Speaker 1: To on remove Gallin, Deep Spiegles, Peas do peas. From the Baptist Health Studio inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: He's my hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: What is up?
Speaker 1: Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, we're opening up the mailbag on this edition of the podcast, exclusively your questions from start to finish, my answers on all matters Miami Dolphins free agency, draft, off season workouts. If you guys put some stuff in there about television shows, golf or basketball or other stuff that I'm into, probably gonna answer that as well. I'm just gonna go ahead and go off the cuff though, and read these things as we go. Whatever you can think of, we're talking about it here on the podcast. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Hell Training Complex. This is the Drive Time Podcast.
Speaker 2: Mayie Jeff.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and jump right in the first name I see. Does Twitter sort these by the people that you like know the most or do you interact with the most, Because the first question I got is from longtime friend of the show, longtime friend of the person you're hearing from right now at Jason Underscore Sarny with the Anthony Weaver hire. He asks Jason, by the way, how are you doing Hope the family as well? With the Anthony Weaver hire, which player are you most interested in seeing what he can do for said player? And what a way to start this podcast off. Coming off the heels of the Friday Anthony Weaver episode, which you haven't heard yet, go back and check it out. I had the great Mark vandermiro on who just was spitting hot fire with what he thinks about the Dolphins new defensive coordinator. And then we also heard from Coach Weaver on that podcast, and I alluded to this in an answer the coach put on the or that he mentioned in his press conference on that Friday podcast, And I mean, the easy money here is Jalen Ramsey, right, But I'm gonna go somebody else in that defensive backfield and say it's Javon Holland. And I think that what coach Weaver saw this past year with the usage of Kyle Hamilton, who for my money is already the best safety in the National Football League. And by the way, This is like getting way out into the weeds, Jason, and I apologize for that positional.
Speaker 2: Value in the draft.
Speaker 1: Is has totally jumped the shark, has it not? Like Jamiir Gibbs. I think I tweeted about it last year. You could just tell, you could just it wasn't hard, right. It took a couple of reps to see this guy's different, and they took him at what was a tenth overall or eighth overall, I forget what it was even but everyone's all fire about where the Lions took Jamiir Gibbs. And look how important he was to the run towards the end of the season. Like we get so caught up in these trivial things in the sport. In my opinion, hey draft good football players and it works out right. The same thing is true with Kyle Hamilton, and I remember the lead up to the draft that year with him, with the disbate about the value of safety or the value of you know what, he's good, but you can't take him in this position of the draft. They should have taken him even higher because he changed the way that defense operates, and safeties can do that when they're not just safeties. And that's what Javon Holland is because if you go back to Javon Holland's tape at Orgon, it wasn't him ranging around in center field picking off, you know, go balls that don't They just don't happen that frequently anymore. In the National Football League, it's important to have someone cap those off in your deep cloud coverages, whether you're in a cover two, whether you're gonna cover three to cover six, different variations of having different guys take different deep valves of a passing game away.
Speaker 2: And so while.
Speaker 1: Javon Holland can do that, and he has the range of a very heady and athletic and quick trigger at center fielder, it's like Jalen Ramsey in the sense that you're pigeonholing his skill set by locking him into that role. And in Oregon, what I thought he was best at was understanding his job, the defensive structure within what his job entails, how the concept the offense calls attacks that, and his ability to make plays because of what he sees and what he processes in his mind to go make those plays like coming off of a bunch where he's got a front side crosser and he bails because he recognizes Mesh coming back from the backside and jumps into that and go get goes and gets a pick where the quarterback I guarantee you comes back to the sideline on that play and says, what the.
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 1: That? Like all my reads, all my process took me to that throw and Javon Holland's there. What the hell's Javon Holland doing here? What the hell's Brett Favra doing here? I mean, time to put the Dolphins of dumbass. But that's why Javon Holland is, in my opinion, the player that weaver. Will watch the tape which the last guy didn't watch the previous year's tape, which blows my freaking mind.
