Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty, I know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian's chilling testimony about being bound, gagged, and held at gunpoint when masked men burst into her hotel room in Paris. Kardashian in Paris facing the suspects in court they're accused of stealing more than six million dollars in jewelry during the heist in twenty sixteen. She told the court she absolutely thought she was going to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that did.
Speaker 3: That didn't get as much attention as it probably should have at the time, I guess because a lot of people have kind of a knee jerk dislike of Kim Kardashian in that whole thing, or.
Speaker 1: Assume everything they do is a publicity stunt, right, But she should remember that was one of the questions at the time.
Speaker 3: She legit had a gun to her head and thought she was going to die and had every reason to think.
Speaker 1: So that's rough. AnyWho, I travel with very few jewels, practically none, no, exactly none.
Speaker 3: Isn't that something here in Paris, but you gotta bleak bring six million dollars worth of jewels with you so you can go out to eat at night.
Speaker 1: That's some lifestyle.
Speaker 3: The other big trial going on, that one's going on in Paris. The other big one that's getting so much attention is going on in New York today. And p Diddy's girlfriend is back on the stand no longer. They're a strange I believe at this point your.
Speaker 1: Friend married and has soon to be two kids with her husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's on the stand again. And some of the testimony from that we'll get from Katie Green a little bit later as that all comes out.
Speaker 1: Also a couple of presidential retrospectives. I'm excited about. A list of foreign gifts to the president, from elephants to in line skates, which we briefly referenced yesterday. And also a history of presidents getting played by Vladimir Putin embarrassing. And there's a one more. Oh, the whole the plain thing is not going to happen, as we'll discuss going forward, but a handful of stories affectionately known as bengo bango bongo behind the scenes, just stuff that's worth touching on. If not talking about at lengths, but the headline women are drinking more and doctors are worried. Women are experiencing rising alcohol related deaths at a much faster clipped than men. Men's drinking is more or less stayed the same, but women who turned thirty five between twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen were nearly sixty percent more likely to report recent binge drinking or alcohol use disorder symptoms than women who turned similar age in the nineties, according to a twenty twenty three report published in the journal Addiction, So more liver disease suspected. This could be contributing to rising rates of breast cancer and other cancers. Why would that be not having kids? You think that's it? Yeah, I don't. I don't know that to be true. If I just.
Speaker 3: Amzer change in that from I mean, like we were comparing it to the fifties, sure, but compared to the nineties, has there been a major change in that? Uh?
Speaker 1: You well, yeah, birth rates are declining and when you have children is getting older and older. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that's indisputable, I think, And just you know, as a dad who my kids are grown, but I'm having to deal with children. Is a disincentive to get hammered in a lot of cases at a lot of times a day, you know, and just you can't if you're you know, doing what you're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: I think it's culturally changed a lot too. It would have been insane. I think, like, not that many years ago for moms at a Little league game to have some drinky poohs in their cups while they're watching, And now I think it's kind of expected.
Speaker 1: I've hanness. I got to admit as a cocktail enthusiast, I'm astounded by that. I'm shocked by it. And my kids, you know, we're playing sports seven to twenty years ago, so it's not like I had kids in the nineteen thirties. Yeah, the idea of boozing at a game, I would be shocked by. But maybe I'm naive. Beer, spirit and wine companies have worked to bring in more women customers for the obvious reasons. Some research said the alcohol industry is marketing directly toward women country music. Maybe you blame country music, hm, I certainly do, But are are they marketing toward women because they are a market or did the industry create a market. Probably a bit of both. Anyway, Gal's be careful. It's bad for your health, but it makes marginal looking guys better looking, trust me, and more interest makes annoying people less annoying. Now, I want to get to the ongoing budget negotiation stuff briefly. A quick note. Yeah, the judge has reduced these sentence for the Menendez brothers. Their life sentence is now fifty years to life, making them eligible for parole. And indeed, uh, there's some belief that the judge is gonna turn them loose. They've served thirty five years of a fifty year to life sentence. Now with the new sentence, have been doing lots of volunteer work. You've kept their noses clean, have helped other people find themselves in prison. Blabba, haven't murdered any parents zero zero. Well there's technicality there, but yeah and so and they've had family members come and testify. Yeah, they're good fellows. You out to turn them live. I saw that yesterday on the news.
