Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio and a Happy Saturday to you. Independence Weekend continues Danny on location, but he is with us here remotely from Sun Diego.
Speaker 3: In the Puke Padre colorland. That puke color that the Padre's rock. I've seen it too much here, Ben, And it all came to a head when I was inside the pch market, right. It was almost looked like when you're at the airport and they have like that city's teams, but it's generic gear, yeah, and it's overpriced, and it was all this put colored padre stuff. I walked over and made the whole family laugh because I knocked some of it on the floor and there was a machato baby jersey for like a toddler. Switched it into the ground with my foot.
Speaker 1: But Shato often acts like a toddler, so maybe that's his actual jersey. That could be his actual Yeah. Oh man, all right, we'll get to the mail bag in a minute, but I did want to want to start with the phrase of the week. Are you ready for the phrase of the week?
Speaker 3: A special mail bag edition of phrase.
Speaker 1: Of the Week. The phrase of the week this week is I've got it in the bag. It's in the bag. What's in the back? I got it in the bag. Now, most of us I would think, no, that if you say I've got it in the bag, you mean that you've got it. You won. This is in you controlled it. You're gonna win, right, and that's it. You've nailed it whatever it is, and it's going to be successful, whether you've got a job, interview or you're doing a podcast and you're gonna get a bunch of down loads. I've got it in the bag. So the origin of this, it is interesting to note, actually has baseball, believe it or not. Baseball. The reason I thought this was interesting I stumbled upon this the other day and I thought I wanted to share it with you, and here I am on the podcast. So the origin of I've got it in the bag. Now, there are other examples, but the one that I think the one that stands out most in my opinion of this idiom in this phrase, and it's widely accepted as the modern usage of it. You can thank the Evil Giants now not the San Francisco Giants. They're now the San Francisco Giants. But this was so far back, over one hundred years ago. They were the New York Giants, the baseball team, and it began as a superstition. So let's take the hot tub time machine all the way back to the year nineteen sixteen. My god, what a what a different world that is. So nineteen sixteen, the Giants had a run of twenty six consecutive wins almost an entire month. They won every efing game, the New York Baseball Giants, and so a bag. They had a bag filled with seventy two extra baseballs and they would put that on the playing field at the beginning of each game. This is back one hundred something years ago, and these balls were used to replace any that were hit into the seats or any that became too dirty to use and all stuff. So the Giants during this crazy winning stream, they were under the impression that if they were in the lead during the ninth the last inning, carrying the ball bag off the field would ensure their win because, according to the team, they had captured the game in the bag. So the phrase I've got it in the bag was picked up by some sports writers in New York. It was repeated in newspaper articles back when people read newspapers before the internet, and the legend was formed at that point. And so here we are we still use that phrase. Are we allowed to use it as Dodger fans? Because it is a giant phrase in the bag? It goes back to the New York Giants? But did involved?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel like you ruined that phrase for me. Now can't say it anymore. It's taboo. How about that they only had seventy two baseballs? We've seen games they don't. They use many more baseballs now than seventy two. What would happen if they ran out of baseball's? Did they just ask people to throw the balls back?
Speaker 1: Because you could have certain guys foul balls off All the time I was watching, I forget what game backed on Friday. I was watching the game during the afternoon and there was one at bat the guy fouled off like seven or eight pitches, just one guy. So and then then you throw the ball out when it's scuffed up, and so you're talking about one player one at back could be nine to ten baseballs. So but back then, that's it. Maybe they didn't foul balls off as much back in the day. So let's get to the mail bag. And that means, ohio al.
Speaker 3: It's.
