Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: Is Laureni Rosa with the latest with Laurna Rosa on Black Effects and I cannot wait to see you guys at the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're coming.
Speaker 2: Back to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April twenty fifth at Palman Yards and it's hosted by me alongside DJ MV and Charlotte Magnea.
Speaker 1: God. We got Drink Chance of Noriega and Djafing.
Speaker 2: We gotta keep it positive, Sweetye with My Girl, Christopher Nate Haslin. We got Reality with the King with My Guide, then my brother Carlos King, and y'all know he does reality commentary like nobody can.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We also have Don't Call Me White Girl, the podcast I Love Mona and Club five twenty podcasts, along with the Grits and Eggs podcast.
Speaker 1: So this lineup stack Baby, turn Up. You're also gonna want.
Speaker 2: To check out the panels that we have lined up too, Feature and Cab on Stage, Pika Sumter, and John Hope Bryant, just to name a few. Of course, it's way bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, but the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your ticket down at Black effect dot Com slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Cony Witt, and today we have very special guest streamer and content creator Zoe Spencer is in the building.
Speaker 1: Wo.
Speaker 3: I was so happy to get the confirmation that you were gonna be on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited to be here Eating while.
Speaker 3: Broke, Eating while Broke, and we're gonna have you in the kitchen cooking. I don't know how often people call you on shows and have you cook a throwback.
Speaker 1: They don't even allow me to cook on stream for real. I get I'm not a great cooker.
Speaker 3: Were you gonna show them today how it was done?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this smell though? I got this?
Speaker 3: You got this? What are you gonna have me eating today?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I'm gonna have you eating pork and beans with hot dogs. You gotta cut the hot dogs up, put it into the pork and beans. You got to add some butter in near, some pepper in he or some sugar. Mix it all, you've got to have a side of rice, or you don't have to have a side of rice.
Speaker 3: Do you decide to rice to balance like the sautiness of it?
Speaker 1: I feel like you do.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I want to have it with rice. I've never had it with.
Speaker 1: Rice, or you could put it with bread. I like the rice idea.
Speaker 3: I like, all right, So get to cook in just like that, Just just like that, you start. Okay, we try to give you about ten minutes to cook because I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: You got this. I kind of struggle in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: However, so that burner, that burner is to the right, yep, and then the next the one right up above.
Speaker 1: I should have given her this in the You got it? Alright?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're gonna do? So what are you doing?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 3: The hot dogs? You dump the can?
Speaker 1: How to make I should start off with the hot dogs?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't really, don't trust me. I've seen people make this on the show at least four times. Really well, this smell I know this meal country Wayne. He did, but he complained because he's a vegan now and so.
Speaker 1: He very hard. He's so vegan. I literally hate it. Do you know he had me eating, he had his cook making a cheeseburger, but the burger was obviously vegan, but the cheese was vegan. Could you taste the difference in the cheese?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: The only thing I will say that annoys me about him is the only thing is that he won't let you. He had us by brand new pots because he said that meat was cooked in it, and I was like, yo, but I give him grace because he shot it with us in antline was a trooper and then he had to reshoot because we lost the files. You so, so technically he could serve me. He could he he had every right to make me work extra hard on those pots. He was like, you kind of know you know that I I can't have animal products cooked in the same And I was just like, all right, it's only because he fell care.
Speaker 1: You want to know. That's a sad thing right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But but I give grace because it was two episodes.
Speaker 1: It was it was a two episode what I'm saying, So shout out to him.
Speaker 3: But anyways, we've had quite quite a few, quite quite a few. But we're gonna see if your dish can trump theirs.
Speaker 1: Oh it can because I know, I know what I'm doing. And when this start gonna making noise, like when it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Start, do you have it up high?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good? Yeah, you may need Maybe I wanted to add something in there because if you really look like you don't cook, don't do that. Look you really know why I'm cutting the butty kind of crazy, but I'm trying to make noise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's electric. Be careful because it will eventually. I don't I don't know if it's gonna make it. You got to turn that fire up. It will it will, yeah, it will. Sorry, Oh, we can make a whole bloop of real with you cooking. I can see this going very far.
Speaker 1: I'm really matter of fact. You know how to make hot dogs? They usually boil them. No, you know how to make hot dogs.
Speaker 3: They put a bunch of random stuff in a tube and then you eat it, and then they say on the disclaimer and we think it's pork, chicken, beef, a bunch of blended stuff. What was the last time you ate this dish?
Speaker 1: That's a good sign. It had to be a while ago.
Speaker 3: That's a good sign. So take me back to what was going on during this pork and beans era.
Speaker 1: Okay, during the pork and beans ever, I had to be a little girl. I mean.
Speaker 3: That's the system. Yes, Now I'm cooking, so in your face you were so happy, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm so. I'm adding more because I love how it sounds. I'm gonna add more. But during this ever, I was definitely a little girl at home with mommy and daddy. And this is very easy to make by yourself, obviously, But listen, I grew up with my parents they making everything. That's why I don't want to cook.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, did they teach you how to make this dish? Was this the one dish they taught you that you could cook? It doesn't sound like it sounds like you were definitely getting your meals cooked.
Speaker 1: I was definitely getting my meals kicked. I mean, it's so easy. I don't really need them to teach me because you have. You stand there in the kitchen, you be like, oh, sho, was she putting the hot dogs in the pan? I need to know how to put the hot dogs in the pan?