Speaker 2: Give yourself a leg up, dude.
Speaker 1: Like on the podcast, I was watching Josh rosenfilm telling you how terrible he was, Like watch players, I think, coach, we were gonna go back and watch the tape and see Javon Holland and all the different things he can do even in the game.
Speaker 2: And look the way that you're.
Speaker 1: Ended for Javon was not great, right and taking yourself out of the Buffalo game with was seventeen snaps and most of those snaps were in the slot, and he played really well in that role. I thought he felt he couldn't move the way he normally does. The way he normally does is fantastic and elite fashion. I think that his ability to match up to you know, keep your scheme fluid on a weekly basis, and that's another big kind of bomb drop that coach we were put in that press conference was kind of revealing what he envisions the structure of this defense looking like, which is some crossover with the Dolphins zone principles. And obviously this Dolphins defense was effective. They were good and kind of styming the offense with the same exact look every single play, which then disguises how you rotate in your coverage that way. And I thought for the most part, this past season for the Dolphins was one of the best in terms of you know, when you watch the broadcast and like you can't really see what's going on down the field and then like the quarterback hits the top of their drop when they have conviction they throw on time, usually it's going to be a completion. I felt like this year when we were kind of in that mystery world of being, you know, subject to what the broadcast showed us. I felt we were better equipped in coverage down the field on those situation, situations and scenarios, and it played out that way on tape as well. So I think Miami's ability though, to take that structure, take the personnel they have, which is very good. By the way, and another quick aside, Sarry, you get lots of burn time here. Man, the great Kyle Krabs had a great reply to a guy on Twitter who just loves to be miserable, right, and we know I won't give it the time of day, but like just bitching about every single little thing this team does. And Kyle went back and said, like, oh, they've got the most sacks and it fell.
Speaker 2: Over the last three years. They set the franchise record for sacks. This year.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, they allowed three point eight yards per Kerry playing usually down a hat in the box, which was sixth best in the National Football League. So to go take your gripe somewhere else, right, And that's because of the Dolphins personnel being so damn good. It's a great defense. Coaches around the legue will tell you how great this personnel is. Depth may need some work, and that's the case for every team, but when you look at the positions they might need, it's all non premium positions. Like they have the pass rushers, they have the corner, they have the matchup piece in Javon Holland, they have the Zach Seeler wolfing that about Christian Wilkins, and that's a question coming on the podcast here in a minute, but you get the sense and David Long, by the way, phenomenal football player, Like, there are pieces and I think that what coach Weaver is going to see with this is the ability to maximize their skill sets. And who better to maximize their skill set than Javon Holland in the capacity of what you can do from disguise and movement and in the box and off the football and matching up on a said player, it's it's nice to have him, and then you pay that with Ramsey. I think this defense is going to look a lot different although also similar in the way they attack things this year. And Javon Holland's my pick. I's a long, long first milbag question and answer there We're gonna have to go faster to get through all these at b one, Nick is that Beneck, I don't know what is Tua attacking this offseason. My hunch is play EXTENSI when routes are blow up the lines, scrimage. And I tend to agree with you on that, ben being. I'm sorry, man, I don't Yeah, I know it's clever wordplay, but I'm just not clever enough to figure it out. Pretty stupid person. Yeah, that's that's gotta be first, right, because and I don't feel it's not I feel it's not something that he can't physically do. I think it was more of an ingrained in his mind to play smarter and safer this year, which we you know, only eight quarterbacks played all seventeen games, and it gave us a chance even when the offense was struggling down the stretch because a year ago, going into the playoffs with a rookie, seventh string or seventh round quarterback, third stree quarterback wasn't gonna work out. So having to a healthy is paramount first and foremost. But I think we need to play a little more, almost like Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl, Like let's go make some more plays, and so I think it's there. I think the skill set is there. I always allude to that play against the Commanders when he had a free rusher in his face and was able to kind of do that little pump fake and then you know, tuck the ball in side step attack lane scrimage and throw the ball on time hot that way, or obviously the play on opening day against the Chargers to Tyreek Hill down the field there, or the one to Braxon Burials in that game moving left off the spot.