Speaker 3: So yeah, family members who had lived there in the house, a new mom and dad. Really, well, who are now testifying? You gotta let them out? Let them out. Our family has been wrecked by this. Who would be good for the family? Let them out? What an interesting story. I haven't watched any of the Netflix stuff or been following this, so I haven't gotten pulled the Menndez brother thing.
Speaker 1: I just kind of had been assuming all along they weren't.
Speaker 3: Going to get out. But Gavin Newsom's got a decision to make. From what I understand from the news last night, Well here's bad news.
Speaker 1: Eric and Lyle. First of all, thanks for listening to the Armstrong and Getty show, and thanks for not shotgunning anybody lately. But Fellas, his decision will be based on one thing and one thing only. Will it help him get into the White House or hurt his chances to get elected president. It will have nothing to do with you, your crimes, your reform, the Lord Jesus Christ, California's laws and traditions, nothing but his lust for the Oval Office.
Speaker 3: Interesting. You're probably right. So do you think this helps him nationally or hurts him? Probably not a huge deal either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, Yeah, I don't. I haven't thought about this case much. I haven't watched the documentaries, partly because it's become increasingly clear to me, having followed the saga of a handful of documentaries, and like super popular podcasts, you can by selectively editing and shading and leaving once this end, leaving that out, you can wildly mislead people. Yeah, and I don't particularly feel like getting misled.
Speaker 3: So anyway, So you brought up a little bit ago that Republicans are becoming Democrats around this whole medicaid thing in the budget and everything that's going.
Speaker 1: On among other programs. Yeah, so it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Today the New York Times is a big battle going on in the opinion pages. This is in just Today's New York Times. There's a guest essay by Josh Howley, the very trumpy senator from Missouri. Don't cut Medicaid. Republicans should embrace their working class voters.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's a guest essay from Robert F. Kennedy, doctor OZ and a couple other people in the Trump White House.
Speaker 1: If you want welfare and can work, you must.
Speaker 3: As leaders of the agencies that oversee the largest welfare programs in the nation, we fear that welfare has become a trap of dependency. So you got that side coming out of the Trump crowd on that, and then this guest essay, what medicaid cuts would do to my rural hospital small town America depends on healthcare systems like mine. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep our doors open if the Republican Congress cuts Medicaid.
Speaker 1: I need to come up with a name for that argument, because I bring it up semi regularly. The last argument is the argument that we have become so dependent on a bad, perverse program you can't end it. We must continue a bad perverse policy, right.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking yesterday when I was watching the governor of New Mexico on one of the Sunday shows. Because they have the most people on Medicaid in New Mexico of any state for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's wildly liberal. So embrace the Obamacare expansion of Medicaid wholeheartedly, which then brings in lots and lots of federal dollars.
Speaker 3: My angle is just this happens a lot with government programs. You come up with the worst case scenario and then feel like that needs to apply to everyone forever because.
Speaker 1: Of the worst case scenario. Yeah, that's not the way to make a policy. Yeah, what do we call it the heroin addiction argument? It's easier to give up heroin than it is to give up a giant program that is funding you know, a lot of your critical medical institutions right just because you let it and it's handy, it's great.
Speaker 3: It frees up money to hand out to other cronies. But your overall point is definitely right. If Josh Howley and in his crowd gets a way of look, the Republican Party is now the party of the working class and the lava working class.
Speaker 1: They want the free the medicare.
