Speaker 1: Did you want to do this or are you just gonna play with your phone all day?
Speaker 2: I'm not playing with my phone. I'm doing work. This is serial Killers.
Speaker 1: This is serial Killers and it's episode forty. Why are you yelling, Andrew?
Speaker 2: I haven't said one word in this whole podcast yet.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hey, welcome to serial Killers. It's all right. It's not a milestone, but it's episode forty. It's an even number with a zero on it, so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is awesome. I'm Scottie Bee.
Speaker 1: And I'm Andy. Oh wait, you don't like that.
Speaker 2: I'm Scottie s Coodt. I E there.
Speaker 1: It is Welcome to serial Killers. It's the serial podcast that you love.
Speaker 2: Can I just quickly say something? You may this is some house cleaning? House cleaning is anything.
Speaker 1: We keep it? Keep house? I don't clean my head.
Speaker 2: Don't cry milk back in our cinnamon are episode? Did Amy know that you had maple cheerios?
Speaker 1: She did not. Huh it wasn't really a maple episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, maple cheerios were there, and you're like, my wife, will no I had maple?
Speaker 1: Well we didn't make out that day, so she would have known if we kissed, but we didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, just need to get that out of the way.
Speaker 1: Can tell you what, you know what I'm gonna eat. I'm gonna eat some more today before we're done with this podcast, and I'll let you know tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You know, you can eat normally. You don't have to like choke it down. Yeah, like you just illustrated for me. Yeah, well, here we are. Wow, it's September.
Speaker 1: I can't even believe it Isn't that crazy? And this is episode forty. That's just remarkable.
Speaker 2: Forty episodes of Cereal. We should have weighed ourselves on episode one to episode forty.
Speaker 1: Well, I've actually lost weight since episode one. I lost ten pounds since episode one, crazy because I've stopped eating entire bowls of cereal, which is nice. Yeah, look at this, he said, you lost one frowns. Well, my t shirts are large now. So anyway, I will give you the option cool classic or new Cereal becase do generally we try to do one each in each episode, but you know, sometimes like that last one with the Choco yet healthy crap. I don't even know when those came out, so they could be new, they could have been around forever. Who knows.
Speaker 2: Choco Chimp was also making a wreck of the studio, so we apologize.
Speaker 1: He was throwing poop everywhere.
Speaker 2: Actually it was just the Choco Chimp cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh well, what do you want today? Classic or new?
Speaker 2: I always feel like I said classics. I'm gonna go with new.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it's fall, and what's more fall than leaves? Can't eat leaves?
Speaker 2: What's more chewing leaves?
Speaker 1: What's more fall than a caramel apple at a carnival? Oh no, what happened?
Speaker 2: I don't like caramel apples? I don't.
Speaker 1: It's new from posts. It's another honey bunches of oats, variety apple, caramel crunch or caramel if you will? No, what's the matter?
Speaker 2: First of all, dehydrated apple? I'm allergic to apples?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean no, you're not, liar, I am, You're not allergic. And second of all, they can't be hydrated apples. You can't just cut up an apple and throw in a box. They have to be dehydrated.
Speaker 2: I don't want this, you.
Speaker 1: Have to have it. There's plenty of crap that I didn't want for this, But how to have it? We do it for the listeners.
Speaker 2: You're right, who've listened to us for forty episodes, so thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's made with real apple slices, naturally flavored with other natural flavors. Look at those caramel cubes.
Speaker 2: Can I just say caramel to me? Know what tastes I hate more than anything? Salted caramel? Really I hate.
Speaker 1: I never quite understood.
Speaker 2: I don't get those salted carrau salty sweet.
Speaker 1: I don't really understand that.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. Okay when people put whole chunks of like salt with the caramel, I'm like, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a trendy thing. It won't be around for long.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's existed for you know, centuries.
