Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and now he Armstrong and Jetty in Central New Jersey.
Speaker 3: The FBI is now investigating multiple sightings of swarms of drones hovering menacingly overhead night after night for the last several weeks. The drones have been described as larger than what a hobbyist might fly. Some of the drones have been spotted close to a military installation and President elect Trump's Bedminster golf club, where he frequently stays. The FAA says, at the request of Federal Security partners, it is prohibiting drone flights over Picatinny Arsenal Military Base and Trump's golf course.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope we're on top of this. Whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Can you say Picatinny on the air. This definitely has the feel of it's absolutely nothing or nothing else matters. It's either something unbelievable or it'll go away and it'll turn out to em.
Speaker 2: I hope we're on top of it.
Speaker 4: Like I said, why that's crazy, Okay. Jason Riley is a brilliant man. He writes for The Wall Street Journal, among other places. He's an editorialist. He happens to be a black man, and he wrote a column recently. He's talking about President Biden venturing to Angola, Africa, fleeing the country after the utterly indefensible, dishonest, bipartisan, damaging pardon of his boy and he mentions that many black Americans trace their ancestry to Angola, former Portuguese colony, and mister Biden spoke of the country's quote shared history an evil of human bondage during his remarks, we remember the stolen men and women and children who were brought to our shores and chains and subjected to unimaginable cruelty.
Speaker 2: So far, absolutely true.
Speaker 4: The horrors of slavery, whenever and wherever it's existed, are undeniable and horrific to anybody with the beating heart, as far as I'm concerned, particularly as a lover of liberty. But let us plunge on. And one of my favorite parts about this column is that it is it utterly refutes so much of the sixteen nineteen project and its premises, and that got so much currency. It's still being taught in school systems around, and it's, you know, like all great frauds, it's like three quarters true and then that last quarter, though, including the premise of the whole damn thing, is utterly farcical. The idea that the US was we broke away from Britain to make sure we could keep having slaves, and then we wrote a constitution to make sure we had lots of slaves, and the whole part of the country is to keep slavery going. Nothing could be more dishonest. But anyway, Jason Riley, in writing about Oh, his title is will we ever hear the end of slavery reparations?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding. You mentioned that later, But Biden thinks the issue needs further study. But few issues in history have received more attention. Yeah, the whole further study thing. Seriously, I wish I could give me five minutes with Black America.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 4: This is the carrot dangled in front of your nose that you will never taste its delicious orange goodness. It is a political fraud designed to keep you voting in one particular way.
Speaker 2: There are going to be no.
Speaker 4: Reparations of any significant scale in any significant area.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about the carrot as a metaphor for an enticement is I'm not doing anything for a carrot.
Speaker 2: Nothing. I mean, I won't get up out of my chair for a carrot.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not a donkey, are you? All right, here's where it gets really really interesting to me. You want to talk about the African slave trade to our part of the world. More than ninety percent of enslaved Africans were sent to the Caribbean and South America between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries a year fifteen hundreds to year eighteen hundreds, more than nine more than ninety percent. Wow, while about six percent of African captives were sent directly directly to British North America, about six percent.
Speaker 1: It's definitely true that slave I mean, I'm going way back to my grade school years. But slavery was portrayed is like a uniquely American thing.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah? Yeah, a horror that we and we alone committed. And you know, I don't answer for the sins of my forefathers anymore than they would answer for my sins somehow if they had a time machine. And again, none of this is ever to deny the horrors of slavery. That's not the point at all. But and although the trans Atlantic slave trade receives far, far more attention today, the trans Saharan slave trade have you even heard of? That, which involved Arabs transporting captives from Black Africa across the Sahara Desert and the Persian Gulf to the Islamic world of North Africa and the Middle East, involved a larger number of African slaves and lasted for a much longer period.
Speaker 2: It is striking.