Speaker 3: So, as a kid, was this your favorite dish or something? Is this why you picked this?
Speaker 1: Well? This is one of my favorites. I have another favorite as well, but this is one of my favorites because it's it's just so savory and just so good. Like the pork and beans. Juice is the best. I just like the soupy. It's so good. You know what you go also do? If you hook it up, you could do like an actual hot dog, Like you could add two meals together. You could do hot dog with the ketchup and the mustard and then put this, make the beans, and then you dip the hot dog in the beans. Oh my god. Or you take the hot dog, you put the beans, take the beans, put the beans on top of the hot dog. Oh my god. I should have told you about the bread.
Speaker 3: Someone asked me to and I said, no, she has rice. But you know what, it sounds like you get real creative with this dish, like you have home with it. Okay, So take me back to your household growing up, two parent household. It sounds like, yes, two parents, parents, parents stole together. Yes that's great.
Speaker 1: I know people are always so like shocked, like your parents are still together. I'm like, yeah, that means you believe in love and all that. Now, absolutely, Actually I love a girl.
Speaker 3: I always believe in love, okay, with with the without, so you don't hate if you're single, you don't be like believing, n did it? You walk past couples like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Totally had one boyfriend my whole life. You know, I'm twenty five by the way. Okay, yeah you're a baby. Yeah, so it's like.
Speaker 3: Are you still with him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Well see the parents influence hasn't hasn't The real world hasn'tained you because of your.
Speaker 1: Parents' influence probably exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, two parent household, middle class, upper class rich.
Speaker 1: What's the middle? The middle? Middle? What's the middle?
Speaker 3: Middle is?
Speaker 1: Wow? This take me back to school.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you guys about middle class. Middle classes. You pay for everything and you don't get any Hell that's like there's no government assistance. There's no free medical or anything.
Speaker 1: Oh middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then you're middle. That means they paid the most. Unfortunately, that's how it is, right because the rich can afford it, and then the poor get help.
Speaker 1: But the middle what the middle do?
Speaker 3: The middle don't get nothing. They just stay working hard, like both your parents had to work. Yeah, yeah, they working hard.
Speaker 1: They've been working all their lives I have a very working household. So like, you know, as soon as it was time for me to be able to get a job, like no hesitation. Like even my little sister now she's eight, have a little sisters who are eighteen.
Speaker 3: I thought you want to say she's eight.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, already, she's eighteen. She don't play no games. She already got two jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you come from that that see. But that's the thing about that middle class, So they you work hard because you know there's gonna be nothing given too.
Speaker 1: You're kind of used to that, right exactly.
Speaker 3: But I like that you come from this hard work ethic. What's one of your first jobs you had out the gate.
Speaker 1: Well, I only had three, nine to five's my whole life, So I'll just tell you all of them. The first one was I was working in the supermarket at sixteen. This was just a summer job for real. Once I got back to school in high school, I stopped working. And then after that I worked at Burlington. So this was my college job. So I started there when I was eighteen and I worked there for four years of college. So through COVID and everything. Oh, it was so crazy at that store during COVID. During COVID German COVID too, I was working there.
Speaker 3: I felt like everything was shut down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was shut down. But when they opened back up, Oh, we were right in there.
Speaker 3: Okay. When during COVID did you actually work or were you able to get unemployment?
Speaker 1: I was definitely unemployment. But then when the summer came and the world opened back up, everybody come to work and I was in there room, my mask on the line is out the door. Why is the line out the door? Because we've been Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people got used to living in pj's all day, not wearing makeup. You know what I'm saying. I got used to not wearing makeup for so long and cold because LA was shut down for like two years. Yeah, so now I don't apparely wear makeup. It felt like two years. It was like a year and a half. Oh yeah, two years, about two years. Okay, your hot dogs look nice and burnt and crispy, and they're not ready.
Speaker 1: They're too light, see they too light skin.
Speaker 3: Okay, they look like they getting close to charcoal.
Speaker 1: But hey, you're being a chef. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, you got to make sure you make an extra one for my daughter.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Look we got three and we got three okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Oh I forgot to tell you the last job after I graduated college May two, I started breaking at the bank. So then I had kept my Burlington job and the bank jobs. I was working two jobs after college. Are you serious? Okay? Now, what were your aspirations in college? My aspirations was to always be an actress. I went to school for communication, Arts and performance studies, so I was doing like a lot of like acting in there. Nothing else really interests me. Like there was a time where I was thinking about dentists because I really like teeth. You have nice teeth, by the way, thank you. And then after that it was more like I just really love movies and TV and all of that film Like, I just love anything that got to do with entertainment. So I just so before.
Speaker 3: You went to college, I know, I was reading in some of your notes that like in high school you got voted like class clown, right or were you were you voted class clown in high school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then did that have a pivotal like place in like the trajectory of your life being voted that?
Speaker 1: Not? Really, just because like even before getting that. I've just always just been this way since birth. And what's this way? Like outgoing? Just very outgoing and like very playful and loud and like I could step into a room and just own it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, own it, own it, own it. Okay, So you saw that very early on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people did. I used to be in the windows like this. Do you want to turn off that burner?
Speaker 3: She just moved it off. She said, forget turning it off. No, yeah, you're right, that's the right one.
Speaker 1: See why they don't allow me in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Look those little burnt hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Don't do that crispy look at them?
Speaker 3: Then burnt crispies is the camera, and do it under the camera so it can see.