Speaker 1: But you know you're right, corn, whole grain, wheat sugar not bad third ingredient. I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I am not looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I'm really disappointed in myself because I told you I was going to do the whole story of mister Post and mister Kellogg.
Speaker 2: Yeah you never did you know? The sanitarium?
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor CW. Post. I didn't do my research. Oh that was those were his initials, c W. Yeah, that's a college on Long Island too, oh really, Yeah, you never heard of that Long Island University c W post. Now my brother went there. Oh really, this is a flimsy bag if I've ever felt one's messed up. See, I love the smell smell. It smells like fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it smells great taste wise. Look, you've done your own thing before, and that's my thing. Yeah, and you love the cereal chocolate Lucky Charms cinnamon chocolate toast crunch. By the way, you stole that whole box of chocolate Lucky Charms. No, you know, I don't know if we've discussed this yet, but I'm going to tell you right now that as soon as I see it, when it comes out, it's going to be a ceial emergency and it's going to be a bonus prize inside Middle of the Week episode when they come out with the it's the like Crisp Rice in any event, Kellock screwed up Rice Krispy treat You know that, right. Yeah, So now Lucky Charms apparently is coming out with a Rice Krispy Treates type cereal with marshmallows. Shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. It's in like a turquoise box and I've seen a picture of it online. I tweeted a picture of it out not terribly long ago. But I'm just waiting for it. And as soon as it comes out, I'll be the first to get it, and you'll be the first to know about it.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Yeah. Oh, I'm very happy to hear that. Thank you, you got it.
Speaker 1: Grab some fat free, lactose free milk. Taste the same, love it nice and creamy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a cool description.
Speaker 1: Here is your honey, bunches of oats, caramel, apple, and new spoon.
Speaker 2: Don't like the dehydrated apples may make my mouth itch.
Speaker 1: You have more issues than we know. All right, you're ready? Oh, I like it to leave the skins on the apples.
Speaker 2: Good, It's real good. It's okay, right, yeah, can we just start the episode here? So that's why everything I said before this again.
Speaker 1: You know, the flakes kind of get on the way. I just like the sweet stuff.
Speaker 2: All I'm gonna say is that with these cereals, it just kind of feels like you're getting punched in the mouth. There's like so much that you have to like your palette is going through like all of a sudden you're chewing something, You're like, Oh there's a crunch. Oh wow, there's a granola cluster. Oh wow, there's an apple. Oh wait, there's quota and paramel.
Speaker 1: The clusters are really good. I'm gonna tell you, And if you've ever had what I'm about to say before, you will say yep about it. Let me tell you what this tastes exactly like yep. Quaker instant oatmeal, apple cinnamon.
Speaker 2: I love that?
Speaker 1: Is that? Not that much?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: You're soul right, that's exactly the taste of If you ever the little pouches of Quaker oatmeal, apple cinnamon, instant oatmeal, that's what this tastes like.
Speaker 2: You just transported me.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's delicious. Okay, one more, but three balls and a spoon for me? Four balls from you? Okay, I can count your four fingers. Finish your cup.
Speaker 2: I have a cut on the inside of my mouth. The dehydrated apple. It's definitely getting in there. It's swell a little.
Speaker 1: Bit me too. Last night I burn my mouth on a hot corn cob. So the roof of my mouth is just in its shards, it's just hanging chads of skin. And so cluster is kind of aggravated a little bit, but it was still delicious.
Speaker 2: You're listening to cereal killers where you get to hear that Scotty's mouth got tore up from a hot corn cob.
Speaker 1: And that's not a euphemism for anything. I actually had corn last night. It was delicious, but it hurt me.
Speaker 2: No one actually thought when you said you're me like you went to the most absurd realm of thinking that hot corn cob would sound sexual in any way.
Speaker 1: What said never said sexual, You said sexual. I said euphemism.
Speaker 2: Please, we all know where your head is.