Speaker 1: Mail bag, all right, thank you very much, ohio al. And these are actual letters by actual listeners of the show Danny that have taken time out to send to send a messages correspondence via email Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com and put name and city, name and city or else you will get nothing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: For example, Max wrote in from Parts unknown because you didn't say what city he's in, you dumb ass. Sorry Max, But Max and I got a few other emails about this that everyone's been asking me, what's going on with Benny Versus the Penny the TV show? Will it be picked up by the network for a third season? And the answer I can give you the answer right now. The answer is, I don't know. We've passed one of the deadlines. We've passed one of the deadlines where they were supposed to decide whether or not to pick up the show or not, and they have. They have not picked up the show. However, the good news is, as I was told, I was talking to Looney this week. We were going back and forth and Looney pointed out to me, they haven't canceled the show either, So we're still waiting. We're hopeful, So think some good thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a no. And I did recall I forgot Looney pointed this out last year they picked up the show. It was past the deadline. It was past the deadline and they picked up the show. So I don't know what's gonna happen. I never thought we'd get a second season. I would love to do a third season, and we're waiting to hear back. I know the NFL season begins in about sixty days or so, right around sixty days from now opening weekend of the NFL. In fact, teams will start reporting your training camp in like the next week. Danny the Chargers, I believe are the first team in training camp. So this is gonna happen like real soon the NFL is gonna happen. But as far as Max and the other people, I promise you I will not hide this information. I know that Mike de Leprechaun, for example, who was just in studio, he's already got a venue you planned for a meet and greet in New England in Massachusetts. So we'll see what happens. I'm hopeful. I'm on standby. I've kind of put everything on hold as far as some travel plans for the summer, hoping to do the TV show. So we'll see. But one way or another, I will either they'll pick it up and I'll be able to make plans, or they won't pick it up and then I'll still be able to make plans. So once they decide what they're going to do, I will let you know. And that'll that'll be that Tony the Bay area, right so, and says hey, bandon, Danny g by the way, Now, Danny, Tony is the guy that calls up does David vass jokes, And Vassay actually was listening while I Tony called up to do a two balls joke about Vassay two balls to the face, I rotate nuts. How dare you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: He did that joke and Vassay heard it on the air anyway, Tony, yeah, he was listening. Tony says, I have a weekly segment idea for the podcast. You take a caller and you both do a pick and break the line down and no WNBA because schmucks like Steve will call in. He says. Now, one option on DraftKings was the Chicago Bears under six and a half wins at plus two hundred. He said, lock it in. Fuck it Tony the Bear says, where do you have the Raiders and Rams finishing? And then he says Bears, Bears, Bears, Bears. He says, but it sounded like Tony said, Bears under six and a half wins, like you would bet under six and a half at plus two hundred. I think what I know of Tony. He loves the Chicago Bears. He hates the fact that the Broncos have the same colors as the Bears, for example, So I think he would bet on the Bears over six and a half. But let's go now to the number one member of the Raiding Nation, the Man, the myth legend. Danny g You've got Tom Brady in ownership. You've got the oldest coach in the NFL, Pete Carroll, very positive guy, Pete Carroll. You've got Gino Smith at quarterback. So what's say you, Danny, two months out?
Speaker 3: Leave out Ashton Genty?
Speaker 1: All right, Ashton genty? So two months out? How optimistic are you?
Speaker 3: Cautiously optimistic? Because I've seen this song and dance before with coach Pierce, which was just last season and a few games remaining in the season. Prior to that one, players and everybody loved him and he was revered and he was a locker room guy and a players coach and all that. I've heard this before. I've seen this before. I've seen this movie before. So I'm sorry if I need to see it on the field. I need to see real production on the field. I think the offense will be okay. The defense, I'm worried because they lost a lot of their good defensive pieces to free agency, like Nate Hobbs. They lost a couple of key defensive players. I am worried about that pick.
Speaker 1: Then, Yeah, So as far as the wins, I I'm not obviously a Raider fan. I would say, I want to get your thought, Danny. I think if you have Genos, he's average. And you know I was optimistic, you know, I like Gardner Minshew. I really thought Gardner could do a good job. He unfortunately didn't play that well. Then he got benched and and all that. Like Gino, I he get you somewhere in that seven, eight or nine win area.
Speaker 3: I could see them getting to nine because he is throwing to You could consider brock Bauers top three tight end in the league already. He loves his outlet guys and he likes play action. He plays his best when he has a good running back. The Seahawks couldn't keep their running backs healthy. That affected him somewhat. On that team, I could see Geno Smith having just an above average type season because of those weapons around him. And they have filled a couple of holes on that O line. The new center that they plugged in last year from Oregon. That dude's a beast. I could see the O line being just good enough to get Geno Smith to a wild card game. But then it wouldn't surprise me if they fell on their face in a game like that because they don't have much depth whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing that kills you. It wears you down right. I mean that's the war of Attritionia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any big injury to any of your starters when you're a team like that that lacks depth and you are dead in the water.