Speaker 2: It's in there.
Speaker 1: It's not the best in the league, but it is in there. I think the mental calibration of when to do it, when you can get away with it, when you can extend without opening yourself up to more risk for injury, is kind of where he has to be at. And then also, just like I would say, I kind of felt too his lack of mobility was tied to his lack of mobility, but also a waning trust in his pockets that he had, because there was instances where you could see like he kind of felt the rush, especially those last couple of games of the year. I thought that he felt the rush more than he did earlier in the season. So I guess being more confident and having a better calibrated mindset on top of just getting a little bit maybe slimmer, maybe a little bit more agile, which is all stuff that he's gonna knock out with Nick Hicks. You just know he's going to next one here from at Dolphins Fan five, what improvements do you see the Dolphins doing with the offensive line? It's a good question because I mean, we saw Austin Jackson get extended and the Connor Williams ACL injury definitely open up a unique situation there with how he will approach the offseason and his market on the open market. Tron Armstead has been very good, if not always available, and has alluded to the fact that the body sometimes hasn't cooperate with what he wanted to do, and that might invite the scenario where maybe he doesn't want to play anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know Turan, but I don't know the answer to that. I'm sure he's still kind of kicking through that what he wants to do as well. So when you think about the I guess variables that we don't really know about yet. I would expect Rob Hunt to be back I don't expect Connor Williams to be back. That's just my assumption based upon how last season played out and kind of the asking there. And then the left tackle, I think Tron will go one more year, but I really don't know. So if that's what the scenario you're playing with, where you have Austin, Robb and Tehran, that's a very good starting three to begin with, You're gonna have to fill out the other spots. And I kind of feel like I love Liam Eichenberg is like my seventh offensive lineman, Like not my swing tackle, but my swing interior guy. Maybe is a good position for him, Maybe it's Isaiah Win if you want to go back that route, but I don't. You have to, like, you have to have somebody else you feel comfortable with and capable with at that position, because he's never finished a season in his career, kind of like to Ron Armstead. So with that in mind, I think that your incumbents another year in the system will get better. But I also think you have to just get better and bigger on the interior. That's kind of my that's my main focus this offseason is getting much bigger and thicker on the interior. And there's some more questions in here that I saw. We're going to go ahead and answer more of that for you at Dolphins Fan O five. But I think that's my number one thing is getting much bigger. I'll talk about the particulars here as we go along. At Tutio Javier, I hope I got that right. I apologize, but I didn't. Who's the first player you see the team re signing. Who's the first one you see them trading or letting walk.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I think the first one, just based upon how this is my assumption, based upon what I assume to be or.
Speaker 2: My own evaluation of where things went wrong.
Speaker 1: And I talked about size on the interior, and if you're gonna go that direction, you also still want athletic ability and the ability to get out wide in those wide zones, and that's rob Hunt. And the guard market is scarce as well. So to me, this top priority there is Robert Hunt, just because of the value of I think offense over defense of someone who can play your scheme but also give you that size and physicality and a guy that's been available to you his entire career except for one stretch of games last season. So to me, it's a non premium position, right, you can probably afford to It's not going to cost you as much as a premier receiver, a premier edge, a premier corner, premier tackle. It's affordable usually, So Rob hunts my option there on the first part of the question. The second part I talked about this last you know, before the injury to Bradley Chubb, it was Andrew Van Ginkle because I thought he played himself out of our price range. But now with that volatility of what might happen there, maybe you do bring Gink back and he has his own injuries coming back off of So that was my answer just because he was too good for us, like he outplayed our ability to afford him, I thought at that time. So that would have been my first answer. But now I think it's Connor Williams because of the injury, because I think the ask is going to be still for premier center money, and I think that where the Dolphins have to get better and where they can improve their short yardage, their true passet pass protection is by getting bigger on the interior, and Connor Williams, I think is a top five or six center of the National Football League. But I think that getting bigger has to be a priority up front. So that would be my two choices there along the offensive line at it's me Nick, good morning, Travis. Do you see the Dolphins drafting up or maybe down for more picks? What's your take on that? Thanks, and have a great day. Trading up right, go ahead and assume that's what he meant by drafting up. So the thing about trades on draft day is that I always see like, oh, what I would do is trade down. It's like, I'm sure you would. I'm sure that's what every GM wants to do. But it takes two to kango oshapnet Adam Taandler. Yeah, I think I think that Acquir I would love to get back in the third and fourth round of the draft, and so like I would be intrigued by a potential move back that puts me in that same range. In twenty twenty, when the Packers came up for Jordan Love, we went back four spots and we recouped I believe a fourth round pick that year.
