Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly, Wide Receiver Edition. They're gonna break down the rookies with thor Nystroum. Hey buddy, Hey, how you doing. Oh god, I'm so excited to be here talking now. I don't know if you know this from our previous shows when we did quarterbacks, we broke down running backs. Over the last couple of weeks, three weeks, I'm taking copious notes while you're talking. You're feeding directly into all my talking points as I'm starting to learn all this stuff. My man, if your takes are bad, I'm gonna look like a jackass.
Speaker 3: I hope they're not. I hope they're not.
Speaker 1: I have no never you haven't had one wrong yet, right, I don't think so. Look, we're gonna let's go with that as our working theory. Never been wrong. Thorn Eistrom, Yeah, I love it. We've got We've we've got a lot smarter on the quarterbacks, the running backs. It feels like we say this nearly every year, awesome wide receiver class coming. You know, like the last five years, we've had like three or four of these classes that are just bonkers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, well with one exception, but yeah, basically yeah, and this one we got it's roaring back. Yeah. This receiving class is awesome at the top. Usually we talk about the top with the top three, but people need to realize this thing is also crazy deep. It's not just the top three guys. This thing goes all the way down. Awesome receiver class.
Speaker 1: We could have five receivers going the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe even six, Yeah, depending, Yeah, it's gonna be you know, everybody's right now has got speaking of that first end of the first round, Yeah, Kansas City, last pick of the first round, they're getting a star receiver. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I had to pick any one team with and I had to marry any one team with any one position in the first round, second half of the first round, I think I go wide receiver for Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Can we just put Savior Worthy right now?
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, And we're gonna break him down in just a few minutes, Savior Worthy.
Speaker 4: You want some You.
Speaker 1: Want to add a speed dimension, a downfield speed dimension to a team that has gotten the average depth of pass for Patrick Mahomes has gone down every year of his career. They got to open that back up.
Speaker 3: Ye, let's get some speed. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's start at the top of the wide receiver position. Marvin Harrison Junior has been slotted as the top receiver for this class for like two years now. It's all gonna come to fruition here. Currently most people believe he's going to go to pick number four Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the prototype ex boundary prospect. He's going to be, you know, presumably Arizona's wide receiver one from day one. Elite route runner for his size, he has the high octane release package, except exceptional footwork, throttle speed at will. He's violent into and out of his route breaks, very very good hands, difficult to handle downtown because of his body control and leaping abilities. I have very very few nitpicks on him. Speed is only very very good elite, and when he has the ball in his hands, he doesn't He's not like a tackle breaking colossus. But that's really all I got. He is a study stud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, outside of quarterbacks, he'll be the first player to go in the draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy because you know, his dad comes in Marvin Harrison senior obviously, and he was the undersized, you know, skinny guy comes out of Syracuse whatever, and he had to win by being the awesome route runner, you know, throttling up and down the speeds, keeping the cornerbacks off, the beat of his scent, everything like that. He taught everything to his son, who got all the physical gifts that he did not. How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'd like.
Speaker 1: To I'd like to know what mom is like, you know, did Marvin Harrison wide receiver senior, like, you know, did he marry I don't know, like a star volleyball player or something, you know, and and get all you know, how do you go? How did Marvin Harrison junior get the physical gifts that his dad didn't have?
Speaker 3: That's crazy, But yeah, he's a giant. He's you know, stretched out and to catch radius is ridiculous, and a guy that can win all three levels of the field. It becomes a spacing thing as well. You know, it's it's not just him singularly, it's it's it becomes a spatial thing for the rest of the field where he helps the receiver on the other side of the field because you have to keep a high safety on that side of the field. So you know, he's helping all of his teammates just because of the spacing, you know, different stuff like that on the field.
