Speaker 1: And the boys are. We're trending a little bit at o Jo Sinko. We've had Dereck Henry. You may Bargatzi George. We're on here now, I'm talking. We're catching a little stride right now. So this is gonna be this is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: This is a tight End podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, this is a tight End buster. We're all lined.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, let's just throw that out there. Tight End you already.
Speaker 3: So what you are you guys claiming?
Speaker 1: Are you guys saying iwiz tight end you Yes, boys who have a phenomenal episode coming up. You have myself the Boy, we have TJ. Hockinson episode eighty eight. He's number eighty eight. Or let's welcome the Boy onto Busting with the boys. And I'm sitting here with my new co host, George Kittle, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Taylor.
Speaker 3: Taylor, he went rogue, he went rogue, he went you know.
Speaker 1: He called me up and he was like, hey, will I was in Arizona for a wedding for the weekend. I was supposed to come back Monday. He calls me Sunday. We're on FaceTime. It's great to see him, great to see his face, and he's just like, I want to stay in Arizona for a month. Oh and so you know, kept my composure. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I was like, how do you respond? Yeah? And I'm like, what do you want to do with busting' He's like, you know, there's a lot of guys training out here, So I think we're going to go out there in March. We're going to try to go for a week, try to get some guys that are training out in Arizona.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was like, we'll make it work. We always do.
Speaker 2: Ye are in training in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I probably will a couple days, a couple of days I'm there.
Speaker 2: But you didn't include your right off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: His first thought wasn't you know to train out there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his thought was, I know I'm staying out here for a month.
Speaker 1: I need to make sure it's gonna be okay with the boy, and we need to make sure buss is rolling.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's mobile, right, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't drive, that's the thing. And I was like, we always figure it out. So I was like, I'm happier out there. You know, the weather's better, obviously he left right after the snowstorm, and you know, you know, he got off the plane, was getting the good vibes, the Arizona vibes, was getting the good weather.
Speaker 3: It's sunny out there.
Speaker 1: You get a little more, you smile a little bit more compared to the gray weather in Nashville. So, you know, I know the boy's been dealing with the comeback with the ACL so he enjoyed it. I'm happy that the boy's happy. But until we get out to Arizona, we had to make it work. And the way to make it work was find another co host for the time being, and who else other than somebody who's been on the pod a couple times now, somebody that's familiar with the boys, somebody that lives in Nashville, none other than George Kittle. And I'm just hey, let's get George Kittle knew co host right now for the moment. We'll talk about payment. We'll talk about payment a bit. Appearances have gotten a little private.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it has. And you've made you've been you've been trending up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's all right, no, but you know, for the boys, it is what it is. Yeah, we'll make it work. I love that because that's the whole mantra. It's about being for the boys. Yeah, except that you went to Nebraska. So it's kind of a.
Speaker 3: Hey, did I not? Did I not do what I said I was gonna do?
Speaker 2: You did you did? Take?
Speaker 4: He came down from Friday. It was nice.
Speaker 2: We had to cut his sleeves off, which he was open about, which was also really nice. And he took pre work out to the Dome, which was thrilling and exhilarating and it was really funny to watch that.
Speaker 1: That's That's what I didn't get is you were talked about taking it to the dome and you guys didn't actually take it to the dome. I just wanted to see you. But that's that's casual. That's a casual Tuesday in the Brian. It didn't look casual for you.
Speaker 3: Well because I didn't have a chaser. Chaser Dave.
Speaker 1: The ship was like, we got coffee, right, and I'm thinking you, I'm about to chase his fruity pre workout with a hot Yeah, with a hot coffee.
Speaker 3: So I put the pre work out in before I get the coffee.
Speaker 1: Worst mistake try swallowing, no pause, and I just start coffee and get chalky, so a little bit of a little air is coming out. I grabbed the coffee. I'm swigging the coffee. He's like, I didn't think you'd actually do it. I'm like, wait, wait, wait a minute, what's TJ doing. He's not He's got it mixed in. Yeah, and then Brian just domed his pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys not dome your uh? I tried it a week ago about choked. Yeah, I was done with that.
Speaker 1: The key is obviously you throw it in and chase it right away with water and swish around in your mouth.
Speaker 2: And give it a nice swallow, more like the cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 1: But also I posted the video when I would beat Nebraska. Yeah, I did a solid.
Speaker 2: That was you know, that was great and I really really do appreciate that and the amount of Iowa fans that said, like, Georgia're bowling Will Compton, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: How funny is the Internet? Sometimes it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Like you, you're very good at spinning it the way that you want to spin it, Like you sold it. You you know, you said everything that you wanted to say, and you still made everyone feel sorry for you, which is amazing because I think it's like the first Nebraska thing that anyone's felt sorry for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Time, Yeah, I mean we're struggling. We're struggling in Nebraska. I will again, I will admit it. You guys are up on us. And I couldn't be on the pot that you went on with Taylor because the COVID protocols wouldn't allow me to come on the bus, so I couldn't wear the Eyewa gear. So I'm actually surprised you didn't bring a shirt. That's right, I'm surprised you didn't bring an Eyewas shirt for me to wear.
Speaker 2: Well, if Taylor's gonna be gone for a while, you know, this seat needs somebody to sit in there, I got, I got a lot more opportunities.
Speaker 3: George is really prepping to be in the seat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well it's nice and it's actually kind of a natural fit for me. Taylor.
Speaker 3: What's what's life been like for George Kittle?
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to the Young Stallion, you know what I mean, we got to enter, we got to introduce the old Bull to the fans.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, I mean, season wasn't obviously what we wanted to be. Breaking a bone in your foot, missed six weeks. That was wild, but I got to come back play the end of the year, played pretty well, so it was fun. Austin's been actually pretty exciting for me though. Got seventy five acres right right outside of Nashville, building an entire training facility on it for the boys.
Speaker 3: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: That shit is fucking awesome. The pictures are incredible. It's it's pretty sick. I can show some picks, you know, we can. We put them up there for for everybody to see. But that's gonna be really fun. Start training there hopefully next week, and I got a whole recovery room on the second floor. It's gonna be pretty awesome. So I'm looking forward to that. And I'll finally move out there next week as well. You're gonna move out there, Oh yeah, I got a house there. It's not just it's not just a barn.
Speaker 1: It's not a hobby. No, no, this shit ain't no hobby. It's just life, dude. Seventy five acres. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited about We got it back in It was actually crazy. We got it in August or I think we closed on it in October on like on my birthday. And I had never seen it because I was in training camp when we put an offer in on it. And so I bought the house and I saw for the first time like the last week of January.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: And I did that. My last house I bought too. But were you.
Speaker 3: Were you more so doing it just because of the project of the barn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. When they told me I could build, You're like it, I'll make the house what I wanted to Yeah. Yeah, no, I'll say, babe, you got the house, just give me the barn and let me do what I want to it. Which, yeah, So it's gone really well for me. I'm having an absolute blast. Dude.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. You came back from a broken foot in six weeks. Yeah, that's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I uh, they told me eight to ten and I got it done in six, So I was pretty happy about it. I the old boy broke his foot. Yeah, in college and it was eight weeks. Did you get a pin put in? No? I didn't have to get hurt put in the surgery was they said you could get surgery? I was like if I don't have to.
Speaker 1: I don't right right right, anytime you can avoid the needle. Yeah, avoid the knife, man, Yeah, yeah, I said the needle, the knife.
Speaker 2: The needle, the needle. Yeah. I did a couple of fun you know, different rehab stuff for that, but uh, overall, I came back pretty quick, you know, definitely still sore. That's where. Oh yeah, it broke balls like they heal, but you're just kind of like you feel them for a long time.
Speaker 3: And in your feet too, like your feet are crucial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of little bones in there. But I broke cboyd, which is apparently is a very hard bone to break. But I did it somehow, and I don't know, you don't know how catch though it was. It was one of my better catches of my career. Yeah really, Oh yeah, dude. I got was getting pulled down and I got hit in the back of the head as I made the catch.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I did see that?
Speaker 2: It was nice? Yeah, and I jopped off. My coach is yell at me. I was like, this isn't happening. I can't go again.
Speaker 1: Were people wanting you? Were people pressing you to Since the forty nine ers, no disrespect. You guys weren't having a good year, but were people pressing you to not go back and play since you had broke your foot? And it's kind of like, oh, it's George Kittle. You just you just got the pay day. It's like, why why risks something more?
Speaker 2: We were in contention easily and then we lost I think we lost three straight or two straight, and then we lost the Cowboys, which like eliminated us, and so two weeks left. Tough loss, yeah, and then that wasn't fun. But CJ got in Beathard, which I always enjoyed seeing my boys CJ play, and he played well. But they were like, yeah, you got two games left, Uh do you want to play? And I was like, well, I'm healthy and I can play, so why would I not play? Ye? Hey, you get only so many opportunities to play football in this game that I love, So why would I not go out there with you know, with my friends, with my family, and I know that the crazy about football is you only play with that team like for one year, and then half the roster changes, half the coaching staff changes. So you know, I just put it out there and wanted to play one last time, and I had two fun games. CJ got a dub and uh you know, kind of went out a better note than just missing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and being for the boys. That's a for the boys move too.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Let's get to our guest, TJ. The Stallion, This stallion, the young Stallion.
Speaker 2: Dude, I like you. I like young stallions. Get that to catch on.
Speaker 1: So TJ and I we have the same agent. Shout out n C Sports and Neil corn Rich and sports. Neil was like, do not ask, uh TJ if you would cut his dick off for a Super Bowl. So I'm we're not even gonna ask it. We're not going to ask you, but would you would you? We were not gonna We're there already.
Speaker 5: Two years and we'll see, we'll see. We got another we got another couple. Would you bring in a super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: It's gonna be sweet. That's gonna be like that. I put a little swing on it. Yeah yeah, so yeah, just to get to.