Speaker 2: I could see something like that in the works. I do not see us going up.
Speaker 1: I think draft picks in next couple of years is gonna be very valuable for this Dolphins franchise, and U I think it picked twenty one, Like, there's a guy that I definitely want in that spot and I would not risk losing him going back if he's there.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of part of what it is. And we'll talk about who that player.
Speaker 1: Is here in the moments. I think there's more questions about the draft coming up on the podcast. Let's go ahead and take our first break right there, come back on the other side and just continue doing this, just chopping it up Benny hannstyle with my boys talking football, male bag questions. More next on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation Segon, but number two on a Monday. Man, these these like between actually the summer podcasts when it's really dead are pre taped and it's like season preview and we're kind of getting geared up and enjoying the last part of summer break with your kids being out from school. For me, my wife works in a school, so she also has summers off, and then for me, obviously that's the one time year where I'm not working all the time. So it's nice, but this time of year, like we're in this really weird position. Like I talk about draft prospects, I talk about free agent film I'm watching.
Speaker 2: We'll do more of that.
Speaker 1: But I thought that was a good chance to kind of connect with you guys. Haven't done mailbags in a while. So let's go ahead and talk to the boys and to the ladies out there. I think I have a ninety seven slash three percent demographic split, but talking to the lays as well. Yeah, let's just go ahead and get your guys' thoughts and take So the next question here from g Ortega twenty three eighty six, what are the big changes you anticipate happening this off season to help the Dolphins get over the hump? And I don't think you're gonna like this answer because it just doesn't jive with what I see fans talking about on social media. I just think it's incumbent improvements, man, I really do. I mean retaining our own guys, I think is going to be a critical venture this off season with regards to how this thing gets built and where the money that we do have goes.
Speaker 2: And look like there, I know you've been.
Speaker 1: Told a bill of goods about how this cap situation is going to be damning for us for a long time. But you just please just please don't listen to that, like it's just not the case. You know. Kyle Krabs, locked on Dolphins, is the guy that you probably go to first for that because he is so locked on it. Chris Coffin's very good. C. K. Parrott with the financial aspect of it. Outside of that, just just please be careful with where you get information from because it's tricky. I don't really dive into it because it's over my stupid brain and I don't really want to like flesh out like where you move money around and restructure. But just understand that the way this organization or front office structures things is to keep themselves flexible, to give themselves outs, to keep themselves with the ability to change things that the drop of a hat for a scheme change or a coach change, or whatever the case may be. They find opportunities to move money around and keep themselves flexible. It's the job of an entire guy. Brandon Short is a great job in the organization of making that all happen. So just please remember that it's the stuff you hear from people that think that a nine technique means the defense nine gaps, like, don't take your opinions too seriously from that, that's my only thing. So with that all set, gi Ortega your question about what moves the Dolphins might make this off season to make them get over the hump. I think the third year in the offense for the quarterback and play.
Speaker 2: Caller is paramount. I've heard Peyton Manning talk about that.