Speaker 1: Non super flex leagues. Marvin Harrison Junior's first player going in Dynasty drafts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because the the running back class, you know, like we talked about last week, it's not as good, it's not as good. Yeah. So I mean Marvin hare and stands above you know, everybody else as far as that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, some people you might be tempted to go another direction. I don't think I would. I don't think Black Bauers is going to be in play it at the first overall unless you're in some kind of you know, tight end specialized league. And I don't think the other receivers are gonna talk about are gonna hit that either. So let's take that opportunity to try to move over to Rome. Adunza from Washington highly highly productive there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roma Dunza would be wide receiver one in a normal year. Yeah, you look at the past decade, most of those classes he would have been wide receiver one. It's just you know, he happens to come out in this class, has every single tool that you'd want, and that is now confirmed with having gone through the NFL combat Roma Dunza. So he comes in measures in six foot three, two hundred twelve pounds. His raz was nine point nine to one. He runs a four four five. It wasn't even the thing that impressed me the most. The thing that impressed me the most. People watching the telecast, Roma Dunsay got a six ' eight eight in the three cone the telecast at night, he wouldn't leave the field because he kept running the three cone. He wanted to run a sub six six three cone because the kid who ran the fastest was like six six five. Oh, Donsay wanted a sub sixty six. So he was on his fourth fifth attemph with the three cone.
Speaker 4: Can you try it as many times as you want?
Speaker 3: Apparently, okay, I don't know how he could do that. I don't know if they would have countered it if he did. He kept running it over and over and over again. He kept knocking over the cone on the far side. That's why he kept, you know, he wasn't getting it whatever, and he kept getting kicked off because he just kept you know, kicking that one over whatever. But the kid's an absolute dog. I mean, he'd already gotten a ninety ninth plus percentile RAZ and he wouldn't leave the field because he didn't have the best three cone of his entire position group. I compare him to Julio Jones. You know, you talk about every golf club in the bag, size, strength, physicality, speed, agility, hops, ball scales. He's a complete receiver. He was pressed more than any receiver by the stats in this class last year at Washington. And the reason that was done is because we talked about this a few weeks ago in the Quarterback episode. The way that you take Michael Pennix off his game is by pressuring him and trying to get him off his spot, disrupting the timing. How do you do that, Well, you try to take the best player on the Washington offense away and you try to press him off the line. He impressed and oh, dude, say off the line, though you had to try, but you weren't gonna be able to do it. He got pressed more or at least attempted to press more more than two hundred snaps last year, but nobody could get him off the line. His feet are two good, he has his dynamic release package, but he's also too strong, too quick, and then you know he gets into the route really quick, and then he adjusts his tempo along the route, so it's just really difficult to get a beat of his scent. You don't know when he's going to break that route off or when he's gonna go downtown whatever. He would have been a high first round pick last year if he had entered that class. We know that, and he would have been a wider one and a lot of those classes over the last decade. But yeah, he's either going to be two or three in this one just because of Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 1: In our show in late February, you comped Malik Neighbors the LSU wide receiver to Jamar Chase. That's a very favorable and tantalizing comp. Y. What do you like about it?
Speaker 3: What do you like about his game? And you could say the same about Neighbors right like where you know, you look at.
Speaker 1: Different a different year, he'd have been number one.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Yeah, I mean we have three wide receiver ones in this class. And you know it's not hyperbole, it just is what it is. Neighbors is very, very similar as a prospect to Jamar Chase. You know, and again I think I mentioned that in that episode. I didn't even want to make that comp because of the jersey thing. It felt too easy. But it's the you know, it's just the closest one that that I could think of with Neighbors that The thing that really jumps out about him is the ludicrous stop start ability and the fact that he loses zero momentum when he's changing direction. It's just he can change. Everyone loses momentum when they change direction, but not Moleague Neighbors. It's ridiculous. When he's running routes, it's at this breakneck speed where they can't keep up with him because he doesn't lose any momentum when he's cutting in different and changing directions. Stuff like that. You can be as fast as Molique Neighbors. Potentially you might even have world class feet like him, so you might be feeling good about staying in his hip on a given rep, but then he can just slam on the brakes and come back and then all of a sudden, you're skidding and he's over. But now he's got four yards of separation, now he's got the ball in space, and now you're in trouble. So like that, it's what makes him so difficult. And you know, we talked about this, you know, earlier on in the previous episode, where the other part about him that's very unique is his upper body doesn't move very much when he's moving at full speed, and it's just this strange quirk about him. But he doesn't chug his arms very much when he's running on the routes, so it makes it difficult to denote when he's going to break those routes off. And it's also difficult to gauge exactly how fast he's moving. So he just becomes like a really hard math problem for the defensive backs.