Speaker 1: These looks so pretty. You can't have them be life skinned.
Speaker 3: Look I like the little crispy shells. Matter of fact, does krispy shell in the soft inside?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Now, she's gonna move on to the beans.
Speaker 1: Yes I am, and I'm gonna just do the beans right here, although this one is already high ready for me. Huh.
Speaker 3: Okay, So take me to the decisions where you decide you're going to get a second job. Why did you have to get a second job. You're not You're obviously not living at home at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, it wasn't. No, I am at home. Okay, can I tell you at home as we sit right here next to you.
Speaker 3: I still live in Brooklyn, but with your parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, really, yes, I don't my game, I would, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your parents don't try to push you out at eighteen or nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm not from like like any projects anything. I've olays lived in the house, so it's like I have the space and stuff. Yeah. Yeah, so no, my mama ain't trying to kick me out. She loves you too much. It's like, I guess they like I have older parents. They like I have older parents there. They in their fifty sixties now, so it's like they already know how life is outside. They've been through everything. So it's like, you know, you leave when you're like absolutely ready. So they just be like on that kind of time, and you know, like you don't ever just have to like leave, like leave when you want to leave, you know, but it's time because I'm not gonna lie. I'm like grown out of the room. I close and your space and.
Speaker 3: My body, your body she's limp thick.
Speaker 1: Anybody, all the listeners tell them that I'm slim thick. She slim thick.
Speaker 3: Thank you slim, but she got the cakes. Am I supposed to say that inappropriately?
Speaker 1: No, that's I want to thank you because.
Speaker 3: They be thinking I'm just no. No, she's slim thick, period. All right, love that you. Yeah, you can use the water. That's your water.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: So tell me, So you're at home at what point? So you're you're you're making all this money. What is motivating you to work two jobs?
Speaker 1: So I wasn't making anything yet? This is like after college. So after college, since I was still working at Burlington, I didn't I'm not okay, I'm yeah.
Speaker 3: Put the pop back on it so you don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mama not playing over here, y'all.
Speaker 3: We don't want her to. She talk with her hands and she gets the yeah.
Speaker 1: So boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna sit. It's gonna sizzle.
Speaker 1: I know you want to hear the sizzle.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're working these two jobs. After college, you graduate with a degree in the arts.
Speaker 1: Yes, the degree. My bachelor's are arts. I got that degree and I have. I also ran track. That's why I'm slim there. That's where I get this from.
Speaker 3: So I real, I know that's so random.
Speaker 1: They kind of.
Speaker 3: Like they have the little slit right here, you know what I'm talking about in the thighs.
Speaker 1: I know exactly that, but that kind of like leaves because that's myself that leaves. It leaves if you're not like, okay, guys, I got like big track thighs though.
Speaker 3: They're like, I love that for you, but how we get detailed? Okay, you started to talk about the yeah and you start to talk about track though.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I'm not a yeah because I'm very competitive, Like I'm like not a quitter. So I'm not about to just quit the Burdlinton job. They I'm not put it into two weeks. I'm like, I'm a juggle both, yeah, whatever more money for me. And I just have a very hard working mindset. Like I don't know my parents, that's as I going back to that, like them working all their lives and giving us like anything whatever. I've always been on every vacation every year, we go around everywhere everywhere. I never really like like even if they were like middle class and hard workers and not making all this crazy money. I lived very comfortably and like always on vacations with my family every single year. So I have like a lot of memories with my family.
Speaker 3: But but where does that independence to want to work?
Speaker 1: Cause you want for myself, Like I don't want to. I don't like the whole mommy daddy money all the time, Like I did that during high school and then that first year of college, I'm like, I don't really cause that was like I got a boyfriend my first year at college, right, so now I'm ubering. Now now I'm starting these ubers. It was never uber when I was in high school. I was walking to school. So now I'm taking ubers. But the money's going quick. Like so it's like.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to call your parents obviously because you're kind of grown. You're starting to get into that more grown state, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm going on, what was that going on? Now? Eighteen? Because I was seventeen going into college. So it's like I don't want to keep like asking for mommy daddy money to go see a boyfriend, you know what I mean, because now it's what they stop giving it to you. Are you trying to go see that you know what I mean. It's like if you get if you you know, get the stuff you need for yourself, you ain't got to ask nobody exactly. I just always feel like I don't like asking people for nothing, even today, Like if I don't have it, I'm gonna figure it out. Yeah, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 3: But what drives you to get a second job? If you're comfortable? But I like it?
Speaker 1: I just I always just like why too well?
Speaker 3: Because because no, Because sometimes I think if someone's comfortable, like in your case, but I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have anything when I came out of college.
Speaker 3: But you were at home, right, So you but to push yourself to say, Okay, I have extra little bit of time, I'm gonna go and get another job. There's some driving factor.
Speaker 1: In Okay, I understand what you're saying. So when after after I graduated, I wanted a new job because the Burlington job was like I'm going on like a year four now, so it's like, I want a new job. So I got a bank job and it was more money, I was getting paid more, the rate was higher, and then I just kept the Burlington job as some side joint got it. Yeah, so like, if I couldn't make it to work, I would just post my shift and people will take it because it's so many people that working at Okay, that same job.
Speaker 3: So so you used the Burlington as as like a side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that side pocket money and the bank.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get tempted?