Speaker 1: I've heard other quarterbacks discussed how critical that continuity on the offense side of the football is. And you guys know me, I think the best way to win today's in today's league is to be the best on offense. Just continue to be the best on offense, and you will find your way into the winner circle in most games because most other teams don't have offenses and quarterbacks that can keep up in the thirties. I would say there's twenty four teams if you score thirty points against, they really don't have much of a chance to beat you. And now we have to find out how to beat the other eight teams that have the quarterbacks like the one that we have or even better than the one that we have, which is the case for a handful of teams right. So to me, it's just being better detailed at everything, minimizing pre snap penalties and mistakes, giving yourself a better glance at what the pre snap alignment of the defense and postnapp rotation might be. Having my quarterback have more answers and critical situations, having better third down conversion and communication with how we attack a good defense with a good pass rush and the pass protection plan. I think for year three, for Tua being more well versed in his protections and how to get that stuff all sorted.
Speaker 2: I talked about it on the Super Bowl Recap podcast.
Speaker 1: Tony Ralmo talked about brock Party in his second year being a very good cerebral quarterback in the processing element of the position that he thinks he plays well at. But one thing he thought he could have done better was a quick protection fix, right, a protection resolution to what the defense presented, And he didn't think that brock Party had the answers to this all the time. And so for Tua, who I think has really taken a big step the last couple of years with his professional approach, with his mental aptitude.
Speaker 2: And just knowing ball.
Speaker 1: He's always had great recall, but I feel like he just has taking that knowledge to a different level the last couple of years. I think in year three, like I talk about it all the time, if Tuwas puts his mind to something about getting better, especially in the off season, he's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a big thing for him.
Speaker 1: So offensively, structurally, quarterback and coach are your two most important pieces, right I think those guys can be even better now. As far as what moves happened in the off season, I've I've kind of discussed it's been on the show here, but we'll go ahead and recap it again. Better and true dropback situations and maybe a more refined offensive approach that has a little bit more What's what I'm looking for here, not like not predictability, but can just when you when you know what you have to do, you can do it right. And that is kind of what the Rams and Niners have done the last couple of years. They've converted to a little bit more of a power running scheme that gives them more opportunity to convert those situations that we came up shorten.
Speaker 2: That's a big part of it.
Speaker 1: Playing better under pressure in general for the quarterback and the offense is a big part of it. And then defensively opening up more of your guys to more just you know, scheme fluctuation, to more adaptability week by week to open up the playmakers to put them in better positions to go make plays. And yeah, that's probably about it. I would say getting after the quarterback a little bit more, these top line quarterbacks and confuse them with different rush looks. That's been big on my list this offseason, so plenty to look at there, and of course, you know we'll have some newcomers to come in and help with that as well. Next question here from at Laramore underscore Ben keep one cut one McDaniel into a you are diabolical, sir.
Speaker 2: That is tough.
Speaker 1: Oh man, can I sacrifice my third born child? I don't have a third It's not gonna happen. So that's why I say that, and all jokes aside, but really I'd probably go to the quarterback just because I'm a big believer what this coach can do. I'm a big believer in the quarterback as well, so don't take that out of context. But I would say, I would keep McDaniel by a slim margin because I think that once you get a head coach, he can certainly tailor thanks for that quarterback, And I think that eventually, you never know, it took us twenty years the first time, eventually we could find another quarterback. A head coach can be even tougher to find. If you ask me at ross PB, of all the players who are due to hit free agency, which two do you re sign? One offense and one defense, I'd pick Wilkins and Hunt. I put this question in there because we already discussed this earlier. My pick was Robert Hunt for the defense. Yeah, I think you nailed the head there with Christian Wilkins. I will say, though, if it gets to a point where it's not really you know, tenable for your your structure and your cap and it's going to really really suck if you have to lose a player like that because of that. But I will say, if it comes down to that, a cheaper option at the safety position, and Deshaun Elliott probably is my pick because of the financials of that and the flexibility we'd have with that, you know, twenty million dollars per year, which of course you can sparse out through the course of the contract and you know, roll the money down the line and all that fun stuff. But I would say, just from a value standpoint, if it's not Wilkins, which it is, right, it's probably just Shaun Elliot because I thought that he played way above board in terms of what he was paid this year and his production on.