Speaker 2: Saw what I saw that little spark on your Yeah, what's what's it been like for the what's it been like for you?
Speaker 3: The for what you just finish your second year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Pro Bowl for a year, two guys. You love to see it.
Speaker 3: Man, it's tough to get. It's tough to get in the whole Pro Bowl voting, like you know how it is.
Speaker 4: It's pretty kind of like George is getting mad at me because I don't post any.
Speaker 3: I mean, there is something to it. I tell Levante all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, like, let me run your socials, like, because you're you're Levante Is. He's a savage bro, he's one of the best. Now he's getting recognition. But I'm always like, you gotta even though it's like.
Speaker 2: A weird connect with people. Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like a weird frownd of like you know, now that's stupid whatever, But it just is what it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I hate I hate making people mad.
Speaker 5: And every time I post, someone comments something bad and I'm like.
Speaker 4: I don't want to welcome to the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, dude, you're young in the game. Like when you have something like this, like we get nothing butt chirps.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We had Derek on and we were pressing them about uh Alabama, like, okay, would you get paid? Joking with him obviously, like he knows it. Oh they pay me in rings, baby, and did all this stuff. I'm like, who in your family got jobs? Bar still posted on their feed and if you go to their feed and look at those comments, people are destroying us, bro, I'm talking clowns. Like look at these dudes pressing like they're the fans. They're this, they're that, like they're not boys, like saying the most ship something.
Speaker 2: That you probably be like, Okay, we can't do the pot anymore. But uh yeah, totally. It's yeah, yeah, shut it down. But it's like, you know, that's just part of the deal. Yeah, No, it is tough. It is tough.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm getting out there a little bit more, but I'm still struggling.
Speaker 2: You came to the right spot, though, I think I'm on a two week drought. But that's that's all right.
Speaker 1: You came to the right spot that you're on busting with the boys now. And the boys we're trending a little bit. Jo, We've had Derrick, Henry made Bargatzi George.
Speaker 4: We're on here now.
Speaker 1: I'm talking, we're catching a little stride right now. So this is gonna be this is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: This is a tight end podcast. Now, yeah, this is a tight end buster. We're a line's Yeah, let's just throw that out there. Tight end you already?
Speaker 1: So would you are you guys claiming? Are you guys saying Iowa is tighten you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who else is compet who's a competitor? Who was somebody that you would argue against Iowa?
Speaker 2: I would say Miami definitely has a shot, especially like Shocky Greg Olsen and those two Winslow Like those are all three very good players that played a long time. I think Notre Dame always tries to throw their hat in there. Notre Dame does, and they do. Who's okay, who else came from Iowa? Doubts the o G highest paid tight end of his time? Yeah, we know that.
Speaker 3: You know what, We know that Dallas Clark's the highest paid tight end of his time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I mean you had to two tight ends drafted in the first round for the first time ever. Okay, flex was a huge f I got fifth round. Yeah, now he helped me get paid. You were fifth round? Who else did you say to first? No offense? No, oh ship, what do you go? Eighteen or twenty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same year. I apologize. I'm pretty uh really like no torch Nebraska, like every time you touched I love like an eighty yard touchdown. I never lost in Nebraska. I'm gonna throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine. I was, uh, I was against Iowa. So I never lost Iowa twice. Yeah, because that's when we transitioned to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as they couldn't win in the Big twelve, so they thought they come the Big ten, you'll there.
Speaker 3: You're you're you're new on this thing. You better fucking tread is that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: The big boy table came out right, he said you Hey, they can't say at the big Boy table. So it's not a rivalry yet. And I don't know, I think it's gone pretty well for us the last five six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeez, Hey, I did not know I was going to get back into a corner like this.
Speaker 3: I should have known.
Speaker 2: You're in the corner.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: I know you guys bring up great points.
Speaker 2: No, but hey, you you were you Hey you were savage black shirt man. I'll give you that. So, yeah, you got your dubs. But I can, since it's what five or six years now, I will drag them through the nails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have every right to. You have every right to. But hey, we were competitive in the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh no, well so the year before you left, my dad was on the coaching staff at OU and so he beat you guys in the Big twelve championship.
Speaker 3: Yes, when we were up seventeen and nothing, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they came back.
Speaker 3: That was disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was in the sands cheering and I was like, hey, who's that. It's not Will?
Speaker 1: Who's the freshman out there not knowing what the hell he's doing.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't even know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, that shit's crazy. So, uh, the whole tight end you thing you said his name is what? No, Noah, no shout out, no.
Speaker 2: Fan but no free shoutouts.
Speaker 3: No, all the.
Speaker 1: Boys get shout outs. Okay, brands don't get free shoutouts. The boys get free shoutouts. That's the whole mantra. Noah is the boy so something now so and so you guys now have two You have two first rounders, fifth rounder love it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: And then Dallas Clark and you're saying like, hey, Iowa is now tight en you.
Speaker 2: We also got Tony Moyaki was an absolute savage. He had some injuries, but he was a dog. He had Scott Schannler that played for like eight to nine years with the Patriots, and a couple of different a couple of different NFL teams. Let's see who else am I missing? Oh? Marv Cook? Dude. Back in the eighties and nineties, Mark Cook was an absolute Mark Cook. Was I love your.
Speaker 3: Guys' history knowledge on Iowa?
Speaker 2: Well? I respect. Yeah, they're all in the rooms where Iowa guys. I grew up Iowa fans and so like we grew up going to Iowa football game. So that's just like I watched every game Dallas Clark ever played in like live in the stadium.
Speaker 1: How long have you guys known each other or was that just college when you guys played college.
Speaker 2: He came on a visit and that's when I met him. Yeah, but he was a freshman. I was a senior.
Speaker 3: What did you think of George as a as a young freshman?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a lot for sure.
Speaker 5: No, every time I think I walked into the tight end room, he asked me if I wanted to dip?
Speaker 4: So that was that was always fun?
Speaker 2: Were you not right? Away. So George broke you.
Speaker 3: George broke your tobacco.
Speaker 5: I've tried it a few times. I did it for probably a month, and then I was like, I did I can't do this.
Speaker 3: Is George the one who broke you and popped the cherry I had?
Speaker 2: Car?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pete. Car was the second year end that.
Speaker 2: We played with Peter Peakarr awesome, our dad's put together in Iowa. We're definitely boys.
Speaker 5: My freshman year, I had no idea what was going on, and George was always in the back chirping at me.
Speaker 3: Really, oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: It just they'd asked. You'd get asked a question like what too?
Speaker 1: Scat scat hash yeah, and what is that answer?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Man? I had no idea. What did you think of tj? Oh just a monster? I was you thought you thought he was a monster. Him and Noah both and they came in were freaks because you know.
Speaker 1: When like you know, young cats come in, it's like they might be a monster, but you're not telling quite low key kind of like.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I like t J and no were awesome And when they first came in, they were both late to their very first lift. Pretty sure that's what it was. I got yelled at for that. He did get yelled yelled by everybody for that, for not being a good enough leader for the for the boys that missed their first day first Wednesday, it was they split it up between linebackers and tight ends, and why aren't.
Speaker 4: We with the linebackers.
Speaker 5: So we were, we were early and I showed up at with the linebackers and so did and we.
Speaker 2: Had you know, it was late, like the first three days. Oh dude.
Speaker 5: We had a sled one hundred yards there and one hundred yards back and what I think I puked halfway through the Yeah, and then we had to go do.
Speaker 4: Seven on seven for being late, for being late.
Speaker 2: It's those sleds too, were like there's no weight on up. You have to grab the bottom bar so your hands are like six inches off the ground. Yeah, you're just pushing it on a thick turf that doesn't slide.
Speaker 3: Oh that's brutal.
Speaker 1: If we were late, we had to do one hundred turkeysh get up so you have a forty five plate and go down and stand up and then press it.
Speaker 2: Over your head. So we started doing those like my I think going into my junior year and yeah, we're gonna Turkish get ups, Like, oh yeah, that sounds interesting.
Speaker 3: Not interesting, No, no, no, no, they're.
Speaker 2: Not interesting and all they're awful.
Speaker 3: Have you guys, did you guys ever have to pencil roll?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh oh bro.
Speaker 1: We had a dirty locker room once and we had to pencil roll three hundred yards on a Sunday after a game and they were putting cones out where everybody was puking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a bloodbed.
Speaker 2: Same thing. That was my my freshman class. We were a bunch of shitheads. Shitheads and literally like two weeks into us trained, they're like all right, yeah, you guys were meeting us right here, six am and they just put all the freshmen and they's made us roll back and forth until kaf told us to stop.
Speaker 4: I went back and forth probably six or seven times, damn.
Speaker 2: And like you just you'd see an orange cone out of the side of your eye and that's where someone puked. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They so you try and caddy corner to like go a little sideways, you do a push up between, and then you're fucked the rest of the day for eating and everything else done.
Speaker 2: You can't do anything.
Speaker 1: I never understood that either because they would they would make guys who they make guys pencil roll and they like need to gain weight.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I'm saying, So like they can't.
Speaker 1: They obviously can't gain weight because you're not hungry after doing three hundred yards of pencil rolls.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 5: Or they didn't make a dude at I would make a dude come in and drink three shakes and then you can't eat breakfast and now you're behind and yeah, you know, or we're struggling to gain weight, so we'd drink a lot of water.