Speaker 4: Harvard scholar Orlando Patterson wrote that quote, the total volume of African slaves acquired by Muslim masters is greater than the total acquired by Europeans and the Americans. Nor mister Patterson stress with slavery unique to Africa, Europe, and the Islamic world or to a particular stretch of time. Quote, there is nothing notable peculiar, notably peculiar about the institution of slavery. It has existed from before the dawn of human history right down to the twentieth century, in the most primitive of human societies and in the most civilized. There is no region of the earth that has not at some time harbored the institution. Probably there is no group of people on Earth whose ancestors were not at one time slaves or slaveholders.
Speaker 2: Oh, almost certainly. Man a lot of human beings throughout history. I saw the number the other day, the total number of humans that have lived on Earth, forty billion or something, whatever it was. Man, most of them had awful lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just awful. Whether it's healthcare or being a slave, is just awful.
Speaker 4: And I just read an account. I'm not going to lay it on you, but the premise of the thing was about how the world community and the UN and all sorts of people are doing nothing to hold some of the Islamist groups to account for their slavery right now, including the slavery of women as has forced brides and the rest of it. I'm going to spare you the worst parts of it, but there is wide spread, horrible slavery going on as we speak and breathe on earth right now. Oh sure, right now, China, millions of people, right, Yeah, I'm sorry I was talking over you, China, right. This is interesting. Earlier this year, Portuguese President Marcello Rebello di Suza suggested that his country should pay slavery reparations to Angola is the former Portuguese colonies and I mentioned, but the current Angolan president shot down the idea. He said, it's impossible to make up for what happened in the past. It only creates conflicts, he told reporters. Mister Biden, by contrast, has insisted the issue needs further study. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: That's so weak, the opposite of leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pretend to make some noises for something that will never happen, to make sure the wokest people out there feel like I'm on their side.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: And he goes into California, New York have set up preparations, task forces, a couple other things, and then he says, California was never a slave state.
Speaker 1: Oh and Titam is just south of San Francisco. Shiloh's outside of La Sure.
Speaker 4: And its black population didn't reach two percent until the nineteen forties. Oh wow, Today California is a majority minority state where Latinos forty percent and Asians fifteen percent far outnumber Blacks five percent. Why should Asians and Latinos whose ancestors were never slave owners, well not slave owners in the United States of Africans.
Speaker 2: I got to depart.
Speaker 4: Here from Jason's brilliance and say, whoa dude, so called Latinos were probably Spanish, had Spanish ancestors. They came to the New World and enslaved craploads of people Mayans and Aztecs and whoever, or or anybody else, or maybe they were enslaved.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, but anyway, why should Asians and Latinos, as ancestors maybe never own slaves and who themselves have been subject to discrimination, be forced to compensate Black people today who are never slaves.
Speaker 1: Well, and I don't know how much of this we've talked about for our whole Armstrong and Getty network, because we talk about it locally in California a lot. But the proposal that is out there in California is giving everybody who's a descend who's black house, you get a free house.
Speaker 2: What is the other stuff? You get?
Speaker 4: Two hundred thousand and eight dollars a year job forever, just all kinds of.
Speaker 1: Like nutty nutty stuff, like so crazy you can't believe anybody's even talking about it out loud.
Speaker 4: Jason Riley goes on to say, moreover, those blacks who did migrate to the Golden State in the middle decades of the twentieth century did relatively well on average urban as Fred Siegel wrote, Blacks have long been better off materially in LA than in the rest of the country. As early as the nineteen thirties, Watts had the highest rated black home ownership in the country. Blacks benefited from the World War two boom Blah blah law nineteen sixty four National Urban League Survey rank Los Angeles is the best big city in the nation for black employment, housing, and income. Earlier this week, California Assemblyman Kammie mcmarxy said he would introduce legislation require University California and the state University to give admissions preferences to the descendants of slaves. He says, we have a moral responsibility to do what we can to write those wrongs, but the real obligation is to stop discriminating by race altogether, not char change who's on the receiving end, which is what his legislation would do. Mister Brian and others seeking reparations need to decide whether they want justice or payback.
Speaker 2: Jason Riley, Tip.
Speaker 1: Of the Cap my friend well someday in California We'll have a bullet train that takes you from Gettysburg to.
Speaker 4: Appomattox and black folks can ride for free. Is reparations from something from Asians, from Muslims snatching up more Africans than went to the entire Western Hema fear, of which the US had six percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a.