Speaker 2: The football field should take a break.
Speaker 1: Right there, Let's go ahead and take our le Now, let's go one more here at Kevin twenty five oh three nine. When you watch the film of JPGA of Organ or Zach Frazier at West Virginia and both are available and center's number one priority, who do you take?
Speaker 2: Keep up the great work, Thank you, Kevin? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, So JPJ is Jackson Powers Johnson from Oregon. Who So, when you go back over the course of the draft, like centers don't typically go in the first round unless they hit a certain threshold. And that threshold typically is a certain level of athleticism, a certain number of starts in college and just really really really good tape that's difficult to find holes with them, and then also a certain level of size and strength. And that's where I thought Miami. I thought we had everything else at center besides that last criteria there the size and strength, which I talked about it right in training camp. I watched Raykwon Davis walk Connor Williams back into the lap of the quarterback frequently, and he doesn't do it against anybody else like some guys he does. But I mean Connor Williams, if there was one issue in his game, it was the size and the stature at that position and just overall anchor in the lakes. But I mean, for the most part he was. He's a fantastic player, right But between that and short yardage movement, pushing guys off the football QB sneaks or even just full back dives. When you watch Jackson powers Johnson play, he is on that level of a Creed Humphrey who fell out of the second round, on that level of a Frank Ragnow who did go.
Speaker 2: In the first round.
Speaker 1: Of these top tier centers that you can put on your football team and know for twelve years we are locked in at a critical position, and this guy is, in my opinion, he might be the best player.
Speaker 2: Of the entire draft.
Speaker 1: He is in that conversation with regards to how good he is at his job and all the makeup and the like. It's Christian Wilkins. He's Christian Wilkins as a center. That's how I describe him. He's a phenomenal player to me. He is optioned one a b cd EF at pick twenty one if he's there. Zach Frasier, I love his game, but I would just knock him back a tiny little bit because they're both former wrestlers, which is always a critical part in that pierside. For some reason, they're both smart as hell. They both played a million snaps at college. Zach Fraser is a captain who's tough as hell. He's right there too, But I just think that JPJ is on a different tier. He's on that Creed Humphrey tier. He's very, very good, and there are other centers in this class that I think make good sense in the second round as well. So it's a good position to need and it's part of the reason why I think that the current guy. I think my assumption would be that you don't see him back next year. Let's go ahead and take that last break right there, come back on the other side and finish up your questions on the mail back edition of the Drift Time podcast That's next brought to you by Auto Nation some more mailbag questions. Don't forget DCC on Saturday. You can come by and find my guy Seth and I will be at the finish line, I believe, in the paddock area at the f one track. We're gonna be hosting a radio show live on the air from ten to noon. We're gonna have some pre tape segments, but also gonna have some guys stop buying and do a live hit. I believe Jalen Phillips will be with us, but we'll also have tons of players and Coach will be there. Gonna be a fun time hanging out for a couple hours there at DCC on Saturday. With that, let's go ahead and get back to your questions here and a couple of quick ones. First one at Finn's finish why aren't they addressing the special teams coaching. They actually did let go of an assistant special teamers, Brandon Dale.
Speaker 2: I believe his name was relieved to his duties.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it sounds like Coach Cross was gonna be back, So I just think it has to be better this year.
Speaker 2: Right, special teams was tough. This season has to be better this year.
Speaker 1: This year at finn one fan the Dolphins renew year contract. Yeah, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, So don't worry, Mike. I'll be here with you outside the radio four on Sundays after Dolphins wins and losses, but hopefully more wins.
Speaker 2: At the Homie.