Speaker 1: That's that's gonna be a matchup problem. All these guys, well, Harrison Dune's of neighbors, They all guys that can be impactful like week one of the NFL, you know, like week one of their rookie year, they can make an impact.
Speaker 3: That fact, all three guys of those guys stars in the NFL, I will be stunned. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know landing spot will determine plenty, but all guys that have clear paths.
Speaker 3: To immediate returns.
Speaker 1: Yes for your dynasty or empire fantasy absolutely, which we love. Now there it feels like there's a bit of a break after Neighbors. Yes, and so you know, Harrison to Dunes and Neighbors all seem to be guys that are that are going in like the top eleven ish twelvesh picks of the draft being mocked there and then there feels like there's a bit of a drop and then we get into some other names. Brian Thomas goes here, but you've got Lad McConkie as your next guy, and I know you love his separation ability.
Speaker 3: I do. Yeah, So you know most people have Brian Thomas at number four, but I had to put Ladd up here. And you mentioned the separation last year. Lad McConkie receiving grade versus single coverage ninety eight percentile separation percentile, ninety third percentile separation percentile versus single coverage ninety first percentile. And you know a lot of people talk about him as a pure slot receiver. He played most of his percentage percentage of his snaps in college actually on the outside. Georgia played a predominantly twelve personnel offense, so you know a lot of the times he was playing on the outside. Last year it was seventy eight point seven percent on the outside. He of course can play in the slot, but he can do both of those things. He goes and I think this he proved the concept at the combine eight four five ras and a four to three four three nine with a thirty six inch vertical and a ten to four broad. And by the way, he didn't do the agility drills, which I believe will be his best test. Most of the guys didn't do the agility drills Roma Dunsday notwithstanding, because the NFL does it in a dumb way where they put the agility drills at the very end of the day, after everyone has already gassed from doing all the other drills. So most people defer that until they're pro day. Lad McConkie is going to destroy those when he does them. But whole point being Ladi McConkie is ridiculously hard to stay with. At the Senior Bowl when we were down there on Tuesday, he dusted everyone. It was very similar to Tank Dell on the very first day the year before the second day on Wednesday, people were playing way off him, eight yards off a Ladd McConkie, just seeding free receptions in the one on one drills because they didn't want to get embarrassed in front of the entire NFL. Lad McConkie's going to come in immediately in the NFL and start. I don't know if he's a number one receiver in the NFL, he is going to be a dang good number two if not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And do you think does he translate? There is a reception out there that he's gonna be primarily a slot guy, but you think he can translate to all of it.
Speaker 4: I remember by the way people.
Speaker 1: Were talking about Justin Jefferson getting stuck in the slot.
Speaker 3: At one point. That sounds doesn't it exactly? Come on, it's the same thing, you know, Like it was a situational thing at LSU right where they had Jamar Chase on the one side and they had Terrace Marshall on the other side that Joe Burrow offense. That's why Justin Jefferson was in the slots. All of a sudden, It's like, Oh, he can't play on the outside in the NFL, and now he's the NFL's best outside receiver. Yeah about that right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember asking Rick Spielman the day after he drafted or the night that he drafted Justin Jefferson about that, and he was like, No, he's gonna be fine. He's gonna be able to play all over all. Right, So let's go to Brian Thomas. Yeah, and I think this might be more that you like McConkie than you dislike Brian Thomas. I love the physical play, the contested balls, the big body of Brian Thomas from LSU.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, coming into the NFL, we know a couple of things about Brian Thomas. Did he is going to do very very well six foot three, two hundred and ten pounds, and the freak athleticism that you're talking about. He ran a four to three three with a nine eighty six overall ras composite.