Speaker 1: Well, it's one of those things. Yeah, It's one of my pet piece is all we stay healthy. No one stays healthy in any sport, daty, right, is there any sport where has there ever been a team that went to training camp and then made it through the season without any major injuries. It doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: This is where I give your team, the Rams and teams like them credit where they are great in the draft, they're great in free agency, and it seems like you always have another guy who steps up. You could have some no names on defense and they still all play as one and get the job done. I am jealous of that because the Raiders haven't had depth like that in years.
Speaker 1: Well, Tony, the Bay Area. As far as the Rams and my outlook for the Rams, I am. I guess I share Danny's cautious optimism for the Rams. I do go back to last year, which is obviously a different team, and the fact that the Rams were the only team that really gave the Eagles a game in the playoffs, right, they gave up some big runs to Barkley, but they had a shot. They Rams had the ball, matriculating the ball down the field, late fourth quarter, bad weather game in Philadelphia, cold and all that, and they had a shot. They had a shot to win that game at the very end. And so that gives you some optimism. And it's it's the pendulum shifting for the Rams this year, where now it is really all about not Sean mcvay's offense. It's about Jared Vers, that stud linebacker, and the Ram defense they had like this coming of age the second half of last year for the Rams. They've added a couple of guys to the defense. They got a defensive tackle, a noseguard from the Chargers. They got a linebacker from Atlanta who they sprinkled into the defense. And you know, the reason I'm not completely all in is because you've got Matthew Stafford, who is as old as dirt and he made it mostly through the season last year. I just I don't trust Stafford to stay healthy they still have Jimmy Garoppolo, which is not the worst thing in the world. And I know when Stafford leaves the Rams, Danny, They're just going to be like the Steelers. Whoever the old quarterback that's a free agent at the end of their careers, they're going to pick up and add that guy. Rogers ends up playing for the Rams after his one year in Pittsburgh. But anyway, listen, the Rams, they'll win. To me, the baseline is ten. They'll win at least ten games. The big sexy pickup was Devonte Adams late of your Raiders. I'm not a huge DeVante Adams guy, but as a number two receiver, Puka Nakoula the clear number one receiver. I think Davante Adams is a number two receiver. Has he ever been a number two receiver anywhere? I don't think so, right, and this is the first time he'll have been a number two receivers, so he should have some opportunities to make some big plays and all that. I think the Rams will win. At least they'll be worst is ten and seven. They should win eleven. Eleven and six should be the Rams record, and they should rule the roost. In the NFC West nine Ers will bounce back a little bit, but I expect the Rams to win the division. That was way too much sports, by the way, Danny, I mean, I blame this is not a sport.
Speaker 3: He doesn't happen too often on the mailbag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Alf, from the line at dairy Queen writes, and he says, greetings and salutations, gentlemen. Now that we are smack dab in the middle of summer and the baseball season, Alf writes, I couldn't help but harken back to the days of my youth for my question. Is there anything better than a baseball helmet Sunday? None of this hipster avocado asparagus ice cream, just some vanilla soft served hot fudge and whip cream served in a random baseball team's mini helmet. It's so, yeah, well whatever, but this is Alf. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Alf.
Speaker 1: I remember getting that helmet, and I couldn't wait to eat the ice cream, and then I went to the I remember going to the drinking fountain and washing it off. Danny getting all done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that part was cool. And I remember looking under seats because you hoped that people in the roads near you like just discarded their helmets and then I remember we stood at the water fountain at Dodger Stadium and washed them all off and took them all home. Yeah, that's awesome, cool memory. But the ice cream was too plain. I wanted toppings.
Speaker 1: Well, Danny, this was back years ago. They didn't have topings. Toppings had not been invented, Danny. Back then, they didn't have it.
Speaker 3: That's a travesty.
Speaker 1: It's not right, man. I had Speaking of ice cream, I mentioned this on the air briefly, but I me and the wife, we went out to get some ice cream, actually with the kid Patrick before he went back. He is leave is over. He's back at Camp Pendleton learning. As I told him, he's at military college now. He graduated boot camp. He had like ten days of leave and now he's back learning his craft for the United States Marines and we're happy for him and he seems to be enjoying it, which is cool. But we took him out for ice cream and I had We went to Handle's ice have been Handles ice cream around?
Speaker 3: I have been there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good. Uh, And we had this is a.
Speaker 3: My uncle sent me there because they're the competition.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, well, of course, of course, yeah, yeah, Giredelly, which is still Danny. Just for the record, the Gara Deelli Sunday when I was at Disneyland, that was my that was my treat. That was my birthday treat was the Garedelly cookie Sunday at the California Adventure Gharriedelli right there in the middle of California. And that you do pretty good business over there your family, right, Danny.