Speaker 1: Which player or players will improve the most under coach? Weaver loved that question, So I mentioned Javon Holland, but that's not He's already doesn't have a lot of room to go, right, He's pretty good already. As far as most improvement, it's got to be Cam Smith, right. I think about Cam Smith getting kind of the shaft last year in terms of not getting a chance to even see the field because of kind of a grudge that was held about not bringing in his own guys. And that's how I'm going to get back at you. And it's at stubbornness, man. That stuff don't play. That don't play at all. So I think camp Smith is your obvious option. I watching him all camp long, I feel pretty confident in my evaluations. I do get some stuff wrong. I thought no Ignogony was gonna be a good player. Well he wasn't, so you get some stuff wrong.
Speaker 2: But damn it.
Speaker 1: Cam Smith can freaking play man. He can play ball. He looks really good out there. He's so fluid, quick trigger, super smart processor. He moves before the ball comes out and just kind of sees things in a way that not every player can. A big fan of his game, I think the next obvious answer is changing Tyndall. I think a lot of the player development loving guys up putting your arm around him, not putting him a freaking you know, a Mike Leach storage shed out somewhere and just forgetting about him for a couple of days like that was kind of how the last guy did it right. But for Coach Weaver, I think he's gonna come in here and give these guys a fresh start, a fresh opportunity, and then for a more I guess not obvious answer because those kind of were obvious to me would have to probably be Sjalen Ramsey. I mean I talked about it in the you know who stands to get it to benefit the most, But I think that Ramsey's ability to play in different positions, you know, that's as he said a detriment to Ramsey. If you just tick them at field or boundary corner, leave him. They're like, no, move this guy around and maximize his ability to make plays by putting him in positions where the ball will definitely go. Because you're not going to avoid Tyreek kill all game right. Put him in spots where the ball will go and watch him make more plays. At Xander Gomez, any chance xaviing Howard comes back, I talks about his cap hit, would be a waste to issue the best Dolphins cornerback I've seen the last twenty years. Sir Sam Madison's on this team twenty years ago, so I take.
Speaker 2: Exception to that. But now, I mean the play's fallen off.
Speaker 1: It's there's been a bit of a drop off in terms of production, and at that salary, it definitely can't have that production at that cost. So as far as chances, I would never say never, but right now I would say it doesn't look like that's the direction they're going. And with the comments he's made as well, seems like it's a different kind of direction for the team. At Wade Trip one, Are you going to the Seahawks game? I hope so that's my hope. That's the plan. It just kind of depends on when the game is. It depends if I can get my family out there as well. We definitely want to go home and see our family. But that's the plan. I'm hoping to be there at Skeeter doing on are we going to resign Christian wilkins Man. I think there's some hope there. I think they're trying.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know it's a difficult business side of this whole thing that we don't like discussing, but I think that that's the plan. That's the approach. You know, Chris Career has talked about how much they want him here in the past, and I know he wants to be here, So hopefully it gets done. But I mean, I can't sit here and tell you yes or no either, Wakes.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: One more here before I get to some other questions at Dominic Amara two. What do you think is the most important for the off season to progress, for the offense to progress on physicality, to take a load off to or more proficiency in the true drop back game. So all past concepts are not so much schemed open plays that were easier to key on later in the year. Well, if that's the assessment, then off of what you're saying, I would say the it would be the proficiency in the true drop back game, because that was something they had back in twenty twenty two when they did get themselves into some long yard situations at times, it seemed like and we're able to get out of those situations with a very proficient third down and especially third and long passing game. They were actually first in the NFL and third and long and twenty twenty two, not the case last year.
Speaker 2: So I would say it's just true proficiency in that way.
Speaker 1: Probably injuries and attrition to the offensive line that caused so many breakdowns and in ability to play on time within those structures was a big issue, and I think it eventually impacted to his trust in his protection and his whole you know thing about keeping himself healthy. I think kind of was part of that collection of just ugly offense down the stretch.
Speaker 2: So I would say that that's the one that I would choose.