Speaker 1: Big day for the whole trans conversation at the Supreme Court came across the latest numbers on how many people consider themselves LGBTQ plus in each generation. Oh boy, which is kind of interesting. And they have a guess. I'm pretty easy to guess. Stay tuned as listening to a podcast the other day was all about how things culturally lead to legally almost every law, not almost, I'm sure every law. It was culturally a thing before it was legally a thing. And that's kind of where where we are with this Supreme Court taking up the trans stuff today. The question is, culturally, do we think children should be deciding whether they're boys or girls and then parents having up operations done on them?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Then? I think ninety percent of us think no, they shouldn't. But Jam Crawford of CBS News, the Legal correspondent she's really good. She was outside the Supreme Court building and talked to a couple of moms.
Speaker 5: School teacher Arion Adam Chakhova said her son was sixteen when he came out as a trans girl.
Speaker 6: His dad and I were very open to different gender expressions, and we just figured that this was an experimental phase, and so I was like, yeah, you know, what dress however you want, like cool, that's great.
Speaker 2: I was open to all of it.
Speaker 6: But then I realized if he went to the doctor, they were going to prescribe him hormones, and he was begging for the hormones.
Speaker 2: He was begging for puberty blockers. The doctors told me my daughter would commit suicide if I didn't transition her.
Speaker 5: The doctors told you that they did. Both women, self described liberals, did not let their children take medication, which can be irreversible. They said their kids went through intensive psychotherapy, and after about eighteen months both children de transitioned.
Speaker 6: When you're twenty five, if you decide that's the pathway you need, then we will of course love you and support you and your decision.
Speaker 2: Those doctors are evil. It reminds me.
Speaker 1: I said this a couple of weeks ago of the therapist. I know that said a lot of the therapists. If they get a teen who says, you know, I think I'm a girl, they send them to a doctor, she argues, convinces and had two teenage people who were talking about that and talk to them out of it in like two minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you can either vastly last majority of kids grow out of it.
Speaker 1: So you either immediately jump on board with the Okay, you see you might be a girl, you're probably a girl, let's go to the doctor, or no, here's what you're probably.
Speaker 2: Going through and then they say, oh, okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's astounding that. I mean, the quote unquote success rate of hey, let's talk about this is enormously high. Is that that a large majority of the counseling community and these perverse doctors they don't even do that well?
Speaker 1: Fitting in with the whole culturally thing that I mentioned by generation, what percentage of people identify as LGBTQ plus the silent generation?
Speaker 2: How do you know? You ask him, they don't say anything, but you're saying nothing.
Speaker 1: Of the silent generation identifies as lgbtqos. Now, of course you can make the argument that they come from a time where it wasn't okay, and a lot of them are not saying they.
Speaker 2: Are gay when they are blah blah blah, which might be true.
Speaker 1: Baby Boomers, it's two point three percent, which is close to the right number. Generation X four point five percent. Again, kind of close to the right number based on like gallop poles of what percentage of people are gay or bisexual, it's around three percent, they think. Millennials it's ten percent. Generation Z twenty three percent.
Speaker 4: Right. Well, that's the problem with the alphabet soup and particularly the Q part of it, because queer doesn't mean anything. It just means I'm against the status quo man. That's the that's it means, oppositional to the powers that be. That's all it means, or the expectations of society. I'm queer, man, it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Came across this Twitter feed from a fellow by the name of Chad Green.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's a gay fellow.
Speaker 4: He says, an older trans woman talk to me when I was twenty one or so about my interest in transitioning.
Speaker 2: Did we mention that Supreme Court is hearing Yeah.