Speaker 1: Actually, never got tempted. I was in there making my TikTok videos on my lunch breaks and stuff. It was cool. It was just that, like you have to be there with like to open up the bank, be two people, so like if you late, you got the other person waiting on you. And child was they waiting on me every single morning? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How long did you last?
Speaker 1: I lasted a year. I got fired a year later. They were shutting down my branch. Oh and they was everybody was losing their jobs shutting down my branch. So that's the only reason I got fired and I got I end up getting fired for fan girl. They fired me. You want to know why? Why? Because I kept posting the shifts, So I didn't never really do nothing. I kept posting. I kept posting the shifts and people kept taking it. So they're like this not even paying Yeah, this girl never here, so we might as well just let her go. So they just let me go because I was never coming. But I never really did anything to get fired.
Speaker 3: Okay, But now just to go back to the banking, just because I've never been in banking, Ye, did it change your perception on money or how you view people that had money versus not? Like, did people that have money look a certain way versus people that didn't? Were their mannerisms different. I'm just genuinely curious working in a bank from knowing.
Speaker 1: Whats in there?
Speaker 3: So for real, yeah, like you mean like people are.
Speaker 1: Here trying to come. I'm like, you're gonna have to go to that lady over there. I don't know. You ain't finna do this under my account.
Speaker 3: Like cashing checks out and stuff.
Speaker 1: Exactly because there was like there was a time, I think there was a time where like something was going on where it was like a lot of fraud stuff that was going on, so people was coming in and cashing out or on some scamming stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. That was the last thing I would think you would say. But I guess it makes sense because you know, sometimes banks give you a hard time. You'd be like, why why you even you should trust me. But now I see.
Speaker 1: You know what, I actually fully understand now the fdi C. Because I didn't understand that before I worked at the bank. I understand that. Now. What do you understand about it? That if you lose your money, you only getting two hundred and fifty thousand dollars back. Even if you got a millionaire, you only getting they only you only get too Do.
Speaker 3: You understand the fdi C. Then I didn't know what the FDIC was. I'm guessing it's insurance. Yes, okay, but that sucks. But are you on the team of them? Are you on the team?
Speaker 1: No? I'm saying, like, that's crazy. I never knew that the FDIC's that. But now, like I was, as I'm working in the bank, I'm finding out all these different kind of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. So if I put a million in the bank and someone takes it.
Speaker 1: You only get your only thing insured is two fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: So why would anyone keep their money in banks?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Maybe after this we're gonna go take hour shut out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't have two hundred and fifty and if you came with but if I get over two hundred and fifty and will it will manifactation and rearifestation if I get to it, when I get my two fifty, yea one two hundred and fifty one thousand, best believe that one thousand making it career? I don't know about you, but that's a that's a good that's a good life lesson to learn anyways. All right, So at what point do you start going on socials and making it a career choice?
Speaker 1: Wait? What do you mean by that break down?
Speaker 3: I love how she's I figured you would have done this before. I thought we were gonna eat him as holes. I have to judge eat him as what holes? Like a whole hot dog?
Speaker 1: Uh Uh? You better cut them up trying to choke on your food.
Speaker 3: Okay, So at what point do you turn content creation into a career choice?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. It shocked me too, as I you know, I never really like planted anything. Like everything just kind of start falling into place, won't God do it? Everything just start falling into place for me? Because during my last year of college, my senior year, that's when I was on somebody else's platform. So I was on a guy named Sean YouTube channel and I kind of took over his channel where like he had me as his like guest all the time. So it was like Zoe does this, though, does that? THO does this? So it was like, let's say like twenty videos straight of just us on his page. And that's what like really got me popular to where I made my own channel after college. That's how I got into my own contact. I started my YouTube channel after I graduated, and I got monetized in one week. It one week in a week. It took me. It took me a long time. I know, people were telling me, like like the boys that I were hanging around and stuff, like the creators they were telling me, yo, it took me like two years. Get mad at me. I'm like, brother, I don't know what y'all want me to do, y'all, but.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't want to take it away. But you said prior you were on that YouTube channel for what a year building up? Yeah, so technically it took you like with a year, so yeah, but you earned it, ok. You worked, you worked it, you showed up right, and you you were in every episode. So cause I don't want to guests being like, oh she wasn't a lottery. It's like, no, you did a year stuff with him and then and then you decide to branch on your own exactly.
Speaker 1: And people were definitely seeing me and I was doing stuff like basically I was being put on like all these different like blind dates and stuff like I was like the blind date queen in New York, where like I was kind of like not being like during my dates. I wasn't always really nice. I was like, ugh, what you wearing, nigga? This what the fuck you're gonna put on? Coming in here with me? That's how I would talk. I've done anymore. But that's how like the videos went. So they were very entertaining the kids.
Speaker 3: Were they real blind dates or no, they weren't real? Okay, like both cast all the other person on the other side.
Speaker 1: All planned okay, but it was I would hit these people up saying hey, well that's when I started doing my own stuff. But like Sean used to get the blind data, sometimes I didn't even know who it would be anyway, because Sean would put me on the date and I would just be like getting in a car like this blindfolded and stuff.
Speaker 3: So but they were never real people.
Speaker 1: They weren't like real blind daters. I mean, like we're real people.
Speaker 3: They were real people, and you were, well, they gonna be robot no, you know what I mean. Like, it wasn't like, Okay, I put you on a blind date and then you're gonna treat them like however you wanna treat them. But the person they did not know that they were walking I guess they knew.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people don't be knowing what they're walking into. But then they know me some some of these people know as well, Okay, so and EI are like real people that would be like at studio videos with us or like they might do stuff for their own as well.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, so once you get monetized in a week, how addictive was it for you to continually put out content.