Speaker 4: I couldn't eat the rest of the day. Oh it is the best. I love that.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's a here's a here's a fun question. Shout out bare bottom clothing, no free shoutouts. After spending months at home this winter, warmer weather is finally on the horizon. Break out of your hibernation in style and comfort with bare bottom clothing. Maybe you didn't like the whole winter analogy, let's go spring break. Spring break season is here and you probably can't wait to soak up the sun after a long winter inside. But you have to make sure you're equipped with the right threads to conquer your spring adventures, and where should you go to upgrade your get outside wardrobe? Will look no further than the boys at bare Bottom Clothing. Bare Bottom Clothing is the go to for the most versatile, comfortable, and wearable everyday clothing for men. With a rapidly growing cult following of over one hundred thousand customers and countless five star reviews, you know that you're getting quality everyday threads for a fraction of what you have to spend with the other guys. Bare Bottoms zero CHAF. I will say that again because that is extremely important for my big thigh guys out there. Bare Bottoms zero CHAF stretch swim trunks feature quick drying four way stretch fabric made sustainably from recycled plastic bottles, and their wildly versatile Volley short swim hybrid is the go to for trips on land or sea. Bare Bottom Clothing is built for value. You're getting comfortable, made to last swim trunks, shorts and teas that you won't break the bank. Thousands of guys have already made bare Bottom the MVP of their closet and keep coming back for more. Right now, our listeners get free shipping on their first order of these super comfortable threads at Barebottom Clothing dot Com with code busting.
Speaker 3: Just go to bare bottom.
Speaker 1: Clothing dot com that's b E A R like the Animal Bottom Clothing dot Com and use code busting to get free shipping on your first order. George, what would be putting you on the spot? Okay, what would be yours as a co host of Busting with the Boys at the moment, what would be your first question to our guest TJ? What would be something that you would want to talk to TJ about that our viewers needed about.
Speaker 2: Well, why did you wear the same suit that you took a photo in your senior year at the Gold Tie and you wore that to the NFL Draft? Like did I wasn't?
Speaker 1: Oh you wore your your school photo to the draft? Yeah, yeah I did that. And there's a lot of reasons.
Speaker 5: The draft is a it's an interview and you have to do everything right.
Speaker 2: That was That was the worst thing. But I you know how I was. I was a clean class Iowa guy, never did anything wrong, never put myself out there. Look at the Gold Tie.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, clean shave. I mean that's the that. I mean, that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome, and that's what you wanted to that's what you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that you wanted everybody to thank you.
Speaker 2: I will say this, when you come out of Iowa and like you have like all the stamps, like that goes a long way in the NFL. It definitely does. Just like when you get to check mark from KF and then like you have thought my fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: He's a good dude. All right, he's a good dude. Bounce my gosh. He's the greatest accent. But like when you get that check mark, like it definitely goes a long way. I really believe that. So when he's portraying that, yeah, it's see Iowa way, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because now you've got this whole Howard Stern looking you like it, you know, I mean I dig it for sure. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw you coming on my Okay, yeah, he's my man's stressing for the occasion.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I did, But.
Speaker 1: You're not that clean cut dude that we just saw in that nice little suit and tie.
Speaker 5: And Bob Quinton literally I mean about six months after he drafted me He's like, you're not the same guy drafted. Oh really, He's like, you like to have way too much fun. I was like, yeah, well, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong. I like to laugh. I like to have fun, like that's my thing. But I mean, not many people.
Speaker 1: You like to enjoy it, enjoy your time around the boys. Man, you're not he inspired me, just thrown on the shade. He inspired me, the Gucci shades.
Speaker 3: Yeah so why yeah, yeah, so why are you such a fan of Gucci.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't I just remember, like I was a rookie, me and uh me and my boy Trent Taylor. You hear that, the rookie package. Oh yeah, the rookie pack, and I bought I bought those Gucci slides, the Gucci slides. Dude, so fat didn't even think twice about the weird me and Trent Taylor. OTAs no OTA is also greatest thing ever. Like, oh yeah, Monday through Thursday. You're there like eight to twelve in phase one and phase two. It's the easiest thing ever. Like Friday, Saturday, Sunday. So we go to Vegas on a Thursday, no connections, know nothing, and the first thing we did get there out there, like, let's go to Gucci because there's one like connected to the hotel bought the about the slides, Trent Bottle Wallet, didn't even think twice about it. It was awesome. I lost the slides. But yeah, I was gonna ask be honest with the slides. Are they comfortable? You have to break them in for like a month? Okay, that's right, So they're not everything they're hyped up to be. They're just slides. May also make you like an inch and a half taller, so like some people might need that.
Speaker 3: Hey, I like my I know, I like, I don't know where I was going next.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, pull it up, Alex. What do we have next?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hey, I do like how you had tight end university on there.
Speaker 3: The boy Alex came correct.
Speaker 5: I don't like the question mark though. We need to put a period on that. Just tight end university. Yeah, there it is, that's perfect. I like that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get comments from angry people at Notre Dame in Miami sent you guys are idiots? Bring it.
Speaker 4: I'll just deactivate my Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like, hey, do you ever do you ever search your name on Twitter after you straight.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I think I did when I was at my rookie year and then I had to stop after my first game.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're like, hey, I just saw a little game. Search your name on Twitter. Everybody just roasting you, and you're like, god, yeah, yeah ten texts, You're like, hell yeah, man, hope you don't.
Speaker 3: It's the same shit I just saw.
Speaker 2: No, but there's some games you get down with. You're like, I'm just not going to open my phone today. Yeah, I get it. You have a text from your aunt Vienna. Thanks and Vienna. I know I tried my best out there. I really appreciate it. Did you have fun? I did. I did.
Speaker 3: That's all that mattered.
Speaker 2: We got our asses kicked. But I had an absolute blast. Dude.
Speaker 1: I had a teammate he was like, do whatever. I feel like I play bad. I just go on Twitter and punish myself and just type my name in and I just read every He's like, I just read every comment just to punish myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was Spencer.
Speaker 1: Long. Shout out Spencer. Long, shout out Spencer. But that shit's funny, man, I knew. Like, so we're laughing about it. But social media is actually like a thing. You know. Obviously you you battle the comments and shit like that, but I knew I had gotten too far in social media. It was we were playing The Cowboys and I've told the story along a while back, and it was on Thanksgiving, I missed two tackles in a row on Ezekiel Elliott and I was literally on the sideline wondering. Yeah, I was literally on the sidelight wondering what people were saying on Twitter. And in that same moment of me sitting there, I was like, I've let social media get to me way too much.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And that was like two thousand doesn't whatever.
Speaker 1: But since then, it's like the last couple of years, you're just like you gotta let it ride.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's just like it's just like ad is what it is. Yeah, it just is what it is.
Speaker 1: At this point, like everybody's out there, they're gonna chirp you, like, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I guys ever had experiences like that.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of block people on my Twitter from my second year, Like first game we played Minnesota and I dropped the touchdown. It was just an like just awkwardly didn't like, didn't judge it correctly, and I looked at my Twitter and it was just brutal. I just got crucified. It was tough, and I was like, you know what block block block block block block.
Speaker 3: Block, so you you utilize the block button.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I did. And then like I don't really anymore, Like I don't, I don't, I don't search or going to death like I used to.
Speaker 3: You get on their post and just yeah I tried to.
Speaker 2: And then I have all these people like DM me men Instagram, Hey did you block me on Twitter? Like I don't know why? And I was like, probably from that one game that you were a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure there's a reason why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably one.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the worst when people are like, say something a year ago and then they text you and then they suck you off.
Speaker 2: That one's still sitting. I still see it. Yeah, yeah, told me to go die. Yeah. One of my favorites was when we got Richard Sherman because he was a sea seahawk for so long. Niners fans destroyed this dude and they're his Instagram and Twitter dms, and I would see all the time, all these niners people saying hey, sure, mum blocked me. I love you, You're my biggest fan, and I'm talking I'm like hundreds of people would be tweeting it. Then that him all the time? Really he must it was really fun. What's it like playing with Sherham? He seems like an awesome dude? Awesome I had not when we like first like got him, I was like, wow, because all in my head I'm thinking like the scene Boom, yeah, Legion of Boom or like I mean, because he's I mean, he's very smart and like very well spoken, and he says what he wants to say it. I was like, I don't know what I'm gonna get. Met him in the locker room. One of the kindest people I've ever been around. He's a he's genuine. You learn, you learn something new from him every time you talk to him too. Yeah, he's really good at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very like articulate so well.
Speaker 2: Every time he talks, he is a point to what he's talking about. Yeah, I'll just ramble. Me and TJ will just sit there and say stupid things at each other for thirty minutes way too often and not learn shit from each other, just bust each other's balls. But it's a good vibe and that's what matters. But yeah, no, every time you talk to Sherman's a great vibe and you learn a lot.
Speaker 3: He's his own agent, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Have you ever asked him about that?
Speaker 2: No? I don't. I don't want to even unpack that bag. Yeah, I'm just like, you know what, I love my guy. He did a great job for me. I don't everyone want to try to who's your guy? Give him a plug? Oh? Jack Beck though, man, hey you did a great Jack. Hey, you want to know a fun fact? That guy after my after my second year, I went to the Pro Bowl and he said, hey, if you just do what you've been doing, Yeah, if you just do what you're doing, I'll get you paid seventy five million dollars. Oh and I signed a seventy five million dollar contract. Is that sick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go down on paper.
Speaker 4: And said, that's my goal for you, that's what I want to get you.
Speaker 2: And he did it. It is dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, I mean you did it too, but well yeah no, but like just the fact that he fucking did it, Yeah, he did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought that was sick. Uh did you.
Speaker 1: What year is this for you? Going into your five? Going into your five and you have you been? Have you been a Pro Bowl ever since year two.
Speaker 2: Two and three? And then I then this yearself's hurt, right right? I was enough for voting tough t J.
Speaker 3: That is tough man. That's because you're injured.
Speaker 2: Dough Nah, t J deserved it. That boy deserved it. I love that.
