, Uh yeah, yeah, yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he in mean Green North Texas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went from Green to Green.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, East Tennessee State.
Speaker 5: You're thinking of me Green?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I'm not thinking of Joe Green.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tennessee State. So Tennessee State had Claude and then Richard ditt and uh and too tall and too tall? Well I mean yeah, damn too tall. Geez too tall first mm hmm. But again too tall.
Speaker 5: Not so too tall would have been their early seventies, right.
Speaker 3: He should be. It's exactly right. And you talk like the ring of honor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he.
Speaker 5: Would have been too tall.
Speaker 3: Jones, not because he doesn't have the stat he was that more of the base defensive end on the left side right, you know.
Speaker 4: Too tall said that he had a stat I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think if you you look at his knockdowns, yeah, I believe it. It's it's off the charts. I don't think anybody else is even close. And you know, you looked as a sect.
Speaker 3: He literally was larger than light.
Speaker 5: They couldn't see ever.
Speaker 4: Since, he messed up my interceptions too, Like dude, I had that one.
Speaker 3: Go ye, he's he's never gotten his just dude, post career in the length of time.
Speaker 4: And I gotta say h was always critical of Tom Landry not really giving certain players a lot of credit. Tom gave Ed all the credit he deserved. He really did like a Jones, He really did like it. They actually kind of, you know, had conversations together when he first drafted them and all of that, and that was very unusual for Tom to be that open with certain players, but with Ed. They actually when especially when he first came in, he was like an oddity, you know, with the boxing and I think he was in the movies or something like that, and you know, so for some reason he and Tom had a little connection.
Speaker 5: The oddity was that they knew he was eligible for the draft when the rest of the league wasn't aware that he had already had that year. And and you know, credit Gil, of course. You know he's got all his guys, and he made friends with the coaches there at Tennessee State.
Speaker 2: Grease some poems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brought them some T shirts.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, y'all can continue you this. I gotta go, here we.
Speaker 4: Go, here we go, we gotta go havelf weekends.
Speaker 5: Y'all got all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, and one of us will be here tomorrow, yees for a mix shot.
Speaker 5: We'll see who else. Otherwise, we're just taking questions.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.