Speaker 3: Then there's nobody fighting for go out there and get a job that supplies you with health insurance. Nobody's pushing that idea or even just to because a lot of the Republican proposals right now are a little half asked. From my point, you so to even touch it risk somebody being able to demogog it and saying you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to take a food out of the mouths of starving children. So let's not even touch it. In fact, let's grow it. It would help with the working class. What do you think And you've touched on this before, there are no political parties. Now, the so called parties are just an expression of whoever is at their head at that point. So you can have a complete switcheroo. Are we, like, I don't know, four years away from the Democrats being hardcore physical conservatives could be if they think that's the way to take power. Nobody has any principles, right hmmm? I think now you know what I would like to announce my retirement today. I'm retiring from the world of talk radio because ideas don't matter anymore. My retirement will commence on a date nonspecific in the future. I announced that I am quitting at some point because there's no point I am despairing. I've just Michael, make a note, make a note of the time and the date. Okay, Joe despaired on May the fourteenth, twenty twenty five. It's a Wednesday. That's a good day to despair on, isn't it. Eh? You know?
Speaker 3: Or you could just not talk about medicare leave that out of your conversation, which probably seems like a good idea to.
Speaker 1: Me, and pretend we're not spending our children and grandchildren into debtors prison. All right, fine, fine, oh whatever, Michael make the note Jack also despairs, apparently about a minute later. One minute later. Well, despairing does tend to drag people with you, you know, it's it's a vortex of gloom. True. True. You hang around people like that, they will suck you down. Right. We got more in the Waista here.
Speaker 4: So, according to a new book, Joe Biden couldn't even recognize George Clooney at a fundraiser last June, leaving the.
Speaker 1: Star quote shaken to his core. But don't worry, George.
Speaker 4: When Joe ran into Obama, he told him he loved him in driving Miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: By the way. George Clooney then wrote an op and about that. We all remember that. So yet I'm yet to hear one even slightly surprising nugget from that book, anything that even brushes up against new information coming up from The New York Times, The Three Secrets to Falling in Love with exercise.
Speaker 1: This could change your life, Oh please? First of all, breaking news, breaking news, The news breaks the Donkey Breeze. In one of the most violent political texts towards the center in American history, Gathy Newsome, the oily one says he wants the state of California to stop enrolling low income I legal immigrants in a state funded health care program. Newsom reverses course on taxpayer funded healthcare for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: How bold, how bold to come out against free health care for illegals.
Speaker 1: Good lord, yeah, a lowe in cal Unicornia. That's shocking. Well, I remember when he.
Speaker 3: Kind of hinted that maybe he thought dude shouldn't be in girls' sports, and the left wing went nuts. I'll be interested to see what the uh if he gets attacked for this.
Speaker 1: Under Newsom's oily new plan, the state would not end coverage for illegal immigrants who are already enrolled in medical However, the state would begin charging adults with quote unsatisfactory immigrant status. It's so cute, a monthly premium of one hundred dollars beginning in twenty twenty. Wow, So two years from now, if you have quote unquote unsatisfactory immigrant status, two years from now, you'll be charged a monthly one hundred dollars premium.
Speaker 3: Good luck running for president on illegals should get free healthcare.
Speaker 1: So you perform that program. We're taking on the challenges, we're leading the nation.
Speaker 3: Okay, So to have time for this, Michael, it's kind of about three minutes.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Their headline is the opposite of kind of what they say right in the article three secrets to falling in love with exercise, and one of the secrets is don't expect to be in love with exercise, so not a minute that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Don't try to love every moment.
Speaker 3: Many people think you should reach a point where you just love each and every second of every exercise, and you love every exercise, the idea that everybody who's exercising loves it all the time. I exercise very regularly, especially when I don't have whooping cough.
Speaker 1: But I hate it.