Speaker 4: How does a guy with that big of a body run that fast.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He was flying and you see this on the field too. I mean, and it's this is one of my nippicks about him, I will say, but you know, it can go either way. He ran predominantly two routes at LSU, you know, the fades and the goes. But it is so hard to stop him on those, you know, I mean, you know him and Jayden Daniels on those, you had neighbors doing you know, all the different the stops, the starts to run and zipping around whatever. Yeah, and then you'd have Thomas taking the top off the defense and you can see why LSU was the greatest show on turf last year. They also had the most ransom defense you'll ever say. They were like the last Yeah, every game was like fifty five to fifty two. But yeah, Brian Thomas at the bear bear minimum, he's going to be the the you know, sort of prototypical wide receiver two pop the top whatever. My my nitpick about Brian Thomas is, I don't know the other stuff right, like the you know, the inbreaking stuff, the nuanced stuff, like is he ever gonna elevate to become like a wide receiver one in the NFL? That I don't know, but I do know he's going to threaten deep and he's going to be the friend of the other receivers on your team because you have to keep He's one of those guys. You have to keep the deep safety on the other side or he's gonna take your lunch money deep. You can't keep a guy on an island or he's gonna embarrass him.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break when we come back, Xave, you're worthy. The guy's getting he's getting attached to the Chiefs a lot. Yes, this could be a lot of fun. Let's let's break him down when we come back Fantasy Football Weekly. As mentioned Thorne Eistrom, Xavier Worthy is could bring speed to a Chiefs team that hasn't had it since Tyreek Hill left. Yes, well, okay, that's a Mark haz Valdez Scantley's guy like straight line speed. But that's it and then all and all, you know, all the negative plays and everything comes with him.
Speaker 3: But you could argue, well not even argue. We just quantifiably no one in NFL history has the speed of Xavier Worthy. Just ran him four to two to one. Forty broke the record at the NFL Combine broke the record of John Ross. There it was. It was hilarious, you know. He he ran the first one and was just over it it. Zavery Worthy was and then asked to run the sec. Everyone assumed that he wasn't gonna run it, but zavery Worthy's like, no, no, no, I want to run the second one because he knew he was going to break that record, and then he went out and did it. It was a very very cool moment. Uh, you know, one four nine ten yards split very good as well. And then a forty one in vertical which is obviously fabulous as well. Nine to three four ras which at the adjusted size thing is incredible at one hundred and sixty five pounds. That's the nitpick about him. But he is a little bit on the you know, taller, certainly taller than Tank Dell. He's he's just under six feet tall. Xavier the he's an interesting player. Texas pounded Zavier Worthy with targets two years ago twenty twenty two. He had some drop issues mitigated a little bit in terms of the percentage. Last year twenty twenty two, he had a hand injury, So you can forgive him for a little bit and last year he had a ton of targets, so if you look at the drop percentage was actually within a reasonable sort of area there. But that's the one sort of nitpick about him is the drops. He He has a couple on tape that like, for instance, he had won against Alabama early in that game last season where he absolutely licks this guy near the goal line on this whip rout. He goes inside. He gets this guy in a blender and he's wide open going towards the boundary. Youwers puts it right, you know, right where he should, you know, towards the boundary. The pylon puts it right on his hands, and it clanks off of Worthy's hands. He's right by himself. But Worthy gets separation as easy as any receiver. You'll see. It's the thing that reminds you.
Speaker 1: Of Okay, wait, hold on on separation for for Xavier Worthy, is it just running by guys or does he have some nuance to his game and his route running to create separation That isn't just I'm just gonna run past you.