Speaker 1: Does that fire you up? Yeah, dude, it's a big deal. You got on Pro Bowl as a second year player.
Speaker 2: You know that TJ's first game he had one hundred was it one hundred and fifty yards and two touchdowns in your first game other NFL? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk No, it was it was like one hundred and twenty something yards, go ahead, one hundred and twenty one and touchdown one hundred and twenty one. But then then this one hundred and twenty seven, I had seven yards and one catch, and I was like, after the first game, I was like, God, damn, this is this is Oh, this is the NFL.
Speaker 4: NFL is stupid easy. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: You know? And then I that's a cliff seven yards nothing super yeah. Yeah, and I broke my ankle. I was like, oh my gosh, I need to get out of here. Yeah yeah, yea, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Humbles quick, dude, Tell George and I what it's like being drafted as a first rounder eighth overall?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that like?
Speaker 3: What is that like? Like going on stage hugging Goodell but fake hugging it? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was going into it. You knew you were going to be like top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they they told me. I mean I had a couple of calls the night before saying.
Speaker 1: Neil told me about you all the time. Neil talked about you all the time. Neil's the best plugs right here. Yeah, hey, shout out Neil. Shout Neil Sports. That's another is.
Speaker 3: Doing big things with these one year minimums.
Speaker 2: Baby, I see you. No, But yeah, I mean it was cool. It was It was a lot of fun. I mean, so the funny part about Goodell, right is what we were. I'm not gonna get I'm not gonna get fined Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's the funny thing of Goodell? You're not gonna get fined up.
Speaker 2: We'll beep it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll beep it out the first.
Speaker 2: No, we were there for a week because you had to be right, and you're not gonna not work out for a week, right, So sitting there, I'm sorry, I'm done. I love it, but.
Speaker 5: You well, I went down to the to the weight room, the hotel weight room, and Goodell was there every morning working out, and so like we actually kind of semi got a little close, you know, And when we were on stage, he was like, Hey, you're gonna ball out, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, so you guys are boys.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, I know I know what the press thinks about this boy, but I haven't talked to him since.
Speaker 2: So I think we're I think I think I'm number no. So yeah, I think I think we're good. Yeah, I think we're good. I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: Like you think you're safe, you think and then comes up like it's somethings gonna come across his desk and you're gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm safe.
Speaker 1: Okay. I wish we all had that security. Yeah, that first round privilege. So I think I'm good. I think this is great too, because I feel like we're seeing TJ come out of the show a little bit like you see him trying to force himself up out of it, Like is this safe? Like?
Speaker 2: Am I in a.
Speaker 3: Safe space right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Alex will manipulated. However he wants to the NFL. Dude, that thing is stupid easy.
Speaker 2: So that's just the clip.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: That's so funny getting roasted. What are you doing selling or buying?
Speaker 1: It's not selling. He's gotta you know, got a project or two on the market. Humble brag. There's a humble brag. Our next read is brought to you by Georgia Boot. Proud sponsors are a Busting with the Boys the world's most comfortable boot. I was just saying it before I started the satur read. I'm actually a huge fan of Georgia Boot because I have a couple pairs. Georgia Boot is America's hardest that sounds fake, sounds fake. This episode of Busting with the Boys is also brought to you by Georgia Boot, the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia Boot is America's hardest working boots and for over eighty years, Georgie's been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, cool, enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you'll never want to take them off. The boys like looking good and even when we're working, these boots work just as hard as we do. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style. It has the comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around. Whether you need a waterproof boot, steel toe, soft toe, square toe guard, non puncture shank, non slip soul, the boys got it all. Head over to Georgia Boot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off.
Speaker 2: What else tight end Talk.
Speaker 1: This seems like a segment for you, George, Yes, this seems like as you know, as the co host.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, he's in Nashville, Bobby t Get Yeah Saturday. Really?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, I told him they dusted us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He told me that you came up to them after the game. He said you gotta come on the podcast with I love come on the bus. And he actually sent me that today. Oh really, And He's like, I can't wait to go on, and I said, as long as I get to sit in the back and watch, I'm I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 1: I guys, if Taylor's not here, you might be right there. You know what I'm saying. That's just some great vibes. We'll get TJ sitting next to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll sit there. I won't talk, just get content. Yeah, just TJ's back. Hey, guys, Yeah, he he had a stud year, great year.
Speaker 1: He didn't make a he was a he was kind of a snub. Right, what do you got? Yes, Oh that's what you want to do. Yeah, go ahead, do your bit and nothing again.
Speaker 2: Like everyone that makes the Pro Bowl good, Like congratulations, you deserved it from the season that you had, obviously, like people voted you in. I'm just upset that Rob didn't make it because he had eleven touchdowns when voting was going on. He's led to lead the tight ends in touchdowns and he had six hundred yards. He doesn't make the Pro Bowl? Who got? Who was?
Speaker 3: Who was the Pro Bowl tight ends? From the NFC? You and who else?
Speaker 2: Evan had a great year too, And like I'm not so so so, Robbie t who you swapping Robbie t had ten touch eleven touchdowns and the weight that touchdowns carry in the NFL, like I had tough to score. How many tuggies did you have? Seven? Yeah? Yeah, I know my tight ends. I keep one.
Speaker 1: Oh so he made the Pro Bowl off one touchdown. Yeah, so that's who you're switching. And it's nothing like I love editing him. I think he's a great tight end. Yeah, I just pro booing. It's tough.
Speaker 3: Voting is stuff. That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: It's good that you're in early Yeah, as it is.
Speaker 2: It's fans name recognition, and you gotta like what we were talking about.
Speaker 4: You got to promote the ship out of yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's tough too because guys struggle self sucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: It is tough.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to do that.
Speaker 5: But you know how hard it is to put a put a highlight reel of yourself on like Twitter or Instagram, Like I don't like, I wouldn't wear that.
Speaker 1: I Taylor made a funny one with Garrett of all my special teams clips of the last game where I'm just running down on kickoff and they would be like touchbacks, so like stop and jog back to the sideline would just be like a a c DC in the background just playing the highlight tape.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, dude, I know it is tough to like self suck and self promote and do all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But it's just a weird part of the gig. You know, you should read.
Speaker 2: Do you read?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't read? No, no, no, I I autumn. Okay, that's listen, Yeah, I listen. I mean when we we're in Detroit, it's a twenty minute drive to the SOD there and back.
Speaker 2: Actually back is like an hour because it's traffic. So that's able. Yeah, you have to. That's where you listen to Busting. Yeah, that's where you get Busting. Subscribe rate five stars are on all podcast platforms. Were also on YouTube Busting with the Boys. Go check us out on subscribe subscribe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. There you go.
Speaker 1: But it's like a good book to read, and it's probably on audible. But athletes are brands too. I think you read that, you listen to it, I think you'll get out of your own head because a lot of it is just our own little insecurities of like you know I'm doing it now.
Speaker 2: It is. It is a really good read. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big reader. I read all one and eighty pages in one day. I've never read a book like that. It's easy read too. Athletes the brand to athletes are brands.
Speaker 4: To send me that, George, what I'm on right now, alter ego effect.
Speaker 1: I've never I would love it. It sounds like I would love it, sounds like something i'd be into. Do you know, Brian? Do you know of that one? Brian is who I go to for my books, because Brian's a savage Brian, you're savage, dude.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian. With the Northwestern, which is another Big ten school, it's better than Nebraska. I will give it to Northwestern. They were the hardest, the hardest game of the year every time, and you thought it was gonna be a blowout every time. For us. There's no where, there's nowhere tougher to play than Northwestern Stadium on a Saturday morning at eleven am. It's kind of cloudy, a little bit of sun out, and it's nobody. No one's there, and all you hear in the background every time any completion, not just first downs or defensive stops. Every time they get positive yardage, the Wildcat sound goes off the background every positive play that they have. So if their defense, if like our offense has a two yard game, our offense is a two yard game, they play that sound. Their offense has a one yard game, they play that sound. It's insane. Yeah, is insane. It sucks when you're there.
Speaker 5: But the worst is the entire week at Iowa they have it playing in the locker room, in our practice locker room.
Speaker 2: Just that, just the wildcat throwing off every every five seconds. You hear it, not like too loud, Like you can't. You couldn't have a conversation with someone sitting acrossrom you. That's how loud they blaw it. It's insane.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy too because usually had no twestern. You're still at a home game, Yeah, one hundred percent we are, except for the COVID here. No.
Speaker 2: Hawkeye fans travel incredibly well. They love their Hawkeye football, dude. Nebraska fans are way better than Hawkeye fans. Oh, don't even go there.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, like y'all have you guys can have the football right now.
Speaker 3: But Nebraska fans are better than Iowa Hawkeye fans.
Speaker 2: Dude, well, there's nothing better than walking in Nebraska on game day and you have to like as a visiting team out of you. Never have you ever walked through the visiting locker room. Nope, you get off on the buses. The first thing you have the buses is that crazy dude in the full shoulder pads and the skull mask with the black shirts staring there on the railing, just like shaking it, leaning back and forth. That's the first thing you see. Yep, yeah, fifty one probably it was. It is, yeah, okay, and uh then you go you walk in and there's like every ten feet, every ten yards there's a new door you have to walk through, and there's just a nice old person. Hey, good luck today. Be great out there today. Don't don't beat up our guys too bad. Good luck today. You're just like dude, you pass like fifteen of them. I swear.
Speaker 3: When you get to the lock it's it's a mind fuck.
Speaker 2: It's like I get has the pink locker room. They have the nice old people that try to calm you down a little bit. Wow.
Speaker 1: It's all telling you and then afterwards whether you win or lose there, you congratulate you.
Speaker 2: They're nice. Yeah. I never lost there, so I've always enjoyed my time. They were super nice. Me.