Speaker 3: I've hated every second of running I've ever done in my life. I've never one step ever. You're doing it for other reasons, so don't expect to love it or I guess their point is, don't think that everybody else that's doing it loves it and there's something wrong with you. Strive for momentum, not motivation. Don't wait for the motivation to come along. Just do it on a daily basis until it becomes a habit, and then you've got momentum and it'll just carry you along as opposed to is I just don't feel like it today. Well that's just you know, Yeah, that's a bad emotion. We all hate that. Oh my god, I need to, but I don't want to. And you get past that. Has anybody ever regretted when they overcame that feeling, whether it's for exercising or finally cleaning the kitchen or mowing the lawn or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is, No, absolutely not right.
Speaker 3: And man it takes once you get over the hump and gets started, it's so easy. Yeah, but that hump, man, it's quite the hump. And then this one, sorry mel Brooks reference there. This one doesn't apply to me. Maybe it applies to you. Find a community. One reason that exercise makes us happy is that Foster's connections others. So join a running club or a zoomba class or whatever it is. You do it, and do it with other people. That'll bring you happiness.
Speaker 1: Don't look at me, don't talk to me, all right, to pretend I'm the hareplace.
Speaker 3: When I show up to the gym and it's completely empty, I think awesome. I don't think oh darna, I wish I had more people to hang out with. Where's my community?
Speaker 1: Well, the title of that article shouldn't be how to fall in love with exercising. It ought to be how to deal with the arranged marriage of exercise. Look, he's a decent enough guy. No, I don't love him. I'm not really attracted to him, but my parents and his parents have decided it'd be a good match. So here we are, where the where are the freeways?
Speaker 3: Trump gave an astounding foreign policy speech yesterday that got zero coverage because I guess the media takes him seriously. We can touch on that at some point, among other things. I hope you can stick around if you miss a segment get our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick's girlfriend, Jordan Hudson came in third in the Miss main pageant. She lost points during the Q and A when she mentioned her charity work taking care of the elderly.
Speaker 1: Oh, the shots just keep on coming. So plenty of really serious, fair important to consider coming up, including well, this isn't that serious, but this is my favorite lead of an article I've come across in a long time. Lead sentence. Michael Royer has been secretly tossing his wife's socks into the trash for.
Speaker 3: Years, secretly tossing his wife socks in the trash for years.
Speaker 1: He throws away your socks, clandestine sock chuck her because she's wearing socks that are all worn out and he it's about clutter in general. Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting. But anyway, back to Bill Belichick. In is incredibly young pageant queen gold digging or whatever she's up to.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend really states something or other because she has a eight million dollars in real estate.
Speaker 1: Now at age twenty four. How'd that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, so she is rapidly becoming a national figure, a universally known figure who is mostly on the receiving end of jokes, which is interesting. Andrew Styles, who writes with a pen dipped in sarcasm, I'm afraid for the Free Beacon. His headline is Jordan Hudson outshined and outclassed by a historic transgender contestant. It's so called beauty pageant. Jordan Hudson, the widely despised girlfriend of cheating NFL coach Bill Belichick's despised, That's what I'm saying. I do a despiser well, you're not widely You're just you. She's the punchline of jokes that I get. Yeah, I think despised might be a little strong. I think. So I see what's going on?
Speaker 3: You wrote with a gypton sarcasm. Doesn't everybody see what's going on here? Seems like a trade off on both ends. Yeah, yeah, this is pretty funny, though. The widely despied play state humiliating third or over the weekend at the so called beauty pageant in Maine, one of America's least attractive states. Well, like, I'll let you yesterday and then I promise I will shut up so you can.
Speaker 1: Get to the writing. But like, shut up, don't. I don't care. Like I mentioned yesterday, I found it interesting as.
Speaker 3: I read a little about the whole pageant world and how you can All you have to do is like get a post office box for a certain amount of time, and you can compete in that state as if you're from that state and there's a a bunch of women that are constantly like you finished second in Maine. Next year, you know, you establish a post office box in Indiana and compete there and hope that you win, so that you can go to the and it's just you know that, that's just that world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminds me of like the your amateur championships in golf. The guy who wins the California State am might be from Missouri, for instance. Yeah, it's not always that way. I remember when I when I was in.