Speaker 3: This is a very good contextual point. It's it's the ladder. I mean, it's both, but it's you know, including the ladder. He is a very good route runner. He has both the agility and the speed, but he also has a very good understanding of the route running and he can get that separation at all levels of the field. Like it's not like a two to two at well thing where it's just like you know, using the speed and then everything has to come off of it, right. He knows how to run the route and he knows how to set up defenders using that athleticism. He knows he has one hundred mile prower fastball, and he knows defenders are sitting back, you know, they have to sit back on their heels. You're gonna blow it by him. So he'll play off of that, and he'll also alter his tempo as well. So he has a really good feel for that and he naturally gets the separation because of that. That's why he got pounded with his many targets by quinn Ewers as he did. You look at it, Donnay Mitchell, another receiver in this class. You know, he's another physical freak, six foot four, two hundred pounds whatever. He ran a four to three. People wonder why did Donna Mitchell, being a physical freak, why did he get his few targets as he did. What's because Xavier Worthy's open on everything.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 3: So I think Xavier Worthy, with that performance, you know, and with what he put out on tape everything like that, he has absolutely put himself in contention to go late in the first round. And I think the chiefs are you know, that's it's like the siren there. It's like you have the free space at the front of the first round with the bears of Caleb Williams that I think I'm gonna be putting Xavier Worthy there at the number thirty two spot.
Speaker 1: So here's my worry. All of these Olympic level speed guys who come to the NFL.
Speaker 4: They never work out.
Speaker 1: I mean like never, you know, when you're this fast, it almost seems like it's worked against a lot of these guys going all the way back down like Willie Galdon stuff. Right, So it fe like a lot of most of the players that this kind of speed have our one trick ponies. You know, I run straight and I run fast, and they haven't developed enough of the rest of their game to be anything more than almost trick play guys. You know, they're two catches a game and you hope to God that you're starting in your fantasy league and in one that one game every two months that he catches that deep pass on. Yeah, so you're telling me that Xavier Worthy's got a much more rounded, complete game than most of the John Rosses in this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because a lot of those guys were straight line guys, right, like the Darius Hayward Bays or the locally speaking Vikings fans ear muffs Troy Williamson. Yeah, like you were talking about guys like that where it was pure pop the top, you know, run deep guys. Worthy, it's the all three level thing, right, Like you know that the play, you know the Alabama play, you know, I'm talking about play where he dropped, but they were using him at the goal line, Like he's a small receiver you can use at the goal line because if there's only one guy on that side of the field, he will shake him like, he will fake inside and the guy will bite and then he can go towards the boundary. He's going to be by himself. The agility is the thing in conjunction with the speed with Worthy, and also he's not he is pine size in terms of the weight and the bill with that, but he's stretched out with it where he's six feet tall even though he's one hundred and sixty five pounds, So you have a little bit more of the catch right five. Yeah, I mean, he very very skinny, but you know.
Speaker 1: The build is it's not quite as.
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's more like DeVonta Smith, you know, than some of those other guys. And again it's not just the pure downfield type thing. He can win at all three levels.
Speaker 1: Do you have a comp for Xavier Worthy because he doesn't seem like a guy who's got a lot.
Speaker 3: Of comps in the NFL. The best one I got right now is Tank Dell because it's the guy that can win at all three levels. But he is faster than Tank Dell and he's taller. I don't have a perfect one yet, but that's that's a close one I got.
Speaker 1: I struggle to find one based on on the player we're describing. Yeah, all right, let's transition over to bo Nix's receiver, Troy Franklin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trey Franklin goes to the combine. In the sports books, they had him with a low four to three forty with the props and he disappointed a little bit in running the four to four to one only. I mean it's it's a fast time.