Speaker 1: I was definitely a YouTube bird. I was doing my YouTube thing. I started my own series of my blind dates and have one of my content creator guy friends Ron. He was putting me, excuse me, he was putting me on all these different blind dates. When I started like my own series on my own channel, that went like really really well. And then I started doing best friend content head and I got introduced to twitch girl and I done left you too?
Speaker 3: Now does Twitch make you more money? Because it pays more to deal with Twitch?
Speaker 1: So with Twitch it's just like, well, I'm not even sure about like making more. No, I feel like you do kind of make more money. Actually, it just it just depends. Because with YouTube you have something called like the RPM, and then with the RPM, I got a Friday's up with the RPM. Just don't touch that, please got you? With the RPM, the higher the higher it is, the more money you make. So like let's say if it's six dollars or whatever, you're not making that much. But versus if it's like an eight dollar RPM, you're gonna make more from your video. Yeah, based off the views and stuff like that. But with Twitch, you have people in real time sending you gifts, sending you subs, or they can actually like if they want to speak on there and talk, they can sends where with the donation they're able to like tts where they can talk on your stream. Okay, like it will be like something like Siri talking like this user name says blah blah blah blah blah, Zoe you are so gorgeous like something like that, and they'll donate money and then they can like, you're gonna make me want to get on Twitch. Now get on girl club.
Speaker 3: Because now, well you're pro female content creators, which I think is unique in the female space because sometimes it's hit and miss whether females are pro female or semi hater female.
Speaker 1: Semi hater females. Yeah, we have many of those these days. But this is life. This is what comes with it.
Speaker 3: Were there any collaborations that you got and you were like surprised or and or extremely excited about. Yes.
Speaker 1: So when I first like was able to get sexy Red, I was so excited. Yeah, I was literally so so excited. And then when it when we went through with it, it was so successful. How did that collab come about? I think someone from my team because she was she came out to New York for like a whole week, so she streamed with another streamer and then myself. Yeah, so people are people on the team. We got behind this, We got behind the scenes people working helping me out grow.
Speaker 3: I was gonna, I was about to say, because now you're you're also adding another layer that you have a team. Absolutely, did you build your team or did they kind of approach you?
Speaker 1: I would say I definitely build my team and still.
Speaker 3: Is okay, hey you hear that, guys, there's some there's some room on the.
Speaker 1: Squad gang gang gang. But I definitely am building like a women's team though a woman's like.
Speaker 3: Or oh, you mean like your team is all women mostly? Really, do you think it's because you can depend on them more or are you I just.
Speaker 1: Like it's just black women just need to win, period. Yeah, that's what I'd rather be women. Okay, I like that for you. I don't got nothing against the men, like I'd be on here. I'd be on here going crazy with uplifting the women as I should. And it's nothing against the men. It's just that y'all got it all. So it's like that's the only reason why. So I love y'all men too. Still, but you gotta put the ladies first these days because it's just too much on women these days, Like it's just not the same.
Speaker 3: So this is my bias, and this is probably it could be inaccurate. Don't fact check me, but I feel like, if you have a team and it's men and women, yeah, the women end up carrying most of the weight and the men become manicaps. So it's it's like it almost works better if you have, say all men are all women. But I see guys coming in here and they have all men team, really, and I see women coming here and they have well, not that many women have an all women team, but I will say you today you had a whole woman's squad, which was impressive. But I don't think I have had a guest on the show that had.
Speaker 1: An all woman really squad.
Speaker 3: But not every guest comes with a squad.
Speaker 1: Now, it might be hard. It might be hard because we all get our periods. We all get our periods, we all have those days. But we should just still be uplifting each other because we just should a lot of people try to like bash us a lot, you know, and then it's like we don't get the same treatment and stuff like that, so we should just come together. Yeah, you know that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: So what's the hardest part of your business?
Speaker 1: Right now? I would say some that smells good, thank you, I'm excited. The hardest part, I would say the hardest part is really like staying focused and being consistent because I feel like you get I get I'm of every I'm a person that gets distracted very easily, turn off girls. I'm killing her. Y'all people that watch you so scary, I really want to make and then.
Speaker 3: She talks like this and You're just like, please, God, don't let those fingernails hit melt. Okay, So now I got thrown off foes asking.
Speaker 1: Man, you said, I hold on. You said something good.
Speaker 3: You said I was like asking about the hardest part of your business.
Speaker 1: What's the hardest part of my business? And you said staying focused, staying focused, staying consistent, because you know, like, I get distracted very easily, and I feel like distracted by what though anything. You drop a pen, I'm focused on the pen.
Speaker 3: How how many hours a day do you put it into streaming?