Speaker 3: That's store forty seven.
Speaker 1: So anyway, what the handles ice cream got? I knew. I normally eat the same thing. I eat cookie dough, strawberry, chocolate chip or mint chip. Those are normally my go to, and there's a couple others, but those are my main you know, Mount Rushmore of ice cream, Mount Rushmore of ice cream, as Terry, Terry would love that. That's not a list, Terry, that's a Mount Rushmore, not a list. I tried the lemon No, No, it was a key key lime ice cream. Amazing. It's a new item. I think it's a limited item for the summer key Lime and granola or a gram Cracker key Lime and Graham Cracker. Oh yeah, amazing, amazing ice cream. One of the greatest scoops. Maybe I was just hot and I just hadn't had ice cream in oil. It was one of the greatest culling in.
Speaker 3: No, no, see that's what I'm talking about. When we were kids at the ballpark. How come they didn't offer M and ms as a topping thummy bears? Was there sprinkles? I don't even know if sprinkles were available at the time. It was just flat out vanilla in a helmet.
Speaker 1: The hardship we had, Danny, now that we're middle aged people. The hardship we had growing up, you know, that was our walking up to school in the snow. That was we had no sprinkles, no chocolate sauce, no caramel sauce. We didn't have any of that stuff. None of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, our kids don't know the half of it. Benny. We checked into this hotel for Saturday night going into Sunday, and our daughter said, there's no valet at this hotel.
Speaker 1: See I'm the opposite. I was like, you little shit, I get upset. Tell your daughter. When I go to the hotel with the wife and I see valet. I said, oh my god, well I don't want to what are we doing? I don't want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have any cash on me. I have credit cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the other thing is I pointed out before Denny and the valet, it's the equivalent of running the Boston Marathon, going you've gone twenty six miles, and then when you get to the point two part, you hand the baton off to someone else to go through the line and finish the race. I mean, what's the point of that. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I think, by the way, really quick, I think she was referring to having a bell man because she likes when they wheel the cart out and put all the crap on the cart for you so that it doesn't take an extra half hour to get into your room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Can you say spoiled? Exactly? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Kevin and Kansas rites in. Kevin's been listening to the show before. He's retired. Now he's living the good life, he says. Ben I recently was made aware of the word to Toyer. I think that's how I said, t U t O y E R? Is that? Am I pronouncing it right? Danny? Just go with it.
Speaker 3: I just say yes, yeah, you always pronounce everything right. Mister Vanilla that's right, baby. I can't even mispronounce vanilla the way you do vanilla.
Speaker 1: I know what I meant anyway, So this this, Kevin says the word to Toyer. He found the word. But while playing Scrabble go, Kevin, have you played against me and Scrabble Goo? I'm on Scrabble Go, bad job by you come on, Kevin. So Kevin says, it means to address someone in a familiar manner. I saw this happening in school, where students would call their teachers by their nicknames or just by last names. Have you noticed this in our culture more than ever? Or is it just me?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah. We were not allowed to do that. I was not allowed to Danny like if you call, if you didn't call the teacher like miss Cleman or mister Smith, like, you would be in trouble. Like. I didn't have any teachers that would allow me, as I remember, to call them by their nicknames or anything like that. The other thing that blows me away when when the kid Patrick was in school and I would I would take him to school in like junior high and high school. The kids that would show up in their pajamas like that bleway like that I would have loved school of my pajamas. I was they were We were not allowed to do that. You couldn't show up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was one day, one day, man, it was a spirit day called Pajama Day. It was once every school year. These kids have fucking pajama day every day of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. I was like, man, everyone's walking to school in their pajama bottom says wild to me. I couldn't believe it. I was like, Wow, that's not that bad. I mean, I hated getting up. I was not a morning person. I'm still not a morning person. But like the idea that you would get up and you have to get shower, get dressed and your school clothes and all that. And now you just some of these kids, I don't think they shower, Dan, They show up in their pajamas.
Speaker 3: They roll out of bed and they walk in there. It's like, wow, it's a good thing. You don't have morning show hours.