Speaker 1: We're in different areas, you know what I mean. The I'm the old guy, so I never lost to Iowa. Yeah, but again, we've already hashed this out. You guys have a great program. Guys did yeah when you were When you were there, it went downhill after you left. We'll just say that it is tough.
Speaker 2: Man. I can't wait to have all these Nebraska people in my DMS, Like I am so excited. I'm not. I'm actually sorry, Come at me, leave TJ alone. I'm forty.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Let's talk about your rookie year. Yeah, highs and lows.
Speaker 5: Obviously the high was the first game, went down from there and then from there it was tough. But you honestly, I learned a lot, Like I learned a lot about my rookie year. I mean, just about the league, about how cut throat it is, about how you know everybody's on their own.
Speaker 2: I got hurt what.
Speaker 5: Week twelve, I think, and it was like you're away from the team, like you're so weird.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, like non existent? Did you're non existent? No one?
Speaker 5: No one talks to you, like I don't know if I can say that, but no one talks to you like nobody, I mean, no one associated with you. And it's just like all right, now I have to work my way back into it, you know. Yeah, I mean that's everywhere you know exactly it is. But it was just like it's really the league to you. Yeah, it is different.
Speaker 2: I got hurt COVID year, so like six weeks and like when we moved to Arizona for six weeks too. We had to change our like what we did for practice, So you'd have to watch all your meetings in your hotel room on your iPad, and then when practice started, you'd have well walk through practice started, you go downstairs, grab your clothes from the like a like a whatever, like a dining room type of thing, and you would bring them back up to your room to change, and you'd go down and get on the golf cart and then you'd ride it over to practice and then you'd get off and you'd go up your room, change, drop your dirty clothes off downstairs, and you go back to your room. So like I'm hurt during that whole time too, So like the only person I could interact with is while wearing a mask and a face shield is the one trainer I'm allowed to work with throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, cause you guys had to relocate, like because of California, I guess right?
Speaker 2: Or was it the area the Glendale forty nine ers, baby, the Glendale forty nine ers?
Speaker 3: Was it at least nice in Arizona?
Speaker 2: The weather was nice? And I will say, like, what one thing I enjoyed was I was able to an airbnb like fifteen minutes away and it had a pool, and my whole family could come down and stay with me. So I enjoyed myself. I live in a two bedroom apartment in California. That's super small. Yeah, and I paid like two thousand dollars less for a four bedroom house and a pool.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bro, California is different, super tough, different, super tough.
Speaker 2: Go. I visited for a week and I think my bank account went half Yeah bro, Yeah, if you play there, you your pay your past ups waight there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean when I was there in Oakland, I'm paying three thousand a month and in an extended stay, like a, it's insane and it was a shitty extended stay.
Speaker 5: He told me my last year at Iowa that he was making less than some dude in like New York Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, Ike Bucker shout out like Bucker, your savage plays guard for them. But he was making more as a rookie than I was in my second year and just and I was like, that doesn't make any sense in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: After after that, it was like, oh, man, give me that.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's crazy and it's different because Tennessee, you know, super nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no state, no state tax.
Speaker 2: It was. That was kind of a that was part of the reason I moved here. Yeah, the boys are nice, but that here's the fans here too, right, Yeah, whole fan moved down from Iowa. It's been awesome. Man, Dude, has your dad? Dude? Actually, Bruce is in Santa Fe, New Mexico right now, just hanging out. God. I love Bruce man, trust me, he wants to come back. I told him. I told him I was coming on. He said, tell the boys. I say, what's up.
Speaker 1: God, that fires me up, dude. I'm a big Bruce guy, big Bruce guy.
Speaker 2: Fun Bruce story. So a couple of weeks ago, you guys had most underrated guest on the podcast, and someone tweeted out that Bruce was a great underrarated guest. And so he comes in the room and say, hey, George, I got voted the most underrated guests on Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 2: I was like, really, that's cool, and I go to search and it's just it's like one guy without a profile picture. Bruce Kettle was.
Speaker 1: A great guess and I was like, you know what, Dad, damn straight, it's a small wins man.
Speaker 2: It's a win man. I love it. You deserve that.
Speaker 3: But I was sorry, TJ, We're no that. I hate that.
Speaker 1: This is our pod and we keep we keep taking the focus off the guests. Yeah, more TJ stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm an open book.
Speaker 3: So did you go in i R after week twelve of your rookie year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I went on IR and you were done for the year?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I was done for the year.
Speaker 5: And that was the worst too, is because I was on a scooter the entire time, like I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Anyone's ever been on a scooter, but or if.
Speaker 5: You guys have a home. But it is the worst. I think I felt three times.
Speaker 3: Like really, oh dude, I'm not gonna lie. I had a great time.
Speaker 2: With my scooter.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, bro, when I was at Nebraska.
Speaker 1: I was at Nebraska, so we had a lot of like, you know, we're basically there on the first floor.
Speaker 3: It's not a whole lot. You got, dude, just go in the other are But other than.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, yeah, my boy who also had broke his legs shout out on Fisher. We would just race around, you know what I mean, Like, we had a great time with the scooters. Honestly, Oh it sucks. I hate that you had experience. I tried to have a good time. I try to let my dog pull me a couple of times, you know. But it's also Detroit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: After week twelve, so there was ice on the ground and I was like, all right, we're going to a little too fast.
Speaker 2: I stopped that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it like living and breathing the Detroit air?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I like Detroit. I mean I do like the city of Detroit. Like the people, the fans there are awesome, Like they're they're die hards. They gotta be right, I mean, especially the last few years. You know that you've got to be a die hard to be a Lions fan. But I I mean my last you know, in last two years. We're obviously tough, just not going and doing anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it's a lot different than Iowa. And because you're from a small town in Iowa and you go to I mean, Iowa City is like it's a college town. Like when there's no college students, the town is cutting to a quarter of the size. Yeah. And then you go to Detroit, which is a pretty big city. Yeah. Man, So like it's definitely different, but like it grows on you. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 5: I mean and everyone, I mean everyone when you walk to a restaurant or you're out a restaurant or doing whatever. Obviously this year because of COVID you couldn't but you have people being like, oh, yeah, you know, good good job, you know, and you're just like, we haven't won, but thank thank you, you know, like I appreciate yeah, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I love you guys. You know, So that that is the cool part about Detroit.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: You're doing fucking great, by the way, You're doing fucking awesome. This is going to be something that you can now put on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to take a good pic.
Speaker 2: We gotta take a good pick. After Friday, teacher goes, I need to pick the post.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I loved it though, I loved it though, I'm all about.
Speaker 4: Got to I got to TJ.
Speaker 2: TJ is a content guy. Now, I love it. We gotta get him. We're aware. I usually don't follow through because I still don't think I'm posted a pic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dropping the chat, Yeah to put it up, please repost.
Speaker 2: I subscribe your subscriber.
Speaker 1: Matt Stafford talk about him leaving the Lions, the whole trade. How about look with his relationship with him, Yeah, you're playing. I was gonna say playing for him, playing with him, that for him.
Speaker 2: He's a dog.
Speaker 5: He is probably the best dude, the best player I've ever been around. Period, Like period, I mean the dude did some crazy stuff in practice, Like my rookie year, my first year, I was on I was on the outside and I ran an en route, you know at the two yards yeah, and two yards inside the end zone.
Speaker 4: Marvin Jones over.
Speaker 5: Here, dig U George Man, but he's looking at Marvin Jose the entire time. Dude, and I come around and I'm a rookie, right, so I've never seen this. He no look passing me, and I'm like, I double caught it, you know, yeah, I got my feet down and everything. I'm like, oh my god. I mean I looked at him.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, you know, look me. He's like, yeah, I saw it. Caught you off guard. I was like, yeah, but he is a hell of a player.
Speaker 4: Oh dude.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I said, he would do anything for his dudes too, Like I mean the stuff that he did in practice, he I mean and in the game, I mean he was.
Speaker 2: He looked against us. Yeah, that was thredded the needle. Bro Like, no look, it's a no look. But it's not just no look. It's like on a line. Yeah, on a line between a linebacker this way, a linebacker this way, and then a safety this way, and it just goes. That was sick.
Speaker 5: He would break the huddle and he would start changing stuff like I mean, like he would talk to me on the line.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a.
Speaker 4: Couple of mess but.
Speaker 5: Apologize to him. I did apologize to him. Oh there was one I can't remember who we were playing, but we were playing. It was like I was I had a basic route. I ran the basic and he told me to do a corner and I caught the basic. He threw it to me and he came to me and he's like, are.
Speaker 2: You kidding me?
Speaker 4: He's like, did you see did you hear me say a corner? And I was like, oh no.
Speaker 5: I was like I still was open, right, and he's like, yeah, but no, I mean he is one of the best players.
Speaker 2: Was.
Speaker 1: And what's what's funny too, is like the next week you're getting coached up by the coaches and the guys are getting coached up and you're I just sit back watching film like sure, like.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Shout out to new Dog too. Yeah, I mean this dude would play through I mean like one of the yeah is that you? Yeah, that's me, I said, I sat I think I actually fell on this play high key yep.
Speaker 1: Oh, distraction distraction works, it works. Yeah, talk about his uh, just the grit in playing through injury, because he seemed like he played through absolutely everything.
Speaker 5: Everything, I mean, nothing could go wrong where it was like all right, he's out, you know, I mean, like there you and you always looked over your shoulder like, oh, he's coming back. You know, like if he did get checked out by a trainer or something, he would tell him to leave, you know, like he's one of those guys that he does like again for the boy, I mean, like for all of us. He was like for they all, y'all do all this during the week, y'all do everything I ask of you, And I'm gonna go out there and do everything that I can for you guys. And everybody on our team respected that guy, like everybody loved him and that like he will forever put a stamp on my career and in the city of Detroit, like he's I mean, he was, like I said, one of the best players, the best player.