Speaker 1: Okay, right now I'm not on my I'm not on my shit. I'm gonna be honest. Okay, right now I'm not on my shit. I'm gonna get on my ship. But right now I'm not on my ship. But when I was on it eight eight hours a day, not even a day, but maybe I might do like a three day thing. Eight if I game, it's gonna be over. Twelve if I game, Oh, if I get the gaming, it's gonna be over ten hours for sure. Wow, gaming, you get locked into there? So what are you distracted by currently? Currently? Okay, I'm about to get a little bit sentimental now. So right now, I'm just at a point where it's like I'm just trying to figure out I'm trying to figure out my like my career because I really want to be an actress and I really want to get started on locking in with that. Like you can do everything at once, yet if you put your heart in one thing, more like it's gonna work out, you know. So it's like like I'm dedicated to streaming right now. But if I'm dedicated to streaming, how am I gonna become this big movie star? You know? So, like I'm really trying to figure out like that part of my life right now. And then like with streaming right now has become less fun. It's become less of me wanting to do it because of all of like the it just starts. It just started to get very like right now, like streaming kind of just became less fun and just like it's more like very acting now. It's like because it used to be very just like improv and just fun and just yeah, short, short, short and proven I got you. It's like this.
Speaker 3: Look your hands begins, so turn it off. Turn it off, all right, So plate the dish, eat us. What are we doing rice?
Speaker 1: Oh it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we got some cold rice here.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have some. You should have had some balls.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how you ate this, okay, I didn't know if it was gonna be a rice with beans on the side.
Speaker 1: Here. Use this as, oh, you really want a bowl?
Speaker 3: No, you're gonna sacrifice, okay, because I want to get into your story right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leave it, leave it.
Speaker 3: So now let's go back. Yes, and we're gonna go back to some of the hurdles up streaming.
Speaker 1: This looks great on the side, however you do it, I really do it in a bowl and eat it like its soup.
Speaker 3: But then where do you put the rice on the side? Look, sorry for ruining your bowl fantasy. Let's try this. So, guys, I was trying to figure out the difference between baked beans and pork and beans, and according to the can, this is tomato sauce. I don't know if the baked beans always come out sweet. So that's that was my conclusion.
Speaker 1: Tomato sauce. In tomato sauce.
Speaker 3: Now she's gonna view her her thing differently.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead try it. Oh, you try it in tomato, so I don't beginning. I went in the hood. I get Canto's porking beans. Girl. It's the same thing. You're gonna eat it.
Speaker 3: It tastes the same, you madcal This is tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: Don't judge your own. Get down with this right now. I like it with the rice, even not in a bowl.
Speaker 3: Good, good, Joey.
Speaker 1: I like the way you did your hot dogs. Nobody ever really liked that.
Speaker 3: I like it with the crunchy, little fake burnt, the overtan in the tanning bit too.
Speaker 1: Long, It's still nice and soft. Mm okay, I could cook, Joe.
Speaker 3: What were you saying about the streaming being like more like fake and less improvably.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yes, so basically I like how we really like this though.
Speaker 3: I like how you you eating it too, though I was scared you weren't gonna eat it because of the tomato. All right, go on, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It feels like Brooklyn in here. M Jesus is great, thank you, and you have to have you see why you have to have sugar. You cannot be without the sugar.
Speaker 3: That's why why we don't taste the tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: Real to make like I've never even heard of that. It don't look like tomato sauce. But yes, So as of right now, it's like I really want to, like I really want to start going into like my career path of acting and getting into like some classes and doing some like going out there. What do I do when you like auditions, going to do auditions, like really landing something for real, because like I don't want to stream forever obviously, and then right now with streaming, it's like I feel like some of the love has kind of been taken out of it. It's just like like people like people make things, you know, Like I feel like people people like, for example, if you go to a party, people were going to make the party, right yeah, So I feel like people make like the platform what it is and what it's becoming is, and like it has become so it has become like so like fake. It's not fun anymore. I can see that.
Speaker 3: How do your parents that you've been doing it for a while, how do your parents perceive your career when it comes to the streaming and the online content.
Speaker 1: So at first, with like the whole content thing, they didn't really like, you know, again, my parents are older, so they weren't really like like, you're really making real money from this, Like this is really making you money. Yeah, it was kind of like I feel like it was a little bit unbelievable at firsts that I'm until I really start making money and like attention start. Like if I'm outside with my parents and they're seeing all these people come up to me for pictures, It's like what the hell? They literally like what the hell? They're literally like what And like today now obviously it's like one hundred percent they believe everything, But at first it was just like you ain't like you gotta go get a real job where you gotta go get benefits and you need to go get your your health insurance and get your dentals and all of that.
Speaker 3: And what about the acting side though? Are they also like, well, you got a degree in arts, Like what are you doing with that?
Speaker 1: Well with the whole acting thing, because I've been like so like tonal vision or like content, I haven't really like talked about the whole acting thing, but recently, like this summer, I was doing like a lot of self tapes and stuff. So I'm showing my family and stuff.
Speaker 3: But are they but are they taking it positively or do you feel like there's a little bit of negative?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think it's I think it's for sure positive. I'm always out though. So my mom be like, you need you need time for yourself. You need to sit down and you need to just relax for a second. You can't go work at all these places and go to all these events and everything. You have to take time for yourself, which is true, because you do got to sit down sometimes.
Speaker 3: Is she feeling like now you're working out too much?
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes, but she definitely like understands no.
Speaker 3: Because what she's saying you need time for yourself, it almost sounds like there's like.
Speaker 1: A because sometimes like let's say I'll be like on a two week run, Like let's say I'll go like Atlanta, New York, LA, which I just did. So it's like I'm not sitting down right now, like on a two week run, and like if I get back home, it's like sit down, okay, like that just you know, I'm still their little baby.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it's harder to come from the content creator space to cross over into acting now, I'm starting to feel like they're being a little bit more lenient on content creators.