Speaker 1: Going down to the cereal sack. That's where my head is, okay, And I'm coming back up with something from Kellogg's. It's been around for a while. I remember it as a kid. My mom used to get it every once in a while. I don't think I liked it then, but you know, my palette has grown up and it's not bad. And you've talked about this before and I think you'll like it. It's another dense, heavy cereal, so it's a small box and it weighs about forty pounds. It's not grape nuts. Don't worry, no, no, no, I am worried. I like grape nuts, but oh I won't worry because it's not grape nuts. It's in a healthy cereal family, but it's probably really not all that healthy. It's Kellogg's Cracklin Oat.
Speaker 2: Bran Cracklin oat brand.
Speaker 1: You've never seen this before? No, are you kidding? This is a classic cereal.
Speaker 2: I don't think you understand when I don't go down the cereal aisle because I'll eat my cereal here.
Speaker 1: But before you did this podcast, Yeah, you've never seen cereals before.
Speaker 2: I have. I just never studied the boxes like you did.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, caw Log's crack on oat brown crunchy sweet oven baked oat cereal.
Speaker 2: Do you bring like a yellow notepad and just like take notes because I really need to see. What I want more than anything is surveillance footage of you just standing in the cereal out because I feel like you're there for a solid ten minutes every time.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Andy, it's all in here my head. I know all these cereal facts. I know how much they cost, I know what brand makes what. I know it all. There's cereal kind of swore.
Speaker 2: If there's cereal jeopardy. We need to get you on it.
Speaker 1: I would clear that category. I know you woit seriously, all right, so let's check it out. Ingredients, whole grain, oats, sugar, so I mean they try to pass it off as healthy just because it has brand the name.
Speaker 2: The thing that makes me a little disturbed by it, yeah, is that it kind of looks like, uh, pasta in the front. There's a pasta brand that has that exact look.
Speaker 1: It's weird because these are o's, but they're squares at the same time, which is kind of odd. The cereal that goes beyond the ball. Don't keep Kellogg's Crackling Oat bran confined to the breakfast table. Take it with you to share and enjoy wherever you go. A handful of Kellog's Crackling Oat brand Trail Mix is great for snacking however. You snack or pack it enjoy any time of the day. It looked as a guy walking his dog on there while he's throwing squares into his mouth.
Speaker 2: No, it's funny about it. Is it gonna be like the Checks mix, the old Checks mix that has the powder of whatever you put in the bag and then we heat it up.
Speaker 1: I hope not. No, God nough, all.
Speaker 2: Right, heat it up, checks mix.
Speaker 1: So there's pictures of little cinnamon sticks on the front, so I know that there's some cinnamon he taste here. I mean, there's no doubt about it. It looks like dog treats. I can't like frame it any other way. Hold on, speaking of dog treats.
Speaker 2: Don't bring the dog ball. We don't need the dog ball. Listen, ah for the one listener And that's like, thank god they did that.
Speaker 1: No, My wife is like, you know what, that's the way it's sound cool? All right? Crackling up? Oh, it has a very cinnamony like uh fall to almost like a pumpkin spice type of smell.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that the oat?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell it is?
Speaker 2: Where the brand?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 2: Where's it the krackling part.
Speaker 1: Comes from? Because it is hold on, let me listen. See if it's crackling. Oh a little bit.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the retirement home.
Speaker 1: It smells like it too. All right, Oh, here we go, kello. I know it's really hard to even like grasp a piece of it. You're ready.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I like the look of these.
Speaker 1: This is odd made on the milkbone machine. Yet you're ready. I haven't had this in a long time.
Speaker 2: I don't like this. You don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's almost like putting milk in it, So putting milk in a granola bar and eating giant chunks of it.
Speaker 2: M it gets a bowl and spoom.
Speaker 1: It's very cinnamony like. I would almost call this pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like the Sure, it's slimy. The cereal is slimy.