Speaker 2: Right after he got traded, he did like a million dollar donation to like the city of Detroit and like a children saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was awesome. I mean, dude, he loves the city of Detroit.
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can correct me I'm wrong, but I'm almost one hundred percent sure. He flew all his his wife, I mean Kelly, all the way back to Detroit while they were still in LA. They have all of their kids born in Detroit, like all of their kids are born in Detroit because they love the city of Detroit's sick.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get to like pick his brain like one on one and being a pro or just any tips like being a young guy, and obviously you have somebody like Matt Stafford in there. Did you ever get to have a conversations where you kind of tried to get advice?
Speaker 3: Advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just Georgie, a little piece of advice, give us a little snid bit, you give us a little a little I mean, he loved when you got to the spot as fast you could. Like, he loved that because he could he could put it where you wanted to, you know what I mean. So he I would do some stuff and I try to wiggle with the line or do something, you know, and he'd be like, dude, just get there, you know. And I'm like, okay, I got you, like I do that, you know. I was like, I'm sorry, I tried to do too much, you know, so sorry for trying. But then again, like he would never yell at you.
Speaker 5: He would always just like be like, hey, here's a here's a little thing, and you just take it, you know. And and that's why I loved him so much. I mean, like I said, he was, he was the best player I've ever played with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I still love it.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 3: The best player I've ever played was played two years.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: No, I man, is it.
Speaker 3: Tough not being not being a winner yet Detroit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a tough knowing mass Ouf left because couldn't get a ring in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Geez, that's a deep question. No, I mean, I got it. I got it. Uh hot, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: You know, do you like when he got traded? Do you sitting like you're watching like?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean I texted him. I was like, dang, dude, you know I love you.
Speaker 5: I know you're gonna go win somewhere like I know you are, Like, that's just the type of duty.
Speaker 3: I feel like everyone's rooting for him to win too.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: I mean there's not a guy in our locker room that's not rooting for that guy to get a ring.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. I mean all of us loved him.
Speaker 2: He's in my division now, so I hope he doesn't yeah much respect, but I hope he don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, are you fired up about Jared. I mean, it's gotta be it's gotta be cool knowing you've got a good young quarterback in Jared that's coming to Detroit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I'm super excited and and honestly, I've talked to Jared a couple of times, and those two have the same like demeanor, you know, just cool guys, like we'll give you pieces of advice, but they'll never like yell at you unless you go too long, you know what I mean, Like, unless.
Speaker 4: You do something really wrong, you know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean Jared, I'm super excited to play with him. He's going to be I've seen he seems like he's for the boys. Yeah, oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. He seems like he's got a personality. I've seen him on some I think he goes on some barstool stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, outside of football, you know what I'm saying, he seems like a good dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, at least what I've heard and what I've gotten to know. I mean, I'm I'm excited to have him on our team.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: I mean, me being at in the city, I mean, I'm I'm excited to get this thing turned around and get this thing going. And and I think everybody in that facility and all the new coaches and and everyone is you know, super fired up to get this thing started.
Speaker 2: Speaking of new coaches, your coach had a fantastic opening interview, the best, right caps. I think I got I gotta wear jeans around here. You do good a lot on my knees.
Speaker 3: I was wondering why he was trying to buy everyboy's knees when.
Speaker 2: Were lifting push ups, going after my knees and my achilles.
Speaker 5: Oh, we played them this year too, So I'm jerseys forward to that. Told that everyone heard that it's better see the fund co If the COVID procols don't let us do it on the field, I'm still doing it on the field.
Speaker 2: I'm in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, TJ City pay.
Speaker 1: My fine for Hey, he's first round. He can afford it. You know what I'm saying, that's turn, that's that's that's turned. He's a fifth rounder. Dude, Man, you gotta respect your elders. Now, you know what I'm saying. You're the first, you were a first round.
Speaker 2: Yeh, dude, Tej makes me feel real old he's like twenty three, twenty three as a second year guy.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven?
Speaker 3: I mean you know what, like, are you Brian thirty two?
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty two?
Speaker 3: On thirty one?
Speaker 2: Bro? It is thirty one, thirty one? Bro, you are old? I know you know what messes me up? Though?
Speaker 4: No, I I guess that I'm older than thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm older than Eric Armstead, who's been in the league I think three years longer than me. He's twenty he just turned twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Done. That's up to when you come across guys who are like same years as you, but they're like three years younger because they got into the league sooner than you did. You're like, oh, I'm a five year old was twenty three? Like like yeah, fucking Brian, what didn't get in the league until twenty six? Talking Arena ball Canadian CF, Yes, sir, that's like.
Speaker 6: The Neil Hunter got in at twenty years old, Yeah, twenty one.
Speaker 2: But like like.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: Vikings, Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 6: Most sacks Riddy under twenty five.
Speaker 1: So young those dudes get to play through like three contracts. You know what I'm saying, dude?
Speaker 2: Nick Bosas twenty two right now, I think, and he's gonna sign up probably two hundred million dollar contract, yeah, probably, and then he'll sign another one at the age of like thirty.
Speaker 3: I mean, what you come in the league of what twenty one?
Speaker 1: I guess now, yeah, yeah, he's got multiples ahead of him. He's got multiples ahead of him. You know, stay healthy, that's I got. So yeah, next twenty three exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh what what I mean?
Speaker 1: Have you gotten to be addressed or talked to the Dan Campbell coach Campbell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I actually went up there a couple of weeks ago and we sat down and we talked, and honestly, after talking to him and like having that conversation.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I said, I'm super stoked about this year.
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, that guy is super down to earth, like loves the game, like wants to win. I mean, he played in Detroit, so that's awesome. He he just loves being there. Like he's super fired up about getting this thing going.
Speaker 2: I know, I saw a quote that he said, like I know, the kneecap thing got everyone's attention, but like one of the things he said at the end was like he wants good vibes like he's there, he wants to be friends with the players, and he wants good energy throughout the building. I was like, that's a very forward way of thanking, and it's a healthy way to think, Like when you're going into a football facility, that's not like, hey, like you want good energy. We want people to like enjoy being there, because that makes in my opinion, I think it's easier to win when people are enjoying.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: It's a kid's game, Like, yeah, we've all been in some tough environments.
Speaker 3: I mean being on losing teams. We've all been on losing teams.
Speaker 2: Like it's shitty dude coming in on Monday, dude and watching film and you lost three in a row and didn't play as.
Speaker 1: Whole tight when they're kind of reviewing the film as a team at that point when you've lost.
Speaker 4: Those games, he was like, please don't pull me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems like, uh, he's been putting together like a like a young like player style staff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the tight end coach that is still there.
Speaker 5: So he was there last year and Ben is probably I mean I love that guy, Like he taught me a lot my first year, I didn't. I mean, I learned a lot about the league, but I didn't learn a whole lot about football. And that dude taught me a ton of this last year about just defenses and and how to how to run routes. And he was he was a wide receivers coach down in Florida in Miami, so he brought that kind of style. We did a bunch of footwork during the during the season, like getting our stuff right and coming in and out of breaks and everything. And I mean, I can't say how much that helped me.
Speaker 3: You know, didn't coach Campbell whatdn't he a tight ends coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he played ten coach of the Saints. Yeah, so we might we might have to bring that to you know, tight end tam. I don't know how you say that in the league, But what is that tight end team? I don't know, Oh, you're claiming tight end team, like and you you know, you're saying Detroit's tight end you basically exactly Well you heard it here on busting with the Boys. I mean, is there another Is there another head coach in the league?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean twelve tugs.
Speaker 2: You can't now, you can't you know what I'm saying. You can't say he wasn't a tight end.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, shout out rape Tier three of the of the pod, Tier three of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah he watches he uh he's a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah this week at the camera a little harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Hey, Ray you're a fan on subscribers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what else we got? This is interesting. I feel like this first one all of them actually are Oh wait, before we get in, Well, what was it like playing the boys the Titans?
Speaker 5: Oh? So, Moni Hooker is a safety and he guarded me for.
Speaker 3: There's at We had a up Iowa guys, Desmond.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Desmond's on there too, but yep, and I loved going against that. I mean, like cause in Iowa, I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous all the time, like going against somebody because he was our best safety at Iowa, you know, so coming to the league and the seeing that, you know, I mean he's balling out too, he's playing well. Yeah, so I mean it's always nice to see Iowa guys and y'all.
Speaker 4: But did you lock you up? I mean, now there you go.
Speaker 5: But I love him, I love Money, I love you I hope you know that.
Speaker 4: But I did get a nice first down, right, you know what.
Speaker 1: Was it like? Knowing in the second quarter, I want to say when I took the game over, that's that's debatable. It's debatable. We was on goal line and the boys made a play. Yeah, yeah, no it was and you had to witness it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I think you were in the shot. I think you were in the frame.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've never fumbled a ball in my entire life, and the one that they handed off to me.
Speaker 4: Because I got a jet sweep. Oh, I had a jet sweep.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 4: The first one ever it didn't work out?
Speaker 2: Did you fumble? I did that? Was that because of you? No?
Speaker 1: No? No? So this was like a running back like iso little jumpitch. I found some vert.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The athletes are jumping. The athletes were jumping, and I kind of came in late face right on the ball. You know what, I'm very very premeditated, and.
Speaker 2: You're waiting for him to come down a little bit so you could have a better ytory going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, look at these idiots jumping too early, premeditated, You're waiting and you're hiding. Put the face on the ball. You know, made the play. But you know he was Madkon was mad. He wanted me to publicly come out and say that. He calls the phone because he's like, you're gonna go take because of bus with the boys and this and that. Do you know exactly where they know? Exactly where? You guys watch this clip? Oh okay, it was about to say. I was like, have you guys, you guys have this pulled up? Was in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. I made up second quarter.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I went to make it seem like it was pivotal, you know what I'm saying. It changed the whole landscape of the cam.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the vibes aren't pivotal.