Speaker 1: Seems a little bit more lenient now. I feel like a lot of things are more lenient now, and I feel like they go hand in hand because you know, like with content and like with all of the videos that I've created so far, I work on my craft while doing that. So like I'm like in my head, I'm like, Okay, I'm in my acting bag right now, although I'm shooting content and I'm my authentic self, but I'm still like acting as well, because I mean I do still turn it on for the camera. I'm not really turning much on because I'm the same way, but I'm still like turning it on. Yes, know how to turn it off.
Speaker 3: Is there a parameter that is there a you sound like me, that's how I'll be talking.
Speaker 1: Is there a.
Speaker 3: Bar that you have in regards to like accepting roles for acting? Is there, like it does it have to have a certain paycheck or does it have to have a certain cash Like do you have a I don't want to see the word barameter again.
Speaker 1: Bar No, I get it now. When you said bar I put it together. So as of right now, I'm going to say no just because I don't have projects. So it's like you can't be acting for all of this if you don't got nothing to show. Yeah, I mean I got something to show in a different world. Yeah, But those are two different worlds because I feel like the directors don't get don't care if you got ten million you're the best content creator in the world. You have to be the best actress actor in the world. It's two different worlds at the end of the day. Yeah, And they're looking for like good actors and actresses. They don't always care about those numbers because then you would see so many content creators in movies. You don't see.
Speaker 3: That, no, But I do notice that when content creators do crossover, there's like I know, like Melvin Gregg, I don't know if you know who he is. He's an LA content creator. Like once he started switching over the movies, you see him completely. It's almost like distance himself from content creating.
Speaker 1: But just like DC Young Fly, Remember he was seeing a lot of content and then he was in that movie on Netflix or something like that, and he got the show too, what show look?
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying. He dc owns his whole everything.
Speaker 1: And then he did that movie. Do you remember that movie on Netflix? It was like a funny movie about weed. It was like a weed. He was how High I'm gonna look? Okay, he was in something called How High? And yeah, after that, you said, the other guy, he distanced hmself from distance.
Speaker 3: But it's weird because now you're seeing it more and more movies, content creators pop out. So I feel like you working hard on your numbers on this end. It's beneficial and just now you guys gotta I guess crossover on the acting side and improves the people.
Speaker 1: Why so how these numbers can benefit y'all and get all of that? No, for sure?
Speaker 3: Is there any type of acting role that you're specifically would like to try out for?
Speaker 1: Is it comedy? Drama? Definitely? Comedy? Definitely. I want to do a movie with Regina. A lot of people compare me to her. I get a lot of comparisons where they're like, you guys need to do a mommy' daughter okay film? I think that would be so hot. Did you see a man of her too. I love Regina Hole.
Speaker 3: Did you see my I saw, I saw it.
Speaker 1: I saw Yeah, I got the braids, every piece of outfit down to the ground. I was looking just like that lady. I think that would be really good. But the roles that I would definitely want a book is things that I'm uncomfortable with and comfortable with, as far as like uncomfortability, as far as like doing something that's just like out of my Yeah, what would that look like, because like obviously people look at me like as like I'm just like this comedy. I could do like some comedy for sure, and some drama, but something on the sides of like scary movie but like actually a scary movie or something like sentimental where it's like she's like they never see me serious, like when they see me seriously.
Speaker 3: I feel like I would be shocked to see you like play like a serious like dead asst Like I feel like halle Berry does a good job at like.
Speaker 1: You kinda look like Ali hilarious but but like I ain't even see that to your.
Speaker 3: But I do feel like she does a good job at like like because I do think when you're physically beautiful like, I think Michael B. Jordan's physically beautiful, which makes it kind of hard, in my opinion, to see him as an actor. Sometimes I feel like I feel like his beauty kind of takes away from his no way, ye no. But I feel like halle Berry and j Lo do such a great job in acting that even though they're both very stunning, they're not afraid to like downgrade their stunningness. But I think because Michael B. Jordan is literally like, you can't unmake up him, it's hard to see him as a great You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Have you worked for him, by the way, No, but but manifest that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I manifest him as my husband, Michael, my any of the above. If you work with him, you you You know what I'm saying. I got friends that know him, but they haven't connected because I heard he's like a little ho ho.
Speaker 1: I mean shit, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it, That's all I get it.
Speaker 1: If I look like him, I'll probably be a little yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay. There was a content creator that was talking about mental health and sometimes how the numbers of followers don't equate to the actual money. Can you talk on that your perspective obviously.
Speaker 1: So the numbers don't equate with the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, like I think there's an assumption that, oh, this person has and it was a content creator that put out a video like a couple of days ago, and he was just like, an assumption is I have say four million followers on this platform. Then the assumption is that I'm making a crazy amount of money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can say that they actually don't equate because he got four million, But what if he got that four million like a while ago or something and he's not producing, like that's content and like being consistent and working. It's it's not the same, you know, like I have. I think I just hit four hundred sub followers on Twitch now four hundred thousand. Sorry, I just hit four hundred thousand. But I haven't been consistent, So I'm not gonna see all this big money if I'm not you know, doing anything about it, you know what I mean? And then how's the mental health? I can say that, like sometimes the numbers, like being in the midst of it, it can discoverage you a little bit because it's like, all right, let's say let's say I haven't streamed for a while and I come back and now I got like three hunting, I'd be like, oh, so like irritated. I'd be kind of wanting to get off, But you can't get off because I have built it back up again because they haven't seen you in a while, so they're not coming to your pay because you ain't been here in a while. They thinking that, Okay, she's not you know what I mean. Yah, So that kind of like that kind of like messes with the mentor a little bit. But if you know, like I'm very confident in myself. I know that I can leave and I could come back and be popping again because I have it in me. If you ain't got it in you, then it's like you need to think about your life and yourself. However, when me, like, I got it so bad, not being cocky, I have it so bad that like it's my gift, so I don't be too bothered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do think it's interesting that the numbers do mess with you, because I'm starting to wonder if social media is actually good for us, even at content creators. I mean they're not like because content creators also, like you guys, put in a lot of work. You know and then sometimes because the algorithms are the forces that are invisible, that be change or up, it can also affect you. But like, are you guys, are you looking at the numbers?