Speaker 1: But totally NFL serviceable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Franklin was one seventy six, so he's a little bit on the lighter side, although he did he did come in at six foot two. Explosion is is the part of his game, you know, explosive plays. But with the four to four one, he also had a ten year it split of one six one, which is a little bit elevated as well. He had the six nine three cone. The overall raz was eight one eight. But yeah, he gives you the explosive plays in that Oregon offense can win at all three levels. He did there makes people miss. But yeah, the body build is the thing that concerns you a little bit in conjunction with with the testing profile. I like his game though he's a little bit of a contortionist, you know, in terms of that like around the sidelines. I really like the body control. I like the ball skills in terms of like you know, with the with his body type that you know, the contortionists, the ball skills, everything like that. I like his game, but that I would have liked to see him test just a little bit better than he ended up doing. Uh, that's why I have him right now at wide receiver seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we talking about a player who can get separation from others? So is he got that kind of footwork?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I had him come to Jamison Williams before the combine. But the speed isn't quite that good, so I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to bring that back just a little bit. But yeah, that's that was sort of where I was at before. But yeah, no, I mean, he can separate, but this is you have to separate him from Oregon's offense right where it was like you had a lot of those quick hitting concepts and then you know, people the defense would start coming up because we're not gonna let you do the screen pass right away again, and then he would get the free one on one shot, you know, deeper down the field. So yeah, you have to there's some projection that is, you know, you have to do with this in the same way you have to do with Bonex, you know, and and and the other way with it. But I do I think Troy Franklin's the guy where it projects more favorably, for instance, than Bonex going to the next level.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Florida State's Keon Coleman. I I've got nothing I can't tell. I couldn't pick him out of a out of a I don't know, a lineup with minow Ball and Muggsy Bogs.
Speaker 3: Keon Coleman had a very interesting combine where he runs a four to six one forty. But he ran the fastest gauntlet time last year. The guy who ran you know the the you know where they're running through and then they're throwing him the passes on both sides and they have to the guy who you know who ran the fastest gauntlet last year, and the receivers no, a guy named Pukina Kua no kiddy. Yeah wow Again. It was also near the bottom in the forty time. Further so, right, and Keon Coleman. It must be said, the other tests that he did was very very good. He had the thirty eight vert. He his broad was over ten feet nine to one eight raz overall, he obviously brings the big size over six three, two hundred and fifteen pounds. He started at Michigan State, not only on the football team, he played basketball for tom Izzo. Wow, it was a very good basketball recruit. That's part where the vertical comes in. And you see this in his game downfield, you are not getting higher than Keyon Coleman if you know, you talk about a rebounder down the field, very good with the body positioning. But also you know, again you're not getting higher than him. He's a high point pointer all day long. I compare him to t Higgins. It's a lot of the same kind of thing. Another cool thing where you see the manifestation of his hops. You'll see, you know, where he gets the ball near the sidelines, especially shorter, down in the field, whatever where he'll hop. Guys they try to go low, take out his knees, he will hurdle them and then they keep trucking down the field. So he has stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, the one part of his profile you know that you wonder about.
Speaker 3: He's sort of a raw route runner right now, in part because the agility is not quite as good. That's the one part of his athletic profile that's not as good. But I love the ball skills. I love his hands. Last year down the stretch, that's where people started to nitpick his game a little bit. He got hurt in the middle of November. Then Jordan Travis gets hurt in the last couple of games of Florida State. They were playing guys that should not have been on an FBS field. They were forcing balls at key On Coleman. That here's a crazy staff where he charged key On Coleman. Last year, he was targeted eighty seven times by the PFF charting. Only fifty five of those eighty seven targets were considered catchable.
Speaker 4: Geez, how many catches he have?
Speaker 1: You know, fifty I got fifty of the fifty five catchable passes.