Speaker 4: The case at Tennessee a Tennessee case where Tennessee is trying to outlaw these experimental sex change treatments on children, and they're hearing the oral arguments today. Anyway, So this guy says, an older trans woman talk to me when I was twenty one or so about my interest in transitioning. She said, quote, You'll spend the rest of your life asking yourself why you gave up being a cute but insecure gay man and trapped yourself in the body of someone who kind of looks like a woman. Oh, every day you'll stare in the mirror, studying every shadow, every hint of your former face, convinced that it's shining through. You'll try to hide it with makeup, long hair, and more makeup, but you'll always see him. Your clothes won't fit right. You're too tall, too lanky. Every person you pass, you'll imagine is wondering about you. Your voice will always feel too deep, too loud, too heavy, but faking it will sound fake. You'll notice, they'll notice. You will always feel naked in public. If you can't believe it, how will a man I'm talking about a lover. Over time, you'll find the right tricks, right makeup, right tone right movement, you'll forget more and won't notice the I am certain something awe is off looks, but he'll always be there waiting. You need the whole world to believe, but you never will. And he says, she saved me. The solution for me was accepting what I could not change. I was still struggling. I was still living with anxiety. I still hated my body. But was this the answer? Was it really the answer? It wasn't. I needed time to time and to prioritize my life more important. Chatlenges came. Part of growing up is real resalizing. Sometimes things hurt your life can't stop when things are difficult. Gender affirming treatment keeps you stuck in never ending acceptance and validation, trying to be what you cannot be, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: Well, guys, a lot of people are getting excited because Spotify is sent to release their Spotify Wrapped playlist.
Speaker 2: Any day now, Yeah, which will tell everyone what they listen to most this year.
Speaker 7: In fact, the company releases all sorts of data about their users.
Speaker 2: It's pretty interesting. Check this out first out.
Speaker 7: Sixty percent make a Christmas playlist to enjoy at home. Forty percent just take a seat on the floor at CBS in September and listen. Thirty percent have a Spotify family plan.
Speaker 2: Seventy percent told their dad to use it.
Speaker 7: A month later, he said, I can't find the Eagles on Shopify that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids are on my Spotify, so all our listening gets jumbled together, so I get fed stuff I never want to listen to, and vice versa. Yeah, there is an Apple shaped music service that I have the same problem with this. I get my daughter's musical tastes sent my way.
Speaker 2: Hey Joe, we've compiled a playlist just for you.
Speaker 4: Do a Lippa and Taylor Swift. Oh great, thanks, thanks for nothing. As problems go, this is a relatively minor one. But the way our clock works here, we have to take breaks at a mandatory time at the bottom of the hour. And so I had a restaurant and I couldn't finish. This guy's incredibly moving, personalized why I didn't transition? How glad I am Twitter thread, an older trans person counseled him not to do it, and he didn't, and he writes, m M, I'll skip to the end. The solution for me was accepting what I could not change. I was still struggling, I was still living with anxiety. I still hated my body. But was this the answer? Was it really the answer? It wasn't. I needed time and to prioritize my life. More important challenges came. There's no right way to handle this experience. But transition is such a permanent and drastic solution, one that is no guarantee of peace. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is. The faster you rush it, the more likely you'll regret it. There's a better way. Part of growing up is realizing sometimes things hurt. Your life can't stop. When things are difficult, You've got to find a way forward. Gender affirming treatment quote unquote keeps you stuck in never ending acceptance and validation and trying to be what you cannot be. I'm grateful every day I did not transition. I didn't give up a future I could never have imagined for myself. I didn't trap myself. I didn't find out too late that it wasn't the answer to my pain. Someone who knew told me the truth. That's why I speak out today. And well done, sir, I appreciate your candor and your courage.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see what the Supreme Court justices think of this. I don't know how up on the whole trans thing they are. I mean, a lot of them are pretty old. It's got to be pretty shocking to them, the fact that it's happening.