Speaker 1: If they called it pumpkin spice crackling oat brand, it could pass as that. I bet there's nutmeg in here, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: I think that's what threw me off? Was that? For me? I'm going into it as like a thinking it's gonna have like a honey bunches of oat crunch to it. It doesn't. It's not slimy. It's a fall cereal and nasty. You want to try one dry? Sure, Okay, Let's see if I could bump it up a spoon. If I have one dry, let's see what the real uh trail mix taste is.
Speaker 1: Well, they want you to mix it with fruit and nuts and steaf.
Speaker 2: No, it tastes like granola.
Speaker 1: I would eat it as a snack on the couch. Dry. The milk kind of does something to it.
Speaker 2: I don't like the milk on it dry. Two bowls and a spoon with milk, a bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 1: I'll give kellogs crackle an oat bran three balls. It's not terrible. It's not something I would eat on a daily basis, but if it was here, i'd snack on it.
Speaker 2: Also, I think I might be allergic to this because I'm starting to feel my bottom lips.
Speaker 1: Start to get itchy. Maybe it's like the bran.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: You've had brand before?
Speaker 2: This is great, Love my life.
Speaker 1: Oh I got something for you serial Killers? But bonus? What's an episode of serial Killers without a bonus box?
Speaker 2: Why do you only play that on certain episodes?
Speaker 1: Well, because I just kind of want to mix it up, you know, maybe in the next episode we'll go back to the cereal graveyard again. Oh Okay, that was fun, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: No? Not really. That segment was kind of a dud, But you know it's I'm just a passenger in your car.
Speaker 1: Why, because the really are no cereals that have been dead since you were a kid.
Speaker 2: I know because you talked about OJ's several times before that, and then you were like, it's the cereal graveyard. I'm going to talk about OJ's again because.
Speaker 1: I wanted to play the commercial. Cool, all right, I'm going down to the cereal stack to grab the bonus box, and again, this is what I can only find in a family size. I don't know why they do it, but this is probably one that you'll want to take home and steal from the serial vault once we're done with it. Okay, all right, it's a General Mills cereal. Yeah, we've done many varieties before. It was born in nineteen ninety five, the same year I start are working here. What do you make corn pops? General Mills doesn't make corn pops, you dope. Plus we've done it before. Oh my blood pressure with you.
Speaker 2: Oh I know what cinnamon cereal?
Speaker 1: No, that was Kellog's and they don't make it anymore. I hate you so much. It's General Mills and we've done other varieties. I'll give you one more guest before I punch you in the face.
Speaker 2: Berry berry kicks.
Speaker 1: We did that already. They're o's. They're o's.
Speaker 2: There are cereos.
Speaker 1: You have a kind scooters. Oh my god, I can't, I have to go.
Speaker 2: Is the bonus box canceled?
Speaker 1: The bonus box is oh so sweet because frosted cheerios. Oh my god, yes, I love It's my favorite. Every cereal is your favorite? Wow? Wow, that took a turn. Whatever, dude, you can dish it. You have to take it. You take it, Andrew, I wish it was a prize in here.
Speaker 2: I've decided not to talk. You have apparently everything is my favorite?
Speaker 1: Well it is. Oh that smells nice and frosty.
Speaker 2: I love frosted cheerios. Pam, you give every deep bad backsies. You didn't even know this was bad, genuine meus.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're gonna make fun of me, at least know that it's five bowls and not five boxes. This is your podcast, all right.
Speaker 2: You say you're gonna replace me all the time.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, one day, it's inevitable that one of us won't be here anymore. Hey, time was grim fun fact. I don't mean dead, I just mean won't be working here anymore. Fun fact in all forty two episodes, because we've actually done forty two with the two bonus ones we've done.
Speaker 2: There's only been three bonus episodes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's only been one cereal that had a prize inside, and it was the Lion King patch that's right from Honey Nut Cheerios.
Speaker 2: Did you bring that to your daughter like you said you would?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she put it on her notebook.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah? Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: All right, frosted cheerios from General Mills. Let's get some milk on there.