Speaker 3: So I mean there are people out there that really nitpick his game last year and he it was disappointing for you know, he came from Michigan State. A lot of people over the offseason. This is going to be his break all year. He's a first round guy, et cetera, et cetera. He had a down year on a playoff contending team. But that is the context. He got hurt early November. He missed the game. Right when he comes back, Jordan Travis gets hurt. The last month of his season was basically a wash for this reason the targets he was getting after he came back where they were not targets at all. He was getting thrown to by a kid who was just out of the high school prom shouldn't have been on the field. Eleven of his fifty catches last year were touchdowns. Most of the other ones were first downs. That kid can play absolutely. Like I said, t Higgins is who I see in the NFL. Like I like that conference Keon Coleman. One player.
Speaker 1: While we're talking Florida football, Let's go to Florida. Ricky one player left. Ricky Pearsall. Ricky Pearsall kid. I talked to him mobile. I really like that kid.
Speaker 3: Super duper nice kid has some of the best set of hands that you will see in, you know, in college football. The last couple of years, he was a staple of the Sports Center Top ten. He had one catch against Charlotte where he went up, caught the ball with one hand, then he got crushed. You know, there's like two guys descending on him. He catches his ball with one hand. But he was like week after week he was making these like ludicrous, highlight reel type catches. But it's not just the highlight reel catches. He's one of the better route runners in this class. Has a very good understanding of that, shifting up and down the tempo, the footwork in and out of the route breaks, everything like that. He puts himself in the head of the defender who is across from him, and then he just puts the guy in a blender. He like, the guy never knows what he's about to do. It's like a chess match with him, you know. We had fun talking about that, different stuff. He's one of those guys who's constantly like doing little deeks with his upper body, you know, and then the other guy he has to sort of respond to it and then he's going the other way. Different stuff like that. Talking about his hands eighty six point eight PFF hands grade last season. Regularly spears balls outside of his frame one handed catches with regularity. Uh. He's extremely reliable with anything that you put within his frame. Cleverness on the routes, understands coverage designs, modifies his path to get himself open uh against his own coverage. Keeps working on extended plays to freelance himself open. Uh. He's he doesn't have the most sudden feet. But because of all those machinations that he does along the route path, he just constantly finds himself open. Very good spatial awareness, very good body control, very very smart kid. The thing we were wondering about going to the combine, It's like, is this kid just a kid with very good hands, a hard working kid, you know, very good route runner, but a yeah, just like an average athlete. He goes through the combine nine seven eight rasts geez four uh six six four to three code fabulous three cone. With the speed as well, this kid's gonna be shooting up the boards six as well. I think you can project him. I mean whether you want to play him in the slow which is where he told me and mobile teams were talking to him about. But he played on the outside in college, by the way, played at Arizona State, which Jayden Daniels. Then he went to Florida started. He was a wide receiver one for Anthony Richardson, then last year for Graham Mertz. He has been the wide receiver one for three different high level quarterbacks. Yeah, he can go to the NFL and I think start either on the outside or in the slot. Versatile kid. He is underrated, and I think he's moving up draft boards.
Speaker 1: Ricky Pearsall, he basically just carved a bust for him in Canton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ricky Piersoll, Baby, where's he go? Where's his draft stock? Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, where where do you expect him to go?
Speaker 3: I think probably right now he'd probably be considered maybe round three, but wouldn't surprise me if he goes round two.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, somebody's gonna like that all the all the things you just described you had. I'm trying to you know, I'm jotting notes while you're talking, getting smarter on these guys.
Speaker 4: You didn't say anything bad about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what I mean? What does Ricky Pierson need to do better? Why is he a first round pack? He had a forty two inch vert two?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, we like Ricky Piersall, like Ricky Pierce sneaky spot for your for maybe your third round of your dying.
Speaker 3: He doesn't accelerate quickly, that may be. That's that's one we're gonna add that in.
Speaker 1: Okay, can't accelerate extremely still, don't tell them I said that, Okay, got it, got it? Great job man. Wow, it's uh in thirty minutes. We've become a whole lot smarter, which I love. We'll be back next week more Fantasy Football Weekly. Thanks for listening, everybody. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.