Speaker 4: In Yeah, and there are a lot of these things, like the critical race theory, the Black Lives Matter deal, it's all related. It's all postmodernism neomarks as well, and the radical gender theory stuff that the folks who are trying to promote this are good at selling it. They soft pedal the ugly stuff, and they really twist and sugar coat either the data or the good it does, or that sort of thing. And so if you just do a drive by look at some of these issues, you can really get led down the garden path. And I'm kind of concerned that that might happen with the justices. Once you start digging into the stuff, you realize how insitious it is. Speaking of which, The New York Times Jeremy Peters wrote a piece, and he happened to say, to get on the wrong side of transgender activists is often to endure their unsparing criticism. You're a Nazi, You're a hater. Blah blah blah uh, and then he mentions When JK. Rowling said that denying any relationship between sex and biology was deeply misogynistic and regressive, a prominent group accused her of betraying real feminism. Angry critics posted videos of themselves burning her books. Blah blah blah. Well, Jake came out and wrote, the rewriting of history begins. Opponents of gender ideology haven't merely quote endured unsparing criticism. I haven't simply been told I betrayed real feminism or received a few book burning videos. I've been sent thousands of threats of murder, rape and violence. She talks about her children being doxed, Oh, my god, threatened. I could write a twenty thousand word essay on what the consequences have been to me and my family, and what we've endured is nothing compared to the harm done to others.
Speaker 2: That essay would include a wizard and a magical young boy and be incredibly readable.
Speaker 4: Yes, by standing up to the movement that relies on threats of violence, ostracization, and guilt by association, all of us have been smeared and defamed, and many have lost their livelihoods. Some have been physically assaulted by transactivists. Female politicians have been forced to hire personal security on the advice of police. The news that one of the leading's UK ender chronologists, doctor Hillary cass, was advised not to travel by public transport for her own safety, should shame anyone who let this insanity.
Speaker 2: Run a mock.
Speaker 4: Insanity is correct, Yeah, yeah, Now the political landscape has shifted and some have been riding high on their own supplier, waking up with a hell of a hangover. They've started wondering whether calling left wing feminists who wanted all female rape centers calling them.
Speaker 2: Nazis was such a smart strategy.
Speaker 4: Maybe parents arguing that boys ought not to be robbing their daughters of sporting opportunities might sort of have a point. Possibly letting any man who says I'm a woman into the locker room with twelve year old girls could have a downside.
Speaker 1: After all, when this is all over and I think the end is coming of it having the power that it has, it'll it'll still live on in you know, tiny segments.
Speaker 4: But growing in democratic run government circles for instance.
Speaker 2: Oh, it can't last. At least it's going to be agree with you.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a pariah of an ideology soon, I think, and that will doom Gavin Newsom ever running for president because the whole Kamala Harris ad where she sits there and says, yeah, I think sex changes for illegals is a good idea, and she wouldn't never walked away from that. Gavin Newsom's got like ten of those. Yes, the banning parents from finding out about their kids at school, or you know, taxpayer funded paying for it, and all kinds women in sports, men and women's sports, all this stuff he'd have to answer.
Speaker 2: For, like a whole bunch of these. He's dooming. You're right at a time when people are gonna be like, no way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is why I always say run gaff go ahead to it.
Speaker 1: Speak of a Democratic party and that sort of thing. I just saw Chuck Todd of formerly Meet the Press NBC their political analysts saying it was a terrible mistake for Joe Biden to pardon Hunder the way he did.
Speaker 2: And to that this is out today.
Speaker 1: Whatever group it is, it keeps track of the percentage of people that call themselves Republicans or Democrats out with their latest numbers, and for the first time since Watergate, Independents are in number two. There are most of the highest number mid thirties Republicans. Then you got kind of lower thirties independence Democrats in third place. One of the major parties is in third place for the first time since Watergate because of the analysis from the Washington Examiner. Anyway, is that's the sort of damage the Biden administration did with all their crazy s over the last four years. These people didn't leave the party. The party left them. They are the third party now is the Democratic Party. That won't last, but for now that's where it is interesting, not surprising. Nice job, Joe Biden, who should be on Mount Rushmore driving your party into third party status.
Speaker 4: What's the opposite of Mount Rushmore? We need to have an opposite of that Mount crap more.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I mentioned yesterday that I'd canceled all my streaming services to try to get my kids, particularly one kid, watching less stuff on those and finding other things to do with his life. And I'd been threatening that for a long time, and he hadn't been very motivated to come up with some other things.
Speaker 4: To do.
Speaker 1: And I said, I'll just cancel the mom We did get an email from somebody who said, there are other ways to do it. I just you know, change the password and not give them the password and all that sort of stuff. I like the giant gesture. Just we don't have them anymore. We just don't have them anymore. We don't have to do we don't have Hulu, we don't we just don't have that stuff anymore.