Speaker 1: Are you looking at the dollars?
Speaker 3: You know, I think it sounds like you look at both, but definitely the do you look at both? But it seems like the numbers kind of but they mess with you a little, but.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really like it doesn't really like sometimes it does. But it's my fault though, you know, as far as like you can see numbers and you can see all this greatness for yourself if you're doing what you have to do. If I'm coming in and I'm like getting mentally stressed out about numbers, well, why is your numbers that way? You got to take some type of accountability for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like you can check yourself out personally, Zoway. But it does sound like there is a there's a pre just discussion there. There's like, oh man, the numbers are low, and it does affect you a little bit, even though you're it sounds like you're able to recover and self talk and like you know what you bring to the table. But I do think that it still needs to be acknowledged some degree that it does play with your mental a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I'm so hardcore hunk. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: Because you're from New York.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I don't care, and then you got pieces of you in the back that care.
Speaker 3: But do you have a like a bag amount that you have to make a month where you like, no matter what, I gotta do work every.
Speaker 1: I don't even really like set money goals of like what I want to make every month. I actually don't do that. That's actually something I should do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, and just figure out a way to like maintain it. What advice would you give to people trying to get into this lane, especially the female streamers, because I know you're in support of.
Speaker 1: Them absolutely well to the females of course, So you just really have to, like you have to like coming into this, you really have to like be mentally prepared, physically, spiritually, and mentally because it's not like it's very male dominated. It's not like they don't. It's not for us, but it can be and it should be. But you just really have to be grounded in this because any anything that you may do that, the world may not like they will get you quicker than they would get a male. So you just really have to stay grounded and be consistent, be strong, and if it's something that's really for you, then do that. If it's not, don't because a lot a stream is not for everybody. Like a lot of people say, how can you sit there and have just camera on you all day? And there's no time for yourself. So it's like, do it if you really want to do it, you know, and also really try hard to try hard to be consistent and focused because I struggle with that personally. So if you're eys have a person who struggle struggle with being consistent and very focused, that's what you really need in this field for sure. And to be strong for real because people and we end up seeing a lot of girls crying on twitch on twitch me myself and I was one of them. So you just really got you really gotta be strong because then yeah, but shout out to the ladies though, because I'm not even gonna lie. They actually been eating on twitch is we have? So it's so many girls on twitch now, which I.
Speaker 3: Love, And do you ever get to collab with each other.
Speaker 1: I've collabed with. I've collabsed with some Right now, I'm just trying to lock in with myself and really like get myself on on here. Good.
Speaker 3: But and and it seems like you're also considering pivoting out, not pivoting out, but I guess adding, adding, adding.
Speaker 1: Not even pivoting out. Actually, I'm gonna juggle as long as I want to juggle, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You definitely look like you could do it too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I call myself a jack of old trade. I like that. Zoe.
Speaker 3: Where can everybody keep up with you?
Speaker 1: You could keep up with me on any platform at Zoe Spencer s.
Speaker 3: P E N C E R guys, Zoe Spencer for all y'all listeners tuning in.
Speaker 1: Oh, can I tell you one thing? Yeah, so you have Zoe Spencer and you have Zoe Spencer. A lot of people say Zoe Spencer, but it's Zoe Spencer. Are you serious?
Speaker 3: This whole time? You let me say A one hundred times.
Speaker 1: Because my name is Zoe. Wait, like, my name is Zoe, so your name is Zoe Spencer.
Speaker 3: I don't understand this is this is the real Oh that's how you're supposed to spell.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is like my real name, Zoe. Yeah, okay, okay, and that's my real actual name. How you spell it? But I don't spell it like that. On my platform. It's just Zoe for short.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, let me see that again.
Speaker 1: I'm getting confused. Okay, so this is if I'm allowed to say that out loud. Yeah, don't. This is really me. But this is really my name. Okay, but Zoe Spencer for sure, because so Zoe Spencer Spencer. But if you say Zoe Spencer, I'm not mad because my name is.
Speaker 3: So I get the past.
Speaker 1: I got no, you're you can say whatever you want Zoe Spencer. But you know, God whispered in my ear Zoe's real name, and so I went with it.
Speaker 3: And that's what we do on eating while broke. We do our researcher make sure that the real name is represented.
Speaker 1: But Zoe Spencer.
Speaker 3: Check out Zoe Spencer everywhere on platforms and matter of fact, I want to do a reintro in No, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you that was I get why you did it, though, I always tell people that.
Speaker 3: I get why because it's your real name is Zoe. So that's why you would people because it's like, yeah, yeah, Zoe Spencer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's Zoe Spencer. That's how I that's how we get the name.
Speaker 3: And yes, thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Peace Out, peace Out,