Speaker 1: No, No, that would that would be sun. But the money would not. The money would not. Klang writs in from Ho Chi Minh. He's fames being Vietnam. He says big Man and Danny G Daddy G Resorts World, Las Vegas waiving all resort fees for hotel guests through September eleventh. According to the casino website, this includes the three Hilton hotels he named on the property. The resort fees, which previously range from fifty to fifty dollars five dollars per night, will not be charged for bookings made directly with Resorts World through the date. This makes them the only major Las Vegas strip casino hotel without resort fees during this period. What's your all's opinion on this? According to Quaying, well, how could anyone be against this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone's like, Oh, I want my resort fees. I'm upset that they're not allowing me to pay an extra fifty dollars tax on top of my my already taxed room. Come on now right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's a cool spot. I stayed there one time. Solvino and Rich had to choose between that location or Circa for their convention that they had a couple of weekends back. They went with Circa because they thought it was more action packed for the listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Circa because of the sports book and the pool situation at Circa ex Yeah, next level I've actually only been viven't been in resorts where we have some of the listeners on the Overnight show that work at resort World. I did see that some of the hotels, or at least one of the hotels is taken away paid parking again on the strip, which is great.
Speaker 3: Their rooms are nice, by the way, resort resort work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you have not been there. Yeah, I love the idea of Vegas. I was there a few weeks ago. I'll probably be back a couple of times this summer. It's like, I don't want to stay on the strip. I told the story when I tried to go to your family restaurant, Danny Giri Deli and get some of that delicious ice cream and the chocolate, and they to charge me thirty four dollars for parking. And I was only going to be there for like a half an hour. I said, I'm done, I'm not going. I didn't go back. That's it. So they could have gotten some of my money. The scam. And I didn't agree with most things Joe Biden did, but he tried to get rid of this, or I didn't. Biden claim he was going to get rid of the uh this fee, so hey by Speaking of Vegas, did you see the hotel on Friday? At the Cromwell Hotel in Las Vegas, right across from Caesar's Palace, was on fire on Friday morning.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that, but I did see the headline saying that the parent company of the hotel in the casino in Prim.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, Buffalo Bills right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're officially gonna close that down.
Speaker 1: Well, I see.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna roller coaster and all bye bye.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the roller coast. I go to Vegas a few times year. I've not seen the roller coaster since I think nineteen working. But as I understand, they're only going to be open for holidays and for like the weekends. I think, so, I think they'll be closed during the week But then from what I read Danny, they're gonna move everyone over to There's, There's. There were three hotels in Prim. If you're not familiar, if you're not from the West coast, Prim is right on the Nevada California border. It's the first city when you drive from La on your way to Vegas. It's about forty five minutes outside of Vegas from the state line. But it's the first place you can legally bet on sports. So when I would go to Vegas, I would often time it so I could get there. I get three thirty in the afternoon because the games on the West Coast the East Coast game start at four o'clock our time, so I would try to get in there around three thirty to get my bets in for the East Coast games. Loser, I would stop, go to the bathroom, and then get back in the car and drive another forty five minutes into in Vegas. But they're they're moving it to this There's one other hotel and I forget the name of it. I guess that was closed and now they're reopening that hotel. I don't know if they renovated it or not. So yeah, that sucks. Prim That's one of those things in my lifetime, Danny and your lifetime, that's becoming a ghost town. That was a virus, that was a vibrant gambling town in the den, there coming a ghost crazy.
Speaker 3: We've talked on the podcast before about how we both used to stop at the outlet there.
Speaker 1: I love the outlet, Love the outlet.
Speaker 3: And back to Fremont Street for a second. That was my first time since I was a kid walking down Fremont Street. What a freak show. And you described it so well with all the zombies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got a little depressed, Danny I did. It was like a little I guess I'm getting.
Speaker 3: So I got a little depressed. I got a little crack. It was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well you can get fentanyl. They have like a fentanyl a crackstand, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh there was a crack pipe shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: After I got the crack from a whore. It was dude, everything one stop shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They even have a booth there where you can snort the coke off off of hooker's ass right there, right right there, a bunch of hookers and cocaine. It's amazing. Gary in the Berg rights and says, hey, Ben, I wanted to let you know these zip Code Guy. Yeah, we talked about this guy. Zip Code Guy is a magician named Justin Willman. He has a special on Netflix called Magic Lover. You should check it out, very entertaining, especially in the last twenty minutes. Don't put this on the mail bag. There you go. I liked that. He says that at the end, don't put this in the mail bag. There you go, all right, I says, don't put this part in the mail bag. There you go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Oops, well Gary, you should probably next time, Gary put that at the beginning.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: All right. I will try to watch that at some point in the free time that I normally don't have. Oh, I mentioned this yesterday. Was it yesterday? I think it was yesterday. I will be filling in on Thursday of this week doing local radio in La so day night doubleheader on Thursday on AM five seventy on the iHeart Radio app the Dodger station and Thursday afternoon from noon till three. And I believe I will not be working with Fred Rogan that day. I think Jonas Knox and I hostile Fox Sports Radio takeover of AM five seventy on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll be doing two Laker haters two. Uh. Well, at least you're not a Dodger hater. I've heard Jonas hate on the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a yikes.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jonas loves to hate on LA teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's one of his sticks, just like yours.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with his Laker stuff. I'm okay with that I.