Speaker 4: It's it's got some real dramatic weight too. Y. Plus it's gonna save you like a median salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sure, I was going.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I knew it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Remember there was a study last year so it said people underestimate by like two thirds how much they're spending on the streaming services.
Speaker 2: And it's true.
Speaker 1: When I canceled them all, I was like, I've got this one and that one and that one and that.
Speaker 4: One, and what does that add up to. I'm laughing with regret, and I need to do this. I really need to do this.
Speaker 2: The other thing, I just do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm gonna cancel anything, but I've got to reckon with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's a clever ploy plan strategy they all came up with, and it works pretty well. It's a it's a low enough amount of money that you think, eh, where was that eighteen dollars a month, fifty cents a day when I'm not going to have this for fifty cents a day. But there's just like ninety different things like that out there. You know, your gym membership and your Netflix, and your subscription for whatever's in your car so you can listen to satellite radio. It's just there's so many of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, you can.
Speaker 8: I give your son a chance to earn the services back, like one at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did say, you know, we find some other things to do.
Speaker 1: He's he's close to paniced about it.
Speaker 2: It'll be good, though, It'll be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The psychological addiction of the things we do and enjoy from glancing at our smartphones constantly for that little shot of endorphins on the oh horrible screens and all, it's undeniable. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He watches long form shows on NETFL so I don't know if it's the little shot of endorphin. Thing. Addiction is just like easy, but I the little shot of endorphin thing. I've got so bad. I don't recognize that in him, but man, I've got it bad. And they're so good at the freaking algorithms. If I open up my phone to YouTube and I'm gonna watch a news segment, I'm gonna search on it, but it's got right in front of me. Oh, a Bob Dylan interview I've never seen before. It's only forty five seconds long. Me let me click on that, or just it knows what I want. Yeah, And across all the different platforms, it's stealing the information to figure out, oh, you shop for what?
Speaker 2: The other day, here's a.
Speaker 1: YouTube video about that. God damn it's it's it's good. They're good at that, bastards. Yeah, it really, it really troubles me. On the flight the other day, I tweeted out a picture I had a heart an actual paper book with me for the first time in years, because I read everything on my phone, but I had an actual paper book. Part of it is because of the CLR that I got at. I got done a while back to get my eyesight better, and so now it's just easier to read paper books. And but somebody I tweeted that out and somebody responded with, I give you ten minutes before you grab your phone to say I wonder what's going on. And I'm glad I read that because it stopped me. But I was fighting that. I was fighting that the whole time I was reading the book. Is Ah, jeez, I could just grab this phone and I would get and it's just kind of like a comfortable feeling of something good would happen. And it's those endorphins and dopamine and everything like that. But it's just like it's right there. It's like a donut or something. It's just amazing how powerful that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always said that the whole people pretending shame is a bad saying. I mean, it can be a bad thing if it's in excess or company.
Speaker 2: We need more shame.
Speaker 4: I've been saying that, Yes, exactly, Shame is the only reason I'm not in prison.
Speaker 2: Up with shame. More shame.
Speaker 4: If you're not ashamed, to be ashamed of that, if you're not ashamed, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely need more shame.
Speaker 1: I hope it becomes like smoking to where you would kind of want to hide that from people because it's a bad look.
Speaker 2: Staring at your phone.
Speaker 1: That would be nice if that became like smoking, or you know, you don't want to be seeing a person on the plane just staring at your phone. No, you want to have a book or a magazine, or you're practicing your cello or whatever it is you're doing.
Speaker 4: But I think if you're not ashamed, you should be ashamed of that is right up there with if you don't know what introspection is, you should take a long, hard look at yourself.
Speaker 2: We will finish strong. Next.
Speaker 9: We're getting some new details about that Trump Trudeau dinner from two people who were at the table. We are told that when Trudeau told President like Trump that new tariffs would kill the Canadian economy, Trump joked to him that if Canada can't survive without ripping off the US to the tune of one hundred billion dollars a year, then maybe Canada should become the fifty first state and Trudeau could become its governor.