Speaker 2: I already know what I'm gonna give this, so.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be that high because again, what happens is the frosting washes off, then they become just regular cheerios, which we also have not done yet, and it just is bland. Let's see. Okay, take it, man, take it.
Speaker 2: So that was some negativity. Frosted cheerios are delicious, and when the.
Speaker 1: Last time you had frosted cherios just in a nutshell.
Speaker 2: Probably like last year? Okay, yes, it has that going for you. Okay, mm five ball. No, Well, you're an idiot because.
Speaker 1: I don't like something like you like it. I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: We've gone over this before. I've said this to you before, five balls taste like honey nut cheerios to me, No, there's some frosting to it. It's a nice sweetness and that's why it gets five bowls. Cheerios can do No, wait, that's a lie. Peanut butter chocolate cheerios is an abomination to humanity and should be put in a bunker with cement over it, like Chernobyl style.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin spice cheerios.
Speaker 2: Did we like those?
Speaker 1: We didn't have them, but we just assumed that we wouldn't like them. I would like to try them, all right, we'll get them in here.
Speaker 2: But basically, cheerios can do no wrong in my book, outside of peanut butter chocolate charios.
Speaker 1: Three balls and a spoon from me, Well, that's rude. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It is. Know what it tastes like?
Speaker 1: What? What like frosted cheerios?
Speaker 2: Your negativity on this episode needs to be cut out. Fix that in post production. Your attitude. How does that sound? It tastes like the lucky charm pieces with a little bit of the marshmallow on it.
Speaker 1: Let me see. Nope, it tastes like cheerios.
Speaker 2: Again, you're an idiot. The milk of frosted cheerios is delicious.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's see.
Speaker 2: I hate it. It tastes like cheerio milk.
Speaker 1: It just tastes like sweet milk.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, Bam.
Speaker 1: There be a little bit of chocolate in there though. No why chocolate churios aren't very good either? Did we have no the cereal? The cereal? I'm talking about the cereal?
Speaker 2: What I'm so confused?
Speaker 1: Chocolate cheerios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had chocolate cheerios.
Speaker 1: It's also this your butt hole. There's a chocolate cheerio.
Speaker 2: Who calls it that? Like? Where did that come from? Hey?
Speaker 1: Think inside the box with cereal killers. That's what we like to say.
Speaker 2: You're gonna start calling butt holes chocolate cheerios.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard that before? No, look at the mirror tonight. Okay, after you take a shower.
Speaker 2: I won't thank you for the suggestion.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, Well you'll thank me at some point in your life.
Speaker 2: Have you been like calling it chocolate chario for years? Nah?
Speaker 1: Elvis calls it that on the show and whatever when a lot for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah for real, have never heard him say that.
Speaker 1: I bet you if you look up hashtag chocolate cheerio. You'll probably see pictures of buttholes.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look this up with you right here.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. While you're doing that, I'll let you know. Please follow us on Twitter at serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C. And you can also like us on Facebook. Please, even though I haven't yet been to the page. Andrew says that it's fantastic, and subscribe and do all that stuff on all your podcast apps because we're all over the place now. Thank you so much for listening to us.
Speaker 2: We had to go in his filthy minds.
Speaker 1: My mother's on fire. I told you, Holy mother Jesus, you've heard of everything. Have you never heard of that before?
Speaker 2: I just saw how it was used in a sentence, and now I'm just.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, just add some milk to it. Thank you for listening. We got to go have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, the milk that they're adding is an actual milk.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's just it is today, Monday. I don't know, it's Friday, Friday. Yeah, so have a great weekend. We'll see you Monday. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Make sure you hit the like and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Did that while you were looking up porn? I did it? I already did it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Did you say subscribe yes? Did you say where? I said it all?
Speaker 1: I said everywhere. Thank you, have a great day, We love you, and until next time, crunch.
Speaker 2: I need eye bleach.
Speaker 1: I think berry berry cheerio would look better than a chocolate one