Speaker 3: Bet you are. You guys are butt buddies anti Laker programming, all right.
Speaker 1: Don, Don from Parts Unknown says please no, blind Scott. He says the sub host let him hijack an entire segment. Do better the show got turned off. Don. First of all, okay, I'm not responsible for the substitute teacher that come in. I don't know. Take it up with them when I'm away every once in a while, taking a rare and appropriate night away from the talk show. And I try to get all of my days off. As you know, Danny, I try to get everything all the time off for the entire year. I try to take in July and August, so when football starts in September, I don't take any time off. I'm here from all the way from September until usually May. I don't take any time. I don't take any other any Yeah.
Speaker 3: I petition this because you deserve the time off that you've accrued. But what we should do is we should have Edmund Dallas Garcia on standby for whenever you take time off. He should at least be part time with our company to then fill in for you.
Speaker 1: How about shut up? Well, I agree, they should bring any back. I never wanted any to go. I hope they'll bring him back. I'd love to see that.
Speaker 3: It would be cool to have him as your fill in guy. That's what I if I was programming the network, That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: They had said, hey, we don't have budget for him to be full time, I'd say, okay, well he's going to be part time. He's Ben's main fill in guy.
Speaker 1: Listen. There's a lot of things I would change, Danny, but I'm not the boss. I don't make those decisions. If I was in charge, things will be Things will be a lot different Danny. If I was in charge, you know what I'm saying, Danny, and we'd be.
Speaker 3: In fifth place of the ratings, not number one.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll do a couple more. We're getting late here. It's Sunday. We got stuff to do. Reggie in Detroit writes and big fan of the show. He usually emails us for the podcast. He says, hey Ben and Danny g Hey Ben, you've been rotating producers and engineers for a while now. How difficult has it been with all the different people? Reggie, It's been fine. The good thing is I do like ninety nine percent of the prep for the show anyway, So it doesn't really I mean, I love working with you know, whoever wants to show up to work and all that. And so fortunately, you know, the people that are normally on the show don't really do much day to day in terms of the prep and all that. So you know, it's it's weird, like it's cool, Danny, and when people fill in, they're like really motivated, they're fired up. Breees. I love Breece. She's been great, and Ian did a really good job as well producing the show, and you know call you know, screening the calls and all that. So, uh no, it really doesn't change my my daily routine. I I go in there and I sit in the same chair in the studio, and you know, whoever's make as long as my MIC's on and and I talk and Bill Miller's there and and that's that. So that's just the.
Speaker 3: Who it fills in for Larno when she travels.
Speaker 1: Well, we had we had Mary Mary the Boardop, and we've had Marky Mark, the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 3: Guy, Mark, Oh, the Man of many words.
Speaker 1: Mark. Mark's a radio pro though he just wants to hit the buttons right and get out of the way. I'm a hit the buttons and that's it. Don't mess. I'm not gonna do it. I just boom, hit the button and I'm okay with that. I'm okay, all right, We'll get out Dan. I'll be back full week. I have no days off from the Overnight show. I'll be on tonight and all week, and then on Thursday, I will be doing a doubleheader. And what about you, Danny with Covino and Rich any any scheduling quirks we need to know about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually there is tomorrow. On Monday morning, we're gonna be in for Dan Patrick and we're gonna do the same thing on Tuesday. So Monday and Tuesday this week in for the DP show.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, have a wonderful rest of your Sunday, enjoy the first full week of the month of July, and we will chat with you. I'll be with you tonight, Danny tomorrow, and then we'll reunite and form Voltron on Friday for a new weekend of the fifth Hour. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, suck it, Padres fans bost to Boston. Yeah, gotta murder I Gotta go