Speaker 2: I love that story.
Speaker 1: You have to picture it with Trump saying it the way Trump would say it, not the way Peter Deucey presented it, like it was the Magna carta or something.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: And I'm told that Trudeau laughed uneasily.
Speaker 2: Sure he did.
Speaker 1: So another major nominee of Donald Trump might pull out. That would be Pete Hegzeth, Secretary of Defense. I don't have any idea if that's good or bad. But Lindsey Graham made some noises yesterday that we need a secretary Defense that women joining the military can respect. And it didn't sound good, and only four Republican senators need to say no for it to go down in flames. And so the news that's out from the Wall Street Journal is that Trump's looking at Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida.
Speaker 2: Do you think Ron de Santis wants it?
Speaker 4: I think he would think seriously about it. Military guy, yeah, very bright and capable as an administrator, but running your home state the second term is, you know, pretty cool job. He seems to be pretty into making his home state as good as possible.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he wants it.
Speaker 4: And it's been incredibly effective at it too. Yeah, I don't know. That's an interesting question. I know there are other people who are who are also being considered.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll have to say.
Speaker 4: I guess they're talking about Jony Ernst, maybe the Senator or Eldridge Colby, who was a former Pentagon official and an ally of JD Vance. They all sound you capable, and Sammart, Have we ever elected I don't think we have ever elected a secretary of defense president, but that seems like a pretty good thing to have on your resume. Two term governor of Florida and Secretary of Defense running for pres then is run DeSantis?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would agree.
Speaker 4: Uh, and answer to your first question, not that I'm aware of George hw Bush ran the CIA, correct, but he wasn't sec deaf Nope. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I I like, I don't know that much about Hezeth, but I would feel pretty comfortable with Marco Rubio's secretary of State and DeSantis secretary of Defense if things could continue to be as ugly as they are for the next four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of Trump's problems is that he appoints people like I buy stuff after two cocktails at night on the internet.
Speaker 2: It's you gotta wait till the next day.
Speaker 4: If it seemed like a good idea, now, it'll be a good idea in the morning.
Speaker 2: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody. On the crew to wrap things up for the day. There is our technical director of Michael Angelo. Michael talked to us, I'm.
Speaker 8: Just trying to think of things that Jack's sons could do instead of watching TV. I've come up with Jack's puppetry, board games, any old timey thing, a slinky about a slinky.
Speaker 1: I'm going to convince them to give up Netflix for board games.
Speaker 4: Katie Greener esteemed musewoman as a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 7: I will be starting an OnlyFans page where I step on cockroaches and low first.
Speaker 2: So awesome, offers the hottest footwear. Good choice, Jack.
Speaker 1: A final thought for us, I think is a good one for the eating season that we're in right now. Is everybody what is they say every year the average person gains five pounds or something like that. I gained three and a half. I had to move to a different hole on my belt. I weigh myself every day. That's one stark reality. But the fact that I had to go to a brand new hole on my belt that clearly had never had the little thing through the hole before, that's a message.
Speaker 2: My final thought is a little breaking news.
Speaker 4: According to the media, it appears that the Supreme Court is inclined to uphold the Tennis Lee law banning cruel experiments on confused children who momentarily think they're the other sex.
Speaker 1: But that would only mean that states can do that. States like California could still allow it. Yes, until people wake up to the horror of it. Yes, it will claim more victims, and that's the shame. Armstrong and Getty Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, Head to the ang store.
Speaker 4: Get a hot Dog's our Dog's T shirt or a cut the Crab T shirt or our new premium hoodie Armstrong ageddy dot com.
Speaker 1: We will see you tomorrow with more news of the day. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong in Getty. Their behavior there has been nothing short of thuggish.
Speaker 4: Yah.
Speaker 8: I don't think you go through that type of experience in doing emerged change.
Speaker 1: I expected more pathetic spectacle.
Speaker 2: You're locking up my toothpaste. What in the hell heck are we talking about? So let's go with a bang. God is a Republican? Take two? God is a republic Take three? Michael. How much tape do we have? Probably on a check and that I note. Thanks you all very much. Armstrong and Getty