Speaker 4: Thank you game right now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, they have thirty I thought it was a twenty. Well yeah that's thirty nine. Oh man.
Speaker 3: So I was fired up about that. Obviously. I got in one play one fumble recovery. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. And I remember you posting about that, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so you guys, you guys get a safety after that, Like the turnover didn't even work.
Speaker 3: Out in our favor.
Speaker 1: They got a safety and then they scored the next drive, so we had to punt it to him after the safety and then they score, and I'm kind.
Speaker 3: Of sitting there like, damn, I shouldn't have made that play.
Speaker 2: I messed up. I was selfish. Yeah, yeah, it's good. You guys are winning by No, he just bailed, Alex bailed. Oh here we go?
Speaker 3: Is this it?
Speaker 2: Third goal?
Speaker 1: Second quarter, four minutes left, fumble recovery. Dude, I was so like, we were celebrating so heart I was so out of breath, Dude.
Speaker 3: Celebrating is tiring. Celebrating is tiring.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: When you're up and you're just for the boys celebrating, you like cramp up. I almost cramped up. I was celebrating so hard.
Speaker 4: Did you run all the way down to get in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I random midfield. I did the too sweet with you know, the fellow wool fellow boy Darren Bates. Everybody's grabbing you. You're just fired up, you know what I'm saying. How about I love being grabbed by guys, dude.
Speaker 4: How about Jesse James hopping on that right there?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: I almost went I almost took that thing ninety nine.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Watch this boop. So I I'm like, oh I'm on the ball. Oh, no one's touched me yet. Fortunately, who's eight three?
Speaker 2: Yeah Jesse James. That dude was always around the ball no matter what.
Speaker 1: Fortunately he was there because I was about to go. I was about to be ninety nine to the house.
Speaker 2: No, there was a couple of That's a great highlight that I would have paid money to watch you run, like I really would have.
Speaker 1: To see if you would have gotten howked like if I would have gotten up and gotten to go, Like if you would have had like a ten yard let's just say you got ten yards out, Like are you scoring?
Speaker 3: I'm scoring.
Speaker 2: I think what I think. I think your guys would have blocked really well for you.
Speaker 3: I think I do believe like everyone was selling out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Will's has a ball. This is that we need this one.
Speaker 1: And if I feel I'm getting a hawked right, I will try and pitch the ball. I'll try and make a different kind of play. And where the coaches are freaking out, cussing you out, what are you doing making a play? We're trying to school coach. We're trying to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh all.
Speaker 3: Right, current current event.
Speaker 2: Topics, current events? What was the current event topic you remember from like elementary school? Didn't you have to do that stuff? Current events? And like social that was just.
Speaker 3: Current events and social studies.
Speaker 1: No, we tried learning like dude, history and okay, if it was me, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Where did you go to? Where'd you go to school? Elementary school?
Speaker 2: I went to. I didn't go to a I went to a new elementary school every year until sixth grade. I moved around so much.
Speaker 1: They got them boys doing current events. I was playing Oregon Trail. Dude, that's such a licking you know what I'm saying. Did you ever die of this?
Speaker 2: Harry did?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I died a lot. I died a lot, but it was a very fun game. You always took risks of me.
Speaker 2: You'd have like twelve people on the wagon, let's cross, let's cross the river that's going way too fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I never wanted anybody to like die and then ultimately we all die type of thing.
Speaker 3: JJ watt, Hey it's Taylor. Where do you think he's going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The boy had a phenomenal post that was good Adam Sandler. Which movie is it from? Which Adam Sandler movie? I hate that I'm butchering it back to school. It's like, I'm stupid, you're smart, I was wrong, you're right, all that stuff that's not happy when he goes back to school, I'm ugly, you're Yeah, he's talking to the teacher, right, I'm sorry, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's funny too that we are now wanting to uh get JJ, Like Taylor has that post and he's he's been on the pod before and we've chirped JJ, and now.
Speaker 2: Is that JJ straight and Taylor ignored it?
Speaker 1: Probably that's what it looks like. That's what it seems right there. That's tof Taylor. But we're straight back pedaling.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I changed my opinion of openly hating JJ Watt. No one cares about my opinion because okay, but I felt I had to say this publicly. January fifth, twenty twenty one. Maybe he saw it coming, Brian, you're gonna see him soon.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 1: Just make sure he sees you know. So he said he knows, but I'm sure he does. We'd love to have him on JJ. Hey if you're listening, man, I'm sure you might be a Tier three fan out there. We'd love to have you own the bus.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can make it happen. You can co host, you know, we can all you know, we can figure it all out.
Speaker 3: But we love that. We'd love to have him as a Titan. And what's funny about that is I'm not even a fucking Titan, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: No, you are for another fifteen days, right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for another fifteen days. Then we hit the we then we hit the open market. Boys, yes, then we see what the money is talking about.
Speaker 4: Droyd.
Speaker 2: There we go, remove bus up to this right there we go, Hey, there we go.
Speaker 1: Let's see Russell Wilson. I didn't really even understood what happened. Yeah, what happened on that There was like a rumor. It's almost like he's saying he didn't ask for a trade, but if they wanted to trade him because he has a no trade clause.
Speaker 3: He said, these are the teams he'd be willing to go to.
Speaker 1: H NFL Draft season is upon us. It's possible that you might have Trevor Lawrence's haircut in your pants.
Speaker 3: That's why our partners.
Speaker 1: At Manscape, the leaders in below the Waist Grooming have partnered with the Boys to make sure you don't gamble on shaving your balls the same way you like to gamble on football. For all my draft geeks out there, we have an exclusive twenty percent off promo code busting at manscape dot com. Guys, it's talked about a lot. We are normalizing the way we talk about shaving our balls in the locker room all the time. The boys are always asking, hey, yo, when's the last time you shaft your balls. That's where Taylor and I we step in and talk about how we have this incredible deal at manscaped. You can get the perfect package three point zero. I'm gonna read a few more hair. I'm gonna read a few more things, but first I'm trying to tell my funny story. But we always talk about our perfect package three point Oh, and you get that lawnmower three point zero that covers you on knicks blood. Any little incidents that goes on the lawnmower three point zero has got your damn back.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Will your favorite team go defensive back in the first round? Not sure, but I am sure that with the Lawnmower three point zher you can get your d back.
Speaker 3: I like that shit. I like that shit.
Speaker 1: Because of their ceramic blade and skin safe technology, your knicks and snags will be reduced. This is the perfect protection needed for your franchise quarter balls. Yes, dude, I want you to look good in the mirror. Do you see any nose or ear hairs dangling? Look fellas? Seventy nine percent of partners pulled admitted that long nose hair is a major turn off. The weed Whacker, nose and ear hair trimmer is your solution. Why not use the best tools for your job there that are performing. Package comes with new and improved lawnmower three point zero, weed whacker, nose and ear hair trimmer, performance boxer, briefs, and a travel bag for you to use when we're done quarantining, and some other liquid formulations like the Crop Preserver and Crop Reviver. The Crop Preserver is an anti chafing ball deodorant which ensure it ensures that your afternoon stroll doesn't end with your ball sticking to your leg or smelling like eggs.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: The Crop Reviver is a spray on toner for your balls. The sweet soothing, a low allo and which Hazel extracts that will give your testes a nice little boost. For a limited time, subscribers get not one but two free gifts, the Shed travel bag a thirty nine dollars value and the patented high performance anti chaffing Manscape Boxer briefs get twenty percent off and free shipping with a code bustin at manscape dot com. Twenty percent off and free shipping with code bustin at manscape dot com. It's time you turn that team in your pants around with manscaped.
Speaker 2: So he never he never demanded a trade, but he's said he wanted to go to Yeah. Interesting, Okay, let shoot your shot. I guess I don't know. Put it out there, BLOSSI.
Speaker 3: Why do you hope it happens because he leads your division?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay with that too, bloss he's a huge.
Speaker 3: Forty nine ers fan.
Speaker 1: I asked Bloss before the pot, I says this the is this gonna be our first sexual encounter on the bus.
Speaker 2: There's probably that would be the first. This place just screams sex with who knows what happened? Who knows what happened? When we found this?
Speaker 7: When oh oh, what is busting?
Speaker 2: Now we're busting with the boy when these cameras.
Speaker 1: Duy and he's got a Howard Stern vibes. You know what I'm saying. So all we got this and couch here what an electric first appearance on dude? Yes, electric, This is awesome. That's the opener. That's the teaser of the episode. Yeah, you got or that or the league was easy? That was Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Jervis, I don't know, I don't know, Like I'm not I'm not up to date.
Speaker 3: I'm not up to date recently. I'm not as up to date.
Speaker 1: What do you what did you guys opinion on Deshaun Watson, the whole Deshaun Watson situation, He's basically he's I mean, he's got a lot of leverage.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and then like the last thing I saw were like he talked to the new head coach. He was like, yeah, I'm not playing in Houston. Yeah that was kind of cool. Good for him, I mean, because what I mean, I don't know what, I have no info, no inside information whatsoever. But I always stand behind the player. Oh for sure, I think for the boys. Yeah, definitely for the boys. So I think he's, Uh, it would be definitely interesting what shakes out here next. Yeah, I know a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people are mad too, but very rarely are you in a position where a player has like like this and you want to see that, you want what's best for the player, because the boys usually aren't in a position like this. Not Usually the team's got all the leverage on you, and you guys know the deal, you guys know the business.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Like, how does he have pull right now?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why is that the situation? Well, they can't cut him, right, can't do.