Speaker 1: Between these two, and with the idea of the schemed open plays not working, and that's I mean two is a huge part of that. Okay, Like let's not get that Twisted two's ability to see things play out and anticipate is why things get so open so frequently.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Let's see what else we got here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I I want to weigh in on content wars, even though I know it doesn't really involve me anymore. I do remember living in that world for a long time when I was coming up with Locked on Dolphin and trying to carve out a full time role in this industry for myself. And I see now that that realm of Dolphins Twitter that I consider myself an alumni of, you know, the old fans site, covering the team for fun at first and trying to make my way and turn into a profession.
Speaker 2: I remember doing that.
Speaker 1: I remember getting lots of fights with people like Josh Houts, for instance, and I would go to each other's next all the damn time because we thought we were both were probably gonna be the next whatever, you know, and looking back in hindsight, it's totally silly. And I do want to address that further, but we're out of time here on this show, so I'll go ahead and save it for the Wednesday podcast.
Speaker 2: I suppose.
Speaker 1: I really what I really want to address, I mean, perfectly honest, is the so everybody asks when this stuff happens, like what's the best Dolphins podcast to go to? And I'll go in those threads and there'll be grind locked on Dolphins three yards per carry drive time, and sometimes the drive time comments get replied to is Travis's propaganda, he can't be on honest, YadA YadA yah. And I just want to address that part real quick, because, first of all, if you're saying that you have listened to the show in a while, I will admit the first year on the job here there probably was some of that because the person that ran the department was very very much thumb on the scale, with me not so much the case anymore. And also, like you can see my tweets, I tweet about the games live and tell you where the shortcomings are. I talk about the shortcomings in the podcast here. So I just take a lot of exception to that. I take exception to just by the nature of my position and my job that it's thought that I my credibility is less then, and how is my credibility less them?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Someone who puts someone on their airwaves that told you for twelve months consecutively that Skyler Thompson was the best quarterback on the roster, and now that the whole idea doesn't get questioned anymore because it wasn't a well thought out, researched idea, right, It was just saying stuff to say stuff. So if you want to put someone like that on your podcast and say difference of opinions is good to have on the show, I agree. But there's also a reason I don't put my four year old on the podcast because when I ask her, how was your Valentine's Day, sweetheart, she says purple.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You don't need differing opinions just because they're different without vetting them for quality. I will never put stuff on the podcast that doesn't provide quality for you, guys, that doesn't make us collectively smarter as a Dolphins fan, as a football fan, as a human being talking about films or experiences, or evaluating draft prospects or Tua's mistake on a third down throw on a Week fourteen game, I will always give you the best in that regard, and never, ever, ever, even if I leave the Dolphins, I will never hill, I will never grift I will never put myself in that position, So I just want to address that. I'll do more on the Wednesday show, But gosh, guys, like, what is what is going on out there? All right? So Saturday ten to noon, Seth Levitt and myself are going to be at the finish line of DCC, which I believe is in the Paddock Club this year. No more JANKI finish line back in some random parking lot. It's on the actual F one track at the Paddock Club, and Seth and I will be hosting a two hour radio program. We'll have some pre taped interviews. We're gonna have the great Liz Jenkins. Jason Jenkins' is the late Jason Jenkins. His wife, Doctor Nimmer, the head of Sylvester Cancer Research Group, will be on the show with us, and I believe we're angling for Jalen Phillips as well. We're also gonna have OJ McDuffie and a live feed to OJ on his ninety nine mile ride at DCC. So come check us out, Come say hi to me and Seth, take some pictures, whatever you want to do, come meet some players, all that fun stuff. Please come out and support DCC if you are not part of it already. We'll see you guys out there on Saturday. So y'all, please be sure in the meantime to subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts from. Go ahead and leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social.
Speaker 2: At Wingfield NFL. Although, to be perfectly honest, I don't I don't really want to sweet anymore. Else It's about football in season during the game. I guess this couple is nonsense. Right up, all the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish tank with seth shoes. Check out the YouTube channel for.
Speaker 1: Media Availabilities Dolphins Today, so my breakdown's on there, and of course last button, not least Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finn's Up, Carolina and Cameron Daddy's coming home.