Speaker 3: College, the local girl from Colby, Kansas, she won Miss Colby set down with the seven thousand people, she won the county fair thing, and then the state and then became Miss American.
Speaker 1: It was a really big deal. So every once in a while that does happen. Back when there was purity to American beauty pageants, Well that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Seem incredibly tawdry. I mean, beauty pageants are dumb anyway. Anyway, back to your story, Howell.
Speaker 1: In second place contestant, the winner, even Benjamin are significantly class year and more attractive than Hudson. According to a Washington Free Beacon analysis, the top two finishers were not the only contestants who outshoon Hudson in terms of class and attractive Isabelle Saint Cyr, who absolutely slayed as the first trans queen in pageant history, finished in the top ten on paper but some beauty experts were stunned that she placed behind Hudson, who does not openly identify as trans. Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Let's see Hudson a former cheerleader at Bridgewater State University, or in second place at the Miss Main competition in twenty twenty four. So she's slid now to third because the trans person jumped in there. Let's see. The University of North Carolina, where Belichick serves as the head football coach, reportedly banned Hudson from attending practices. Quote. She is the worst person I've dealt with on this earth, and I've dealt with actual sociopaths, A person close to the situation told sports journalist Pablo Torre, Oh my god, maybe there's more to this than I thought. Members of Belichick's family are deeply worried about how detrimental this is a quote, How detrimental Jordan can be, not just for North care lineup, of Bill's legacy, reputation, everything he has built and worked for over decades. That's a quote, according to Torri, the sports journalist, who has also reported that Hudson has attempted, with varying degrees of success, to force her way into commercials starring Belichick by showing up on set and demanding to be on camera.
Speaker 3: I imagine his response, whether he said it out loud or not, is I know what I'm doing. I'm an old man. I'm in love with a young, hot woman. I'm having the time of my life. I got what she wants, I'm getting what I want. I got money, I got everything I got. However, many years of you know life left, I'm as happy right now as i've been ever.
Speaker 1: So shut up, nne ya, Yeah, I wonder I wonder so. Speaking of relationships, Michael Royer has been secretly tossing his wife's socks into the trash for years, not her everyday pairs, but the size fourteen ones her mom orders his gifts from fast fashion sites like Tamu, your wife, We're done, Airely, your wife wears size fourteen sucks? Yeah, it's funny you're married two sasquatch. I read this and I'm like, whoa, whoa whoa journalist, dude? That clet sentence raises more questions than provides answers. Right number one, what does a woman has a size fourteen feet or not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, why the hell is her mom ordering her gigantic socks from Chinese fast fashion outfits. This is the article you've missed, the article you know, long, long, long ago. Dan Hughes, who was a teacher at Parkland Community College in Champagne, Illinois, who taught the one radio class I ever took. He was doing a unit about interviewing, and again a wonderful guy and a wonderful teacher. But he said, you hear this all the time, the interviewers who don't listen. They just are so busy contemplating their next question. And his his example was something the effect of when did you discover the joints of coin collecting? Well, I think it was when I was abducted by aliens and I was probed for a number of hours and they handed me a coin on my way out of spaceship, and I've loved coin collecting ever since. Really, how many coins do you have? And I feel like that sentence is of a similar order. Yeah, But anyway, this guy buries her wildly gigantic socks under garbage to avoid detection because she'll never wear them. And it's a big article about how clutter can be an emotional like weapon or turf well weapon, a turf gathering technique used in relationships, and I read this whole article. Here's one guy's got a bunch of Gi Joe action figures and comic books from his parents house, now competing for space with the clothing his wife bought on sale Bob, much of which has never been worn. I got through this article thinking, man, these are a bunch of crazy people.
Speaker 3: Well on just the clothes thing, though, I think that in every relationship there's likely to be stuff where there are things she wears you'd rather she didn't, not your favorite and vice versa, or ridiculously.