Speaker 1: That, and he has no trade clause in his contract, so he gets to choose where he would play.
Speaker 3: And also he's like, you know, threatening not to play.
Speaker 2: And I think he has the funds to support that if he decided not to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that correct, Brian?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 3: I know you you might follow all the text and stuff more than we do.
Speaker 6: Like does have leverage from that aspect. But and then now they're taking away his guys, so obviously.
Speaker 2: They got your mic. Finally, Brian, finally put they traded everybody, right, I mean, I don't mean DeAndre Hopkins was a second round draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is like absolutely upsurd. That's what he went for it. He went for David Johnson second round draft pick, and was it. There's some other sugar on top.
Speaker 2: No, that was it. But then nothing against David Johnson too. He's a hell of a player. You and I's finest baby. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But again, like so, now you have a Deshaun situation where today, literally just an hour ago, they released Nick Martin, who's I think, in all like a Pro Bowl caliber center.
Speaker 2: He's a center. Yeah, center, that's the future. Yeah whatever.
Speaker 6: His brother's name is Zach's brother, stud player, But like he's been, he's the anchor. He is the guy that holds the whole line together. And now you have a guy that's not like his guy on the old line. Deshaun's like it's it's they're like the.
Speaker 3: Dude, And didn't they just cut Duke Johnson?
Speaker 2: Maybe I didn't see that. I think they just released assistant GM for the Texans man.
Speaker 1: Texas cut Duke Johnson. The Texas traded the Texas gave up a third round pick to get Duke Johnson. They didn't they cut him, dude.
Speaker 3: It seems like that. It seems like a little burning ship over there.
Speaker 6: Dude, it's interesting man like, Like I mean, it's kind of you get the guys where like they're trying to get out maybe OB's guy, Bill O'Brien's guys, and they want their own own guys. I don't know if that they have that type of power because of the contracts. But Nick had another year, like two years on his contract. He just re up two years ago. What the hell?
Speaker 1: And dude, how about being the new head coach that goes into a situation like that.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: I think your first job, your star quarterback's gone. They're not retaining JJ.
Speaker 3: Watt didn't They didn't center the other day.
Speaker 2: So Will Fuller is going to be a free agent unrestricted free agent. Yeah really yeah, they didn't And didn't they trade all their picks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they traded all their picks for guys that they're now cutting.
Speaker 6: No, that was all first that was for Stills or not Stills Tunslough, who's an anchor.
Speaker 4: He's a great part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a stuff stuff, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's I don't know, it's it's definitely chaos. I think that was part of like maybe JJ not coming back to They don't have draft capital.
Speaker 2: They don't have all this stuff events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're talking about you're talking about Brian. Yeah yeah, he's our current event.
Speaker 6: Should have had to bring in articles from the newspapers my social studies class.
Speaker 7: Wow there you God, I had your back.
Speaker 2: I had to bring the newspaper articles all the time, Like okay, I like twice a month.
Speaker 1: I grew up in small town Missouri, so there's you don't hear about current events.
Speaker 4: And to like, I like you later I thought you were from Nebraska. I like you so much more.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 2: Why is that Missouri used to go down there to buy fireworks all the time. Hey, that's the move, dude, Nebraska. You go down to the border. Oh yeah, you gotta go to Missouri. That's the best, like Iowa. Like line between Iowa Missouri. Fireworks are like three feet on the other side of the line. And it's just the biggest stand. We have so many fireworks stands in Missouri. It's the best.
Speaker 1: We got lake in the Ozarks and we got Fourth of July such a blast and we sell out.
Speaker 2: Missouri is a cool place.
Speaker 4: How much were you sweating coming across back across the border?
Speaker 2: Kid? Because it was illegal on that you're not supposed to have that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same for Nebraska or like you couldn't shoot them over like a two story house or some shit like that.
Speaker 3: But you can go and get you go and get the works.
Speaker 2: Can you talk a little bit about before we.
Speaker 1: Before we go, talk about these seventy five acres and what it means to the boys A little crew you got going on?
Speaker 3: Because I do want to highlight Brian and I were talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's dope that you had bought seventy five acres and you're building this barn for the.
Speaker 3: Boys basically like when we were Uh.
Speaker 1: And when I say for the boys, I'm obviously yeah, yeah, yeah, we talk about being all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking and they got a little crew.
Speaker 2: We do. You got a little crew.
Speaker 1: And everybody's like, oh, we're only in the spot for another week or two and then we're going out to the barn. But talk about the camaraderie and building the barn and like what what went into that?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, the barn's there, and my dreams since like I've really been playing football is just to have my own facility, Like I always just wanted that and now that I have like the means to do. So this place came out on the market and we saw the bar and we're like, hey, I could turn that into a gym. Talked about a little bit and then I kind of started rolling with it, and and uh, really for me, it's I Like, I love training with the guys. I really do, because the camaraderie, it's like it is in football season, like you're with the guys that you play with. I'm lucky enough to have like five teammates from the Niners that live in Nashville, so I can train with them all the time. But I'm all about good vibes. You know, I trained last year in twenty twenty by myself for three months, like every day. Yeah, and that sucked. That is not fun. Like you gotta from pushing yourself to energizing yourself to basically feeding off yourself every single day. That's not fun. So being able to hang out with the guys. And you know, I got I got five or six tight ends I gotta train with every single day. I got another Pro Bowl tight end next man I got to play with. Yeah, it's nice with gotta run routes with and it's just to have all those guys be able to come out to my property and work out there, you know, grow there and become better players there makes me really excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, Uh, it was definitely good vibes lifting today.
Speaker 4: Oh that's all. It isn't that.
Speaker 3: You guys got a nice crew.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It got you, it has you in a good like mental headspace.
Speaker 4: Well we got we got offensive lineman who keep you humble.
Speaker 2: You guys have breakfast club. We have breakfast club, We have breack. We had a fantastic chef, Dave, chef you know, chef Dave. He's a monster chef Dave. Yeah, well you know we'll tag him obviously, shout outs.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We got a little breakfast brunch that we always hit at our boys house. Heason. If he's not here in Dermott's gotten in La. We're still love. Yeah, he's in love. Supposedly in love. Congratulations, Connor. Can't wait to hear stories. Going to come back way for two. We'll figure it out. But then we go down. You know, we left. We have a group that we have office linemen, we have tight ends, and we got my guy Trent Taylor, wide receiver. You know, just throw it in the mix and uh and it's fun too because we have that group and then there's another NFL group that trains that and we all do our speed work together, so then there's kind of an interchange there as well.
Speaker 1: That's sick, man. It is pretty like obviously it's been a big investment. You see a lot of It's like superstars and guys talk about how they spend well into the six figures of their body.
Speaker 3: It seems like you do the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's not really a price that I won't pay to try to do everything I can to stay healthy or at the top of my game.
Speaker 3: How about you you taking taking tips from the boy?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean there's a reason I'm down here right now, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean last year I was in Iowa training by myself, went out to l A to throw a staff. Came back and George like come down, come, you know, And I was like, all right, all right, you know, I'll come. And then I loved it down here, so I ended up. Now I'm buying the place. So I mean, now I'm here here.
Speaker 2: We got wet like tighten you is now tight in Nashville, like we got we got guys here that.
Speaker 4: I like that better Detroit one that that.
Speaker 1: Was he Let's just do we have anything else?
Speaker 3: Alex boys?
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys coming on bustling with boys. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there anything I haven't brought up? Is there any locker room talk that we need we need to touch on?
Speaker 2: I think the boys just seem to get drunk. You're trying to throw it back like that. I don't know when I know they they whoa look back at it? Will I will look back at it. Yeah, It's just I told you the vibes in here just insane.
Speaker 3: I know, I know anything we missed? Oh we need to get drunk.
Speaker 2: Always his answer, bud Light exactly, get a fridge full of it. Are you a bud Light athlete? I am sponsored by bud Light. Oh, shameless plug ahead, the total shameless plug.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The coolest thing about like that is that and my my Halo sponsorship is like the coolest thing ever because I'd played like over a month of hours on that game.
Speaker 3: Did you are a big Halo guy? I know you got a test Halo.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but I so Halo. But bud Light is lyric? Hey, can I get some beer. Yeah, sure, A palette ten by ten boxes just shows up at my house. It's like, can I get a bud light fridge? Yeah? Sure, I have a bud light fridge in my house. Really, it's so sick. Oh that's a nice little deal. Oh are you a bud light athlete working on I don't have a marketing guy. You're like a post.
Speaker 1: You can probably get in with like Stags, Milwaukee's Best or Cores or something like that.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of Iowa guys that are from Iowa to playing, like Brandon Sheriff and my guy, the big Sheriff guy, Big love. Brandon Sheriff's a monster. But they just get bush lights and to him all the time, which is also pretty sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a he's a big bush light guy. I call him big Pig those it looks like a big hog dude. He's a fucking he's Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's watching that dude hand clean, Like was it four hundred pounds? I was like, and I think I was like a freshman or sophomore at that point. I weighed like two hundred and ten pounds. Watching that man hand clean four hundred plus pounds. It was insane.
Speaker 1: He's about to get broke off too. Yeah, he's up, he's a free agent. He's so maybe gets the brink truck. Nice little Brandon, San Francisco's Sonny. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see you there. And that's how we'll end it. Thanks for tuning in the Busting with the Boys. You can subscribe to the YouTube channel Busting with the Boys. You can also find us on any podcast platform Apple, Spotify, where your podcast subscribe rate five stars.
Speaker 3: Got a shitload of merch.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, we love you, continue to be a fucking wolf and as always, the biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's very nice solo send off. Yeah yeah, yeah, so much for that. Yeah, let's go get.
Speaker 1: John and love and support Bust with the Boys. Go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us, leave a review, rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts and again we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Busting with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal, But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever,