Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson. We are going to get started now with part two of Spring.
Speaker 2: Then we go back to therapy.
Speaker 3: And I thought this was very mean of Emily to call Luke her roommate.
Speaker 4: But she is she wrong? Is she wrong?
Speaker 1: He's not wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: She makes a really good point.
Speaker 4: Oh, you guys, they're totally like no, And I don't see that at all. And this is coming from somebody that's watching it for the first time. I'm in. I'm watching these movies right now being like Luke and Laurla they're not in a good spot.
Speaker 3: Oh, that continues to be addressed. But I don't think they're really mates.
Speaker 4: I kind of do. I don't think she's wrong.
Speaker 2: All right, fair, fair, fair.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me from two thousand and seven to twenty and sixteen, in nine years, these two the idyllic couple are not married.
Speaker 4: How How there's also no passion between them. There's no chemistry or passion, there's nothing history.
Speaker 2: In winter they were like there was some chemistry.
Speaker 1: I thought there are no children, there's no there are no rings, not.
Speaker 4: Like the last episode of the series where they kiss after the graduates.
Speaker 2: Say, You're like, there's the fireworks.
Speaker 4: There it is and coming to the movie so far, I haven't How does.
Speaker 1: The fire that burns that bright for that long not produce children? Happiness?
Speaker 2: Okay, purpose some people.
Speaker 3: Some people don't want children.
Speaker 1: I know that, but this is Gilmore girls. This is like the iconic children.
Speaker 3: I actually don't find it problematic that they don't actually try.
Speaker 1: The fans are so pissed off. It's because of this. It's because somebody is trying to be too clever and too cute and messing around with characters that shouldn't be messed around with. There are certain things that are iconic that are created that somebody just did too much to or not given them enough. And this we're staring at her right in the face.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you that they have kind of painted Lorelai and Luke in a sort of way. But it's not because they don't have children, and it's also not because they haven't gotten married both of those things.
Speaker 1: Amy, I'm not attacking people that have wonderful relationships, full loving relationships.
Speaker 3: You are upset that Luke and Lorelai are not married. I'm not upset by I'm did Luke dirty? Yes, I really do. I think that they did not make Luke what he should have been. But I don't care that they're not married. I'm I think it's kind of interesting that they're not married, that they're together.
Speaker 1: So, in terms of storytelling, explain the last nine years, what happened to their relationship. It's not addressed at all in this and now Laurel is addressing it, like, like, what's the story behind it?
Speaker 2: Fair?
Speaker 4: I will say that, like I don't care that they're not married or that they don't have I actually don't. I like that they didn't have another kid. I like that they each have their own kid, and Luke feels that Rory is his own.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: What I don't love is that, like I wish that they were not married, they have another kid, but they're living their life together and I just don't feel that life between them. Does that make sense? Like there's nothing that's happened for them since the series ended.
Speaker 1: Because Emily's right, Sorry, nobody's made a commitment, nobody's been an adult, there's no.
Speaker 3: Adduce I disagree in Winter when when Luke says, I did pretty good.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I got terrible.
Speaker 2: That was amazing.
Speaker 1: You're citing that as an example of a great scene. Yes, he did pretty good. He's giving up on his passion, he's giving up on his.
Speaker 2: What is giving up on?
Speaker 3: He's not giving up on anything he wants this life.
Speaker 2: Why are you so disappointed that Luke's just satisfied.
Speaker 3: Look, I do think they did the character dirty.
Speaker 2: I do. I thought the in vitro stuff was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that he goes in the car and goes looking.
Speaker 2: At the real estate is crazy.
Speaker 3: But I don't think Luke should be disappointed himself that he's happy to be a small town guy.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I'll say. I think that scene where he was like, I think I did pretty good. I love that scene. But it was also prefaced by yeah, we didn't have kids, Yeah I didn't do this, Yeah I didn't do that. But I think I did pretty good. Right, So it shows him settling quite frankly, it does. But I did love them where he's so happy with what he's got and where he's at. I do enjoy that, but I do think that where we are now, however, many years later, and in this spring episode where you feel that there's a big disconnect between Luke and Laurli and that they're both kind of won't want wah mm hmm. And I think that's what you're picking up, Scott, that they that there there should have been so much more with them, and right now there's nothing there. I mean nothing is a strong word, but there's no spice, there's no chemistry, there's no look future ambitions, there's no goals as a couple, like they're just taking, like you know, just taking.
Speaker 3: When do you have to get to stop having goals and just sit on a rocking chair?
Speaker 1: Not on a TV show if you want people to watch it in life, it's okay on TV. You need a story to move it forward. These people haven't grown and fact, they've slid back, which is why she's exiting. And this is the story you really want to tell about these two people and do this to a fan.
Speaker 3: I agree that the movies are lackluster. I'm not defending that they aren't.
Speaker 1: Kind of Okay, we're taught, we're look, we're not doing macro stuff anymore. We're right here we're in the weeds. We're micro analyzing this. We're now we're pointing to specific issues, Okay, specific issues, characterizations, writing, why why did this happen? I'm now a fan of this show. I'm a little better educated now because I've seen the app I've seen it once. Okay, so now I'm like hooked and I'm just like the fans. Now I want to see it again. Okay, and this episode is kicking my ass.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people agree with you.
Speaker 1: But I also have more skin in the game because I helped make this I helped create this character. Okay. So for those of you out there listening to this, who are who find this hard to listen to imagine put yourself in my shoes all the time and effort that it took me to get to a position to get an offer, to be in a show this good, and to play a character that's special. To watch what's happening to him now is hard.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's like watching you know, you know you've built a taj mahal. Now they're making condos out of it that you would be horrified, It would kill you to watch it. That is what I am experiencing right now. So these are the killer that I'm.
Speaker 3: Asking completely corrected in.
Speaker 1: The last nine years. What happened in the last nine years. Why are these people at this place? Why is their relationship sort of settled and kind of may so.
Speaker 4: I have a question for you kids on this note.
Speaker 1: Did you think it's a fairly important relationship in the show? Yeah? It is. Why aren't they dealing?
Speaker 4: So with this being said, did they tell you before the movie started where they are at, like as as an actor, where they like Luke and Laura are here.
Speaker 2: This is how we're acting.
Speaker 1: Not really, it's not really, not really, Scott.
Speaker 3: We do understand because Danielle and I create shows. Also imagine if we like we create shows and we give our guidance right to people that don't listen to us, and then the shows hit the bucket, right, and we're like, hey, you probably should have listened to us. So I understand that you know this character just like we know our shows, right, And you go to whoever you go to and say, you know, Luke's gonna know about what IVF is, and Luke's not going to jump in the car with Emily and go look at a bunch of real estate for a diner expansion he doesn't want, and they don't listen to you. We so get how frustrating that we so get it. Now as a fan, do I think these movies are terribly flawed? But I also think I'm so happy to have them, and I also think there is some good in them, right, And I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that.
Speaker 3: Look you get you're the character is now fifty, Lorealize like forty.
Speaker 2: I'm just gett you know, close, forty two whatever she is, I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: I don't watch it Louralize forty seven, forty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because thirty thirty two.
Speaker 1: She's thirty two year two old.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, okay, you're right. Sorry, So forty, Luke's about what fifty something?
Speaker 2: She's forty.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty, and let me tell you, I'm starting to have less and less goals of expansion and more and more wanting to sit on my rock and porch, go to a movie, stick my feet in the hot tub. So I understand that for me, just for me, I'm only saying myself, I don't think Luke and Lorlai have failed.
Speaker 2: Yes, are they a little bit like seven year itchy? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Maybe but like they're best friends, their companions. They are romantic. We know they sleep together all the things. So I'm not like this is a couple in distress, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think I think they just don't want to give these main characters a happy ending. They want to you know, Lane and Zach got a happy ending. Children, uh, Suki and Jackson happy ending, children, marriage, the whole thing. They did a big wedding for everybody, you know, at least they did weddings for them. I guess we should be happy that's somebody, but right, I mean.
Speaker 2: But you always think they're happy.
Speaker 1: Rory's a mess, Laurel is a mess, Emily's a mess, Luke's a mess. Everybody's a mess.
Speaker 2: Look's not a mess. Luke's just ya. He's not a mess. He is not He's he's just a little.
Speaker 1: Around without a pair, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, he's a little that. But Luke's not unhappy. This is the difference. Lorla yes, is dealing with some unhappiness. I'm sure some because of Rory, some because her relationship is sort of blase, her challenges with her mother, Luke. If you walked up to Luke in these movies and said, are you happy, he'd be like, I'm really happy. He's not unhappy, Yes he is, Oh, I disagree. Is really happy. He's got he's got a great kid who's at mit. He's got another kid, Rory. He's got the woman of his dreams. He's got the diner. His sister's in a cult, but that's okay. He's got money. Luke is happy because Luke is a simple guy who likes he doesn't want to leave Stars Hollow.
Speaker 2: He's very happy there.
Speaker 3: Like no one's going like, why isn't Gypsy franchised her? You know, shop like because these people are happy and Stars Hollow And to me, that's the message of this show. One core message is we don't have to go to the big slit. It's like, hey, we're here in this little town and we love our fairs and we love our little movie theater that shows old movies and made up movies by Kirk, and I bring my hot dogs in there, like I find happiness.
Speaker 1: That I agree with you. And I think that's a very very, very very good point that you have just made. That the main character Stars Hollow forces this. This is the reality of Star so that's all well and good. I'm just saying from an aspirational point of view what I wanted to see, and this how I wanted to see this relationship with Laura Lai. Yeah, and my character and her character grow over those I get that nine years because I think that provides far more interesting material it provides thematically. On this the tone of the show, I think that it. I just think that stagnation and negativity and how Daniel Daniel described it perfectly should never be a part of this show. I agree with that because that's not the show. That's not the spirit of it.
Speaker 3: So in your mouth, but I think you see Luke as the guy that's going to be the best husband, the best partner, the best you know, businessman in starsall you do see Luke as aspirational. I don't think he needs to franchise to be aspirational. I agree with you in the sense that like Loreli is not going to be bored with Luke, Loreli is not going to be questioning her relationship with Luke because.
Speaker 2: Luke is too good for that.
Speaker 3: And that is where I think you actually are frustrated that you're seeing And again, I don't want to put words in your mouth. But you're seeing Emily kind of emasculate Luke, which she always has and always will. Fine, but I think that Laura would be.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to allow it to happen.
Speaker 2: I think he's just polite about it. I don't even know if he question polite.
Speaker 1: How is that polite? He's just dumb. Now he doesn't even know how how to defend himself.
Speaker 3: He's dumb and something disappointed that Laurai that Luke isn't LOURAI will be like, I have the best relationship in town. No, we're not roommates, we are soulmates.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? Like, it's not about the ring.
Speaker 3: Or the children, it's about that their relationship is a little.
Speaker 2: And that doesn't track.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. And now how do you think it makes a fan bield fan base feel that now she's getting in therapy at the end of this episode, you know she's getting She's going to have a single one on one session and she's going to talk about how she's not happy in her relationship with Luke.
Speaker 2: I think it's disappointing.
Speaker 1: What can I still do for lauralized character? Now they're deconstruct hook.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, because.
Speaker 1: Let's dismantle this love.
Speaker 3: Some people find it relatable. So I don't think it's where I would see Luke and Laurlai. But many many fifty year old women who've been with their person for ten years or more or a little less, feel the same way. I don't think ultimately, and again we're jumping ahead. I don't think ultimately Laurai was questioning her relationship. She was questioning who she is and herself, and so many fifty year old women are going through that. And so I'm sure and I don't know how old Amy is, but she's probably a little bit older than me, so maybe when she wrote this, she was right in that same place. So it does track like I am so kind of in that space too.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it's wrecking Laura Lai.
Speaker 3: I think she's just exploring and looktly, there are things that I think are dumb I do, and these.
Speaker 2: Movies are a little bit could have been better, right, But I think that Hemp was there. I think that is it is women.
Speaker 3: In their fifties, late forties, fifties are doing so much of what Loralai is doing, trying to work out.
Speaker 1: Their their kids, the whole thing. I guess this is really just now it's about exploring.
Speaker 5: Her journey.
Speaker 2: I would say, apart.
Speaker 1: From any other character, this is really about Lorelei's journey through life. Here we are, she's forty eight. This is going to be her experience. These four episodes are going to take us through her experience.
Speaker 2: It's my argument for the whole series too.
Speaker 3: I think at its core, ultimate right, yes, it was Gilmore Girls, and Rory and Emily play huge part in that, but I have always felt the show and these films are always at their center about LORAAI.
Speaker 1: You're proven correct because the one thing that I do remember feeling really strange about, right was and I filmed it and I remember it is that you know, the the elopement. Okay, I thought that was very odd because I was, well, we'll get to it, but that's I won't go into detail. But the way that was shot and what I was told to do after the wedding, coming down the stairs and getting out of the shot, and I was like, oh, we'll talk about that. I thought I was in a different show. I think that's.
Speaker 3: Correct because I think ultimately, look and I've always felt this way because I'm fifty now, so I'm very close in age to the age they are. When I watched it the first time, I was very close to age to lowerly then. So I have always just felt like her and so yes with flaws, and I've always the show was People always like it's about the relationship between the two of them, and I've just know, I've always felt this show was really Laura Laie.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's why she had the number one by her name. Alexis number two, correct, exactly, It's not anybody else's show.
Speaker 3: At that end of this episode, which I know we've still got a few more scenes to talk about, but the end of the episode, it zooms in on Lauren Laura Lai and you see in her face like.
Speaker 2: Just questioning everything.
Speaker 3: We have never acknowledged that she has empty nests in them. Yes it's been eight years, but still in a sense because of the time warp, she's dealing with empty nests syndrome. She's dealing with her relationship stuff, she's lost her father. So many people say you are one person before and you can attest to this guy because I know this is like the case for you. You are one person before your parents leave you, and you are a totally different person after, and you will never be that same person again. So this is now that character is exploring all these things.
Speaker 1: I don't, well, what happens is you've become three times as strong.
Speaker 2: Wow, let us pray for.
Speaker 1: That, because you know.
Speaker 5: That's what happens.
Speaker 3: I can like it makes me emotional because I relate to her so much, and I agree in the little things. I totally agree with you, Like they're making Luke kind of dopey, right, but at the core I see her in the therapy and it's like, Okay, that's me and probably a lot of people listening. So anyway, I digress. Let's go back to where we were at.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're going to establish characters and you could write him this way, then own it and continue to write him that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you make a good point there, because it's almost like so deep and gritty and what they're dealing with. But then we have all these kind of like silly antics like grabbing Luke and taking them to all these like diners.
Speaker 1: It's kind of yeah, right.
Speaker 3: It's it's the biggest criticism of the Sex in the City reboot is that it kind of lost some of its humor and levity, but it's almost doing what they really want to go dig.
Speaker 2: Deep into these characters. But anyway, that's a different show.
Speaker 1: So I think the only want to dig deep on here is Laurai.
Speaker 2: That's probably correct.
Speaker 1: Probably I don't want to dig deep on anybody.
Speaker 3: Else's why they make Rory such a carney, Like Rory is a clown in these movies, like because we're not digging deep into her, We're not really analyzing why is she still with Logan and cheating on everybody? Why is she floundering so much in her career? Why is she dating this Pete Paul, you know hat guy that no one can remember her name. Like, it's all just flowney, whereas with Loralai there is some sort of gritty realism. But anyway, we go back to New York and we go to Doyle's apartment and I'm sorry, Paris is walk up fifth five story, I mean, Pears is loaded, and it's kind of dumb.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: We get the bit about the nanny. I think you're like, oh, I don't like the nanny, go up all the stairs and it's just.
Speaker 4: Like we do see Doyke or like, oh, the nanny's not gonna want to come downstairs and then upstairs and then take the kids to say and then Worry's like, I'll go upstairs and take the kids to eat.
Speaker 3: And right, although I do admit that if I do I have a two story place, and if I leave something upstairs, I'm hard pressed to go get that. I'm like, oh God, and I don't like to go up there because there's no bathroom up there, and I'm always like, oh, I'm gonna have to go downstairs to.
Speaker 2: Go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: So if I had five stories and I've got upstairs and forgot my water from the kitchen, I would.
Speaker 2: Be like, just hold my mouth.
Speaker 3: So I'd hold my mouth under the sink, just like I can't. Anyway, it was good to see Doyle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm bombed. They're getting a divorce. Me too, I'm bombed. Hopefully that changes.
Speaker 2: They should stay together personally.
Speaker 3: But uh so we get that scene and then we get Rory calling Logan and we see him in bed with what we presume to be oh dead, but Lord knows with Logan.
Speaker 4: And she kind of he just answers it and just is the whole time, and she knows that he's in bed with somebody else, and she's just still yeaping in a way and rambling and doing her thing. She's like, oh, sorry, I know you got somebody there.
Speaker 3: We addressed that once again Logan has no walls, and that once again he's in a big studio, lofty flat like he never has rooms.
Speaker 2: This guy anyway, for Scott, he's exhausted. So uh, she.
Speaker 1: Asked me, I've come to the realization that this is just this is Laura LA's journey and I have nothing left to say, so enjoy yourselves.
Speaker 2: Please, you must chime in. So she stcham to put the good.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful feeling realizing that you're just planked.
Speaker 4: And I do feel like if we're talking about character, just completely shut down. Rory asking Mitcham for the good word, I was like.
Speaker 2: It is just so bad.
Speaker 1: It's hard to watch. It was painful to watch.
Speaker 2: It's a mess in these we think if we feel.
Speaker 4: Like Luke got his, you know what taking away from him, like Rory has everything taken away from hers.
Speaker 6: She has like gone down, down goes Frasier, down goes Frasier, yeah, man, and.
Speaker 3: We go to it.
Speaker 1: Bodies were hitting the canvas all all episode.
Speaker 2: We go to Conde asked and.
Speaker 3: They have She has this meeting with these two guys and the lines story is just.
Speaker 1: Oh bad, like does life messing with Rory? Just fancy number one in their class at Yale and you pissed it all away and we're just going to toy with you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: That's a waste of a meeting. And then we go to.
Speaker 3: Therapy and this is where we realize Emily is not coming, but Laura lia is going to stay. And we hear a very sad story of Richard's passing. So that was upsetting, but you know, she needed to kind of talk about it. And then we learn a little bit why she isn't married and if she's happy. Then we get to the scene that's just so stupid where Emily just storms into the diner and suddenly Luke's in the car going to all these diners and it's just kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And there, yeah, and then we you know, we see the diners.
Speaker 3: Then we're in the car with the realtor and Luke's and the on there, you know, talking over each other, and we're going to do this, We're gonna let's make an offer on this.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we should do the second one. Oh, this one, it's just.
Speaker 1: Well, it's again using the character of Luke to inject this poison into the relationship of Luke and Laurel. I because what did Luke learn in that car ride was that Laurel Eye lied to him?
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, that's the red herring, right ooh, okay.
Speaker 1: So that's going to be the you know, the seed, that the seed of discontent.
Speaker 2: So that is you know rough.
Speaker 3: Then we're back at Paris's house and and Rory gets the call from the lawyer with Naomi, and that is just again done.
Speaker 1: It was like, okay, did you see her in the background chomping on searsticks. I finally laughed. I was laughing. I just I rewound the scene a couple of times. There she's in the background, lurking.
Speaker 5: Tell her, tell her to the notes.
Speaker 2: To right right, it's a it's a.
Speaker 1: It's a house whatever I mean she does see. That's drunken and kind of unhinged. That's how it's done. And it's entertaining and it's fun and it's funny and it's energetic, and it's just magnetic. I I love her. I think she's just so good.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: But my whole thing is so now they're not even writing this book and she's like firing Rory.
Speaker 2: So this whole thing has been a waste.
Speaker 1: Who wants to be in business?
Speaker 3: I don't know who to blame.
Speaker 1: Everybody's dumping on. Why shouldn't Naomi?
Speaker 3: Sure, but Naomi is totally nuts. So now I've had this whole thing. Now not in this instance is just now worse off.
Speaker 2: She just has nothing's ever.
Speaker 1: You know, she's she's bad. Laurie's like, I mean, Rory's like bad luck. At this point, everybody's dumping her. If she was a stock, everybody'd be selling, you.
Speaker 2: Know, literally all right, So I mean it's just so.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 1: To find drive the sword right through the heart of the character, I slept with a Wookie and I was like, all right, so where it.
Speaker 2: Didn't yet but that's coming.
Speaker 3: And the almost the next scene practically.
Speaker 2: No I know, I.
Speaker 3: Feel calls Lorelai come to New York. She's gonna do this story on spec whatever. Now we've got the most boring story of all time, which I obviously think was intentional the story about lines. So we've got the and somehow Lorli keeps getting everything that she doesn't need to wait in line, Like suddenly she's got the dessert, she's got the sneakers. I'm just like, this is so awful, falls asleep while interviewing the guy terrible. Then there's a line that's just for nothing. It's just three guys eating their salads.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just And this is where we get to see my real life wife christ Wait, there is she she's in. She's in the scene where Laurli comes up and talks says you have mother, and she goes, you have mother? You have mother and three kids, And then my wife says something like, well did she shed a line? I forgot the line? I wrote it down, but I can't.
Speaker 2: Find waitness she's not in the scene with May Whitman. Is she okay?
Speaker 3: So this is where we see May Whitman too, which there is a very wink wink there because Rli kind of chases after May Whitman for a second and gives her like a crona or whatever the new crona is. And the wink for people that don't know, is that May Whitman is was Laura Lai's character's daughter on Parenthood, so it's like her other daughter about to May Whitman, who I think also just had a baby. But anyway, so that's kind of what that is. So I think Christine's in that scene. I'm gonna have to rewatch.
Speaker 1: It, do you. She's the one with the dark hair and the tan coat leather.
Speaker 2: And did she do it because you were doing this?
Speaker 5: Oh wait?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh wait there she or did she?
Speaker 1: They just offered it to her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cute. Oh there she is.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she's so so cute.
Speaker 2: She's just like her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, he's fairy Like.
Speaker 2: I don't love that hat on Lorelei.
Speaker 3: In this scene, it's sort of that like, what do you call that a newsboy cap?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I do enjoy the fashion, which we can talk about later. Okay, So then we have the boring line story, but we do have the beautiful May Whitman and Christine and uh then she comes back to the hotel and she very quickly reveals she slept with a wookie, which I was like, ew.
Speaker 4: Saw that to your mom, like right fresh after hooking up with the Wookie. You're gonna walk in and be like I hooked up with the Wookie.
Speaker 1: I think that that was the most bizarre scene I have ever witnessed between the two of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was not good, but it does open the can of worms and she reveals about Logan, which Loralai, I agree with you. Danielle like was way too dumbfounded. Oh, like she would have known.
Speaker 4: She would have known, she would have been like, I know, I'm glad you finally told me.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Laurai says she should go to Sandy, says, So then now we have the scene.
Speaker 2: That I was like, this is so bothersome.
Speaker 3: She goes to Sandy, says, and suddenly it's like Sandy is interviewing her and doesn't even wander.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was so weird. I was like.
Speaker 3: Millennials though, or gen Z like what is this.
Speaker 4: I also think like Rory just be came Walton and being like, yeah, give me this job, which I understand based off of all I understand that, but like if somebody tells you give me an idea, you should be able to give an idea.
Speaker 1: Well, I think in that situation, no, I understood why Rory froze up because she was not. She was led down the Primrose Path only to have the rug pulled out from under her by this way.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you just say her life story, like you know, I'm right now, I'm working on this.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: She didn't because she didn't feel like she had to, because this girl was offering her the job for so long and was so desperate to have her on and build her ego up to the point.
Speaker 2: Daniel, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was completely unfair, and I thought that girl was really smarmy about it.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, you know, tell her right then and there on the phone call when Laurie, when Roy he gets in touch, say listen, you know we've reconsidered the job. We're considering somebody in house, but come on in and pitch me something. I mean, at least prepare for it.
Speaker 3: It would be like me calling Scott and going, let's do a Gilmore Girls rewatch, and then when he shows up to do the show, I'm like, so pitch me some ideas and maybe it's like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Whatever, but so like she does have ten years eight years experience now, like you're not really like, yes you are, but like if you're pursuing someone that hard, you know their work, you're offering them the job. I thought that was kind of weird, but it was kind of I thought it was a dig on sort of gen Z millennials, like how they are.
Speaker 1: I don't know, clearly Rory has not read the forty eight Laws of Power.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm happy she didn't get the job. Is it just me like I'm such a.
Speaker 2: Right When she said she wasted the good dress or whatever?
Speaker 3: This is the she talks about the dress.
Speaker 4: She was like, I needed she needed to wear a different dress for her.
Speaker 3: And then she comes into the house and says, I'm moving home, and that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: But I think the really important thing is Lorelai's face. When she said that, Lorelai was like concerned.
Speaker 2: She should be.
Speaker 4: I agree, but she I think, you know, she just went to New York with her.
Speaker 1: Daughter to this, I really really daughter hooked.
Speaker 4: Up with a wookie and is a loser and then is having an affair with her ex who is engaged, and now she has to move home because she just doesn't have anything going for her like.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to point blank ask the fans, how do you feel about this episode? Tell us chapter and verse respond on our Instagram page, and we want to know how you truly felt about this episode. I think I have an inkling of what the majority are going on to say. I just want to see the detail. I want to see why you know it disappointed you or why you thought it was an incredibly delightful journey.
Speaker 4: Well would you rate this.
Speaker 1: Me, Scott? I just a zero? Oh it's zero zero garbage cans because I think they just think they I think they trashed the show. I think they trashed these characters to a point where they're in the garbage can. And I hope, I hope the next two episodes can get them out and get them cleaned up and rehabilitate them. And I'm very curious.
Speaker 3: What is that Tyra Banks thing Daniel where she's like, I want to give it a zero, but I can't, So I give it a one.
Speaker 2: What was that? Do you remember that tire?
Speaker 4: Banks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's from Top Model. I think I don't know, you know, the one I'm trying out. Somebody will know. What do you give it.
Speaker 4: I was, I was hovering around the sixes, and I'm trying to figure out where in the.
Speaker 2: Sixth I'm about with you, I'm about with you.
Speaker 4: I think I'm landing on six point seven five.
Speaker 1: Because again, go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 4: Because again, like I you said it perfectly Amy Like these movies, I have so much to pick on, especially this one. I actually liked.
Speaker 2: Winter a lot. Yeah, Winter Spring.
Speaker 4: I'm like Spring is rubbing me the wrong way. But I still am happy I have it, you know, I'm still happy. That's how So I'm going to give it six point seventy five.
Speaker 1: Bookies, I'm gonna change my vote. I'm gonna I'm going to give it. I'm going to give it four point six five rating based on Greg Mitcham Huntsberger and nail me.
Speaker 2: Did you give it? Scott? What'd you give it?
Speaker 1: Zero points four point sixty five? Just based on Alex Kingston and Greg Henry's performance.
Speaker 4: Sixty five salary sticks there you go.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm gonna give it six point nine lines m hm.
Speaker 2: Six point nine lines m hm. And we didn't.
Speaker 3: We only got like a blip of Jackson. But whatever, six point nine And I feel like I'm being generous, really generous. I really Oh guys, Oh, my voice is shot to shot to shoot from talking so much.
Speaker 1: You did a fantastic job, Gallat and crew. A lot of a lot of talking necessary.
Speaker 2: Core crew though this was the O G crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 4: I will say San and Tara are doing a diary, their own diary episode. Get into that. Yeah, don't worry, you'll get their opinions.
Speaker 3: Zams.
Speaker 2: I read the notes. I was like, oh, the winter spring summer.
Speaker 1: Is next summer's next summer summer. All right, ladies, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't think it works.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yeah, besties, So even though we fight it out.
Speaker 1: Was that bad, did it get No?
Speaker 2: I think it's warranted.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: Everybody doesn't know that we're actually full besties like you have. It's so hilarious because they think we're like like we love each other, like you're my bestie?
Speaker 1: Like what ye like brother and sister. I thought, I feel like I grew up with Amy and Dan you know, well, Danielle was like like just born when I was leaving for college.
Speaker 2: But I just think people it's like we don't only talk.
Speaker 3: Like we we have like our text chains. That's just like a love best and you should see what I called Scott five minutes. I won't repeat it, but five minutes before we're supposed to be on. I'm like, Daniel, are gonna be a little late. We're dealing with some drama.
Speaker 2: He's all, take your time, take your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, we're good.
Speaker 3: But I like fighting it out because there's things you're saying that I agree with, Like they are doing Luke dirty and Rory worse.
Speaker 5: I think they're doing everybody dirty.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 3: Preferred Rory thriving, really thriving, maybe still having the affair with Logan, but thriving.
Speaker 1: Why can't everybody thrive? Seriously, why can't everybody just thrive?
Speaker 2: See see you in summer.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's gonna do it. Thank you, ladies, Daniel Romoamy Sugarman. We will be getting separate.
Speaker 4: Diary.
Speaker 1: He is from Tarasud and Susanne French. Much appreciated. Thanks for hanging in with us. We are climbing, climbing up the ratings chart because.
Speaker 2: You guys, everybody, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We're cop into the you know, into areas that three year old podcasts usually don't frequent, but here we are and.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go because they're gonna be like these people are nuts, they're crazy.
Speaker 1: Start anyway, best fans on the planet.
Speaker 3: I know, I keep saying it, but stay tuned because we've got no it's not gonna be over after the movies. I actually think we're coming back strong, but we'll reveal it when we get to Fall, of course, Fall Happy Gilmour season everybody too, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, and cards, keep those cards and letters coming. We love you, we need you, we miss you, and uh just remember we and I am all In.
Speaker 5: Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, and
Speaker 1: Don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.