Speaker 1: Worn T shirts. I'm raising my hand over here, but I don't want to get rid of it because like one of my kids gave it to me, or that was, you know, the first radio station we ever worked at together, or whatever. I think I'm not going to toss that T shirt. But yeah, it's kind of worn.
Speaker 3: But in terms of actually wearing something, I mean, there's all you know, there's probably things Judy likes to see you in more than others, yes, but might not say it's not my favorite pair of pants you ever wear or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So here's another aspect of this another weird avenue. Here's a cup size fourteen socks. Why is her mother every her gigantic socks? What is she trying to say? I mean, sucks so patently useless and gigantic you throw them away and she doesn't notice. That is your story, no kidding, not that these folks in this twist have a probationary zone started as a single empty drawer and has now grown to so you can put stuff in there that I think we ought to get rid of, you ought to get rid of, and it stays in there for a couple of months, and when the area is full, then you go through. It strikes me as a little formalistic and odd, but you know.
Speaker 3: My plan is I hope that I die before I ever have to get to any of that stuff, and then somebody else will I don't know, halts charge somebody to halt to the dop.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna make those decisions while I'm alive. Jo Getty's wife occasionally goes into his closet and throws away the doll sized pants that his sister orders him. Oh boy, here's here's another one. Here's this eighty year old gal she enlists her daughter in law to smuggle out stuff her husband wouldn't want to part with. I mean, that's going to be a problem, although you know, you're like smuggling my stuff out of the house under the cover of our loved ones. Yeah, put this in your person, get rid of it. On the other hand, they mentioned that this guy's accumulated over a thousand golf balls on his walks near a local course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm not good at throwing stuff away. So I've had it happen before where things got thrown away without my consent, and I kind of think, yeah, kind of glad that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I for some reason, Yeah, I just thought it was interesting that it was some point, some marriage council or somebody ways in says, yes, this can this can be a proxy for emotional space in.
Speaker 3: The probably three time divorced marriage counselor yeah, probably so.
Speaker 1: Yes, he likes to dominate the closet with his GI Joes as a way of symbolizing that he needs more r right, Hey, you know what, And it's funny with like the g I Joe's, Well they did, they're gaining value. They could really be worth something someday. You know what, else could be an index fund. Put your money in the mixed fund and empty your damn closet.
Speaker 3: I'm looking right out here at New York Post headline. Right here, chat GPT is my therapist, and it's more qualified than the human could be.
Speaker 1: You should give it a whirl. I'm using it to planification right now. It's like I'm in love. I'm so enthused about it.
Speaker 3: I do want to maybe kick off our three with this. A couple of things Trump said yesterday. I'll be interested to see if you agree or not. He gave a major presidential foreign policy speech in the Middle East about the way America has been interacting.
Speaker 1: With the world. The last well are our adult lives. I demand you tell us more about this personally interesting and you're right, it got so little comfort zero among other things on the way, stay here Armstrong.
Speaker 5: Major League Baseball removed its lifetime ban on seventeen deceased people, including Pete Rose and shoeless Joe Jackson, two of the most famous players previously banned for gambling on Major League Baseball. In response to an application filed by Pete Rose's family, Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred wrote, quote, obviously a person no longer with us cannot represent a threat to the integrity of the game.
Speaker 1: Unquote.
Speaker 5: This means Rose and anyone who gets a lifetime ban can now become eligible for Hall of Fame consideration after they die. They still, of course have to get voted into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Key thing is you have to die, though, So yeah, step one kind of takes the fun out of it, doesn't it. Fifteen other guys, that's interesting. I wonder who they were. I'm sure information is available. Secondly, I want if Jake Tapper's about to write a book about how he's just discovered that Pete Rose was a great hitter, but he gambled, Yeah, more on that later.
Speaker 3: Quickly off the top of your head. Don't think about it for more than two seconds. How old is Honey Booboo?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight?
Speaker 3: She's nineteen. Okay, she's only nineteen because she's a pretty young kid. When she became famous in Toddler's and Tiara's was the original show. She was one of those pageant girls, and then she had such a personality that they turned it into a reality show. Here comes Honey Booboo that focused specifically on.
Speaker 1: Her and her obese mom. She just did an interview with People magazine.
Speaker 3: I'm reading this actually from Fox News, in which she says she never saw a single dime of money from that TLC reality show her mom Tookanah wow, Mama June, Right, Mama June, who is kind of a train wreck drug addict, spent all the money, bad person, And it seems like Honey Boobo's actually doing pretty well and is the This is a very common thing. A lot of you probably know this in super dysfunctional families. There's often one kid that for whatever reason just doesn't follow the pattern and understands they're in mayhem from a very young age and gets out of it. And Honey Booboo seems to be one of those people.
Speaker 1: And decides, my life's not going to be like yes, yeah, yeah, she seems to good for her, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It sucks that she, you know, was clearly the driving force of that whole thing, and all the money was taken, including.
Speaker 1: Your mom, by that moniker anymore.
Speaker 3: No, but when she she wasn't Dancing with the Stars a few years back and got thirty five thousand dollars for that, But Mama June stole that also, Oh my nice job, Mama June.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, you have a honey booboo comment. Yes, it looks like Mama June has a new show called Mama June Family Crisis. Yeah all right, Oh boy, you are scraping the true mung at the bottom of the barrel with that. Yeah, who's watching that? Oh? I'm amazed by who watches that.
Speaker 3: There's so much content of every kind and a lot of people who have, you know, a million followers or make this much money or whatever, And I think, how are there enough people taking in enough content for all of these different things?
Speaker 1: And how do you find it that's you know, the good stuff. But I guess it's because everybody has access to it all the time. So the math works somehow. Like, for instance, I was I was on a guitar lesson thing yesterday that came across my YouTube feed. This is actually kind of interesting. But he's a big deal in the in the guitar lesson world. It's basically out a TV show is a charming, good looking guy where he gives guitar lessons and he's got several million followers and clearly makes looking at his house and his lifestyle pretty good, living off of this anyway.
Speaker 3: He called out a number of fake famous YouTube guitar players, and I'm sure this is true with other instruments too.
Speaker 1: Who it's all fake.
Speaker 3: They they they record everything at a slow speed, then speed it up and then act like they can play this stuff and then try.
Speaker 1: To sell people guitar lests.
Speaker 3: And it's become a thing within that world of like people really hating each other and everything like that and making serious enemies. But that's the thing you can do, apparently, you could, like I could play the piano incredibly slowly, then speed it up, stay on pitch, because you can do that, and then and then make.
Speaker 1: It look like I can play like that. You just struck.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: If you talk to some you know, chimp scientists whatever you call them, biologists, I guess, and ask them why would chimps fight? They could give you like five six reasons that haven't changed in a thousand years. Human beings invent new reasons to hate each other every day, right might be our greatest gift, our big old brains. That's what we spend each our time doing, coming up with reasons to hate people.
Speaker 3: But there's got to be a limit to content creators even with good content that there's an audience for it, isn't there doesn't there have to be, or or we just spend so much time looking at our phones or our screens that there's just.
Speaker 1: Well, right, there are many, many, many, many podcasts out there, so much are probably pretty good and never get anywhere.
Speaker 3: But they're an awful lot of them that have a lot of listeners and make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, we do well ourselves, and god, we have no other skills.
Speaker 3: Thank god, there's enough of people out there who want to listen to it or then read all the long pieces that are out there and all the different substacks and something.
Speaker 1: Just I just don't understand how it all gets taken in. I'm gonna spend my afternoon making fake I'm a brilliant violinist videos, just gonna like like air violin with an actual violin, with like exquisite playing, and see how much hate I get online. Wear a tuxedo, make very serious faces. Oh yeah, yeah, I kind of put my hair in my face to look like some sort of I don't care musical genius. I love it exactly. Mortica Armstrong and Getty